Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
It loos like it's that time of the year again :D

Quite curious how come none created this thread sooner since the day of the v1 release chart.

Anyway...here it is!

http://i1.minus.com/iMcrE17XuJFyt.png (v1 anime chart)

http://i7.minus.com/iwBU0arPwNMWj.png (v2 anime chart)

http://i5.minus.com/i99rqnvyhKdAl.jpg (v3 anime chart)

There are a few that caught my attention, like:

- Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (a sexy ghost girl, treasure hunt, relics with mysterious powers? Sign me in)

- Gokukoku no Brynhildr (seems like it will be a decent romance anime so, sign me up once again. )

- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (seems like it will be a fun ride with this one)

- Mekaku City Actors ( FINALLY!!!! The only show of 2014 that I'm hyped. I have been waiting for this for quite some time...being one of the very very few manga I read I know it's gonna be epic. Epic on the scales of Clannad. SHAFT, I'm putting all my trust and hope in you that you will do a wonderful job adapting this. Or else some's gonna flip a table or 2 if you don't lol)

- Fairy Tail New Series (I don't really get what the "new" is for...if it's something like what happened to Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood then I'll pass. If it continues from where it ended last season I'm so gonna watch this as well <3 )

- Mahou Shoujo Taisen (so an original anime huhh? Will give it a shot)

- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (looks at synopsis...incest love...sign me up please! :D )

- Black Bullet (the synopsis is awfully similar to SnK but I'm still interested in this)

- Date Alive S2 (KURUMIIII <3 )

- Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara (lol, a guy seeing "flags" for the girls.... I sure wish I'd have the power to see "flags" as well :rolleyes: . Anyway...sign me up for this as well :D )

- No Game, No Life (interesting synopsis, gonna watch this as well)

- Akuma no Riddle (another interesting synopsis)

And that's it...this is the 1st time I had so many anime that got interested starting from v1. This spring is DA BESS <3
Shiro-Mar 29, 2014 3:48 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
EDIT: now the link goes there.

Given that I don't think I'll be repeating my experiment of trying to watch everything, I guess I had better start looking into this.

Pretty sure Yama no Susume was changed to summer.

Already on my list:
Date A Live II - Loved the first season and love this series. I seriously hope it's available here in the UK, as the first season did not make the transition from AoD to Animax. EDIT: with season 1 having been added earlier this month it is now almost certain to be on there. Great.
Love Live! Season 2 - The first season of this was an unexpected hit for me. I'll be looking to watch season 2 as well.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - on my long list of light novels that might be worth looking into before the anime announcement, which makes it a definite one to check out.
Isshuukan Friends - Looks like an absolute must watch.

Adding:
Hitsugi no Chaika - which is right? Hitsugi or Hitsugihime? The furigana read Hitsugi but is that next to the first kanji or both? Anyway, I already have the first couple of Light Novels, albeit that they're in storage and I haven't started reading them properly. Already a definite watch but I simply hadn't added it to my PTW yet.
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin - I didn't know this was getting a full anime adaptation.
Gokukoku no Brynhildr - Sounds interesting. Though I was honestly won over at the words "childhood friend"...

29th January addition:
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - read the first chapter of the manga and liked it enough to decide to buy it, but haven't actually done so yet. So will watch the anime adaptation first
Selector Infected WIXOSS - despite the ridiculous name, that synopsis sounds genuinely interesting...

9th February addition:
Seikoku no Dragonar

1st March addition:
Baby Steps - I don't often watch sports anime. Perhaps I am doing them a disservice in that respect. I'll give this one a try to see.
Mekaku City Actors - why did I pass over this one before? Looking over it definitely seems worth giving a try.
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - I can't remember why or when I put this on PTW. But I did, so I'm going to watch it.
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san - sounds... interesting. In more ways than one.
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? - I don't have much info on this but sounds like it could be enjoyable
No game, no life - light novel series already on my short list. I'll do the usual watch the anime to see whether or not to get the novels

29th March additions:
Akuma no Riddle - Still unsure on this one, but worth a try at least.
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara - every time I look at this one it seems more interesting. The LN isn't even on my long list but I'll give it a watch anyway.
Mahou Shoujo Taisen - no real info from beyond the title. Who knows whether this will be worth watching or not... Only one way to find out is to try.

There are a couple of others that I may yet give a chance if they are available in the UK. But otherwise that's the list.
kuuderes_shadowMar 29, 2014 1:32 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 19, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
EDIT: now the link goes there.

Yeah my bad. Did a lil mistake but corrected it ASAP.
Jan 19, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
I'm hyped for Mushishi and I'll definitely check out Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei....
We'll see about the rest.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 19, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
I just skimmed through it,It's still far away. I need to finish fall and start and finish winter season before that...
Jan 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
Only one titles, that I will check for sure:

- Mushishi: Zoku-Shou - it's a must watch for me, can't wait for it

The rest of the series seems just ugh...

