Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 7, 2012 4:31 AM

Jan 2011
Amazing episode, Wakana's issues should be solved.
I really like the song her mother wrote but I don't really know why.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 7, 2012 7:04 AM

Aug 2010
Even though the episode suffered from the usual problems while presenting drama, I think that they actually did a pretty good job at it. The interaction between father and daughter was terrific, they managed to sneak in some funny moments and fashion queen Sawa. The ending this time around was fitting, and it actually would have been a strong finale for the series. I hope the actual last episode will be at least this good. 5/5.
Aug 7, 2012 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
I understand Wakana's mothers reason for not telling her she was going to die but i still think it wasn't a good decision of her to do that.
Tho it's nice to see that Wakana's pain has been soothed and that she understands her mothers reasons.
When Wakana's father mentioned that her mother was the one who proposed to her i believed him Wakana's mother seems like a very straightforward woman who knew what she wanted.

Konatsu falling in the water was pretty funny especially since she realised she was wrong and then there was Wakana's surprised face after that.
Aug 7, 2012 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far. 'Nuff said.
Aug 7, 2012 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it , Finally wakana got over with it
Wakana's dad is so nice

Aug 7, 2012 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
Wow. I was welled up for pretty much the entire episode.

Aug 7, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2011
sigh...the ending made me almost cry
Aug 7, 2012 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
This is almost teared me up, damn. Too sad. Wakana's dad have done what he ought to. Nice job Otou-san. ;)
Nice scenes this ep, liked the flashback part of Wakana's parents. (at the park). Also as a bonus, the scene where Konatsu fell. lol

Aug 7, 2012 5:21 PM

Jan 2012
A very sweet anime. I'm not really an emotional person (and by that, I mean I don't cry. Ever. It's impossible for me to do so. Completely.) but this sweetness is rather touching.

And seriously.

No crying from me.
Aug 7, 2012 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
At the end when Wakana starting singing and everyone came into the room.. it left such a big goofy smile on my face :)

Aug 7, 2012 9:43 PM

Jun 2011
well...this was great, very emotional. best episode till now
Aug 7, 2012 10:19 PM

Apr 2011
I'm interested in hearing the full versions of the op and ed. Any info about the OST?
Aug 8, 2012 3:22 AM

Oct 2009
This is probably the best episode from my watch list this season. I feel warm inside.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 8, 2012 5:52 AM

Jul 2012
Magito said:
I'm interested in hearing the full versions of the op and ed. Any info about the OST?
"Dreamer" and "Harmoney of the Sea Breeze" are both out. See http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=473513 for some detail/vote. I think you can grab them from Nyaa.eu. ;)

For "The Melody of the Heart", I haven't seen any release yet.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 8, 2012 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
I cried at that ending... Like a little girl. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say it.
Absolutely beautiful.
Aug 8, 2012 11:59 PM

Jul 2010
Tinasaurus said:
At the end when Wakana starting singing and everyone came into the room.. it left such a big goofy smile on my face :)

I know what you mean! I smiled, I cried, I overflowed with joy at seeing Wakana able to share the joy of music with her friends!

azzuRe said:
This is probably the best episode from my watch list this season. I feel warm inside.

I feel the same. This episode is the best episode so far this season in any show! It will be hard to surpass.

NannerSaurus said:
I cried at that ending... Like a little girl. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say it.
Absolutely beautiful.

I bawled several times in this episode.

Here is a story to let you know just how powerful this show is:

To start with, my own mother died over 15 years ago, when my eldest child was just over 1 month old. He gets his driver's license next fall. I think about her often, but less and less as the years go on. I am kind of a strange person when it comes to crying. I will tear up over a TV show or a sentimental song, but I have only cried twice when someone died. My mother and my grandfather, her father. I still think that the reason I cried then is because my mom was. My father passed away last year and I had to talk with my kids about the fact that their dad, who cries watching anime with them all the time, just doesn't cry at funerals for some reason. (They were quite worried about me.) I can't really explain it, but it is how I have always been.

