Forum Settings
Forums

The "Help Identifying This Anime/Character" Thread (v4)

New
Jul 11, 2013 1:40 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
This thread is for identifying anime and anime characters. Post pictures or describe what you remember from vague memories; try to describe as much as possible so people can help you identify it.

As with the last thread, please only post to help. This is not a game, and spam posts will not be appreciated.

If you want to have manga or manga characters identified, please post here.

These image search engines can help you find the source of your image:
Google (click the camera symbol to paste/upload images)
IQDB
SauceNAO
Doujinshi Search

Old threads:
Version 1
Version 2
Version 3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2013 1:53 PM

Nov 2010
First

I want this identified, please and thank you.
Jul 11, 2013 1:56 PM
Jan 2013
I'm looking for space sic-fi anime made before 2006. Main character is male and I think he is the pilot of a legendary/rare spaceship. These unique spaceship play a big part in the anime just like knightmares in code geass.

Scenes I remember:

-Glacial environment, the main char lay all his weaponry on to ice and then carefully using each weapon to take these flying drones out one by one. Also i'm not too sure but I think light sabers were in it.

-Inside of a refugee spaceship and I think people played basketball in it.

-Main char sitting at a restaurant and some guy show up, giving the impression that he is an enemy but turns out he was actually an old friend. The restaurant was beside a beach (I think). Also a jetski (part of a transition scene) pops in my head when I think about this scene.

Anyone know something like that? I know it's not much to go on but your guess is probably better than mine.
Jul 11, 2013 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
Bigwolf said:

This please and thank you
Jul 11, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
First

It's under the tublr tags for monochrome but someone will probably need to confirm
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/monochrome%20anime

Just a possibility but it may be a manga.
Jul 11, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
Bigwolf said:
Bigwolf said:

In the last version someone said it was Lala from To LOVE-Ru
Jul 11, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
HeavenlyUser said:
Bigwolf said:
Bigwolf said:

In the last version someone said it was Lala from To LOVE-Ru

and then i replied and said they looked similar but its not lala, this one doesnt have a tail and has a different eye color
Jul 11, 2013 4:06 PM

Oct 2011
lMICl said:
I'm looking for space sic-fi anime made before 2006. Main character is male and I think he is the pilot of a legendary/rare spaceship. These unique spaceship play a big part in the anime just like knightmares in code geass.

Scenes I remember:

-Glacial environment, the main char lay all his weaponry on to ice and then carefully using each weapon to take these flying drones out one by one. Also i'm not too sure but I think light sabers were in it.

-Inside of a refugee spaceship and I think people played basketball in it.

-Main char sitting at a restaurant and some guy show up, giving the impression that he is an enemy but turns out he was actually an old friend. The restaurant was beside a beach (I think). Also a jetski (part of a transition scene) pops in my head when I think about this scene.

Anyone know something like that? I know it's not much to go on but your guess is probably better than mine.

Lost Universe ?
Jul 11, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2010
I'm trying to remember this one movie. It was pretty old, like somewhere between 1950s-1970s old I believe, and I remember it being mentioned in topics about "deceptively childish anime."

Something about a cute little lamb going through some sort of death drama (aka Bambi), which results in the movie going way off the deep end and apparently causing PTSD in kids or something.
Jul 11, 2013 4:57 PM

Mar 2012
Shocked said:
I'm trying to remember this one movie. It was pretty old, like somewhere between 1950s-1970s old I believe, and I remember it being mentioned in topics about "deceptively childish anime."

Something about a cute little lamb going through some sort of death drama (aka Bambi), which results in the movie going way off the deep end and apparently causing PTSD in kids or something.

I have no idea what it is, but it sounds like something I need to see.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jul 11, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2010
Negative-Travis said:
Shocked said:

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe the lamb starts looking for revenge after the death thing and stuff happens. I've seen the page for it on MAL somewhere, and the picture literally has a Bambi-like lamb on the front all smiling and prancing around. I remember that and bits of the description I've seen in topics, but I just can't remember the name of it.
Jul 11, 2013 5:15 PM

Dec 2012
Shocked said:
Negative-Travis said:
Shocked said:

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe the lamb starts looking for revenge after the death thing and stuff happens. I've seen the page for it on MAL somewhere, and the picture literally has a Bambi-like lamb on the front all smiling and prancing around. I remember that and bits of the description I've seen in topics, but I just can't remember the name of it.

