Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
May 4, 2018 1:19 PM

Mar 2016
SpectrumDT said:
Which episode do you have in mind?

The episode with the culture festival; the encounter in the 'haunted house.'
Aug 10, 2018 11:05 PM
Dec 2017
Palsa said:
Good ending; I'm a little disappointed that they ended it without covering several chapters, but I can excuse it seeing as they had 12 episodes to work with.
One question that I've always had with this series, both manga and anime; what happens when Teiichi graduates?
You probably won’t read this since it has been many years, but she isn’t haunting the school anymore. She is haunting Teiichi which means that she can leave school grounds now. She was initially haunting the school, but after dissapearing and going to the afterlife. She was brought back because of his kiss. This can also be seen in the manga bonus chapters when’s they go to the tunnel
Aug 19, 2018 5:34 AM

May 2016
The episode started out like one of those playful episodes where they just have fun but this time as an official date without anyone else interrupting the flow, particularly in that omelette scene. After seeing that notebook with Yuuko and Teiichi's conversations, even someone as dense as Okonogi could've pieced it together. But with this happiness and respite comes a time where it will all end and he was in full denial once he realized that she's fading away soon.

In the end, they couldn't have a clean break-up and spent their last moments with each other as close as they can be, sharing their final thoughts and requests as she slowly fades away. It was a very heartrending scene amplified by the song playing as it goes that left me in tears and I would've cried even harder had I not noticed the cockroach brushing up my foot in the middle of their tragic kissing scene.

It might've taken some time but Teiichi fulfilled his promise and locked away his memories of Yuuko so he can continue on with life normally but Okonogi comes in saying that the Paranormal Investigators Club is back and along with the club's revival came a surprise appearance from Yuuko herself, who wanted to enjoy the sweet kiss she was abruptly pulled from as long as they are together ♥

Jan 21, 2019 3:21 AM
Jan 2017
aaa, this anime at first is very happyness and a little bit horror and comedy i can feel it,, the good and cute ghost,, it seem like menma in anohana,,
niiya meet yuuko at that room and yukku love niyya at same place cause only he who can see and touch her,, all is happy until they figure that yukko has another side ,, this yukko is bad emotion and bad memories who rejected by first yukko to keep herself clean.. but one day envy feeling of yuuko making the dark yukko take that emotion and making first yukko llong her memories that why niiya seach the way to making both yukko to one body and its work.. yuuko back ffeling all her hatred and bad memories that always she trying to forget,, but cause of neeya can heal that and make yukko back to real self..
and yukko feel the happiness when she stay with niiya and because all her regred and her busness in this world was done,, yukko finnaly dissappear with the crying and strong feeling of both,,

but the wtf moment is she back to the club room and she said that she can go to afterlfe cause niiya kiss her and make her stay in this world,,
but i this this is the best time for yukko to going cause niyya totaly can accept her departure and move on to his life,, after this niiya maybe must finish his school and left the school building when yukko can go from it,,

the new sad farewell will begi again, huh,,
but this is the little time for them to feel more happyness making good memories and at last,, it must to forget all,,
i remember when jinta in anohana and friensds of menma its very hard to forget her cause so many memory they have and ,,,,
Jan 21, 2019 8:58 AM

Mar 2018
SpectrumDT said:
vampko said:
I honestly didn't root for Teichi and Kirie at all. They never really seemed to go together, seemed so one-sided.

I agree. I cannot see Teiichi and Kirie together. IMO Kirie is a bad match for him. Teiichi is a very soft and gentle boy who will probably grow into a soft and gentle man. I don't think a relationship between them would end well. Kirie never treated Teiichi particularly well. She lusted after him, but she didn't seem to respect or even like him. She was constantly complaining and berating him. If they got together, I think Kirie would bully him.

Update to my own post: I was harsh on Kirie here. After having read the manga, I must say that Kirie is a much better person and friend in the manga. She survived the transition to anime poorly. She lost most of her sweetness, and hence we almost only see her bitchy side. The original Kirie is a better person than I gave her credit for.
Mar 22, 2019 8:32 PM
Feb 2019
Eh, despite what everyone else is saying, I don't really think that them separating is a "bad ending". It was actually more beautiful that Yuuko's spirit was free and could rest.

