Forum Settings
Forums

One Piece to Premier on Adult Swim's Toonami Tonight

New
May 18, 2013 4:17 PM

Jun 2008
Toonami previously announced that FUNimation's One Piece would begin airing on their anime block on May 18. Adult Swim's Toonami schedule currently lists One Piece to air tonight at 1:00am (effectively May 19). The new television run is set to start on episode 207.

Sources: Toonami, ANN
myanimelistllcMar 25, 2016 7:49 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2013 4:19 PM

Apr 2013
I wonder if they'll gain a bunch of new viewers...
May 18, 2013 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
Noriko_ said:
I wonder if they'll gain a bunch of new viewers...

I'm sure all the new viewers will be lost if they decide to start at 207.
May 18, 2013 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
Cool, well OP is going to probably get another boost in popularity.

Can I just say your signature gif is highly distracting. I only read the first few words and began to watch the girl smother herself in the other girl's breasts over and over..

Great news.

time to open up an incognito window.
RagixMay 19, 2013 3:24 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 18, 2013 4:21 PM

Apr 2011
I'll be there after the knicks game.
"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
May 18, 2013 4:33 PM

Jul 2010
Hahaha starting with Foxy, I'm so sorry new viewers.

Close to W7 EL though, aka the best part by far.
May 18, 2013 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
1 a.m. I don't think so.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 18, 2013 4:43 PM

Jun 2009
Starting from 207 is a brilliant idea, sure.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2013 4:52 PM

Nov 2008
well i already have it a record mode in case i fall asleep
May 18, 2013 4:58 PM

Apr 2013
Mr_Gutts said:
well i already have it a record mode in case i fall asleep
I think I'm going to do the same.
May 18, 2013 5:01 PM

Oct 2011
YAY 207...so will they play from 207 onwards or go back to the begeining?
May 18, 2013 5:11 PM
Apr 2009
Not starting from the beginning.

Smh.
May 18, 2013 5:22 PM

May 2011
Well, there goes any hope of adding to the fanbase...
Well, maybe they'd add another segment for new viewers? I really hope that's the case.
May 18, 2013 5:24 PM
Jul 2012
It won't be a good idea at all. There's no way they can cover all of the episodes, and I haven't seen a whole lot of episode in this. So this will be a bust. Bad idea and stupid show.
LegendGoldDarkMay 18, 2013 5:28 PM
May 18, 2013 5:39 PM

Feb 2008
now...is this the crappy version that has luffy's voice sounding like you wanna take a well sharpened pencil and sticking it in your brain stem?
May 18, 2013 5:43 PM

Nov 2012
kisami said:
now...is this the crappy version that has luffy's voice sounding like you wanna take a well sharpened pencil and sticking it in your brain stem?
Both Eng and Japanese dub make me want to do the same.
May 18, 2013 5:47 PM
Dec 2007
kenshin_sama said:
Well, there goes any hope of adding to the fanbase...
Well, maybe they'd add another segment for new viewers? I really hope that's the case.

This'll add to the fanbase,don't worry.

The_Butcher said:
Not starting from the beginning.

Smh.

Starting from the beginning would make no sense for Toonami,it would take years to catch up.

Avato-chan said:

They'll be going onwards from 207.

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaMay 18, 2013 11:27 PM
May 18, 2013 5:56 PM

May 2012
Who cares. Dragon Ball didn't start from the beginning and look how big that show is here in America.
May 18, 2013 5:57 PM

Jun 2009
Alexx_ said:
kisami said:

I disagree. Luffy's Japanese voice is great. Maybe slightly annoying when you first start, but she's got a lot of ability whether it's comedy or serious stuff.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2013 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
This is the arc after they fall out of the sky right? I think that is also where I left off.
[center]
May 18, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
I'll have the tv on, but that's as far as I go. I just want to support toonami as a whole.
May 18, 2013 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Alexx_ said:
kisami said:

I disagree. Luffy's Japanese voice is great. Maybe slightly annoying when you first start, but she's got a lot of ability whether it's comedy or serious stuff.

Seriously if you don't have respect for Tanaka at the very least after hearing her do Luffy's more emotional scenes then you're just wrong.

She doesn't have to be your favorite VA for you to realize she's immensely talented.
May 18, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
The walk to Arlong Park. EPIC. Too bad the newcomers won't get to see it.
May 18, 2013 6:13 PM

Jun 2009
nub said:
The walk to Arlong Park. EPIC. Too bad the newcomers won't get to see it.

Yeah, such a shame. Well, maybe some people will watch it on TV, like what they see and decide to watch or read the series from the beginning. That's probably what I would do if I was in this sort of situation.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
It's not a bad idea to start with 207. Basically they'll do the foxy pirates arc, which was a funny arc and you'll get to know all the crew members, then straight into the cp9 arc which is imo the best arc of one piece. And they could just go back to the beginning later. When they finally catch up to the anime in japan instead of showing re-runs they can just show eps 1-206. Honestly though they won't get any new fanbase because anyone that is up at 1 am in the morning is most likely old enough to know of one piece.
May 18, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2011
Oh boy. My favorite show of all time.
May 18, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Alexx_ said:
kisami said:

I have seen a few episodes at my friends and they were recent, and I found the VA just as annoying as Gokus Japanese VA
May 18, 2013 6:42 PM

May 2008
Interesting News, It's great that Toonami is getting more Anime.
May 18, 2013 6:43 PM
Nov 2008
It will start on the Foxxy arc... lame, so many good stuff lost, like the Arabasta arc.
May 18, 2013 6:46 PM
Jun 2009
I like where they're starting. mainly because thats where I am right now. One thing they did say in their promo was to go online at funimation and catch up on the series, I just can't wait to watch it on my HD TV instead of my computer
May 18, 2013 6:57 PM

Apr 2007
Technically they already aired up to somewhere in Skypiea on TV, it's just that a majority of it was the 4kids dub...

