Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
Xerain said:
My interpretation:

When Yashiro first shows up some episodes ago, she implies it's rather simple and she wants to make it more interesting.

That being said, the trajectory of the meteorite has already been predicted, and her mission was to make sure no one got killed by it. However she decides to show off in the process and convince Niwa she has amazing super powers. SO she intentionally has him stand just outside the trajectory, and pretends to summon the meteorite, as she already knows the exact time it will hit.

Thus if the series were to continue, it would keep the the same "are or aren't aliens and esp real" tone, but with Niwa perhaps too far to the opposite side. He will start believing in himself and possibly accomplishing things, but everything will have an alternate logical explanation. Niwa being compared to his cousin and suffering socially is bound to become an issue.

These are exacly my thoughts.
Mar 22, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
Denpa Onna: Introducing plot for the first time... In the last (bonus) episode!

... Aside from that, that nopan Erio~ <3 ... But aside from that, THAT FRIGGIN AUTISTIC ERIO?! I mean, seriously, I know that she's a shut in and everything, but dammit woman there's a raging yelling loli behind you and then the meteor chrashed and everything exploded and shit and you're just like... Spacing out. Didn't even notice. WTF woman.

Also lol @ 2 left legs while she's lying in the futon at the beginning...
Mar 22, 2013 11:55 PM

Mar 2013
So here goes the episode with more story about the alien things after that water-shower one. Maybe Niwa can rethink about what Erio has said earlier..
"Someone you meet can always change your life"
Jun 22, 2013 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
Probably one of the most gorgeous episodes of the Denpa Onna series.
Jun 24, 2013 2:00 PM

Mar 2013
This really needs a second season. The ending was beautiful but also vague.
Jun 27, 2013 4:13 PM
Jun 2013
I was happy to notice that there seems to be a second season in the making. I just finished watching this for the first time and I was pretty disappointed by the ending. Didn't offer any closure for me, but I suppose that's because there's a second season coming. I mean, I wasn't expecting this to go the way it did; I was hoping they would just go with Yashiro and Erio being a bit wrong in the head and just focusing more character development, Erio trying to start living a normal life again and such.

Also, where's all the Makoto x Erio? I mean, surely that was what they were going for? Or am I just completely wrong in thinking this? I was expecting the ending to focus more on that and I even thought it was going to go there but then suddenly Yashiro came and started summoning freaking comets.

Also, Erio is officially the cutest anime character ever.

Looking forward to the next season!
Jul 6, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2012
baseball!
meme looks so pretty in that baseball outfit lol XD

btw yashiro is show up -_-
and nice homerun :p
Aug 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting anime, not a good ending and not a bad one as well. I wonder if there`ll be a 2nd season. =)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2013 8:05 AM
May 2013
It's over D: and I wanted more moe .
I'm glad Yashiro is back now I can believe that she is an ESP and Erio was kidnapped by aliens.
Jan 25, 2014 3:41 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Like the prequel, a relaxing time. Will eagarly wait for the second season. :)
Mar 22, 2014 4:06 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty popular, I wonder why it haven't season 2.

7/10 series
8/10 ova
Apr 2, 2014 4:57 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, I didn't realize this was something seperate from the TV series when I watched it. That was kind of a dick move for the animators to keep this separate, since it seems like this episode was so important to the resolution of the story's themes regarding aliens. I guess the twelfth episode is similar, it's just considerably lacking in impact compared to this one.

TheCyclon said:
Also, where's all the Makoto x Erio? I mean, surely that was what they were going for? Or am I just completely wrong in thinking this? I was expecting the ending to focus more on that and I even thought it was going to go there but then suddenly Yashiro came and started summoning freaking comets.

I'm kind of glad they didn't finish that up. Certainly I expect it will go there if there's a future season, but there wasn't enough romantic development between them for it to have worked in this season, in my opinion.

More importantly, though there's an obvious romantic subplot, I always saw this anime as being more about the issue of whether 'supernatural phenomenon' exist, what it means to believe in them, and when one should and should not believe in them. The first arc of the TV series ended with the grandmother's rejection of supernatural phenomenon as something to redirect her hatred onto. Quite early in the anime, Makoto says (I believe to Erio) something along the lines of "I can't accept someone being interested in mysticism for such a negative reason," which I thought set the stage for the show as a whole, so it doesn't surprise me that the second arc focused primarily on supernatural phenomenon as something positive rather than attempting to resolve the story's unfinished romance aspect.
Apr 19, 2014 4:59 PM

Oct 2013
Yashiro have white hair and she is an esper.
Elliot had white hair too, maybe he was an esper?
So that makes Erio a semi-esper?
May 29, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2012
Ryuushi moments were grand.

