Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 27, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
Needs more Kurumi.
Feb 18, 2014 12:56 AM

Jan 2012
complete trash..

would've dropped if it wasn't for inoue
Feb 21, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2012
That was quite good for a final episode. This series wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

As for the girls,

Kurumi = meh
Tohka = entertaining
Yoshino = adorable
Mana = awesome but needs more screentime
Reine = she's okay
Ryouko = has potential, fun to watch
Kotori = Best girl

7/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 22, 2014 12:21 PM
Jan 2010
LITERALLY 143CM
I
T
E
R
A
L
L
Y

C
M
Mar 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
Well, I must admit, even if the show is often really lewd, I didn't expected incest xD
I don't really mind though. I was so wrong in my last post :P

I guess that in the second season, we will see the true form of Efreet. One of her power must be to get into other people body to survive. There seem to be a bunch of new Spirits too.

Damn, poor amusement park, being the owner must be suffering xD

Also, again and again, poor Origami, she need some love :(
She have gone crazy, but after her parents death, she have no one to love her...

Yoshinon is not a cock-blocker but a kiss-blocker! :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 20, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Only character I didn't like was Origami (she should stick to paper folding - weak joke for weak character).

Kotori is your typical bro-con who uses violence to hide it but she's still cute I guess.

Tohka is so funny air-head but she's very likeable and the best girl for Shido imo.

Yoshino is adorable loli wish she gets more screen time in season 2 :3

I liked Kurumi but her arc wasn't very memorable for me. And they seemed to forget about her after...

Lot of questions went unanswered but it gets an enjoyment factor bonus cause there was never a dull moment so overall I give it 7.5/10 rounding up to 8/10.
Mar 21, 2014 9:38 PM

Mar 2014
REALLY? REALLY? DO WE ALWAYS GOTTA INTERRUPT THE KISS? I'M SO SORRY TOHKA.

Anyways, alright battle between Origami and the rest. That bitch is cray. Knowing Shidou, he'll carry on and be her friend but I would never be her friend after she was relentlessly trying to kill his sister. She only stopped cause she passed out.

I give this series 7/10. Pretty average but enjoyable. I'll definitely watch the 2nd season. Hope we get to complete the Kurumi arc as that was kind of just left in the dust.

Kill or kiss~!
Mar 30, 2014 4:58 PM
Jan 2014
Very fun series to watch.
The OP,OST and all of the ED songs were good and not out of place.
I enjoyed every one of the girls' characters.
It's funny how Shidou and Tohka kissed Yoshinon.
Can't wait for S2.

8/10 overall.
Mar 31, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2011
I didn't read the light novels.
But as a harem/ comedy anime it was okay. Better than something I watched few days ago. The harem part wasn't too "heavy" to stand.
That Origami just pissed me off. Too bad she didn't die. u_u
Yoshino (& Yoshinon <3) were definitly my favourite characters. They are so cuteeeee. Usually I don't like that type of character but it "wasn't too much", her way of being shy was perfect, she wasn't sticking her nose everywhere etc <3
I'd give a 7/10, i'll probably watch the second season because it still was fun.
Apr 27, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2011
It's kind of hilarious how, despite getting a small fraction of screen time, Kurumi turned out to be the most interesting spirit in the show. The rest was meh.
May 14, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Haha.. I quite liked it ^_^. Reminds me of a mix of The World God Only knows where the process is the same date then kiss then something happens. And there's lots of girls.
And a bit more of Highschool DxD where the accent is on action, ecchi and fan service.
Can't wait for S2 to get to ep 8-9 so I can marathon it.
May 26, 2014 2:44 AM

Nov 2013
Too much hate for Origami, you people should have your parents burnt alive in front of you to understand her;/
Jun 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
rasenshiruken973 said:
Only character I didn't like was Origami (she should stick to paper folding - weak joke for weak character).

Kotori is your typical bro-con who uses violence to hide it but she's still cute I guess.

Tohka is so funny air-head but she's very likeable and the best girl for Shido imo.

Yoshino is adorable loli wish she gets more screen time in season 2 :3

I liked Kurumi but her arc wasn't very memorable for me. And they seemed to forget about her after...

