Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 17, 2012 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
So much for close sisters.
Apr 4, 2012 5:58 AM

Sep 2011
It would probably hurt like hell, but it didn't look too bad as fingernails eventually regrow.
I was more shocked by the fact that Mion actually let that happen.
Apr 22, 2012 2:03 PM
Jul 2011
Rinatsu said:
It's midnight, with all the lights off, earphones on, max volume, alone... watching that scene was.... just wow.

So think I. I watched this at 3 AM in the village, when nearest people was at kilometer from me. Max volume without earphones in the big free house in April.. Fantastic.
filachan said:
Sonodzaki is a ruling and respected family, so Shion must be punished for her behavior and disrespect.

That way of thinking was normal for middle ages, but in the XX century... I can't undertand your point of view at all. The case with Shion are strongly connected with horrible outdated traditions, and this is much more painful than ripping of nails. Traditions are the reason, when punishment -- just one example.
suicune141 said:
The Sonozaki family.... gah, seriously messed up. They will put their own family through freaky medieval-ish torture just for associating with enemies.

I can't add nothing to this quote.
Apr 24, 2012 8:34 PM

Jan 2012
Ironically, just watching this episode with its scary suspenseful moments I was biting my nails and then when it got to the nail ripping part I started biting my skin (lightly though, im not that crazy that ill tear it off xO)

Wheres Keiichi!?!?
Jun 12, 2012 3:24 PM
Apr 2012
Ahhhhhh... shit.
Jun 24, 2012 10:09 PM
Jun 2012
Really confused...

Earlier in the series Mion states that she "received a similar phone call" about satoshi wanting her to take satoko to the festival as he won't be attending...

BUT

Shion is the person who received that call...

Heh... interesting
Jun 28, 2012 9:46 AM

Jul 2010
I cringed so hard and closed my ears.. That was horrible D;

Wow, I'm surprised at all the similarities between Satoshi and Keiichi.. They really did a lot the same. And their confusion about the death of their victims were the same also.

Also, the Mion in one of the other arcs is Shion, according to the phone call details. So confuzzling.
Jul 5, 2012 3:39 PM

May 2012
Epic Torture Device :p
Jul 7, 2012 3:26 PM

Oct 2011
OMG ... Mion is a monster
what Satouchi meant by" he does not forgive me yet " !!!
Jul 7, 2012 3:44 PM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
Oyashiro-sama. Everything he says at the end refers to the "curse".

Jul 8, 2012 11:56 AM

Oct 2011
Leon-Gun said:
loub31 said:

ok ... but i wonder how Takano know about the law " one must die because of the curse and one other must be missing "
Jul 8, 2012 12:07 PM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
Leon-Gun said:
loub31 said:

ok ... but i wonder how Takano know about the law " one must die because of the curse and one other must be missing "
I don't remember if they say it in the anime but she says she likes to study myths and such, especially dark ones, and she's pretty much studied up on the curse a lot. It's her hobby she claims, and you can indeed see she knows a lot about it during the second arc when they go into the storage shed with the torture devices.

Jul 8, 2012 12:24 PM

Oct 2011
Ah .. thanks
Jul 16, 2012 5:18 AM

Jul 2012
Jezuz!!! Poor frickin Shion! and what a complete heartless b!tch Mion can be

I personally think Shion should have just grabbed one of the dozens of knives hanging everywhere and killed Mion... but i guess she would have been killed by everyone else in the room sooo... Why not leave and call the frickin police!!!!
Jul 17, 2012 4:39 PM

Jun 2012
What the fuck! I feel sick now. I don't think I'll be able to clip my fingernails for a while.
Jul 19, 2012 10:23 AM

Jun 2012
The fingernail scene looked pretty painful, but after everything I've seen in this anime so far, that scene was pretty easy to watch.

Also, the scene where Satoshi was dragging the baseball bat along the ground down a straight road next to a forest really reminded me of that scene in the first arc, where Rena asks "Why are you doing everything the same as Satoshi?".
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 20, 2012 1:48 AM

Jun 2012
traed said:
I wonder what happened to Satoshi exactly. Did they get him? or did he really run away?

dont you remember in the beginning of one of the arcs someone finds a bag with a body in it in a stream....with the intestines out? the hair looked similiar
Jul 20, 2012 11:07 AM

May 2012
PeanutSteak said:
Mikhael04 said:
Ow
Ow
Just....ow

That looked quite painful >_<

Yeah I cringed during that whole scene.

