3It was OK
6.0%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.5
720 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2013 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Shinya-san in the hospital :(

Anyways, good episode imo. I think Akane is finally deciding to deal with Shougo, even if it's difficult. Dem flashbacks. I think the main arc is going to soon anyways, and I wonder what will happen.

Jan 17, 2013 8:13 AM

Nov 2007
Using her Psycho-Pass / memory to get the criminal's image. Wow, she's strong.

Wow @ the relation between that middle-aged police officer and the girl's strict sempai, who seems to be nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 17, 2013 8:13 AM

Aug 2012
Wow. discussion already. I need to wait for dem subs....ㅜ_ㅜ
Jan 17, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2010
Damn, Akane having to resee those horrifying events again.
Jan 17, 2013 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
So Ginoza is the son of Tomomi. Very interesting.

Also, Akane is pretty darn strong to see something like that again. Ginoza slapping her was funny.

Jan 17, 2013 9:56 AM

Feb 2010
wow, dat old lady at last scene was creppy. i think shougo isnt really main bad guy at this show, only he is trying to save country from sibly system or this machine life, maybe..? it becomes more and more complicated.

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jan 17, 2013 9:58 AM

Oct 2010
Wow i had no idea that tomomi was ginoza's dad. quite a shock tbh
Jan 17, 2013 10:00 AM

Oct 2012
Does anyone else like when the characters say.. SPOOKAY BOOGAY!!?

Jan 17, 2013 10:10 AM

Aug 2012
Death_Acolyte said:
Does anyone else like when the characters say.. SPOOKAY BOOGAY!!?

YES. Especially Kagari.

Holy crap, Masaoka is Gin's papi..who saw that coming? Now we understand his coldness toward him, namely his blow up on him during the factory case early on.

This is getting so good.
AlexTheRiotJan 17, 2013 10:13 AM
Jan 17, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2009
I confess i freaked out when i heard Yuki's scream. My PP probably went sky high xD. That was one hell of an awesome episode! That old lady is giving me the creeps though xD.

5/5
Jan 17, 2013 10:30 AM
Aug 2011
What a good twist at the end. Is she makishima's relative, huh? She called him 'Shougo-kun'
Jan 17, 2013 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
bakuramariks said:
I confess i freaked out when i heard Yuki's scream. My PP probably went sky high xD. That was one hell of an awesome episode! That old lady is giving me the creeps though xD.

5/5

LOL your PP went sky high? hahaha, that was a good one. And same here, that old lady is really suspicious, can't wait for the next epi...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 17, 2013 10:55 AM
Aug 2011
Great episode. Finally the ball starts rolling a bit and I feel that the next 9 episodes will be awesome.
For a second there I really did think Akane's crime coefficient would go up.

Masaoka being Gino's father didn't surprise me. (Speaking of...holy crap that slap that jolted Akane back.)
I remember someone guessing that in the very early on in the series and they were right.

That old lady is probably Shougo's

Anyway I don't like her.

bakuramariks said:
That way, Ko can die.

Aww, poor Ko he's already been in the hospital twice and you're quick to kill him off.

(edited here because I don't want to post again and I put my guess in a spoiler just cause)
standJan 17, 2013 11:08 AM
Jan 17, 2013 11:01 AM

Nov 2009
Haha, i really thought for a second she might be his mom but that doesn't sound right xD.
Am i the only one thinking the showdown between Ko-chan and Shogo-sama from the first episode can happen earlier and not exactly in the last ep? o.O
That way, Ko can die. Lol! So harsh! xD
Jan 17, 2013 11:31 AM

Jun 2012
Such an awesome show. Love the atmosphere, so intense. I thought some of the sound tracks were pretty cool this ep as well. I'm somewhat hoping the run into the final arc relentlessly increases in pace. I'd love for some psychological and actiony force of nature. Plot twists of zetsuen with action set pieces, the craziness of mawaru penguindrum. All in a psychopass package. Even if psycho pass stays as good as it is now it would be great but I'm kind of dreaming of something mindblowingly incredible.
Jan 17, 2013 11:33 AM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect Masaoka is Ginoza's dad.
And finally, everyone knows Shogo's face.