Anime... not so grand.
Dec 25, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2014
Really nice special! :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 25, 2015 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
8/10!
Very good special episode.
Too bad that there is no second season :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 10, 2015 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
The transparency of Erio's dress was really distracting and kind of detracted from the feelings of the moment at the shrine.
Jul 17, 2015 5:48 AM

Apr 2013
That was a great ending to the series. In my mind, Yashiro does indeed have some super powers, and i think she has telekinesis, judging by her reference to using the moon to smash the Earth to bits, but in this case i think she demonstrated clairvoyance instead. When he gave her tomatoes in ep 11, she said something about his 'death evasion points' going up, that was a weird thing to say. Then she said she'd return the favour with a favour. Obviously, Yashiro knew at that point that Makoto was going to die via meteor strike and Makoto saved his own life by giving Yashiro tomatoes that day. If she called down the meteor herself, she could have brought it down anywhere, instead she had Makoto move from the spot where the meteor was going to hit. This suggests clairvoyance rather than telekinesis. But she has demonstrated telekinesis before, so she probably has both powers. Making her one hella powerful loli.
Dec 12, 2016 7:04 PM

Feb 2012
Helmet and Yukata, classic Ryuko

Meitantei Eelkawa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, Esper astronaut cosplayer might have relatives working at space agencies. Just timing.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 27, 2016 8:44 PM

Dec 2016
Damn, I really want a 2nd season, but aparently that will probably won't happen :( . Anyways, even though she could have predicted a lot of that by studying the stars (and the fact tha anime effects may blur the real truth), the meteor scene seemed real legit.
Anyways, probably going to read the LN and manga to see if there's more info about it...
"Discuss anime, respect opinions, be critical and have a fun time ;)" -I hope not a Karen haha
Dec 28, 2016 7:12 PM
Unko Kyūketsuki!

Sep 2016
Considering the direction the main series took with its story, this was a perfect OVA episode to end the season. I love that the meteorite's impact had so many implications to it.

Top notch.
Aspiring Seiyuu Fan~!
Kanako Sakai ○ Compa★Onda Aka
Yuka Iguchi ○ Takayama Maria★Sonoda Yuu★Hoshimiya Yashiro★Yukimura Aoi
Asami Imai ○ Noire★Makise Kurisu★Kiryuu Yuuzuki
Rina Satou ○ Machiko Ryou ★Vert
Eri Kitamura ○ Suzutsuki Kanade★Takanashi Miu★Uni
Ayana Taketatsu ○ Suminoe Ako ★Kousaka Kirino
Mar 5, 2018 2:40 PM

Oct 2015
Wow that was surprising when Yashiro allegedly made that meteorite fall from where Makoto moved from. That opened my dead eyes for the show, I kinda became interested in her. I gave this one a 6/10 because the rest of the series sucked and killed my day. If it wasn't for Erio and Yashiro I would have gave it a well deserved 2.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 8, 2018 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
Ryuushi's last scene is still one of the most lovable(though obviously sad) scenes I've ever seen.
I don't care about everything after that...
Dec 15, 2018 6:36 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty nice way to end the show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 26, 2018 1:37 PM

Jun 2017
I liked this series quite, although the whole love triangle stuff got in the way of what made it interesting, and because every scene Ryushii's appears inevitably devolves into that, it puts a real shame on her character that made it painful to watch her show up. Still, this series never seemed extremely ambitious, and in terms of what it was aiming for I thought it went above to touch upon some higher moments, which is always a great pleasure to the opposite.
Apr 19, 2019 4:42 PM
Mar 2018
Great ending to a good show. But I liked the first part way more than the "mysterious" one with the espers. Dunno, but if it weren't for those espers, that are a bit overused and were a bit out of place here, then it would've been a 9/10. But so, I have to give it a 8.

