Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (37) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2010 10:13 PM

Oct 2009
ChapsTheDuder said:
Occult Academy

Seriously, it makes Soul Eater's ending look like Citizen Kane's Rosebud

At first I was:

but then I was still:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2010 7:50 PM
Feb 2010
ChapsTheDuder said:
Occult Academy

Oct 11, 2010 5:53 PM

Dec 2009
Occult Academy
Gundam Seed Destiny
Soul Eater D:<
Feed my Pets Plz? :3

Oct 11, 2010 6:50 PM

Aug 2008
Super1nintendo said:
School Days-

Ahhh!!! My brain! Horrible! Horrible Scary memories!! Their all coming back!

Yes...I'd also agree on...School Days...*twitches*

Oct 11, 2010 7:31 PM

May 2008
Rumbling Hearts: The ending made me soooo mad. I mean how stupid is this guy?
Oct 12, 2010 4:50 AM

Aug 2008
Mai Hime

The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Oct 12, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2009
Gundam Seed
Zeta Gundam
Gundam 0079
Gundam X
Gundam F91
Gyakushuu no Char
Gundam Wing
Angel Beats!
Canaan
The second half of the last episode of Casshern Sins
Fate / Stay Night
Higashi no Eden
Macross Frontier
Noir
Shaman King
Senjou no Valkyria
Oct 12, 2010 1:45 PM

Sep 2010
From what i've seen, there are three endings that have left me dissatisfied:

1. Vampire Knight Guilty: Even though i really enjoyed the series, i found this ending to be too... rushed. Idk i think so many events at the very last chapters left me confused.

2.Pandora Hearts: I think if a sequel won't be comming up, this series just don't wrap all the loose end up. It leaves many mysteries without explanation.

3.True Tears: A great drama :D however if i would have had the decition of changing the ending i certainly would. Isurugi Noe is left alone. Her brother has an incest- like love for her thus goes away to protect her from himsef. Her chicken dies. Her soulmate discovers that he has another love. I really had hoped her true tears would be of happiness, not of melancholy.

Anyways that's what i think.

PS:I don't really think death note had a bad ending though. The fact that L appears at the very end makes the watcher make his own conclusions about his death. Is he truly dead or is he not? i kinda like that.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Oct 12, 2010 1:47 PM

Feb 2010
school days
angel beats
Fate/Stay Night
Shingetusten Tsukihime
Occult Academy

iamalexlemayne.tumblr.com;Please follow (:
Oct 14, 2010 4:03 AM
Sep 2010
Compared to the manga ending.. the anime ending of Death Note wasn't very good :( I thought it was a lot more awesome when Ryuk turned badass... I didn't understand how Light managed to get up and run so far away after being shot several times in the anime in a room full of cops o_O
Oct 14, 2010 5:05 AM

Sep 2010
ugh! Ergo proxy....just...ugh!! UGH!!!.. *shakes*
Oct 14, 2010 5:30 AM

Nov 2007
Asako said:
And lastly, Clannad After Story. While the first half was typically enjoyable Clannad not much different to the first season, it went down hill after the mid-way point, but the 'last' episode (22, not the recap stuff after) was one of the worst conclusions to any story ever.

I have to agree with this completely. Way to end an Anime unreasonably.
Oct 14, 2010 7:55 AM

Jun 2007
Death Note:
The last ten or so minutes NEARLY made me rate it 9/10. Everything was perfect - evil laugh and all... until Madhouse did what they usually do and change the very end of the ending for the worse. They removed the last twist (Ryuk writing in front of others) in order to have Light do a marathon and try to make viewers sympathetic towards him; going against the original ending by doing so.

Claymore:
Until the 25th episode, it was a top ten contender. If Madhouse had ended the series on a Berserk-esque cliffhanger, they would've made the series be discussed in years to come AND allowed for a continuation. But, instead, they went for a final boss battle... then decided to end everything inconclusively, anyway. It was retarded and highlighted how bad Madhouse are - in spite of their brilliance - at ending their adaptations. Honestly, I should 8/10 it because of how bad the finale was, but knocking off a point when I loved 1-24 seems mighty harsh...

My-HiME:
After turning into an emotional, Battle Royale-esque tale of tragedy, the writers did a complete 180 at the death; reviving the entire cast. And if that wasn't enough to make the ending bad (it was!), the retarded final battle and all the silliness surrounding it sure as hell as. Yet another great series let down by an awful ending. I'm only kind with my rating because its story was poor to begin with; it being a character>story type.