After watching the episode, I turned the ED into an MP3 so I could listen to the exquisite choral harmonies over and over. While I was going to sleep, I set the song on repeat and listened to it while I nodded off. Eventually I slept and had a dream. In the dream, the kids from Tari Tari were singing the song on stage, but they weren't anime, they were people. I have no clue what they looked like, just that they were singing. At one point in the song, I looked across the auditorium and saw one of the side doors open, and my mother walked in.

I immediately snapped awake and cried for probably 15 minutes, hugging myself very much the way that Wakana does in this episode. I haven't had a dream about my mother for years. The emotional weight of Wakana's story is devastatingly accurate and capable of eliciting emotions I had trouble expressing and showing when my own mother died. This is powerful stuff, and very good!
Aug 9, 2012 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
I feel bad, I just can't get into this anime or into the emotions that everyone else did..
Aug 9, 2012 2:04 PM

May 2011
Parenting: like a boss ; u ;
Aug 10, 2012 12:59 AM

Aug 2011
Aug 10, 2012 1:55 AM

Aug 2008
Wakana finally sang! YESSS! :D

Great episode
Aug 10, 2012 3:32 PM

Aug 2011
So sad, I'm glad Wakana understood the feelings her mother had and her own attitude towards her at the time.

It's such a relief they kept the piano afterall.
Aug 10, 2012 5:20 PM

Aug 2010
Beautiful episode, definitely deserves a 5/5.
Aug 11, 2012 5:19 AM

May 2012
a very nice and touching episode, Wakana finally gets over her Trauma and realises how much her mum loves her =), cant help but cry. Loved the bit when she sang she's finally moved on
Aug 12, 2012 4:51 AM

Sep 2009
Pretty touching episode!
Cold shivers ran up and down my spine at the end.
What a beautiful song they sing!
Aug 12, 2012 10:31 PM
May 2012
zensunni said:
During the ED they showed a montage of the club doing things together like surfing (and playing with badminton racquets in the water...), horseback riding, riding on a train together, etc... The impression I got was that it was showing how their life is moving on for the next month or two, possibly into early winter, as they were wearing scarves on the train. It is possible we will see a time jump to winter break, but probably just to Sawa's mounted archery competition.

Oh yeah.... now I forgot.
Aug 12, 2012 10:43 PM

Jul 2010
JeffreyZin said:
zensunni said:
During the ED they showed a montage of the club doing things together like surfing (and playing with badminton racquets in the water...), horseback riding, riding on a train together, etc... The impression I got was that it was showing how their life is moving on for the next month or two, possibly into early winter, as they were wearing scarves on the train. It is possible we will see a time jump to winter break, but probably just to Sawa's mounted archery competition.

Oh yeah.... now I forgot.

Or, those pictures could just be the new ED now that Wakana is officially part of the club... (see episode 7 ED for evidence...) But, in any case... :)
Aug 16, 2012 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
They finally got over it and moved on. Loved the episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2012 3:14 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty moving episode actually. Music has always held a dear place in Wakana's heart, and I feel relieved now that she finally understood and came to terms with it.
henecksAug 17, 2012 9:59 AM
Aug 16, 2012 3:36 PM

Aug 2008
Wakana finally came to terms with her mum's death and her feelings for music.
Great episode! I love every minute of it.
Aug 20, 2012 11:36 AM

May 2011
This was a beautiful and touching episode, what a nice way of concluding Wakana's regret with her mom. Those flashbacks were once again sad to watch and the scenes with Wakana and her dad were too. I can't believe I ended up tearing up again for the 2nd episode in a row. Ahh this anime has been really nice. And I am glad that Wakana's dad did the right thing and didn't throw away the piano and the strap doll.

