Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2014 10:22 PM

Nov 2007
Dear God, I sensed that overall reaction to the movie was positive, but honestly I wasn't expecting much since the first movie was so lackluster(regardless of it being a recap movie), but just...

The movie was everything I've ever loved about this series wrapped into one neat little package and tied off with a gold ribbon. The time travel plot was a level more complex and sophisticated than I originally expected. I loved seeing the future versions of the characters. Who knew Shinpachi could be that cool?

This is Sorachi and Sunrise at their best. I freaking love you Sorachi! I want to see more of Gintama, make it happen, Sunrise. I want to see the Gender Bender arc animated!

But if this really has to be the end, it's a pretty much the perfect way to end. I have no complaints.
Jan 6, 2014 5:27 AM

May 2012
But but.....I love FMAB and Gintama................

why the hate
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jan 6, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2009
Really enjoyed this movie.
Beautiful Gintama comedy and action.

Jan 6, 2014 4:36 PM
Dec 2012
The Epitome of everything!!!!!
Jan 6, 2014 4:38 PM
Dec 2012
YamadaAoi said:
domme008 said:
Just a question, other guys who already watched the movie told me that it heavily ships gin/tae, is that true ? i really don't hope so, those two are no more than family to me -_- and did tsukuyo get a lot of screen time?

I will always ship Tsukky but I can't help but saying that Otae is fine too!
Jan 7, 2014 5:51 AM

May 2012
Very enjoyable but not the best that Gintama can offer.I liked the first half more than the second. 8/10
Jan 7, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2011
Very great movie, plot grew weak towards the end, but Gintama has never really been about serious stories even though they can easily make one if it was their intention.

The comedy was everything that made me love and enjoy Gintama in the first place, all the small running jokes throughout the entirety of Gintama as well as the quirky and weird personalities of the characters.
Jan 7, 2014 11:58 PM
Feb 2011
shagek1 said:
ill give this perfect score if they tell more stories about Takasugi and Shouyou sensei
and sihinsengumi past
This. I was expecting they'd show us a little bit more about Shoyo. The Shinsengumi's story has already been told in some episodes of the series but Gintoki's childhood with Shoyo was only shown in bits. I hope the anime continues and tells us about Gintoki's past wholly.

The movie was good, not exactly the best Gintama can offer. I was disappointed with the whole time-travel resolving the future thing but the dialog and comedy made up for the story. The characters in a different getup was also a treat.
Jan 8, 2014 12:52 AM
Jun 2013
I really liked Pray playing at end, cause it's the first thing I ever come across in Gintama, brings back memories, very nostalgic
Jan 8, 2014 1:37 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow I didn't even know the subs were out until I saw this rank number 2 on the top anime page.

This was a very entertaining movie, as expected of Gintama. It included everything that makes Gintama so enjoyable to watch: comedy, touching and heartbreaking scenes, and action. I would be crying one second, then laughing and the absurd timing of funny scenes, and then back to crying again. Only in Gintama. And seriously, that whole last battle scene was just incredible.

Honestly when the movie began, I was like wtf is this. I didn't realize that the usual Gintama antic would be part of story, I only felt that it seemed a little longer than it had to be. But it played out really nicely, props to Sorachi for coming up with this. What a great way to start out the movie, and it was an unforgettable one at that.

Theresonly1cryo said:
I really liked Pray playing at end, cause it's the first thing I ever come across in Gintama, brings back memories, very nostalgic
Yes, definitely agree with you there. So much nostalgia just with that one song. And the frames in the movie reels too...I was trying to look at all of them to see if I remember the episodes ^^
Jan 8, 2014 3:13 AM

Feb 2008
Like the poster above, didn't knew it finally released till someone said it was already out when I said on ps3t.org that I was waiting for the movie to release. Of course when I knew that, I immediately went downloading it and was lmao in the very first minutes.

Great story, one can only applaud that Sorachi wrote the story himself. Else we would've been stuck with shite like all those Naruto / Bleach / most OP movies. By far the best jump series related movie since Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen.
Jan 9, 2014 8:06 AM

Oct 2013
It was very good , but kinda lost interest in the half of it .

