Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 7, 2011 2:17 AM

Aug 2010
Claudia is evil-minded and now she's brain washing Zwei (again) to joining her team...
Apr 1, 2011 2:34 AM
Mar 2011
Hey I didn't read every post here but there's two things I'm wondering:
1. Why didn't Lizzie just kill Ein? She shot her in the leg and ran home? Really?
2. The organization knows about Phantom's hideout, McCunnen visited the facility before. If they had so many search teams, why not check there? That'd be the first place I'd check.

I love this anime and try to ignore these holes but c'mon!

Aside from these mistakes, I'm excited that the story is taking a turn.
Jan 26, 2012 3:54 PM
Jan 2012
only thing that irked me was that they didn't check the one place that phantoms were always at...derp derp derp plot hole...but other than that epic twist imo. I usually HATE, and i mean HATE non-romance centered animes , but this is going ok for me so far.
Mar 15, 2012 11:21 PM

Sep 2011
Holy shit only episode 8 and now we get to see some alone time together with Ein and Zwei trying to escape together!? FK YEAH! >:D
Mar 30, 2012 9:56 PM

Dec 2011
I cant believe.
This anime just gets better and better.
Best episode so far.
GlubMar 30, 2012 10:25 PM
Apr 5, 2012 5:10 PM

Mar 2011
Pssshhh If I was Zwei, I would have gone with Claudia rather than boring old Ein.
Jun 10, 2012 8:41 PM

Nov 2007
still to me it seems Scythe was the real enemy. I couldn't forgive that scum after the stuff he did to Ein.

was McCunnen really bad? she seemed to actually want to help Zwei.

figured they'd break off from Inferno, but not this soon.
Jun 17, 2012 4:08 PM

Jan 2012
really the best episode by far! wow, great character development and plot movement (maybe a tad too early maybe actually im not sure?) but this is all coming together nicely! The bullet removal scene was hard to take seriously xD sexual innuendos galore there... wow loving this series atm!
Sep 1, 2012 9:01 AM

Aug 2012
Excellent episode. Shit's getting real now. I foresaw something along those lines, but I thought it would have been a mission assigned to Ein or Zwei with the order to kill the other one. Anyway, awesome plot twist here.

Can't wait to see the story unfolds. How will the two of them manage to pull that off.

4.5/5

Oct 12, 2012 5:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Awesome episode. So well made.

My dear Zwei (or Reiji I shoud say). You've now dissapointed Mrs. McCullen severely. Don't you know that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 30, 2012 4:59 PM
Jul 2012
Nice episode.
I hate Claudia. That bitch.
Glad Rejji choose the right decison to help Eln.
5/5
Dec 24, 2012 12:14 AM

May 2011
Claudia was the real mastermind behind all of this. She really outdid herself this time. Though I could care less about Scythe Master, now our beloved Ein is targeted by Inferno and is on the run. I'm really glad Zwei, or rather, Reiji is doing what he believes to be right. The impact of regaining his old memories and the experience of his second life merged into one to form the character that is standing before us now. This is the real him, not the old traveller, nor only "Zwei". So in a way it seems like the real show will start now (Every episode up until now was amazing for me, so I don't even know what to expect in the future, I'm already awe-struck.)

5/5
Jan 14, 2013 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
How did Ein keep missing Lizzie but never misses when she is shooting henchmen.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 27, 2013 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
Finally some story developement! I was getting really tired of all the non-stop Phantom-missions...
Apr 17, 2013 6:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
SilentPredator03 said:
Great episode. Claudia basically forces Zwei's hand, but gives him the illusion of freedom. I still think it's a little early in the series for this to happen and Claudia is too early with this move. She really needed to build a stronger bond between herself and Zwei (not to mention getting some distance between him and Ein) before executing this plan.

At first it seemed like she was nice to tell Zwei to think for himself and not be a puppet, and then she let's him remember his past, knowing that there's not way he would choose to go back to his life. So cruel. But did she honestly think he would go to her side? Maybe, if Ein was safe, yet that's not the case. There will always be some sort of attachment with the first person you bond with, for Ein it's the Scythe Master, and for Zwei, it's Ein. I was going to only watch 4 episodes per day, but screw it! I need to watch the next episode now!
Jan 9, 2014 9:33 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, that's a twist I didn't saw comming. I don't get it, Claudia wasn't working with Scythe on that one? And why would Scythe betray Inferno? He would gain pretty much nothing except a bullet in the head.

That was some twisted cruelty, make someone totally normal forget his identity, make him become a puppet and make him kill a lot of people, then brutally make his memory come back. Claudia was fucking psycho on this one. What is she planning? Her smile made her so confident, it looked like she had everything in control.

