Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 4, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Things are really picking up now.

Man, <3 all the boob grabs and cleavage lol.

Judging from this thread it seems they're moving a different direction than the manga? That could make a season 2 unlikely ><
Jun 4, 2012 5:27 PM
Jun 2011
windeen-windy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
abaanda said:
are these ppl raping yuko in the flashback?? i fkin hope not

They better not be, since to change that from the manga (where she wasn't) would be a unneeded change, they already did that in Mirai Nikki, there is no point in adding a rape scene T_T

I haven't seen the manga yet but -(I am curious to read it though when I have time)- from what I've seen here in the episode threads so far indicates that the manga hasn't gotten to this point yet- meaning it hasn't gotten this far.
So how can you say: -("They better not be, since to change that from the manga (where she wasn't) would be a unneeded change")?
Did they rule that out for sure in the manga? They might be working closely with the manga author for all I know. Maybe they author allowed it for a reason, I mean I'm sure when an anime gets beyond a point where the Manga left off, they much need some kind of input from the original creator. So, if it wasn't ruled out and if they haven't shown any or many flash backs from her past how can anyone say it was an "unneeded change"?
Sorry- just confused about that comment since everything else I've read says this is past the manga and no one seems to know what happened to her from reading it.

However, I will say this, usually sacrifices were suppose to be Virgins- if they were sacrifices to gods anyway- so if that was their intention it's not likely they would have raped her.
That being said, she might have wandered into an incident where she witnessed a rape. Or she might have been tortured and then sacrificed.
Dark Yuuko's comments about "Dirty" memories seem to fit with the rape theory though.
And that is what came to my mind when I saw them also, so a lot of us had the same impression.
I'm not really thrilled with that direction either though.
If they were memories of sadness, hatred, regret and so on, I doubt they'd be called dirty, their dark memories, emotions but not "Dirty".
Just my opinions.

yeah i had the exact same thoughts why would she says dirty, but i really hope its not the case :/
Jun 4, 2012 6:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Although rape is overused as an abuse trope...

It looks more like torture.

Also the title containing Otome (i.e. maiden) pretty much implies virginity.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 4, 2012 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
I think the way for the two Yuukos to reintegrate is for Teichi to see what happened to her 60 years ago and still accept and love her. Splitting your personality is one of the ways that victims of abuse (and I think we can probably agree that human sacrifice of an innocent girl is pretty abusive) cope with the trauma. Being in a relationship with a victim of abuse is not for the faint of heart, since you end up having to help them deal with it for a very long time.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 4, 2012 8:38 PM
Oct 2007
Black Rock Yuuko lol. Was that a reference to Haganai (meat)?
Jun 4, 2012 8:44 PM

Apr 2011
Oh man! that ending was amazing. i was so into this episode. cant wait for the next episode
Jun 4, 2012 9:02 PM
Dec 2007
wakka9ca said:
Although rape is overused as an abuse trope...

It looks more like torture.

Also the title containing Otome (i.e. maiden) pretty much implies virginity.
Then again, this is the title of the manga and this is actually going beyond the manga (because they don't plan a sequel and don't want to end with a non-ending is my guess).

Jun 4, 2012 11:49 PM
Apr 2011
Oh man next week Yuuko getting raped, can't wait!
Jun 5, 2012 3:23 AM

May 2010
Is it just me or this episode was the most awkward one so far not that the other ones are not.Yuuko suddenly slapping kirie was so....what to so,annoying?Niiya's reaction was even more annoying.Yuuko fell in water all of a sudden made me laugh but it still was awkward.
Jun 5, 2012 3:46 AM

Aug 2008
fishergirl16 said:
I honestly feel really bad for Shadow Yuuko. She has the right to merge with Yuuko again, because Yuuko is just denying reality and being a coward by trying to stay 'pure'. The only way she'll grow is if she would keep her memories.

Yuuko is stupid. I'm seriously on Shadow Yuuko's side.

And I'm seriously on board with you.
Jun 5, 2012 5:33 AM

Jul 2009
KaitoDash said:
fishergirl16 said:
I honestly feel really bad for Shadow Yuuko. She has the right to merge with Yuuko again, because Yuuko is just denying reality and being a coward by trying to stay 'pure'. The only way she'll grow is if she would keep her memories.