The start of the movie was hilarious.
Jan 9, 2014 10:28 AM
May 2013
Sidholun said:
short_review said:

Plus I can't imagine it getting a better rank than FMAB. Come on, FMAB is a masterpiece of 65 episode.

Nope,FMAB is good but overrated anime, face it.

It's an anime that everyone will enjoy, that's why it's #1, i would say there is an anime better fit for almost everyone, like Gintama or Fate/Zero for me : ).

This movie was epic btw, funny as hell and with some epic moments ^^, really exactly what i would except from a Gintama movie.
Jan 10, 2014 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
at first im confused about timeline and watch it again so this like
1st timeline: joui war where shiroyasha got infected
2nd timeline: at the theater
3rd timeline: the ruined future
4th timeline: this timeline where gintoki successfully killed shiroyasha, saved the world and no one meets gintoki as if he didnt exist in this timeline, and then tama revealed as the time thief and explain everyone through her data. Probably after explaining, the gang went to the past which is the 5th timeline.
5th timeline: the gang arrive before shiroyasha killed enmi and gintoki killed shiroyasha. They make shiroyasha drunk and madao disguise as shiroyasha. so their goal is to kill enmi before shiroyasha did. and then a lazy yet effective way of going back to the future(or creating new future) by distroying the time machine.

just based on what i understand..

after rewatching it my attention went all to kagura.. her hotness her legs during the fight O.o im drooling with satisfaction..

Thank you for clearing up my confusion >_<

FECCKK, DAT ELIZIBETH SO RIPPED! DONT MESS!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 10, 2014 3:59 AM

Jul 2013
movie was very good but not better than gintama'
Jan 10, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
I just hope they don't call the next Gintama movie "Fukkatsu-hen".

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Jan 10, 2014 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
Can someone clear something up for me? I always slow to get around with time travelling plots, but how did Gin 'save the future' when in the timeline where Kagura and Shinpachi started to forget all about Gin? How did they travel back to the past where original Gin went to?

I re-watched it and still can't develop an answer to that..

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 10, 2014 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
Raven-kun said:
Can someone clear something up for me? I always slow to get around with time travelling plots, but how did Gin 'save the future' when in the timeline where Kagura and Shinpachi started to forget all about Gin? How did they travel back to the past where original Gin went to?

gintoki killed his past self and then disappeared, tama waited 15 years after his death in the war to go find everyone remind them of gintoki and brought them back in time, so gintoki didnt do shit tama saved the fucking world

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Mar 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
Raven-kun said:

gintoki killed his past self and then disappeared, tama waited 15 years after his death in the war to go find everyone remind them of gintoki and brought them back in time, so gintoki didnt do shit tama saved the fucking world

I got that part, but after they went back in time, it was shown the original Gintoki was just was about to fight in which the group eventually came after a minutes. How could they gone back in a time that they could meet the original Gintoki (that went back in time to the war) when he didnt existed in their timeline?

These are the reasons why I really find time-travelling plots to be too confusing and my enjoyment worse.

Jan 10, 2014 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Raven-kun said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Raven-kun said:

I got that part, but after they went back in time, it was shown the original Gintoki was just was about to fight in which the group eventually came after a minutes. How could they gone back in a time that they could meet the original Gintoki (that went back in time to the war) when he didnt existed in their timeline?

These are the reasons why I really find time-travelling plots to be too confusing and my enjoyment worse.
I'm confused as to what your asking, like where the hell is the question. Here it'll be easier to summarize instead

in the original timeline gintoki gets infected, the infection spreads and he loses control of his body, before he lost contorl he asked gengai to create a time machine to have a past gintoki kill him, After future gintoki was killed by past gintoki both tama and the surviving gintoki go back in time to kill gintoki before he could ever get infected in the first place and he succeeds

this creates the 2nd timeline where gintoki died in the war and the virus never spread, tama spends 15 years waiting with a still working time machine and helps convince everyone about gintoki existing since its not the real timeline and memories of him still exist, they go back in time one last time which leads to the...

