Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 5, 2013 5:33 PM
Oct 2008
I cannot deal with this heroine anymore. Her way of thinking is just beyond my understanding.. like is she okay??? he put her in a CAGE and she's trying to make up excuses for him?
Mar 5, 2013 5:39 PM

Jun 2008
It bother me a bit that some of you complaining that the heroine didn't noticed that she has been sleeping for days. I believe I wouldn't have notices too if I woke up just a minute and then being drug again, then woke up again with the same clothes (would believe is still the same day) and feeling very drowsy and drugged again without realizing anything because that last time was probably a dream. He could probably lure for for a week or two with that but if she didn't noticed after those weeks then I say she's dumb too ~.~

I also have no problem with her being calm in the cage. Being panic and screaming don't sound like a good plan to me but she did suck a little at asking him to let her out. She should ask for it herself before Orion mention it to her ~.~
MimikoMar 7, 2013 11:00 AM
Mar 5, 2013 6:00 PM
Feb 2012
uhhhh... i was lenient before but quite honestly after toma's display of "affection" I came to realize how painfully bland the characters are...
Mar 5, 2013 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
lol reverse yandere? i love this suspense!
Mar 5, 2013 6:51 PM

Aug 2011
VanishingKira said:
So that's the yandere cage.Can't believe that Toma actually locked her up in the cage. Not to mention he drugged her alot.This episode was better than previous episodes,it was actually somewhat suspenseful.

Toma's completely different from how he was portrayed last episode.Also I wonder what was written in the diary?

Also, honestly, I do wish the Heroine had some backbone and said something to Toma, but again, Toma's character is that he's obsessed with the Heroine. He's been holding himself back years on end, and he really can't understand her feelings towards him. It frustrates him like fuck, and he obviously loves her the most (in that particular world). He also looks out for her all the time, and is protecting her 24/7. Of course it would annoy him when the Heroine doesn't heed his warning and goes outside. He's trying to protect her so he prevents her from going outside. Everytime she goes out, anyways, she gets into trouble.

Like Toma said, why couldn't she at least contact him before leaving? Then he would at least know where she was, and if she was in any trouble, he would obviously come to her rescue.

While I don't approve of his cage thing, this is pretty much all of his frustration and annoyance, anger, and not to mention his love for the Heroine from what. 11 years? I'm not even sure. He even attempted to hold himself back from taking drastic measures from, but, well he snaps obviously.

The reason that Heroine didn't say anything about being drugged is because she'd trusted him the entire time. Toma is probably the most considerate out of the group, and is always thinking of her. Although afterwards, her reaction was unrealistic. Typically you would panic and stuff, or at least get angry at him but the Heroine is boneless so she didn't do that.

While the Heroine was in the cage, he didn't do a single thing to her. When people are typically at that point, they get violent and angry easily, but he STILL controls his feelings for her. He even puts her BACK in the cage when thinks that he can't hold himself back anymore, because he doesn't want to cause her unnecessary harm. So even though Toma trapped the Heroine in a cage, he was still endlessly kind to her while she was in it. Trapping someone in a cage is obviously a very horrid and unkind act, but while she's in it, he's nothing but considerate towards her. He even sleeps on the ground because he can't sleep on the bed while she's on the ground. This is the only reason the Heroine isn't panicking afterwards (although like I said, her lack of emotion when she realizes she's in the cage... =.=).

I just wrote an essay.

tl;dr.
LaciieMar 5, 2013 7:05 PM
Mar 5, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
The best thing about this episode was that she finally learned to (mostly) dodge oncoming traffic.

I think the cage and drugs in the coffee should rank high on the list of "Ten Reasons You Don't Want to Date This Guy!", but then I'm kind of old-fashioned...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 5, 2013 7:04 PM

Nov 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:

Mar 5, 2013 7:09 PM

Aug 2011
VanishingKira said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Mar 5, 2013 7:11 PM

Feb 2012
Imo this guy Toma is crazier then the green haired dude.