Can't wait to see more of how they will hunt him down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2013 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
Akane was really brave. To do something like that just for the investigation.
Jan 17, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
I got to say, the fact that Masaoka is the latent criminal father of Ginoza was suprising. It's not unexpected and it makes sense, but the thought did not cross my mind becuase they didn't countinue the topic.

And I'm suprised at how strong Akane is, considering the writer of the series. There is a change in her personality, but I still suspect that is not the end of it.
Jan 17, 2013 12:26 PM
Aug 2012
Wow, for sec their i thought Akane was done for
The ending, lol i got scared of it
more twisted path
KamiKaliJan 17, 2013 12:37 PM
Jan 17, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
I had my suspicions that Masaoka was Ginoza's father ever since that episode when they were arguing violently and someone hinted that they had known each other from somewhere besides work and that there was a reason that Ginoza seemed to hate him. This anime just keeps getting better.

The whole thing about the last guy whose crime coefficient didn't increase was interesting. I wonder if they will get some old school weapons that would be pretty cool.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jan 17, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2009
People you make me think that most users here has intellect of average citizen of US. It was obvious that Masaomi is Ginoza's dad as soon as they mentioned his family situation.
Jan 17, 2013 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
I'm relieved that they didn't go with Akane's Hue getting seriously affected. If anything, it's possible that she's much more similar to Shougo than she thinks. But damn, she's got balls to pull it all together and go through memory reconstruction. Not to mention that she keeps that determined attitude. That scene of the memory scoop was well done imho, Akane's reaction being so realistic.

Poor Kogami. In hospital yet again. About Masaoka being Ginoza's dad, I've had suspicions before, still an awesome twist, given their relationship.

That chief lady is fishy though. Somehow the ending scene made her appear like a cyborg :/

Oh and gotta love that Rubik's cube. I want one like that :C
Jan 17, 2013 12:49 PM
Aug 2012
shinezu said:

That chief lady is fishy though. Somehow the ending scene made her appear like a cyborg :/

Oh and gotta love that Rubik's cube. I want one like that :C

Thanks for t heads up.. the cyborg part perfectly fits on what was my thought in the last minute
Jan 17, 2013 12:49 PM

Nov 2009
I find it... not disgusting but not fine the thought they eliminated Touma. I'm sure they did it >.>
Jan 17, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2011
I did not know the old guy would be Gino's dad, but my best friend pointed that out to me a few months ago lol and that old lady at the end was creepy haha
Jan 17, 2013 12:56 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah it was kinda obvious that he were parent and son, but i guess you can miss it out, it's was more obvious that shion and yayoi having sex though.

Really liked this episode, way more than the previous one. Old lady is probably related to makishima... interesting.
Jan 17, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
Jesus, just because she also has white hair doesn't mean she's related to him... She could just be old and like her hair like that... Though it's more likely she's actually his mom or something. Bah!
So Tomomi is Ginoza's father... I certainly didn't see that one coming. Especially since Tomomi is so warm hearted. Brrrr... I saw Ginoza smile... I'll never surpass the trauma. (Guess I'm hating too much here so I'll shut up)

Akane's strength surprised me. I knew she would act bravely but that was amazing. It was cute to see Kogami worried.

Psycho-pass's episodes always fell rather short, though they're roughly the same size as any other anime episode. I wish they never ended. Or at least not in a cliff hang.
"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 17, 2013 1:10 PM

Feb 2012
parfaited said:
Great episode. Finally the ball starts rolling a bit and I feel that the next 9 episodes will be awesome.
For a second there I really did think Akane's crime coefficient would go up.

Masaoka being Gino's father didn't surprise me. (Speaking of...holy crap that slap that jolted Akane back.)
I remember someone guessing that in the very early on in the series and they were right.