3rd timeline where they prevent past gintoki from getting infected rather than killing him

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2014 2:32 AM

Dec 2011
already finish this movie. i love how he mix the sad scene with the laugh scene successfully. its make me laughing while crying. hahaha i give 9/10
Jan 14, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2012
I was very disappointed. Almost didn't find it funny (and usually Gintama has me worrying that I'm gonna suffocate because I laugh so much) and didn't get to learn much about any characters (apart from finding out how some characters would react to Gintoki disappearing), and the time travel stuff was just a mindf*** in a bad way. Not enough Shinsengumi for me either (or Katsura) and can't say I liked how Tama or Hasegawa ended up, and Katsura's lack of badassery....was ok for comic relief but I hope in the main series all the main characters get to shine like Sorachi usually lets them (one thing he does better than a lot of mangaka) and don't become so useless.

I'll probably watch it again in a few months to see if I find it any better (since I didn't feel too engaged the first time, and maybe that was just me and not totally down to the anime).
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Jan 15, 2014 2:58 AM

May 2010
Did Otsuu-chan become AV idol?
Jan 17, 2014 12:31 AM

Feb 2013
wolffanghameha said:
I was very disappointed. Almost didn't find it funny (and usually Gintama has me worrying that I'm gonna suffocate because I laugh so much) and didn't get to learn much about any characters (apart from finding out how some characters would react to Gintoki disappearing), and the time travel stuff was just a mindf*** in a bad way. Not enough Shinsengumi for me either (or Katsura) and can't say I liked how Tama or Hasegawa ended up, and Katsura's lack of badassery....was ok for comic relief but I hope in the main series all the main characters get to shine like Sorachi usually lets them (one thing he does better than a lot of mangaka) and don't become so useless.

i agreed that katsura didn't have the screentime he deserves, they should've let katsura and gintoki fight side by side but no, katsura just threw a bomb and made a speech. it would have been badass if katsura, sakamoto(this guy never show up on recent episodes of anime and manga, his older self should have been in the movie too :/) and gin fight the amanto like the old times.
but overall its still an awesome movie reminds me of why i love this anime. i hope they continue the anime :(
the plot also reminds me of katekyoushi hitman reborn, where the MC's older self send his past self into the future to defeat the bad guy XD
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Jan 17, 2014 8:16 AM

Sep 2011
Razuhiko said:
wolffanghameha said:

i agreed that katsura didn't have the screentime he deserves, they should've let katsura and gintoki fight side by side but no, katsura just threw a bomb and made a speech. it would have been badass if katsura, sakamoto(this guy never show up on recent episodes of anime and manga, his older self should have been in the movie too :/) and gin fight the amanto like the old times.
but overall its still an awesome movie reminds me of why i love this anime. i hope they continue the anime :(
the plot also reminds me of katekyoushi hitman reborn, where the MC's older self send his past self into the future to defeat the bad guy XD

katsura in general has been jipped in screen time way too much recently, thankfully thats made up by the fact even his short appearances are hilarious but yah i demand more katsura screen time

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 19, 2014 1:18 AM

May 2012
02:58 lol sunrise trolling its audience again

22:04 "Hokuto no Gin" LOOOOL

24:35 lol Shinpachi

25:41 <3

26:36 t-too much boinservice

49:02 LOOOL full of win

01:07:55 why do i have a feeling that Enmi is the future Gintoki?

01:15:09 binpo

01:16:40 plz tell me it's just a dream

01:23:48 LOOOL trolledddd <3

01:28:13 wut? no pantsu saabiisu?

01:34:59 Gorira pawaa!!!

8/10 for this movie. <3
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 20, 2014 3:37 AM

Oct 2012
I guess shinpachi's real body is just megane.... LOL

9/10

Jan 20, 2014 11:54 PM

Jan 2014
This is perfect, I really enjoyed it (4.8/5)
Jan 22, 2014 6:01 AM

Jun 2010
He just wanted to fap, got time traveled instead... WHY...?
"Deep."
Jan 24, 2014 5:50 AM
Dec 2012
The best moment of this movie is every seconds of it!

but what i love the most is when Kagura start saying "Kanchikashinai daiyone~" That Rie Kugimiya , i always think that young flat chest kagura waste this seiyu tsundereness , but this is the best , sexy tsundere kagura is the best Aru ne Aru~
Jan 26, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2012
I watched this movie again today and yeah, it's probably the best anime of Gintama so far! Time travel plots are always timey wimey and can sometimes ruin a story's enjoyment but Sorachi-sensei handled it brilliantly, for the most part. Time travel in itself is a paradox so you cant expect it all to make perfect sense.