So now they're gonna get tracked and from the preview Zwei, now Reiji, will get captured by Claudia subordinate. I'm pretty sure she'll ask him to lead her to Ein, but he'll of course not do that.

Also, after all they did, can they really hope for a normal life? They could hide and flee from the U.S.A. with a new identity. But still, after all they did, Ein is still a brainwashed puppet and Reiji, I don't know if he can really deal with all the remorse.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 15, 2014 10:57 AM

Oct 2012
Another good episode that captured well the atmosphere of original game. Well done :)

It wouldn't suprise me if this escape was all Claudia's plan from the start also.
Jan 27, 2014 12:52 AM

Jul 2013
well that was definitely the best option, to just escape together however Ein didn't exactly agreed with him... what if when she recovers she decides to come back to that insane freak, Scythe Master??.. I'll be damned
Mar 29, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2012
Nice she managed to survive! Well pretty sweet development, I wonder if there will be any kind of romance development between those two!
Apr 19, 2014 8:42 PM

Apr 2012
damn Claud is malicious and manipulative
great episode

May 8, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
Zeally said:
damn Claud is malicious and manipulative
great episode

Not sure if I her hate her or Scythe Master more. I hope Ein doesn't go back to Scythe Master after all this.
Jul 10, 2014 1:35 AM

Oct 2013
great episode nice plot twist
I wish he would stay with her
I liek the fact he got his memories back
is Azuma an assassin clan ?
so now they have the world against them
scythe inferno and well the police if they even count
[/quote]
Aug 12, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2009
Woah! I am impressed with it! it's soooo good!
Clau sure is smart, let's see what more she wants now that she took Scythe out of Inferno.
Feb 4, 2015 2:42 AM
Aug 2014
Seems like everyone in this anime is selectively stupid just to progress the plot; no-one thought to look for 1 in the facility where she trained 2?

Of course 2 also suddenly abandons his merciless self-preservation instinct to save 1.
LorezhnoFeb 4, 2015 2:45 AM
Jan 8, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
Lorezhno said:
Seems like everyone in this anime is selectively stupid just to progress the plot; no-one thought to look for 1 in the facility where she trained 2?

Of course 2 also suddenly abandons his merciless self-preservation instinct to save 1.

Yes, these "details" are also annoying me so much...
Mar 19, 2016 12:51 AM

Mar 2012
After all the shit he's done already now is when he decides to escape lol.

I guess they would say getting his memory back made him more humane which is the reason he decided to escape with Ein instead of obeying the order to kill her to prioritize his own survival. As for Claudia, never liked that manipulating witch the moment she first showed up.
Apr 3, 2016 5:24 PM
Jul 2014
Good episode. Ein was surely deceived but I'm glad Reiji is sticking with her to the end...
Aug 8, 2016 7:07 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Claudia, looks like your plan did not go completely as planned.
Nov 27, 2016 4:10 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Nice job Claudia... providing "choices" but trapping everyone into making the choice she wants.
Jul 12, 2017 4:59 PM

May 2015
I prefeer Zwei over Reiji :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 15, 2017 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
o damn
we went from professional assassin to Dr.Tenma
Apr 16, 2018 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Woah, that's a twist I didn't saw comming. I don't get it, Claudia wasn't working with Scythe on that one? And why would Scythe betray Inferno? He would gain pretty much nothing except a bullet in the head.

Just watched this episode and it has me a bit confused, as well. I thought Claudia and SM were working together and that SM would not betray Inferno.
Here is my take on it.
- Claudia proposed the job to SM to have Ein and Zwei backup the raid members against the others.
- Claudia then put Lizzie and some Inferno members on a job that was on the opposing side of SM and Ein
- Claudia recalled Zwei to her place
- Both parties attacked each other at the site and Claudia made it seem like Ein and SM attacked Lizzie and Inferno members

That was the gist of what I got. Maybe I am wrong, because I really did not see the twist coming and was confused. Still don't think SM is stupid enough to fall for it, he should have some evidence he was in cahoots with Claudia.
Apr 20, 2018 3:50 AM

May 2016
I Love where this is going.
Feb 21, 2020 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
I mean we're just at episode 8, so it was obvious that it would turn out like this. But nicely executed I guess.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 12, 2023 1:59 AM

Dec 2022
I'm sure that escape will turn out well, only eight episodes in.
This episode wants to remind you that this is basically a story about an evil organisation abducting two teenagers and forcing them to be assassins. It does that pretty well.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

631 by _RushBee_ »»
May 4, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nayrael - Aug 13, 2009

272 by TankerNejla »»
Apr 29, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.