Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2013 3:10 AM

Jun 2011
Ridiculous.

First episode, got pwned by 1star Goku Uniform wearer.
Second episode, pwned 2 star Goku Uniform wearer easily.
Third episode, fighting on par, or almost on par with the strongest shown so far in that universe.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 18, 2013 3:21 AM

Oct 2007
samishime said:
Progeusz said:
DancingJack said:
Waah, fanservice is bad.
Stop watching anime.

Not all anime is fanservice, dude.
Obviously but complaining that it exist isn't very smart thing to do. It's like such person misunderstands the medium basing its expectations on very small, hardly representative sample and such practice is wrong. My assumption is further strengthened, or I'd dare to say, basically confirmed by his statement "Why does 90% of todays animes has to be about that stuff?!" proving he knows nothing about the medium he's talking about. Fanservice has always been part of anime and majority of shows have it, to varying extents.

Natsu12345 said:
Ridiculous.

First episode, got pwned by 1star Goku Uniform wearer.
Second episode, pwned 2 star Goku Uniform wearer easily.
Third episode, fighting on par, or almost on par with the strongest shown so far in that universe.
She pwned 1stars effortlessly in first episode. Boxer was 2star. She rose above 2star level since obtaining Senketsu.
ProgeuszOct 18, 2013 3:25 AM
Oct 18, 2013 3:25 AM
Jun 2013
Yanoflies said:

Is this gonna be something about Satsuki being curious about Ryuuko's ability to stand up to her? Making the students fight Ryuuko seems to me like a way to train Ryuuko.

Satsuki totally enjoys challenging Ryuuko to a state where she'll be a real match for her. That's why she wants Ryuuko fighting the whole school before facing her and Junketsu again.

AtemuesOct 18, 2013 3:33 AM
Oct 18, 2013 3:31 AM

Jun 2010
Talk about action-packed. I don't think I blinked during that fight 0_o
Watching Ryuuko fight her way to the top is going to be awesome. Can't wait til she fights Gamagoori.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2013 3:33 AM
Jun 2013
And about the over-the-top fanservise - I think the anime is rated 17 + so everyone who decides to watch, should note things like this will exist and if it's of any bother, people just shouldn't watch. I think it's time to stop complaining about it.
I'm also totally not a fan of the fanservise in this anime and is something that lowered my hype for this series, but I swear the action, the voice acting, the characters, the story and the OST totally make up for that. I don't pay attention to the fanservise at all. Not to mention that very often it looks quite ridiculous and funny, so it's nothing that crosses the line. Sometimes it's very close to it, but I guess the writers and animators just know how to handle that without making the fanservise the basic part of the show. It's there in every ep for a short time, obviously either to tease, bother or please the different types of fans, but then the plot comes and the major amount of fans totally forget about it.
Oct 18, 2013 3:53 AM

Jul 2012
This is freaking awesome!
Oct 18, 2013 3:58 AM

Apr 2013
THIS EPISODE HOLY SHIT

seriously this was the third episode and it felt like a finale to an anime. i just cannot wait for the next episode

tutorial is over the real game begins now...
Oct 18, 2013 4:05 AM
Feb 2013
Feels weird to say that but I'm rooting for Ryuuko x Homeroom teacher x)
Oct 18, 2013 4:08 AM

Sep 2012
"Clothes are meant to be worn"
Your actions don't match your words xD
I don't know how to feel about his anime, but I'm definitely watching it alone.
Oct 18, 2013 4:39 AM
Apr 2010
Atemues said:
And about the over-the-top fanservise - I think the anime is rated 17 + so everyone who decides to watch, should note things like this will exist and if it's of any bother, people just shouldn't watch. I think it's time to stop complaining about it.
I'm also totally not a fan of the fanservise in this anime and is something that lowered my hype for this series, but I swear the action, the voice acting, the characters, the story and the OST totally make up for that. I don't pay attention to the fanservise at all. Not to mention that very often it looks quite ridiculous and funny, so it's nothing that crosses the line. Sometimes it's very close to it, but I guess the writers and animators just know how to handle that without making the fanservise the basic part of the show. It's there in every ep for a short time, obviously either to tease, bother or please the different types of fans, but then the plot comes and the major amount of fans totally forget about it.

