Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
May 1, 2014 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
"If a stage 5 gastrea shows up, it will destroy tokyo"

Stage 5 shows up.

MC one shots it with a conveniently placed giant anti stage 5 gastrea railgun.

Fucking priceless.

Why did the gastrea almost destroy the world if we have giant laser cannons?
May 1, 2014 8:14 AM

Jul 2013
kokkoderrisch said:

How would he miss? The sheer speed of the arm (near light speed) made the coriolis effect not factor in at all....

put a pole or a bin 20 meters infront of you. grabs few hula hoop wheels and try to thrown them into it. not exactly the same, but you get my idea.

SolviteSekai said:

Stage 5 shows up.

Fucking priceless.

the lazer cannon was only a prototype and never really tested. also, after firing the one shot it broke down and is useless now.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 1, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2011
Urek said:
LN > Manga >>>>> Anime.

iirc Shogen's death was done better in the manga than the LN? Baka-tsuki current translations seem to indicate that his death scene in the anime was adapted entirely faithfully from the LN - what am I missing, why should I consider picking up the latter? Personally I preferred the Shogen who wasn't a simple brute until the end...
May 1, 2014 9:07 AM

Aug 2013
Too rushed. I thought it was one of the best animes this season, but even tough I haven't read the manga nor the novel I can feel the poorness of this adaptation.

Damn, even the way all the level 5 gastrea was a shitty copy of Diamond Weapon in Final Fantasy VII: emerges from water threatening with killing an entire city and gets easily powned by a light pulse railgun fired from many kilometers away.

I liked two thing in this anime:

1. Kagetane badass villain: dead in few seconds by an annoying main char.
2. Enju: at this pace, she's clearly dying in the next episode.

Just 1 episode left to drop it.
May 1, 2014 9:15 AM

May 2013
That Heaven's Ladder is a pretty bad ass fucking weapon.
May 1, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2010
The fight with Kagetane was awesome.
I thought this was gonna end fast but never thought this fast.
No way Kagetane mask dude just died like that.
Sad to see Senju go, wow and Rentarou shot her ?!
But as a friend he lied to her about Shougen.
Enju is in danger?!
That liar...
May 1, 2014 9:49 AM
Apr 2014
I don't have a PhD in physics here, but there are just so many asspulls with that whole railgun thing, I don't even...

For example, if something's moving at the speed of light, you don't use random ammunition with freaking loose parts everywhere cause it'll just blow the machine up.
And you'd need a kilometer-long particle accelerator to get it to that speed.
And they showed the route of the projectile, and it took several seconds to travel a mere 50 kilometers (at the speed of light, you almost reach the moon in that time, what with the 300k kilometers a second and all).
And at that speed, the explosion would have wiped out a city the size of NY.
And the whole design looked incredibly impractical, with all the leaking electricity.
And...
Oh whatever, not even worth it.

On the episode itself, I haven't read the LN, but it felt terribly rushed. This series has everything it needs to be great, but it simply ruins all the potential it has; it's just sad to watch. The emotional scenes got to me, but not nearly as much as they could have. It's just such a waste ;_; 3/5, it wasn't hi-orrible, but thinking about what could have been depresses me so much.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
May 1, 2014 10:24 AM

May 2013

Swordnoob said:
I don't have a PhD in physics here, but there are just so many asspulls with that whole railgun thing, I don't even...

For example, if something's moving at the speed of light, you don't use random ammunition with freaking loose parts everywhere cause it'll just blow the machine up.
And they showed the route of the projectile, and it took several seconds to travel a mere 50 kilometers (at the speed of light, you almost reach the moon in that time, what with the 300k kilometers a second and all).
And the whole design looked incredibly impractical, with all the leaking electricity.
And...

On the episode itself, I haven't read the LN, but it felt terribly rushed. This series has everything it needs to be great, but it simply ruins all the potential it has; it's just sad to watch. The emotional scenes got to me, but not nearly as much as they could have. It's just such a waste ;_; 3/5, it wasn't hi-orrible, but thinking about what could have been depresses me so much.

This is one of those "so bad it's good" anime.
I love it.

May 1, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2013
kokkoderrisch said:

Swordnoob said:

And...

I love it.

This is actually a good anime so far, but will most likely suck later on because of it's horrible pacing.
So bad it's good is for something like KLK.
May 1, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
Botato said:
kokkoderrisch said:

Swordnoob said:

And...

I love it.

