Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2013 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
personally i would of rather if they didn't add "that"scene the other subtle hints were enough to give me da feels but i understand why they did it.

though it seems to be "working as intended" if anime only viewers are wondering what the hell is going on lol.
Oct 26, 2013 4:54 PM

Nov 2010
Despite of the QUALITY animation moments, I think it's a good job. The order of routes (Kirigaya > Rin > Refrain) is definitely the best option, I liked how they still managed to bridge this episode with events from Kurugaya's route (compared to [must be intentional] disjoint between routes in S1).

The events itself is fine. I remember the very sudden confession made by Rin in my first playthrough in Rin1 lol. This time, they tied everything as a whole with the scene in locker room and ambiguous err... everything, ultimately Kyousuke. Felt much more like a coherent storyline, although the execution could be better. Gotta save the best for Refrain parts, I guess.

Bring up the journey for the final boss! Really curious on how close my speculations will hit the mark.
zeroyuki92Oct 26, 2013 5:02 PM
Oct 26, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
HaXXspetten said:
MCAL said:
I see noting wrong with how JC Staff handled RikixRin. It was handled pretty much the same way as the VN. That makes it disappointing, but it is all on Jun Maeda, not Michiru Shimada.

Really, the level of continual JC Staff bashing is absurd.
People must always have someone to blame, easiest to make a scapegoat, regardless of how justified it might be.

I think it's more like people wanted the confession CG animated? Yes, the confession itself is underwhelming but the CG makes it slightly less underwhelming.
Oct 26, 2013 5:32 PM

Sep 2013
Aslong As I get to see more RikixRin later in the route, more romance and the "special scene" at the end of refrain, ill be happy.
Oct 26, 2013 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
Q.Q. And there they go. Also, this felt like a S1 episode, so I didn't like how they handled this episode.
TyrelOct 26, 2013 5:43 PM
Oct 26, 2013 5:41 PM

Aug 2008
dizzyworld2 said:
HaXXspetten said:
MCAL said:
I see noting wrong with how JC Staff handled RikixRin. It was handled pretty much the same way as the VN. That makes it disappointing, but it is all on Jun Maeda, not Michiru Shimada.

Really, the level of continual JC Staff bashing is absurd.
People must always have someone to blame, easiest to make a scapegoat, regardless of how justified it might be.

I think it's more like people wanted the confession CG animated? Yes, the confession itself is underwhelming but the CG makes it slightly less underwhelming.

The confession was a whole lot more underwhelming in the VN based on it's randomness. No CG can save that (plus it would have been incredibly awkward in anime format).

Idk why people complain. This part was much better done than the VN if you ask me. Nothing wrong with adding their own little spin on how the story should be done.
Oct 26, 2013 5:52 PM

Sep 2012
I hope JC staff actually animates the CGs in Refrain faithfully. They are some of the best CGs from key's VNs. Little changes are fine but I hope they won't replace the story with something entirely different...
Oct 26, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2013
egnaro315 said:
I hope JC staff actually animates the CGs in Refrain faithfully. They are some of the best CGs from key's VNs. Little changes are fine but I hope they won't replace the story with something entirely different...

^ That and I hope they don't mess up Jun's work. Would really make me pissed off.
Oct 26, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
I think the way they handled this episode by making it really silly (rather than romantic) is setting up for the mood twist for Rin 2 and Refrain. The girls' disappearing is kind of clouded underneath all the silliness, and there was also some dramatic irony for VN players seeing through the more serious parts of these scenes. (mainly the girls' scene, Kyousuke's and Komari's scenes)

I mean, I think a lot of LB episodes can be seen as silly with dramatic irony with Riki and Rin having no clue of the implications of the other characters.
Perhaps they felt that this wasn't a serious enough episode to warrant the kind of animation we've seen in the preview.
I still thought that while there was some QUALITY, it was still mostly consistent and better than most things from s1.

The main issue, if anything, was the content of the episode itself, and the silliness.
The episode did a lot of buildup, and it did its part.

Honestly, Rin 1 is my least favorite part of the entire Little Busters VN. The fact that they were able to make it a bit more fun and silly was fine with me.
It should start getting better by about halfway through episode 5 after they work on the final task of the Secret of the World. I mean, I would've loved to see everything well-animated and directed so that everything feels well paced, but this whole episode properly set up the awkwardness that Maeda intended. I don't think there was anything "wrong" with it, in the sense that the episode tried to do something, but failed to do it. The episode did it was it was supposed to do just fine.

And if they fuck up Refrain CG animation, I will be mad as fuck.
I'm just waiting on this... http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20131109T10&p0=198&msg=CHEAP+MOTHERFUCKING+TRICK%24%24
Oct 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
Adorable episode.
Wonder if there will be a kiss scene.
Also, need to play the VN
Oct 26, 2013 6:23 PM

Nov 2010
Could someone post the confession CG in spoiler tag? I guess it's something which isn't shown in Rin 1?

I was curious since many people bring it up, googled "Rin confession CG little busters" and then quickly closed the tab again. Lolnope, don't image-google anything related to little busters if you don't want to be spoiled, I guess.