May 1, 2019 12:27 PM

Nov 2017
Another retarded end to a retarded show. Another 5 hours of screen time, wasted!!! 2/10
Dec 24, 2019 11:16 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow... was she actually an alien... that was really surprising... what a great ending
Jun 26, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2020
Yes! This is exactly what I want! Why are there not more stories introducing supernatural elements in the middle or end of the story? What an amazing open end.
Uhm, but 0/10 because no yakuta Eri-tan.
Nov 29, 2021 11:38 PM

Aug 2020
I knew it. Aliens are watching us. As expected of Shaft, beautifully animated shows.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 11, 2022 10:46 AM

Oct 2018
Beautifully drawn anime, but the plot was a meandering mess, interesting enough characters but the plot needed more focus on the Roswellian aspects of the town like this special, and less on the mundane.
Jan 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Oct 2018
VxeR_ said:

THIS! So much this! This should have been the thing to focus the series plot on, not trivial baseball & basketball games!
Jan 11, 2022 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
MKSTEEL said:
VxeR_ said:

THIS! So much this! This should have been the thing to focus the series plot on, not trivial baseball & basketball games!

Bruh that’s an 8 year old comment I don’t even remember writing it
Jan 11, 2022 4:43 PM

Oct 2018
VxeR_ said:
MKSTEEL said:

I just finished the show myself, just got the same vibe you had mentioned there, that's all.
Jan 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
MKSTEEL said:
VxeR_ said:

I just finished the show myself, just got the same vibe you had mentioned there, that's all.
Don’t worry, I was just surprised lol
Jun 25, 2022 9:46 PM
Mar 2022
And marks the end of another great journey.
I feel empty, but this anime got a special place in my heart.

All of them are best gurls btw, but Erio is my favorite
Jun 25, 2022 9:48 PM
Mar 2022
I feel sad for the senpai's here who thought it will get a second season, but here we are a decade later and still no news, whats more is that the light novel was cancelled...
Jul 19, 2022 12:58 PM
Dec 2021
great! Homomorphisms.
Aug 29, 2022 4:52 AM
Jan 2020
wait what the fuck does aliens actually exist here
Sep 25, 2022 9:01 AM
Nov 2019
A bit anticlimactic but it's aight 7/10
Dec 2, 2022 6:38 AM
Dec 2020
the ultra monogatari reference
Mar 25, 2023 9:00 PM

Dec 2022
Fun anime with a great premise and enjoyable characters. The one glaring flaw that it has, however, is that it chronically underuses the titualar heroine Erio. She doesn't have anywhere near the screentime and narrative focus she should've been given after the halfway point. Fortunately, she still has some screentime, so I can't be too harsh. If only it got a second season...

Shaded Horizon

May 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Sep 2020
Didn't care for the series but this was a little better. 7/10

Poor Maekawa stuck working :(
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
May 22, 2023 5:46 PM

Dec 2017
One of the most mindfucky endings in the history of anime. I'm still bitter we never got a sequel to this show.
Dec 11, 2023 10:57 PM
May 2019
Reply to BioPi
i googled Denpa Onna season 2 and this came up

http://mon0r.com/2011/07/second-season-confirmed-denpa-onna-to-seishun-otoko/

Apparently there is a season 2
@BioPi Almost 2024 and still none. Got anything else to add? Lol
Dec 11, 2023 11:10 PM
May 2019
Reply to The_Knowledge
Yashiro is not actually an alien or anything its just that she has seen the future and foresaw the meteor so she used that opportunity to prove Niwa that when you stop believing you are giving up on something you can accomplish when the time comes. This anime will soon have its season 2 because it needed more explanation on how Erio lost her memories. And the Granny somehow resembles Yashiro.
@The_Knowledge Well your name is definitely ironic seeing as how it's been 11 years and there's still no second season, lol
Dec 11, 2023 11:11 PM
May 2019
Reply to Tomzkk
The_Knowledge said:
Yashiro is not actually an alien or anything its just that she has seen the future and foresaw the meteor so she used that opportunity to prove Niwa that when you stop believing you are giving up on something you can accomplish when the time comes. This anime will soon have its season 2 because it needed more explanation on how Erio lost her memories. And the Granny somehow resembles Yashiro.

2 questions --

Did u get information about "foresawing meteor" somewhere or is it just what u think ??
and any proves of second season coming ??
@Tomzkk Don't listen to dumb bells like that. They always talk out their ass. It's been 11 years since then and have you seen season 2 anywhere in site? Lol
Dec 11, 2023 11:16 PM
May 2019
Reply to iliyanski89
Another retarded end to a retarded show. Another 5 hours of screen time, wasted!!! 2/10
@iliyanski89 10/10 most definitely.. needs 100 billion more seasons
Dec 11, 2023 11:18 PM
May 2019
Reply to VxeR_
MKSTEEL said:
VxeR_ said:

@VxeR_ I respond to 15 year old comments all the time, lol .. it's one of my favorite hobbies.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.