If they merge, Shadow Yuuko will cease to exist... but that's better than existing on the sadness of others
Jun 5, 2012 5:35 AM
Jun 2008
fishergirl16 said:
hey... that sound exactly like me. No wonder I am still virgin ..
Jun 5, 2012 10:09 AM

Mar 2009
Monad said:
Another lovely episode. I really like this anime. I think our main guy is acting wrong. He shouldn't push dark Yuuko away. If he really loves Yuuko then he will accept everything about her. If he accepts the dark Yuuko then Yuuko can stop be afraid of accepting her also and would be finaly able to gain her memories and face her past.

InfiniteDestiny said:
Magicturbo said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
abaanda said:

They better not be, since to change that from the manga (where she wasn't) would be a unneeded change, they already did that in Mirai Nikki, there is no point in adding a rape scene T_T

Thanks for discussing the manga beyond this episode V_V... that spoiled some of what I thought the memories could be

I said it because its not going to be in the memories....all of this is new material, this episode included; tho i suppose some people like you still feel that is spoiling, so i'll just put spoiler tags in the future, my bad.

It doesn't matter if the anime is going a different way(which in the specific subject it might not). Someone might want to read the manga after seeing the anime(like me for example) and you spoiled it. Now i know what NOT to expect while reading new events in the manga that i haven't met in the anime. Why should my manga assumption fun be reduced because you where an ass and spoiled things of the manga? Think a little would you?

I'm pointing this out because I think it might calm down some upset users,I'm not doing it to defend InfiniteDestiny, who upset you guys.
That said, as far as I (Someone who has not read the manga yet) can tell from spoilers I've seen and people I've spoken to here and there- if it wasn't confirmed or denied in the manga then it might very well NOT be an "unneeded change" (As I stated before around page 1 or 2 of this thread)... It was careless of that user to post it. No matter how upsetting the prospect of the situation in-anime might be.

I have not heard of the author confirming or denying this is what happened so in actuality- that spoiler does not really state what isn't in there as the anime has now progressed further than the manga.
For all I know the author might have approved it, or be working very closely with the studio. Until otherwise said I think people should calm down. And yes, it's an upsetting situation if that's what happened to Yuuko- however as far as I know it wasn't confirmed or denied and also those flash backs might have shown something else entirely (Even though they gave most viewers the same impression).
Jun 5, 2012 10:11 AM

Mar 2009
kyled00m said:
KaitoDash said:
fishergirl16 said:

If they merge, Shadow Yuuko will cease to exist... but that's better than existing on the sadness of others

I feel bad for her also- however I know how Yuuko felt to some extent, desiring someone or something to take painful memories away is a very compelling thought for most people I know (Including me) so I think I can sympathize with them both actually.
Jun 5, 2012 10:32 AM

Jul 2009
windeen-windy said:
kyled00m said:
KaitoDash said:
fishergirl16 said:

I feel bad for her also- however I know how Yuuko felt to some extent, desiring someone or something to take painful memories away is a very compelling thought for most people I know (Including me) so I think I can sympathize with them both actually.
You're missing the worst part about what Yuuko experienced..

She was a girl from a well-to-do family (because Kirie's grandma owns the school or something like that it shows...) and she had a broken leg and was pushed or forced into taking the position as a human sacrifice to a deity she may or not have cared for to prevent mass death? (see memorial stone) With a broken leg, she couldn't really climb the stairs and she was imprisoned there at the shrine... she didn't get to kill herself and was alone in a dark place and died to hunger while suffering from her broken leg all together... There's more from what we've seen but it's yet to be fully told...

If you want to say Ghost Yuuko is bad for forsaking her memories, that's one thing... but they are memories of true suffering... They'd have a major impact how she sees others and anyone who learns of them will have a major change in how they treat her, one way or another...
Jun 5, 2012 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
windeen-windy said:

I have not heard of the author confirming or denying this is what happened so in actuality-

It wouldn't be very helpful for the continued publication of the manga if the anime were to reveal major spoilers long before the source reached that point. The manga also seems to be developing in a different direction, including the behavior of the main characters, but we'll have to wait and see. It doesn't resemble the manga very much at the moment.

