Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 30, 2013 2:49 AM

Dec 2012
Not gonna lie I didn't enjoy this episode which is a first since Nisemonogatari and I'm gonna try to forget it's existence.

3 more episodes till Hitagi's end.
Oct 30, 2013 3:24 AM

Mar 2010
Oni holds a little significant matter to otori and neko shiro arc which will be told in two or three more episodes later on.

I don't know how Shaft will pull this arc for the next episodes because Shinobu's past was somehow boring and a bit dragged to me.

Well, that's it. Only the latter part of Oni is good.
Oct 30, 2013 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
I wish that Araragi's pedo tendencies didn't exist. It doesn't bother me as much as it did the very first time they made jokes out of molestation on Bake, but these scenes still make me uncomfortable as all Hell. The fact that so many fans accept it or even openly embrace it weirds me out, too. You could remove them outright and miss almost nothing from the plot, too...it's just so creepy and predatory. This series is high-quality in just about every regard, but this recurring element is something that would really be best exercised from the show.
"straight cash, homie."
Oct 30, 2013 8:51 AM

Jan 2011
bad way to start the new arc, overall this sequel hasnt been good for me, at least its better than Nise an Neko but thats not saying much
Oct 30, 2013 9:01 AM

Dec 2012
whoisthespiral said:
I wish that Araragi's pedo tendencies didn't exist. It doesn't bother me as much as it did the very first time they made jokes out of molestation on Bake, but these scenes still make me uncomfortable as all Hell. The fact that so many fans accept it or even openly embrace it weirds me out, too. You could remove them outright and miss almost nothing from the plot, too...it's just so creepy and predatory. This series is high-quality in just about every regard, but this recurring element is something that would really be best exercised from the show.

I couldn't agree more. This is one of the reasons why I didn't like Nise and was disappointed by it, and it's the reason why I can't say that I love Araragi, and to be honest I have him in my favorites because I loved his interactions with Hitagi and he had some cool scenes here and there. It makes his love for Hitagi inconsistent and seem empty.

I can't even describe how much I hated the scenes after the ED, I just experienced a very negative and uncomfortable emotion that I never experienced before while watching Bakemonogatari and the past arcs of Monogatari second season. It made me dislike Araragi and Shinbou even more..

Like I previously said I'm gonna try forget this episode and maybe this episode existence and try to not make it hinder the otherwise perfect experience I had with this adaption.
Oct 30, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2012
2 kiss! and one flip skirt at one episode? i swear to everyone i'll kill you, You loli! How could you not share that! *^*
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Oct 30, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2010
tsudecimo said:

I can't even describe how much I hated the scenes after the ED, I just experienced a very negative and uncomfortable emotion that I never experienced before while watching Bakemonogatari and the past arcs of Monogatari second season. It made me dislike Araragi and Shinbou even more..

You don't need to blame Shinbou though because he has faithfully adapted the scene from the book this time. Yes, it is very inappropriate and somehow disgusting behavior (of Araragi) but this is also part of the 'plot' that will be revealed in the arc climax.
yukaru00Oct 31, 2013 1:50 AM
Oct 31, 2013 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
Araragi has done plenty of pedo like actions before.I dont know why this seems so new to you.

As for the kiss,I dont know how the LN describes it but to me seemed like he tried to make her shut up,exactly what he said later.

That aside,yukaru00 how much time did Shinobu and Koyomi spent alone during the events on Kabuki?His conversation with Yotsugi seems to imply that it was more than just a couple of days.
Oct 31, 2013 12:54 AM

Mar 2010
ssjokg said:
Araragi has done plenty of pedo like actions before.I dont know why this seems so new to you.

As for the kiss,I dont know how the LN describes it but to me seemed like he tried to make her shut up,exactly what he said later.

That aside,yukaru00 how much time did Shinobu and Koyomi spent alone during the events on Kabuki?His conversation with Yotsugi seems to imply that it was more than just a couple of days.

I forgot but definitely it was more than 3 days. I'll check again to be sure.

1. Day 1: Arrived in the period of 11 years af of the alternate world-->Met the two schoolgirls-->Met Lolikawa-->Search and found Hachikuji's resident-->sleep in the park (LN, omitted from anime).

