Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 8, 2012 12:38 PM

Mar 2008
Ajunky said:
ijen said:
Butthurt much?

Oh god... "the confession in my animu was better than yours urr durr...".
What about YOUR confession? Have you already made a confession for a girl? Do you?! I ask a girl to marry me when I was ten years old, how about that?! I asked in front of EVERYONE, during a game of cops and robbers! She was speechless...

(yes, true story)

And the last... you guys neither deserve to know.
Dec 8, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
Nice to see they actually got together! Pretty funny how he's immediately trying to change her by her sister's request. She actually took her eye patch off in the end! I wonder if Rikka will finally be dropping this whole 8th grader's syndrome.

Dec 8, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode :3 That confession was cute that I nearly died. But....what is gonna happen next D:
Dec 8, 2012 3:08 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing episode. The dude talk scene was so fucking hilarious, followed up by some really great drama. Know this sounds a bit gay and cliché, but this episode was filled with so many different emotions.
Dec 8, 2012 7:26 PM

Oct 2011
I really wish they did not play the ending song, KyoAni seems to do this sometimes. One which i recall was in Clannad After Story, when ..... welll soemthing dramatic happened and it plays the ending sequence which COMPLETELY ruins the mood. Great episode though
Dec 8, 2012 7:32 PM

Apr 2011
jhohanghost said:
<font><font>tormented210</font></font> said:
AO968 said:
I loved this episode, except for the terribly misplaced ED. Seriously, KyoAni, you couldn't just continue with Rikka's heartfelt song and follow up with the post-credits scene after that?

From what I read, it's likely that Yuuta forced Rikka between facing reality and choose him, or stay hidden behind her eyepatch for all her life and never learn what true love is. Seems like she chose the first, though it doesn't look like she's gonna accept it that easily. Now she knows that she has to try harder to win him over.

tormented210 said:
I dont think there is any good material to start a second season, if this ends with yuuta and rikka together there is no point to ruin this fantastic history just because fans wants a forced second season.

There are two novels out, and the anime barely touched upon the first volume. Plus, there is one more character that we haven't seen yet, who shows up in the second volume, and she'll pretty much test how strong Yuuta's relationship with Rikka will be.

The anime adaptation is not following loyaly the light novel. And yeah I've heard of that character and I have an idea that she was introduced in the first volume (not the second, give-me feedback with link to the right information if I'm really wrong ) so for what I've learned It's complicated to find an apealing resume to the plot in anime adaptation.

Yuta's words: it is the first time I hug a girl ... this cruelly ignoring Satone shichimiya .. because .. Yuta of the novel is different .. and has also been ignored Kazari

So the anime adaptation is actually way different from the light novel? I have a feeling that you've been reading the light novel but that's just me.
Dec 8, 2012 10:21 PM
Jul 2012
tormented210 said:
jhohanghost said:
AO968 said:
I loved this episode, except for the terribly misplaced ED. Seriously, KyoAni, you couldn't just continue with Rikka's heartfelt song and follow up with the post-credits scene after that?

From what I read, it's likely that Yuuta forced Rikka between facing reality and choose him, or stay hidden behind her eyepatch for all her life and never learn what true love is. Seems like she chose the first, though it doesn't look like she's gonna accept it that easily. Now she knows that she has to try harder to win him over.

tormented210 said:
I dont think there is any good material to start a second season, if this ends with yuuta and rikka together there is no point to ruin this fantastic history just because fans wants a forced second season.

There are two novels out, and the anime barely touched upon the first volume. Plus, there is one more character that we haven't seen yet, who shows up in the second volume, and she'll pretty much test how strong Yuuta's relationship with Rikka will be.

The anime adaptation is not following loyaly the light novel. And yeah I've heard of that character and I have an idea that she was introduced in the first volume (not the second, give-me feedback with link to the right information if I'm really wrong ) so for what I've learned It's complicated to find an apealing resume to the plot in anime adaptation.