Don't want to ruin the twists, must resist... (Nothing like direct spoiler comes up, but if you have been guessing a lot of things a small clue could confirms/denies a lot of speculations)
Oct 26, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
Could someone post the confession CG in spoiler tag? I guess it's something which isn't shown in Rin 1?

I was curious since many people bring it up, googled "Rin confession CG little busters" and then quickly closed the tab again. Lolnope, don't image-google anything related to little busters if you don't want to be spoiled, I guess.

Don't want to ruin the twists, must resist... (Nothing like direct spoiler comes up, but if you have been guessing a lot of things a small clue could confirms/denies a lot of speculations)

You'll be disappointed though since it is from Rin 1.
http://static.zerochan.net/Little.Busters!.full.25810.jpg
Not a very big deal, but it is a pretty CG
Oct 26, 2013 6:34 PM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:

Here's a link that actually works: http://cgv.blicky.net/lbe/0266.jpg
Oct 26, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2013
I liked it, but what I wanted to see was something from Kurugaya, like, wth happened haha
Oct 26, 2013 6:55 PM

Mar 2012
The downfall have been started.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 26, 2013 7:07 PM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
The downfall have been started.

This can be taken so many ways, lmao.
I can't tell if you're talking about the animation/episode being bad, or if you mean that we're on the road to Refrain and it's only going to get more depressing from here.
Oct 26, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
http://m.imgur.com/DXSB6q1 hopefully we won't hav riki make this face when he learns the secret of the world.
Oct 26, 2013 7:26 PM
Apr 2013
epic_joelle said:
http://m.imgur.com/DXSB6q1 hopefully we won't hav riki make this face when he learns the secret of the world.

That was the funniest part of the episode for me actually... LOL
Oct 26, 2013 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
MCAL said:
epic_joelle said:

That was the funniest part of the episode for me actually... LOL
JC staff is trolling us
Oct 26, 2013 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
what the hell is going on???? Why did those three disapear??
Oct 26, 2013 8:18 PM
Apr 2013
" Am I going to live my life alone in a Concrete Pipe?! "
I never realized how incredibly hilarious and sad this line is. Don’t worry Masato. You’re too good to be abandoned.
MCALOct 26, 2013 10:04 PM
Oct 26, 2013 8:24 PM

Feb 2013
We're reaching there...
Nice ep, kind of sad also.
Oct 26, 2013 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
Hi guys. Today I´ll only express my reaction after watching this ep. with a gif.

Animation could´ve been better, but this season looks like it´s going right aimed.

Oh, 1 week...

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Oct 26, 2013 8:42 PM

Feb 2012
it was a nice episode, not my favourite, but then again Rins route didn't really stick out to me in the VN either~

I really liked how they put the scene with Rin telling Komari about Riki~ it really shows how close they are, compared to how shy she was in the very beginning ^_^ the improved Komari-Rin friendship maybe one of my favorite parts of this adaptation

awww, Mio, Kud and Haruka scene T_T I feel sorry for all the anime only viewers, they won't be able to enjoy this as much on the first watch.
Oct 26, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 2009
So it wasn't really romantic because it was quite sudden and all.

So if the next episode starts the 'final task', what's going to happen for the rest of the season? Makes no sense D:
Oct 26, 2013 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
Huh, if I remember correctly, in the VN, Rin said that they should go out inside of the school right? I like the changes they did in this episode.

I wonder how far they're gonna cover in the next episode.
Oct 26, 2013 9:05 PM

Nov 2009
WTH is happening, I mean I didn't play the VN but I was looking forward to this adaptation. J.C did LB refrain better than the first season.
Still confused with what was happening but I guess I will wait for more.
Oct 26, 2013 9:37 PM
Mar 2013
When Rin confessed to Riki, I was like WTF NOOOO WAY there's like absolutely no way you can confess without being embarrassed at some point. You just can't walk out of a confession without any signs of embarrassment. But ye later on daww dats so cute!
Oct 26, 2013 10:02 PM

Mar 2013
Rin and Riki were just too adorable >w<
so much doki doki~
Oct 26, 2013 10:14 PM

Sep 2012
Dat farewell.

Didn't really like the Suginami part. The VN made much more sense.

But damn. Boys Dont Cry was perfect. PERFECT.

So much foreshadowing. I can see anime viewers getting confused as hell. But be patient, and it'll all be revealed soon.
Oct 26, 2013 10:14 PM

Nov 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------N--------------♫-----------N---------------♫---------N-----------------N---------♫-------------N--
-------I--------------N-----------I----------------N----------I-------------I-------------N----------I---------
----R------------I------------R---------------I------------R--------R-----------------I--------R--------------
-♫-----------R-----------♫--------------R-------------♫----♫--------------------R------♫--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 26, 2013 10:21 PM

Apr 2012
No, no, no where in the blue hell is Kud, Mio and Haruka going?!
Okay, this is a very enjoyable episode but damn O_o
Oct 26, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 2013
Soo 4 of the Little Busters have now "disappeared"? Well I'm not too surprised since it was heavily foreshadowed in the book Komari wrote about the dwarves who disappeared.

