Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2009 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just completed watching the RAW.

Aug 13, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2009
Loved the episode
Eren<3
New OP NEW ED

pictures from ep 20
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Aug 13, 2009 10:19 PM
May 2008
I only saw a couple moments of it cuz I'm waiting for it to be subbed but I did see that Reiji is still a high school student???? hes got to be at least 20 by now right?
Aug 14, 2009 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
I only saw a couple moments of it cuz I'm waiting for it to be subbed but I did see that Reiji is still a high school student???? hes got to be at least 20 by now right?

He is 18 now.
Aug 14, 2009 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
Wait. Cal isn't a Loli anymore??? Damn that! What happen to her?
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Aug 14, 2009 8:57 PM

Feb 2008
Scythe Master have trained Cal to become assassin and probably want to kill Ein or well we all knew this will happend and they can't live a normal life forever. Oh she looks more colder then before.
But in the opening she looks more lively, oh well just see what happening in next epiosde.
BlackbirdAug 14, 2009 9:01 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 14, 2009 10:20 PM

Jun 2009
Blackbird said:
Scythe Master have trained Cal to become assassin and probably want to kill Ein or well we all knew this will happend and they can't live a normal life forever. Oh she looks more colder then before.
But in the opening she looks more lively, oh well just see what happening in next epiosde.

She better not kill Ein =[
Aug 15, 2009 1:16 AM

Nov 2007
School life? Ein as Reiji's sister is nice.

Cal as adult is too sexy yet ugly at the same time for some reason.

And yay new op finally. New ed is pretty, new op is so so but like new ones more.
tsubasaloverAug 15, 2009 1:43 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 15, 2009 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
Wait. Cal isn't a Loli anymore??? Damn that! What happen to her?

As time passes, people grow up.
NayraelAug 15, 2009 2:03 AM
Aug 15, 2009 3:39 AM

Jun 2009
tsubasalover said:

Cal as adult is too sexy yet ugly at the same time for some reason.

How is she ugly? I think adult Cal is hot.

I do see what Mario was saying, though. Two years ago she looked like she was 10 and now she looks about as old a Ein or Zwei.

It's strange that Zwei's reflexes haven't dulled after 2 years of inactivity. Although he'd still be able to block a high school girl swinging her book bag at him even if he were getting rusty.
Aug 15, 2009 5:27 AM
Feb 2009
Nayrael said:
He is 18 now.

Uh, wow. I always thought he's about 18-20 in the first few eps o.o And Ellen is a year younger or so. And Cal is looking way much older than she is supposed to. I thought she's about 11-12 in the past episodes...

Btw, in the first 12 minutes I was bored to hell. From the previous episode's preview I knew this was coming, but I hoped we don't get a full shoujo-ish ep. I was relieved when Cal showed up ^^

And we have a new ED :) Though I very much disliked the OP.
Aug 15, 2009 6:38 AM

Jul 2008
Ages:

Season 1 (episodes 1-10):
Ein: 14 (she looks too old... but since she can't grow, she will look to young for rest of her life tough)
Zwei: 15

Season 2 (12-19):
Ellen: 15
Reiji: 16 (he looks older because of his clothes and job)
Cal: 14

Season 3 (20-26):
Ellen: 17
Reiji: 18
Cal: 16

Btw, in the first 12 minutes I was bored to hell. From the previous episode's preview I knew this was coming, but I hoped we don't get a full shoujo-ish ep. I was relieved when Cal showed up ^^

Cal likes action movies so there is no way that she will allow the show where she is a character to be a slice of life series.
NayraelAug 15, 2009 6:46 AM
Aug 15, 2009 8:15 AM
Feb 2009
Thank you for the ages ^^ Now everything is clear :)
Aug 15, 2009 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:
Ages:

Season 1 (episodes 1-10):
Ein: 14 (she looks too old... but since she can't grow, she will look to young for rest of her life tough)
Zwei: 15

Season 2 (12-19):
Reiji: 16 (he looks older because of his clothes and job)

Season 3 (20-26):
Ellen: 17
Reiji: 18
Cal: 16

Cal likes action movies so there is no way that she will allow the show where she is a character to be a slice of life series.