I'm betting that the anime studio just wanted to wrap up the story in one season as nowadays few studios seem to commit themselves to longer series. In the worst scenario they'll completely diverge from the source as Kuroshitsuji did (for the worse) should they decide to go for a second season.
MatthesJun 5, 2012 11:35 AM
Jun 5, 2012 1:21 PM
Jan 2011
abaanda said:

Well, it kinda look like it or there is a possibility that she was being offered as a human sacrifice.

Last 3 episodes left.
Jun 5, 2012 1:52 PM

Nov 2008
I just got back my old Laser Disc player from the repair shop and tested it out with episode 6 of the original El Hazard OAV series from something like 17 years ago. Sure enough, there is the scene where Makoto stops Ilfurita from killing off Shira Shira by jumping at Ilfurita, grabbing her around the waist, burying his face in between her ample boobs, and going back in time in Ilfurita's memories...

I wonder if any members of the Dusk Maiden animation team were member of the El Hazard team at AIC way back then, or if it's just a case of them being familiar with it... LOL

BTW - the original El Hazard OAV series remains one of my all time favourite anime series.

BTW II - come to think of it, what is harder to love, a ghost or a near-immortal killer robot?
Jun 5, 2012 4:22 PM

May 2011
windeen-windy said:
kyled00m said:
KaitoDash said:
fishergirl16 said:

Yeah, you can imagine the loneliness and sadness of being invisible for 60 years. The original instance of her death also must be traumatic and painful.

On top of it you finally meet someone that can see you and that person you like very much. But while your desperate to cling onto to him, his classmates are purposely or inadvertently blocking you. While normal people wouldn't think that much of it, for someone like Yuuko, who is incredibly lonely, it must get intense fears of jealousy.

Now with all that dark emotion building up year after year wouldn't you want to discard it all?

This is why I feel sympathy for both entities of Yuuko and realize they're one in the same. They're suffering from some type of split personality disorder.
CirrisJun 5, 2012 4:26 PM
Jun 5, 2012 11:41 PM

Oct 2011
Cirris said:
Yeah, you can imagine the loneliness and sadness of being invisible for 60 years. The original instance of her death also must be traumatic and painful.

Yuuko does not perceive time as living people do and she never felt lonely before she met Teiichi, that's something the anime failed to convey but which is repeatedly pointed out in the manga. She also does not remember the circumstances of her death as that is the whole point of the Shadow Yuuko plot so it can't really bother her. The anime treads now in dangerous waters by warping the characters' personalities to something that at author never intended them to be. And as usual I'm not very happy when anime writers take their liberties with the plot and characters.
Jun 6, 2012 12:02 AM

Jul 2009
ErunnoToo said:
Cirris said:

Yuuko does not perceive time as living people do and she never felt lonely before she met Teiichi, that's something the anime failed to convey but which is repeatedly pointed out in the manga. She also does not remember the circumstances of her death as that is the whole point of the Shadow Yuuko plot so it can't really bother her. The anime treads now in dangerous waters by warping the characters' personalities to something that at author never intended them to be. And as usual I'm not very happy when anime writers take their liberties with the plot and characters.
She doesn't feel the passage of time or loneliness because when she does, those feelings are shifted to Shadow Yuuko... Since Shadow Yuuko is the embodiment of Ghost Yuuko's memories & emotions, she is technically feeling all those things... Jealousy is the feeling of having something taken from you and being stranded alone so she is feeling lonely as long as she has memories of anyone she considers special, be it a friend or something more.

Whether you want to accept it or not, she was lonely once she was left at the shrine for dead. She shut off her emotions to free herself from the loneliness and only recently in the anime has she re-acquired those emotions because of Teiichi.
Jun 6, 2012 12:51 AM

Jul 2009
So... why did that idiot try to help her rum from the memories they so desperately tried to retrieve?
Pretty stupid episode in my opinion. Basically, it would be just her memories and emotions returning to here they belong. Why do they make the scene appear so dramatic?
It almost seems like Shadow Yuuko was the villain and Yuuko the victim when it's just the other way round...
Jun 6, 2012 1:07 AM

