Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 21, 2007 7:08 PM

Jul 2007
1-Neon Genesis Evangelion
2-Kimi Ga nozomu Eien
3-Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen
4-Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
5-Monster
6-Shingetsutan Tsukihime
7-Juuni Kokki
8-Seikai no Senki II
9-Ouran Host Club
10-Kanon(2006)
Nov 21, 2007 7:09 PM

May 2007
1. Death Note
2. Bleach
3. Claymore (Up to around ep 20)
4. Code Geass
5. Naruto (not including fillers)
6. Berserk
7. Higurashi (both? =p)
8. Shaman King
9. Monster
10. Fate Stay Night

Extra: Dragon Ball Z =D
Nov 22, 2007 10:16 AM
Sep 2007
1. Naruto
2. Hajime no Ippo
3. Rurouni Kenshin Reminiscence(OVA)
4. One Piece
5. Bleach
6. Hunter X Hunter
7. Claymore
8. Death Note
9. Full Metal Panic(including all OVAs)
10. GTO
Nov 22, 2007 10:40 AM

Apr 2007
Here it is: my top 10 anime (favorites, but not necessarily the best).....

10. You're Under Arrest! (I watched this by chance; I loved it)
9. Slayers series (Very funny as hell)
8. Honey and Clover I & II (The anime is funny and touching at the same time)
7. Dragon Ball Series (not GT- repeated and long, but awesome battles.)
6. Peach Girl (The love triangle is full of drama in this one)
5. Doraemon (A classic, I love the everyday adventures of Doraemon, Nobita and their friends)
4. Kirarin Revolution (Art is super cute and addicting and so is the romance, I never thought this would be so good)
3. Itazura na Kiss (Probably the best anime of '08, I just love everything in it)
2. Full Moon wo Sagashite (Very touching story; ending and I love the characters, art and music)

and numero uno....

1A. Sailor Moon series and 1B. Cyber Formula series- (I love these 2 series to death; Everything about them is wonderful. They are really special to me)
MomoHime125Jun 22, 2008 9:46 PM

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Nov 22, 2007 6:12 PM

Sep 2007
Ensatsu! Seen you over at TV.com forums, too. :D

Anyways, my top ten animu are:
1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Excel Saga
4. Hellsing Ultimate
5. Puni Puni Poemy
6. Nerima Daikon Brothers
7. Yu Yu Hakusho
8. Death Note
9. Azumanga Daioh
10. Lupin III
Nov 23, 2007 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
1.Fate Stay Night
2.Tengen Toppa Gurren Langan
3.School Rumble
4.Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
5.Kenichi
6.Elfen Lied
7.Deathnote
8.Gode Geass
9.Naruto
10.Busou Renkin
Nov 23, 2007 2:54 AM

Oct 2007
1. Saiyuki --> i really like the plot and the characters here. of course, co'z Genjo Sanzo's here too XD
2. Bleach --> never fails to keep me entertained, especially those sudden comedic moments
3. Naruto --> the only thing that lowered the rank of this anime in my list was the almost never-ending fillers T.T
4. The Prince of Tennis --> Ryoma! <3 tops sports anime in my list
5. Gintama --> LOL and more LOLs. if you're looking for something refreshing to watch, then do watch this
6. Death Note --> amazing plot and all those twists, keeps you wanting for more
7. Full Metal Alchemist --> great story of brotherly love, and i really liked the ending
8. Nodame Cantabile --> Nodame is so totally random and such a fun character to watch. I went back to listening to classical music because of this
9. Matantei Loki Ragnarok --> the story ain't finished but for some reason this anime really stuck with me. ^^
10. i'm having a hard time deciding which anime to put here, so I'll leave it blank for now ^^

Nov 23, 2007 9:38 AM
Jun 2007
01. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Up until I saw Evangelion, the only mecha titles I've seen were not character driven. this was the first show that I was truly and thoroughly obsessed with. the plot was magnificent and intricate and the characters were portrayed in their highs and in their lows. however the ending may seem ambiguous and baffle everyone, it sparked debate among fans.

02. RahXephon - people dismissed this title as a "Eva rip-off". while it's true that it parallels NGE in multiple aspects, the plot of this title is as complex as the aforementioned title. its one of those few titles in which you learn something new every time you watch it.

03. Berserk - even though Berserk falls short of its manga counterpart, it still is an masterpiece in its own right. just the sense of the scale of this epic tale gives me chills.

04. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - I may be a "prisoner-of-the-moment" when it comes to this title. I felt nostalgic while I was watching this series since elements of it remind me of mecha titles from the 70's. and on top of that, the show has charismatic characters and not to mention an amazing (and addicting) soundtrack.

05. FLCL - another masterpiece by GAINAX. just the sheer randomness, parodies and overall hilarity of this show is pure brilliance. I also need to mention The Pillows did a sensational job on the soundtrack.

06. Rurouni Kenshin:Tsuiokuhen - watching the beginnings of the hitokiri, Battousai was amazing. from the quality of the animation to the pure unadulterated drama of this title, every aspect of it will just leave you in awe.

07. Cowbop Bebop - one of the great shows from the 90's or of all-time for that matter. I just couldn't find any flaws in this title.

08. Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion - at first, I thought that this was just "another" Gundam title under a different name, boy I was wrong. the additon of the Geass adds a new dimension. I don't remember watching a dull moment while I was watching this.

09. The Vision of Escaflowne - normally, I don't watch shoujo titles but Escaflowne is an exception because it overlaps with other genres I enjoy.

10. Welcome To The NHK! -its brand of dark humor is just refreshing from the typical comedy title.

Nov 23, 2007 12:48 PM

Mar 2007
kirAth-shiAue said:
ensatsu-ken said:

9. Hikaru no Go- This is also a very underrated series, mainly because people have the stereotype that an anime about a board game can't possibly have any entertainment value to it, unless you are a huge fan of that game. Well, this is 100% incorrect, and this is actually a very addicting anime, that everyone should at least give a chance, IMO.

Your right about that.

All my faves I gave a score of 10. Theres only about 8 I think.
1. Monster(this is truly a masterpiece. Full of plots and twists. After each episode I wanted to see the next asap).
2. Full Metal Alchemist(both the seris & movie. It was # 1 for aq long time. It's still hard to choose btween FMA & Monster).
3. Zegapain(this seris is too underrated. I actually cried).
4. Gundam Seed(I love this Gundam more than any other Gundam and I don't care what others think).
5. Eureka Seven(This is a beautiful story with superb animation and wonderful characters.)

For incomplete seris, Utena and Hikaru No Go.

I forgot to mention Gravitation(diehard YukixShuichi fan since 2000), and my little masterpiece Innocent Venus for complete anime with a 10, and Code Geass for incomplete.

I only consider my anime rated 10 as top favorites.
Nov 23, 2007 12:57 PM

Oct 2007
Foggle said:
Ensatsu! Seen you over at TV.com forums, too. :D

Anyways, my top ten animu are:
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Excel Saga
4. Hellsing Ultimate
5. Puni Puni Poemy
6. Nerima Daikon Brothers
7. Yu Yu Hakusho
8. Death Note
9. Azumanga Daioh
10. Lupin III

Hey, nice to see you on the forums over here as well ;) . BTW, could you explain some of your choices, so that this thread doesn't get locked =P ?
Nov 23, 2007 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
ensatsu-ken said:

Hey, nice to see you on the forums over here as well ;) . BTW, could you explain some of your choices, so that this thread doesn't get locked =P ?

Suuuure. I refuse to explain them all, though. D:

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Exciting, mature and filled with plot tweests. I'm one of the few people who also like the funny/cute portions of it.
2. Cowboy Bebop - The Jazz music alone makes this series win.
3. Excel Saga - While not as good as the manga, it's still hilarious and extremely original, with lovable characters.
4. Hellsing Ultimate - Closer to the manga than the TV anime, and has some really cool action sequences.
5. Puni Puni Poemy - Along the same lines of Excel Saga. Funny stuff.
6. Nerima Daikon Brothers - A musical anime comedy. Not something you see every day.
7. Yu Yu Hakusho
8. Death Note
9. Azumanga Daioh
10. Lupin III - This series is way too underrated. It may be old, but it's still epic.
Nov 23, 2007 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
Series:

1. Bleach
2. Samurai Champloo
3. Black Lagoon
4. Elfen Lied
5. Full Metal Alchemist
6. Death Note
7. Full Metal Panic!
8. Hellsing / Ultimate
9. Great Teacher Onizuka
10. Eureka 7

Movies:
1. Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
2. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
3. Akria
4. Spriggan
5. blood - the last vampire
Nov 23, 2007 6:14 PM
Aug 2007
Let's see here . . . In no particular order:

1. Last Exile
2. Nerima Daikon Brothers
3. Ghost In The Shell
4. Hellsing
5. Texhnolyze
6. Fruits Basket
7. Dead Leaves
8. Laputa: Castle In The Sky
9. Millennium Actress
10. Paranoia Agent
Nov 26, 2007 7:55 PM
Oct 2007
On My Blog I posted my top 30 and worst 15, you can chec out, but here is my top 10.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Simply the best anime I've seen.

2. Cowboy Bebop: A close second to Fullmetal. A great anime, that has inspired many others, i.e. Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon and others.