And why is he getting more then 2 episodes, modafuqa.
Mar 5, 2013 7:19 PM

Aug 2011
Uhhhh.... what? WhaaattTT??!!?!?1jkdjfka2934

Toma, wanting to protect someone does not mean you have the right to lock them in a god damn cage. How did Heroine escape? Did Toma forget to lock the cage? Oh my God this episode was beyond stupid.
Mar 5, 2013 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
Whoa, WTF. That's messed up.

There are so many things I'm confused about, though. How did she get out anyway? And why did she just passively sit there whenever he opened up the cage? Furthermore, why the heck did she just casually chat with him as soon as he fully let her out? Umm... submissive. Then, as soon as he locks her back up, she suddenly decides that it's time to break out. Yes, because figuring out who she actually liked is enough to finally elicit a response from her to get the hell out of there.

I guess it's less about confusion and more about my frustration while watching. Every time I saw him open that cage door, I was just begging for her to book it out of there. Or when he was sleeping on the floor next to her, I was quietly hoping that she would just reach in between the bars and sock that fool in the face. Well, I wouldn't have needed to see something quite to that degree, but I really wish she could have resisted or protested a little more. I mean, holy crap, if I was locked up in a cage like that, I would have run for my life as soon as the cage door got opened.

Well, his freakiness is at least interesting to watch. And he forcibly drugged her with the kiss... well then. I think this just might have been the most interesting episode just because of the freakiness (despite the heroine's frustrating submissiveness) and because of the amount of response it elicited from me.
Mar 5, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2008
ihateeveryone said:

IM SO DONE WITH REVERSE HAREMS AND SHOUJO

Oh please don't say this. D:

There are so many WONDERFUL shoujo anime series out there that aren't ANYTHING like this. I've seen a lot of them....and Amnesia is the most effed-up one I've seen.

Mar 5, 2013 8:28 PM

May 2012
Toma is a total yandere lol.
Mar 5, 2013 8:51 PM

Jun 2010
OMFG. I can't believe this episode, it was intense! But i also didn't like how they were someway excusing Toma's behavior under the premise "he's so in love with you, so worried about you, he just wants to protect you so bad, he does all this for you", it's just bad. Like what the hell those words are transmitting to girls out there? Like if my boyfriend loves me so much it would be understandable for him to imprison me?

5/5 becuse it was intense i can't wait to know more, i can't believe i'm saying this about Amnesia.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 5, 2013 9:00 PM

Oct 2011
i can't stop thinking about Shuujin(Bakuman) whenever Toma speaks. ack. Hino Satoshi's voice is just.. <3

Toma is really scary but he is sweeet. I must be going nuts for adoring him XD

uh....how did kimi-chan get out of the cage?
Mar 5, 2013 9:02 PM

May 2012
oh god toma noo
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Mar 5, 2013 9:21 PM

May 2012
lol, well that was an unexpected twist in events... and how did she go to the bathroom while in the cage... that was bothering me like half the episode... still wouldnt say this anime is even close to being good, but it is starting to look up... i have hope, im trying really hard to like this anime... but its hard -_-
Mar 5, 2013 9:46 PM

Jul 2011
F*CK that! I don't care if he was trying to protect her, he is messed up in the head. Drugging her and locking her in a cage is not ok. Creepy yes. And well Pretty much any reason besides protecting her doesn't matter. It won't matter later.
Anyways finally she got out. I'm guessing toma got careless and forgot to lock the cage.

Anyways well I wonder what is really going on with her and Ikki. He was asking for a report earlier, so what was that about??

Anyways...well I thought I would like Toma, But he is the least likeable right now. by far.
Mar 5, 2013 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
Toma went overboard.

So... did she have to hold all of it in or something?
Mar 5, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Bias said:
So... did she have to hold all of it in or something?

IIRC, Toma permitted bathroom time as long as she's handcuffed to him.

