Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2012
The ending was everything I wanted it to be, wonderful.

Great series!!!
Mar 23, 2014 2:21 PM
Nov 2013
One of the best anime this season, but one season isn't enough for me I want more
Mar 23, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2013
Finally this mediocre series has ended. Such a pain to watch this every week.. I had hoped things would get better but nay I should've known it was futile. If it wasn't for Aki Toyosaki & Kofuku I'd have dropped this a long time ago.

Generic story, stupid concept, even dumber characters that's as sensible as the Coppelion girls. The first episode was the only one I could truly enjoy. After that I can't count how many times I want to grab Yato or Yukine (sometimes even Hiyori) and slap them until their brain starts functioning. 4/10.
Mar 23, 2014 2:25 PM

May 2013
Man, I really liked this show for no logical reason. Such a good blend of comedy and action. That last sword fight was awesome (good job Bones). I could kinda tell it was anime-only due to these episodes being lower in quality story-wise IMO. I still enjoyed it nonetheless. The only complaint I have is taking too many episodes for Yukine's problem to be solved but I liked the way his character turned out. It really showed in episode 11 when he called Yato his master. I wish there was an OVA showing Yato's past and what he did in detail. Hope there's a second season. Hard to decide between 8 and 9 but 8 for now. Might read the manga after this.
CodeZwei said:
I didn't like how Hiyori gained her memories by smelling him. WTF?
Seems pretty logical. Throughout the series she always made a big deal about his smell and I'm guessing that sense was enhanced due to being in a phantom form.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Mar 23, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2013
Hands downs best anime of winter 2014.
7/10
Mar 23, 2014 2:31 PM
Mar 2014
Awesome episode hope there's a season 2
Mar 23, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
- I want to stay with you!
- I'll hear your wish for 5 yen!

....and that's how Yato became a gigolo

Even though the synopsis for this anime seemed generic at first, I found the execution to be quite good. I will continue reading the manga for the time being and let's hope for a second season, since many people liked it
Mar 23, 2014 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
I really loved this episode, everything about it was amazing. The feelings between Yato and Hiyori, the battle between Yato and Rabo.

Im so happy that Hiyori got her memories back too, i was a bit worried when they shattered her memories.

I hope for a season 2. 8/10
My Candies:
Mar 23, 2014 2:38 PM
Oct 2012
Hurricaney said:
Was a good show with alright ending, surprisingly I didn't feel anything at the end tho.

That was pretty much my opinion as well. Since so many people here liked it, I will spoil my bitching:

Mar 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Dec 2012
Really enjoyable series, probably my favorite from this winter. A great blend of hilarity, emotional moments, and action. That last battle gave me Sword of the Stranger vibes at some parts. I like how it was able to bring its own take to a premise that has been done into the ground (Japanese gods, shrines, etc). This series taps into both sides of human nature and presents them to a greater extent than several are willing to.

Although my only complaint was the Hiyori memory loss story felt a bit lazy and cliche'd to the point where it wasn't even trying to hide the fact.

Overall an 8/10, I welcome a second season with open arms. Maybe if I toss a 5 yen coin at the screen...
Mar 23, 2014 2:52 PM
Mar 2013
bigzzcobzz said:
This anime's title give me the idea that everything is focused around Nora.
If you read the title you will see - "Nora" "Gami" - Nora meaning that shinki girl, and Gami meaning God - it gives me the idea that Nora is also a god. I don't know what to think now.

nah, Nora means "Stray" in Japanese while Gami (in kanji, kami) means god. So it's basically Stray God, aka, Yato
Mar 23, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2011
Good anime, not great but good. 8/10 + an addition 0.5 for very good graphics. Started pretty boring but overall it was enjoyable.
Mar 23, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Overall an 8/10, I welcome a second season with open arms. Maybe if I toss a 5 yen coin at the screen...