Almost positive you're thinking of Ringing Bell. I've heard of it too.
Jul 11, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2010
warriorsftw said:
Shocked said:
Negative-Travis said:
Shocked said:

Almost positive you're thinking of Ringing Bell. I've heard of it too.

"A little lamb's life is turned upside down by the wolf that killed his mother. He seeks to avenge his mother, but in order to defeat the wolf, he must become one. "

There we go, that's it. It was from 1978, huh, well I was almost right. Still, thanks, it's been bugging me for the past few days. Now to try and find it and scar myself for life or something.
Jul 11, 2013 11:34 PM
Jul 2013
ok here it goes i have vage memory of which one i wanted to watch it was on xfinity on demand and there gone now and i forgot which was whice but need the names of them so
#1 this one was about a gate to heaven fell to earth and destoryed stuff when it fell well the heaven gate dissappered and the hell gate stayed and there are demons that kill ppl and have a price to pay for that power one has to eat cigs and throw it up etc.

#2 this one it a dude first episode he says i like peace and quite life.. theres this orb in the sky and he gos to see it and all his friends cant make it and an angel falls from the sky and he saves her and now he is chained to her. she can grant him wishes with cards. etc.

there was one more and can remember it now lol any help would be awesome if you watch anima on demand it was on the about 3 - 6 months ago
thankyou!!!
Jul 11, 2013 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
medievalx said:
ok here it goes i have vage memory of which one i wanted to watch it was on xfinity on demand and there gone now and i forgot which was whice but need the names of them so
#1 this one was about a gate to heaven fell to earth and destoryed stuff when it fell well the heaven gate dissappered and the hell gate stayed and there are demons that kill ppl and have a price to pay for that power one has to eat cigs and throw it up etc.

#2 this one it a dude first episode he says i like peace and quite life.. theres this orb in the sky and he gos to see it and all his friends cant make it and an angel falls from the sky and he saves her and now he is chained to her. she can grant him wishes with cards. etc.

there was one more and can remember it now lol any help would be awesome if you watch anima on demand it was on the about 3 - 6 months ago
thankyou!!!

#1=a really weird description of Darker than Black.
#2=This Ugly Yet Beautiful World I think.
Jul 11, 2013 11:46 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah, the first one has a strange description, but seems like Darker than Black.
The second one could be Sora no Otoshimono.
Jul 12, 2013 12:02 AM
Jul 2013
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1069794_476605929100224_558559032_n.png

It's a little off topic but still kinda relevant. What's the bottom right anime from? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember.
Jul 12, 2013 12:26 AM

Dec 2012
iiBurner1 said:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1069794_476605929100224_558559032_n.png

It's a little off topic but still kinda relevant. What's the bottom right anime from? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember.

The insignia of HOMRA (the Red Clan) in K-project.
Jul 12, 2013 12:27 AM
Jul 2013
Thanks a bunch!
Jul 12, 2013 3:22 AM

Apr 2013
Silentdaydream said:
Bigwolf said:

Megurine Luka
pictures wallpaper source: http://anime.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/447689/

Thank you :D
Jul 12, 2013 3:33 AM

Sep 2010
NSFW
title please

Jul 12, 2013 3:50 AM

May 2013
sfaddic182 said:
NSFW
title please

The blue haired girl is from a hentai called Rinkan Club, she's in episode 2...

The brown haired girl i have no idea
Jul 12, 2013 4:09 AM

Jun 2011

her name? and from which anime? thank in advance.
Jul 12, 2013 4:13 AM

Jun 2012
I think it's from a VN .. Anyone knows?

Jul 12, 2013 4:13 AM
Apr 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:

Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Jul 12, 2013 4:14 AM

May 2009
OnePieceQ8 said:

Oda Nobuna http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ambition_of_Oda_Nobuna
Jul 12, 2013 4:28 AM

Oct 2012
Karyso said:

Gun x Sword
Jul 12, 2013 4:45 AM

Apr 2009
natssuu said:
Karyso said:

Gun x Sword

According to the tags in e-shuushuu, sankaku, etc it should be from Shuumatsu Shoujo Gensou Alicematic. saucenao points it specifically to it's side story/omake from Caramel Box though Yarukibako 2 - Episode V: ~Yarukineko no Gyakushuu~.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 12, 2013 4:53 AM

Oct 2012
tofei said:
natssuu said:
Karyso said:

Gun x Sword

According to the tags in e-shuushuu, sankaku, etc it should be from Shuumatsu Shoujo Gensou Alicematic. saucenao points it specifically to it's side story/omake from Caramel Box though Yarukibako 2 - Episode V: ~Yarukineko no Gyakushuu~.

