Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those tears ;.;

But ya, Kiri needs to wake the hell up now. The fight was okay I guess with the OST. Oh good fight Romeo, glad he got injured in this fight as I felt he kinda deserved it:

So much feels this episode. The dance in the night was kawaii though imo.

May 8, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Man this episode. I felt like I was watching some erotic shit with all this licking ahahahah. Also Iwai face @ 9:58 = Kawaii LOL.

Also love the ED at the end.
TyrelMay 8, 2013 5:18 PM
May 8, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2007
She almost woke him, but that whip... It's nice that "ugly" hair woke him again. Wow, that looks hurt.

Wow, rule book owner set them so that he can kill main guy?

Special ED while dancing with the stars. (ep.1's ED)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 8, 2013 4:18 PM

Apr 2008
NTR through hair cutting.
Queen Ruka adapt her method fast XD
May 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
Again with the licking and drooling! Who creates that much saliva...

Good episode... I didn't think Kiri would really snip Romeo's mouth. That scene was pretty grim.

Sweet ending, dancing under the stars.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
May 8, 2013 5:58 PM
Sep 2012
LOL, I was expecting Kiri to try andcontinue stripping Iwai when he had her down. The fight was okay. I was sort of expecting more from it. That ED was fantastic; I'm glad that they played the whole song. It really fitted that scene in the end with Kiri and Iwai stargazing.
May 8, 2013 6:04 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
And what's this?! He invites her to dance under the stars!

I'm impressed.

I must admit, when he stuck his scissors in that guy's mouth and hesitated, I yelled "do it!"
May 8, 2013 6:34 PM

Sep 2012
A superb episode. The fight didn´t last as long as I thought, but the appearence of the rulebook guy more than made up for it. 5/5
May 8, 2013 6:36 PM
Oct 2009
I thought this episode had way too much silly stuff going on. I mean, really? She wants to kill Iwai-chan but, even though it would probably be extremely easy after she successfully pushes her in a lake, kidnaps her and she can control every single man out there... but she actually lets her escape easily to just threaten her outside, and decides that "breaking her spirit" is an important part to her plan...

I get she's a sadist, but... really? Before killing Iwai-chan, it's more important to ask the person who is closest to the little girl and therefore the most likely to break free of her control, to cut. her. hair. yeah... sounds like a good idea.

And I thought her backstory was also very silly. I mean, sure, it's not fun to be somewhat rejected by her peers, but that didn't scream "thouching" to me lol. She just ended up sounding whiny cause she didn't get to play the princess lol...

And I was disappointed that the president was the M. I knew he woulnd't be a strong S villain like I wished he would, but to think he would just be an average M side-kick instead!

Not even sure why everyone's hating on him, he's just following the mastermind b!tch.
SuzieMay 8, 2013 7:06 PM
May 8, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2013
wow did kiri just cut that guys cheek in half? like the dancing scene at the end.
May 8, 2013 7:36 PM

Feb 2009
How disappointing? She's so pathetic it would have been a better end if she got hanged. Once again, this anime would be perfect if it was darker.
May 8, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2012
FFS why do they switch to that dark/black n' white theme whenever fight between authors is going down? Just show the damn red blood, don't fucking turn in black.

Nakajima ftw.
May 8, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
Cratex said:
And what's this?! He invites her to dance under the stars!

I'm impressed.

I must admit, when he stuck his scissors in that guy's mouth and hesitated, I yelled "do it!"
That guy is defiantly has had better days, getting your cheek cut like that has to hurt like a bitch.
May 8, 2013 9:00 PM

Jan 2013
The past two episodes were lackluster to me.
This episode was much better.
May 8, 2013 9:28 PM

Jul 2009
this show is pretty good. definitely enjoying the badass kiri.
not a fan of that judge guy. he needs to get that rope cut and then his head cut off
May 8, 2013 9:33 PM
Apr 2013
You know the thing I like the most about Crime Edge is that it doesn't treat you like an idiot. The twist with the Author/Instead of the episode was something that caught me by surprise, but honestly the opening and the way the actual Author was acting last episode should have clued me in. Seigi was another good twist although I saw that one coming.

Anyone agree with that?

EDIT: Oh and the chemistry between Kiri and Iwai is still golden.
MCALMay 8, 2013 9:37 PM
May 8, 2013 9:46 PM

Apr 2008
The backstory of Madame Shihoudou (Pet Whip's Original) is also interesting, although it's only a fleeting information from Kiri's narration.

From Professor's story, they don't die from being beaten, instead they die of sickness and malnutrition. And now, we know that they're not being chained, at least not physically. Yet nobody tried to escape.
She had a basement full of victims with Stockholm syndrome. :P
nseikaMay 8, 2013 9:49 PM
May 8, 2013 9:48 PM

May 2010
That was pretty good...Nice dialogues at end.
May 8, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
That would have been the end of Kiri if the Judgement guy wasn't interrupted.