Yuta's words: it is the first time I hug a girl ... this cruelly ignoring Satone shichimiya .. because .. Yuta of the novel is different .. and has also been ignored Kazari

So the anime adaptation is actually way different from the light novel? I have a feeling that you've been reading the light novel but that's just me.

ya, i think they said that they didn't have enough material or something like that and they said that they're going to make up a lot of things for this adaptation. For example, characters like sanae, kumin, kuzuha, and i believe tooka too are all anime original characters. Kyoani really went off the beaten path with this one, and it's been paying off.
Dec 8, 2012 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
Here is a video posted October 8 of one fan's visit to the area. =)

Dec 9, 2012 12:34 AM

Nov 2012
Was wondering how they were going to do the confession scene and it didn't disappoint at all <3
Dec 9, 2012 2:08 AM

Jan 2011
I said that serious didn't fit this show a few episodes ago but this was really well done.
The comedy was just amazing this episode and the serious part really felt serious.
This is the best episode so far imo, I wonder if the remaining two episodes can top this.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 9, 2012 8:36 AM

Apr 2011
Takanashi is in 4th place of the cutie poll? I'm curious who's the 3rd, 2nd and the 1st placers are.
Dec 9, 2012 9:42 AM

Nov 2012
Magito said:
Takanashi is in 4th place of the cutie poll? I'm curious who's the 3rd, 2nd and the 1st placers are.

Wondering the same exact thing lol
Dec 9, 2012 9:47 AM

Dec 2012
Does anyone know if the anime can end the story of the light novels?

Magito said:

The 1st is Nibutani.
Dec 9, 2012 10:24 AM
Nov 2012
<font><font>Oz_V</font></font> said:

Magito said:

The 1st is Nibutani.

but in the LN ... rikka only had one vote ... Nibutani stayed first ... in the LN... Kazari Kannagi was second .. This character does not appear even
jhohanghostDec 9, 2012 10:29 AM
Dec 9, 2012 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
jhohanghost said:

Magito said:

The 1st is Nibutani.

but in the LN ... rikka only had one vote ... Nibutani stayed first ... in the LN... Kazari Kannagi was second .. This character does not appear even

Did you read the two LN?
Dec 9, 2012 11:33 AM
Nov 2012
jhohanghost said:

Magito said:

The 1st is Nibutani.

Did you read the two LN?

Isshiki said that... Kazari-san was second
position
jhohanghostFeb 21, 2013 7:09 PM
Dec 9, 2012 1:46 PM

Apr 2008
The song Rikka sang is popular, but I remember it for appearing in Twin Spica ED!

This series keeps me interested.
Dec 9, 2012 3:15 PM
Oct 2010
chirale said:
The song Rikka sang is popular, but I remember it for appearing in Twin Spica ED!
LOL, your post made me realize how bad Rikka sings.

Ok, I guess she's not supposed to be a great singer so no fault there, but still ... XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 9, 2012 5:09 PM
Oct 2012
I watched all ten currently released episodes today for the first time. Needless to say, I'm addicted to anime... again.

Anyways, definitely curious about the next release. It's been a while since I've watched anime, and having a series in which each episode feels like an hour is refreshing.
Dec 9, 2012 5:44 PM

Jan 2012
love confessed!!! awesome scene by ryouta + rikka...

another drama plot.. and at last rikka the contact lens removed... omg so curious!!!
Dec 9, 2012 6:18 PM

Nov 2012
tomislol said:
I really wish they did not play the ending song, KyoAni seems to do this sometimes. One which i recall was in Clannad After Story, when ..... welll soemthing dramatic happened and it plays the ending sequence which COMPLETELY ruins the mood. Great episode though

i felt the same. i dont think the ending song fits this "second part" of the show which is a little more dramatic.

when the episode was over i was all touched and then that song began to play and i was like NO
Dec 9, 2012 8:18 PM

Apr 2011
jhohanghost said:
jhohanghost said:

Magito said:

The 1st is Nibutani.

Did you read the two LN?