Jul 2009
animehobbit said:
So... why did that idiot try to help her rum from the memories they so desperately tried to retrieve?
Pretty stupid episode in my opinion. Basically, it would be just her memories and emotions returning to here they belong. Why do they make the scene appear so dramatic?
It almost seems like Shadow Yuuko was the villain and Yuuko the victim when it's just the other way round...
Neither is the villain.. Everyone runs from bad memories after all, always trying to escape them and putting the blame on others... it's human nature. Teiichi understands that Shadow is Ghost's memories but it's complicated... very very complicated.
Jun 6, 2012 1:35 AM

Mar 2009
kyled00m said:
windeen-windy said:
kyled00m said:
KaitoDash said:
fishergirl16 said:

You're missing the worst part about what Yuuko experienced..

She was a girl from a well-to-do family (because Kirie's grandma owns the school or something like that it shows...) and she had a broken leg and was pushed or forced into taking the position as a human sacrifice to a deity she may or not have cared for to prevent mass death? (see memorial stone) With a broken leg, she couldn't really climb the stairs and she was imprisoned there at the shrine... she didn't get to kill herself and was alone in a dark place and died to hunger while suffering from her broken leg all together... There's more from what we've seen but it's yet to be fully told...

If you want to say Ghost Yuuko is bad for forsaking her memories, that's one thing... but they are memories of true suffering... They'd have a major impact how she sees others and anyone who learns of them will have a major change in how they treat her, one way or another...

I didn't say she was bad- I just said I can understand the desire to rid oneself of those painful memories.
I have PTSD (Probably TMI but whatever- not trying to brag, just explain) from past serious traumas when I was in school actually; they effect me every day, effect how I react to people in person and even on MAL and other places on the net. It would have been great to have been able to purge myself of those memories.
But- I can put myself in Shadow Yuuko's place too to some extent as someone who has lived with those painful things. So I can understand her wanting freedom of the hatred and pain and sadness. When you have someone with you to help you through things it makes it a bit more tolerable. Sometimes anyway.
I didn't mean one Yuuko was good and the other was bad.
Just that I can somewhat understand the POV from both of them and I can't really blame either of them for what they want.
Jun 6, 2012 1:38 AM

Mar 2009
ErunnoToo said:
windeen-windy said:

I have not heard of the author confirming or denying this is what happened so in actuality-

It wouldn't be very helpful for the continued publication of the manga if the anime were to reveal major spoilers long before the source reached that point. The manga also seems to be developing in a different direction, including the behavior of the main characters, but we'll have to wait and see. It doesn't resemble the manga very much at the moment.

But no one would know if they were manga spoilers until the manga got there.
However I do understand where your coming from with those points.
Jun 6, 2012 1:44 AM

Mar 2009
kyled00m said:
ErunnoToo said:
Cirris said:

She doesn't feel the passage of time or loneliness because when she does, those feelings are shifted to Shadow Yuuko... Since Shadow Yuuko is the embodiment of Ghost Yuuko's memories & emotions, she is technically feeling all those things... Jealousy is the feeling of having something taken from you and being stranded alone so she is feeling lonely as long as she has memories of anyone she considers special, be it a friend or something more.

Whether you want to accept it or not, she was lonely once she was left at the shrine for dead. She shut off her emotions to free herself from the loneliness and only recently in the anime has she re-acquired those emotions because of Teiichi.

I agree with you there kyled00m- she still felt them, even if she doesn't remember it.
Jun 6, 2012 4:07 AM

Aug 2010
That was some heavy stuff in the flashback, I hope some of it is not what I think it is...
A very good episode with a fine balance between the funny and the serious moments. Can hardly wait for the next episode...4/5.

Took me quite some time to realize they are most likely going to title the last episode Dusk Maiden of Amnesia...
Jun 6, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
Never wright strange things on your test sheet it will only get you into trouble.
Yuuko was such a tease at the start of this episode it was like the only thing she cared about was Teichi and nothing more much to his displeasure.
It was funny seeing her with those emotions tho.