That song at the end was great.
Aug 21, 2012 3:42 PM

Oct 2011
Cried for the second episode in a row ;___; such a nice episode, I loved that Wakana's dad kept the piano and the doll, I just knew she'd get them back somehow. Hearing them all sing together at the end was so heartwarming, I love the song.
Aug 22, 2012 9:01 AM

Apr 2011
Aug 25, 2012 8:42 AM

Mar 2010
Watching wakana cry was actually quite painful, but its good that she can now accept singing..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 3, 2012 1:06 AM
Jun 2012
the anime was interesting, until this episode when all sakai's problems are solved. Her problems are the reason that got me hooked to this anime. But now that it's solved, there is really nothing unique about this anime that makes it stand out or special.
Sep 21, 2012 12:09 PM

Sep 2012
Woa. Favorite episode so far.
Sep 24, 2012 9:46 PM

May 2012
This episode was great, but pretty sad.
Oct 7, 2012 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Man this is one fucking intense "slice of life". LOL

Wakana's dad is such a good dude. :(
Oct 7, 2012 2:22 PM

Aug 2010
Now that was predictable!
Oct 13, 2012 10:12 AM

Aug 2009
Oh my god, this episode is SO good. Fucking loved it. Too bad the entire anime wasn't this good.
Oct 17, 2012 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Simply amazing episode.
Nov 25, 2012 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
sikandsak you really broke everything down, amazing analysis.

I loved this episode, it made me have a rainbow of emotions.
Nov 29, 2012 12:07 AM

Jan 2012
still didn't show why she treated her mom like trash

how clueless can you people be to overlook this crucial info?

brb mom and dad gave me everything, never hit me and always teach me how to live my life to the fullest, so I'm gonna return the favor by treating them like shit

also brb mom died but i'm so mad at her for not telling me, so let's go full retard and sell all her shit to forget about everything

strong fucking logic

tempting to drop this shit
flaxman85Nov 29, 2012 12:10 AM
Dec 29, 2012 11:37 AM
Jul 2012
flaxman85 said:

brb mom and dad gave me everything, never hit me and always teach me how to live my life to the fullest, so I'm gonna return the favor by treating them like shit

also brb mom died but i'm so mad at her for not telling me, so let's go full retard and sell all her shit to forget about everything

strong fucking logic

You really don't have much experience with children do you? She wasn't being mean on purpose, that's just how a lot of kids express themselves when they are younger. Some struggle to say what they truly feel because they are young and developing mentally. The parents didn't look like the super strict type so that would be the reason she was given the leeway to grow that way and able to express herself however she wanted. They didn't want to force her to act a certain way as you can tell from her mother's perspective. Usually people who are music inclined tend to be very down to earth. They go with the flow and tend to let your emotions run it's course as it can affect the emotion you put into music. Remember the scene when her mother said she sounded angry but really she was just trying to hard and told her to look outside to relax. Music is about being yourself, not forcing yourself. Don't act like everyone as a kid just acknowledges instantly the things they are given. Most people, even adults, don't realize that until it's to late. She learned at a young age tbh and acted upon it even after her death.

TL;DR: You sounded like a child raging about not understanding basic fundamentals of character development and thrashed out against it like a child ironically.
Dec 29, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2012
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

You really don't have much experience with children do you? She wasn't being mean on purpose, that's just how a lot of kids express themselves when they are younger. Some struggle to say what they truly feel because they are young and developing mentally. The parents didn't look like the super strict type so that would be the reason she was given the leeway to grow that way and able to express herself however she wanted. They didn't want to force her to act a certain way as you can tell from her mother's perspective. Usually people who are music inclined tend to be very down to earth. They go with the flow and tend to let your emotions run it's course as it can affect the emotion you put into music. Remember the scene when her mother said she sounded angry but really she was just trying to hard and told her to look outside to relax. Music is about being yourself, not forcing yourself. Don't act like everyone as a kid just acknowledges instantly the things they are given. Most people, even adults, don't realize that until it's to late. She learned at a young age tbh and acted upon it even after her death.