This is actually a good anime so far, but will most likely suck later on because of it's horrible pacing.

How is it "actually a good anime" so far? Just wondering xD I kind of want to see your opinion on Black Bullet considering all of the important plot devices they left out.
PITCH A TENT! PITCH A TENT! PITCH A TENT!

"When it comes to people you really love..., you don't care about yourself!" - Yamato Kurosawa

"Someday, maybe you’ll find someone like you to share your pain with. I can’t tell you when that will happen.... But the important thing is to not reject them". - Mei Tachibana

"When you trust someone and get to know them, you eventually learn about their wounds, too. - Mei Tachibana
May 1, 2014 12:00 PM

Nov 2013
ForteInazuma said:
Botato said:
kokkoderrisch said:

Swordnoob said:

And...

I love it.

How is it "actually a good anime" so far? Just wondering xD I kind of want to see your opinion on Black Bullet considering all of the important plot devices they left out.

Episode 4 suffered the most and it was still enjoyable. The other 3 were fine for the most part. And by good I don't mean a 10\10 show, when I say good I mean between 5 and 10.
However, if the next episodes are like this one, then it will definitely suck.
May 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2013
Wooow. Wow.

That really did escalate quickly! I don't feel like Masked Man is really done for, though?

Something tells me we'll also be seeing more stage 5 gastrea. What's with anime this season going crazy at episode 4? XD
May 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2013
R.I.P loli.

So much for a level 5 Gastrea that almost destroyed the world. Appeared for 5 minutes and then got killed for the lulz.
May 1, 2014 12:28 PM
Apr 2014
kokkoderrisch said:
I love it.
I might be able to enjoy it more if I viewed it that way. A bit like Valvrave or something.
Botato said:
I actually really liked KlK -_- With all the hate I've seen for it, I'm starting to believe my taste is a bit off.
Botato said:
Episode 4 suffered the most and it was still enjoyable. The other 3 were fine for the most part. And by good I don't mean a 1010 show, when I say good I mean between 5 and 10.
As of now, the show stands at 7/10, but it has all the signs of rapidly degenerating to a 6, 5 or even lower. I'm trying my hardest to enjoy it, because I really like the concept and I've heard a lot of good stuff about the LN, but it isn't easy.

Edit:
jiraiya_sensei said:
R.I.P loli.

So much for a level 5 Gastrea that almost destroyed the world. Appeared for 5 minutes and then got killed for the lulz.
^This. So hard. They said the lvl5 were nigh-invulnerable, god-tier undefeated beings, and they go and kill one with the convenient OP never-used-or-reproduced railgun they have lying around. I think this is actually what bugged me the most during this entire episode. And the way it was "controlled" too, but well, I already ranted about the many things that didn't add up with the railgun so I'll leave it at that.
UnleashTheGoatMay 1, 2014 12:34 PM

May 1, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2013
Swordnoob said:
Botato said:
I actually really liked KlK -_- With all the hate I've seen for it, I'm starting to believe my taste is a bit off.

Nah. The anime is bad but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. I did enjoy it, just don't think it deserves all the praise it gets, especially the "savior of anime" title.

Swordnoob said:
Botato said:
Episode 4 suffered the most and it was still enjoyable. The other 3 were fine for the most part. And by good I don't mean a 1010 show, when I say good I mean between 5 and 10.
As of now, the show stands at 7/10, but it has all the signs of rapidly degenerating to a 6, 5 or even lower. I'm trying my hardest to enjoy it, because I really like the concept and I've heard a lot of good stuff about the LN, but it isn't easy.

Same here.
May 1, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2013
Botato said:
Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Nah. The anime is bad but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. I did enjoy it, just don't think it deserves all the praise it gets, especially the "savior of anime" title.

Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Same here.

I don't know about the VN, but this anime is hilarious.
It's incredibly badly paced, laughably fails at portraying social injustices, has teenagers who'se opinions are as important as the commanders in military matters and cheesy dialogue.

"Oh no! The gastrea that almost destroyed the entire world!"
"No problem just use that handy-dandy gigantic railgun that's conveniently a 2 minute walk away"
May 1, 2014 1:29 PM

Mar 2013
enju is best loli so far. Only summer and fall left before I put her into 2014 best loli.
May 1, 2014 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
zetsubousei_hero said:
enju is best loli so far. Only summer and fall left before I put her into 2014 best loli.

Totally agree with you.