2. Day 2: Wandered around the town-->seen by some of the passer by/residents-->Araragi praising Shinobu's cuteness until she blushes (removed from anime)-->waiting for Hachikuji in the open space in front of Hachikuji's resident (supposed to looks like the park where Nobita and his friends usually play in Doraemon)-->Mr. Hachikuji approached them, rushing and worried-->Araragi found Hachikuji-->blablabla nothing changes here from the anime so-->They decided to leave and get back to present time-->Fucked up, and reached present time of alternate world-->Went to his resident-->slept.

3. Day 3: Nothing much changes here except for some conversations were removed-->Decided to leave the house-->walking and screwing around

4. Day 4: More walking around and screwing around-->...

Okay, I lost the track of time by this point. If any readers remember this part, please correct me.
yukaru00Oct 31, 2013 1:15 AM
Oct 31, 2013 1:47 AM

Aug 2009
yukaru00 said:
ssjokg said:

I forgot but definitely it was more than 3 days. I'll check again to be sure.

1. Day 1: Arrived in the period of 11 years af of the alternate world-->Met the two schoolgirls-->Met Lolikawa-->Search and found Hachikuji's resident-->sleep in the park (LN, omitted from anime).

2. Day 2: Wandered around the town-->seen by some of the passer by/residents-->Araragi praising Shinobu's cuteness until she blushes (removed from anime)-->waiting for Hachikuji in the open space in front of Hachikuji's resident (supposed to looks like the park where Nobita and his friends usually play in Doraemon)-->Mr. Hachikuji approached them, rushing and worried-->Araragi found Hachikuji-->blablabla nothing changes here from the anime so-->They decided to leave and get back to present time-->Fucked up, and reached present time of alternate world-->Went to his resident-->slept.

3. Day 3: Nothing much changes here except for some conversations were removed-->Decided to leave the house-->walking and screwing around

4. Day 4: More walking around and screwing around-->...

Okay, I lost the track of time by this point. If any readers remember this part, please correct me.

Thanks
Oct 31, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
Araragi needs to prepare some damn long explanation for all the lewdness this episode had haha.
Those kisses were kinda unexpected though... while being topless, that is... with lolis, that is...
5/5
Oct 31, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
And Shinobu is actually hundreds of years old even though she usually looks like an 8 year old. Hachikuji and Shinobu being ghosts and vampires and even Ononki who is a Shikigami is not really human anymore. All apparitions of one sort or another so the law may not apply...
Oct 31, 2013 4:51 AM

Aug 2009
mugimugi said:
He has nice muscles.

I wonder if they will add details in the BD.
Oct 31, 2013 5:27 AM

Oct 2013
yukaru00 said:
You don't need to blame Shinbou though because he has faithfully adapted the scene from the book this time. Yes, it is very inappropriate and somehow disgusting behavior (of Araragi) but this is also part of the 'plot' that will be revealed in the arc climax.

I thought that scene was a bit different in the LN. Shinobu wanted to advertise the Kizu movie for the next 150 pages (breaking the 4th wall again) and Araragi kissed her to make her shut up (IIRC, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

But on the other hand, it's coherent of Shaft to cut that away to avoid misunderstandings.
Oct 31, 2013 5:32 AM

Mar 2010
huuuh said:

I thought that scene was a bit different in the LN. Shinobu wanted to advertise the Kizu movie for the next 150 pages (breaking the 4th wall again) and Araragi kissed her to make her shut up (IIRC, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

But on the other hand, it's coherent of Shaft to cut that away to avoid misunderstandings.

Yeah you are right about the 4th wall breaking conversation... but it is not relevant anyway. So cutting the dragged parts were done in rightful way this time. I doubt that casual audiences will be entertained by the idea.
yukaru00Oct 31, 2013 5:41 AM
Oct 31, 2013 5:41 AM

Aug 2009
huuuh said:
yukaru00 said:

In any case he kissed her to make her shut up.
Oct 31, 2013 5:51 AM

Mar 2010
ssjokg said:

LN Araragi is more patient to that small talk of Shinobu. The dragged 4th wall crushing is the part where Araragi losing his patient to Shinobu's blabbering.

Or else he cannot cope with his first meeting with Ougi later. That is one hurtful mouth.
Oct 31, 2013 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
yukaru00 said:
ssjokg said:

LN Araragi is more patient to that small talk of Shinobu. The dragged 4th wall crushing is the part where Araragi losing his patient to Shinobu's blabbering.