I knew Teichi would get to see Yuuko's emotions when that vengeful ghost went after them still i would like the see all the things that happened to her in that past at the moment it's all a mystery.
Jun 6, 2012 10:01 AM

Dec 2010
oh man. this anime really pisses me off. xD

i should have dropped long a ago. but im gonna finish it since im at 9/12 episodes.
Jun 6, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
Spitfirefly said:
oh man. this anime really pisses me off. xD

i should have dropped long a ago. but im gonna finish it since im at 9/12 episodes.
I don't know why you're so pissed but it's a good story even if it varies from the manga. The fact that it varies lets you see multiple endings and gives you a reason to watch the anime and read the manga, rather than just doing 1 and ignoring the other <3 :)
Jun 6, 2012 10:38 AM

Feb 2012
I pretty sure she wasnt rape, bt since there are alot of people who hate spoilers im gonna stop there.

But do you know what will suck ass even more? If the anime goes on hold for a week like Accel world lol
Jun 6, 2012 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
ZBurn said:
But do you know what will suck ass even more? If the anime goes on hold for a week like Accel world lol
Don't say shit like that, you'll jynx it -_-"
Jun 6, 2012 11:30 AM

May 2008
yes next episode we hopefully find out what really happened to Yuuko!
Jun 6, 2012 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
kyled00m said:
She doesn't feel the passage of time or loneliness because when she does, those feelings are shifted to Shadow Yuuko...

That's certainly possible but so far the manga has not given a definite answer which memories are kept by Shadow Yuuko. Yuuko explicitly stated that before meeting Teiichi, who is apparently the first human she has prolonged contact with, days and nights passed for her in the blink of an eye. It's Teiichi (and the other members of the club to a degree) who gave her a new sense of time. Since she doesn't remember her life she simply didn't know any other form of existence until then.

Jealousy is the feeling of having something taken from you and being stranded alone so she is feeling lonely as long as she has memories of anyone she considers special, be it a friend or something more.

Except that Yuuko never freaked out in the manga in this situation, it's pure invention by the anime authors who make Yuuko behave very out of character for the sake of bringing the plot to a conclusion and to introduce more angst-ridden drama.

Prove by assertion is no prove at all I'm afraid. We know (again from the manga) that she *now* starts to struggle with her undead state and is anxious about the future.
MatthesJun 6, 2012 2:06 PM
Jun 6, 2012 1:35 PM

Jul 2009
ErunnoToo, I understand your arguments but just because it's not explicitly stated, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's the same argument as the tree falling in a forest where no one is... It makes the sound, even if it's not heard. I'm not going to expand on this because we'll just look like fools bickering.
Jun 6, 2012 2:04 PM

Oct 2011
kyled00m said:
ErunnoToo, I understand your arguments but just because it's not explicitly stated, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

But we are talking about a fictional work here so you must have at least circumstantial evidence to strengthen your argument. Because that's where your tree analogy falls flat: Things that don't have some kind of measurable effect simply don't matter. Otherwise I could claim that Yuuko rides pink unicorns whenever she's not in the frame.

I very much enjoy discussions so don't feel dissuaded by me. Nobody forces the others to read our bickering anyway. :-)
MatthesJun 6, 2012 2:07 PM
Jun 6, 2012 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
ErunnoToo said:
kyled00m said:
ErunnoToo, I understand your arguments but just because it's not explicitly stated, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

But we are talking about a fictional work here so you must have at least circumstantial evidence to strengthen your argument. Because that's where your tree analogy falls flat: Things that don't have some kind of measurable effect simply don't matter. Otherwise I could claim that Yuuko rides pink unicorns whenever she's not in the frame.

I very much enjoy discussions so don't feel dissuaded by me. Nobody forces the others to read our bickering anyway. :-)
Well then prepare for explanations... I'll edit this post after rereading the stuff and getting chapters and pointing out things that enforce what I explained that you targeted. in that 3Paragraph set up there.
Jun 6, 2012 6:27 PM

May 2011
Still somewhat disappointed with this as a whole
It had hype before it came out, guess im a sucker for dark theme stories

The ecchi moments are really awkwardly out of place in this entire series
Jun 6, 2012 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
Oh boy, new stuff happening and it might be original, I will say that this episode didn't feel right, Shadow Yuuko for example was way too aggressive.

