Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 15, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
The only thing that makes this one interesting was Jeanne's racks, hahahaa
And what's with that monkey guy saying he wants to have her boobs, hahaha, it made me think he wants some too lol.

Looks like Jeanne likes nobunaga hehehe, quite interesting!

Woah Dat imouto ichihime, and Jeanne picking up the card Lovers means... What? nobu and ichi as lovers? Forbidden love is it?!

Nice ED, its like for bars and gigs..
Jan 15, 2014 1:23 AM
Oct 2008
Still pretty dull
Jan 15, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2012
Oho, I'm liking this anime. Even though there's mecha, it's somehow more of the down-to-earth version. Also, I'm thinking there would be a drawing out of Tarot cards once every episode for this series.

That Da Vinci though, he's surprisingly relying on superstition. Not to mention Julius Ceasar looks like an antagonist from Gundam.

Sent with Mal Updater

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jan 15, 2014 5:04 AM

Jun 2009
Reading the comments that detail the history of Nobunaga and suddenly the opening scene of the first episode made a lot more sense. Noticed the differences between previous Jeanne and the new one... as well as the first (older) Nobunaga being in fact Nobunaga (including the hair colour and voice).

I'm starting to like this series and curious about where it's going to go. Seems like we're still in the "introduction" part and I can't wait to see when the story will pick up. Curious to see how many historical details they're going to use.
Jan 15, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2011
alexpte said:
Yup, this is going to one of my favorites this season. Loving everything about it. Historical Japan. mechs, and dubstep music all in one.

This, fucking this! But instead of this is going to be, I'll say, this seems likely to be. Dat ED. <3

I just love everything about it, especially when I have a little knowledge of japanese history related to Oda Nobunaga. I wonder if the betrayals will stay true to the historical fact. Oh, and I never knew that Ichi had a crush on Nobunaga, now I know.

Dem women are drawn very well, very attractive, not that it matters, but just thought that I'd say it out. Once again, the OST never fail to impress me, and also the voice acting.

I just simply love this show!!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 15, 2014 11:58 AM
Oct 2010
Ckan said:
ona said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
Also, I'm not sure if anyone said this yet, but I have a feeling that everyone from the "West Star" will be European leaders/famous figures (i.e Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, etc.) and the East will be Asian peoples.

I would so love for this anime to include Asian figures outside of Japan, but it's probably not going to happen. Ever since Magellan appeared in the first episode I've thought, 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if Lapulapu made an appearance?' I doubt it though. :(

Don't forget that there was a 'General Gupta' at the round-table.

I sympathise with the gripes about Joan's character, but let's hope for the best.

Here comes some of the historical names that is in the credits at the end, that I think is relatated to that round table.
Arthur
Alexander
Julius Ceasar
Ceasar Borgia
Hannibal Barka (funny thing, is voiced by Oohara Sayaka)
Nicole(?) Machiavelli
Chandragupta
Jan 15, 2014 5:16 PM

Sep 2013
man i still find the order of everything so strange
nobunaga knew what giant mechas were but not a clock :L

lol at him nicknaming it the fool tho ahaha how fitting
also, more sister-brother love on the way? ugh pls no ><
Jan 15, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2010
More mecha and major arcana nonsense. Plot line is strange - You aren't going to be successful by simply listing notable people from the past.

Give or take 1 more episode before I decide to most likely drop the series.
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jan 15, 2014 9:47 PM

Mar 2013
I'm taking AP World History right now, and noticing all these historical figures reminds me of what I studied about them :)
I take mecha fights laughable and interesting to watch.
Double thumbs up to Jeanne's rack
Jan 16, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
affirming_flame said:
ona said:
I know it's the second episode and she has time to improve, but I can't stand how Joan of Arc, one of the most legendary figures in French history, has been reduced to nothing but a boob-jiggling damsel in distress who can't even hold a knife. She got to deck the monkey, which was cool, but she's basically pointless right now.
Yes, this annoyed me too. Jeanne d'Arc was supposedly a superlative military leader who reclaimed much of France's territory from England. Characterising her as a busty fan service girl doesn't sit right with me either. That's why I think less knowledge of the historical figures will lead to more enjoyment in this show.
Well, true but she also didn't start that way... I can't say much for the large breasts, but perhaps her reaction to Hideyoshi is intended as a reference to her being a virgin (probably not, but just a guess).

Anyway, I agree, the less you know the less bias you'll have. That's how I was with the show Spartacus for instance. But I don't think this show will be following history to the letter... simply by the fact that they have all these historical figures from completely different times together in one show.

In fact, I think the intro was probably there to just to make you think they'd be following history. I mean, maybe they'll try to creative tie it all together to make it follow history... but just the fact that Joan of Arc has a person (Nobunaga), whom she seems to listen to, telling her she shouldn't follow some "destiny" makes me think things will be different.

Yeah I agree. It does not seem like this show will follow history with much regard to accuracy, especially given that historical figures from different ages are all present at once. And of course it doesn't have to follow history, it's a work of fiction. However, for those familiar with history and these historical figures there may be that little voice in their heads saying "oh come on" or something to that effect, which will impede enjoyment of the show. I know I definitely had that when they portrayed Jeanne d'Arc as a busty fan-service girl. However, what you say about a reference to her virginity is interesting but a long bow to draw. I have seen many anime scenes where the typical pervert character acts in a sexual way to a cute/fan-service girl who rejects and reproaches the sexual conduct with words or action. In my mind it is a sort of stock-standard anime scene.
Jan 16, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
I really don't know if I'm gonna stick with this one. I mean, the music is nice, and the cast is made up of some all time faves (Chihara/Sugita/Nakai/Hikasa definitely rank in my top ten), and there's some decent visuals, but the plot and characters are just so damn bland, especially compared to certain other animes that feature Nobunaga, and that's where it completely falls apart. The only character so far that I've gotten any sort of entertainment from is da Vinci, and the only reason he's even remotely fun or interesting is Sugita, who could read a phone book and make it fun.