That old lady is probably Shougo's

Anyway I don't like her.
I agree with your prediction there and at the least has something to do with him, she seemed familiar with him.
Jan 17, 2013 1:12 PM

Nov 2012
Some seriously good stuff here 5/5

But I found ridiculous the flashbacks. Why do directors of all shows decide that flashbacks have to be painful, produce headaches, vomit and such? meehhh -_-
Jan 17, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2007
Holy crap. Everyone watch after the ending song. Seriously I'm amazed at latest PP episodes. So much char and plot development and so nicely executed. That twist in the end was awesome too. I'm curious to see how they are gonna fight vs that.
Jan 17, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2009
damn the creepy old lady knows Shogo is she also bad ???

learned that the old man is Ginos Father already knew it tough

also Akane really grew up quiet alot from the crybaby of the First ep too a fullfledged Dedective love that like her more now :D
Jan 17, 2013 1:50 PM
Aug 2008
I knew that Gino and Masaoka were father and son! I mean it was pretty damn obvious since the first episode.
Akane is strong to be able to relive that memory again. I'm just going to guess that she's criminally asymptomatic too. When she was doing the memory scan her psycho pass went down wayyy too fast. Then again she might not be.
And I have to agree with that theory about that woman being a cyborg/robot, that was just creepy at the end. Maybe Sibyl is an AI and she's Sibyl?(Bad theory, but calling it :P) At the end it seemed like she was connected the computer in some way.
Edit: I just noticed that lady used Makishima's first name... she has a connection to him.. Maybe he was her protege or something.
Kittybear29Jan 17, 2013 2:08 PM
Jan 17, 2013 1:52 PM

Jun 2009
Death_Acolyte said:
So Ginoza is the son of Tomomi. Very interesting.

Also, Akane is pretty darn strong to see something like that again. Ginoza slapping her was funny.

i would say it saved her ass at the Moment
Jan 17, 2013 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
The memory scoop sequence was perfectly directed.

On that note:

Oh, shit.
Jan 17, 2013 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
This show really does just get better and better as it goes. But i have a feeling there is going to be an internal strife a the end of the anime vs sybil.
Jan 17, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
KamiKali said:
Thanks for t heads up.. the cyborg part perfectly fits on what was my thought in the last minute
Kittybear29 said:
And I have to agree with that theory about that woman being a cyborg/robot, that was just creepy at the end. Maybe Sibyl is an AI and she's Sibyl?(Bad theory, but calling it! :P) At the end it seemed like she was connected the computer in some way.
idk she had facial expression just like that chairman dude Kogami busted in ep11.

Actually I suspect that Sibyl is an AI as well. The very first ep intro where Kogami had a face-off with Makishima (I suspect that's where Sibyl is located) very much reminded me of location of VIKI from I, Robot. Just a hunch o,o

And speaking about movies and books, it's evident that Psycho-Pass is strongly influenced by Philip K. Dick's creations, Minority Report above all. Does anyone else think that the dialogue between Ginoza and bureau chief strongly reminds that of Anderton and Dr. Iris Hineman where she explains how Pre-crime works and that it's sustained by people's belief in its perfection??
Jan 17, 2013 2:11 PM

Oct 2012
Haha, kogami was reading HoD.

Btw whos that kid with the brown hair?

And the old lady seems sketchy.

My guess is that sibyl will get demolished/destroyed at the end of the series.

How did Ginoza's mom die? Gino mentioned that the Dad brought Gino and the Mom down, along with himself.

Akane's a pretty strong lady. I wonder if the only way her crime coefficient turns red is when she has hot, rough, sexual intercourse with Kogami. Lol.
Star_BoyJan 17, 2013 2:16 PM
Jan 17, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2010
an ok episode, was like a filler episode imo
Jan 17, 2013 2:20 PM

Feb 2012
Hydnlife said:
an ok episode, was like a filler episode imo

I don't think you know what a filler episode actually is.
Jan 17, 2013 2:24 PM
Aug 2011
Danielcook said:
Akane's a pretty strong lady. I wonder if the only way her crime coefficient turns red is when she has hot, rough, sexual intercourse with Kogami. Lol.

ooh lawd! Thank you for typing out what i've always been thinking. I ship them.
Jan 17, 2013 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
It feels like that Akane is one of the 2 million people who's psycho-pass don't go up, same as Makishima.
Jan 17, 2013 2:30 PM

Nov 2009
Danielcook said:
Btw whos that kid with the brown hair?

