Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 8, 2013 8:17 PM

Nov 2009
I don't know how it was easy to guess Masaoka's relation to Gino...
I was pretty damn surprised when it was revealed that Masaoka is Gino's father....
Apr 8, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2007
MagicFlier said:
I don't know how it was easy to guess Masaoka's relation to Gino...
I was pretty damn surprised when it was revealed that Masaoka is Gino's father....

Yeah, there's a very few couple of hints but even paying attention to those there's no reason to assume they are related (especially when in the modern day you wouldnt work with family, let alone in a situation like this typically). I feel anyone saying it was obvious is just doing it in retrospect and ignoring that fact.
Apr 10, 2013 8:54 AM
Jul 2018

Masaoka is Gino's father?! Oh my, Gino-kun is really cold towards him.
Apr 26, 2013 5:24 AM
Mar 2010
Really good episode. I never thought that Masoka would be Ginoza's father, that was a good twist. Ginoza's boss at the end was also interesting. I wonder if Akane is one of those people whose psycho-pass doesn't really change, as in like Makishima.
Apr 26, 2013 9:22 PM

Oct 2011
Merue said:
wow, dat old lady at last scene was creppy. i think shougo isnt really main bad guy at this show, only he is trying to save country from sibly system or this machine life, maybe..? it becomes more and more complicated.

lol he is definitely a main antagonist, but the woman and the whole system are main antagonists too (at least it seems like they are foreshadowing it)
shougo might be rebelling against the system but he is also everyone's enemy.. going around killing so many innocent people (directly and indirectly)
Apr 28, 2013 10:10 AM

Nov 2009
Does it matter if a person is innocent or not? In the end, Makishima and the guys from the Bureau kill. But, for the Bureau, this sin is forgiven, since they do it, oh, for the good!
May 1, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
I keep being pleasantly surprised by these episodes. Unlike most anime with a nice setting this one actually deepens it by going into detail about it, and portraying characters who had to deal with the change in society, the fact that not everyone accepts the world as it currently is and such, and that pleases me. I hate it when an anime has a nice setting but totally ruins it by just ignoring it for a great deal or by being really inconsistent to it. And also, characters are not made out to be really useless when they're not the main character of the show, like in so many other ones.

May 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Jan 2012
i'm really losing my patience with this,every episode is boring as f***
May 26, 2013 5:41 AM

May 2012
The episode I thought would happen after the 11th episode, they could've just put the 12th episode after this really! But damn for Akane to relive that situation twice :/

Oh well lets see what's next!
Jun 21, 2013 5:35 PM

Jan 2013
Tsunemori is probably like Makishima and the other teacher from the academy in that their hues don’t readily become clouded. Tsunemori is also acting like Kougami did; going to great lengths and putting her psycho-pass at risk to continue the case. He sees her determination and comments on it once he gets out of the hospital.

Also wanted to mention this before but they might not be on Earth since we see what looks like a blue planet behind that old lady’s (who’s in charge) desk.

So Masaoka is Ginoza’s dad. I wonder if that old lady is his mom.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 22, 2013 4:36 PM

Mar 2012
Ah ha! So Masoaka was Gino's father after all. Pretty good episode.

renders said:
i'm really losing my patience with this,every episode is boring as f***

What? o.O
Jun 27, 2013 2:56 AM

Dec 2009
The post ending comment from the Chief is some nice foreshadowing...

I'd say that the hue of the Psycho-Pass is some sort of measure of faith. The conversation between Masaoka and Ginoza seemed to talk about doubt, and that seemed to be the explanation to how Masaoka became an Enforcer.

Also agree that Episode 12 feels like filler especially since Kagari hasn't had a backstory haha, but we'll see if Rina becomes relevant somehow
Jul 10, 2013 1:46 AM

Apr 2010
I didn't see that one coming, that Masaoka is Gino's father. Hmmm I really am starting to dislike Akane again for some reason that's quite beyond me!

