Forum Settings
Forums

Which KEY adaptations is the best? (Clannad, Kanon, etc.) Provide reasons!

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 15, 2013 4:58 AM

Dec 2012
1. Angel Beats
2. Clannad
3. Kanon

All of them are good, except for Kanon, I just didn't like that, it was like watching Clannad all over again. I liked Angel Beats a lot because of the comedy it provided, I lol'd a lot.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

May 15, 2013 6:15 AM

Aug 2012
Angel Beats > Clannad Afterstory> Kanon 2006 > Clannad > Air > (Little Busters?)

I'm a Key fan and I love all of Key's anime.

Let's add Little Busters to the fight, shall we?
May 15, 2013 6:22 AM

Feb 2013
Only seen Clannad and Angel Beats. While they both sucked, I found Angel Beats to be a little better.
May 15, 2013 6:24 AM

Jan 2012
Why aren't you mentioning anohana too?
anyway Clannad AS I guess
May 15, 2013 6:26 AM

Dec 2012
I'd say Clannad, it had the most impact on me and was the anime that really opened my eyes to romance/drama in regards to anime.

Kanon was ok, Air seemed very slow and angel beats had potential but i feel like it was too short and didn't develop the characters enough.

May 15, 2013 6:30 AM

Jan 2012
will let you know when i have watched kanon and air... but clannad beats angel beats by far!
May 15, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2011
Jordooee253 said:
renders said:

Ano hana is in a different league.

Totally.
May 15, 2013 6:57 AM
May 2010
OriginANIME said:
Jordooee253 said:
renders said:

Ano hana is in a different league.

Totally.

Its certainly up there, but an entirely different league? Not even..
Worships Asparagus.
May 15, 2013 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
Clannad After story
Then Kanon
Angel beats in third position
Air in four position

I heard of little busters from key too, I'll watch it next week because Key's anime are just too much beautiful
May 15, 2013 9:42 AM
May 2011
Kanon
Clannad
Air
Angel Beats
May 15, 2013 10:15 AM

Sep 2011
renders said:

Well I guess because these four (5 with Little Busters!) were all made by Key and AnoHana has nothing to do with that.
May 15, 2013 11:04 AM

Nov 2010
ok if this topic will get dug up (again) you could maybe ask a mod to add litlle busters to the list????

or better yet! just let them lock this one and create a new "wich key novel adaptation"
May 15, 2013 11:11 AM
May 2013
1: Clannad and Angel Beats.

2: Kanon.

I have not yet watched Air, but I plan to do so.
May 15, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2013
I didn't like any of them, but Angel Beats wins by far. Only because of

How I'd rank the other three:

1. Clannad AS
2. Kanon
3. Air/Clannad
AnguishedMay 15, 2013 11:15 AM
May 15, 2013 11:18 AM
Mar 2011
this about o the games or the anime cuase key are not an animation studio there a game maker
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 15, 2013 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
Only right order.
1. Clannad After Story.
2. Kanon
3. Clannad
4. Air
May 15, 2013 12:22 PM
Mar 2011
kannon 2002
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 15, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
Leapling said:

1. Clannad AS
2. Kanon
3. Air/Clannad

I thought the train scene was weak and unrealistic.Try reading dragon head there's no way people are that calm and nice in a situation like that
May 15, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2012
I guess I'd rank them like

Angel Beats!
Clannad/AS
Kanon
Air

And I haven't watched Little Busters yet. I think imo Angel Beats was more emotional, Clannad didn't really get like that until the middle of AS, but like I said, that's just my opinion.
May 15, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2013
renders said:
Leapling said:

1. Clannad AS
2. Kanon
3. Air/Clannad

I thought the train scene was weak and unrealistic.Try reading dragon head there's no way people are that calm and nice in a situation like that

Thank you very much for the recommendation!

By the way, how did you feel about Nagisa's and Ushio's death? I thought that was really lame.

Now watch Clannad fans kill me for this. xD
May 15, 2013 12:46 PM

Feb 2010
AirStyles said:
JustALEX said:
Clannad AS was so fucking disappointing.