TL;DR: You sounded like a child raging about not understanding basic fundamentals of character development and thrashed out against it like a child ironically.

brb been given a leeway to grow however I want, so I'm gonna treat them like shit because I don't know how else to express myself

strong logic is strong

So, you're telling me that if a child was raised by parents with love, care, and freedom, he/she would treat them like garbage as a way of expressing his/her love towards them?

Such shit logic only work if the child has a mental problem or been mentally abused by outside environment, but then again we're talking about women here. Logic doesn't apply to them; not even in anime it seems.

TL;DR: You've gone full retard.
Dec 29, 2012 1:43 PM
Jul 2012
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

brb been given a leeway to grow however I want, so I'm gonna treat them like shit because I don't know how else to express myself

strong logic is strong

So, you're telling me that if a child was raised by parents with love, care, and freedom, he/she would treat them like garbage as a way of expressing his/her love towards them?

Such shit logic only work if the child has a mental problem or been mentally abused by outside environment, but then again we're talking about women here. Logic doesn't apply to them; not even in anime it seems.

Hahaha, I feel for you. She wasn't treating her like shit if you paid attention. Have you ever had kids before? I can answer that, fuck no. Kids act that way because they strive for attention and want to be the center of attention. The problem she was having was expressing herself and focused on entrance exams because she thought that was the true way to learn music. Her mother wanted her to learn music by expressing yourself with her friends and with herself. The mother didn't tell her she was flat wrong because that's not how you teach someone a lesson of life. I'm sorry you fail to understand how to up bring a person into the world. The same reason she didn't want her to know her illness because she would of felt symphony for her and her music/attitude would of been of sorrow and separation and not of joyous memories they obtained together. You make it sound like humans have a set pattern of mental growth just because you treat them nicely, give them things, and care for them. Have you ever seen reality bro? Jesus.

TL;DR: Kids arn't logical retard. Their minds are still developing and they are coping and learning how to deal with their own issues everyday.
senopuiDec 29, 2012 1:49 PM
Dec 30, 2012 1:03 AM

Jan 2012
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

strong logic is strong

Hahaha, I feel for you. She wasn't treating her like shit if you paid attention. Have you ever had kids before? I can answer that, fuck no. Kids act that way because they strive for attention and want to be the center of attention. The problem she was having was expressing herself and focused on entrance exams because she thought that was the true way to learn music. Her mother wanted her to learn music by expressing yourself with her friends and with herself. The mother didn't tell her she was flat wrong because that's not how you teach someone a lesson of life. I'm sorry you fail to understand how to up bring a person into the world. The same reason she didn't want her to know her illness because she would of felt symphony for her and her music/attitude would of been of sorrow and separation and not of joyous memories they obtained together. You make it sound like humans have a set pattern of mental growth just because you treat them nicely, give them things, and care for them. Have you ever seen reality bro? Jesus.

TL;DR: Kids arn't logical retard. Their minds are still developing and they are coping and learning how to deal with their own issues everyday.

You do realize that this "kid" we're talking about is 14-15 years old right?

If they're not capable of differentiating how to appropriately react and respond to certain situations correctly by now, then they're most likely mentally challenged.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you have a child of your own with the know-it-all attitude. However, you can't argue the fact that her attitude towards her parent is unacceptable and doesn't make sense with all the information the anime provided.

OMG you guys are so nice to me. I'm already 15 years old, but I'm too damn retarded to figure out how to express my GRATITUTE back to you, so I'm going treat you like a piece of shit instead. XOXO

How hard is it for a grown ass 15 years old woman to express her love in front of her loving parents instead of being cold all the time? A simple hug would fucking get the job done.

Also nice try on trying to change the subject to her mom and her "sorrow" symphony piece.

brb i don't want my daughter to feel sad and make a boo-hoo music piece when I died

What kind of derp logic is that? Oh wait, you've already gone full retarded.

All her mom has to do was man the fuck up and tell Wakana about the illness and make great memories together while coming to an understanding with each other.