Isshiki ... said .. Kazari had been second ... this in the first volume ... this translated

Where? Is it translated already? I mean... I dont know why is it so complicated to be translated by someone.
Dec 9, 2012 8:24 PM
Nov 2012
jhohanghost said:
jhohanghost said:

Magito said:

The 1st is Nibutani.

Did you read the two LN?

Isshiki ... said .. Kazari had been second ... this in the first volume ... this translated

Where? Is it translated already? I mean... I dont know why is it so complicated to be translated by someone.

http://ultimatemegax.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-novel-1.pdf
Dec 9, 2012 8:33 PM

Apr 2011
Woah! Thanks a lot!
Dec 9, 2012 8:57 PM
Sep 2012
Confession was awesome! Hope Rikka will be able to face reality but I hope we don't lose the Chuunibyou.
Dec 9, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
I started reading it but I gave up on the 16th page, I lost the interest... I guess LN are not meant for me. XD maybe I'll continue some other time but seriously I dont know if the novel way could be more appealing in the anime adaptation, I'm pretty indecisive now, the anime is way more simplified that's all but novel has a lot of good points such as Nibutani personality, how yuuta honestly thinks about rikka at first glance and a lot of more thing, I just read 16 pages after all.
TormentedDec 9, 2012 9:20 PM
Dec 10, 2012 8:17 AM
Nov 2012
I started reading it but I gave up on the 16th page, I lost the interest... I guess LN are not meant for me. XD maybe I'll continue some other time but seriously I dont know if the novel way could be more appealing in the anime adaptation, I'm pretty indecisive now, the anime is way more simplified that's all but novel has a lot of good points such as Nibutani personality, how yuuta honestly thinks about rikka at first glance and a lot of more thing, I just read 16 pages after all.

indeed ... I got bored ... If you're bored is because it is a simple story without impact ... but it gets interesting from Chapter 8 ...

the psychology of the characters between the novel and the anime are different
Dec 10, 2012 8:30 AM
Sep 2009
KyoAni - GODS
Dec 10, 2012 11:54 AM

May 2012
the little pinky touch reminded me of nazo no kanojo, but cuter

Dec 10, 2012 12:45 PM

Oct 2012
Damn, I remember when clannad after story had an ED that totally ruined the drama every time. It had to stop the shit b4 the ending happened. It seems this case is happening again
Dec 10, 2012 1:06 PM

Apr 2011
jhohanghost said:

indeed ... I got bored ... If you're bored is because it is a simple story without impact ... but it gets interesting from Chapter 8 ...

Yeah that's what I liked the most, their personalities. But I'll keep reading it because since the novel has been awarded the best novel from 2011 or something like that then it can't be a bad story after all.
Dec 10, 2012 1:39 PM

Feb 2010
I was skeptical about this going down the romance/drama route after the first 7 episodes were just lighthearted fun, but they definitely pulled if off wonderfully and this episode (and the last) pushed Chuunibyou right up at third place this season for me (Sorry can't beat Bakuman S3 and Jormungand S2).

This has already proven more likeable to me after 10 episodes than Clannad did after 34 episodes.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 10, 2012 1:40 PM
Nov 2012
jhohanghost said:

Yeah that's what I liked the most, their personalities. But I'll keep reading it because since the novel has been awarded the best novel from 2011 or something like that then it can't be a bad story after all.

you mean the second volume ... because the first ... writing and composition are bad.
if rikka and Shinka .... glow in the first volume ...
Satone and Kazari ... they do in the second volume
Dec 11, 2012 7:36 AM

Feb 2012
I fucking cried so hard this was thee best episode in all of the animes i've been watching this season.
I get goosebumps even now just thiking about it. The confession was perfect, all the little moments after that were perfect, Rikka resting her head on his back was perfect, Rikka singing was perfectperfectperfect
Dec 11, 2012 10:15 AM

Jan 2012
Peh, I'll watch it.

See if KyoAni haven't screwed it up.

Oh, wait. I see emotions were caused.

