Forum Settings
Forums

'Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.' 2nd Season Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
I hope the show will actually go somewhere now. The first season was entertaining, it was one of the more enjoyable shows with harem elements, but it just didn't go anywhere.

Am I the only one who wanted Hachiman to change? I mean, I liked him, but everybody seems to like him for his emo/depressed/I hate the world/the world hates me attitude. Which is understandable, and relatable (especially to a bunch of anime nerds). But, he wasn't exactly happy. In fact, he was quite miserable. I like his character because he feels real and very sympathetic, not because of his (at times glorified) depression. I want him to eventually drop the immature angsty begrudging outlook on life, and actually grow and develop as a person.

The show was set up to do that, having him make friends, become more involved, etc. But it seems like the fanbase wants none of it. I remember somebody on here in one of the episode discussions saying something like "if he changes, he won't be interesting as a character any more". Which I found puzzling, because I find him interesting not because of generic teenage angst, but because I was actually emotionally invested in his character, and cared about his potential development. I wanted to see him happy. My interest was literally held by the promise of character development. Having his attitude remain static (which ended up happening at the end of the first season), is the most disappointing thing possible. Yes, even more disappointing than the fact that the romance went nowhere as well. Maybe that's just me though...

Anyway, I have very high expectations for this.

Who is in 8man's harem?

Tell me that.

Also, by anime logic, 8man and the main girl will likely end up hating everyone together.
Apr 15, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
Red_Keys said:
I hope the show will actually go somewhere now. The first season was entertaining, it was one of the more enjoyable shows with harem elements, but it just didn't go anywhere.

Am I the only one who wanted Hachiman to change? I mean, I liked him, but everybody seems to like him for his emo/depressed/I hate the world/the world hates me attitude. Which is understandable, and relatable (especially to a bunch of anime nerds). But, he wasn't exactly happy. In fact, he was quite miserable. I like his character because he feels real and very sympathetic, not because of his (at times glorified) depression. I want him to eventually drop the immature angsty begrudging outlook on life, and actually grow and develop as a person.

The show was set up to do that, having him make friends, become more involved, etc. But it seems like the fanbase wants none of it. I remember somebody on here in one of the episode discussions saying something like "if he changes, he won't be interesting as a character any more". Which I found puzzling, because I find him interesting not because of generic teenage angst, but because I was actually emotionally invested in his character, and cared about his potential development. I wanted to see him happy. My interest was literally held by the promise of character development. Having his attitude remain static (which ended up happening at the end of the first season), is the most disappointing thing possible. Yes, even more disappointing than the fact that the romance went nowhere as well. Maybe that's just me though...

Well, you answered it for yourself.
It is about appealing to the consumer here and the consumer doesn't want good character development - he wants his own lifestyle to be glorified and praised.
This attitude was what made me drop the show early on and I am glad you confirm my suspicions.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 15, 2014 9:41 AM

Feb 2012
This really is fantastic news!
Apr 15, 2014 9:43 AM

May 2013
GarLogan78 said:
Also, is there enough LN material for a new season already?

*I didn't check if someone already answered this.

Not really... Well, it depends.

IIRC, 6 volumes were used for season 1. There are currently 9 volumes released, which might mean a few things.

1) The show will be slow paced
2) It won't air for a long while
3) It might have a original ending/content

Those are only my guesses, though.

I think the majority would detest the 3rd one.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHHHHHIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
WHAT THIS GUY SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID

The only thing that felt was missing from the first series was more development, and now a second season is here.

fukyus

Red_Keys said:

Pretty much everything this guy said too^

Despite the fact that I love Hachiman's attitude, because he's the unique character he is, I wanna see the development of Hachiman, not Hachiman staying same old miserable Hachiman for all eternity.

Of course I don't want him full on goody-goody either. I want Hachiman being a different Hachiman, not a different person altogether.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

Jan 2014
...oh my God. Today must be my birthday or something. I shouldn't be greedy, having second season is already awesome enough for me, but I can't help hoping they would animate it with a better pace and art/animation than the first season.