I'm giving it another week, because I do have faith in the people behind this thing, but it's looking like this'll be my first drop of the year.
Jan 16, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
The FOOL !! lol , I almost got bored until that ending "Koibe/Lover" anyway Another Jeanne D'Arc Character -_- .

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 17, 2014 11:45 AM
Feb 2012
I tried but I just can't get into this show. Dropped.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 17, 2014 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
The idea that a clock is a recent invention when space travel and giant humanoid mechas already exist is fucking stupid. I am gonna continue watching this show so at the end I can compare it to other shows and say "Well, at least it wasn't as bad as Nobunaga the Fool".
Jan 17, 2014 9:57 PM

Dec 2011
So predicable, so cliche...

Yet, I shall feel the trainwreck!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 8:39 AM
Jul 2013
What the hell...... it's so ridiculous yet..... It's so fucking good to watch.... don't pay attention to history. You guys will be better off that way. Seeing how they meshed up figures from different timelines, they might be intending to show the divergence in history when all the different people are in there.But of course, that's what I think. This could easily be a train wreak too...

Miyamo Mamoru does it again. His famous Engrish. Love how he says "the fool" Oh..my..god...
AzalonozulJan 18, 2014 8:59 AM
"There is no love greater than when he lays down his life for his friends."..... It seems I am not a good lover.
Jan 18, 2014 7:35 PM

Feb 2013
Nice ED song... though it doesn't really fit the series...

Nobu sure knows how to make an entrance.
Jan 19, 2014 3:33 AM

Nov 2009
'The Fool', huh? More tarot cards.

This is the second anime I've watched where Kaji Yuki and Hikasa Yoko are working together. And both animes showed Kaji Yuki's character as someone perverted and into women's chests.

And wow, Ichihime's so pretty.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2014 1:22 AM

Jul 2008
So Roranoa Zoro is King Arthur....excellent. They introduced Caesar AND Brutus, so we know how that's going to go as well as Mitsuhide.

Anyone whose ever played Samurai Warriors knows how this ends, and Jeanne is Ranmaru, LOL.
Jan 22, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
The Fool, nice name for a mecha xD

What does he mean by lovers. Could it be that Nobu's sis is a brocon ? :S
Jan 22, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2012
I can't put my finger on it, but something bothers me about this anime so much that I can't watch it.

So I will just drop it.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 25, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2010
DA FURU!

It was an ok episode, but the ED is awesome.

This is a 24 ep. anime? I never saw that coming :O
Jan 25, 2014 8:49 PM

May 2012
05:30 Silvertime rocks, as usual LOOOOOL

15:19 "Za Fooru!"

19:27 dat laughter

6.5/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 29, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
How did anyone drop this on episode 1 let alone episode 2 I have no idea but then again I dont like to drop anime so I guess I will never know

Okay but this episode was pretty good again not to much action this time but massive character development and story as well so just have to wait to see what happens next
Jan 30, 2014 11:53 PM

Apr 2012
ZAH FUDU!
I can't wait to see the black mecha from the OP.
Feb 2, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The anime with this second episode, I was convinced! : D
Drawings and animations good, the scenarios look good. The only thing that has yet to convince me 100% is the plot.
Let's see how it goes with for the next episode.
Feb 13, 2014 5:12 AM

Oct 2012
Ok, this episode really made up for the first episode. Nobunaga suprisingly had a very good personalty to me. really, I love it and its the first in a while. He's waaay smarter that he looks despite his attitude and being called a fool by everyone.
Leonardo kinda grew on me this episode also.
Yet again...I still do not like je'an. just from the first episode I already new that I would not like her...she still looks like she's just there as fan service...and sure enough, there was a bit fan service. And she's seems to be a tundera...oh god why. But if you like fan service and tundera's, then shoot, you may like her.
All the characters seem interesting to me(minus je'an and possible the monkey, I forgot his real name, but I wont judge him, since he hasn't done too much of anything yet )
The opening theme? not so good, the ending on the other hand? Loved it! I didn't expect that kind of music, but none the less, still awesome.
AshuraSanFeb 13, 2014 5:16 AM
Mar 5, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2010
Naming the robot "the fool" is just....-___-

Hmm wonder if the romance aspect is gonna be developed..it seems quite complicated already
Jul 22, 2014 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
DA FUUUURU... hahahaha. Nobu's personality suits my taste buds.
Ichi looks cute.. hmmm not bad. By the way she's Nobu's sister? I thought it would be his fiance or something.
Mitsu is smelling fishy. I'm looking forward to seeing Himeko.. she's funny.
Oct 3, 2014 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
-Anything but incest PLEASE!!!!!

-I can tell i'm gonna hate ichihime

-Hideyoshi is so annoying,especially considering i just finished watching sengoku basara and that Hideyoshi was EPIC

-It seems the episodes are gonna be named after Tarot Cards
Jul 31, 2015 5:56 AM

May 2012
Okay development I guess? The ED really sucks if you ask me, and that doesn't happen a lot that I actually dislike an ED song... This anime doesn't look too promising but heck let's see what's next.
Dec 28, 2015 12:44 AM

Feb 2013
Julius Ceasar and Brutus? Who else is here!? Is everyone here?!
Jan 12, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2013
The opening is really meh.

Mecha action was cool I guess.

No idea how she can pass as a dude.
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM
Dec 2016
Brilliant episode
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

142 by Scootboi »»
Aug 13, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.