Also, the anime cuts out way too much content from the light novel. I was expecting the anime to cut out a few things, but they ended cutting a lot of the more important story details and few philosophical themes. Not only that, the anime is being rushed in 13 episodes.

I highly recommend you guys read the light novels first, the LN story has a MUCH slower pace and explain more detail on the stuff that was going on.
May 1, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2013
Enju better not die
May 1, 2014 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
kokkoderrisch said:
Botato said:
Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Same here.

It's incredibly badly paced, laughably fails at portraying social injustices, has teenagers who'se opinions are as important as the commanders in military matters and cheesy dialogue.

"No problem just use that handy-dandy gigantic railgun that's conveniently a 2 minute walk away"

I haven't read the LN/manga either but... This is all in episode 4. Which, like I said, suffered most from the horrible pace. The other episodes were ok for the most part.
You can't say it's bad yet just because of one episode, I mean who knows, maybe they decide to slow down starting episode 5 and actually explain shit instead of cutting out important stuff.
Yes I know, it's unlikely but one can dream..

With that said, it's still more enjoyable than some other anime with a really bad pace like it. (see Mahou Sensou).
May 1, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
Botato said:
kokkoderrisch said:
Botato said:
Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Same here.

I haven't read the LN/manga either but... This is all in episode 4. Which, like I said, suffered most from the horrible pace. The other episodes were ok for the most part.
You can't say it's bad yet just because of one episode, I mean who knows, maybe they decide to slow down starting episode 5 and actually explain shit instead of cutting out important stuff.

With that said, it's still more enjoyable than some other anime with a really bad pace like it. (see Mahou Sensou).

The main problem is that as a manga reader like 90% of the people who are watching it are in daze. It appalls many because the potential is out of the roof here. The problem is made worse when people who HAVEN'T read the manga or LN also complain that the pacing is extremely bad.
It kind of just makes a lot of people go like- what the hell did I just watch? I guess the main problem is that the producers don't have much time so they're trying to cram in all the LNs into 13 episodes. Series (that have the potential to be really good) end up crashing and burning.

I respect your opinions xD, but damn, I wish I didn't read the manga. The first three episodes cut some things that viewers needed to know.
Currently, Black Bullet is suffering from Episode four just like ZX Ignition Episode 1. :/

I'm just really disappointed I guess.
PITCH A TENT! PITCH A TENT! PITCH A TENT!

"When it comes to people you really love..., you don't care about yourself!" - Yamato Kurosawa

"Someday, maybe you’ll find someone like you to share your pain with. I can’t tell you when that will happen.... But the important thing is to not reject them". - Mei Tachibana

"When you trust someone and get to know them, you eventually learn about their wounds, too. - Mei Tachibana
May 1, 2014 3:08 PM
Apr 2014
ForteInazuma said:
Botato said:
kokkoderrisch said:
Botato said:
Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Swordnoob said:
Botato said:

Same here.

The main problem is that as a manga reader like 90% of the people who are watching it are in daze. It appalls many because the potential is out of the roof here. The problem is made worse when people who HAVEN'T read the manga or LN also complain that the pacing is extremely bad.
It kind of just makes a lot of people go like- what the hell did I just watch? I guess the main problem is that the producers don't have much time so they're trying to cram in all the LNs into 13 episodes. Series (that have the potential to be really good) end up crashing and burning.

I respect your opinions xD, but damn, I wish I didn't read the manga. The first three episodes cut some things that viewers needed to know.
Currently, Black Bullet is suffering from Episode four just like ZX Ignition Episode 1. :/

So it's the same as with Mahouka, then? They cut out everything making the LN good and interesting and focused on the 'service :p I might read the manga after this, but I've heard there hasn't been all that much translated. Translation of the LN has barely started too, so... :/

May 1, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
ForteInazuma said:

Yeah I'm not even sure why they do that, even if they don't have time cramming 20+ episodes worth of material into 11-13 episodes almost never works. Mahou Sensou could have been a really good anime despite it's 'generic' nature, but the guys at Madhouse were high and thought cramming 6 volumes of the LN into 12 episodes was a good idea.