As Kirie said, their love is incompatible and unhealthy. She's dead. Teiichi will grow old and move on from high school to college(great season 2 plot), while she stays 15 forever. I really dislike when stories spend all that time with emotional build up just to contradict itself.

For the overall anime, from episodes 1-7, it seemed too much like your standard comedic slice of life anime. It finally got horrific when the Evil Yuuko got screen time. But I liked that the story for Yuuko's death wasn't basic like a cliche murder or suicide. I also liked that since this was a more mature/seinen type anime, the characters were able to be more romantically expressive than just blushing at each other and not admitting their feelings. So, 6/10.
Mar 30, 2019 12:10 AM

Apr 2012
Pffft... most cliche ending ever.
Bad writing, felt more like the anime was trying to fill some sort of category quota.
Janethan23Mar 30, 2019 12:18 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 13, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
Huh... I usually like happy ends, but this didn't feel like one for me. Yuuko should have just disappeared for good, then the ending would have felt more natural and satisfying :/
Also: Yuuko's character at the start >>>>>>>>>>>>> Yuuko's character at the end. She was way more fun without emotions, later she was a bit annoying at times.

Aside from that, I actually really enjoyed this anime. I also love the OP and ED.
Apr 19, 2019 12:26 PM
Mar 2018
Well, what's going to end in a ghost drama? The ghost person gets her regrets resolved and we have some last tearjerker drama for it to end. Strange that she suddenly turned to static like a hologram out of focus when she started fading. But yeah, a pretty standard sweet ending. Somehow felt like the ending of Angel Beats from the tears level... and then the FBI came in, because Yuuko-San is technically over 70 years old.
And then the team got cold feet and probably wanted to creep out a second season, but ghosts can get pregnant so they couldn't (and shouldn't)

Also, is this a nuclear university school? Because when Yuuko-San can put on real clothes, then anyone that can't see her ghost would see some clothes floating around. Or something cooking food. Or some foodboxes walking around. Everyone must be denser than osmium.
May 7, 2019 6:29 AM

Aug 2011
Going to try to process my thoughts on this show in the shortest way I can manage:

Firstly, even though the premise isn't something original (ghost lover), I can honestly say I haven't seen anything quite similar to it. The anime studio did an excellent job with the artwork, especially the vibrant colors that were on display throughout, truly beautiful. My one knock in this department is that most characters outside of our small cast (and Kirishima) were relegated to being mostly featureless shadow people. This sort of detracted from the embarrassment Teiichi would usually feel by being lovey-dovey with Yuuko in public.

While a bit slow at first, the show definitely delivers the climactic moments when it needs to, and I enjoyed the story very much (even though it was different from the manga, which I plan to fully read to discern for myself), I usually despise anime-original endings because they tend to detract from the source material, and sometimes are worse off for it. However, I believe this ending was very very good. It's not going to be popular with everyone, but I personally love happy endings and despise ones that leave me in an emotional funk, lots of tear-jerking moments, especially in the last episode itself. I was continuously leaking tears during the notebook writing/fading scene, it hit me right in the feels... hard. And then there was nothing but overwhelming bliss as soon as I saw her re-appear/heard the OP (which is a great song, the music throughout the series was on point).

9/10 from me, I don't tend to give out 10/10s too often unless something is on the level of FMA: BH, but this was great for only 12 episodes, I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys romance. Now... I intend to go read the manga!
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

May 7, 2019 12:44 PM

Mar 2018
ReverentStigma said:
9/10 from me, I don't tend to give out 10/10s too often unless something is on the level of FMA: BH, but this was great for only 12 episodes, I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys romance. Now... I intend to go read the manga!
The manga is beautiful; I recommend it! <3
May 7, 2019 3:59 PM

Aug 2011
SpectrumDT said:
The manga is beautiful; I recommend it! <3

I'm already reading it, and so far I like all the extra details being presented, and some of the stories that were left out. The world-building seems to be improved as well.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

May 12, 2019 2:28 AM
Dec 2018
I love the OP and ED, it also had some great songs playing during the most emotional moments. I think the ending would've been better had she just not come back, would be much sadder but a better fit.
Jun 23, 2019 5:30 AM