I won't watch it.
Dec 11, 2012 3:54 PM

Apr 2011
Where's NNhick? I miss his tsundere... Hey NNhick, chuunibyou is getting horny over here. It was predictable wasn't it?
Dec 11, 2012 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
Amazing episode, I really like how events unfolded, I'm happy for them. The ending was a real twist for me, didn't expect it at all. Again, really great episode, I am looking forward to what's next.
5/5.

Dec 11, 2012 11:38 PM

Apr 2011
1/2 days more and the wait is over, It shall refill our spiritual energy and we wil become transcendent humans once more, that's right, it's Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai episode 11 and it has come to obliterate all the dark energies that has been surrounding us for a week without a beam of light... of hope... An almost everlasting agony . But fear no more... wicked eye is watching over us! May my eyes be pleased once more! Rikka! I like your skirt! Give me your underwear! Your panties! Ah... Oh my...! Oooooh!
Can't wait for the next episode...
Dec 15, 2012 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
Gotta admit, the confession scene was really well executed.

The rest of the episode was decent, and had some good parts.

I liked the funny parts too. Like Ishiki leaning his head on Yuuta's shoulder.

I would rate this show much more if it just cut out all the goofy and comedic relief parts. I'd prefer to watch a completely serious and dramatic show with romance.
Dec 17, 2012 2:21 PM

Feb 2012
meepsheep said:
I would rate this show much more if it just cut out all the goofy and comedic relief parts. I'd prefer to watch a completely serious and dramatic show with romance.

I, on the other hand, would prefer it without the drama and romance.
Dec 18, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2011
And me on the other hand (somehow there was 3 hands) I prever everything together xD
Dec 18, 2012 5:08 PM

Aug 2011
I thought it was a little odd that the ED played without any past indication. And then that bombshell of a scene at the end happened. What really keeps me glued to this series, is thinking about how Rikka will develop out of the syndrome and become more mature. The thought of her changing is very solemn, I wonder how it's going to end.

Their confession was lovely, perfect for the type of characters they are. I never wanted that moment to end.
Dec 20, 2012 3:01 AM
Nov 2011
I actually really didn't like this episode... I was looking forwards to their act, it's been a while since we've seen a fight scene and I feel it could've been amazing and romantic between the two. But then it all fell apart :/
Dec 20, 2012 7:59 PM

Apr 2009
HNNNG. Such an odd yet tender confession scene. One of the more awesome confession scenes I've seen in anime. So sweet.

The scene with Touka that came after that was like a splash of cold water to the face, though. Including the music.

What exactly happened during the bento-under-the-tree scene?! I can tell Yuuta tried to bring her to reality, but I wish they should've shown the scene too.

And poor Makoto, an automatic rejection from a girl who was taking a nap, no less.
Dec 24, 2012 6:12 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending :'( Really effective episode story wise, was really nice and just very touching, I do wonder what will happen next between those 2!
Dec 26, 2012 10:50 PM

Apr 2012
ahhhhhhh the confession scene was just too adorable!! I love how they show affection for each other by touching pinkies it is just too cute and precious <3
and i also thought that it was pretty shocking how yuuta told off rikka, even if we only saw a few brief seconds of it.
I really wonder how she will react to everything now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2012 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty good ending! Yay! Face reality =D

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 2, 2013 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
I want that song during the confession.
Jan 16, 2013 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
It'll be interesting to see what Rikka will do now. Did she miraculously let go of her eight-grader syndrome, or is she just pretending?
Jan 25, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2012
VioLink said:

the episode was perfect until the DRAMA Yuuta should have at least waited until after the festival before asking her to change her lifestyle. I hope normal Rikka is just as good as chuuni Rikka.

I absolutely lost it during this scene, couldnt stop laughing lol.

Best episode so far.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

677 by inv1dia »»
Sep 6, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

491 by HoneyBees91 »»
Aug 29, 10:11 AM

» ~is Rikka mentally challagended/retarded?

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 10

40 by Lewa0077 »»
Aug 18, 8:15 AM

» A genuine question to you

lightning_angad7 - Jul 3

37 by Valkay »»
Jul 24, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2012

296 by Yugoslavianwolf »»
Jul 17, 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.