Kiri cutting that Romeo guy cheek was pretty crazy.

May 8, 2013 11:16 PM

Aug 2010
KIRI WAS BA!!

Loved when he cut Romeo's cheek without any mercy O_O. That was brutal!!
May 9, 2013 12:05 AM

Jun 2012
This show really feels like Another Mirai Nikki...
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
May 9, 2013 12:30 AM

Jan 2013
Kyube said:
it does :/
Kiri-kun's comeback was epic :D
At the end i felt sorry for the vice-president :(
The dance was nice :)
Those stars *-*
May 9, 2013 2:09 AM

May 2009
I suspected that Seigi wasn't after the bad guys, but after the one with the most blood thirst, which would be Kiri. He just didn't look like a good guy to me. And no doubt in my mind that the policewoman is his Instead, who is the only who can break his concentration and endure being hanged for long enough for the spell to wear of. However, neither side seem to be aware of each other's roles and keep chasing each other like cat and mouse.

To be honest, I hoped Iwai would've kissed Kiri before he'd really turn on her, but I guess seeing her tear-stricken kinda worked, too. Good that Kiri and Iwai cleared up their little misunderstanding, though all of this might not have happened if he had stuck around for a little bit longer, and didn't assume the worst. I laughed when they started fighting after he broke free of the trance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode!

May 9, 2013 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
is the rulebook author kinda weak to high-volume sounds? (like some kind of superhero xD)

ED song and dance is really cute,,
kawaii iwai spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning xD
. . .
P.S. this snipping ep is cool xD
May 9, 2013 6:18 AM

Feb 2013
What's with licking in this show T-T

That moment when I burst out in dance whenever the OP song comes on. That song is the besttt

But yeah I love how Kiri-kun started screaming at her as the first thing he did when he broke out of the spell :3
May 9, 2013 6:28 AM

May 2009
iTsukiko said:
is the rulebook author kinda weak to high-volume sounds? (like some kind of superhero xD)

I'm quite certain it's related to who does the shouting.

If you hadn't noticed, the policewoman follows him around all the time, and the previous episode suggested that there's more between these two than they're both aware of.

Case in point, he likes hanging 'criminals' with his Rulebook, she likes the feeling of slowly suffocating (by being hanged). Looks like a match made in heaven to me. However, they're on opposite sides of each other, so rather than his Instead, she acts as his foil. It wouldn't surprise me if part of this show will deal with getting those two together.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2013 6:50 AM

Jan 2012
AO968 said:
iTsukiko said:

I'm quite certain it's related to who does the shouting.

If you hadn't noticed, the policewoman follows him around all the time, and the previous episode suggested that there's more between these two than they're both aware of.

Case in point, he likes hanging 'criminals' with his Rulebook, she likes the feeling of slowly suffocating (by being hanged). Looks like a match made in heaven to me. However, they're on opposite sides of each other, so rather than his Instead, she acts as his foil. It wouldn't surprise me if part of this show will deal with getting those two together.

well i`m hoping to see an episode of them xD
. . . . . . . . . . .

dunno why but i ended up rewatching the snipping fight scene xD
May 9, 2013 8:31 AM

May 2011
That dance scene at the end was incredibly refreshing. ^^
May 9, 2013 8:37 AM

Feb 2012
Kyube said:

the only thing they have in common is that there is a battle royal and the two main characters are a boy and a girl trying to live....
May 9, 2013 8:49 AM

Oct 2011
I was right that the whip was controlling them. Hmm Kiri severed that guy's cheek 0__0. What a painful past for her. Kiri and Iwai dancing under the stars XD. Beautifully T__T

I sill love this series's OST!!!!
May 9, 2013 9:00 AM

Feb 2013
Iwai is such a lovely loli
May 9, 2013 9:15 AM
Dec 2012
Wow, so many Author gather together at a place.
The Rulebook guy suddenly come out to kill Crime Edge, luckily that police stopped him

Love the dancing part at the end, and I hope the President can get his mouth fix back ~.~
May 9, 2013 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
Isn't the "Waltz under the stars" at the end lovely?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 9, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Stake a tad dull, the part of the fight I was not passionate! Drawings good, I hope increases the pathos and even better story!
May 9, 2013 12:59 PM

May 2010
Dude got eff up and "rulebook" dude is a pussy always fighting from dem shadows at the last min, every episode this show gets more creepy somehow.
May 9, 2013 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
Saw some nice action scenes in this episode!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqnoRk_S83g - my top 5 romantic animes video :D
May 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
wow that was fat so enemies just last one episode first the hammer guy and now this two, the end is really cute I hope at the end of this series Iwai and kiri will kiss or something..
May 9, 2013 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
So it was Hair fetish vs S&M
May 9, 2013 8:08 PM

Aug 2012
Kyube said:
That is insulting to Mirai Nikki.

