Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 28, 2013 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
Love this anime
5/5
Jul 28, 2013 8:28 PM
Apr 2011
Ai is so annoying, I find myself asking " Is she really this slow? or is she intentionally acting dumb?"

The show is still looking pretty good, the graphics and scenery is in top form, without humpnie, I don't see this show going too far but this was a good episode.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jul 28, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2008
yogotah said:
Ai is so annoying, I find myself asking " Is she really this slow? or is she intentionally acting dumb?"

The show is still looking pretty good, the graphics and scenery is in top form, without humpnie, I don't see this show going too far but this was a good episode.

Ai is a 12 years old girl who lived in a secluded village all her life and seeing the outside world for the first time. I think of her as naive and optimistic rather than slow or dumb.
Jul 28, 2013 9:15 PM
Apr 2011
princessnight said:

Ai is a 12 years old girl who lived in a secluded village all her life and seeing the outside world for the first time. I think of her as naive and optimistic rather than slow or dumb.

Nah, I don't mind her asking questions and being curious. Her optimism isn't too bad either, and could be understandable ( though, I don't know how optimistic someone can be after seeing their whole village slaughtered, and losing a father). It's just really annoying the way she ignores what people tell her, and she doesn't think too logically. Trust me, 12 years old is old enough to be able to know the consequences of what you are doing.

I don't know maybe it was just me, but I really found her frustrating in this episode, and almost made wonder why I was watching this in the first place ( Humphie was the reason but he seems to be gone now)
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jul 28, 2013 10:10 PM

Aug 2010
This show is the surprise hit of the season for me.

The first episode was alright, second was better, third was fantastic, now this was awesome. I really like where it's headed, I feel like it's a very big story getting a complete adaptation.
Jul 28, 2013 11:54 PM

May 2010
I wanted them to be a bit more depressed... They are already in happy mood.

That sleepy guy has multiple personalities or somethin?

Fox and Rex are interesting.

The ending song strikes through my heart. Hambart :(

Loving it.
TragicRomanceJul 29, 2013 2:24 AM
Jul 29, 2013 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
KingCez said:
he sure went back easily after trying to escape

urla looks fuckin scary. do not want.

waiting to see this dark side.

She doesn't look scary to me.
Jul 29, 2013 12:59 AM

Jun 2013
edwd2 said:
wow I really like the animation.
Who's the red haired guy at the end.

Well , according to the wiki . He's prolly Alis Color .

Btw , great episode . I'm actually on an exam week but who cares , KamiNai > Exam.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jul 29, 2013 1:21 AM
Mar 2013
Loving it so far! ^^ To me, anime with outstanding art and music is a make-or-break it for me.
As for the episode, can't wait to see what happens.
So many questions and thoughts are running through my head. x_X
We'll just have to wait and see!
Jul 29, 2013 4:33 AM

Jan 2013
Most beautiful anime of 2013 thats for sure.The art is just bloody amazing.
Jul 29, 2013 5:46 AM
Apr 2013
God i love this art. The show is so beutiful to look at it is amazing.
Jul 29, 2013 6:48 AM

Apr 2013
Great backgrounds, fabulous animation. This arc sounds very interesting und Kiriko looks really nice to me. This hybrid person is very strange.. The city looks fantastic and I'm fascinated what a good and mysterious atmosphere this anime has, although Ai gets a bit annoying.
Jul 29, 2013 7:39 AM

Oct 2011
That episode was a slice, honestly. No drama, no action. Well, hope there will be more in the future. The art is awesome and the music is great, however the 3d-work is terrible, as it is always.

Waiting for Ulla and the dark side of Ortus.
Jul 29, 2013 7:57 AM

Jan 2010
Fantastic episode! Great atmosphere, I felt a little sorry for the Ai, this story can have a tragic turn, the context of the whole series is very curious and leaves me hoping each episode. I hope that the pace remains the same, is likely to be the best of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 29, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2011
WillKamio said:
Fantastic episode! Great atmosphere, I felt a little sorry for the Ai, this story can have a tragic turn,
it already did last episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 29, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
katsu044 said:
Welcome to Raptur--Ortus

much more interested in this arc then the last one.

haha is it the masks ?
Jul 29, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
Soul Society, is that you?
Jul 29, 2013 11:16 AM

Apr 2011
What is this, Mazinger Z?

Anyways, this episode was decent and showed a bit of potential. It at least kept me interested enough to watch a few more episodes. Which means I will most likely complete the show since it's only 13 episodes. So far it is rather disappointing for a new Madhouse anime though.
Jul 29, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2012
damn it is really great now.. I really like this series now XD

Ai is so cute XD
orkus right? so it is place for dead human? hmm... interesting :3
I wonder who is this princess.. I thought she has dead :p

btw scar look so awesome when she just wake up XD
Jul 29, 2013 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm I don't know if I like the new story setting, guess I'm still not over the shock/disappointment of Hambart dying in the previous episode.