If the flashback of Yuuko's past which hasn't been really covered in the manga turns out to be the real deal , I'm gonna be so pissed. I hope that Maybe has been supervising the studio's work or at least approved the final episodes' plotline.
Jun 6, 2012 8:48 PM

May 2008
At least we finally get to see what happens in Yuuko's past =/

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 7, 2012 2:40 AM

Mar 2010
Tzu said:
Still somewhat disappointed with this as a whole
It had hype before it came out, guess im a sucker for dark theme stories

The ecchi moments are really awkwardly out of place in this entire series

^This exactly.

This episode was probably the best one since the first episode, it had a really nice feel all over. I'm looking forward to the next ep!
Jun 7, 2012 9:26 PM

Dec 2011
Excellent episode, next one will be great too
Jun 8, 2012 5:16 AM

Apr 2009
Flashback cliffhanger. This episode marks the road to a very likely anime-original ending with several scenes that are anime-only. That BRS reference was also too distracting, preventing me from taking that scene seriously.
Jun 8, 2012 7:55 AM

Apr 2012
Definitely my favorite show of the season, hope it ends well. Just wish the manga would catch up although I'm fairly certain the direction the anime is taking will not be the same as the manga.
Jun 8, 2012 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
kirie looked pretty cute with blue eye ^.^
okonogi is becoming cuter in every ep ;)
Jun 8, 2012 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
This episode opens the possibility of Yuuko’s past. Sadly I see nothing but murder, rape, humiliation and blood in it. Hence why anyone would not be able to live with it. There is a nice thing called reset in reincarnation and perhaps this episode certainly factors in as to why despite some believing to be reincarnated seem to relive their past lives? Well perhaps that is because you are never to remember how you died last time you were around and pass on to new things with no memories of that. Sadly for Yuuko it’s the opposite where her means backfired into a living memory that reminds her of how she died and not how she imagines it to be as lesser toll on her.

I have little time so I will tackle only some sections of this episode.

About the fan service, now let’s get that out of the way of the main thinking. Well I think that Yuuko in the spoiler
had one of the best depiction of her whole body and panties with a taste in blue of all colors. Regardless it showed her physique very well. Add to that the breast exposure in the spoiler
and it was a fine short bit.

What I really liked about the whole fan service is that prior to it Yuuko gets trapped within her own anger in the spoiler
as in falling into the pool due to disbalancement. Rather interesting for a ghost and to even get wet with her clothing. The aftermath of the fan service part was excellent as well in the spoiler
rather it showed a nice gag of throwing out a skull head at Teiichi, however the fact how it made me ROFL and the bandage on the skull later was the winner here. So all in all the fan service segment was very well done prior, when it happens and after it.

About Yuuko not being able to leave school grounds, rather interesting it was shown in the spoiler
I found that part rather more suspenseful in the manga however the depictions in this episode made it much more better. Scary to find out to say the least. Clearly nicely shows that Yuuko in trying to get to Teiichi cannot since he is leaving school grounds and she cannot move beyond it. I do find that in thee end in the spoiler
the depiction of the city is glorious.

About Yuuko’s past, HERE WE GO! This should clear some confusion. Please be aware I have the best quality possible 720p for visuals, so I think I can get this cleared out. LIST TIME!
  • Prior the memories being triggered if one looks in the spoiler
    Yuuko is quite in pain and hysterical of totally not wanting to remember the memories. That is very well shown by her reaction but also of her covered eyes in darkness. That is a key art that shows this.

• Right away in the spoiler
    the pic clearly shows a bon fire and thugs getting warmer from it. Must be the Fall/Winter time.

• The girl that Yuuko takes her hand in the spoiler
    may have been a sacrifice to be used in order to appease the lords. She might be Kirie also that would mean Yuuko saves. One can see she is very sad and Yuuko is feeling for her not to mention situation looks desperate.

• The person running in the spoiler
    got the part played around a little there. From the different angles it looks like he is either raping or subduing the girl to be sacrificed. Perhaps through cutting her head or heart piercing? Well not thinking too much of it. It’s gross.

• The angry face in the spoiler
    might remind of that last person that Yuuko hated before being killed off or it could be the person that got angry at Yuuko for stopping the ritual. Who knows from this but for sure it shows anger on the opposite group part.

• From the following part in the spoiler
    it’s easy to see that the group was planning to do something about perhaps Yuuko helping out that girl or perhaps to make sure the ritual is done less they want shit to happen to them. So I think the ritual leader had a power over them.