=_=
seems like eren isnt going any "prettiter" or taller =[
Aug 15, 2009 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
Urgh, is Cal's MAL profile updated yet ? I wanna have her in mah fav charac list but everytime I checked, it's still the same old LOLI she used to be, still cuter than EIn as well as the rest of the female cast though... Or anybody can tell me how to change her profile then I will have the honor to do it by myself (-_-)v

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 15, 2009 3:34 PM

Sep 2008
eh, waiting for subs is such a pain when you know bunch of people already watched new episode...

He is 18 now.

huh? so it fast forwarded for 3 years now? oh well....

anyway im not ageeing with it! he definitely wasnt 15 at the start T_T this is to freakin odd, he looked and behave like at least 18-19 what the heck...and most importantly that would make Claudia pedophile, muahaha xD

you wanna tell me guys they were almost the same age ? ...

yeah of course xD

and also....

(she looks too old... but since she can't grow, she will look to young for rest of her life tough)

why is that?

Urgh, is Cal's MAL profile updated yet ? I wanna have her in mah fav charac list but everytime I checked, it's still the same old LOLI she used to be, still cuter than EIn as well as the rest of the female cast though... Or anybody can tell me how to change her profile then I will have the honor to do it by myself (-_-)v

you just picks character you want to edit, then go to "edit character" and on the bottom there will be something like "add picture", then you choose it from your pc and voila, but first you have to wait and see if they will accept it (and they sometimes dont, even if they dont have any reason -_- )
Aug 15, 2009 3:43 PM

Jul 2008
anyway im not ageeing with it! he definitely wasnt 15 at the start T_T this is to freakin odd, he looked and behave like at least 18-19 what the heck...and most importantly that would make Claudia pedophile, muahaha xD

Thats because he was crushed by all the assasin staff so he acted like an adult, I guess.

why is that?

Scyhte used her as a guinea pig on which he tested all sorts of drugs. After some time, her body stoped growing (what made her grow so fast anyway... how would she look now?).
Reiji got only drugs needed for brainwashing and Cal got none so they are safe.
NayraelAug 15, 2009 4:00 PM
Aug 15, 2009 8:39 PM

Jul 2009
and most importantly that would make Claudia pedophile, muahaha xD

Well, thats why I RAGED at people who criticized Cal & Reiji while purposefully ignoring Claudia & Reiji. Hence I was convinced that most of them are females who enjoy some Shota and the likes <_<

Scyhte used her as a guinea pig on which he tested all sorts of drugs. After some time, her body stoped growing (what made her grow so fast anyway... how would she look now?).

0-o How surprising *OVER 9000 sarcasm* so he can actually invent something other than some cheap ass lotion and know how to peep people through cameras like the damn Scythe Stalker he was supposed to be ? What explosive news indeed 8-)

Aug 17, 2009 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
Oh, hell with those ages. Seriously. Maybe it was so in the game, but I prefer to look at anime, and what do we have there? We have serious Reji and Elen, acting tough and mature, looking old as well. It would seem that they're at least 19 at the begining of the series, and that makes a lot more sense to me. Besides, let's face it - kids and teenagers DOESN'T have a simple strenght to efficently kill (maybe with ak-47 in africa's villages, when they just have to be cannon-meat, but not in urban environment as an trained assassin), despite of what most series are trying to tell us. Hell, sniper rifle used by Elen a few eps back would recoil so hard, that frekin' muscled soldier would have a nice bruise. That's why I sincerely screw theory about young age and ingorantly believe, that Reji and Elen are 19-21 (after all this age is universal for muscle grow) through the series, it makes things much more realistic and that's what I long in anime (in general). Sure, hypotheticaly kid would be much easier to manipulate, but in Phantom main characters are memory-wiped clean, so this factor is irrelevant here (exept Cal, but if we look at the series, she acutally was drawn as teenager, and acted just as teenager is supposed to, that's why I'm reffering only to Ein&Zwei team. And seriously, aside of that, I don't care about Cal :P Maybe it'll change now, when she grew older).
Maybe it has something to do that I'm myself 20, but well, it cannot be helped. And if someone would tell me that I can't stand with my decision after this episode, 'cause Reji and Elen are in school... Well, first think about it as collage/studies - they can be ~20 then. Or haven't you seen older people, catching up on high school, which they'd drop long time ago?
As for the end of this meaningless post which probably won't be read by most of you (and I suppose I'm right in this statement :PP) I don't trying to impose my thoughts on you guys, I'm just standing up for those who want Realistic (underline this one) anime, and at last can have one, keeping in mind what they see at the screen, not some few numbers which came up from game scriptwriter.
And as for post scriptum, from me: no teenagers for assassins! Let's keep things real and handling guns for 18+!
Regards ;)
NiklaiAug 17, 2009 7:51 AM
Aug 17, 2009 7:20 AM