I agree. I dislike fanservice and was very disappointed in the first episode, but in this one, it felt like they somewhat know how to use it. Satsuki doesn't loose a shread of that queenly aura even using that uniform and in the fight scenes they focus a lot on their faces, always intense, and even give them stances that cover their body with their blades and don't stoop down to using panty shot and underboob angles just for the sake of fanservice. I might not like the fanservice in the rest of the episode, but I don't even notice it when the action starts.
Oct 18, 2013 4:48 AM

May 2013
Progeusz said:

samishime said:

Progeusz
said:

DancingJack said:
Waah, fanservice is bad.
Stop watching anime.

Not all anime is fanservice, dude.

Obviously but complaining that it exist isn't very smart thing to do. It's like such person misunderstands the medium basing its expectations on very small, hardly representative sample and such practice is wrong. My assumption is further strengthened, or I'd dare to say, basically confirmed by his statement "Why does 90% of todays animes has to be about that stuff?!" proving he knows nothing about the medium he's talking about. Fanservice has always been part of anime and majority of shows have it, to varying extents.

Of course fanservice exist, but it wasn't the focus of an anime. In TTGL there was Yoko and that's almost all the fanservice aside from a few little scenes which weren't exactly "Look this fanservice!"-like, if you get what I mean. So I misunderstand the medium? No, you are misunderstanding my post. Also you seem to have missed the word "today" while interpreting me. I was not talking about all animes of all times but about todays animes in which fanservice (and moe) gets more and more focus instead of what is actually important.

And if you really think fanservice was always a big part of animes, you clearly watched the wrong ones. So please don't tell me anything about me misunderstanding the medium, "expert". (Not that I know it better but atleast I don't pretend to do so.)
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 18, 2013 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
holy shit
anime of the decade
Oct 18, 2013 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
This was pretty enjoyable yet again, really digging the soundtrack

I get the feeling Satsuki might just be a Viral/Thymilph though with the name drops of her Mother and Kiryuin family.
Oct 18, 2013 5:19 AM

Sep 2010
Fucking Awesome Action/Fanservice/Cloths..... It's officially best anime of FALL...

5/5
Oct 18, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
Dem transformation scenes. I can't seem how any of the other students can beat Ryuuko considering she can hold her on, to a point, against their leader.
Oct 18, 2013 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

How epic would say! XD
Episode that introduces some changes and some information, just not to give the impression to broadcast a show already seen! Plot that seems almost like an option if it were not for these very innovations seen today. Narration similar, but not identical to the other. What will change? In addition to the many blows, blows and blows again, there is a shred of news about future opponents Ryuuko.
Nice design, beautiful new uniform Satsuki, even more than that of Ryuuko! I would say crap!
OST fits the genre!
The rating of 5/5 there is good, thanks to the news!
Oct 18, 2013 5:33 AM

Jan 2010
Xikarra said:

OMG. Yes, this. I love you for loving Ryuuko x Mikisugi
lmfao
Oct 18, 2013 6:00 AM

Dec 2012
This getting better and better. I honestly didn't like the first episode at all and I thought it would be a boring over the top action anime like TTGL but it's shaping up to be something more and I'm loving it. 5/5
Oct 18, 2013 6:08 AM

Dec 2010
Daaayummm 10/10 episode xD
Oct 18, 2013 6:24 AM

Feb 2010
Shannah67 said:
Xikarra said:

OMG. Yes, this. I love you for loving Ryuuko x Mikisugi

YES... I'm so glad you guys feel the same way! I'm shipping them hard. That smexy homeroom teach who can't keep his clothes on (thankfully...!) And the awesome sexy goddess that is Ryuko. Winning combo.
Oct 18, 2013 6:27 AM

Oct 2007
DancingJack said:
And if you really think fanservice was always a big part of animes, you clearly watched the wrong ones. So please don't tell me anything about me misunderstanding the medium, "expert". (Not that I know it better but atleast I don't pretend to do so.)