Utawarerumono:
It got worse and worse as it neared the end. What started out as a medieval warfare epic turned into Godzilla. A robot army entered the picture, a past involving blob monsters, and all the other rubbish that usually gets pulled out of arses in Japan.

Trigun:
Vash goes off to his final encounter with his nemesis, wins... and then doesn't kill him; taking him back with him? Ok, then - I'm SURE an evil character such as Knives would turn into a goodie, with some love. Retarded.

Neon Genesis Evangelion / End of Eva:
When a comprehensible version intended to be understood gets released, I'll like Eva a lot more. Only appreciated by those who think symbolism = deep.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann:
Simon never could compare to Kamina. And planet throwing ranks highly in the league of retarded shit. It got worse and worse once the space rubbish started; the episode where characters 'tragically' got killed off being awful.

Devilman Lady:
I stopped following what was happening when the HOT lesbian pairing became some kind of God & devil pairing; God's child using 'his' penis on the devil to control all life, or something - I forget. The anime writers lost it completely.

Gantz:
A horrible player vs. player, original story finale where the Afghan war got mentioned. The Buddha arc - the best part of Gantz - also got shitty treatment in the first series; the pacing first moving too slowly then speeding up when the best parts were reached.

True Tears:
If the chicken girl and her constant, serious chicken metaphors wasn't enough to make me dislike True Tears, then the series ending and then getting extended by two episodes sure as hell was. The lead chased after and confessed to the girl he liked... then did a 180; being cold towards her and showing affection towards the chicken girl. It was like the studio behind it realized they'd finished the story a few episodes too early and then had to extend the drama, illogically.
AironicallyHumanOct 14, 2010 8:06 AM
Oct 14, 2010 12:20 PM
Nov 2009
Eiko said:
Asako said:
And lastly, Clannad After Story. While the first half was typically enjoyable Clannad not much different to the first season, it went down hill after the mid-way point, but the 'last' episode (22, not the recap stuff after) was one of the worst conclusions to any story ever.

I have to agree with this completely. Way to end an Anime unreasonably.

I agree as well here's why.

Clannad After Story:

The ending would have been much better, had it ended without the random miracle and instead properly handled tomoyo's realization of the faults of his condenscension and regrets. By say ending it after the dream like sequence where tomoyo decides to repeat his previous choices rather than running away from loss.
(Also i can do without random montages of happniness and meaningless "where are they now shots".)
Oct 14, 2010 2:04 PM
Apr 2010
elfen lied. just because i felt its was very anti climatic. but i feel like death note ending gets too much hate. yeah final arc was rather weak but i love the direction its takes in some places, and i had grown to really dislike light that i wanted people to see what he was and for him to just die. if it had ended with episode 25 i would have felt unsatisfied, and the actual ending didnt that for me. in a way it saved the entire last arc for me
Oct 14, 2010 2:04 PM
Apr 2010
elfen lied. just because i felt its was very anti climatic. but i feel like death note ending gets too much hate. yeah final arc was rather weak but i love the direction its takes in some places, and i had grown to really dislike light that i wanted people to see what he was and for him to just die. if it had ended with episode 25 i would have felt unsatisfied, and the actual ending didnt that for me. in a way it saved the entire last arc for me
Oct 15, 2010 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
Black Lagoon: second barrage = actually that entire arc that ended the season was long, drawn out, boring, and with a conclusion where i didnt care. The lack of revy-action and overall "dark" themes such as in the vampire Twins arc really disappointed me.

School Rumble (1+2 and the two 3rd season "ova's)= terrible ending. NO conclusion at all in terms of who ends up with who. Open ended conclusions never work properly in romance/comedy animes...
Oct 23, 2010 11:21 AM

May 2009
Clannad ~After Story~. Talk about an easy way out.
Oct 23, 2010 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
School Days Ending was horrible but I learned a lesson from it :P
Oct 23, 2010 3:10 PM

Jan 2008
True tears

By far. It was so bad i cried true tears.
Oct 23, 2010 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
Tenjho Tenge had a pretty bad ending in my opinion.

And obviously Soul Eater.
Oct 23, 2010 5:55 PM

Aug 2010
I loved the ending of Clannad After Story, it gave a lot more meaning to the girl and trash robot world.

The worst ending ever....hmmm Kampfer. Ok there wasn't a whole lot of plot there in the first place but the ending was horrible.