Jul 2008
Well, the problems with recoil and weapon weights were the reason why they were trained so much before (running around the desert, doing soldier-like exercises...) and loli Cal had a reason for using that small pistol rather then a normal one (and grown up Cal probably with a reason has those gloves). If anything, the teenagers in this show at least have some excuse to be able to handle such weapons... unlike some other shows where the kids have no problems handling weapons from the very beginning, here at least they try to justify it.

As for them having no will to kill, here are replies:
Ein - Scyhte needed to use hypnosis to force her to kill and as Ellen her wish to protect is too strong to have second toughts
Zwei - his will to live (which is better represented in the game) makes him sometimes act without thinking it through, including killing in order to survive
Drei - well, you will see in upcoming episodes what gives her the will to kill
Aug 17, 2009 7:48 AM

Aug 2008
I wasn't impling that they won't have will to kill, this will is to be found in every human being, so that's not the problem here. I was talking about physical side of issue, and sure, they did have training, I've seen it :P And that training would be much more efficient if you see them as 19-21 years old. Still, my bottom line is: watching Phantom while opposing some game scriptwriter, insted keeping in mind my point of view, makes this anime much more realistic and thus nice to see.
Aug 17, 2009 8:01 AM

Jul 2008
And I explained quite well the physical side of killing. Training around the age of 15 IS efficient as thats the time when the body starts developing and it will develop better if you put a lot of pressure on that body (the training was cut short in the anime unfortunately, but the dialogues and that what was shows should have made it obvious that training was extreme to the point that even military would not use those methods: running through desert for hours, doing push-ups like Rock Lee in Naruto, training with a gun from dawn to dusk... and all that for weeks and weeks WILL make your body able to use what is needed, especialy for males like Reiji).

If you imagine them to be older, then their behaviour becomes unrealistic. In part 1 we have Ein who is still not able to develop free will, (something she develops as she grows up, thanks to Reiji by a faster rate), them being naive in part 1, partialy naive in part 2 and partialy realistic view in part 3. If you imagine them to be around 18-19 years in part 1, then it is weird how they ain't calculative enough (believe me, Ein and Zwei from part 3 woudn't be captured like that by Claudia and Scyhte during their flight in part 1).
But if you accept that they are in 15's, then their actions become logical. As the story progresses, the characters DO mature, especialy mentaly, and become far more careful and cunning, even tough their skills became a bit rusty after those 2 years. As the story progresses, they become able to think on higher levels then they used to.

In short, while imagining them to be older will make it a little bit more beliveable to do those things physicaly, it makes their actions and toughts unbeliveable.
NayraelAug 17, 2009 8:11 AM
Aug 17, 2009 8:18 AM

Aug 2008
Well, that's your opinion, and it's obviously good that you keep up with it, I'm not preacher who wants to twists minds to his accord :p I respect that, and some points are certainly true, althought I won't change my version. 19yo can be as well naive and become more mature, careful and calculative when given new circumstances at the age 21-22. Imo both versions can be as true and logical, I'm just more comfortable with mine, which is quite natural. Aside of that, think about it as point of view from the guy who haven't play a game. Maybe you would have the same opinion in my place? Who knows. I'm not bound to this teenager-idea, so I have ease in rejecting it, and seeing what makes sense to me, personally.
peace out :p
NiklaiAug 17, 2009 8:29 AM
Aug 17, 2009 8:28 AM

Jul 2008
Well, I never tried to change your opinions. I just like to discuss my opinions with people of different opinions.