It has ZERO redeeming qualities.

Unlike Clannad which had uplifting comedy and a great cast of characters to counterbalance the very sad stories.....Clannad AS is nonstop depressing shit one after another.

OH and don't even get me started on that retarded ending....

Please do elaborate on the "retarded" ending.

Share what you don't understand about it, and I'll see if I can answer them.

AirStyles always there to defend clannad AS's ending.

I haven't watched it but it does sound retarded from what i heard.
May 15, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Vanisher said:
AirStyles said:
JustALEX said:

Unlike Clannad which had uplifting comedy and a great cast of characters to counterbalance the very sad stories.....Clannad AS is nonstop depressing shit one after another.

It's poorly adapted. The whole timeline of the VN was changed, which does affect the ending, and they didn't even bother at least explaining it correctly and how it's linked to all past events of the story.
May 15, 2013 12:52 PM

Nov 2010
Leapling said:
By the way, how did you feel about Nagisa's and Ushio's death? I thought that was really lame.

Now watch Clannad fans kill me for this. xD

think that's just how the story goes in the VN :D and they chose the "best" route to make the series :)

for me it wasn't lame after all pieces came together (ok for the second one i had a short feeling of the "lame" you are talking about hahaha)

and for me

clannad AS - for the tearjerker moments
angel beats - for it's awsome soundtrack (god, realy i can't stop listing)
kanon - i just liked it :D
air - i just didn't like it like i liked the rest (god what a weird sentence hehe)

litlle busters? i'll wait refrain to air (and finish) before i put it on the list hehe :) for now it's at the same place kanon is at :D (but then again clannad won me over because of the second season hehe)

and also, again a big thanks to Tachii for changing the title to something more apropriate :D
May 15, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2008
It's hard to say "what is the best" out of them, I will say that Clannad's anime adaption was super good, and Little busters anime adaption wasn't very high quality, That being said, Little buster is my fave, however I wouldn't say its the best anime. When I was watching the LB! anime, 1st episode my recation was HOLY SHIT IT HAS ANIME NOW, and FUCK KYOTO ANIMATION THIS COULD OF BEEN BETTER!!!! I knew what the story was, even if the anime did have flaws in it that the vn didn't have I don't care, they don't effect my judgement on the series because I already know. when I look at it as in anime, it could have done better, but the anime did one thing the vn couldn't have done, it ANIMATED IT! My reaction to clannad was complete reverse of this. I went from Holy crap high budget, epic animation, great script and all. To hey look cutouts that barely move, oh wait I get more detail right? thats good? NO I am glad what they cut out of the vn for clannad, so naturally when I read the VN after viewing the anime, in my head the whole time the anime just sort of played in a blurry way, while I stared at cutouts... yeah.... so not a fan of the clannad vn at all....

As for the rest of the bunch I felt air seemed good, but it felt like it had problems because it was an anime, and got rushed a little. I don't know for sure cause I never read the vn so who knows? Clannad was way stronger anime because of air had this problem, Kanon seemed like it was alot less rushed and well set out, I feel like the art was really good, however I think clannad improves on this, plus clannad was even longer, so naturally when you get to the end of clannad after it is more impactful. I don't even think clannad season 1 was really that great, if you had to put all of after and 1st season it wouldn't be near as good, and if you had to put it in 13 episodes like air, It would likely have the same problems as air.
May 15, 2013 6:17 PM

Mar 2013
clannad is the best then kannon then air
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

May 15, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
Not sure if I've posted in this thread, but if I did, oh well, opinion may have changed. In terms of my own preferences

Angel Beats > Clannad AF > Little Busters = Clannad > Air > Kanon 2006. Never watched the original Kanon, though I never finished 2006 one to begin with.

The thing I dislike most about Key shows are once they finish the arc of a character, they become nearly irrelevant in the future. Clannad does this, Air does this and I believe Kanon did too?. Angel Beats would probably have done it if they didn't rush the ending considering how that's what suppose to happen. It happened in Little Buster as well but they were just 'there' if you know what I mean, like Clannad.
May 15, 2013 6:30 PM

Mar 2012
Waiting for Refrain to out before deciding. Thought Angel Beats still in my favorite.