3. Romeo X Juliet: A great take on William Shakespeare's classic play.

4. Eureka Seven: Absolutely perfect music, great animation, great action, and a very good story, make a perfect anime series.

5. Blue Gender: A unappreciated anime that doesn't get enough credit.

6. Rurouni Kenshin TV/OVA: Both the tv series and OVA. Tells the journey of Rurouni Kenshin.

7. Now and Then, Here and There: A truly provoking, unappreciated anime, that everyone over 16 needs to see.

8. Patlabor 2: The movie: The best anime movie ever.

9. Wolf's Rain: A remarkable anime, with a unique type of anime.

10. Ninja Scroll (The Movie): A great anime movie, just a notch below Patlabor 2. Still good after all these years.
Nov 27, 2007 4:43 PM

Nov 2007
Heres mine
1:Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Because it had great fight scenes and awesome characters
2:Bleach: very sim. to Yuu Yuu and has great char and fights, also the swords are cool
3:Rurouni Kenshin: I'm just a sucker for sword fights, also had a good story
4:Samurai Champloo: was funny and had good sword fighting (a pattern here isn't there?)
5:Death Note: Has a good story and a great idea to it
6:One Piece: Just so funny and manages to be cool at times
7:Gundam Wing: Was just really cool back when it came out
8:Gundam Seed: Actually had good gundams and more of a story without killing the action
9:CowBoy Bebop: because I really liked Spike. he was a great character
10:Hellsing Ultimate: Has great action and a super badass character
A Tout Le Monde
A Tout Les Amis
Je Vous Aime
Je Dois Partir
Jan 23, 2008 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
1) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/ Kai
2) Elfen Lied
3) Shingetsutan Tsukihime
4) NANA
5) Fruits Basket
6) Bleach
7) Minami-Ke
8) Myself; Yourself
9) Chrno Crusade
10) Murder Princess
Jan 23, 2008 12:59 PM

Jan 2008
TOP 10

1. Death Note
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
3. Monster
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
5. Code Geass
6. Bleach
7. School Rumble
8. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
9. Ouran Host Club
10. Claymore - Darker than Black - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Jan 23, 2008 3:05 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
List not in order just off the top of my head
1.FLCL
2.The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
3.Full metal alchemist
4.Robotech
5.Gundam Ms-08
6.Eureka7
7.School days
8.Death note
9.R.O.D. TV
10. Tie Caseclosed+bleach+Shinchan

-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Jan 23, 2008 3:30 PM

Jul 2007
These are my top 10, some of the later few could be moved around abit.

1. Claymore
2. Cowboy bebop
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. Berserk
5. D.Gray-man
6. Fate/stay night
7. Full Metal Panic
8. Last Exile
9. Ergo Proxy
10. Elfen Lied
Jan 23, 2008 6:43 PM

Sep 2007
Series (in no order):
-Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken
-Cromartie Highschool
-Mazinkaiser
-Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman
-Robotech: The Macross Saga
-Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
-Tekkaman Blade
-Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor (1989 Series)
-Voltron
-MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079

Movies (in no order again):
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
-Hokuto no Ken The Movie
-Akira
-Street Fighter II: The Movie
-Initial D: Third Stage
-End of Evangelion
UltraTienJan 23, 2008 7:43 PM

Jan 23, 2008 6:56 PM

Mar 2005
give rationale or this thread will be locked for redundancy~
Jan 23, 2008 8:06 PM

Nov 2007
1. Escaflowne
-Esca was what got me into anime, and I still love it today. I've never been a big mech fan, but Esca caught me with its fantasy plot and interesting characters. The only thing I didn't like about Escaflowne was Hitomi and the rushed feeling that it had in the latter eps.

2. Yami no Matsuei
-I actually wasn't too interested in YnM at first because I got bored by the manga, but after watching a couple of eps I really fell in love with this series. I really love Tsuzuki and Hisoka's relationship because it's similar to a relationship I have with one friend. And Tsuzuki actually really reminds of myself sometimes. The only problem I have with the anime is, like the manga, it doesn't really have a conclusive ending.

3. Princess Tutu
-Princess Tutu was one of those anime that you can never really tell who it's aimed for. The dialog and art have a very young~ish feel to them, but the story rapidly grew darker as viewers approach the second arc. I really liked Tutu just for the irony of it. I really liked the whole story theme and how Fakir wound up saving Ahiru at the end.
My regret with this series is that it didn't end quite how I wanted it to. It wasn't the pairings I was upset with either...

4. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
-This was one of the first DVDs I bought. I bought it only because people had recommended it to me, but as I was watching it I really fell in love with it. The graphis were REALLY good, especially for its time, and the characters and story were really interesting. I especially liked how the sword fights were animated, and the OST was lovely.
The only thing I didn't like was how they mixed in real images with the animated for effect. It just looked tacky.

5. Code Geass
-I really didn't want to watch CG at first because I had heard it was a mecha series similar to Death note and I disliked Death note. But lack of nothing to watch and the desperation for a new anime drove me to this show. Not to mention, my two friends were obsessed with the series and one of them was showing me the artbook. Once I saw Lelouch grinning evilly, his geass eye gleaming, I decided to give the series a shot.
I still don't like the mech part, but the characters are a lot of fun and I somehow like the politics of the show.

6. Ouran High School Host Club
-Ouran is just one of those series that makes me smile after a bad day. The story is kind of....lacking, but I love the characters and the whole family theme they have going on.

7. Noein
-While I'm not into sci-fi anime, Noein has a great list of characters and I really enjoyed the whole AU feel and multiple characters.

8. Pretear
-Pretear is your basic fairytale and I liked it for that aspect. It's also a lot easier for me to stomach than most mahou shoujo titles and I like the spunk of the main character and her dorky relationship with Hayate.

9. Arc the Lad
-Not sure exactly why I like this anime, but it's a fun anime to sit back and watch when there's nothing else to do. It reminds me of the cartoons I used to watch as a child in front of the TV and it gives me a nostalgic feeling.
Only complaint is that it takes way too long for Arc to appear.

10. Tales of Symphonia
-Compared to the video game this anime is kind of...lacking, but I am a big Symphonia fan, so I really enjoyed it. The art is gorgeous, and I like how the OVA portrays the characters.

Runners up:
Saiyuki (I like, but it has way too much filler)
Full Metal Alchemist (while I like this series, it's not one I can watch over and over like the above)
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen (it's good crack)
Wolf's Rain (I like, but again I can't re-watch this series except for the beginning)
Gundam Wing (I like all the parts when they're NOT fighting in their mechs)
federJan 23, 2008 8:17 PM
Jan 23, 2008 8:59 PM

Oct 2007
1. Gungrave - this was pure awesomeness. The drama from the very beginning drew me in until the middle checkpoint which the audience was anticipating..... to the last 10 episodes that moved so quickly.. bam.

2. NHK no Yokuso! - this was so much fun to watch. the psychological elements hit so close to home, and there was never a boring element in the series

3. Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - because Bonta-kun should belong to ME!!. For me, comedy animes usually just make me chuckle or smile. I actually laughed in this one. and Sagara Sousuke <3

4. Romeo x Juliet - im not the biggest fan of WAFF, but this anime was simply beautiful

5. Basilisk - because I love to watch people eliminate each other... and the fight scenes are awesome

6. Jyu Oh Sei - I kept expecting this to turn out something like a battle royale, but each episode, the plot twisted deeper and darker. Good stuff

7. Full Metal Alchemist - this show had everything in it, and it was put together wonderfully well.

8. Baccano! - fun to watch, each episode made me want to learn about the characters and how they are connected.

9. Moyashimon - finally, an anime about university, without high school or middle school girls. special powers? of course... the power to see bacteria. although this anime had many flaws and had some flow problems, its probably the most original anime ive seen in a long time, and had lots of laughs

10. Full Moon wo Sagashite - the music is great, and the second half of the series is a rollercoaster of emotions. for some reason, this anime makes me think of the word "pure". and the ending just makes you feel all smiley.
Jan 23, 2008 9:57 PM

May 2007
1.cowboy bebop
2.hajime no ippo
3.full metal alchemist
4.full metal panic (all 3 seasons)
5.ghost in the shell (movies & STA)
6.Neon Genesis Evangelion (with end of evanglion being the right ending)
7. Samurai X
8. GTO
9. Rahxephon
10. FLCL
Jan 23, 2008 10:39 PM

Jul 2007
1. Spirited Away - I just love this movie. No matter how many times I watch it, I find it refreshing and it never loses its charm.

2. Shoujo Kakumei Utena - Underrated late nineties series. It has so many layers, so many angles from which to interpret it, is made with such care and attention to detail... The only bad thing about it is (occasionally) the animation (had a notoriously low budget).

3. Kino's Journey - An interesting social commentary from the perspective of a young androgyne girl traveling from country to country (more like city-states), each with its own specialty, as it were (Land of Adults, Land of Peace, etc).

4. Mononoke - Love the shamanic leanings of the show (I mean, a medicine seller who interrogates and exorcises spirits? Love!), and the highly stylistic and lush art. Not quite a linear story - instead with several arcs in the season, spanning two to three episodes, each focusing on a different character, and different mystery, a different mononoke to exorcise. The human cause of the supernatural calamities, that is, the mystery behind the existence of the mononoke, is always nicely done, with very symbolic storytelling.