Or else he cannot cope with his first meeting with Ougi later. That is one hurtful mouth.
Well he wanted to explain what happened with that black thing so it is normal if he wasnt patient for once.
Oct 31, 2013 9:06 AM

May 2010
I really love Shinobu blushing, she is so cute and lovely ^^
Oct 31, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 2010
Extalias said:
Can someone tell me wtf happened to Nadeko from episode 15?

That would be a spoiler.
You just have to wait for the last arc for the conclusion of Nadeko's story.
Nov 1, 2013 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
I always kind of blew off Koyomi perving on Hachikuji as just some humorous way he interacts with her as a strange bonding thing but considering he was considering doing things to her while shes passed out I guess he really is just a perv afterall. Its kind of a random character trait that doesnt entirely sem to fit his other traits but I gues its there to stop him from seeming overly perfect.

Would be amusing if they later ad that the reason hes like that is a result of him being a vampire previously so he is drawn to virgin girls and oddities more. I mean its better if it has some purpose or cause rather than just a common character trait added into anime shows. Anyone else think so?

Its really cute the scene with the muscles and the kiss scenes. All the embarassment going on.

mugimugi said:
whoisthespiral said:

To be fair, lots of his pedo tendencies are actually kind of misunderstandings (like the scene with loli Hanekawa)
Maoyi works out well for him since she's a ghost and actually older than him. He's almost doing her a favor by doing this. And it looks like he's looking for trouble with her by doing this, since he enjoys the fights and all that he has with her.

About Shinobu, he never actually showed tendencies to harass her young body, the contrary is the case actually. He even says he prefers her grown up, and that only to some extent since he knows what kind being she actually is/was.
I sort of almost forgot to think of things that way. That is probably true and they deffinately are all older than him. Only case other than that is Nadeko but he showed no interest in her so shinoubu coming in and punching him before was probably just jealousy not her actually thinking hed do anything but either case shes not that much younger than him anyway.

Although he is still a perv though just not a full on pedo or anything.
traedNov 1, 2013 9:38 AM
Nov 2, 2013 11:37 AM

Nov 2010
That bicycle chase was amazing
Oh Araragi kun I envy you,
kissing 2 hotties in 1 run
Nov 3, 2013 8:29 AM
Jul 2013
yukaru00 said:
Extalias said:

That would be a spoiler.

I just thought it was weird that they started a new arc without telling us what happened to Nadeko. I was so confused so I rewatched episode 15 and 16 to see if I missed something
Nov 3, 2013 6:02 PM

Mar 2010
Extalias said:
yukaru00 said:
Extalias said:

That would be a spoiler.

I just thought it was weird that they started a new arc without telling us what happened to Nadeko. I was so confused so I rewatched episode 15 and 16 to see if I missed something

SHAFT merely followed the way the original author executed his stories before in MSSS. The publish order is just like what you have watched and experienced currently (disregard Hanamonogatari, which supposedly should be broadcast after Kabuki arc).
Nov 3, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
mugimugi said:
Still mad about that. Hanamonogatari loses so much by being broadcasted later now.
Unless SHAFT nows more than us.

Doesn't Hana spoils what happens in Koi?
Nov 3, 2013 10:35 PM

Mar 2010
The spoiler in Hana is not really a big deal though. You could easily relate the the arc as the plot goes deeper.
Nov 5, 2013 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
Shinobu Kawaaiiii
Nov 10, 2013 11:05 PM

Sep 2012
Finally a bit of action sakuga...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 17, 2013 11:15 PM

Aug 2011
Achievement unlocked for Araragi: Kissed 2 lolis in one episode.
Dec 6, 2013 12:52 AM

Jun 2008
LOl, liked how she kept stepping on his shadow the moment he mentioned Shinobu.
Shinobu's reaction to the kiss was cute as hell for a 500 year old vampire.
Dec 13, 2013 6:13 AM

Dec 2011
I really love that we are tackling on Shinobu now. Also, how they run out of desperation just to avoid this "darkness".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2010
DAT KISS
Dec 28, 2013 6:18 AM

Aug 2012
that lucky bastard :D
Dec 31, 2013 10:52 PM

Apr 2009
For a man supposedly devoted to his girlfriend, Koyomi had way too much "action" with lolis this episode.
Jan 3, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2012
^ Lol, my thoughts exactly.