Hahaha I'll toss a coin too! I want a second season!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 23, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2012
Nice final episode :D
Will miss this show so much , loved the characters :'(

09/10 - I don't expect a second season with this filler ending =/
Mar 23, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Well for a 12 episode adaptation it was fairly nice. It respects the manga in some ways and packs some uniqueness to it that makes it appealing to read the manga. Namely the issue with Bishamon and Nora's goals and how she will meet her "father"?

That surely is engaging. Rabo was a good boss to face. Nothing too big of a focus but definitely a good character to wrap the anime and give us also some background on Yato himself.

I liked his inclusion into the anime, because yeah, he managed to sell in his own way, and prove a respectable boss.

I rate this 8.5/10.
Mar 23, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
Ending episode was fantastic. This whole series was excellent, and I haven't read the manga but I think it was done very well. The anime original content turned out to be pretty well done, I loved it. The Yato and Hiyori moments in the last 10 minutes were great, and Yato's serious power was pretty amazing. 10/10 for me.
Mar 23, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
That was pretty much my opinion as well. Since so many people here liked it, I will spoil my bitching:

Exactly my thoughts as well. Couldn't find much to criticize it about (since I wanted a decent reason for my score), except the fact that I didn't care much and the fact that it was forgettable.
Mar 23, 2014 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
Ends the best anime of the season
great fight scenes in the last episode
a little romance that I found unnecessary, since it did not have the rest of the anime
openings made ​​possible for the second season
arcs with Nora, Yukine and Bishamon can still be exploited
OST was wonderful, I listen whenever read the manga
the episode a bit predictable, but not ceased to be exciting
and the final scene was really cool with Yato requesting 5 yen to Hiyori to suit your desire
with certainty I accompany the manga
_________

Termina o melhor anime da temporada
ótimas cenas de luta no ultimo episodio
um pouco de romance que achei desnecessario, ja que não teve no restante do anime
deixou aberturas para uma possivel segunda temporada
arcos com Nora, Yukine e Bishamon ainda podem ser explorados
a OST foi maravilhosa, escutarei sempre que for ler o mangá
um pouco previsivel o episodio, mas nao deixou de ser emocionante
e a cena final foi muito legal, com Yato pedindo 5 yens a Hiyori para atender seu desejo
com certeza acompanharei o mangá
Mar 23, 2014 3:28 PM
Oct 2013
9/10 , and this show definitly need season 2...
The story , animation , character relationship . I love it

I hope nora last word " i should tell father" is a clue to season 2

I love the part when hiyori say " i want to be with u forever" , its more romantic than in the manga
( in the manga she just say "i want to be with u more , i want to know u more" )
Mar 23, 2014 3:32 PM

May 2013
Welp now that its over I can say that Noragami was pretty good. I really enjoyed my time with it. Wonder if we'll ever get a second season.
Mar 23, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
Woow~! What a great ending! Although, it felt a bit rushed, the producers did well to fit the whole story nicely in the short amount of time they had; I wish they would have been able to receive a second season, I mean, it's so popular too!

Anyways, wonderful, one of the best anime I've seen in a long while <3 c:
Mar 23, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
Good stuff,one of my two favorite animes of the season. It wouldn't call it exceptional but Noragami just had that BONES consistency written all over it,which is hard not to like.

8/10,looking forward to a 2nd season!
Mar 23, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
So there will be a season 2
Mar 23, 2014 3:39 PM
Dec 2013
This episode was not op par with what the last 5 had set up, for an ending it was really ambiguous, I hope we get more of this!
Mar 23, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
Wow , these fights animations are just epic. Awesome anime from the beginning 'til this great ending.

Maybe we can pray for a season 2 , since the last 2 episodes were exclusive to the anime and don't exist in the manga. And a lot of things still unknown (nora ?_?)

In season 2 , we trust.
Mar 23, 2014 3:52 PM

Oct 2013
Drakewinm said:
So there will be a season 2

I guess there's a very good chance of that since they went through the trouble of making the last few episodes anime original and not just fillers either.