And yeah agreeing to everything about romanticizing of cage time. I vaguely remember there was at some point, romantic music playing in the background while they stare longingly at each other behind bars and I just sat there laughing for 5 whole minutes wondering if this was all some kind of a sick joke.
Mar 5, 2013 10:28 PM

Dec 2011
i dont know what to think of toma anymore after this episode... putting her in a cage!?!? i mean i get that youre protecting her from the outside world that might injure her or even maybe kill her but.. i think thats going to far...

and i really hope she makes it home and reads that diary..!

but of course... something is going to happen before she even reaches her house..

and then the world might change again. ugh.
Mar 5, 2013 11:00 PM

Dec 2012
ahh, so that's the cage everyone's talking about! pretty cool :D
toma's definitely one of the interesting characters. i like him because he's so messed up.
and actually i wouldn't have a problem with the heroine's reaction ("he imprisoned me because he loves me!"), but the heroine is so... stupid and shallow that her reaction just seems stupid as well. i could totally understand when someone would think "maybe he isn't such a bad guy. he's just totally in love with me and tries to protect me.", but i just can't take the heroine seriously anymore, unfortunately. everything she does seems like one stupid thing after another.
Mar 5, 2013 11:10 PM

Aug 2012
wahhhh!
this is thebest episode by far oh my god i can't wait for the next episode
Mar 6, 2013 1:26 AM

Feb 2013
uzee said:
3/4 of the anime has passed and I still don't have any idea what's going on, but I'm still gonna watch

Same here, and this episode seems the weirdest right after the multiple personality that green haired dude (the Joker I assume?).

Confused, but still watching..
Mar 6, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 2011
This series just got about ten times more interesting, still confusing as hell though.
Mar 6, 2013 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
I read up on the Otome game (that the anime was based on) before watching the anime, so I can kind of see where the storyline is going (in comparison to the people who're more than a little confuzzled over the current series of events.)

Still, I wasn't expecting Toma to do... THAT... (I mean, I knew things would really get going once his route came up, but STILL...) Never realized that his childhood past influenced him so much O_o

Orion and the heroine's reaction was more than a little annoying too. The guy has put you in a cage. With fluffy animals. I wouldn't go all stockholm-syndrome on him and justify his actions (not at that moment, anyway...)

Still, can't wait for the next episode - things are about to go through the roof :3
Mar 6, 2013 3:55 AM
Aug 2012
LOL! Toma - makings of a serial killer.

I also like how Orion goes - don't drink or eat anything he gives you; he's drugging you. Toma hands her a cup. She goes to drink it. Orion: What are you an idiot!?! (okay Orion didn't say that last bit exactly, but I bet he was thinking it!)
Mar 6, 2013 4:08 AM

May 2009
ForgoneReality said:
Not even a yandere character was enough to redeem this show.

It might have been okay if she had somehow reacted to his craziness, even just a little.
It can't be passed off as Stockholm either, otherwise she wouldn't be running away at the end.

But seriously? The thing she's most concerned about was who she likes, or who she was dating before all this went down? There are more pressing matters at hand.

i thought the exactly same think this entire anime... (just watching it for the nice story idea) i rly hate that girl even though she is a beautiy.
but thinking of it now.. the anime wouldnt work if she was more concerned because there would be only 4-5 episodes then. rofl
Mar 6, 2013 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
she wasn't in the bathroom for... XXXXXX days...
he was drugging her for few days and she was eating.. NOTHING - and she's still alive!
wow! she's better than Naruto, Goku and god knows who else together!

one more thing - where you can get a cage like that? supermarket? local store? something like : "oh hello! I need 1 human-sized cage" "oh yes, we have it right here~ it's only 10.99 because we have special price today~" WTF!? or maybe he stole it from the Zoo ? =.=''' how did he even put this BIG cage to this room? Maybe it has Ikea-desing and you just buy parts for it and then glue it together? YES.. it's definitely "make your own cage" kit!
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Mar 6, 2013 4:43 AM