Even though i'll be super depressed if Gintama anime never continues, this movie would be the perfect way for it to go out. It went out with a bang, rather than a whimper like most long running animes do when they stop adapting their ongoing manga series. I was crying, laughing and smiling the whole two hours. So many amazing moments, my brain is numb from so much laughter and squee! (DAT ENDING)
It's a perfect love letter to Gintama fans and an easy 10/10... More Takasugi and Sakamoto would've made it been even better!!!

Speaking of which, I'm confused about the Joui patrioits involvement in the ending. We see Sakamoto, Takasugi and Shiroyasha Gintoki intervene in the final battle, helping out the future Yorozuya, but then they all disappear in a split second. What was that about? Wont they now remember meeting their future selves in the past? Did they know what was going on? Shiroyasha Gintoki smiled at the end, leaving his sword behind, so maybe?

Moral of the story is: Love and friendship (literally) transcends space and time which is quite beautiful.

ALL HAIL GINTOKI~
who_dat_ninjaJan 26, 2014 1:42 PM
Jan 26, 2014 6:56 PM
Jul 2010
he found the time machine he always wanted since ep 1
Jan 27, 2014 11:43 AM

Dec 2007
SteampunkDalek said:

Speaking of which, I'm confused about the Joui patrioits involvement in the ending. We see Sakamoto, Takasugi and Shiroyasha Gintoki intervene in the final battle, helping out the future Yorozuya, but then they all disappear in a split second. What was that about? Wont they now remember meeting their future selves in the past? Did they know what was going on? Shiroyasha Gintoki smiled at the end, leaving his sword behind, so maybe?

I wish I could explain you this, but usually in movies with time travel and such it's just speculations, since time travel can create the biggest paradoxes ever to exist in entertainment. Just look at Steins;Gate, and the Fuka Ryouki no Deja vu movie, fans kept cracking their skulls trying to figure and make sense of the time travel presented there.

I just say:

It's time travel. I ain't gotta explain shit.

gonder said:

Damn it, thanks for reminding me of that seemingly minor detail from the first episode.
It all makes sense now. Gintama uses foreshadowing all the time, it always foreshadows something by using comedic plot devices at certain parts of the story that will end up a whole major arc or even a whole cinematic movie in this case. Oh Gintama, why you so awesome.
DeadIEndJan 27, 2014 11:47 AM
Jan 28, 2014 1:15 AM

May 2012
DeadIEnd said:
SteampunkDalek said:

I wish I could explain you this, but usually in movies with time travel and such it's just speculations, since time travel can create the biggest paradoxes ever to exist in entertainment. Just look at Steins;Gate, and the Fuka Ryouki no Deja vu movie, fans kept cracking their skulls trying to figure and make sense of the time travel presented there.

I just say:

It's time travel. I ain't gotta explain shit.

gonder said:

Damn it, thanks for reminding me of that seemingly minor detail from the first episode.
It all makes sense now. Gintama uses foreshadowing all the time, it always foreshadows something by using comedic plot devices at certain parts of the story that will end up a whole major arc or even a whole cinematic movie in this case. Oh Gintama, why you so awesome.
Yeah like i wrote earlier in my comment, time travel in itself is a paradox. I guess the sudden appearance and disappearance of the Joui patriots is another mystery for the ages... Although it would be funnier if they were all just gone, having a hangover :P

And about foreshadowing - yes, Gintama is truly the "Arrested Development" of Anime!
Feb 2, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
This movie was amazing from beginning to end. LOVED IT!