5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Seems to be a love or hate show. I love it!
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Again with the layered, symbolic storytelling and the social commentary. Besides this, it has some killer action sequences. It's great!

7. Azumanga Daioh - Incredibly funny.

8. Cowboy Bebop - One of the first shows I watched, and very awesome indeed. Great soundtrack, decent action and pacing, very memorable characters; not much in the way of plot (mostly "adventures of the Bebop crew") but the character development was nice to watch and the ending was very bittersweet.

9. Ichigo Mashimaro - Very funny and relaxing to watch. Very moe-inducing, at least for me. It's.. just so cute! And I feel a certain kinship with Nobue-neesan.

10. Ouran High School Host Club - Funny shoujo show that isn't overly sappy. Love the strong, independent female lead who doesn't lovesick or turns to mush when a cute guy looks at her. Nice character development as well. A bit addictive, really.
Jan 24, 2008 4:41 AM

Oct 2007
Well, I'm not really sure if this is supposed to be "Top 10 Highest Rated" or "Top Ten Favorite" anime, as those two lists should realistically be different, although not necessarily greatly so. Since I don't know which it is I'll just respond to both, because that makes the most sense to me.

Top 10 Highest Rated ("Best")-- Making my best attempt at however much objectivity is attainable by a human being, these are the series that most impressed me as being "good." A great deal of thought and debate has caused the order to constantly shift, but in general it looks something like this:
1. NHK ni Youkoso!-- To put it simply, there is no anime that is quite like NHK. As a slice of life comedy it remains humorous throughout most of the show, but it truly shines as a dark and intellectual look at human society and the interactions of which it is comprised. NHK will wow you gradually, as more and more of the narrative is revealed, and ends with a perfect fading that leaves you wanting more but knowing that it couldn't have ended any better than it did. Yes, the animation is somewhat inconsistent and parts of the middle drag on too long, but taken as a whole NHk can't be beaten.

2. Serial Experiments Lain-- The resplendent mindfuck of the anime world, Lain is a wonder to behold. It leaves your mind spinning throughout the whole show, as mystery upon mystery spins before you. Sometimes it is odd simply for the sake of being odd, but generally every twist and turn it forces through your mind leads you closer and closer to the realization of its world, and the point where reality is completely in question and the line between technology and the supernatural is ever blurrier. A true cyberpunk masterpiece.

3. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni-- Higurashi struck me completely out of nowhere, and it was a wonderful experience. There was a two month gap between when I watched the first and second episodes, so for the longest time I didn't know what to think about it. Now, after watching it several times, it stands as a shining example of a psychological horror mystery done right. It expands upon the normal murder mystery by making the whole thing at the same time very human yet infused with supernatural elements. The end result is a mystery that constantly twists and surprises you, but in the end the pieces start to come together.

4. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-- Haruhi is a fan favorite, easily the most popular anime I've encountered in recent years, but its quality stands independently of the fanfare. Pure comedies have a tendency to be difficult to rate, as comedy is such a subjective thing, but even ignoring the humor of the show it stands as a high point in anime, so I have no qualms putting it on such a list. The animation is absurdly good, and the voice performances shine, especially where it counts. The narrative itself is highly imaginative but ultimately reflects a relationship that grows in bounds while remaining almost stagnant, and yet not in the stereotypical way.

5. Full Metal Alchemist: The Second Raid-- While the first two seasons of FMP were both very good, Second Raid truly shines as the more serious tone it utilizes lends to the FMP narrative a much-needed emotional weight. Treating the FMP series as a whole, it would not make it into the top ten, but Second Raid definitely deserves a place.

6. Eureka seveN-- Shounen series have a tendency to be, well, rather bad. Mecha series also have a tendency to be, well... you get the point. Suffice to say, while I will give any series a chance, I was not expecting an especially great deal from a shounen/meca series when I began watching it. However, after an admittedly weak start, Eureka seveN picks up the pieces of itself and drives through to a wondrous conclusion, with only a few speed bumps along the way. The narrative defies its own genres without truly breaking them, and expands beautifully as the relationship between Eureka and Renton grows. The soundtrack and animation are both amazing, and serve perfectly to further highlight the true meat of the show. When it stumbles, Eureka seveN recovers quickly and emerges even stronger, and just when you think it's the best it can be, it gets even better.

7. Last Exile-- GONZO is one of the most prolific studios around, and they have quite a pedigree of great shows. Of course, they also have quite a dark past full of terrible shows, but Last Exile is not one of them. Sporting slick animation and phenomenal directing, along with one of the best soundtracks in an anime, Last Exile is to Top Gun what Top Gun wasn't to the face of cinema: a tremendous improvement--and with more steampunk sensibilities, too. A steampunk paragon of the fantasy action adventure, Last Exile is remarkably...remarkable.

8. Kino's Journey-- While most episodic animes stifle themselves with their own format, Kino's Journey utilizes its structure to expand itself, each new country bringing with it a new reflection of humanity, making for one of the most thoughtful and thought-provoking anime of all time. Beautiful pastel worlds spread before your eyes, enigmatic countries which are slowly unraveled with the greatest care. Each new episode stands on its own, but continues to grow with its predecessors, ending with a resounding whisper which leaves your mind continuing to wonder.

9. Mushishi-- Mushishi is a perfect example of old-time storytelling done right. As each new episode brings with it a new Mushishi and a new tale, you are taken back to the days of bards and tales told 'round campfires by wandering wordsmiths. Each story gives you the impression of being didactic, but leaves you open to wonder if it really was, and, if so, what the lesson you were supposed to learn truly is.

10. Witch Hunter Robin-- While my tenth spot could easily change almost every day, one series that routinely heralds the number ten as its own is Witch Hunter Robin. Though it suffers from a rather weak ending and though some of its supernatural action scenes are surprisingly mundane, Witch Hunter Robin redeems itself in just about every other way. The soundtrack, while not necessarily the sort of thing you're likely to loop in your CD player for hours, accomplishes its goals in the series remarkably well, and is never obtrusive or bothersome. The animation is some of the best around, particularly the use of facial expressions and body language in place of spoken lines, and remains one of the few shows to utilize silence well.

Top 10 Favorite Shows--These shows are simply the ones I happen to like the most, and so the reasoning behind them is much more abstract and personal, if I can even point out a reason. This list, too, shifts about a fair amount, often reflecting what I happened to have watched recently, but has continued to maintain something of its own shape.

1. Lucky Star-- Holy shit, I have never enjoyed myself more than while watching Lucky Star. Mix esoteric humor with grand voice-acting and throw in an interesting soundtrack--along with the most absurd OP ever--and you have me completely hooked. I'm not going to even bother addressing the similarities to Azumanga Daioh aside from saying that they are dramatically overplayed, and I'll leave it at that.

2. Shakugan no Shana-- Shana has plenty of good things going for it, but it simply doesn't have what it takes to hang in the top ten. However, it's easily one of my personal favorites, and I continue to enjoy it. Note: This is only the first season, as the second season has not finished so I cannot say yet.

3. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-- Before Lucky Star there was Haruhi, and God--or at least whatever semblance of God existed before Haruhi took her rightful place--saw that it was good. I have seen Haruhi perhaps more than almost any other series, and I still continue to enjoy it, time after time.

4. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (first season and A's. Even my Nanoha fanboy-ness couldn't make StrikerS not taste like ass)-- I've never really been a big fan of the magical girl genre in general, although there are plenty of its members I have enjoyed immensely, but Nanoha really did it for me. Along with some badass action scenes I was treated with plenty of simple but endearing emotional drama and cute girly antics.

5. Kamichu!-- Kamichu is probably the cutest series known to man, but it isn't obnoxious about it. Similar to a Miyazaki movie, Kamichu abounds with magical wonder that makes the child in all of us giggle with glee. MAKO as Yurie really delivers across the board, and her performance mixed with the great animation and endearing stories of the series made me giggle with glee, too.

6. Haibane Renmei-- Every time I watch Haibane Renmei I am reminded why I started watching anime in the first place, and all the jeers I've received because of it and all the things I have sacrificed to it don't sting quite so much. Haibane Renmei makes me feel at peace with myself, even if it has more or less no plotline to speak--or perhaps because?

7. NHK ni Youkoso!-- I've already raved about NHK plenty in the other section, so I won't go on at length, but even when it struggles to find its groove and I take points off on my little points-taker-offer, I loved every minute of NHK.

8. Aria the Animation-- When I first heard of Aria(it's an anime about gondoliering!) I never imagined I would like it as much as I did. And even though my friends and roommates constantly jeer the notion, Aria is a beautiful series to behold. Every light-hearted encounter and lovable character culminating in a beautiful product I cannot et enough of. I haven't finished Natural yet, but so far I've loved it, too.

9. Cardcaptor Sakura-- Holy god, if ever there was a show to illustrate the difference between critical and personal opinion, this is it. Even as a I find my critical eye affronted with all sorts of stereotypes, flat characters, and bubblegummy feel good nonsense, I find myself smiling all the while, and hitting play again scarcely after finishing it once. There are plenty of reasons I love Cardcaptor Sakura, but none of them are particularly reasonable =P.

10. Kino's Journey-- Kino's Journey was the first anime I owned in its entirety on DVD, and as a landmark title of that sort it has continued to stay with me throughout the years. Every story in the series really strikes a chord, in one way or another, and I cannot get enough of the interaction between Kino and Hermes.