Personally I'm very happy they're starting so late in the series since I've seen the stuff in the beginning so many times already (both dub & sub). Too bad it'll take a few weeks till we get to the really good stuff. Man, it's been so long since I watched Water7 & Enies Lobby.
May 18, 2013 6:57 PM

Jun 2009
Alexx_ said:
insan3soldiern said:
Alexx_ said:
kisami said:

I have seen a few episodes at my friends and they were recent, and I found the VA just as annoying as Gokus Japanese VA

Well, I don't really mind what I've heard of Goku's Japanese voice, either. So, there you go. I think Tanaka does a great job of capturing Luffy's free spirit personality. So much so that I really couldn't imagine Luffy with a different voice.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2010
Avato-chan said:
Probably just onwards.

iChazz said:
So they're going to start dubbing it more often now? SWEET!
You think so? I believe the dub is only at like 260 right now. 4kids really set them back.

Carhill22 said:
I like where they're starting. mainly because thats where I am right now. One thing they did say in their promo was to go online at funimation and catch up on the series, I just can't wait to watch it on my HD TV instead of my computer
That does sound like they are planning for it not to be as popular. I don't think the Davy Back fight arc is a good place to start.

dragonlight said:
It's not a bad idea to start with 207. Basically they'll do the foxy pirates arc, which was a funny arc and you'll get to know all the crew members, then straight into the cp9 arc which is imo the best arc of one piece. And they could just go back to the beginning later. When they finally catch up to the anime in japan instead of showing re-runs they can just show eps 1-206. Honestly though they won't get any new fanbase because anyone that is up at 1 am in the morning is most likely old enough to know of one piece.
I never realized that. I guess yeah they are planning on gaining viewers through Enies Lobby. I hope they then after seeing how it goes, starts over. I don't know how fast they are dubbing but the dub isn't even done with Enies Lobby yet.
May 18, 2013 7:04 PM
Feb 2013
TheGreat1s said:
Who cares. Dragon Ball didn't start from the beginning and look how big that show is here in America.

Dragon Ball didn't begin airing at 1am time slot either. -_-
May 18, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 18, 2013 7:11 PM

Oct 2012
I am glad to see that One Piece is finally getting its time to shine, but they are satring at on of the worst arcs :(.
May 18, 2013 7:54 PM

Oct 2011
Ragix said:

Can I just say your signature gif is highly distracting. I only read the first few words and began to watch the the girl smother herself in the other girl's breasts over and over..

Agreed
May 18, 2013 8:01 PM
Dec 2007
dragonlight said:

Toonami won't go back to the beginning.
May 18, 2013 8:18 PM
May 2013
Meh I don't care for the show but it's something, hopefully Toonnami will get more viewers it's always a nice thing to see anime being shown on tv
May 18, 2013 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
Redfoxoffire said:
Toonami previously announced that FUNimation's One Piece would begin airing on their anime block on May 18. Adult Swim's Toonami schedule currently lists One Piece to air tonight at 1:00am (effectively May 19). The new television run is set to start on episode 207.

Sources: Toonami, ANN
About your gif, I need to rewatch the show understand some parts.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 18, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
Awesome, awesome. I'll be tuning in for sure.
May 18, 2013 9:05 PM

Feb 2012
For animes that tend to be a bit more realistic I don't really mind the anime being dubbed and sometimes prefer the dub with an animes like Death Note or Nana , but One Piece is NOT an anime you should be watching dubbed at all.

I'll probably watch the first episode to play my small role in the tv ratings. Having One Piece on Toonami certainly isn't a bad thing for the series and I hope it stays for awhile.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
May 18, 2013 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
I checked the listing on my television and apparently One Piece is rated as a children's show years 7+. Well this is off to a bad start.
"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
May 18, 2013 10:36 PM

Dec 2009
sigh so much fail

op & ed not played all the way...
voice actors don't fit the characters at all (usopp and robin were fine imo)
being rated as a children's show...

one piece didn't need an English dub, the dvds would come out faster if they weren't wasting time dubbing it = ="
GinjiMay 18, 2013 11:13 PM
May 18, 2013 11:26 PM

Feb 2012
Ginji said:
sigh so much fail

agreed
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
May 18, 2013 11:55 PM

Aug 2007
Ginji said:
sigh so much fail

one piece didn't need an English dub, the dvds would come out faster if they weren't wasting time dubbing it = ="

figures it would've been a let down.
May 18, 2013 11:56 PM
Jul 2012
Ginji said:
sigh so much fail

That's how toonami is for all shows cutting the op and ed themes.
May 19, 2013 12:30 AM
Apr 2009
One Piece <i>is</i> a children's show, suitable for kids 7+, and you're hilarious if you genuinely believe otherwise. You're similarly ridiculous if you honestly think Cartoon Network would ever air subtitled anime.
May 19, 2013 1:14 AM

Jan 2012
Too late
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
May 19, 2013 1:29 AM

May 2007
Alexx_ said:
insan3soldiern said:
Alexx_ said:
kisami said:

Fool...Luffy's voice is just plain and simple...EPIC!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.