Lot of questions went unanswered but it gets an enjoyment factor bonus cause there was never a dull moment so overall I give it 7.5/10 rounding up to 8/10.

Kurumi's arc was the only good thing about this anime.. Maybe Kotori if it wasn't rushed towards the end.. Leaving us hanging like Prometheus

More questions instead of answers

Tohka grew more and more annoying.. Her character is solely wrapped around Shido's finger and her trying to be cute and "kawaii" is obviously forced and cringeworthy.. She's not funny.. She started out a strong character but faded

Yoshino offers nothing to the story besides being a worthless spirit but people like her because she's a loli and "kawaii" despite doing almost jack shit for 12 episodes

Pathetic

Origami got better over time so she's ok.. Still need to learn more about what happened

Kotori and Kurumi were undoubtedly the best things about this show..

6/10
TheGrandSage23Jul 16, 2014 11:07 AM
Jun 9, 2014 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
Great ending 10/10.Loved so much this anime,it was so great :D
I hate so much Origami,at least she got what she deserved xD
Kotori <3 Her cuteness level is +90000,that moment when she said: "I love you Onii-Chan",wit that cute voice...i melted :) And in the end when he said that she got a cute hair tie she said again "Arigatou Onii-Chan",so she loved him at max level all this time :D
Thanks to Tohka & Yoshino they managed to save Kotori ^^
That kiss in the end ahahaha almost x) Tohka & Yoshino are so adorable omg,i love them all so much.
Great show 10/10 :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 14, 2014 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
sadfacelv said:
Too much hate for Origami, you people should have your parents burnt alive in front of you to understand her;/
Completely agree with you... Do your words mine...

Sadfacelv, the way is to (try to) ignore those people who do not know what they are talking about Origami. Probably they can not imagine the pain she felt and feel after seeing her parents die in front of her burned.

There are too many "fanboys" in the manga/anime "World", unfortunately... They're type of people who interest only on the characters that please them... Because of this, they are not able to interpret (and feel) a story (and feelings) of another character, regardless of their personality type...

TechOtakuJun 20, 2014 6:59 AM
Jul 26, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
Weak ending. Good thing it got a second season, otherwise it would be shit. I haven't read the novels but I can feel it's rushed like you people say.

The series : the plot is nothing outstanding of course, MC is shit like in every harem, gurlz are cute/hot and episodes went by very quickly so I guess it was entertaining. Also Kurumi was a badass vilain. I hope s2 isn't as shitty as people say. The 'romance' tag is a joke. Hmmm.. 6/10

Edit: And a fun fact: this guy http://myanimelist.net/character/75394/Kyouhei_Kannazuki was probably my fav character.
AizixJul 26, 2014 4:16 PM
Aug 5, 2014 12:14 AM

Nov 2013
Kotori confirmed bro-con at ending if it wasn't clear before.
Aug 25, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Date A Live for me is like a double edged sword. What makes it good is also the one that makes it bad. Its hodge podge of genres (Action, Comedy, Drama, Harem, Mecha, Gore you could probably name some more) is quite entertaining but it also makes it sort of like scattered everywhere. The sequence of events is also fast same goes to the transition of episodes. First you are laughing then in a flash it went back to being drama which left a feeling of being rushed. The harem aspect is too over bearing to the point of being annoying. Though I still prefer they focus more on the story like what the heck are those "spacequakes" which got me to watch this in the first place. What exactly is that dimension where those spirits came from?

With that said I still give this an 8/10 because even though the pacing is very bad those funny scenes are really hilarious (e.g those dates scenes, the narration before the opening theme song, the girl who always says "Gross") and those drama scenes are really emotional. I will still watch the second season because of the unfinished Kurumi arc which makes the whole series worth watching.

P.S I wish some organization will guide me in dates (if I ever have one) but on second thought with someone with an alias of "Bad Marriage" on the team I rather pass.
ExcaliburJoshAug 25, 2014 12:44 PM
Aug 29, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2013
meh. all the drama was actually lame. it tried so hard so make the viewers feel the feels but in the end it's ridiculous. all the screaming of Shidou is annoying and cringe worthy as fuck. so uncool. but at the very least I kinda enjoyed this series

6/10
Sep 13, 2014 12:35 PM
Nov 2013
I really rather liked this series and can't wait for the second season, movie and OVA's to be dubbed hopefully. Seems to be a lot of critics in this thread but the votes are positive overall, I assume it is because the unsatisfied are almost always the most vocal, and I think those people that are being negative probably don't like harem's in general. If that is so then why comment for an anime that is of a genre that you just don't like? Seems kinda silly to me....