My only questions is, since the "secret of the world" will be revealed within the next couple of episodes, what will go on in the final 20 or so episodes? Will Riki and the others look for a way to get their friends back? Will they forget their friends even existed? Oh well I guess I will find out soon enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
SharifEbeefE said:
Soo 4 of the Little Busters have now "disappeared"? Well I'm not too surprised since it was heavily foreshadowed in the book Komari wrote about the dwarves who disappeared.

My only questions is, since the "secret of the world" will be revealed within the next couple of episodes, what will go on in the final 20 or so episodes? Will Riki and the others look for a way to get their friends back? Will they forget their friends even existed? Oh well I guess I will find out soon enough.

This season will be 13 episodes so we have 9 episodes left.
Oct 26, 2013 11:05 PM

Feb 2013
egnaro315 said:
SharifEbeefE said:

Yep, that is correct. Can't wait to see the rest. The hype just increases every week for me.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 26, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
egnaro315 said:
SharifEbeefE said:

Damn I didn't even realize that; that's disappointing. I guess it makes a bit more sense though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
another great episode
was really funny for me and good to see Riki and Rin together, I hope to see a lot of kissing soon

btw never noticed the bad animation before people posted pictures here
Oct 26, 2013 11:34 PM

Nov 2010
SwiftKilla said:
When Rin confessed to Riki, I was like WTF NOOOO WAY there's like absolutely no way you can confess without being embarrassed at some point. You just can't walk out of a confession without any signs of embarrassment. But ye later on daww dats so cute!

I think it's the type of the rather casual/pure "Hey, let's try going out!" rather than an intentional confession. Riki is the "ultimate comfort zone" for Rin, so unless he didn't do anything unusual, they'll still act like what they always do (thus the awkward mailing scene happened). She totally acts like a cat, really.

Anyway, thanks for someone who posted the confession CG. I was interpreting that there's a different/special CG for rin 2 lol.
Oct 26, 2013 11:55 PM

Dec 2012
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??!! errr, I actually already know but that scene when Haruka, Mio and Kud left, I was trying to pull my hair off because I wasn't prepared to see that...Never expected that to happen...Gosh, if I'm an anime-only viewer, I'd be very very surprised on what's happening and be very curious on what will happen...It's good that it's only 13 episodes because I'm not gonna have to wait for 6 months for it to finish...I just hope it wouldn't be too rushed...

Anyway this episode is just fine. Fine because Kurugaya is no longer there...I wasn't expecting much from it so I also didn't got too disappointed with it like the others did...:3 BTW, Riki x Rin is really cute <3 <3 <3
Oct 27, 2013 12:11 AM

Feb 2012
you guys do realize we got the Rin confession CG in the first opening o.O

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/animekuntv2/52077919/1150252/1150252_600.jpg
Oct 27, 2013 12:41 AM

Oct 2012
i can't take it anymore... i've been defeated by this ep already... :"(

i know what's going to happen and i can't imagine how hard final chapter will make me suffered. :"(

solid 5/5

Oct 27, 2013 12:53 AM

Dec 2011
Oct 27, 2013 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
straycat95 said:

I can agree with You in some points. Personally I believe

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Oct 27, 2013 1:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
TimeToRepent said:
straycat95 said:

Oct 27, 2013 2:10 AM

Jun 2008
smilewolfy said:
you guys do realize we got the Rin confession CG in the first opening o.O

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/animekuntv2/52077919/1150252/1150252_600.jpg

lol I remember that now, I felt so trolled when S1 didn't show rin1

My face was making a painful half smiling half sadface throughout this episode, rin1 had a cheerful feel to it in the vn but all this cloudy weather and foreshadowing refrain here is making everything depressing. T_T
Oct 27, 2013 2:11 AM

Dec 2012
TimeToRepent said:
straycat95 said:

I agree as well...That's why I was surprised to see that part. I couldn't think of anything that must be done to show that the other characters are gone...But I thought that scene really spoils too much...It was too soon for that moment and that the anime-only viewers are already going nuts about what's happening...

Oct 27, 2013 4:36 AM

Sep 2011
We're talking about JC Staff, guys. They can and usually do whatever shit they want. I'm not even surprised they will insert something like the disappearance.

Oct 27, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2013
Tennouji_ said:
We're talking about JC Staff, guys. They can and usually do whatever shit they want. I'm not even surprised they will insert something like the disappearance.

Judging by the way they always adding new scene's to every freaking episode, that statement you gave is probably true. :/
Oct 27, 2013 5:16 AM

Mar 2012
HoboFreedom said:

My face was making a painful half smiling half sadface throughout this episode, rin1 had a cheerful feel to it in the vn but all this cloudy weather and foreshadowing refrain here is making everything depressing. T_T

That's..... it. True. Rin's and Riki's lovey dovey scene is so cute and cheerful in the VN. But, what's with the sad scene in between here?

Anyway, my eyes got teary when Haruka, Kud and Mio.... well you know it..
Oct 27, 2013 5:20 AM

May 2013
HaXXspetten said:
TimeToRepent said:
straycat95 said:

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.