Touma Kozaburou - the guy behind the case in which Sasayama died (with the help of Shogo, of course, that b@stard xD). Rewatch episode 6.
Jan 17, 2013 2:32 PM

Jul 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
People you make me think that most users here has intellect of average citizen of US. It was obvious that Masaomi is Ginoza's dad as soon as they mentioned his family situation.

You could be less aggressive, but okay. Anyway, I started feeling this some weeks ago and when the family issues were revelated I was almost sure.

Ferras said:
Some seriously good stuff here 5/5

But I found ridiculous the flashbacks. Why do directors of all shows decide that flashbacks have to be painful, produce headaches, vomit and such? meehhh -_-

This was not about trivial flashbacks. Akane was reviving a traumatizing experience. Also, the visual direction made a great point of how she blames herself for the tragedy that happened (just look how Yuki face mixed with Shogo statements in the flashbacks).

As @Harukomatsu stated, a perfectly directed sequence.

---

Anyway, 9/10 episode. Great dialogues, and seems like Gino will get more development too. I'm in love with this show.
MiyamorisJan 17, 2013 2:36 PM

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jan 17, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2008
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

You could be less aggressive, but okay. Anyway, I started feeling this some weeks ago and when the family issues were revelated I was almost sure.

It was even too obvious for Ginoza. The anime is still easy to guess
Jan 17, 2013 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
What? He's his dad? Never expected that!

And I really love Supercell's ending song! :)
I was going to point out how the scenery really fit the ending until the woman appears with really really weird facial expression... She feels so like a robot.
KuriniJan 17, 2013 2:58 PM
Jan 17, 2013 2:59 PM

Feb 2009
I was right with the Ginoza/Tomomi relationship :OOO
Well, he did care for him in previous episodes.

Great ep though :D
Jan 17, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
Masoaka is Ginoza's father eh? No wonder they seemed really close. I really like how Kougami respects Akane very highly now. Go Akane! :D
Whoaaaa that woman at the end of the episode. That was pretty creepy.
Great episode overall.
Jan 17, 2013 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
Another thing that bugged me is that no one eveb acknowledged the cyborg guy dying, he's the head of a large robotics engineering company. What's up with that?
Jan 17, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2012
Danielcook said:
Another thing that bugged me is that no one eveb acknowledged the cyborg guy dying, he's the head of a large robotics engineering company. What's up with that?

Why is that important to the story, though?
Jan 17, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
Well there's the confirmation between the relationship between Ginoza and Masaoka. Father and Son. Seeing that revelation made me happy because they dropped subtle clues earlier that actually made the viewer hypothesize and if they were smart enough they were able to connect the dots.

Their conversation about what it means to live and be part of society revealed many things about Ginoza, Masaoka, and even Akane. When they said that Akane accepts the society she lives in and what it stands for, I felt a mixture of sadness but intrigue at the same time. Sadness because since she was born into the Sibyl system she has never known what it was like to live in a society where you can make your own choices and receive your own consequences as a result of it. I was also intrigued because that means if society gets rid of the system in the future where will that leave her.

This topic also extends to Masaoka nicely where the reason he became an Enforcer was because he didn't like the idea of a VI if something is right or not, he didn't accept the society he was in until it was too late.

That old lady Ginoza talked to was very ominous and had that uneasy feeling to the conversation. I was surprised at how calm she was looking upon the case at first only to realize Shogo Makishima isn't the first in this type of case. They've had this happen before and when they do the MWPSB causes these type of people to "disappear" as to not disturb the peace in society that is at an all time high thanks to Sibyl. I wonder if she has a personal vendetta or connection to him based on that ending
HybridMBLJan 17, 2013 3:36 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.