It's pretty awful...
Aug 10, 2012 8:50 PM

Nov 2011
Muted and looked away through that whole fingernail scene~

Blech...
Aug 10, 2012 9:42 PM
Dec 2007
_retro_reactive said:
traed said:
I wonder what happened to Satoshi exactly. Did they get him? or did he really run away?

dont you remember in the beginning of one of the arcs someone finds a bag with a body in it in a stream....with the intestines out? the hair looked similiar
Animation mistake. In The DVD release, as far as I remember, the body found isn't a blonde. It's not even supposed to be a red herring or something thrown in to confuse you, they made a mistake in the TV airing.

Aug 18, 2012 7:08 PM

Aug 2012
I need a break now.
You have only one life to live. Are you doing what you want to do?
- Waiter Lennart, Pokémon Black and White
Sep 18, 2012 8:45 PM

Feb 2012
PeanutSteak said:
Mikhael04 said:
Ow
Ow
Just....ow

Yeah I cringed during that whole scene.

Exactly ><
Sep 22, 2012 10:57 AM

Feb 2011
Awwwwww =[
Dec 1, 2012 11:16 PM
Apr 2012
Shion is my favorite character! Minus the Satako beat down, she's got a real heart of gold and balls of steel.

I felt her pain upon discovering Satoshi's disappearance even though we all know that was coming.. Maybe she can find love (in some positive arc) with KeiiChii?

Then again, we tried that route before and that didn't really go well for anyone...

*siiiiiigh*

Shion, please off your old ass psycho demon granny
Jan 17, 2013 4:10 AM
Dec 2012
I really couldn't watch the fingernail scene. Also Mion is unforgivable, I hope her and her family get some sort of "retribution" in this arc.
Jan 29, 2013 11:55 PM

Apr 2012
Is it just me or is this screaming Shion swapped places with mion? Last episode She mention how she felt satoko was causing satoshi to feel sick? In episode 7 mion mentioned this as she shook the ladder and went into psycho mode. Now in this episode it shows the scene where satoshi asked her to take satoko to the festival and yet again in a earliar episode 11, when keichi asks Mion to watch satoko she talks about how satoshi asked her to do the same thing. am i missing something?
Feb 14, 2013 10:22 AM

May 2012
That missed fingernail looks very painful.. at least there were only three fingernails to remove..
Feb 16, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2012
Oh wow. Now I see how he kills the aunt. Pretty much the same way he did to the uncle but slightly different.
Apr 19, 2013 11:25 PM
Aug 2011
I was expecting a full torture to death :(
May 13, 2013 1:08 AM

Feb 2010
OMG that poor thing. Ouch.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 27, 2013 2:21 AM

Jun 2012
Mikhael04 said:

Ow
Ow
Just....ow

Jul 2, 2013 2:26 PM
Mar 2013
So why the flying fuck does Shion stay in town after this?!
Jul 2, 2013 8:18 PM
Jul 2013
DAT FINGERNAIL

oh god, that was horrid.

But now Im more confused.

Wait, if Satoshi didn't whack his aunt off, who did.

Im still harboring the theory that there is a doppelganger imitating some of the character
Jul 15, 2013 6:42 PM

May 2013
Nice episode, but the fingernail scene wasn't scary at all but it looked painful.
Aug 1, 2013 12:10 PM

Feb 2011
Now we know why Shion had such a grudge. Nice family btw...
Aug 11, 2013 8:37 PM

May 2013
This is connected to the third arc, the one where Keiichi killed Satoko's uncle.
It's because in that arc, when Keiichi was talking to Mion and she said she had this conversation before with Satoshi.
We learned in this arc, it was really Shion who had the conversation with Satoshi!
That means Shion was the one talking to Keiichi during the third arc!
And in this arc, we confirm that Satoshi killed his aunt.

To be honest, this whole twin sister thing is confusing.
Sometimes, Mion is so strict, while Shion is so free and stuff.