Don't get me wrong I am really liking this, but I just can't overlook the plotholes due to lack of explanation. And what adds to my disappointment is that two staff members working on this also worked on Monster, which was a 100% adaptation of the manga with nothing extra added or cut out, so I expected the same with Black Bullet.
I'll probably just start reading the LN if this anime disappoints.
May 1, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
Rentaro just pulled an edward elric, defeated the guy who I thought would likely be the main antagonist and a stage 5 gastrea lol this episode felt terrible. Shame all the potential seems to be wasted.
May 1, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2014
Oh my what the holy hell ? And I thought last episode was rushed and cheesy. Everything is going so fast, I just can't...

So they let Kagetane's daughter go just based on the premise that he's most likely dead ? I can get behind the idea that the characters aren't genre savvy but even then, is the concept of revenge totally foreign to them ?
Rentaro's breakdown felt out of place and like a cheap way to get Enju to somehow participate in the firing (even though just as a cheerleader), especially considering the fact that he reacted so very quickly when he learned the launcher was out of ammo.

Shougen's loli dying at the end didn't felt particularly moving, mostly because we didn't have time to get attached to her character : relying solely on the fact that she's a cute loli is simply not enough to get me emotionally invested in her plight.

Too much corny lines too, even though I admit I laughed pretty hard at the return of the "If you don't want to die, live!". Is this per chance gonna be the next "People die when they are killed" ?

Wasted potential, wasted potential everywhere.
SapewlothMay 1, 2014 5:13 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
May 1, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
Vaonari said:
Urek said:
LN > Manga >>>>> Anime.

iirc Shogen's death was done better in the manga than the LN? Baka-tsuki current translations seem to indicate that his death scene in the anime was adapted entirely faithfully from the LN - what am I missing, why should I consider picking up the latter? Personally I preferred the Shogen who wasn't a simple brute until the end...

well, the LN is the original and the manga actually added tons of extra scenes... but all the added extra scenes are well done so far. just go for manga if you are low on time, but if you are going to read the LN anyway... why not both? because the manga is actually really good.

Swordnoob said:
So it's the same as with Mahouka, then? They cut out everything making the LN good and interesting and focused on the 'service :p I might read the manga after this, but I've heard there hasn't been all that much translated. Translation of the LN has barely started too, so... :/

well, they said they are going to translate everything of the LN. you can give the manga a shot. they fking ruined it >_>
it could have been reaching the same epicness as attack on titan (it could have, now i wont ever know because of this failed adaptation). seriously. why are they even trying to cram 4 volumes into 12/13 episodes? it should have been more like 2 volumes in 12 episodes...

i am not asking anybody to overlook the plotholes. but notice that those plotholes are mostly the result of very fast rushing of the anime.

as i mentioned before, someone was saying that shooting down such a giant mob with a giant lazer which hits 5% light speed should be not impossible at all.
and yes, there is the point with that the arm would not befitting as a bullet, this is the reason why the lazer got destroyed after firing the one shot. also just think of the bullet piercing throught the mob, not hitting and exploding.
the thing is, if he misses the bullet and hits the city instead, the damage would be horrid, resulting an destruction of the city (the notice that the city would destroyed by the gastrea anyway... well, kinda true though)
and for those who are saying it is easy... i put an example somewhere before:
put a bin up in 20m distance and try to throw few hula-loops into the bin. not exacly the same, but you get the idea (especially here with it being 50km away and he was forced to manually aim at it and shoot)

and to poster above me ^

current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 1, 2014 7:11 PM

Sep 2007
You could already tell that this was going to be a trainwreck from Episode 1 with the exposition dump at the very end. I don't want to point fingers at anyone, but this fiasco is ultimately the fault of both the director and writer for trying to cram the entire source material into just 13 episodes.

P.S. And what exactly was that tricycle in the case supposed to represent?
patco23May 1, 2014 8:00 PM
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. --Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator. --George W. Bush, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect, Washington, DC, Dec. 18, 2000
May 1, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2014
SolviteSekai said:

Stage 5 shows up.

Fucking priceless.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, lol, cause that's what it felt like
May 1, 2014 7:21 PM

Jan 2013
Man what a series of extremely dramatic events. It got a bit silly
The animation was fantastic though.
May 1, 2014 8:07 PM
Oct 2010
CopicColors said:
SolviteSekai said:

Stage 5 shows up.

Fucking priceless.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, lol, cause that's what it felt like

Of course it was conveniently placed. That's how they beat the last level 5 one iirc.

Now for the rest of his post I'm going to make some big but reasonable assumptions

- The railguns are really only good for taking out level 5s or larger ones in general, the smaller ones will still be an issue (pre-intiators/valarium (or however this is spelt))

- Railguns aren't lasers lol (this isn't an assumption, they simply aren't).