• As mentioned above the following spoiler
    shows indeed the girl that was to be saved later by Yuuko must have escaped somehow from them. One can clearly see the girl is about to be thrown into some pit. Possibly the same one we saw in the club room. Now remodeled.

• From the looks of the spoiler
    this does seem to suggest rape and is a classical depiction of it indeed with the red tears along with the way Yuuko’s body was shown. However it could just show humiliation and torture prior to being a sacrifice.

• While the flashback comes again in the spoiler
    seems like it shows another facet of Yuuko saving that girl. It shows she is crying with the girl and being emotional with her. Could be Kirie. The girl’s hair color suggests so or perhaps her mother?

• The cult leader in the spoiler
    shows very demanding and insisting behavior there. He also shows he looks rather insane. I wonder what it’s about.

• Finally the last part in the spoiler
    might show some blood splatter? Certainly it shows Yuuko losing it during the ritual so perhaps this is where she gets killed? Raped? Who knows how bad it really gets. Till next episode.
So in theory 3 things can happen. GET YOUR STOMACHS READY!

1. Yuuko in saving a girl from the sacrifice gets herself killed and raped.

2. In trying to save the girl she gets killed and sacrificed herself.

3. Because the morons screwed up the ritual somehow by raping her or other things, it was all given up and buried there.

The least one is vague but it means the first 2 ones things worked out somehow with the ritual but the last one it screwed up because of Yuuko so it was all given up somehow. Either way it all suggests Yuuko saving a girl due to her emotions tying her with that girl and in thee end gets either tortured, humiliated and killed or raped/killed. Either way it just plains sours my stomach to think shit like that was going in Japan and anime showing its horrors so I will stop here.

About my 2 favorite parts, the first one is most likely the Sadako of Yuuko in the following,

As she walks away from the gate after Teiichi leaves. Rather a most striking resemblance flows there.

I would have to say that Shadow Yuuko in the following,

Was a nice reference to Black Rock Shooter as people say except I think it might have looked cooler.

About the end, KICK ASS! Did you see the rewind in the spoiler
WOW! That was amazing for a setup and back to the past! I love this and the BGM. Well I got to admit that the fan service in the spoiler
of that part was not really seen but I should have known of it, however Yuuko in the mirror is nice.

About the preview, a rather perplexing pic in the spoiler
only to hide it all from the gruesome past of Yuuko next episode. I decided to stop fucking around and I will either make arrangements to watch it LIVE in Japan or RAW as soon as it’s out. NO MORE PLAYING AROUND! This series will get serious and so will I with the next episode. I have a felling SHIT WILL HIT THE FANS big time. This nowhere near the manga I would think it would be. In fact it seems to be getting better.

BTW Image Stitches and Image Dump done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/06/image-stitches-and-image-dump-of.html
much nice Yuuko is done and custom stuff tried out too.

Now GIFs with Avatars are done in the Club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=450477&show=0#post1
I think the Yuuko Black Rock Shooter was cool to do. Really nice.
Yumekichi11Jun 8, 2012 5:34 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 8, 2012 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
Not gonna lie, I've been lurking around for quite a while before actually deciding to step in and post. Yume', you've got some of the best episodes "description" posts ever! :D
Jun 9, 2012 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
BRS reference, FTW! Definitely an interesting episode. Can't wait for the next one, along it might be pretty brutal.
Jun 9, 2012 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
Ohh it's getting juicy now. Finally peering into the past to reveal the crucial moment.

Looks like Yuuko has already started to inherit some of Shadow Yuuko's traits. I chuckled at the BRS reference but it ruined the mood a little. It was nicely done when she was running towards the school gates, I could really feel her desperation to escape.
Jun 9, 2012 6:20 PM

Jun 2010
Blaaaaaaaaaack roooooooooooooooock shoooooooooooooooooter!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

571 by little_raven »»
Aug 1, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 6, 2012

105 by little_raven »»
Jul 28, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Shih - Apr 29, 2012

147 by little_raven »»
Jul 28, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

306 by gswelcome »»
Jul 28, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 22, 2012

152 by little_raven »»
Jul 27, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.