I have been an anime-only watcher for a long time and my opinions do remain unchanged (the only difference is that I can talk now with 100% certanity while else I would say the same but be less certain as the story still isn't complete in anime). The story of anime is identical to the VN one after all, with some scenes being cut out or changed, but those are very minor differences (and some things are explained in more detail in the game, but the same things can be found out if you go into a very detailed analysis of episodes as well). Your opinions most probably woudn't change if yopu played the VN either.
Aug 17, 2009 8:35 AM

Aug 2008
Well, so it's just personal differences then. Anyways, from what I read in your posts, I've got the impression you get my whole idea of realistic anime, in wide perspective, not only Phantom in particular. You've got to admit, mostly it's just painful to watch kids/teenagers running with guns like damned pros, so you probably understand my longing for mature characters, and thus explaining this anime how I've done it ;)
Aug 17, 2009 9:59 AM

Sep 2008
well, i agree with you Niklai, we arent given their personal data in anime so i think we are free to guess things like their ages on our own.
And i believe any brainwashed 18 or so year old would be naive and easily to manipulate, it's still teenager after all (and in very strange situation in this case).

anyway, putting this all aside, what the heck is Inferno doing again?! T________T
my gosh, why didnt gg or some other guys picked this up as well....
Aug 17, 2009 10:15 AM

Jul 2008
anyway, putting this all aside, what the heck is Inferno doing again?! T________T

New OP and ED usually mean longer waiting for subs :(
Aug 17, 2009 10:33 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, I didnt come back here for a while & instead of a burning fight of Mentar VS. noteDhero as usual, now it's mah friend Nayrael VS. Niklai's "oral" fight. What a great way to kill time while waiting for subs 8-) Keep going, guys, I'm cheering for you, entertain me more !!!

Aug 17, 2009 10:49 AM

Sep 2008
New OP and ED usually mean longer waiting for subs :(

argh...i forgot that... but still... they did that two weeks ago as well...big gap i mean...so i thought it the case this time as well...

btw is new opening really horrible? :( (i didnt watch it yet) because when i first heard Karma i fell in love with that song so i might be kinda prejudiced but...my ears just bleed for a majority of Ali project songs... T_T...and Karma is/was <3 *sigh*
Aug 17, 2009 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
Well, there are streams for both the OP and ED so you can check them if you want and judge by yourself.
Personally, I have nothing against the Ali Project so there are no complaints from me there.
Aug 17, 2009 12:21 PM

Sep 2008
Nayrael said:
Well, there are streams for both the OP and ED so you can check them if you want and judge by yourself.
Personally, I have nothing against the Ali Project so there are no complaints from me there.

you are right XD it was so easy, they are on youtube but i thought they wont cause MediaFactory tends to remove things associated with them from there.
Soooo....it was surprisingly good, they didnt screech and shriek on high tones like they often do, so i guess i can stand these last six episodes with that song :D
as for visuals, well one could think from this opening that its some school comedy/drama anime, haha XD its not so metaphorical like first opening but that change of mood is nice and i like it.
And most important thing....

CAL

she so freaking hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O O_O O_O O_O

omg i never thought this damn loli will turn out to be so awesome looking hot chick woah!!! :O

btw, recently i realized that characters look a lot like Umineko which look a lot like El Cazador and tadaah i was right they have the same chara designer xD
Aug 17, 2009 2:39 PM

Jul 2009
Neilikki said:
Nayrael said:

you are right XD it was so easy, they are on youtube but i thought they wont cause MediaFactory tends to remove things associated with them from there.
Soooo....it was surprisingly good, they didnt screech and shriek on high tones like they often do, so i guess i can stand these last six episodes with that song :D
as for visuals, well one could think from this opening that its some school comedy/drama anime, haha XD its not so metaphorical like first opening but that change of mood is nice and i like it.
And most important thing....

CAL

she so freaking hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O O_O O_O O_O

omg i never thought this damn loli will turn out to be so awesome looking hot chick woah!!! :O

btw, recently i realized that characters look a lot like Umineko which look a lot like El Cazador and tadaah i was right they have the same chara designer xD

I was saying the same thing about Cal WAYYYYY back and nobody believed me <_< so now, see my point ?