But I hope Gino's condition doesn't get worse...Urgh xD
Jul 17, 2013 1:25 AM

Oct 2011
That old dude was Gino's father? holy shit.
And I remember from the previous episode that Gino was as well labeled as a latent criminal because his father was one and that he places the blame on him (I believe). I like the old dude though.
Why is this show so fucking good.
Jul 18, 2013 6:36 PM

Feb 2010
So his former partner and his dad are enforcers. Is the blonde chick his cousin and the old lady her grandmother too?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Death_Acolyte said:
Does anyone else like when the characters say.. SPOOKAY BOOGAY!!?

YES. Especially Kagari.

Holy crap, Masaoka is Gin's papi..who saw that coming? Now we understand his coldness toward him, namely his blow up on him during the factory case early on.

This is getting so good.
Omg I agree with all of the above! xD
Nov 10, 2013 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
I like Akane more and more. The incident with her late friend changed her to be more determined to solve this case.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 6, 2013 11:25 PM

Jul 2009
great episode as always!!

love the new animation they put! so colourful!!

i have a feeling that director of the bureau hiding something. it's pretty much confirmed that the system is flawed as hell, and people can just judge or not be judge depending on mere range of numbers.

RIP Yuki. they even have a animation like in his picture.

Akane was brave for having to go through that hell once again. man Ginzo really slapped the hell out of her!! can't believe Akane's Psycho-Pass didn't get worse. maybe there is something special about her ^^

so Masaoka was Ginzo's father huh? i wonder how his Psycho Pass clouded in the first place? maybe has something to do with his mother being dead?

so the director already knew who Makishima is? definitely suspicious. it seems the system may not really be perfect after all.

hope to see more action soon!!
Dec 29, 2013 12:37 AM
Nov 2013
Excellent episode, loved every second of it. The conversation in the beginning between Ginoza and the chief about what happened to the specimen case criminal, and the importance of people believing in the Sybil system was all very interesting, and Masaoka being Ginoza's father was something that i did not see coming, despite the foreshadowing.

The episode also made me believe that Makashima's low crime coefficient is not some trick, nor genetics. It is simply the same as Akane's. It's not that he doesn't have criminal thoughts, it's that he has never once doubted that he was doing the right thing, never once thought that those thoughts were wrong. He just wholeheartedly believes in what he is doing. Or that was my interpretation at least.

And yes, that ending definitely hinted that the chief knew Makashima previously, in a somewhat close respect.
Dec 31, 2013 2:31 AM

Jul 2013
I always knew that Tomomi is Ginoza's father.
Jan 2, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
achmed-sama said:
I always knew that Tomomi is Ginoza's father.

I would have never guessed! But now that I think of it, I guess I do see how that would be relevant to the story.

So I'm guessing Akane is the same as Makashima where her crime coefficient doesn't rise even in stressful situations. Well that will be interesting to watch develop.
Jan 4, 2014 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, I didn't saw coming that Gino father was Tomomi. Yeah, now I understand why he's so bitter against executor. I never made the link.

Akane is quite a warrior, to pass a test like that. Kougami concerned as always. He's her guardian angel.

I don't like that old lady. I understand that the society would be shaken up if they learned that the system that control their lives have flaws, but you can at least try to resolve the problem. She seem like one of those dirty politician that put all the blame on their subordinates. She also seem somehow related to Shougo. Maybe one of his victim was related to her too.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 8, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
Oh awesome episode, and it seems Akane is just a person not as special as Shougo. I am a bit thick as Akane too xD.

Also that father-son moment was a surprise o.O
And it seems Shougo is the son of that woman o.O!! Or at least related somehow :D.
Jan 8, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2008
Oh, I loved this episode! I kind of thought Masaoka was Ginzo's father when he kind of hit him back in episode 10 (if I recall it correctly) so it wasn't much of a surprise ( I saw it coming ).