Just because you don't want to admit that there's been plenty of anime that have used fanservice (dismissing them as the "wrong" anime) in the past doesn't mean they actually didn't exist.
all for fun.fun for all
Oct 18, 2013 6:41 AM

Jul 2008
Badass episode!!! I was worried Satsuki might already be too overpowered with her godrobe but damn, Ryuuko unleashes her full potential too!! just sick!! :)

This battle should had been in the finale :D and it looks like the 2 of them will only fight again at the end :)
Oct 18, 2013 7:26 AM

Nov 2012
ahh so now satsuki also wears an ugly uniform
pretty nice episode, guess it's getting serious now. can't wait to see some more action! btw mako best character c:
Oct 18, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
awsome transformation plus the words made the scenes quite breathtaking :)
AqUar!An
Oct 18, 2013 8:08 AM
Jul 2012
DAT EPISODE. Now things are getting interesting :)

Eudaimonia said:
This episode confirmed my suspicions that Ruuko's revealing outfit was initially intended to increase the contrast between her and Satsuki among other things. The latter one depicted as the untouchable, cold-headed despot wearing the "wedding dress" presenting purity vs. Ruuko as the hot-blooded riotist who garners lecherous looks by men whereever she goes. Paired with her desire for revenge and her hideout localized in the unhygienic and run-down slums there couldn't be more of a difference between them.
All the more striking is the fact that it's Satsuki, corrupted by power and showing nothing but contempt for those under her rule, who is portrayed as a truly despicable being unlike Ryuko who has maintained her humble and good-natured personality despite some violent tendencies.

Now though that Junketsu, Satsuki's kamui turns out as an equally revealing outfit the term purity used by Satsuki gains a whole new meaning, that is to wholly embrace even the most humiliating measures. As such it's no surprise that her servants are literally blinded by her aura even when she undresses herself completely.

So far this show has been pretty blatant with its Third Reich analogies and it really isn't hard to see what it applies to: The pursuit of World Dominance on the Student Council's side along with unethical human experimentation. The aforementioned theme of purity is also applicable in this instance.
Not unlike how the Nazi government claimed purity for itself Satsuki's definition of purity is pretty twisted taking all her actions into account. While her motifs and ambitions are genuine and clear as day to see there is absolutely nothing "pure" regarding her way of governing and treatment of the powerless.

I love your opinion. The contrast is there. Satsuki's reasons may be good but the way she shows it (no pun intended) is wrong. And Ryouko is there to stop her way since it is technically wrong.
Oct 18, 2013 8:12 AM

Aug 2010
I liked the previous two episodes more, but this was still funny, packed with awesome action and stripperific fanservice. What more could you ask for? Saved/5.
Oct 18, 2013 8:38 AM

May 2013
totoum said:
DancingJack said:

Just because you don't want to admit that there's been plenty of anime that have used fanservice (dismissing them as the "wrong" anime) in the past doesn't mean they actually didn't exist.

Just because you don't want to admit that there's been plenty of anime that don't have used fanservice in the past doesn't mean they actually don't exist.

See, the same thing works the other way around aswell. Also I did admit it... actually I even started my last post doing so.
Please actually read my post next time before making something up that isn't true, okay?
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Jun 2008
I'm rooting for Satsuki x Ryuuko route!!! <3
yuri couple of the decade >.<
Oct 18, 2013 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
sick742 said:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=39138135
Oct 18, 2013 9:43 AM
Mar 2013
Tbh i fail to see why people expect much out of this. Doesn't look like the Anime of the season. score: 7-8 at best so far.
Oct 18, 2013 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, I... I... words I can't describe how...... marvelous this episode is. 5/5

Nice to see the information of the Goku suits and the Kamui suits and how they work on it. Oh man the fight scenes were just.... mindblowing amazing as well as the animation of it. And now she is going to fight the entire school with all her might.