So, I suppose that was rather long, but perhaps I have done my part in helping this topic not to get axed. I hope that everyone else will also provide descriptions for their choices, both so the topic is not axed and also because it really is not all that interesting to read a list.
"A geek is a person, male or female, with an abiding, obsessive, self-effacing, even self-destroying love for something besides status."
--D.B. Weiss, Lucky Wander Boy
My anime review blog.

Many thanks to Alwerien for the claim banner.
Jan 25, 2008 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
hmm... well this is pretty hard since including movies, picking only 10 to be on a list means a lot of stuff that's just as deserving will probably be left off :|

I'll try not to write too much as I think that's for reviews of the work.

1.) Studio Ghibli.

I know this isn't an anime. I just thought the studio and all their work deserved mention at this spot. They consistently produce work that easily sits close to or at the pinnacle of anime in terms of overall quality - animation, music, etc. What's more impressive is that their work consistently hits deep in terms of the impression it leaves on your senses and in your heart. A lot of stuff can be enjoyable. Only the best is unforgettable. I like to say that despite what science will prove, we enjoy things with our brain and truly remember things with our heart. Studio Ghibli's work goes that extra distance.

2.) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

It's here for just how complete it was despite it being in kind of a niche genre. Animation wasn't great in terms of quality but the style and feel fit perfectly within what the anime was trying to do. Lots of anime have very lovable characters that you can deeply feel for but TTGL also had the characters that you could hate... and oh god did I hate rossiu at the time. In the end, it was just very easy to enjoy because of how real it portrayed things like emotions despite how wonderfully fictional it was.

and most importantly... Yoko was blazing hot.

3.) Neon Genesis Evangelion and all associated work.

The most impressive part about NGE is how well everything about it has stood the test of time and stayed at the top of its genre. Watching it again about 3 months ago, the animation was still pretty good even by today's standards and the music has some of the most memorable anime tracks I've heard. The themes and the emotions displayed throughout are still very much relevant (and possibly even more relevant) now.

4.) Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo.

I think one of the more important foundations for a great and touching story is universal themes that people can embrace and accept on a very personal level. Toki Kakeru Shoujo had just that and a cast of characters that while not developed or explained all that deeply were still very charming and likable.

5.) Cowboy Bebop.

One of the first titles that I watched where so many things were meshed together in such a flawlessly coordinated way. The animation, music, and characters all thrived off of each other, twisted into a cohesive rhythm that just grabbed your senses, and combined to be much more than the sum of the parts. The episodic nature was appropriate in my opinion as it embodied the freshness and spirit of the show.

6.) The first 19 episodes of Kare Kano.

I suppose this is cheating but this definately deserved mention somewhere. It's easily the best Shoujo-based anime I've watched and did so many things right. A lot of people will criticize the animation of Kare Kano but I'll flat out claim that when only looking at the first 19 episodes, they couldn't be more wrong in saying that it was bad. A very large factor in animation is style and appropriateness. The way they used the manga inserts and text inserts was very successful in controlling the flow, pacing, and atmosphere of the anime as well as highlighting and retaining flashes of its shoujo air in a style of animation that's otherwise packed with energy and life. Given the genre and the nature of the story, it was very appropriate and even realistic. The characters were genuinely believable people and the story was also progressing great before it entered the phase that must not be mentioned.

7.) Samurai Champloo

Pretty much everything I wrote about Cowboy Bebop applies here. Add in the fact that it did an excellent job in tying together its episodic plots into a larger, continuous journey. The humor in champloo was also epic. It's only downfall is its weak ending in comparison to Cowboy Bebop.

8.) FLCL

Well, everything I can say to back this up is written in the review I wrote and submitted. I really don't have much left to say here that you wouldn't get out of reading that.

9.) Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex with associated work as backing.

Another episodic show like Champloo that did a great job with keeping its individual plots tied into a larger scheme. Great animation, great music, and a deeper, more mature plot that delved deeper into more serious themes. Another anime on this list that, in my opinion, is the clear leader in its genre / similar anime.

10.) Top wo Nerae 1+2... but primarily Top wo Nerae 2.

My recent review. This was a hard choice as I could've just as easily put a lot of other works here (like Lucky Star, N.H.K. ni Youkoso, Mushishi, etc.) and it's true that this genre is probably over represented in my top 10 given how it's not even the genre I enjoy the most... but I suppose in the end, the enjoyment I experienced watching these shows probably pushed it into this spot despite some of its shortcomings in things like character development or story. The raw energy and explosive excitement coupled with the art, design, music, and it's relationship to the prequel are immediately enjoyable.
removed-userJan 25, 2008 1:20 PM
Jan 25, 2008 1:34 PM

Dec 2007
1. Fullmetal Alchemist
2. Ah! My Goddess Movie
3. Cowboy Beebop Movie
4. Appleseed
5. Fullmetal Alchemist
6. Gunslinger Girl
7. Saikano
8. Haibane Renmei
9. Place Promised In Our Early Days
10. Howl's Moving Castle
Jan 25, 2008 5:10 PM

Sep 2007
It's always tough to give a top 10 list, but here we go...

10. Final Fantasy Advent Children - Having grown up with the FF series (the original game was my favourite birthday present on turning 10), and always having a particular fondness for the 7th installment - probably the game I've replayed the most times of any - I can't help but start off my top 10 with this one. The story was solid and did a decent job of rounding out and giving some closure to the character's storylines, and Aeris's portrayal alone in full CG was easily worth the price of the DVD.

9. Vision of Escaflowne - A classic, and one that I feel in many ways is under-rated. It's Alice in Wonderland meets mecha, and with excellent pacing and a fulfilling ending, it certainly earns a place in my top 10.

8. Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien - There are times when you that think things for you are bad, and then all you have to do is watch a little KGNE (or perhaps Saikano if you're really feeling down) to put things back in perspective. Right from the beginning, you know somebody's going to get hurt pretty badly, and right up until the end, you're left wondering who's ultimately going to take the fall. The debates I've seen over the ending to this series are probably some of the most passionate I've seen on anime boards, and that's a good thing. The comic relief exemplified by the Ayu/Mayu duo also provide a refreshing (and at many times, desperately needed) contrast to this series - I found myself laughing a lot in these sections, not because what was going on was particularly funny, but rather just because this series can make you *need* to laugh after some of its darker sections.

7. Honey and Clover - Of all the anime series I've seen, this one reminds me the most of my undergraduate studies, and what it's like to be going through what's often both the happiest and hardest time in a person's life - with threatening uncertainties (and simple pleasures) abound. Yamada and Shuji's characters and storylines stood out for me as being particularly interesting, and the animation is also very well-done.

6. 5 Centimeters Per Second - Only saw this one recently, but it instantly vaulted its way into my top 10. I loved Beyond the Clouds and some of Shinkai's other work, but this one has to be my favourite. Could find myself relating a lot to the characters, and the animation quality is just miles ahead of anything else I've seen. If Japan is even half as beautiful as this anime makes it look, I'll seriously consider biting the bullet and spending my next vacation in the land of the rising sun.

5. Gundam Seed - One of the first "modern" animes I watched, it's here because while it can be painfully clichéd at times and suffers from a few too many recap sequences and pink explosions (piloting a "normal" mech in a gundam series sucks even more than being Ensign so-and-so on Trek who you know isn't going to get beamed back up!), it was nevertheless one of those series where I found myself watching 5-6 episodes at once during extended "study breaks" in my undergrad. A sentimental favourite.

4. Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) - I don't normally tend to like series set in high school as much as ones where the characters are a little older and mature, but this one really grew on me as well - the class dynamic that runs throughout the series gave me an impression of Japan I hadn't thought a lot about before - it's by no means the stuff of "Great Expectations," but for an anime series, it comes pretty darn close.

3. NANA - This series is outstanding in so many fields, but its music and characters definitely stand out as markedly superior to many of its contemporary competitors. Its OP's/ED's are probably my consistently favourite soundtrack from any series, and the stark contrast and interplay between the 2 Nana's was a pleasure to watch. This series is far more than just Japan's "The Odd Couple" - and I would hazard to say it will stand as one of the better series of the decade.

2. Rahxephon - Mecha is what started me into anime, and this particular series has always drawn me in more than others - while many will label it a NGE clone, which in is not an entirely inaccurate portrayal, for me Rahxephon was ultimately much more polished and fulfilling. The moniker aside, sometimes the destination is also just as important as the journey.