I might watch some of the OVAs/Specials, but it will depend on the amount of free time I'll have in Spring.
-
Jan 19, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Shiro- said:
- Mekaku City Actors ( FINALLY!!!! The only show of 2014 that I'm hyped. I have been waiting for this for quite some time...being one of the very very few manga I read I know it's gonna be epic. Epic on the scales of Clannad. SHAFT, I'm putting all my trust and hope in you that you will do a wonderful job adapting this. Or else some's gonna flip a table or 2 if you don't lol)

YEEEESSSS, FINALLY
Jan 19, 2014 12:21 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:
Shiro- said:

YEEEESSSS, FINALLY

I KNOW
I AM TOO EXCITED
Jan 19, 2014 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
normally i see all the releases and then decide what i see, but definitely:

- sidonia no kishi
- jojo

http://anichart.net/spring
Jan 19, 2014 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
I'm going for Date A Live 2 and No Game No Life. I might get some more but I bet that'll happen if they started airing.

Jan 19, 2014 12:47 PM

Jun 2013
Tennouji_ said:
I'm going for Date A Live 2 and No Game No Life. I might get some more but I bet that'll happen if they started airing.
These 2 and Black Bullet are the most likely for me.

Jan 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2012
Woohoo Mahouka hype train. Mushishi debuting #1.
Jan 19, 2014 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
The new Detective Conan movie looks pretty good. Through it will take a while for it to be translated lol.
Jan 19, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
So much anime I've read the manga of @.@
Jan 19, 2014 2:05 PM

Jun 2012
Damn, didn't realize how hyped I am for Mushishi. Just seeing that cover picture is making me all giddy and tingly. Haven't thoroughly looked through it yet. But the Brain base title looks very interesting. Also the Bones title.
Jan 19, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2008
So many shows, so little time T _ T
Jan 19, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2010
Stardust Crusaders & Mushishi + small fry
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 19, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
that blue sky thing...reverse harem? hmmmmm
Jan 19, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
It's funny how nobody cares about Fairy Tail anymore. I kinda expected this thread to be full of fans.
Jan 19, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
I'm excited for Mekaku City Actors.
Jan 19, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
okay the ones i will keep my eye on are:

gokukoko no brynhildr - looks quite deep and 'what is the meaning of life' but could be wrong as it then goes into a school scenario

black bullet - has a really great plot or sounds like it anyway, definitely one i will be watching

hitsugihime no chaika -haven't watched much of bones stuff so partly that, and the plot of a girl with a coffin sounds bizzare so intersting to see where that goes

no game, no life - madhouse, decent sounding plot (although anime with 'gaming worlds' are really hitting off lately, or is it just me? anyway this is a definite watch

kamigami no asabi - haven't watched a reverse harem so would like to add that to the check list, the plot seems original enough so why not?!

there a few that I MIGHT
Jan 19, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2008
Will watch/attempt everything that isn't a sequel of something I haven't yet seen.
Jan 19, 2014 2:53 PM
Mar 2011
any of the Oringnal Productions most of the manga adations i wont touch till im full caught up with there manga
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 19, 2014 2:57 PM

Jun 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
It's funny how nobody cares about Fairy Tail anymore. I kinda expected this thread to be full of fans.

I hardly see any shounen fans on the forums and if there are any they are OP fans.
Jan 19, 2014 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
Riiken said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I hardly see any shounen fans on the forums and if there are any they are OP fans.

Well, I am pretty active on the forums (and I am looking forward to the FT continuation, it just pales compared to JoJo and Mushishi sequels) and the Fairy Tail related News posts always got a lot of attention too. Plus most shounen are still a lot more popular than anything else on MAL, despite the amount of vocal hate for the genre. I just figured there'd be some reaction in this thread, but apparently not.
Jan 19, 2014 3:04 PM
Mar 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Riiken said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Well, I am pretty active on the forums (and I am looking forward to the FT continuation, it just pales compared to JoJo and Mushishi sequels) and the Fairy Tail related News posts always got a lot of attention too. Plus most shounen are still a lot more popular than anything else on MAL, despite the amount of vocal hate for the genre. I just figured there'd be some reaction in this thread, but apparently not.

its not a Genre
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 19, 2014 3:07 PM

Feb 2010
NoSurrender1690 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Riiken said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

its not a Genre

I know, I know. I kinda use it to refer to whatever MAL tags as shounen though (and not everything from the shounen demographic is tagged as such) so people know what I'm talking about.
Jan 19, 2014 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Riiken said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Hmmm, maybe other parts of the forums but here in Anime discussion I hardly ever see any shoutouts to any shounen unless it's FMA, OP or sometimes HxH. Didn't even realize FT was split into 2 seasons. How was the ending arc? Might actually consider picking it back up if it has ended.
Jan 19, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
Riiken said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Riiken said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Hmmm, maybe other parts of the forums but here in Anime discussion I hardly ever see any shoutouts to any shounen unless it's FMA, OP or sometimes HxH. Didn't even realize FT was split into 2 seasons. How was the ending arc? Might actually consider picking it back up if it has ended.