Aug 18, 2009 8:41 AM

Jan 2008
WHERE IS THE FUCKING SUB?!!!!!!!!!

Aug 18, 2009 9:03 PM

Apr 2009
another late release by inferno, it seems.. i'm really excited for the new chapter.. they better make that karaoke really good or what's the point of waiting..
Aug 19, 2009 1:48 AM

Jan 2008
i'm tired of waiting T__T
Aug 19, 2009 7:40 AM

Jul 2008
Well, ain't we all? I still remember when suby appeared before sunday :(
Aug 19, 2009 2:12 PM
Aug 2009
Does Inferno sub have a website?
Aug 19, 2009 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
i'm dying here!!!!!
Aug 19, 2009 2:46 PM

Jul 2008
@ImANerd:
Unfortunately, no. You can follow this site as they will probably appear there when available tough: Animetake
Aug 19, 2009 4:31 PM

Sep 2008
i'm dying here!!!!!

me too ;(
this is getting frustrating

(today another episode will be broadcasted btw )
Aug 19, 2009 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
Well, maybe at least we'll get 20th with sub soon and 21th just a few days later, like it was while back
Aug 19, 2009 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
Neilikki said:
i'm dying here!!!!!

me too ;(
this is getting frustrating

(today another episode will be broadcasted btw )

"Me too !!!" is what I would say if not for the fact that Star Ocean saves my boredom these last few days & prolly will do so for another week when, (hopefully) Funimation catches up & release 2 eps at once then "La vie est en rose" for me xD

Aug 19, 2009 7:38 PM

May 2009
Don't worry. Tomorrow we will have Funimation's sub up... At least they are fairly reliable even if they are a week late...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 19, 2009 8:44 PM

Apr 2009
easy for you to say because you're in the US..
Aug 20, 2009 3:06 AM

Jan 2008
finally the subbed episode is on ^_^
Aug 20, 2009 4:35 AM

Sep 2008
yeeeees!! finally, downloading now...

"Me too !!!" is what I would say if not for the fact that Star Ocean saves my boredom these last few days & prolly will do so for another week when

wut? Star Ocean 4? XD
Aug 20, 2009 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
just finished watching it.. i though from the start that everything has changed, especially the atmosphere.. looked like a slice of life, school anime.. heck even the op made it look like so.. but as the episode progresses, it looks like there is some shaddy business behind it.. and the way they introduced the new cal is so hot.. overall, i love this episode.. i wish i don't have to wait too long for the subs to appear next week unlike what happened here..
Aug 20, 2009 4:39 AM

Jan 2009
Cut Inferno some slack, willya?

The official OP2 lyrics came out yesterday, and any sane fansubbers would wait for them to appear. And 1 day later there's the release.

Some people, really...
Aug 20, 2009 4:44 AM

Mar 2008
Yes... sane people do not attempt to get the lyrics of an Ali Project song by ear.. o.o

Anyway, when I watched the OP I started fearing for the future of this show... but, fortunately, it only lasted for the first half. Then Cal shows up making things even more interesting. I hope this doesn't disappoint me; 6 episodes is a lot of time to properly conclude a series, so do it right! D<
Aug 20, 2009 5:03 AM

Jul 2008
Just watched the sub. Ceartanly a good episode:

1. Ellen finally turned into Ellen, unlike the visual novel where she was still mostly Ein at the moment (she didn't show her emotions that often)
2. Scenes were differently arranged in order to improve the story in anime version
3. When Cal shoot that ornament in the visual novel, she removed her helmet and drove off. I am glad that Beetrain decided to give her a better introduction so they moved the helm removal to the end
4. Few more new and awesome soundtracks

What was cut/changed:
1. In the VN, Reiji and Ellen claimed that their parents are in Hong Kong and they actually did have someone there who would introduce himself as Azuma if someone called. However, Inferno found those agents and killed them after geting info from them

In next episode we will have (judging by preview and spoilers from website)
NayraelAug 20, 2009 5:12 AM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

631 by _RushBee_ »»
May 4, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.