IMO,this ending still provided a decent closure but there definitely seems to be enough to do in a 2nd season with Bishamon and Nora.
Mar 23, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
Very nice episode, nice anime series. But I think Bisyamon arc is more better and hope the season 2. If no second season, this anime would be only to remind me that the ancient name of Japan is "Toyoashiharanonakatsukuni".

axlorg8 said:
bigzzcobzz said:
This anime's title give me the idea that everything is focused around Nora.
If you read the title you will see - "Nora" "Gami" - Nora meaning that shinki girl, and Gami meaning God - it gives me the idea that Nora is also a god. I don't know what to think now.

nah, Nora means "Stray" in Japanese while Gami (in kanji, kami) means god. So it's basically Stray God, aka, Yato

"Nora" means "stray" or "have no master" or "have no specific master".

The "Noragami" title shows Yato that wanders the city because he does not have a shrine to be worshiped. And the girl "Nora" is indicated that she has no particular master. "Nora" is not proper name in Japanese and Rabou called her real name of shinki.
Mar 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
Yato's Blush, Hiyori "i wanna be with u forever" line,Nora's Father... I demand a second season >.<
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 23, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2012
That was a stiff fight, but what can you expect from an anime original anyway?

Great adaptation. They changed some sequence of events but that's alright.
8/10. Needs season 2. The arc after this really heated things up. Come on Bones, there's enough material for another cour.
Mar 23, 2014 4:05 PM

Apr 2012
Good end to a great series. Happy that it all worked out in the end. Dat Yato blush though.

Really really crossing my fingers for another season.
Mar 23, 2014 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
Dammit, that Yato's blush made me fangirl a little bit. Amazing episode, I'm gonna miss this, Yukine and my beloved Hiyori. 9/10

Mar 23, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
Great anime and damn I'm praying for a 2nd season as soon as there is more manga matrial, I'll throw 5 yen coins everywhere if needed!
Mar 23, 2014 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
wow amazing ending
Hiyori getting her memories back was slightly predictable but good
the sword fighting as sweet
this series prolly had my favorites song op and ed (besides Nisekoi)
such a beautiful ending T-T
i want a season 2 D: shows like this can go on forever thou XD
[/quote]
Mar 23, 2014 4:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Hurricaney said:
Was a good show with alright ending, surprisingly I didn't feel anything at the end tho.

I didn't feel too much for this last arc either, it felt very lackluster, but most of my opinion stems from having read the manga. Good to know that someone who hasn't read the manga feels the same. I don't agree with cutting down Yukine's story though, or as I would call it, the first arc. It goes hand in hand with the second arc (Bishamon's) which should've came right after instead of this anime original content. To me, Noragami the anime just doesn't feel complete without having finished Bishamon's arc, but I guess it would just lead to an awkward episode numbering since the second arc didn't take too many chapters to allow the anime to be two cour. Well that's my complaint anyways. It's great though that many people still enjoyed it.
Mar 23, 2014 4:57 PM
Feb 2011
tingy said:

I didn't feel too much for this last arc either, it felt very lackluster, but most of my opinion stems from having read the manga. Good to know that someone who hasn't read the manga feels the same. I don't agree with cutting down Yukine's story though, or as I would call it, the first arc. It goes hand in hand with the second arc (Bishamon's) which should've came right after instead of this anime original content. To me, Noragami the anime just doesn't feel complete without having finished Bishamon's arc, but I guess it would just lead to an awkward episode numbering since the second arc didn't take too many chapters to allow the anime to be two cour. Well that's my complaint anyways. It's great though that many people still enjoyed it.

The reason why the Bishamon arc was cut from this season is because the director has expressed that the arc would not fit into a 1-cour anime; not wanting to cut anything out, Bishamon's arc would be around 10 episodes. Noragami is something that he wants to stay as close to the source material as possible. As we have seen from the show, the anime adaptation has been faithful for the most part aside from some minor details and Rabo (who was designed by Adachitoka themselves).

With that being said, there are talks about a season 2, but nothing is confirmed yet.
Mar 23, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Hurricaney said:

Strangely, I completely agree. I think this series hasn't done anything that I particularly disliked. And it's fairly well-rounded: decent soundtrack, decent art, decent characterization, decent conceptualization, etc. But I feel quite meh about keeping this series in my hard drive, far more so than the other series I've treasured and liked. If anything, I think the only reason I wouldn't wipe it is because I still have some disk space, not because I'd go re-watch it at any point.