Well, it ended more or less in the middle of an arc which was pretty decent and brought some story developments with it. It didn't completely redeem the series after the horrible filler arc that came before the last arc (the only big filler arc in the show, but a terrible one at that. I never found my love for the show again completely after that arc), but I definitely wanna know how it continues in April.
Jan 19, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2012
I felt like Fairy Tail really started to go to shit around the end. Especially the filler arc, it really killed it. Also, that fighting arena could have been done so much better.
Jan 19, 2014 4:04 PM
Aug 2011
You didn't even list Mushishi and JoJo :(
Jan 19, 2014 4:12 PM
Sep 2013
Mushishi- fuck yeah!
Mahouka- I've completed the manga, it's not the best but it's pretty good. I hope the anime is nice too.
I'll try and watch the other stuff too.
The end is nigh

Jan 19, 2014 4:17 PM

Apr 2011
Fairy Tail, Date A Live, Mushishi, Black Bullet.. Looking good.
Jan 19, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
Sakura Trick - ( cute lesbian girls being lesbians and stuff )
"Okarin... Okarin... I don't know who that is, but when I say his name, I feel warm inside" - Mayuri "Mayushii" Shiina
Jan 19, 2014 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
_Gemini_ said:

Isn't that airing right now?
Jan 19, 2014 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
Riiken said:
_Gemini_ said:

Isn't that airing right now?

Yes.
Jan 19, 2014 4:51 PM

Jun 2012
Sora no Otoshimono! WOOOOOOOOO! Too bad I will have to wait forever.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 19, 2014 11:09 PM

Apr 2013
Looks like I'll be cancelling my Crunchyroll subscription after Golden Time and StB finish airing.
Jan 19, 2014 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
Almost all of these seem uninteresting to me, I guess we'll see when the time comes but as of right now I might watch 2 of these series
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Jan 19, 2014 11:59 PM

Jan 2013
Mushishi (Excited)
Gokukoku no Brynhildr(Excited)
Black Bullet (Excited)
Hitsugi no Chaika(reluctant, but BONES)
Captain Earth (BONES)
No Game, No Life (Taking a shot in the dark)
Akuma no Riddle (Mehh)

I hope I'll find at least 2 of the bottom 4 anime enjoyable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2014 12:43 AM

Dec 2012
I've been waiting for Baby Steps & Haikyuu!! That's it.
Jan 20, 2014 2:22 AM

Apr 2011
Jojo = AOTY
Jan 20, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2007
Thanks for the this info!
Jan 20, 2014 6:41 AM

Dec 2013
I don't know about any of these tbh except for Fairy Tail which I will be watching. I'll definitely give the other stuff a fair chance and a try.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jan 20, 2014 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
I'll watch:
-Akuma No Riddle (I can't wait to watch it! *-*)
-Mahouka(maybe)
-Gokukou(maybe)
-Mushishi 2nd season(if i finish the 1st series)

OVA and Movies:
-Harmonic(the story seems interesting)
-Shingeki No Kyojin OVA
-Little Busters EX
-Magi: Sinbad no bouken(I thought this was a TV series but it seems it's only one OVA)
Jan 20, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Could it be? Finally an anime that dares to pull of a an actualy incest story again? Most likely not, but I'll keep my eye on it.
Jan 20, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
I read most of the descriptions and why are there so many shows with NEETS in them. Ugh.
I'm probably only going to check out Akuma no Riddle.

also
Forgetfulness said:
What the heck is Soul Eater Not!
Jan 20, 2014 8:56 AM

Dec 2012
Looking forward for Kagerou Project since the manga is popular and I keep hearing about it and Shoujo action manga are kinda rare and it's done by SHAFT nonetheless. Definitely excited for it. Will check Mahouka and I really like the fact that the MC is not short and he seems confident and assertive plus he will have a good VA, so I hope it will turn out good.

I don't really get the Mushishi hype and I'm not curious enough to try and watch the first season, it's just looks like the most boring thing in existence after Kino's journey, so I will pass. I will probably watch a couple of episodes of Fairy Tail to see if there is a lot of change in terms of productions and then drop it.

I will definitely watch JoJo part 3. Gonna try to finish (2012). I'm pretty hyped for it and the new JoJo looks cooler than the two before him.

The rest seems really meh, I hate LN adaptions...I wish that trend would stop and in return have more manga adaptions...
tsudecimoJan 20, 2014 9:02 AM
Jan 20, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2011
Definitely Mushishi, i'm glad that it finally got a sequel
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Good anime with bad start

JoeChip - Yesterday

42 by DigiCat »»
33 minutes ago

» Anime that ended terribly

ST63LTH - Yesterday

30 by DigiCat »»
36 minutes ago

» What do you think about AI art? ( 1 2 )

Fellatio - Dec 7, 2022

74 by Ochimusha »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you wish there were more historical anime?

SimplyBrazen - Jun 27

45 by Lion_Sin »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Jun 25

61 by Shizuna »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.