1. Maison Ikkoku - I've always been partial to longer series (when they stay strong) and this one has to take the cake - it strikes an absolutely perfect balance of drama, humour, slice of life, and characters that continuously grow on you as the series progresses. Watching Godai and Kyoko evolve and come to terms with their own selves is perhaps even more rewarding than watching the relationship between them grow over the epic 96 episodes (which for the genre, I believe has not yet been surpassed). It's older, and a much grittier image of what life in Japan is actually like (if 5cm is my tourist visa, MI is my reality check) and not talked about as much as it should be on boards like these, but a must-see, and my favourite anime of all time.
Jan 25, 2008 6:30 PM

Aug 2007
I can't really describe what I love about this anime. The plot is extremely confusing (I mean that in a good way) at first, which keeps you watching and makes you want to know what the hell is going on here at all costs, and when you think you figured it out, BAM !!, you got another confusing element, and you're puzzled, which keeps you watching, and the cycle goes on over and over again... The animation quality might not be that good, but that's just why Higurashi is what it is. People usually say "Woah, that show scares the crap outta me !!", and I honestly don't understand them. That show isn't scary at all. It makes you extremely nervous, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's scary, no. And another thing that's troubling me is that most people say "Higurashi = KILLER LOLI". That's seriously pissing me off. Higurashi isn't about killer lolis, guys. You gotta understand this. The story is a lot deeper than just cute little girls going crazy and yelling USODA. Unfortunately, I really think this series is underrated.
Kai was very good, but not as good as the first one, in my opinion. It relatively did a good job in answering all those questions, but there was barely any suspense like in the first season. In Kai, Higurashi lost what made it so different compared to your average animes. When I listen to the first season's opening, you just can't imagine how nostalgic I am. Damn, I wished there were more animes like that. It's the very first series that moved me so much that I downloaded every single chapter of the manga that have been translated in english so far, and bought the three games : Higurashi, Kai, and Rei. And I'm also trying to complete my DVD collection of Higurashi, although it's a little more difficult because I asked someone in France (there was no way I was going to buy it in America. Man, the english dub is awful) to buy and send the first one to me, which means that I have to wait a long time until I go back over there and complete my collection. Anyway, off topic...

2. Kanon
A tough one... There are a lot of animes I think would deserve the second place, but I had to choose one, and only one. And for me, Kanon deserves this title. What can I say ? The chara-designs are perfect, the animation seems to yell "WE GOT BUDGET", they kept the orginal musics, they did an excellent job in fitting all of the girls' paths into 24 episodes... I mean, come on. Who wouldn't say it was a masterpiece, for crying out loud ? That's one of those animes that makes me cry, you know. And I don't cry easily. One of those animes where the end makes you think about a lot of things. And that's Kanon for ya.

3. ef - a tale of memories
The anime with the most beautiful end of all times. The last episode was so epic I cried like a little baby. Plus, it was animated by Shaft. It had a great storyline, with things that make you stop for a minute and think, and with mysterious characters that are just there and pop out every once in a while somewhere (i.e. Yuko) in the middle of the episode, and yet you still feel satisfied at the end even when there is still very little, or even no informations about them. I gotta give a big thumb up to Renji after the last episode.

4. Lucky Star
A classic. Even though there were a bit too much SHnY references and parodies in it, it was still epic. Unfortunately that's not the kind of anime you can show to your non-otaku friends, because obviously you need a little otaku knowledge if you decide to watch Lucky Star ^^'. Some of the references are really obvious, while for some others you have to really pay attention to what is said to really get it. And, that's pretty much it. Lucky Star, that's a nice mix of slice of life, otaku jokes, and animes references. A must watch.

5. Clannad
Not done airing yet, but I just know it's going to be in my top 5 anyway. I loved all of Key's works. After Air and Kanon, I just had to watch Clannad, or else I wouldn't be consider a fan. And so far, I gotta say I love it. In the end, if you think about it, it's just your typical harem anime, with a cool guy surrounded by cute high school girls. But Clannad... it's Clannad. It's a harem show approached much more differently, with this idea of family (Clannad = family in Irish). Unlike most of harem Visual Novels, even when you're in a certain girl's path, you still have all the others around you. Let's take Kanon as an example. In Mai's story, Ayu has barely any screen time. It goes for Shiori as well. While in Clannad, it's like a family, as I said before. And man, this show is funny as hell. I laugh my ass off in every episode (except in the ones that end one girl's story, which are supposed to be a little tragic). I also think this is the only anime where I just cannot choose a favorite. I used to love Kotomi, but now it really is difficult to choose one in particular. Nagisa is darn cute. Tomoyo is my type of girl (I mean, if I was a guy it would be. I'm sure you understand), and for whatever reason she reminds me SO much of Tsugumi in Ever 17. I mean, REALLY. And I'm fond of Tsugumi. Then there's starfish girl, aka Fuko. Her voice is the cutest. And there's Kotomi-chan. She's moe. Don't question it. And Ryou. I didn't really care about her in the first episodes, but I'm starting to like her a lot. And Kyou. Your average energetic, tsundere girl. Add pigtails and you pretty much get a second Kagami. And I love Kagami. In most harem animes, there's always one girl you hate. Always. In Clannad though, you just can't. It's impossible.

6. Kannazuki no Miko
The mecha elements aside, Kannazuki was one beautiful yuri story. It would have been even more beautiful without those ugly robots. Yeah, mechas they're called. Damn I hate those things. They're ruining the most wonderful love story of all times. And Souma... I wish he could have died. Seriously, I hate this guy. I hate him. I hate him. I HATE HIM. He dared to try to steal Himeko from Chikane. He doesn't deserve to live. And the fans of SoumaxHimeko don't either. Kannazuki is Kannazuki because of ChikanexHimeko. Ah, Chikaneeeee~~ *fangirl moment*
Anyway. Even though KnM doesn't seem to have a great plot (and honestly I think it doesn't), if you add a little yuri touch to everything, the anime becomes epic. And it had a beautiful ending. I couldn't have wished for a better end. Of course it makes you think "DARN IT, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END NOW ?!!! I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED !!!", but it was wonderful. To see the both of them together again because they fought to remember, it's wonderful. You can't imagine how much I cried.

7. Air
Er, tough one to describe... How can I put this... Well, Air is probably one of most confusing anime ever (in a good way), that's for sure. You think everything's going to be answered at the end, when actually it's the opposite; you get even more confused. The plot is unique, the animation is superb (as you can expect from KyoAni)... And again, I cried at the end. It's so sad to realize that Misuzu's fate was decided since the very beginning. What really happened to Kanna, Yukito, and who are those mysterous kids, we have no clue. It's up to our imagination once again.

8. Maria-sama Ga Miteru
Marimite. One of those sweet animes that are slow and cheezy, but yet you keep watching it for an unknown reason. I actually like those kind of animes, because almost everything is only hinted. By everything, I mean the relationships between the characters. And that's what make Marimite truly unique. If there's more than just friendship in Yumi and Sachiko's realtionships, we'll never know. It's up to our imagination. I am so looking forward to the fourth season.

9. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
... The first two seasons, at least. At the beginning, Nanoha was nothing more and nothing less than your typical magical girl series. A normal little girl meets a cute little animal who gives her the power to fight the evil and eventually collect some nice looking objects. I watched it out of boredom, one day. Nanoha was cute, and was voiced by Yukarin, so I had no choice but to keep watching. And then, when Fate showed up, it got a bit more interesting. When you think about it, it was nothing out of the ordinary; suddenly you happen to have a rival, surprinsingly from the same age as you, it seems, who collects as well those stars thingy to fulfill an unknown, dark purpose. But I liked Fate a lot, so I kept watching. And surprisingly enough, it turned out to be great. The plot was so common it could make you throw up, and even so I loved it, like tons of other people. One reason was probably the animation. The battles were a pleasure to watch. Seriously. So then I moved on to the second season. Again, I was completely satisfied. And then... there was this alien who came out of nowhere, with absolutely no plot... and it was called Strikers. Honestly, it was the biggest disappointment of 2007. I'm sorry if there are some fans over here, but come on. Was that supposed to be a joke or what ?

10. Rozen Maiden
An excellent series as well. Gin-sama FTW. I'm tired of writing...

And of course there are a bunch of other animes I really enjoyed, like Minami-ke, Ouran High School Host Club, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Mai-HiME (but certainly NOT Mai Otome. Don't you dare pronounce the name of this shit in front of me), Gravitation, Erementar Gerad, Chrno Crusade, Simoun, Strawberry Panic, SHnY, Love Hina, Doujin Work, Death Note (well, the first part at least)...
FeatherineBJan 25, 2008 6:42 PM
Jan 25, 2008 8:53 PM

Feb 2007
edit: now that I've finished monster...

Complete

11.Studio Ghibli 8-9/10 :P
Not an anime, I don't care. This one is pretty obvious... Ghibli owns.
^ kicked off list due to Monster :P

10.Samurai Champloo 9/10
Man, this was a good anime. Perhaps not 10/10 material, but pretty damn close. I too loved the baseball episode, and I fucking HATE baseball :P! I loved the characters-and the fighting was very cool. Also, very funny~ Plus, it had great animation and great music. I thought it was pretty fucking cool how they mixed modern and ancient Japan :3

--- 10/10 list---
9.Darker Than Black 10/10
I gave this 10/10 mainly because of the characters. I LOVE HEI AND YIN. I would marry them both. I would give my life for them. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. I also love Kirihara and November 11, for without them, the show would have seriously lacked in awesome. We must not forget Mao, who is awesome and cute :3, and Huang who was really a great guy. Also, we cannot forget the hilarious Kiko and Detective Gai. They were pretty funny. Also, all those side characters, you were all great, even if I hated you because you were evil. Like that elf guy. You rocked even though I wanted you to die. Amber was cool, even though she was trying to be C.C. :P
As you can tell, I am seriously attached to these characters. So moving away from that reason, I also must say the plot was great! Also, so was the animation and OP/ED.
But man, Hei and Yin seriously do win. If Yin does not make it very far in MAL MOE I am going to go berserk and kill EVERYONE.

I know where you live, I will kill you!!!!!!