Jan 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Red_Keys said:

Well, you answered it for yourself.
It is about appealing to the consumer here and the consumer doesn't want good character development - he wants his own lifestyle to be glorified and praised.
This attitude was what made me drop the show early on and I am glad you confirm my suspicions.

It isn't very often that I agree with you, but this is a fantastic post.
Apr 15, 2014 9:44 AM
Oct 2012
Ok how much will they be able to adapt anyways? There's only like three novels they can really adapt... which isn't enough unless they take it really slowly
Apr 15, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
The new season might follow the VN.
Apr 15, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2008
amehmood16 said:
Ok how much will they be able to adapt anyways? There's only like three novels they can really adapt... which isn't enough unless they take it really slowly
they will probably use part of the first 6 vol that weren't used + the 3 new and perhaps even the 10th one if it goes on sale before they begin the production (I'm sure it won't thought)
Apr 15, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2013
More Yukino, Yuigahama and Hachiman? Fuck Yes! c:
Apr 15, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
There's a full VN on PSP for the game.

It's likely that the VN story is fairly close to the main story.
Apr 15, 2014 9:51 AM
Oct 2013
AAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! OH YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! Hikigaya Hachiman rules!!!! So happy to know this... For sure i'm happy... i can't wait... Oregairu <3
Apr 15, 2014 9:52 AM
Mar 2010
Less Yuigahama, more Yukinoshita, more Hachiman and EVEN MORE SAIKA! <3333

But yeah, have less Yuigahama and I'll love the second season. Yeah, she was the most popular but I don't like her.

*prepares for people with pitchforks*
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 15, 2014 9:53 AM
Jul 2009
Loved this anime glad there will be a new season.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Apr 15, 2014 9:53 AM
Oct 2012
Well this is great news, but still waiting on mah Index..... Why the fuck is it taking so looooong
Apr 15, 2014 9:54 AM
Feb 2013
I hope there will be some sort of romance develop among the three.
Apr 15, 2014 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
this is the proof that good things happen
Apr 15, 2014 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:

But a dissection of that lifestyle instead of straight up glorifying it could also be considered great for that target audience as well.

Like, the guy Hachiman is was totally me during parts of High school, but I totally want to see what Hachiman ends up being as well. I absolutely adore Hachiman's character, but being that same character for ever and ever just sounds like such a bad idea.

I mean, I don't want to see him be a goody goody either, just changed for the better somewhat.

EDIT spelling
KorrvoApr 15, 2014 10:28 AM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 15, 2014 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:

If only those endings were in the novel. The VN is really fun.
Apr 15, 2014 10:00 AM

Dec 2012
Watch out world, Hachiman is coming back! :>
Apr 15, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2011
Korrvo said:
SolviteSekai said:

But a dissection of that lifestyle instead of straight up glorifying it could also be considered great for that target audience as well.

Like, the guy Hachiman is was totally me during parts of High school, but I totally what to see what Hachiman ends up being as well. I absolutely adore Hachiman's character, but being that same character for ever and ever just sounds like such a bad idea.

I mean, I don't want to see him be a goody goody either, just changed for the better somewhat.

Yeah I definitely agree. I relate to Hachiman in that I am anti-social myself, but I don't exactly want to be like this forever, I want to improve in the future. Like that I want Hachiman to eventually develop from being an anti-social person to someone who's actually confident to be at least a little outgoing. I wouldn't say he didn't go through any development at all in season one, just very minimal. I'd like to see some more.
Apr 15, 2014 10:02 AM

Apr 2009
Back when it was airing I watched first episode and dropped, thought it was bad. I'm glad that I gave it second try and just completed it.

Looking forward to the second season.
Apr 15, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2008
hpulley said:
SolviteSekai said:

I think it's watari sensei himself that created the story for the game right?
I never play cause I don't have a vista but now I want to try...
Apr 15, 2014 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
hpulley said:
SolviteSekai said:

Yes he did so it is great stuff. Original seiyuu cast. Yanaginagi OP.
Apr 15, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2009
Heck yes. I liked all the characters.
Apr 15, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2010
Not impressed at all about this. Had mixed feelings about the first season, I think it was overrated, but however I hope this one's better.