At any rate it isn't quite Masterpiece material, but I will give it a 9/10 because I did feel it was Very Good to Great. It does feel like they were kind of rushing things somewhat even though I haven't read the source material it kind of does give off that vibe. If they fleshed things out fully and slowed down the pace some it may have been a 10, who knows? I get the feeling it was rushed because they wanted to squeeze as much in 12 episodes as they could on the off chance that there was no season 2, which is a shame as a more deliberate pace of the material over a greater number of episodes probably would have been better overall. Hind sight is always 20/20 though...here's to hoping that they slow down the pace in season 2 and maybe flesh out some things that they skipped with OVA's or the movie.
Oct 17, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss,.... and he kissed the Yoshinon. 10/10 for this emotional story. Great Anime! ;) :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 9, 2014 3:36 PM

May 2014
Hahah that ending so funny..
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Nov 13, 2014 7:18 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
After goes rage mode, Origami ends up strapped to some type of stretcher. Those people are really making sure Origami doesn't pull another stunt like that.

So Kotori is back to human. Only thing left to explain after this is who or what was behind Kotori. Also, looks like Kurumi is up to something since she was shown briefly at the rooftop.

Tohka wanted a kiss but Yoshinon steps in and doesn't let Shido kiss her lol.

8/10
Would've liked to see more Kurumi.

Dec 28, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2014
This was a pretty enjoyable show. Best character was tohka and maybe kurumi the rest were weak, and it's not like I didn't like origami or I don't sympathize with her it's that she didn't seem interesting and I dreaded her scenes with shido. I also hated (yes more than origami) kotori for most of the series but she redeemed herself in this last arc.

My honest rating for this would be 6.5/10 but because I'm not watching anime to be a critic I'd say 8/10 for me. The enjoyment factor bumped it up despite its weak storyline and cliche characters. I think it's the ability to combine a story and scene with characters and build interactions between them that makes "mediocre" become "mediocre but enjoyable".

I know there is a lot of hate towards this series but after watching it myself I'd say this is now one of my top guilty pleasure animes. Bottom line - don't bother coming in with high expectations and this will be a blast. Will definitely be checking out the second season when I have time.
Jan 4, 2015 7:07 AM
Mar 2013
In the earlier episode, it was reported that Kotori's feelings for Shido won't go better (nor worse), so Shido wasn't sure if it was the right moment for him to kiss her this time.
Surely, it was theoretically impossible for her feelings to become more satisfied if she had been saturated already, before they had the date. I guess that was kinda typical punchline but still, I love the conclusion.
htsujiJan 4, 2015 7:15 AM
Mar 29, 2015 3:21 AM

Nov 2009
Oh my God dat scene with the Kotori/Shido kiss was so good and probably the most satisfying one of the series even though Tohka had a great arc.
Going to give this series a 9/10 I ended up enjoying this way more then I thought it was going to and I am now looking forward to watching season 2.
May 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Mar 2015
Just watched this awesome anime! Oh my God that kiss with Kotori is probably the best thing out of all the kisses that happened. Also.... Kotori have the first kiss! Not Tohka! Yes!

It was a very good arc, kind of feel rushed, this is because the director focused too much on Tohka, they should realize by now that Tohka is not the only girl in Date A Live. They need to be considerate with other girls like Kurumi and Kotori.

Kotori and Kurumi are the best girls of Date A Live. Here's to waiting the movie and hoping for season 3!

May 15, 2015 2:48 AM
Nov 2014
Nonsensical plots and a very generic MC but he fits his role (Shido is super generic if he is in other anime series that isn't a harem, but as a harem mc he was really enjoyable). The grills are great tho... especially Kurumi/Nightmare, she was just something else. 8/10 after rewatching it three times, I've grown to really like this series as a whole.
VirginAmirulMar 27, 2020 1:19 PM
Jul 10, 2015 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Finished this amazing anime. Excited for when I get around for Season 2 and the movie. Honestly the comedy was perfect for me and the MC wasn't completely pathetic. He didn't even blink when he was in a hot spring with a bunch of naked girls, that's a big change.