I can't wait to see more of this, this probably my favorite anime of the fall season.

Oct 18, 2013 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
THIS WHOLE episode was damn awesome.

I love the fighting scenes and the animations

And dat fanservice O_o

Well this anime will be one of my favourites for this season for sure!
Oct 18, 2013 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
Lol, that was unexpected. when Mako suddenly showed up. :P HAHA
Oct 18, 2013 11:05 AM

Sep 2010
neontaster said:
sick742 said:

Let the shipping BEGIN!!!

I wasn't really sure how I felt about this show for the first 2 episodes but, this one has definitely got me psyched. Absolutely adored the Satsuki / Ryuuko fight, seriously felt the epicness of Gurren Lagann in it.

Lol and as a side note I found myself thinking as I was watching that scene that Satsuki and Ryuuko could potentially be great friends. (^v^)~♥”
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Oct 18, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
Good Gravy how much fan service! lol
Oct 18, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
BBLKing said:
That fuckin' implosion.

That implosion indeed.

Awesome fight with Satsuki!
Just hoping that Ryuuko-chan can still improve some in the next couple of episodes
Oct 18, 2013 12:09 PM

Feb 2012
Love this show!
Oct 18, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit that was fucking epic. And we're only in episode 3. Makes me wonder how epic the actual finale will be.
Either way, my body will be ready.

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAY
Oct 18, 2013 12:23 PM

Mar 2012
neontaster said:
Speaking of pixiv, someone made, "what Araby is watching this season, the crossover."

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=39197614

Edit: Awshit, I forgot about Non Non Biyori. I should (horribly) shop one of the characters in myself.
JoshOct 18, 2013 12:26 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 18, 2013 12:38 PM

Nov 2012
Man..... Can a combination be any more epic?
The style of TTGL along with the music of SnK

Sawano's music is very distinct in his works
Oct 18, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
I was lukewarm coming into this show because of the animation and while the first two episodes were good, they didn't have that wow factor. This episode made it all come together with that absolutely epic fight sequence and now I can't wait to see Ryuuko and Satsuki finish their fight as the finale.

Liked the whole insert song during the fight, didn't know that was the same singer as SnK.

This show definitely has major style and it shows in this episode, what a fun watch.

Full blog post + screencaps.
Oct 18, 2013 1:39 PM

Feb 2008
I'm starting to like the stripper-teacher, such an interesting character, and a good VA as well. Ryuuko is starting to grow on me as well, looks aside. Her VA is also brilliant. I didn't expect the uniforms to get even skimpier. Can't complain, though...

Fuck the Godrobes, Sawano Hiroyuki is the god!
Oct 18, 2013 1:44 PM

Dec 2011
The secret to power - getting naked!

And loved Senketsu's constant interruptions of the fight with random comments.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 18, 2013 1:58 PM

Jan 2012
THIS EPISODE. I can't explain how awesome it was.
TRIGGER, YOU'VE NOT ONLY SAVED ANIME, BUT DID IT IN SUCH AN EPIC STYLE.
Speechless as to how awesome this episode was.
Oct 18, 2013 2:00 PM

Jan 2008
Less fan service would be good for this show.
Oct 18, 2013 2:15 PM
Sep 2009
FUCKING EPIC!

... that is all.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 18, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
This is so hilariously over the top. I still don't know whether I love or hate it.
Oct 18, 2013 3:07 PM

Dec 2012
GREW said:
Less fan service would be good for this show.

Yeaah, the fight was cool and all, but this whole "gotta get naked!" over the top fanservice is just making it look like it's trying too hard. I literally had to stop to laugh and shake my head when the tits were bouncing during their power ups. Like really?
Oct 18, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2008
Dunno why people complain about the fanservice, this show doesn't even take itself remotely seriously so it's really not hurting anything.
Oct 18, 2013 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
At last, anime is truly saved!

JUNKETSU!
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.