That fingernail scene was painful to watch.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 13, 2013 5:47 AM

Jun 2011
Beedlebud said:
Muted and looked away through that whole fingernail scene~

Blech...

Yea that was hard to watch >_<
Oct 29, 2013 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
Perhaps it's just me, but didn't we get to actually see who killed the aunt? If you look closely you can see that it's a pretty skinny person with blond mid-long hair. Meaning that the killer most likely is Satoko, if my eyes are fully functioning that is. So that's that.

As for Satoshi-kun, wasn't it already mentioned that he did run away from home? I remember hearing about it lots of episodes ago, and also that it was the reason Satoko moved in with Rika-chan.

One murder, and one disappearance. That was the original formula wasn't it? Perhaps I'm missing something, but this arc seemed pretty easy to figure out..
Nov 16, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2013
Ouch! Fingernail injuries are bad and hurt like hell... I know :(

Man, they didn't show what happened to Satoshi like I hoped.
Dec 1, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
During the fingernail scene I was cringing but I was increasing and decreasing the volume at the same time, mostly due to my curiosity and pain. -shiver-
Jan 1, 2014 1:02 AM

Jul 2008
This family is full of twisted delusional psychopaths led by the meanest grandma ever.

Jeez I don't want to live in this town.
Jan 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
Outch that looked painfull, I felt so bad for Shion (and she's one of my fav character that make it worse)
Jan 18, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
Oh god, I had to put my hand on my mouth and hold my breath during the fingernail torture scene. The scene was in my opinion one of the best of the whole anime because it perfectly captured the essence of it. It showed exactly two of the most important thing in that anime : the feeling of despair and impotence, and the stressful anticipation. We all knew that she would get her nail ripped off, but for some reason, we were maybe hoping that at the last second, they say that it's a joke or whatever. We all knew that it was going to happen but some of us might have denied it. That's one of the greatest thing in that anime, those horrible anticipation, the fact that the protagonist seem so powerless to their destiny. That anime is really fucked up. That's why I like it :P

I wonder what happened to Satoshi. I'm sure he came back later in the third arc and that it was him at the festival. He must dyed his hair.

The Sonozaki familly... I hope Shion go crazy and kill them all. I hate them, a bunch of freak circus psycho. Even Mion, who helped her during all this time, became so fucking cold during the reunion, probably just covering her ass.

Also, there is a thought that passed during the episode that is not related to this arc. During the second, the third and the fourth arc, Rika died shortly after the festival. In the second, it was due to Mion and the third and fourth arc, it was due to a mysterious killer. But in the first arc, we never heard about Rika dead and a lot of time had passed between the festival and the moment Keiichi killed Rena and Mion.

There is also something that I thought about the Sakoto uncle weird resurrection. Rika talked about ''pre-programmed'' death that are inevitable. What if Sakoto uncle was not programmed and because of that, he didn't die?

Finally... I don't know why the fuck I watched this before going to sleep :P
minouneetzoeJan 19, 2014 12:22 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 8, 2014 5:00 AM

Jan 2009
what kind of sick people come up with a fingernail-removing device...
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 23, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2013
billybob300c said:
what kind of sick people come up with a fingernail-removing device...
Can't be any worse than coming up with the brazen bull.
Apr 19, 2014 11:12 PM

Jun 2011
I don't like the characters here. Cringed at the fingernail removal scene.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 4:53 PM
Feb 2013
My words towards the fingernail scene.

"OOOOHHHHHH GOOOOOD, NO NO DON'T DO THAT, ANYTHING BUT THAT, OH GOD, AAAAAAAAA."

Man, I don't think I ever cringed as much as I did in that episode.
Apr 26, 2014 3:46 AM

Apr 2013
Cringed a lot during that scene. And my hope, that deep down Mion isn't a total psycho-bitch was crushed again.
May 1, 2014 7:47 PM
Jun 2013
My freaking eyes were watering. Man, this anime is sadistic.
May 4, 2014 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
Fingernail scene...OMG
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Apr 16, 2008

199 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 25, 11:45 AM

» what is your favourite higurashi moment (in anime) ?

LampWork - Aug 13

23 by GaylordOverlord »»
Aug 23, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

144 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 21, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

174 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 19, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

170 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 19, 9:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.