And damn, I wonder what Nadeko would think about this... at least chronologically it didn't happen right after her arc.
Jan 3, 2014 7:54 PM

Dec 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
^ Lol, my thoughts exactly.

And damn, I wonder what Nadeko would think about this... at least chronologically it didn't happen right after her arc.

She doesn't care anymore or rather never did. She just wants to kill him, it wouldn't matter if Araragi even proposed to her at this point.
Jan 5, 2014 1:33 AM

Jun 2012
^ Well, that's probably true, but I just meantif it did happen right after Medusa Nadeko it would've been a real dick move on Koyomi's part. Also, I'm not sure she's truly lost all emotion... though I'm sure she's actually insane now. But maybe she truly is completely gone, I just hate to think that she can't be saved. :(
Jan 5, 2014 4:12 AM

Oct 2012
Oh Ararararararagi, you lolicon!!

Two kisses, minus Hachikuji xD
I wonder how Hitagi will react to this situation?
"Signature removed"
Jan 17, 2014 7:42 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode. Ononoki is back and saves the "muscled" Araragi ( That joke was so ridiculous), that darkness sure look bad, nice kisses you lucky Koyomi both Ononoki and also Shinobu in the same episode you bastard ;p
Jan 17, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
Da kiss , lol. Or should I say those kisses?

Anyway ,i just love Shinobu. Araragi , lucky bastard , lol. Dat kiss was great.

Anyway , nice episode , and good start for a new arc.
Jan 19, 2014 7:18 AM

May 2012
He's such a lolicon but well I can blame him Mayoi is ultra cute :3

But damn those two kiss scenes sure were unexpected but also super lovely especially the one from Shinobu :3 (Are you an Italian or what?)

Well all the Loli's have assembled now so this sure is going to get interesting! I do wonder what this shadow really is.
Jan 19, 2014 7:04 PM
Apr 2011
what does "rarirurero" mean?

when he gets kissed he asks "rarirurero?!" (or is he saying "naninuneno?" i'm not sure...) and she responds "rarirurero."

the only context ive ever had with this phrase before was metal gear solid

is it slang for making out or something? that's what the subtitles seem to be indicating
Jan 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
ARARAGI-KUN, Y U HAVE NO NIPPLES
Jan 20, 2014 11:10 PM

May 2011
A full, action packed loli devoted episode. Hell yeah! That random kiss from Ononoki and then DAT KISS with Shinobu <3. Lmfao at another vampire punch.
Feb 1, 2014 4:05 PM

Apr 2013
Yup he have nice body and muscles. I kinda expected Ononoki to kiss him.
Vampire punch!
And he kisses Shinobu asdf she was so cute. :3
Feb 7, 2014 11:23 PM
Jul 2009
MaxVdub said:
what does "rarirurero" mean?

when he gets kissed he asks "rarirurero?!" (or is he saying "naninuneno?" i'm not sure...) and she responds "rarirurero."

the only context ive ever had with this phrase before was metal gear solid

is it slang for making out or something? that's what the subtitles seem to be indicating

It's just a sequence of letters from the Japanese alphabet. In other words, they're flubbing whatever lines they meant to say, and are just spouting gibberish instead.
Feb 14, 2014 8:22 AM

Oct 2013
Lame episode.
Feb 28, 2014 11:33 PM

Jun 2013
Durararagi had to check if there were any underskirt apparitions! :)

Ononoki-chan's struggle is real! "You may repay me with your muscle" LMAO!

Dat Shinobu kiss though! There you go, show the woman of your life (literally) how much you care for her!
Mar 1, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode, the bike scene with Hachikuji was funny. Ononoki, and Shinobu!!! Lucky Araragi lol!
Apr 16, 2014 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
Woah, woah, woah, calm down Araragi. Three season down without a kiss and now two? You motherfucking playboy xD

I realllly like the new Ononoki. She's always so clever (well, all the character seem to be incredibly clever) and when she kept talking about his muscle, it was hilarious! She stole him a kiss. His first one? Can't believe that. Anyway, that seemed to get Araragi horny, kissing Shinobu out of nowhere :P

Araragi in boxer saying that he can do whatever he want to Hachikuji... That guy would be a molester if he wouldn't had these girl by his sides xD

The bike race was so funny, Araragi was more concentrated on how to get Hachikuji arouse him than escaping the thingy x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

166 by GT1Studios »»
Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 27, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

102 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

247 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 24, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

206 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 21, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.