Now I've lost it, I know I can kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *glares*

8.Azumanga Daioh 10/10
Seriously funny. Only to be defeated by Yotsuba in pure slice of life hilarity. Too bad Yotsuba isn't an anime :P I know Kimura made me practically fall off my chair laughing. Man, I want to watch this again ><
7.Cowboy Bebop 10/10
Cowboy Bebop is classic greatness. After watching this, I became obsessed with Spike. >< It's one of the best episodic animes ever. (Not sure if I can classify the others as episodic... unless you'd call Haruhi episodic.. though that's more the order ><). I don't know what else I can say, it's fucking COWBOY BEBOP. Love it, or hate it..... I don't know.. It's just great. Spike FTFW.
6.Baccano! 10/10
Not sure what to say about this anime. I loved it. It was a great mixture of violence and comedy. So many characters, most of them I loved. This anime really had a strong plot which was very interesting. It's only flaw was being 13 and not 26 episodes. I wish it had lasted so much longer~
5.RahXephon 10/10
First TV anime I ever completed with subs(watched naruto firsts, but I dropped it, then started RahXephon :P). So obviously it holds a special place in my heart. The OP, Hemisphere was just so amazing to me that it alone won me over on Anime. I loved it as well as the ED, and I never skipped them even though I wanted to watch the next episode really badly. Everytime I was watching this show, I felt it was just so special. For me, it's the best mecha ever. Best Science Fiction anime, as well! I loved all the characters, the intricate plot, the animation. Yeah...
4.Ef- A Tale of Memories 10/10
This was an emotional roller coaster, done by good ol' shaft. This show really excelled artistically. I loved the style. The angles, beautiful scenery, solid animation, music, script... it was as if every scene had great thought put into it. The stories were well executed, and interesting. Great Characters, as well.
3.Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 10/10
I almost placed this as number 1, but KyoAni animation is just too beautiful. However, I think Higurashi's only weakness-it's animation-also turned into one of it's strengths. I doubt real people could never contort their faces to look as twisted as an angry higurashi character- but their twisted faces suit their twisted personalities. I love violent gory anime and this was the best violent anime I have ever seen. Rena could beat the living shit out of Lucy; I don't care what you say! :>
2.The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 10/10
I did not choose this as number 1 It's number 2 now.. xD simply because I am a KyoAni fanboi (er, fangirl in my case :P). As you'll notice, no other complete KyoAni work even made this list! I feel somewhat lame for putting this on the top of my list, since I know a lot of people love it (and I like to be different from people :P). But I really don't care, since for once the majority has good taste. Of course, if you don't like it-or feel it's overrated, I bet you're right! But, personally, I loved it. I even loved episode 0 (the first one)-and I probably would have enjoyed it if the entire anime was like that :P. It was perfect in all categories, for me. It also helps that I have a thing for Kyon! Hell, I'd go gay for Yuki. I guess I like it because I wish my life was that crazy. I bet you wish it too! :>
1.Monster 10/10
Right now I am too shocked at how awesome this is to even say why I love this. It was the best anime I have ever seen.

Top 10 incomplete anime!

9..Denno Coil Score: N/A Eps Seen: 1/26
Most potential ever.
8.Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Score: 8/10 Eps Seen: 8/27
I need to get past ep 8. I love the animation as well <333 ps. yoko is HOT.
7.Terra e... Score: N/A (possible range 8-10/10) Eps seen: 4/24
I need to watch more of this now!!!! The plot looks so good!!! *smacks self*
6.Sketchbook score: 9/10 Eps seen: 7/13
Very cute slice of life with cute kitties~ :3
I like the pastel look and the relaxing OP :D
5.Kaiji score: 9/10 (still VERY possible 10/10) 11/26
Kaiji is VERY INTENSE. Don't be put off by it's harsh animation.. it's fucking awesome!
4.Shion no Ou score: 9/10 (still VERY possible 10/10) Eps seen: 9/?
Traps ftw~ Saito ftw~ I love Shion no Ou... it's so intense, and I like it's somewhat unique art style :D Must also catch up in this~
3.Moyashimon score: 9/10 (still VERY possible 10/10) eps seen: 6/11
HILARIOUS AND CUTE! I need to catch up in this show, now. ps. OP/ED fucking WIN.. as does the Animation.
Microbes are COOL!
2.Clannad score: 10/10 Eps seen: 13/24
I love Kotomi-chan, Tomoyo and Kyou! <3333 Also, Sunohara is hilarious.. and Tomoya is great :3
My favourite Key x KyoAni project so far!
1.Hellsing Ultimate score: 10/10 Eps seen: 3/?
Best OVA ever. Each episode follows very closely with a volume of the manga, which I love. I like the animation, it's much superior to the TV series.

---moved to complete section---
1.Monster score: 10/10 Eps seen: 64/74 (when I wrote this :P)
I would be watching this right now.. but the file for ep 65 was dead so now I have to wait for the torrents. T_T
Monster is amazing, I am planning to put it on my top 5.. sadly I will have to kick off Baccano!, but Baccano understands where I am coming from, I'm sure :P
SY_IS_DEAD_IRLJan 26, 2008 7:04 PM
Jan 26, 2008 6:57 PM

Sep 2007
10. Saiunkoku Monogatari
A really good shoujo series, mainly because of the main character. Instead of the normal type of weak girls that fall for pretty boys at once, the main character has an interesting and independent personality, and the storyline follows the main character's way to fufill her dream, while fighting the society's prejudices.

9. Full Metal Alchemist
even though this series seem a bit odd, since most of my other favourites are romance series, this series was really good. I really liked the story, it was fun where it needed to be, great story, likeable characters and good sound.

8. Haibane Renmei
This series was very special. First of all, it's really mysterious, secondly, it was damn sad too. It was a really good series that had me captured from the opening from the first episode till the last second of the last episode. We get to see really well thought and special characters.

7. Ouran High school Host Club
This whole show can be described in one word. Hilarious! I really liked Haruhi's personlaity and comments, and every single member of the host club was likeable and funny. Especially tamaki. It is definetly the best comedy show I've watched, and I wish there was a second season to it.

6. AIR
I saw this series not long after I starte watching anime, and it still has a special place in my heart. First of all, the animation is reallly nice, and the story was just so good. I actually liked all the girl's arc, and it was so sad. The sound was beautiful and lovely. Mizusu's arc was of course the saddest, but I found all the girl's arc a bit sad. What make this anime so special is probabably the fact that it is about being in the sky, or wanting to be in the sky, and the fact that Mizus fate is decided even before it started is too sad.

5. Tsubasa Chronicle
I haven't read the manga, so that's probably why I like it so much more than people whio have read it. The story is by CLAMP, and I really liked it. The sound was just amaingly good sometimes, and even though the series never get's a real conclusion, it realy is good. Yes, it can become a bit repetative, but the fact that Syaoran actually gives up his most precious thing for Sakura is so touching. I like all of the characters, and the story has a nice animation and good fighting scenes.

4. Higurashi no naku koro ni kai
This one is actually a bit peculiar, since i usually like shoujo/romance stuff more, but this series was really good. The charcters are great, and the opening and ending song are good too. This series was really intensive and had me hooked on it from the beginning. We finally get the answers to the first season, and the scenes and story are just so well thought of, with such good villans and setting. It was realy awesome. Best anime for me from 2007.

3. Full moon wo sagashite
I can't actually say much about it. It is based on the manga from arina tanemura, and since I really like her works, this is a really good series. I don't know how to say this without spoilers, but the fact that mitsuki decides to follow her dream instead of starting to become depresed when she finds out that she only has one year left to live, is really amazing. And the fact that she does it for the one she love is also nice. It's really sad that she looses the one she really loves.

2. Princess Tutu
This series was really, really good. Even though the animation can seem a bit simple and childish, it has a charm that is unice. Each of the main character's development throughout the series is amazing. The show starts of in a light tone, but becomes really deep and emotional deeper in. Identity conflicts, not knowing who or what you are, and wanting to defeat your fate. This is some problems that Princess Tutu deals with. The series contains lot's of ballet, and weget to see how the characters mature and develop while dancing. Ahiru is a really good lead. She want's to help the one she loves, while knowing that she can never be with him. Then we have have Rue. She is truly a proof of what someone is willing to do in order not to loose the one she loves. And Fakir, who tries to help and protect his best friend, while fighting his role. So, as you can see, i really like this series, and the bittersweet ending makes it even better.