I'm curious who the masked red haired guy is and what the hell's up with the tied up "princess" who'll apparently "save the world". Kirito seems to be a little... well, strange, makes me wonder if he has a crazy/yandere personality inside of him or anything like that.
Jul 29, 2013 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
Valaskjalf said:
katsu044 said:
Welcome to Raptur--Ortus

much more interested in this arc then the last one.

haha is it the masks ?

haha yes it is
Jul 29, 2013 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
Oh my, that animation, that animation

Beautiful episode, the story is getting more and more interesting
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jul 29, 2013 5:34 PM

Jun 2010
Oh crap. The ending got me again. What the hell is with that bondage princess. Wow @_@. Looks exciting. Creepy as fuck.

Good to hear Yoshino's ( Zetsuen no Tempest ) seiyuu again. Seems like he is voicing the red-haired guy.

I was disappointed at the beginning. I still don't buy this I joined your party for no reason thingy. It was the same from the start. Ai just followed Hambert without reason even though he massacred her village. Now Scare is joining up with Yuri and Ai for no reason. Why? I thought she is a full-fledged gravekeeper? God sent them to burry the dead right? She appeared out of nowhere as a gravekeeper which is kinda understandable because gravekeepers are mysterious beings. But why are they trying to make her a normal character? Even showing those fanservice and such. Seeing those dead gravekeepers in Ortus made me realize that the other gravekeepers just follows what God ordered them to. They hunt the dead to bury them - without thinking - without emotions. But why is Scar like that? Is she some kind of special gravekeeper? I don't understand.

By the way, is Kiriko dead? He ain't right?
Jul 29, 2013 6:16 PM

Apr 2011
I lost the interest in this series now, it bored the hell out of me, I'm dropping it.
If I hear in the future that this series evolved into something actually good then maybe I'll pick it again.
Jul 29, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
WTF was with that half man-half woman? lol I miss hambart
Jul 29, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
best episode so far imo. the art,animation, and atmosphere that this anime creates is incredible. i cant wait for next week.
Jul 29, 2013 8:42 PM

May 2010
Scar is the voice of reaspm while Ai os gpmma ne the trouble maker and get people killed, can see it already she gonna get on my last nerv
Jul 29, 2013 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
I still love the vibe of the anime as well as the animation/backgrounds!

So Kiriko is living, correct? If not then Scar would have sensed he was dead while in the car, and he would be wearing a mask.

So how come 99% of the people in the vaaaaaaast village-country hybrid wear a mask? I realize that most of them are dead, but are their faces decaying or something? Or is it just a way to differentiate between the living and dead?

Urla the princess.....seems interesting. Can't wait to see the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2013 9:26 PM
Oct 2012
SharifEbeefE said:
So how come 99% of the people in the vaaaaaaast village-country hybrid wear a mask? I realize that most of them are dead, but are their faces decaying or something? Or is it just a way to differentiate between the living and dead?

I took it for a sort of uniform, a means of showing identification. Those who are dead, and those living who support them, wear masks in public (as oppose to outside) to show consideration to those dead whose faces are not worth viewing. I could be wrong, but that seems to be what the writer was saying. Kiriko and the male/shemale were technically outside of town, and the apartment manager was inside a building, my guess is that if they were to go outside they would also wear masks.

I am curious what the princess represents. Unless I am wrong, she should be a person very similar to Ai, someone who shouldn't have been born but was, and whom the dead can "leach" off of in order to maintain their sanity.
Jul 29, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2013
The introduction of Ortus was beautifully done. I'd give this and Uchouten Kazoku my top 2 picks for best animation out of all the new shows this season. Ai can get annoying at times but nothing too bad imo. I'm liking where the main plot is headed!
Jul 29, 2013 11:27 PM

Mar 2012
After seeing how truncated the set-up ended up being in episode three, I had very little inclination to keep watching, but I gave it a go and I actually ended up liking this episode more than the first three. This series is better when it explores its setting and does some world-building than when it's trying to be profound about death, happiness, and human relationships. I really enjoyed seeing the colorful, lively, yet slightly unsettling city of Ortus. The transitions between different atmospheres in this episode were also quite nice. I like the new direction here.
Jul 30, 2013 2:44 AM

Oct 2012
so how does Pox/Rex pee, take a shower and reproduct?

I miss Kizuna. Kiriko is fine so far. damn that Princess.

3 new characters

put me in a nice mood, I'm guessing another emotional rollercoaster is gonna come
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jul 30, 2013 3:26 AM

Sep 2011
That mood change... Wtf. Also Ortus seems like one dangerous city. We'll probably get some fights soon :D.
Jul 30, 2013 3:42 AM

Nov 2012
could anyone be bothered to explain to me how ai's mum had the capacity for emotion but scar doesnt? i'm confused hehe^^
Jul 30, 2013 3:43 AM

Nov 2011
It feels like I'm watching a movie every week.
Jul 30, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2010
Hmm nothing much happened but at least Ai and Scar cuteness is enjoyable ^^
Jul 30, 2013 9:50 AM
Jan 2012
Big change in the mood this episode... liking this anime more and more each episode... One of the surprises of the season imho
Jul 30, 2013 10:07 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
kampante said:
could anyone be bothered to explain to me how ai's mum had the capacity for emotion but scar doesnt? i'm confused hehe^^
I assume that is part of the story plot and will be "explained" at the proper time.
Jul 30, 2013 10:14 AM
Oct 2012
Cratex said:
kampante said:
I assume that is part of the story plot and will be "explained" at the proper time.