I think his description of Akane-chan is quite accurate. I really like him, actually, he's a nice old man (plus I really fancy with characters that have Ed (FMA) type of hands, how can I call them? Metal hands? Anyway, I think he is pretty cool and I also see why he relates so well with Akane-chan, they are (in a way or another) kind of similar. Two characters I quite love.
I do not know what to say about Ginoza-san. I understand his position, but I am quite ashamed to think that he will just listen orders around, maybe he doesn't think it's wrong to keep a secret from Kougami the fact that there actually exist criminally-asymptomatic cases (woooo, that was so cool though!)

Akane-chan is very strong, isn't she? I really like her. Well, I expected her to recover immediately after the big deal, only that I keep thinking that she might be a little asymptomatic as well. Either that, or she is just a very strong person (this is more likely if we think about the fact that she actually puts on effort and willpower in whatever she's doing, I fancy a lot with her willpower as a matter of fact)

in the end, a very nice/good/pleasing episode. I wonder what's next... ah, this satisfied me quite a bit. I'll go watch episode 14 now *excited*
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jan 21, 2014 5:03 AM

Jun 2013
Akane really impressed me. She's so brave and strong that she took the risk of performing that dangerous thing just to identify the main culprit, even though it could affect her psycho-pass and crime coefficient. This only proves that her strength is to calm down and accept everything around her(that's why her psycho-pass could not be cloudy). I like how other characters were concern to her, especially Kougami.

Masaoka is Gino's father, lol.

Dat old lady... the ending scene was creepy. Is she somewhat have a connection with Makishima?
Jan 21, 2014 5:11 AM

Jun 2013
SatanicBeaver said:
The episode also made me believe that Makashima's low crime coefficient is not some trick, nor genetics. It is simply the same as Akane's. It's not that he doesn't have criminal thoughts, it's that he has never once doubted that he was doing the right thing, never once thought that those thoughts were wrong. He just wholeheartedly believes in what he is doing. Or that was my interpretation at least.

This is also my interpretation. This would be difficult to defeat the man - but at least Akane knows how to deal with stress.
Feb 21, 2014 11:53 PM

May 2010
SatanicBeaver said:
Excellent episode, loved every second of it. The conversation in the beginning between Ginoza and the chief about what happened to the specimen case criminal, and the importance of people believing in the Sybil system was all very interesting, and Masaoka being Ginoza's father was something that i did not see coming, despite the foreshadowing.

And yes, that ending definitely hinted that the chief knew Makashima previously, in a somewhat close respect.

This.. Didn't really expect Masaoka to be Ginoza's father but I was spoiled in the previous ep discussios that he was which I didn't believe so at first..
Mar 10, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2014
HOLY SH*T PLOT TWIST
Mar 11, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2009
1. 1st half with w/ chief grandma kasei was intense

2. Loved the way tomomi and ginoza's relationship was revealed in the middle of their convo.

3. dat memory scan was impressive. wonder if we'll get close to that kind of technology.

7/10
Apr 9, 2014 9:12 PM
Jun 2013
SatanicBeaver said:

Yea seems like a legit way to get around it.Did not expect that dude to be his pops i wonder what happen to mom. Also going by the end it seems the old lady might be somehow related to our big bad.I still think her view on the system is pretty stupid.I know people would freak out but thats bound to happen sometime soon no system is peferect and its best to try to fix the problem then sweep it under the rug.
Apr 27, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2013
Akane was pretty brave using the memory scoop machine. I didn't expect Tomomi to be Ginoza's father.
May 11, 2014 2:11 AM

Dec 2013
That was one of the best EPs so far.
May 22, 2014 2:47 AM

Nov 2013
Starting to suspect Akane might have the same "problem" Makishima does. Would be very cool, and close to Urubutcher's sensibilities if he had the series most innocent character becoming a crazed criminal under everyone's nose with everything she's going through.
Jun 2, 2014 6:47 PM

May 2014
Masaoka is Ginoza's father???? Damn. Also, damn good job Akane. You've got some guts. But I wonder if she is asymptomatic also?
Aug 1, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2009
WAIT WAT. Masaoka is Ginoza's Dad? THE TWISTS, MAN!
Aug 25, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2014
So many things were revealed this episode. What happened with that guy that disappeared, Masaoka is Ginoza's father and Akane did a awesome job making Shougo's profile. Also that ending ... the old lady (at first I thought she is having a heart attack) seems to know Shougo somehow ... interesting...
Aug 27, 2014 3:07 AM

May 2013
I was suspecting that Gino's father was Masaoka when he picked him up and threw him a bit a couple episodes ago.