And honestly, this season's had much more memorable series. Even Witch Craft Works has left a stronger impression on me than Noragami. Not that this was a bad series. It's fantastic and I think it's easily 8/10. But it's also just the most average-feeling series I've watched so far.
Mar 23, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Best anime of the Winter Season. Yato was so bad ass in this episode against Rabo.
Rabo absorbing all those Ayakashi and seeing his eye looked like Ichigo going Hollow.
Hiyori getting her memories back was great.
Gonna miss this show and would love to see a second season.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 23, 2014 5:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
rawrx3itslynn said:

The reason why the Bishamon arc was cut from this season is because the director has expressed that the arc would not fit into a 1-cour anime; not wanting to cut anything out, Bishamon's arc would be around 10 episodes. Noragami is something that he wants to stay as close to the source material as possible. As we have seen from the show, the anime adaptation has been faithful for the most part aside from some minor details and Rabo (who was designed by Adachitoka themselves).

With that being said, there are talks about a season 2, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Yes I am aware that's what they wanted to do, 1 cour. I just wanted to express why I didn't think the anime was as good as it could've been, which is that if they weren't under episode number constraint, finishing Bishamon's arc would be best. Even if they were to make a 2nd season, it felt like to me, the anime original arc disrupted the flow of the story. I didn't hate the Rabo arc, but neither was it great. It didn't bring any unique to the overall anime :P I would still look forward to another season though because I enjoyed the second arc even more so than the first.
Mar 23, 2014 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Putting action aside this ending was ok nothing mind blowing but passable just couldn't get behind all Rabo's morals felt tact on which was what this arc was.

Overall 8/10 would had been even better if not for that Yukine arc

hoping for S2 by then i'll be already caught up
Mar 23, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2011
Dem feels. The bgm and scene with Hiyori regaining her memories and hugging Yato was perfectly done. Also the "i want to be with you forever" and Yato blushing moments.

Need a season 2 for more Hiyori x Yato moments.
Mar 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2011
jzmagic said:
Dem feels. The bgm and scene with Hiyori regaining her memories and hugging Yato was perfectly done. Also the "i want to be with you forever" and Yato blushing moments.

Need a season 2 for more Hiyori x Yato moments.

Didn't really like the last episode but I thought the ending was very sweet. This is one of the better winter anime that I've seen and I would watch another season 7/10

Mar 23, 2014 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
Really liked the final episode! I'd probably watch another season. 7/10 for me!
Mar 23, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
10/10 loved it all
Mar 23, 2014 6:26 PM

Sep 2013
That was awesome! Damn, gotta miss this anime >.<
Mar 23, 2014 6:29 PM
Feb 2012
rawrx3itslynn said:
tingy said:

Kinda figured that with how the end was left kinda open.
Mar 23, 2014 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
Hiyori and Yato moments...KYAAA!
One of the best animes in Winter 2014.

Season 2 please!
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 23, 2014 6:36 PM
Mar 2013
this series deserves 2nd season
Mar 23, 2014 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
I thought it was decent for having only 12 episodes to work with. I agree that the manga is much better but I still enjoyed watching this and seeing the characters come to life :)
Mar 23, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2013
I wish more shounen shows were like this. Good characters, funny, amazing OST, dark themes were well-handled and the whole thing was just fun to watch. It gets a high 8/10 for me.
Mar 23, 2014 7:13 PM

Nov 2011
Just goes to show that when something is done well, it doesn't have to be super original or groundbreaking. It was all in the execution and stayed fun and entertaining on all fronts.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Revealed 10th Anniversary Projects!

nirererin - Aug 10

10 by bck108 »»
Aug 11, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

235 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 10, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

302 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 8, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

210 by SecoAct »»
Jul 7, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

397 by Byakk0_360 »»
Jul 4, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.