Oct 2012
Nikorin said:
she wasn't in the bathroom for... XXXXXX days...
he was drugging her for few days and she was eating.. NOTHING - and she's still alive!
wow! she's better than Naruto, Goku and god knows who else together!

one more thing - where you can get a cage like that? supermarket? local store? something like : "oh hello! I need 1 human-sized cage" "oh yes, we have it right here~ it's only 10.99 because we have special price today~" WTF!? or maybe he stole it from the Zoo ? =.=''' how did he even put this BIG cage to this room? Maybe it has Ikea-desing and you just buy parts for it and then glue it together? YES.. it's definitely "make your own cage" kit!

Man, you took the words out of my mouth.
This lack of life that the heroine has crossed the line in this episode, what the hell is the problem with that girl? I thought she had brain lag and some sort of mental problem, but now I'm sure of that, and when she escaped from the cage instead of call the police she wants to read a diary?really?
Mar 6, 2013 5:01 AM

Oct 2012
itsvero said:
How did Heroine escape? Did Toma forget to lock the cage? Oh my God this episode was beyond stupid.

I was confused about this, but yes, he forgot to lock the cage.

I thought this ep was a bit ridiculous. That scene of the plush toys was very unnecessary, but I saw it's part of the Visual Novel.

4/5

Come on, Ukyo!
Mar 6, 2013 6:08 AM

Oct 2010
snufflesxx said:
i can't stop thinking about Shuujin(Bakuman) whenever Toma speaks.

This.
This was such a bad episode oh god Brain's Base what are you doing to me. I'm just going to assume that Toma left the cage unlocked. Dumbass. Why couldn't Shin just take her away ... Also can we have a sarcastic yay for Orion being back again ...
Mar 6, 2013 6:09 AM

May 2010
Weird..but toma is really better than others for me.
Mar 6, 2013 7:38 AM

Sep 2007
My gawd....this ep was way overhyped. I don't know why everyone was going "YAY! I WANNA SEE THE CAGE" and all that cr*p

All you Toma fans must be masochists.... Cuz if I was her I'd be kicking and fighting that jerk like mad. And that part where Shin came in...my gawd I would've jumped onto him and not let go. ANYTHING to get away from psycho Toma.
IkanoMar 6, 2013 7:41 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 6, 2013 8:42 AM
Mar 2010
ihateeveryone said:

Reverse harem anime is one thing. Shoujo anime is another. Haven't you watched Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Ii na Yo or Kamisama Hajimemashita? Granted, Sukitte can be a bit cringe-worthy sometimes but the other two are amazing.

There are more awesome shoujo manga out there. It's because only reverse harems are successful that they are animated. If shoujo manga to anime adaptations sold well, we'd be having an adaptation of the manga Joou no Hana by now. Seriously, even if you don't read manga, check it out. I guarantee you'll like it. It's a gazillion times better than this anime I can grant you that.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 6, 2013 8:44 AM
Mar 2013
I want Shin back... I mean why did he leave? Toma said he left didn't he?
its just wrong that Shin would just leave like that! Toma must have done somwthing to Shin. I mean could Toma have killed Shin? Considering how crazy he is becoming...
Mar 6, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
sapphiregem said:
its just wrong that Shin would just leave like that! Toma must have done somwthing to Shin. I mean could Toma have killed Shin? Considering how crazy he is becoming...

I was thinking the same thing
RIP Shin
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 6, 2013 9:00 AM
Mar 2013
Lyyu said:
sapphiregem said:

RIP Shin

Seriously... is Shin that weak... -_-
I somehow thought he'll be the main guy... UGH
Mar 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
I find that she was waaaayy too calm about that whole situation. You're being drugged and locked in a cage but yeah, it's all good.

Toma was being really suspicious in the last episode but the cage was ridiculous. I really thought he was gonna kill her by the end of the ep.
Mar 6, 2013 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
amandaxpanda said:
I find that she was waaaayy too calm about that whole situation. You're being drugged and locked in a cage but yeah, it's all good.