1. Chono Crusade
This anime is the best anime I've evewr watched. It has both action, comedy, good sound, well thoughtof characters, and a really captivating story. Rosette is fighting both the short time she know has left to live, and fighting to find her brother. It is really touching to see how she cares for her brother. And of course we have Chrono. Chrono is a demon, but also a sinner, and he has a really captivating backgound. The fact that Chrono and Rosette stand by each other and supports each other so much as they do, is really admiring. The story starts of with comedy, but becomes very dramatic and sad. It is so good that I think it's hard to put into words.. The turn things take later on in the series is just heartbreaking and very captivating. The ending is the saddest and most well concluded ending I've seen to an anime series. Even though it is supposed to be a happy ending, it is really bittersweet. I just love this series so much, i don't think I can explain it so well here.. but i just love it <3 10/10, 'cause this is really a masterpiece.
Jan 28, 2008 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
I don't really like putting in any particular order so here goes

Fullmetal Alchemist
My Hime
School Rumble
Seto No Hanayome
Code Geass
Mahoromatic
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Full Metal Panic!
Read or Die
Jan 28, 2008 9:02 PM

Oct 2007
ensatsu-ken said:
Yu Yu Hakusho- An extremely underrated anime
lol

1. Bokurano
2. Kidou Senkan Nadesico
3. Scrapped Princess
4. Yuusha-o GaoGaiGar
5. Meioh Project Zeorymer
6. Yuusha-o GaoGaiGar -THE FINAL- Grand Glorious Gathering
7. Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
8. The Big O
9. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
10. Kidou Senkan Nadesico -the prince of darkness-
Feb 8, 2008 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
1.Ouran High School Host Club
2.Naruto
3.Nana
4.Kanon
5.Bokura Ga Ita
6.Lucky Star
7.Air
8.ef - a tale of memories
9.Elfen Lied
10.Death Note
porkcutletbowlMay 29, 2008 10:31 AM
Feb 8, 2008 6:02 AM

Nov 2007
I have more than 10 series I've given 10/10 on my list, though there are some among that bunch that really are my very favourites. I can't give a strict order to them since it changes on my mood, but for series I like the absolute very top most...

1) Scrapped Princess.
2) PlanetES.
3)xxxHolic... and most CLAMP series; CCS, Chobits, Angelic Layer.
4) Genshiken.
5) Lucky Star (can pretty much put all the seinen slice of life/comedies with girls here. Azumanga, Ichigo Mashimaro, Hidamari Sketch, Minami-ke though LS and IM are the best)
6) GTO
7) School Rumble
8) Rescue Wings
9) Elfen Lied
10) Juuni Kokki.

I tend to list my favourites by genre instead of making lists like this though, this is too hard. >.< Ask me favourite scifi, or action, or comedy, or whatever and I could give better lists.
Feb 8, 2008 6:58 AM

Dec 2007
Kind of difficult to place 02-10.

1. Berserk
2. Death Note
3. Samurai Champloo
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
5. Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
6. Ninja Scroll (Movie)
7. Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (Tsuiokuhen)
8. Baccano!
9. Last Exile
10. Akira

Of course this all subject to change since I haven't seen every anime I plan on watching.
Feb 8, 2008 11:06 AM

Feb 2008
My current Top 10:
1- Code Geass
2- Death Note
3- Tengen Toppa Gureen Lagann
4- CLANNAD
5- One Piece
6- Huunter x Hunter (+ the OVAs)
7- BACCANO!
8- Hirashi no Naku Koro ni (+Kai)
9- Planetes
10- Denno Coil (but it most likely be replaced with Lucky Star, once I finish it)
Feb 8, 2008 2:19 PM

Feb 2008
1. Bleach-I cant really explain/now why I love this anime :P
2. Fullmetal Alchemist- one of the best storylines I've ever seen
3. Naruto Shippuuden- love how the series progressed into Shippuuden
4. One Piece- the art style is pretty decent once you get use to it
5. Final Fantasy Advent Children- a good movie for any FF fan
6. Naruto- decent all around anime
7. The Melanchony of Haruhi- awesome anime that makes you get sucked in
8. DBZ- awesome anime up tell the Cell saga
9. Hellsing- pure awesome
10. Black Lagoon
Feb 8, 2008 6:19 PM

Dec 2007
I still have MUCH to watch, but I will rate what I have seen so far.

10. Last Exile - This will definitely be knocked off this list soon, I can't see this as top ten worthy. But, it is still highly enjoyable.

9. Akira - Just a great classic all around.

8. Gantz - A mix of a story that I could never have thought up, a mysterious atmosphere, and sweet psychological goodness!

7. Twelve Kingdoms (Juuni Kokuki) - They have created a deep, thorough fantasy world which has material for indefinite storytelling. It is a relatively long series, a big plus. Although the first 5 or so episodes are a bit slow and rough, you will certainly get past your early prejudices of it.

6. Hellsing Ultimate - HELLS yeah.

5. Gungrave - Not much could be expected from an anime based off of a video game, or so I thought...

4. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - A little bit of every genre is thrown in here. Great characters, great action; highly enjoyable stuff right here.

3. Baccano! - Fast paced non-Jamaican fun. A thrilling 13 episodes.

2. Fullmetal Alchemist

1. Samurai Champloo - Superb soundtrack, style, dialogue, and characters.
DunkyFeb 8, 2008 7:26 PM
Feb 8, 2008 7:39 PM
Dec 2007
1. Vision of Escaflowne - Great adventure with the perfect blend of mecha action and fantasy-themed storytelling. The animation is also a winner for its conveyance of an imaginary realm containing everything you could ask for of its kind.

2. Urusei Yatsura - Comedy classic that contains consecutive amount of everything eccentric and imaginable of its kind. It's also quite influential.

3. Infinite Ryvius - A realistic look at a situation with intense pressure. The struggles of each character is easy to relate to and imagine.

4. Haibane Renmei - Surreal animation, atmosphere, look and feel with a folklore-style story and cast of heartwarming characters.

5. Twelve Kingdoms - A story with a politically-complex system and fine storytelling with interesting multi-dimensional characters. The growth and development of the characters and story is top-notch.

6. Gungrave - A gangster-themed vengeance series that has plenty of action, but also an emotionally-charged plot with a very poignant ending.

7. Welcome to the NHK! - Hysterical comedy, but deeply serious too. The social problems of the main character attracts empathy and a different perspective.

8. Lupin III - Classic adventure with plenty of laughs and wit, as well as slick. This contains distinguishable characters with recognizable traits and likable personalities.

9. Ergo Proxy - A somewhat profound and philosophical concept brewed series with a great visual setting. The animation is also very complementary to the story. It also contains interesting characters.

10. Monster - Arguably the best piece of work produced in Anime ever for its strong story, deeply sympathetic/distinctive characters, plot twists, thrilling drama and psychological concepts.
gOOgOO-PupilsFeb 8, 2008 7:57 PM
Feb 10, 2008 10:53 PM
Dec 2007
sHsIkuA said:
Eh bakaidiot, your top 10 are quite similar with mine lol =)

10. Hunter X Hunter
The series that first make me hook to anime. A very awesome journey and well, I guess the ending is acceptable. The story is well written, in this case, I like it more than Naruto/Bleach and its more original IMHO. The Greed Island part is weird but at the same time, enjoyable. It's like watching someone playing a real life game that can end up killing them. The tournament , the exam, the game, the mission, everything flow perfectly. Gon and Killua are one of the best partners in anime. Kurapica / Leorio are great too. Oh shit, I forgot to mention Hisoka, the creepy magician.

9. Furi Kuri [FLCL]
Short yet masterpiece in my list. Definitely the best OAV ever made. The randomness is at the highest level. No anime that can make me watch so many times yet still don't understand completely WTF is this thing about. The characters are great. The music is awesome (The Pillows rocks). The ending is nothing short of amazing.

8. Neon Genesis Evangelion
The prime example of current anime. Rei Ayanami and Asuka span alot of ripoff. Ever since Eva, alot of Gundam looks less bulky. The ending looks confusing but it's indeed one of the most controversial ending in anime, ever. With the release of 4 Eva movies soon, I can't help to dig this series again.

7. Final Fantasy Advent Children
A must see for any FF fans around the world. I am a little biased here but nonetheless, this movie deserve a mentioned. Awesome fight scene, great character design (hmm Aeris and Reno among my favourite). And the final fight is just too awesome. Who doesn't like Sephiroth xD.

6. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
What can I say. An anime that turned to be a cult culture. Definitely an masterpiece. First episode gives u a big WTF, following by the order of the episode, the concert, the weird cases, Haruhi, Kyon, Haruhi, Rei- Yuki, WIN. If you looking for some unique and enjoyable anime , here it is, along with NHK ni Youkoso.

5. Lucky Star
:3. Many say LS is some sort of AzuDaioh ripoff. But to me, this series is as awesome or better than AD in alot of way. First, you have too much girls that almost fit anyone in the world. There's otaku, tsundere, cute, clumsy, gaijin, fang girl, loli, yuri, quiet, polite. A must see for 4-koma / slice of life lovers. Get past the few early episode and LS will start to shine

4. School Rumble
One word, L O L . Thats what I did the most when watching SR. Anyone looking for a comedy, look no further. This series is gold for anyone who loves comedy. The loves story does feel like getting nowhere though like the OP of the 1st Term, round and round and round. Now, tell me Imadori , what's your favourite plan ? D D D D D D D D

3. Full Metal Panic
Nothing much to say. Obviously this series catered to almost anyone looking for a good anime. You have action/mecha/love/comedy/school life. Sagara Sousuke is a great character. Paired with Chidori, I'll say they are one of the most awesome duo in any anime series to date.
A Warning though, Fumoffu! might killed you due to extreme laughter.

2. NHK ni Youkoso!
I scared myself watching this. Not only it takes alot of real life reference, but also played it well and almost looks like you are watching someone in the real life. How many anime or even shows out there that have MMORPG, Multilevel Marketing, Group Suicide, Galge/Eroge, Otaku/NEET, psychological combined into one fantastic yet have a sense of humor series. A must see for almost anyone, I will recommend this even for those who are not into anime.