TL;DR - retards gonna retard

PS. Happy New Year, m8. Please Stay safe. :)
Dec 30, 2012 8:19 AM
Jul 2012
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

strong logic is strong

You do realize that this "kid" we're talking about is 14-15 years old right?

If they're not capable of differentiating how to appropriately react and respond to certain situations correctly by now, then they're most likely mentally challenged.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you have a child of your own with the know-it-all attitude. However, you can't argue the fact that her attitude towards her parent is unacceptable and doesn't make sense with all the information the anime provided.

OMG you guys are so nice to me. I'm already 15 years old, but I'm too damn retarded to figure out how to express my GRATITUTE back to you, so I'm going treat you like a piece of shit instead. XOXO

How hard is it for a grown ass 15 years old woman to express her love in front of her loving parents instead of being cold all the time? A simple hug would fucking get the job done.

Also nice try on trying to change the subject to her mom and her "sorrow" symphony piece.

brb i don't want my daughter to feel sad and make a boo-hoo music piece when I died

What kind of derp logic is that? Oh wait, you've already gone full retarded.

All her mom has to do was man the fuck up and tell Wakana about the illness and make great memories together while coming to an understanding with each other.

TL;DR - retards gonna retard

PS. Happy New Year, m8. Please Stay safe. :)

You do realize most of this happened when she was in junior high right? Her mom died when she was in junior high so no shit she couldn't understand what was going on. She held a grudge because her mom kept it a secret from her instead of letting her know. Her mom was being selfish in the first place which is why she was angry about the whole thing anyways. It has nothing to do with up bringing when your parent just DIES on you out of no where with no indication that was going to happen. Seriously man, think about it hard. Regardless how much they cared for her, she DIDN'T expect her mom to die which is why she was acting selfish in the first place. They both were selfish and they both suffered from it. Most teens CAN'T express their love to their parents. Why do you think suicide rate is so high anyways? Lack of communication between families. That's my point. You notice the problems but that's what makes them human else it would be cliched and lovelydovey perfect world scenario which isn't known in slice of life genre. It might seem dumb, but humans are dumb, irrational, and illogical all the time.

Just a side note: Think of a spoiled rich girl over a poor family with nothing. The spoil rich girl is given all the love, affection, and proper up bringing money can buy but she still treats her parents like shit because she's spoiled. Now the poor family struggles just to keep food on the table. Both parents work all the time and the kid does all the chores in the house, sets up dinner, cleans, etc. She respects her parents immensely for everything they do just to keep food on the table. That's the whole point of my argument between you and up bringing. Regardless, in the anime, she lives a average lifestyle therefore lives like the average teenager. They focus more on themselves then they do others because that's just how they are when you are just given everything. You only truly mature when you have to go out and WORK for it which was one of the central themes of the series anyways.

TL;DR - You too :D
senopuiDec 30, 2012 8:42 AM
Jan 3, 2013 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
Favorite episode so far! So happy Wakana started to sing!
Mar 3, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
great father, this episode made me raise my score from a 6 to a 7
Jul 6, 2013 6:15 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
lol at Konatsu acting a suspicious at Wakana's fathers cafe. I like Konatsu so far, she's pretty, cute, and also like a mini version of Tsumugi/Yui combined.

Glad to know Wakana was finally able to accept her mother's decision on why she didn't tell her about her illness. I would have done the same thing. I mean the last thing I want is to have someone worry about me during an important period like college entrance exams. I knew the father wouldn't throw away the piano because I felt like there was more history to it than just memories of Wakana/Mother.

lol at Konatsu again: "I hope no one notices I'm not wearing a bra" Oh Konatsu ^^

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

127 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jul 3, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

271 by Pitto_ »»
Jul 1, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

116 by Pitto_ »»
Jun 30, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

123 by Pitto_ »»
Jun 28, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 29, 2012

172 by Pitto_ »»
Jun 26, 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.