I love how Shinpachi was the punch line at the end, only his glasses got sent back almost died laughing. Damn this movie makes me so depressed that the show is over, when are they going to start up again.
Feb 6, 2014 2:21 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The part where they huddled together before they disappeared. :'D

Feb 12, 2014 6:33 AM
May 2009
Best animated movie 2013. Topped anything else that was released on global scale :P.

It was hilarious and epic all the way through, even the trolling about Piracy. Can't wait for more.
Feb 14, 2014 11:50 PM

Feb 2014
I really want to watch this movie, but the subtitles are SO BAD!! The English translations make absolutely no sense and it gives me a headache trying to get through even the introduction.. Does anybody know where I can watch this movie with GOOD translations/subs???
Feb 15, 2014 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
Codydoc said:
I really want to watch this movie, but the subtitles are SO BAD!! The English translations make absolutely no sense and it gives me a headache trying to get through even the introduction.. Does anybody know where I can watch this movie with GOOD translations/subs???
go to nyaa and download whynot subs or unlimited translation works

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 21, 2014 4:32 AM

Feb 2012
Had this movie with me for over a month, and just recently watched it... after watching it, the hell was wrong with me, why didn't I watch this sooner!!

AWESOME MOVIE!!! Laughed so hard, shed some tears, and enjoyed the action packed scenes!! It was truly an epic movie about friendship!! 9.5/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 23, 2014 4:09 AM

May 2012
jbeat said:
Had this movie with me for over a month, and just recently watched it... after watching it, the hell was wrong with me, why didn't I watch this sooner!!

AWESOME MOVIE!!! Laughed so hard, shed some tears, and enjoyed the action packed scenes!! It was truly an epic movie about friendship!! 9.5/10
Because you wanted to savour it for as long as possible? After all, this may be the last Gintama animation we're gonna get... But only for a while, hopefully D:
Feb 25, 2014 2:12 PM

Mar 2008
the moment when sadaharu was still just a puppy for his size
dat time skip gura
great movie
may hav put too much expectations to it tho = =
a 9/10
Feb 25, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
I finally got to watch this (after re-watching most of the series) and I must say it was an excellent movie. I was laughing non-stop from the beginning, the first appearances of almost every character was just pure gold (especially Katsura imitating Tagasugi).

Even though I didn't find the whole time travel thing particularly good, the action was intense and both future and past Gin were simply badass. Also, when at the end of the movie the first OP started, nostalgia got me.

9/10 for this movie ad hopefully we'll soon hear news about Gintama getting a new series...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 28, 2014 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
Finally got to watch it!! Man this must have been amazing in the theatre ;_;
So many emotions, so many laughs! That Tsundere Kagura ♥-♥!! Bloody loved it! Otae looked beautiful with the white hair. But what happened to future Takatsugi and Sakamoto?? :/
Is this considered canon? Doesn't it mess up some of the stories we had before all of this??

9.5/10
AozureFeb 28, 2014 4:20 AM
Mar 2, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2013
That was beautiful. Simply beautiful. I hope that another season of the anime comes out soon! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwMkfGbmfhI
This video teaches me the importance of hygiene and fetishes!!!
Mar 2, 2014 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
Um... I'm kind of creeped out how no one noticed this but I'm sure some of you did, but I just want an explanation
Mar 3, 2014 4:00 AM

Jun 2010
KiraTakeo said:
Um... I'm kind of creeped out how no one noticed this but I'm sure some of you did, but I just want an explanation

"Deep."
Mar 6, 2014 9:43 AM
Oct 2008
From start to finish that was just wow... so fucking good 10/10
Mar 6, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2011
Khielyre said:
KiraTakeo said:

hes just some guy there to take up the negative space in the photo, they had a image of them in the war with random nameless npc's before

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 13, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
Movie spoiler for those who didn't see it yet don't click. Though: What the heck are you doing here if you didn't see it yet?!
What a splendid movie, I absolutely loved it. It had emotional parts that really touched me even in the ending and those awesome Gintama moments (only the glasses went back xD).

10*/10. Masterpiece for Gintama lovers and not only.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

32 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
May 24, 5:52 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM

» Little question about the whole destruction thing...

Seadd - Jan 6, 2020

1 by SAMR030 »»
Jan 2, 2021 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.