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Best super robot show since GaoGaiGar. Too much GARness that makes you "WTF" all the way from the start to the end. All the characters are likable too. You have Kamina the hot blooded leader, Simon a weak character at first but turned out to be a complete hero in the end, Yoko, the gun + girl never looks so good (except Revy from BL lol), Nia, a princess with a great character, and so much more. A story that's always remind me , there are nothing impossible in this world, never try to give up until the end. Raw Raw Fight the Power!
Dai Gurren Dan FTW.

Thank you!

Gawd, I'm sure there are a number of other random people on the web, just surfing around at peoples favourite lists to get an idea of what to watch next. But when people just list out 10 favourites and don't say a bloody word afterwards it doesn't exactly help. If I see a repeating show I'll look it up on Wiki, but your post has been by far the most helpful in this topic.

Now, I'm off to check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and NHK ni Youkoso since you've convinced me they are definitely worth checking out. Might just check out School Rumble as well.

(btw, I also thank you later posters that followed suite, but this was the original post that actually was actually helpful)
Feb 11, 2008 2:48 AM

May 2007
I also think that there's a difference between "favorite" and "best" -- for me at least. "Best" can be figured out going down my completed list in score order. So, these are my top 10 favorites/most enjoyed and why I enjoyed them (since I think it’s pretty easy to find out what they‘re about):**

10. Ouran High School Host Club: Maybe it’s because I’m a girl, but I feel like there’s something about gender bender reverse harems that just seems…super-fun. ;) And there’s something about watching all those oblivious, over-the-top boys preen and strut that just makes me giggle every time. And, well, there’s something about Tamaki squatting in a corner, sulking, that is crazy funny. ^.^

09. Hajime no Ippo: How can you not root for Ippo? He’s so unassuming and hardworking and earnest -- he’s like everyone’s tough little brother. Even if it is predictable… even if it is boxing (boxing, for pete’s sake!), I get sucked in every time. And (this kind of goes for all sports animes) isn’t there just something admirable, impressive and fun to watch about people who work their asses off to become something better than they were?

08. Cromartie High School: It’s just so funny. It is just SO FUNNY. And in a different way than I’m accustomed to seeing in anime. I mean, funny-til-my-stomach-hurts funny. (Of course, this doesn’t make sense if we have different senses of humor, but… *shrug*)

07. Beck: C’mon, if music was a sport, this would be your prototypical sports anime. ;) I’m such a sucker for people who are out chasing their dreams. And even though some of the plot points are utterly ridiculous, I enjoyed the music and I enjoyed their relationships and I enjoyed Koyuki’s little journey towards adulthood. A lot.

06. Lovely Complex: Best romance comedy anime I’ve seen. Hands down. Even when it gets serious, it never gets whiny or irritating -- which is a HUGE plus. I was so attached to the main characters half way through that I smiled when they smiled and frowned when they frowned.

05. Hunter x Hunter: Shounen at it’s best: charismatic and talented main character, completely loveable best friend, over-reaching arc that runs through the whole series and the most likeable “bad guy” in Hisoka I’ve ever seen. There’s a ton of people who love this show, so I’ll leave the rest to them. ;)

04. Mushishi: It’s beautiful beyond words. Even if you hate the rest of it, the art alone… But the rest of it’s good too. The show just… calmly accepts the world as it is and that just really appealed to me.

03. Ookiku Furikabutte: I watch a lot of sports anime and this one is just… different; in tone, in atmosphere, even in color palette. It takes a more intellectual approach to the sport and a … humble tack with the main character. I’m trying to think right now actually, and I can’t think of another sports anime where the main character actually has as little natural athletic ability as Mihashi does. This show revolutionizes the genre.

02. Nodame Cantabile: The music and the characters. What else is there to say? Nodame is half genius and half pig-woman and Chiaki would make a titanium rod look soft. And they need each other and their music so desperately. Beautiful.

01. Cowboy Bebop: The art. The music. The characters. The story. Have you seen it?!? Episode 5 was the episode that opened my eyes to everything that a TV show could and should be… I don’t think I blinked at all after Spike stepped into that cathedral. It was startling. It was pure brilliance.

** Gah, it was hard putting them in an order. The order would probably change day to day, depending on my mood. ;)
lowellFeb 11, 2008 3:01 AM
Feb 11, 2008 9:27 AM

Jan 2008
1. Rose of Versailles
2. REvolutionary girl Utena
3. Berserk
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Sailor Moon
6.Tosho Daimos
7. Death Note
8. DEtective Academy Q
9. Bleach
10. Inuyasha

Feb 11, 2008 9:40 AM

Feb 2008
1.Air(+ movie)
2.Le Portrait de petit Cosette
3.Death Note
4.Fruit Basket
5.Elfen Lied
6.Trigun
7.Kaleido Star
8.Inuyasha
9.Full Metal Panic!(the 3 series)
10.Noir

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Feb 13, 2008 2:20 PM

Nov 2007
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
1. Rurouni Kenshin
3. Clannad
3. Code Geass
5. Kanon 2006
6. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
7. Ef ~tale of memories
8. Death Note
9. Eureka 7
10. Fullmetal Alchemist
Apr 25, 2008 6:04 PM
Nov 2007
AKA Ten anime you think are fundamental to the word itself; or Ten anime everyone should see. Post yours!

My List:
10. Junkers Come Here
Although relatively unknown, this is a beautiful children's anime that can inspire and lift your spirits. Junkers (That's yoon-kasu, folks) is a miniature schnauzer who can grant three 'miracles', or wishes, but he can't remember granting them. The animation is dated, as well as the sound, and the acting in both versions can seem a little fake at times, but the anime as a whole is an incredible package that should be seen by those at both ends of the age spectrum and everywhere in between.
9. Princess Mononoke
Why is there only one Miyazaki film? And why did it place so low? Although Miyazaki is well-known for churning out incredible, fantastic films, at some point you can only watch so much Miyazaki. Before you reach that point, set a few hours aside to watch his greatest work - Mononoke Hime.
8. ARIA the ANIMATION
Even if you dislike the slice-of-life genre, Aria has such a calming effect on the mind that you can't help but smile.
7. Excel Saga
AND THE ANIME WHICH BECOMES A NEW GENRE UNTO ITSELF WILL BE KNOWN AS EXCEL SAGA.
6. 5 Centimeters Per Second
Beautiful animation and a wonderful story come together in a beautiful collision. Although this is a visual masterpiece, after the first 'episode' I became confused as to the viewpoint of the show.
5. Spring and Chaos
Although difficult to find both legally and illegally, if you can get your mitts on a copy of this, then watch it. It's such a mind trip, it brings on such a rush, the art is just amazing - but the English-dubbed version is intensely disappointing. One of few anime I absolutely refuse to watch dubbed.
4. Arashi no Yoru Ni
"One Stormy Night!" From the very start, the fact that an anime marketed for small children could have such violence struck me with the show's charm. It has an incredibly unique animation style that I have yet to see duplicated. If you've compared a video game with terrible graphics to its beautiful concept art, you will know what I'm talking about when I say that One Stormy Night actually looks like its concept art - and this is a very good thing.
3. Tokyo Godfathers
This missed the number two place by just a step, because the climax just seemed unbelievable to me - otherwise, this is better than anything Miyazaki's produced.
2. Cowboy Bebop
Now who couldn't see this coming from twenty miles away. Does this really need an explanation?
1. Kino no Tabi
I first picked up Kino's Journey on a whim from the discount bin at the local Best Buy. It was a box set, with all thirteen episodes, but for thirty dollars - the price of some DVDs - I couldn't pass it up, so I grabbed it. An hour later when I put the first disc in the player, I was absolutely captivated. Kino no Tabi is the first anime that actually made me cry and think at the same time. Not only will you mull over the philosophy behind it, the show will make you ponder life, death, and your actual exsistance. Everything about this is beautiful, from the dub to the animation; even the music and, hell, the credits are captivating.

Honorable Mentions:
Blood: The Last Vampire; Grave of the Fireflies; She and Her Cat; The Boy Who Saw the Wind
011253Apr 25, 2008 6:47 PM
Apr 25, 2008 6:06 PM

Apr 2008
I've not been around the anime scene enough to know for sure. But from the top of my head i'd say Pokemon, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, maybe Love Hina.
Apr 25, 2008 6:36 PM

Apr 2008
My 1 and 2 would probably be the same as the OP. I haven't seen enough yet to feel really qualified, though.
Apr 25, 2008 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
{In No particular order}
1. Pokemon (1st season)
2. Sailor Moon
3. Detective Conan
4. My neighbor Totoro
5. Kiki's delivery service
6. Princess Mononoke
7. Barefoot Gen
8. Grave of the Fireflies
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Sonic

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 20 questions FG edition! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OshieteOshiete0 - Oct 16

354 by Dumb »»
24 seconds ago

» According to your Battery Percentage, How Cute the User Above you? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akihisa - Jan 24, 2017

9045 by OshieteOshiete0 »»
28 seconds ago

» The Last Person To Post In This Thread Wins!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Bee-Sweet - Jun 10

9552 by Phosphorescence »»
50 seconds ago

» ^Say Something About The Person Above You^ V.11 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 24

2710 by tinshard »»
57 seconds ago

» Do you love the user above you? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

End - Jan 3, 2019

1220 by OshieteOshiete0 »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.