Also i didn't much care for TTGL or Gantz's endings either.
Oct 23, 2010 6:07 PM

Sep 2010
Kare Kano, without a doubt.

Oh my god, the first arc was something truly special; a romance story that was actually original!

Great characters, hillarious jokes, interesting story... it was really something special.

And then theres the ending; let's replace our original couple with one that is totally unoriginal. Let's give them a really cliche romance story to get them together, too... You know what else would be good? If we made the penultimate episode some completely unrelated filler about a minor character!

Let's leave a whole bunch of questions unanswered too; let's set up a subplot where the cast are going to have a play, but finish the series before they do that play!

I swear to god, I have never been so disapointed with an ending in my entire life. That series was exceptionally good, and then around episode 20 all that was good about it dies and is replaced with cliches and bad decisions.

When I was about halfway through Kare Kano, I was thinking it would be my favourite anime of all time. But that horrendous ending means it only gets into my personal favourites list out of sympathy.

I'd kill for a second series, but it'll be snowing in hell before that happens...
Oct 23, 2010 7:18 PM

Aug 2009
Shugo Chara
Oct 23, 2010 7:43 PM
Oct 2010
Occult Academy. That anime had such potential but the last three episodes just was a total WTF (and definitely not the good kind >_<)
Oct 23, 2010 8:22 PM

Dec 2008
Soul Eater - worst ending I have ever seen, I cant bring myself to continue reading the manga bcuz of that final episode, the worst single episode of anything i have ever seen.

Desert Punk - kosuna = shit, kanta = awesome

Black Cat - because it was dumb filler shit but the real ending that was about 3 episodes prior was ok
Oct 24, 2010 4:11 AM

Jun 2010
Loveless because they were to lazy to continue the series and just made there own open ending D:
Fruits Basket also had a pretty lame ending D:
Oct 25, 2010 6:36 AM
Nov 2009
freduy5 said:
School Days Ending was horrible but I learned a lesson from it :P

*school days was horrible.
Nov 3, 2010 6:37 AM

Jun 2010
If there where votes Death note would win xD
Nov 3, 2010 7:28 AM
Jun 2008
cantiblelovely said:
Occult Academy. That anime had such potential but the last three episodes just was a total WTF (and definitely not the good kind >_<)
He bent the spoon with style =P
Nov 3, 2010 7:46 AM

Mar 2008
Animes
Fruits Basket I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that they can't continue this series.
Bokura ga Ita
Full Metal Panic especially Fumoffu. . . not even a kiss ugh
Love Hina
Midori no Hibi ohhhh how this ending frustrates me so.
Noir lol what
Soul Eater
Toradora Just. . .wtf this is one of the ones I hate the MOST.
Wolf's Rain
Nov 3, 2010 8:28 AM
May 2010
KeiranShikari said:
Also i didn't much care for TTGL

I thought Gurren Lagann's ending did its job as a mecha-homage series, giving an f-u to all those 'big-ham' self-proclaimed-to-be-powerful shounen characters. At the end of the day, who the Hell do I think you are? Just an average washed out guy like Simon in the end. Heh heh. Nice.

As far as After Story is concerned, I admit that the ending was definitely a missed opportunity, and it could had used a better boost to its structure. But no, it wasn't bad at all. Far from it. As KeiranShikari pointed out, the way they dealt with the girl and the trash-bot was superb as an art-form. It wasn't revolutionary, but it was so beautifully done, especially when Tomoya had the choice and possibility of walking down that hill and ignore Nagisa at any point of time in that last episode. I digress.

It's tough to find an ending so bad it would be considered 'the worst'. Bad endings, maybe, but 'the worst' is something else. And sometimes, it's better to have a bad ending than not have a ending at all (*cough*Pokemon*cough*).

The closest bad ending I could recall is from Highschool of the Dead. The series itself was already a cheese-fest, but the ending was so disappointing its entertainment value is to a bare minimum, even to the fans who would enjoy brainless zombie action (no pun intended). This is the real type of anime that cleans its shit up with an easy way out.
Nov 3, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2010
Death note, pandora hearts, trinity blood, claymore

Nov 3, 2010 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
I really didn't like AIRs ending. I was putting up with the story hoping for some conclusion and then they were like "lol everyone dies but we dont really explain anything"
Nov 3, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
Skip Beat. Because the series was going so splendidly.
Nov 3, 2010 5:51 PM

Oct 2010
Some you have named many times in the thread:

School Rumble - I kinda agree with this. Yes, it's weird that I also mentioned the series in "animes with perfect ending", but that's because of a very simple thing: in my mind, School Rumble ends in its second season. It's the perfect ending for the show as I conceived it.