Plus, we only have it from Hambart that gravediggers have no emotions, and he has been proven wrong before (in particularly that Ai couldn't be a gravedigger). I think both the task of burying people and the impulse to do so would make one emotionally hardened, however that isn't the same thing as saying they lack that capacity for emotion. And I think we have seen that Scar is certainly capable of emotion, no matter how much she represses it (or that coming into contact with Ai is starting to cause her to have emotions - another definite possibility).

The ambiguity on this is what makes this show fun to watch, in that this writer does answer these questions creates the expectation that we will discover the meaning for this (though perhaps not in this season).
Jul 30, 2013 11:08 AM

Oct 2011
Beautiful scenery. I still miss Kizuna

I wonder how she will save all those people? The princess will help her maybe?
Jul 30, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2011
Tekakurika said:
Hey, somebody who read manga will that Humpty Humbert or smt will be back? Cuz its difficult to believe that he really died. Well, because o'mon he was one of the best characters xD

i also don't think he's actually dead. he seems like too big of a character to just kill off early on.. but that's just my opinion.

anyways, this was a good episode. the new city gives off a very cool, but mysterious vibe with all the masquerading dead. very interested to see where this goes
Jul 30, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2011
Niyari said:
Tekakurika said:
Hey, somebody who read manga will that Humpty Humbert or smt will be back? Cuz its difficult to believe that he really died. Well, because o'mon he was one of the best characters xD

i also don't think he's actually dead. he seems like too big of a character to just kill off early on.. but that's just my opinion.
Hes really dead. Ai put him to rest which is the only way to die in this world

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 30, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, I'm really loving this show so far. :D The story, the artwork, ai, even the ost, I'm loving it all. XD
Can't wait for the next episode.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jul 30, 2013 3:14 PM
Nov 2012
I really love the art in the anime <3
I'm starting to think I like the blue haired dude better when he's drugged -_-
Jul 30, 2013 8:08 PM
Mar 2009
Yeah, artwork has some really beautiful spans in this episode,
and the new character (blue-haired guy Kiroku(sp?)) is interesting,
silly at times but very serious and level headed.

That van is so cool, reminds me of the typical "hippy vans" that you see in 60s movies,
makes me want one, or something. They look almost organic, warm, friendly,
although they seem to always need repairs. That part I could do without.

Anyhow, yeah, this was a drastic change, and I want to know what is going on with Scar,
surely she can't be pregnant (or did the Toy knock her up when we weren't looking?), but,
there is some special person whose aura is affecting her? Maybe even teh "goddess" Ortus herself?

Wow, all around, awesome potential, and more than anything, I love how they present many more little details about this post-death, post-birth world where nonetheless they are still births (Ai) and deaths even of immortals.... seems oddly fun.

Okay enough of a rant from me.
Jul 30, 2013 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
The whole inn scene and Ai running into town gave me flashbacks to Spice and Wolf. Idk if it was the time period, the music, the sick girl in bed, or the playfully disobedient innocence. Maybe it was the mask. Yeah, I'll go with the mask.

The CGI bothered me a bit, but the overall art is pretty decent. The setup went well; at least it has me hooked enough to want to know what's going to happen next while setting a buffer between it and the big hit from last episode.
Jul 30, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
Holy crap, THAT ART! Seriously, it looked amazing when they were showing the city of the dead.

Hope Scar doesn't get herself killed by trying to bury someone, or just getting caught.
Jul 31, 2013 1:33 AM

Feb 2011
That huge amount of CG is bothering me , makes me wonder if this is really animated by Madhouse.
Jul 31, 2013 3:19 AM

Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Cratex said:
kampante said:

Plus, we only have it from Hambart that gravediggers have no emotions, and he has been proven wrong before (in particularly that Ai couldn't be a gravedigger). I think both the task of burying people and the impulse to do so would make one emotionally hardened, however that isn't the same thing as saying they lack that capacity for emotion. And I think we have seen that Scar is certainly capable of emotion, no matter how much she represses it (or that coming into contact with Ai is starting to cause her to have emotions - another definite possibility).

The ambiguity on this is what makes this show fun to watch, in that this writer does answer these questions creates the expectation that we will discover the meaning for this (though perhaps not in this season).

wow i see, so they haven't actually elaborated on it yet, i thought i was missing something xD
so true, what you said about hambart being the only source of that claim + scar potentially suppressing her 'emotions'
damn, that really gets me >.< anyway thanks, you two for replying^^ !
Jul 31, 2013 4:42 AM

Aug 2011
Already missing Hamburger Helper. Sigh...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.