This is my source:

In the comments it's said that the anime is Gun x Sword but I dunno
Jul 12, 2013 4:56 AM
Apr 2013
natssuu said:
tofei said:
natssuu said:
Karyso said:

Gun x Sword

This is my source:

I watched Gun X Sword quite a while ago and i am pretty sure its not Gun X Sword if my memory serves me correctly.
Jul 12, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
natssuu said:
Karyso said:

Gun x Sword

Dam, that picture reminded me of Hidan no Aria o.0
Jul 12, 2013 5:38 AM

Oct 2008
worldeditor11 said:
natssuu said:
tofei said:
natssuu said:
Karyso said:

Gun x Sword

This is my source:

I watched Gun X Sword quite a while ago and i am pretty sure its not Gun X Sword if my memory serves me correctly.

I' m also pretty sure the picture is not from Gun X Sword
Noir42Jul 12, 2013 8:29 AM
Jul 12, 2013 6:07 AM

May 2010
Yven said:

It's from the visual novel, Rewrite <3
Jul 12, 2013 6:23 AM

Jun 2012
tofei said:

It seems that's it, thanks.
Jul 12, 2013 10:12 AM
Jul 2013
I just saw this on tumblr but i am unable to find the name of this anime.Can anyone tell me the name of the anime?

thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaJul 12, 2013 10:31 AM
Jul 12, 2013 10:19 AM

Mar 2012
Brother's Conflict. Currently airing.

Mod Edit: Please do not address or try to correct rule violations yourself but report them.
LunaJul 12, 2013 10:32 AM
Jul 12, 2013 10:20 AM
Jul 2013
Thanks for telling me.
LunaJul 12, 2013 10:32 AM
Jul 12, 2013 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
Thank you.
Jul 12, 2013 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
^
1: OniAi
2: Renai Lab
3: Blood Lad
4: Special A
Han-yuuJul 12, 2013 10:32 AM
Jul 12, 2013 10:29 AM

Dec 2012
cutesu said:
Thank you.
second one is love lab and third one is blood lad.
Jul 12, 2013 10:43 AM
Jun 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
First

I believe it is from 'tonari no kaibutsu-kun' and the person is Natsume Asako it is not one of the main characters.

there is an anime and manga, and the photo is from the manga.

I hope it helps, and it is a bit into the series the photo appears.
Jul 12, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
teddygamer said:
sfaddic182 said:
NSFW
title please

The blue haired girl is from a hentai called Rinkan Club, she's in episode 2...

The brown haired girl i have no idea

The brown/red haired girl is Makoto Ashirai from Chocotto Sister.
Jul 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2010
Artemis-Chiyuka said:
IntroverTurtle said:
First

I believe it is from 'tonari no kaibutsu-kun' and the person is Natsume Asako it is not one of the main characters.

there is an anime and manga, and the photo is from the manga.

I hope it helps, and it is a bit into the series the photo appears.
Ok thank you.
Jul 12, 2013 2:05 PM

Aug 2012
Any ideas?
Jul 12, 2013 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
MellowJello said:
Any ideas?

The girl is from http://myanimelist.net/anime/169/Shingetsutan_Tsukihime
That never happened in the anime, probably a screenshot form the vn
Jul 12, 2013 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
MellowJello said:
Any ideas?

The uniform matches this girl. Lood luck in finding "3".
Jul 12, 2013 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
zellami said:
MellowJello said:
Any ideas?

The uniform matches this girl. Lood luck in finding "3".

Ohh damn she looks a lot like who I thought it was
No idea now lol
Jul 12, 2013 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
vulpixls said:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/1df9bfa4f45ea980ee669f7a20def799/tumblr_mp23oaP69k1qjcfvio1_500.png

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Jul 12, 2013 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
I'm looking for a historical anime,though I don't really remember much,I remember it being about a woman who goes around saving people (she has a specific number of people she wants to save) to make up for something she did in the past (I think it was killing the same number of people before,but I'm not very sure about this) and a little boy who is rich (and from an important family,I think?) but joins her on her travels (I think she saved him as well).The only scene I remember in the anime (I haven't completed it) is the female character explaining to the boy that the pain he feels in his stomach is hunger (since he never felt it before).
not very clear,but those are the only things I remember :/
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

19 by Sorachin »»
3 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 6 hours ago

16 by redorzo »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

91 by AxiaG »»
5 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

36 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by AxiaG »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.