- The size of the railgun itself makes it a defensive weapon, there's really no way to constantly move that to the front of the battlefield.

- There are no pillars to protect advancing forces from constant attack, and judging by the size of them it would be difficult to construct them on the spot.

- I'm not sure how easily obtained valarium is but I'm going to assume it's a rare material.
May 1, 2014 8:13 PM

Aug 2013
42%... That other girl was condemned at 50%, that's really not a good sign :(

Well, that episode was incredibly fast paced. You know there is always the problem where it is too fast paced or like in Shingeki no Kyojin where sometime, it's so incredibly slow that it make you wonder how the humanity managed to survived by talking so much...

That background on Rentaro with the old guy seemed interresting, I hope they don't skip on it later.

Well, from the case article, we could believe that the Gastrea was human made and that the level 5 are the older model.

That railgun scene really reminded me for some reason the scene in NGE where Shinji and Rei have to shoot on that pyramidal angel :P

I'm pretty sure mask guy isn't dead. After all, he's in the OP xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 2, 2014 1:39 AM

Jul 2013
Wow this episode felt like it rushed the whole thing, I wasn't really impress with this. Though I find the battle appealing, but I expect more form Kagatene to last longer.

Yeah pretty disappointing episode, the ending was mediocre in a sort of way. They also didn't show a lot more for Rentaro's body condition (the arm, the leg, and his left eye.) At least there are a couple answers 10 years ago, but still didn't add up in his pass.

Though I felt sympathy towards the girl that he shot her.
omega_d94May 2, 2014 1:46 AM

May 2, 2014 6:05 AM

Oct 2009
What a waste, I was really enjoying this too...great OST though. Guess I'll read the manga or LN once this is over since we won't obviously see a remake, ever.
May 2, 2014 6:56 AM
Dec 2012
well Hei version 2 unexpectedly walked the plank and apparently we already caught up to the manga in 4 episodes? had to check it wasn't a short series with that ending too!
lovely OST, touching scene with Senju though, and the opening is nice aside from the first bit sounding a lot like SnK opening material which I've listened to too much :P like the visuals too, complete mix of stuff, is watch-able though
May 2, 2014 10:52 AM
Apr 2014
I am very surprised with Rantaro appearance. Also, the ending T.T
-E.T
May 2, 2014 1:37 PM
Mar 2014
UnbornMVs said:
7% left ...

If Enju dies this show is ruined.
ikr
May 2, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Senju.. ;;
And did he just lie about Enju's corrosion exam thing.. 42%+.. its a really frightening number..
Anyway things felt too rushed, but great ep anyway.
May 2, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
this show won't let us catch a break. it really needed to be 2 cour.

does this mean that the masked villain has fallen off the face of this show?

it seems like stage 5 gastrea aren't really problematic. they made a huge deal about these gastrea before but a conveniently placed giant gun was able to get rid of it in 1 shot. i see lots of problems with this especially because that's probably not how it actually works in the manga. however, because of the limited number of episodes this is how stage 5 gastrea had to be portrayed.

what an ending too. enju's gonna cause more problems now. lying does more harm than good. don't they know that?
May 2, 2014 11:43 PM

Dec 2013
pretty good episode to wrap up the arc, pretty messed up how they did all that just for a tricycle
May 3, 2014 5:25 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't expect myself to enjoy this Anime at all. Good job with the fighting scenes although it seems rushed, I'm worried about Enju though hope she doesn't turn into gastrea :/
May 3, 2014 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
Pah, wtf is this shit? Rushing anime? Oh man, stop it. It hurts my eyes totally!
The anime and the story seem to be interesting, but the rush....no words...just destroys the anime -.- :/

Reading Manga now.
May 3, 2014 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
I feel like this could actually be a good series if it were 20 or so episodes. I like the general idea and world it takes place in, but there's literally no development at all. Multiple times while watching this episode I kept saying "really? This is only episode 4?" Kagetane could have been a good villain, if is appearances were more suspenseful, and didn't have this destroy the world plan all happen in 4 episodes.

I still enjoy watching this to a certain extent, I just won't drop it because it's short. But I really wish it could have been 20 episodes to see if it could have developed everything better. Everything is so rushed that if these four episodes were spread out over 8 maybe, then it would have felt a lot more important, to me at least. I haven't read any of the source material so I don't know exactly how much development they could have added in or have skipped, but it seems very jumpy and lacking any sort of build.