And recently finishing AS. Let's just say that I'm dissapointed. One of the thing is because the build up is long, I don't really like Nagisa to begin with thought I like Ushio, I like Kyou better, and since I'm a spoiler free person I'm already know what will happen before watch thought usualy it doesn't affect me but this time it was reducing my enjoyment.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 16, 2013 5:28 AM

Mar 2012
I could be wrong, but I don't think Angel Beats is a Key "adaptation." Key created the character models for that series but it wasn't an adaptation of anything at the time.

Anyway, while I haven't seen all of the Key adaptations (I've only seen both Clannads and Kanon 2006), here's how I can imagine they'd look...

Clannad: AS - 9.16, 4th on MAL
Clannad - 8.57, 66th on MAL
Kanon (2006) - 8.42, 125th on MAL
Air - 7.72, 880th on MAL
Little Busters - 7.55, 1216th on MAL

I can't think of any other Key VNs that got adapted. I wish someone would adapt Rewrite already because I think it'd make for a pretty good anime series (just by appearances alone).

As for me, I really liked both Clannads and Kanon (2006) pretty equally. I thought they were all great in their own ways and really moved me on an emotional level. I'd probably go Clannad: AS > Kanon (2006) > Clannad in that order.
ToucanbirdMay 16, 2013 5:50 AM
May 16, 2013 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
It's not fair to list Clannad and Clannad After Story as separate shows, especially to the other Key adaptions that only have one season. After Story is just Clannad Season 2. It would be like treating each season of The Last Airbender as different shows. Both stories are in the VN anyway.
May 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Jun 2009
Vanisher said:
AirStyles said:
JustALEX said:

There we go.

If you haven't watch it, how am I to explain it using examples/explanation that are already in place in the show?

Do you even know who the side character Miyazawa Yukine is?(A lot of them so-call side characters actually plays huge parts in Clannad's world building)
Guess not.

EDIT: I defend Clannad, because it's unjustifiably attacked most of the time.

"I don't get how that happen"
"That just came out of no where"
"I don't understand/pay attention, therefor Dues Ex Machina"
"It doesn't make sense, thus killed it for me"

What's funny is, the answer is right there in front of them, they just need to pay attention to what they deemed "Unnecessary dialogs"
AirStylesMay 16, 2013 1:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2013 1:01 PM

Jun 2009
Litrydow said:
Vanisher said:
AirStyles said:
JustALEX said:

It's poorly adapted. The whole timeline of the VN was changed, which does affect the ending, and they didn't even bother at least explaining it correctly and how it's linked to all past events of the story.

The way I see it, the VN doesn't even need to come into the equation to explain the whole story.

I watched it prior to reading VN, and everything made sense. The most common mistake people made when watching Clannad is

AirStylesMay 16, 2013 1:16 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2013 3:55 AM

Sep 2011
Clannad/After Story > Kanon > Little Busters > Air.

And yeah, really hoping for Rewrite adaption(White Fox or Ufotable, if possible goddammit, please).

May 21, 2013 4:41 AM

Sep 2012
Well. For me best KEY adaptation is Little Busters (yeah, it sucks :3) and 2nd is Angel Beats. I think that other adaptations are too borring (for me). but... maybe i'll like them later..
May 21, 2013 7:39 AM

Nov 2010
AirStyles said:

The way I see it, the VN doesn't even need to come into the equation to explain the whole story.

I watched it prior to reading VN, and everything made sense. The most common mistake people made when watching Clannad is

this should be a sticky topic in the clannad forums -_-

i have never even played/read a VN... and clannad was as clear as a bell when i got to the end... so i have to agree with mr. AirStyles. but then again this is one of the biggest problems on MAL "oh i have the attention span of an ashtray, i don't get this anime so it must be shit"

just look at how bad people where talking about sasami-san@ganbaranai... i was googling every episode just to have a clue what was happening, and guess what! the story was awsome!!!
Jun 29, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2012
naah too obvious
Jun 29, 2013 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
my rank : clannad>angel beats>little busters. ( from my point of view abut the drama ) and i haven't watch another key production except those 3
Jun 29, 2013 7:57 PM

May 2013
haven't watched air, so..
1. Clannad AS
2. Kanon (2006)
3. Clannad
4. Angel Beats
5. Little Busters
Angel Beats could get higher rank if the story isn't rushed
Jun 29, 2013 9:44 PM

Mar 2012
Angel Beats is the worst, Kanon is the best
Jun 29, 2013 10:20 PM

Jul 2011
favorite anime adaptation is Clannad.