Toma was being really suspicious in the last episode but the cage was ridiculous. I really thought he was gonna kill her by the end of the ep.

I thought almost the same thing. I'm so done of these car accidents. I thought those Ikki fans would kill her.
Mar 6, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2011
omg that cage. It got sooo creepy D:
NO. just NOOOOOOO
Mar 6, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
lol creepy ~
Mar 6, 2013 1:35 PM

Aug 2011
sapphiregem said:
Lyyu said:
sapphiregem said:

RIP Shin

Seriously... is Shin that weak... -_-
I somehow thought he'll be the main guy... UGH

Toma wouldn't kill his best friend, for something like that. XD He was angry, but he probably explained everything and Shin went away. I assume we're heading towards Toma's good end, so no one dies.
Mar 6, 2013 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
I bloody loved this episode. It was quite predictable though, but still brilliant in every sense of the word!! <3
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Mar 6, 2013 4:05 PM
Jun 2012
" a bit creepy"? "protecting her"?

Drugging her makes her defenceless and as such easier to hurt. Just as he planned. Same thing with the cage. He doesn't want to protect her. As is pointed out in the episode, he sees her as his favourite doll. Which he wants to keep in his possession.
Mar 6, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2011
Helpme said:
" a bit creepy"? "protecting her"?

Drugging her makes her defenceless and as such easier to hurt. Just as he planned. Same thing with the cage. He doesn't want to protect her. As is pointed out in the episode, he sees her as his favourite doll. Which he wants to keep in his possession.

Have you played the game? If you haven't you know absolutely nothing from what you're saying. Are you even watching the same anime? It's so EVIDENT that he wants to protect her. He loves her to an obsessive point.

Yeah, drugging makes her defenseless and easier to hurt. BUT HE DOESN'T LAY A HAND ON HER.
Mar 6, 2013 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
Yandere Toma? Don't know how i feel about that....
How the f*ck did she break out of that cage? The next scene she was running and I was just all: wtf?!?!?
looking forward to next weeks episode. ;)
Mar 7, 2013 1:09 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was possibly more suspenseful than the rest of the series. Rather than finding some strange events, now she was locked up in a cage. Even though we understand why, it's still somewhat irrational, but that's just me.
So I guess nobody cares about her enough to find out where she is..
How did she escape the cage? One moment she was thinking about the diary, and the next she was out on the streets, Toma didn't leave the cage unlocked, did he?
5/5.

Mar 7, 2013 4:32 AM

Jul 2012
Chiibi said:
ihateeveryone said:

Oh please don't say this. D:

There are so many WONDERFUL shoujo anime series out there that aren't ANYTHING like this. I've seen a lot of them....and Amnesia is the most effed-up one I've seen.

I mostly meant reverse harems when I said this (and I was in a fit of rage) though I still have like.. one or two I'm going to give a chance. Shoujo less so since I've heard there's a lot of great ones (Nana, Kimi no Todoke to name a couple) but I think I know now to avoid ones like this.
Mar 7, 2013 4:34 AM

Jul 2012
phoenixalia said:
ihateeveryone said:

Reverse harem anime is one thing. Shoujo anime is another. Haven't you watched Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Ii na Yo or Kamisama Hajimemashita? Granted, Sukitte can be a bit cringe-worthy sometimes but the other two are amazing.

There are more awesome shoujo manga out there. It's because only reverse harems are successful that they are animated. If shoujo manga to anime adaptations sold well, we'd be having an adaptation of the manga Joou no Hana by now. Seriously, even if you don't read manga, check it out. I guarantee you'll like it. It's a gazillion times better than this anime I can grant you that.

I've watched Tonari, and enjoyed it to an extent, yes. I actually plan to check out quite a few shoujo manga since I'm not always fond of the adaption.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

207 by Ailastara »»
Feb 20, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Jan 8, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 11, 2013

116 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

98 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:06 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.