Oh well, I'll be watching till the end regardless, here's hoping it surprises me.
May 3, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
Although I enjoyed this episode, there are so many problems with this episode and a series as a whole. Sure, the fight scenes are pretty cool, and Rentarou ripping off his arm and using it as a shell was pretty badass, but everything else is pretty laughable.

I mean, Rentarou killed the main bad guy, and the supposed highest leveled gastrea there is, ALL IN ONE EPISODE. Not to mention that this is EPISODE 4 ( keep in mind I havent read the light novels, so I have no idea if the main bad guy comes back or not blahblahblah). I kind of feel like they are gonna exhaust all of their ideas early on, and later on in the series have nothing really happening. I know everyone else is saying this, but this is just too rushed, and I could get a better action fix elsewhere.

One more thing I dislike about this so far is how Rentarou is basically Jesus. He gets shot in the fucking gut (and to my knowledge, that is the worst place to get shot) and takes 5 or 6 needle things that have 20% chance of turning him into a gastrea. But of course, hes Rentarou and he can do basically anything. I remember back in episode 1 how they explained the ranking system of all the initiators, and Rentarou was very low down the list. THEN WHY THE HELL IS HE SO DAMN INVINCIBLE!?!?!
I could go on, but that's all im gonna say for negatives. I did like the moment between Kayo and Rentarou. It seemed a little strange, but it was genuinely touching.

All in all, I don't think it's terrible, but it definitely could use a TON of patching up. Gonna stick with this one for a while to come.
May 3, 2014 6:29 PM
Jun 2013
great episode
May 3, 2014 7:40 PM

Oct 2013
Not gonna lie, some pretty awesome stuff happened in this episode. However, there is still way, WAY too much going on. They need to slow it the fuck down, develop their characters, and pick a single plotline to focus on rather then a bunch of rushed and underdeveloped side-stories.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
May 3, 2014 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
...that was bad.

Just how much more do they want to rush this show? What happened here should've been spanned out into 5 episodes.

The worst part for me was that sudden reveal of Kisara's grandfather as the mastermind behind the plan. Something had better be done about that.
May 4, 2014 7:36 AM

Mar 2009
Well the most dangerous threat to humanity, the lvl 5, has been defeated, the world is saved, anime end?
This is how it felt like when the fight was over....
Just like many others I don't like the direction this anime takes.

This also seems to be kind of similar to the M3 anime....
In a way that the Gastrea are humans that posses somewhat of a human mind still.
Which would explain the tricycle....
VudisMay 4, 2014 7:41 AM
May 4, 2014 9:02 AM

Feb 2008
Shit's going so fast like a derailed roller coaster ride equipped with rocket boosters. I don't even care about the story anymore. Just gonna sit back, relax and enjoy the messy ride ..unless it decides to go up a notch and go FTL.
May 4, 2014 2:25 PM
Mar 2014
Hmm I'm actually okay with the show being rushed and all. And actually glad it was, because finally, we get to the interesting part which most dystopias deal with only towards the end--wtf is the government hiding/up to.

So I'm glad they didn't bother to put us through foreshadowing that the higher-ups are hiding something, or explicitly show us how terrible the world is or all the build-up that's pretty much present in every dystopian story. And as with all dystopian stories (and actually most stories across genres, too), we know the main baddie usually lies internally--that is, for dystopias, within the government/higher-ups--rather than the external forces attacking the world.

If the show did show all the build-up, yeah sure, it would definitely have been great, but I can't help but think it will mostly just hover around the lines of "we've seen this before", and probably just end up with about the same standard as Noragami--a show done well, but doesn't really stand out cause it's been overdone to death in almost every storytelling medium.

So, kinda happy they sped through everything to get to the juicy part, and the treatment I feel the show gives its audience is that the audience already know how dystopian stories work. Liked that.
helloworIdMay 4, 2014 11:04 PM
May 4, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2007
Ok, I felt like this was the final episode or something because how much stuff they packed on it. Also I expect this masked guy to be more important...

Well, I hope what is ahead of us is really more important exciting to justify such rush (I hope they only change the OP video because I love Black Bullet song... >_>).
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Is it true that there is no hope? Do you still love this?

Ghefira - Jun 5

14 by Kostyazz »»
Jun 28, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

228 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 19, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2014

176 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 9, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2014

156 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 2, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

252 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.