My problem with San Gakki -that infamous OVA, and the real ending to the series- is not that I think it's specially badly-written, actually I find it entertaining with its many flaws, but it introduced something I never thought this anime should have:

School Days - It's quite terrible in terms of story (maniac characters about topics you never came to realize why they started caring at first), but I guess it's a guilty pleasure, because it was so over-the-top and weird-looking that, surprisingly, I kind of enjoyed and found it entertaining.

Elfen Lied - Many things are not solved (and I hate that), but on the other hand, the climax is SO well made... It's one of those endings I can enjoy a lot alone but still think they are shitty as a conclusion to the series.
jal90Nov 3, 2010 5:55 PM
Nov 4, 2010 4:29 AM

Feb 2010
Blade of the Immortal!! Actually it didn't end. Squeezing all manga volumes into 13 episodes might be the problem but not an excuse...
Nov 11, 2010 7:11 PM

Aug 2010
Kuroshitsuji II.
In short, I believe the ending ruined the story completely, just because they could have done a lot more with it.
Nov 11, 2010 7:25 PM

Oct 2010
ookami-san. that was the most dissapointing ending so was
school rumble cos it didnt show what actally happened to everyone
Nov 11, 2010 10:25 PM

Jun 2009
Kuroshitsuji II, Angel Beats and more. For me, bad endings doesn't really affects how I rate the animes.
jjihhyeNov 11, 2010 10:31 PM

Nov 11, 2010 10:37 PM

Jun 2009
Death Note

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (which was already unnecessary in its entirety..)
Nov 11, 2010 10:48 PM

Nov 2010
soul eater
Nov 11, 2010 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
samurai x ova, a disease took his life, really? survived many tough battles, technically the greatest swordsmen in japan, died of a disease, I mean ok fine thats cool and then the wife has to die as well, dude might as well just take everything away from him, his kid, friends, I seriously feel sorry for him :s
Nov 11, 2010 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
Ookami-san
Angel Beats
Nov 18, 2010 9:21 AM

Nov 2010
legend of basara is the worst ending..then d gray man,the last episode is not bad but alot of things remained unexplained
Nov 18, 2010 5:17 PM

Apr 2009
Pandora Hearts....The whole anime seemed so good but the ending wrapped it up bad. Even if there's going to be a second season (not even confirmed yet), it really didn't feel like a last episode of a season.

Also When Seagulls Cry, but the whole show was disappointing.
Nov 20, 2010 4:52 PM

Nov 2010
Death Note, Ichigo 100%, Clannad AS and Inuyasha, imo.
Nov 20, 2010 4:59 PM
Sep 2007
Neon Genesis Evangelion. But I disliked the complete serie, so could also be that.
Nov 21, 2010 12:18 AM

Sep 2010
ninjastarrrfish said:
samurai x ova, a disease took his life, really? survived many tough battles, technically the greatest swordsmen in japan, died of a disease, I mean ok fine thats cool and then the wife has to die as well, dude might as well just take everything away from him, his kid, friends, I seriously feel sorry for him :s

This one takes the cake for anime endings that sucked. Sometimes anime have bad endings that happened to be different from the manga because the anime got ahead of the manga...but this ending was so bad the mangaka had to make a special release to give his characters proper closure.

Nov 21, 2010 12:25 AM

Nov 2009
Asobi ni ikyo. Not to say that series was good to begin with, but by god, was that ending just atrocious. The cat ears, the main guy still being a dense indecisive playboy, everyone thinking it'll be peaches and cream now that whatever they needed to do is over. Just what in the HELL.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (37) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best episodic anime

JoeChip - Yesterday

24 by Kdog1998 »»
58 seconds ago

» Which DIRECTION Is Your Waifu Facing?

BerriesSan - 21 minutes ago

3 by Daviljoe193 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you wish there were more historical anime?

SimplyBrazen - Today

32 by Longnines »»
11 minutes ago

» What anime girl's underwear do you wanna buy?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

6 by BerriesSan »»
12 minutes ago

» unpopular opinions

ST63LTH - 9 hours ago

32 by camay1997 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.