It's still a bit shocking though since they're not alike at all from what I can see. The passing of time must have eroded what they have in common over time.

I'm guessing that the old lady is playing a "game" with Makishima.
Nov 1, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2013
Criminally Asymptomatic Person or CAP for short. Interesting.

Lol, Ginoza slapped Akane. At least she got an image. Good job, Akane! (^_^)
Woah, Masaoka is Ginoza's father! It's finally confirmed!

The old lady is very suspicious indeed.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 20, 2014 9:14 PM

Oct 2013
AHAHAHA I KNEW THE OLD MAN WAS GINO'S FATHER. I mean, it was pretty obvious, BUT STILL.

Cool episode otherwise. Seems like build up for the following episodes.

The characters are really being fleshed out these last two eps.

I have a strong suspicion the chief is related to Shougo somehow. Perhaps similarly to how Tomomi and Gino are related... hmmm.
ZadionNov 20, 2014 9:18 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 21, 2014 1:26 AM

Jun 2013
So, it seems that Masaoka had more than a connection with Gino's dad :v.. He ended up being his dad.
Dec 1, 2014 10:56 PM

Jan 2014
That old lady seems creepy. O.o
And yeah, I did not expect those two to be related.
Dec 17, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
I did not guess Masaoka would turn out to be Gino's dad! D:

Akane letting them go in to her memory for an image of the guy, that was cool.
Jan 2, 2015 5:51 AM

Jun 2014
(rewatching)
Akane somehow has memories that are outside of her pov,very interesting.The whole memory thing is a bit silly anyway.
Nitpicking aside,it's once again to see Akane develop.
Jan 7, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
It'll be interesting to see how far the boss lady will go to cover up the "blind spot" in the system being makishima. It seems like this situation with him is personal for her.
[right]
Feb 17, 2015 5:06 PM

Dec 2007
Well that was interesting. I had no idea that Masaoka was Ginoza's father. The sibel system can't read Makishima and the other guy because their psychological status doesn't match their crime coefficient. Maybe it's something they learned. Like the way Akane can lower her crime coefficient, but they can constantly have a lower one at their control.
Jun 8, 2015 6:12 PM

May 2015
Angelic_Fortune said:
Does anyone else like when the characters say.. SPOOKAY BOOGAY!!?

LMAO I was thinking the same thing!!!! Also surprised Gino is his dad! This shows gets better and better

And I love the new opening and song!
KittyGoMeowMeowJun 8, 2015 6:15 PM
Jul 13, 2015 6:14 PM
Apr 2015
So Masaoka is Gino's father, didn't see that coming to be honest.
Aug 6, 2015 6:40 PM

Aug 2015
I realize there were hints, but I didn't see it coming that Masaoka is Gino's dad. It crossed my mind once, but dismissed it probably because in this day and age they probably wouldn't be able to work together like that. Plus, I kind of thought that Gino's dad was dead, and Masaoka was Gino's dad's partner. I was wrong! Pretty cool though!

Maybe it's just me, but I love the artwork in this anime, EXCEPT when it comes to Akane. I don't know, it just looks off to me, especially on the profile view.... I like her character a lot, it's just that part that bugs me about her. No one seems to have that problem. ★4/5
Aug 7, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
That sneaky Ginoza bastard using his mother's maiden's name!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2012

727 by ItsJhonTZ »»
Sep 4, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

neurogal91 - Oct 18, 2012

375 by heydreamer09 »»
Sep 1, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 11, 2012

668 by heydreamer09 »»
Sep 1, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2012

265 by Celestial-Honami »»
Aug 27, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 25, 2012

305 by vinnywizanime »»
Aug 25, 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.