I don't find the fight scenes impressive at all. The super fast exchange that ended up cutting her leg was okay, but they try too hard to make him super fast. And then the quick, blurry cross screen slashes are just stupid. I was pretty happy when he cut his cheek open even though they censored the hell out of it, but then Romeo's calmly TALKING? With his cheek cut in half?? No sir..bullshit..

The show kills the dark elements it entices the viewer with by deciding not to take the darkest directions when it matters(killing the other authors that intend to kill Iwai) I mean I get that these ones were high school kids and they're at this retreat, but I'm pretty sure subtlety went out the window with the zombified kids, especially the ones cut by crime edge. And come on, the girl tries to get Iwai raped before killing he ryet she and Romeo get redeemed so easily, it's just..silly
May 9, 2013 8:36 PM

Dec 2011
The animation is better than usual this episode.
May 9, 2013 9:16 PM

Apr 2008
AO968 said:
I suspected that Seigi wasn't after the bad guys, but after the one with the most blood thirst, which would be Kiri. He just didn't look like a good guy to me. And no doubt in my mind that the policewoman is his Instead, who is the only who can break his concentration and endure being hanged for long enough for the spell to wear of. However, neither side seem to be aware of each other's roles and keep chasing each other like cat and mouse.
He's after the bad guys alright, but in his own judgment :D
If he doesn't consider someone to be evil enough to be punished with death (such as Kozakura's wild driving), the rope will break before killing the convict. But Kozakura's the only one who would faint (in ecstasy) in the process. Other less guilty victims will still be conscious, although they wont be in good condition either.
May 10, 2013 3:51 AM

Jun 2008
The Red hair chick is hot as hell and i am kind of glad she didn't die and maybe i can be seen again but i hope not all criminals end up being little children inside.

AlexTheRiot said:
Kyube said:
That is insulting to Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge.

Fixed that for you.
May 10, 2013 5:35 AM

Jan 2013
So many problems, -_-.
1. The judgement book's interpretation of "justice" is ridiculous
2. If you're going to spare her life at least take the whip away dumbasses
3. That complete cheek cut didn't bleed much or impair him
4. How did he disable all those zombies without injury as serious if not more so than the side-kick
5. The fight scene was lacking particularly bad in this episode

Really disappointing episode in general, hopefully it gets better. It had quite a bit of potential at the start too : (.
BrotwoMay 10, 2013 5:43 AM
May 10, 2013 7:14 AM
Oct 2009
AlexTheRiot said:
That is insulting to Mirai Nikki.

The show kills the dark elements it entices the viewer with by deciding not to take the darkest directions when it matters(killing the other authors that intend to kill Iwai) I mean I get that these ones were high school kids and they're at this retreat, but I'm pretty sure subtlety went out the window with the zombified kids, especially the ones cut by crime edge. And come on, the girl tries to get Iwai raped before killing he ryet she and Romeo get redeemed so easily, it's just..silly

My thoughts exactly. I wasn't a huge huge fan of Mirai Nikki for various reasons but the way they handled the drama and action with the setting was very good. Dansai Bunri, on the other hand, has no guts. A fight of young people who hold weapons of serial killers sounds like a really cool, dark story, but then... They don't kill anyone. Are the Authors even trying to kill Iwai? As of now not even half of the Authors seem to want to kill her to get their wish granted. And even when they do want to kill the little girl, they get pwned, have a quick lame backstory shoved in our faces and get forgiven right away.
May 10, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2012
I found this episode to be pretty lame really. The vice president's background didn't invoke any sympathy but just served to make her look even more pathetic. Plus, the twist with Romio was kind of stupid what was the point in them continuing the act last episode when no one was around other than misdirection that really doesn't make any sense in context of the characters? I don't think there really was any.

The fight was pretty lame as well and I think it would have been better if Kiri would have just snapped out of it after Iwai got him to listen the first time. Instead there wasn't much tension the second time because we already knew he could break out of it.

So lame fight, lame villain make for a lame episode. I'd rather see more of justice guy. Although so far he's not all that interesting, a pretty flat stereotype.
May 10, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
What was with that fucking color filter. God so annoying.
May 10, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2011
Justice dude is such a traitor, he's a lot more evil than I thought.
The way Kiri cut Romio in the cheek just looked extremely painful, I haven't seen something that painful for quite a while.
And this was the "weirdest" episode so far imo, but the "weirdness" does make this quite interesting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 10, 2013 3:37 PM

Jun 2012
OK first of all it was better than the last episode in my opinion. More licking licking, i don't know why they thought that was necessary. At least Kiri came to his senses and cut people up. Damn the cheek was awesome and he also got a nasty slash on the Vice president. I also take back what i said the judge guy is not as good a character as i thought.

3/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

May 10, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2013
all I have to say about this ep is

HOOORAY FOR FEELING SORRY FOR OURSELVES!

Ah well not bad.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» It took me over a year to finish...

Kiryotsu - Nov 3, 2023

2 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2013

63 by DerKaisern »»
Jul 31, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

94 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.