Overall I was afraid of not liking this at all since the premise was to "conquer" girls like in TWGOK and I didn't like that anime. But in Date A Live I find that it is a thousand times better than TWGOK. We have female characters that actually stick around, matter and you can get attached to instead of boring ones only created for 3 episodes only to be discarded like in TWGOK.

Tohka is best girl, Yoshino was always cute and Kurumi was hella interesting. I'm glad we got to see at least a little bit of Kurumi in the last episode to see what was up with her. Ecchi scenes were also not overused too much.

All around an enjoyable harem/action/romance anime.

That OP narrator was stupidly funny

9/10 score for the season
Sep 4, 2015 12:10 AM

Jul 2014
Almost flipped the table. G**dammit Yoshinon! Ruined a beautiful moment!
Sep 18, 2015 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
A pretty bland and disappointing ending. They just had to end it with Cthuko rip-off/worst girl Kotori's arc. I can't stand her.
Oct 12, 2015 9:02 PM

Feb 2015
i used up three days of my life to get some disgusting crap in the end?

yea dropping this. didn't even see the rest. ecchi? fine. wincest? you seriously couldn't have written it any other way? you HAD to repulse the audience (well, me at least) by a sister crying out she loves her freaking brother?

.......done. sad, considering the action was great all around.
TomDayOct 12, 2015 9:08 PM
Nov 10, 2015 2:19 PM

Oct 2010
Nice animation during the fight scenes. They stopper Origami pulling the trigger just barely. So let's get this straight. Kotori was using drugs to stay alive and she could have been saved immediately if Shidou kissed her right away, but they wanted him to take her out to a date, endangering her life. Reason: She was looking forward to the date!'' *sigh* He could have dated her after he sealed her powers. Stupid.

This show was all over the place. First three episodes were good but then pacing went to hell. Scenes transition from one part to other, never fully developing it nor answering questions. Tohko's cuteness and Origami's sexual assaults were funny and things like that I found enjoyable. Most of the scenes that involved characters doing something were generally boring. I don't know how MC felt cuz' he never expressed his opinion... unless someone is about to die. Seriously, as soon as one's character arc ends, Shidou acts like it happened years ago and interacts with those people far less as he is fully concentrated with another character.

Last scene, Tohka wanted a kiss and MC was just ''OK''. Is there any emotion in there? I just see him blushing but he acts like a robot.

Don't know how LN is but this needed better direction. Still, it had it's moments.
CrimruiNov 12, 2015 4:45 PM
Jan 27, 2016 6:49 PM

Feb 2010
I'm so confused O_O idk how or when but i already watched this episode. That's really weird..maybe i accidentally watched the last episode? Ihave no clue. haha It was ok. The characters were SOOO cute. The story line was meh. 7/10 which is my average rating
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Feb 10, 2016 4:03 AM
Feb 2009
finally was able to finish this series ever since it came out lol
Feb 25, 2016 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
For all its issues (there were a lot btw), still found it fun in a few places, really loved some of the girls like Tobiichi, Kurumi and Kotori to some extent. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
A pretty nice final episode, though I really just wanted to punch Origami this time around. She was ok/funny in the previous episodes, but she just went batshit crazy and became completely unlikeable in this episode. Kotori's cute side was so nice to see, and it really did become pretty good once Kurumi entered. Overall a pretty decent ride...it had a terrible storyline but some great characters so I guess a 6/10, will have to see the OVA and sequel and possibly read the LN depending on how rushed the anime was.
Mar 24, 2016 6:15 AM
Mar 2016
Gan Download BBM Theme Tokisai Kurumi Form Date a live . Di jamin mantap :v Fitur2nya Juga Oke. Silahkan Sedot :3

http://www.hyonime.net/2016/03/theme-bbm-tokisaki-kurumi.html
Jun 15, 2016 1:22 PM