Other Thoughts: Favorite Visual Novel is Little Busters.
While a lot will agree Clannad is the best adaptation, that is only because of its season 2 After Story, the first season really had nothing special.

Little Busters season 1 is also nothing spectacular just like Clannads' well, let me just say wait for Little Buster Refrain (season 2) in 2014. It definitely has a chance to take the top. :D
Jun 29, 2013 10:30 PM

Oct 2012
HumorUAFD said:
Little Busters should get an anime XD

WOAH your wish came true you know. haha.
Clannad for meeee!
Jun 29, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2010
Me personally I enjoyed AIR but sadly alot of ppl did not seem to...i guess it was confusing the first time you see it but i felt more emotion from Air and from Air the movie then i did with Kanon and Clannad,.. But, Clannad was a good one though the beginning felt like any other Harem but After Story made it all worth the watch, I guess my reason for not enjoyin it more then i wish I did was cause most ppl online like to spoil it everywhere and every chance they got

So all in all for me Air takes the cake :D
Anime/Manga Gives Heart To The World <3

http://www.youtube.com/user/lust4lyfe101
Jun 29, 2013 11:49 PM

Mar 2011
Clannad AS. Time gave you the ability to become attached to the characters so the impacts were great. Nice story and visuals.

I found Air to be completely awful. The worst one by far. Weak characters and the story was slow, boring and didn't captivate me at all. No feels were had.

I really enjoyed Kanon. Little Busters and Angel Beats were decent.
Jan 7, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
Clannad was by far the best, then comes Angel Beats and lastly AirTV.

Didn't watch Kanon (yet)
Jan 7, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
Air is the worst. That show was so incoherent I had no idea what the second half was even about.

Kanon is the best. It was like Clannad Afterstory, but without the terrible first season. Unlike Clannad, I liked the characters in Kanon and wasn't bored
Jan 7, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2013
clannad by far
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jan 7, 2014 8:23 PM
Sep 2013
Kanon
Jan 7, 2014 8:38 PM

Feb 2010
Clannad > Little Busters! > Kanon > Air

Though Little Busters! and Air have the best endings by far.
Jan 8, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Not going to even try to watch Air since I no longer like KEY art stlye. The eyes.....

Clannad AS was good.
Kanon was BORING
AB was meh
Jan 9, 2014 11:29 AM

May 2010
Definitely Clannad, though I love most of their adaptations. Second for me is probably Kanon, third LB! and then AB!. Honestly I didn't like Air that much like other ones, it was too depressing and characters weren't so likeable. AB! could be one of the best, but it was waaay too short and fast-paced. Too bad, it had a lot of potential.

LB! could be the best but it's also too fast-paced and the adaptation omitted some really important parts. Comparing to it, Clannad and Kanon are just perfect adaptations.
Jan 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Jun 2011
I've only seen Clannad and Angel Beats so I'll go with Clannad.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone can tell me what are key differences between Shonen and Seinen shows?

ZeroMajor12 - 10 hours ago

20 by DigiCat »»
1 minute ago

» I asked AI : what will the next kyoani project?

Pinoffin - 1 hour ago

11 by SgtBateMan »»
4 minutes ago

» Which anime character design has the most look-alikes?

-Haoto- - 1 hour ago

5 by -Haoto- »»
5 minutes ago

» Why is Isekai Anime So Mainstream

district_marvel - 10 hours ago

24 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Does an Anime with Good Fanbase even exist?

Dragevard - 9 hours ago

22 by Jackof-allspades »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.