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Apr 15, 2014 10:06 AM

Aug 2010
Yessssss! Loved the first season, cannot wait for this to air!
Apr 15, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2009
Hurray! I liked first season quite a lot, so I'm definitely waiting for 2nd. I was not expecting it, though. ^^
Apr 15, 2014 10:12 AM
Jan 2013
Hope it will be more better than the first season.
Apr 15, 2014 10:13 AM

Jul 2013
Oh my God.Too long I've been waiting to hear this news.I'm very happy.I'm so excited and I do not stand in my place.
Apr 15, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2012
Finally this is great news :)
Apr 15, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2010
.............yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Apr 15, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
hpulley said:
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
hpulley said:
SolviteSekai said:

Yes he did so it is great stuff. Original seiyuu cast. Yanaginagi OP.

Awww now I really have to play...Can't someone lend me his Vita please?!
Shakkin-shitsujiApr 15, 2014 10:24 AM
Apr 15, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
Very nice, I enjoyed it.
Hopefully it gets less edgy as it progresses.

And it seems that Brains Base can count to 2.
Apr 15, 2014 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
Excellent! Looking forward to it...
Apr 15, 2014 10:24 AM

Aug 2013
BANZAIIIII~~~~ ^____^ I have been waiting for this to happen <3 <3 ;'''3 YAY , Can't wait for the confirmation when It'll air <3 <3
Seriously made my day ^-^

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Apr 15, 2014 10:25 AM
Apr 2014
Yeah! I dont waiting !!! :D
Apr 15, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
YES! YES! YES!
Apr 15, 2014 10:40 AM

Oct 2013
Wasn't it implied on their recent OVA?

If you watch the OVA carefully, by the end of the episode they gave you some hints like
"to becontinue... ???"

Anyway..
Oreki > Hachiman
Hyouka 10 > Oregairu 8.5

I hope it was Hyouka who got a sequel
:(
Toaki90Apr 15, 2014 10:45 AM
"Burn the heretics"
Apr 15, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
YES. He better have some good development w/ the tsundere.
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Apr 15, 2014 10:45 AM

Oct 2012
finally high school batman is back
Apr 15, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
Red_Keys said:

I actually got the most satisfaction when Hachiman's skewed perspectives were proved right. I want to see him grow and make friends and end up with one of the girls, but without abandoning his world view. I would rather see him compromise then change the way he sees things altogether.

Also, I don't think MAL should be referred to as the "fanbase" of any anime. It is just a forum of mostly Western fans who don't actually contribute anything to the franchises monetarily. What "MAL fans" want has no effect on the product.
Apr 15, 2014 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
The 1st season adapted 6 LNs out of 7. LN 9 is going to be released this month.That means we get around 3 LN and a few side stories to adapt.If we get 12 episodes this season then I expect it to be well adapted,since the first season was rushed.
Apr 15, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2011
Oh~ I had this weird feeling it would get a second season and it actually got one o-ob
Apr 15, 2014 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Toaki90 said:
Wasn't it implied on their recent OVA?

If you watch the OVA carefully, by the end of the episode they gave you some hints like
"to becontinue... ???"

Anyway..
Oreki > Hachiman
Hyouka 10 > Oregairu 8.5

I hope it was Hyouka who got a sequel
:(

No you won't get it anytime soon since the author stopped writing the series years ago,though he promised to restart it.
Apr 15, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
Fuck yeah! I was really hoping for this.
Apr 15, 2014 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
Oh yes :D this is a very great series :D
Apr 15, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
I almost forgot about this anime,but cant wait i liked it.
Apr 15, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2010
News!! Can't wait see the characters back into action.
The wait though is somewhat... but still quite happy about learning this!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Production Staff for 'Utagoe wa Mille-Feuille' Announced

Vindstot - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon' 2nd Season Reveals New Cast, Staff for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

10 by RobertBobert »»
18 minutes ago

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Sep 21

20 by MichaelJackson »»
Yesterday, 4:46 PM

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Sep 21

8 by UberBat »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Season 2 Announced for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

4 by Sleabedybarb »»
Yesterday, 1:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.