Jan 2016
The dating continues!! :P Really liked the ending!
Origami going berserk, i mean hell all nuts on revenge, (really annoying i most say)
Next season or wha ever (maybe) xD Still got a OVA to watch, but anyway Really liked
this anime/Story diffidently going to download this n eveything! ^^

Overall 8.9/10 (9/10)
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 18, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2013
What the hell is wrong with Origami attacking an amusement park? Jeez...
Well that was actually a pretty bad anime imo, I just can't handle such stupid characters :/
3/10
Jul 18, 2016 12:29 PM

May 2016
Well gotta look forward to the next season after finishing this one, it wasn't that bad tho but i was expecting something better at least for the end!
Sep 8, 2017 6:26 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, Kotori's date was nice, but it still felt kind of rushed :S I guess they had to wrap up the story lol. Of course Origami wanted to get her revenge, but Tohka and Yoshino were there to save the day! The confession and kiss were pretty nice actually ... hehe, and of course the reveal that Kotori always loved Shido lol :3 I guess it's confirmed that Efreet was the spirit that "took over" Kotori, but we still don't know why or how ... oh well. Decent enough ending I guess :P

Anyway I thought this show was overall surprisingly enjoyable! I thought it was gonna be a generic harem anime, but it actually had pretty good action with nice animation and art. Plus I also liked most of the cast of characters too! Music was fairly good, and the plot was ... well, definitely wasn't the best given the genre, but at least it was fun to watch! 7/10
Oct 24, 2017 12:23 AM

Jan 2012
That moment Reine reveals Kotori's love levels are always at maximum...

Mar 21, 2019 4:15 PM

Mar 2016
Origami straight up became a ToBITCHi... Her desire to take revenge on the flame spirit not only made her cross the line of duty by stealing that new mecha suit, and reigning destruction on a civilian-dense area but also made her cross the line of general relationship, willing to kill even Kotori, despite being acquaintanced with her. This bitch-like action of her also contradicts her wish to not let other people feel the same feelings as she did when she lost her parents. In the end, she's too weak for the mecha suit and didn't get to kill anyone. She's at least saved from going down the path which Mana have gone through.

Kissing Kotori gave them both their memories of 5 years ago back! Still, what happened over 5+ years ago when Shido was still around with Mana??? Anyway, cute kiss, I adore their relationship! Kotori turns out to not be a very annoying tsundere imouto after all! Besides, she's really cute when she get along with Shido, especially when they kissed!

Date A Live, yeah... Got its ups and down, but can't deny that I'm really interested in the story. The harem is actually not very forced, which I'm really glad it didn't. Everything else is all good. But...
GIVE ME MORE KURUMI!!!
Apr 27, 2019 12:00 AM

Apr 2009
I feel weird on these people that likes this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2019 3:03 PM
Apr 2016
Well, the battle is over, Shida of course stopped both of them. Overall horrible anime, the plot is horrible, ecchi-wise it's horrible, too. A couple of times the jokes made me smile, so that's something at least.

2.5/10
Jul 5, 2019 8:00 AM

Nov 2013
Kotori was cute during the continuation of the date and acting tsun again.

Too Bitchy is causing trouble as usual. Even with the new weapon, she is no match for the spirits. That Tohka and Yoshino came to help was great.

All's well that ends well. I only wonder what became of Kurumi.

And of course there's the question what exactly happened 5 years ago. But at least Shido and Kotori regained their memories, so they have a lead.
TheBigGuyJul 5, 2019 8:07 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 16, 2019 11:03 AM
Apr 2018
Can we talk about how Origami just stole new military equipment and committed an act of terror with it? Sure Noone died but you would expect her to get in military prison and kicked out of the military would you?

But she sure only gets some talk and maybe a small demotion.

But that's the only thing wrong with the show imo.
Apr 29, 2020 10:47 PM

Feb 2018
Erogami, lol. Great anime.
Jul 20, 2020 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
After stopping at episode 9 for some odd reason and not watching it for more than a year, I decided to rewatch and finish this series.

I think this was an alright show. Nothing too special. I enjoyed Kurumi's arc the most.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

205 by winddevil1 »»
May 11, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

275 by WolfManZylo »»
May 9, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

182 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

175 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

223 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 4, 2:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.