Mar 2019
happy endings ftw! i do wonder though how they'll manage when he finishes high school? maybe the grandmother allows him to live on schoolgrounds, where the miner were?
Jul 23, 2019 2:55 PM

Oct 2016
What a garbage ending and a garbage finale. This show would have been a solid 6, had it not been for the last couple of minutes for this episode. To me, it deserves a 5. The only thing saving it from a 3 is the mystery of the murder, the art, and the vibes that most of the show gave off. 5, to me, is what this show deserves. It could have been a 6.
The thing about this final episode is that it could have been a solid finale. What stupid writing. "Oh I completely vanished, but just came back because...because!" I don't see how this show almost has an 8.
Different folks, different strokes, I guess. If you enjoy this type of ending, good for you.
To me, it was really bad. I might actually change this show to a 4 or 3 in the future. It could have been better though. That's what is so upsetting to me.
EDIT:
Updated signature because Tinypic is shutting down.

PikslapJul 28, 2019 6:23 PM
Aug 19, 2019 8:34 AM

Oct 2012
Haha Kirie xD

Tbh the ending was better than I expected
I thought it's going to be like Angel Beats, she's gone leaving others
But that was pretty nice for an ending
I prefer this than the usual ghost vanished when they don't have problems anymore
"Signature removed"
Oct 12, 2019 10:00 AM
Jan 2018
Sorry what. They should have just left it all that Just for her to show up again they should have just ended it with her passing on and showing Teiichi moving on .

Don't care if it was a "happy ending" Knowing that this was original ending hopefully the manga ending is better

5/10 it was 7 but the ending changed it
Oct 29, 2019 6:44 AM

Mar 2016
Halloween re-watch: Over-explanatory dialogue made some of the more interesting ideas and scenes feel too rigid and formulaic, like the characters always had the answers and were just checking off the list to go on to the next scene. The scene at the end where they writing in the notebook while Yuuko was fading away still got to me emotionally though. I don't even mind the ending. maybe because I knew what was going to happen, but Yuuko went through enough that I think she deserves to be happy even if it lessens that bittersweet feeling that dominated most of the final episode. Not a bad show to watch in October.
Oct 29, 2019 8:38 PM

Nov 2018
They had us in the first half, not gonna lie. “But screw the rules,” that ending said!

First time watcher, here. This was a great Halloween recommendation. From the very first episode I really liked how they characters played off each other. I had a lot of fun, but also a lot of feels. The only criticism I can give this show is that sometimes the mysteries were solved a bit too easily. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the ride the whole way!
Nov 30, 2019 8:29 PM
Oct 2017
I kind of wish it ended a minute sooner, almost with a cliff hanger and no explanation as to why Yuuko came back.

But all in all a very nice series, and very refreshing to see a anime where all the characters have flaws in their personality but never really feel cumbersome or a burden. Something I usually hate about at least one character in pretty much every anime ever made.

Would give it 8.5/10 easily.
Jan 5, 2020 1:22 PM

Jun 2015
after I cried my eyes out over her, Yuuko-san is back. Glad to see her back.

This anime was a good watch.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 9, 2020 10:51 AM

Aug 2018
A strange anime to rate for me.. I think it did many things right.. Covered many topics related to being ghost, had a decent enough story.. Also characters.. Yuuko is the main one, who has a lot to her.. Funny, with tragic past, wholesome and cute at times, lewd, loving.. Still, for some reason I didn't click enough with the characters.. It maybe is related to main character guy, maybe.. I couldn't take too seriously his moments of crying, or wasn't too in awe or anything with him being shy.. I might be finding it hard to enjoy male characters in general now.. For, like, forever, it seems, already.. I think maybe last time I truly enjoyed male characters - maybe from Key studious - in Clannad and Little Busters, maybe in Little Busters even more.. So yeah.. I am interested in girls of this anime in the end, but maybe main character really made it all not that touching, not that clicking, or something like that.. All these moments they were going through, they were having.. Maybe reason is this.. Because I find it easier to enjoy all girls cast, honestly.. At least lately.. Maybe it's not because of this.. Maybe I just don't know the reason.. Maybe it's girls also a bit being not moe enough or something.. Though, they weren't really not in too crude drawing style or anything, I can enjoy girls like Maho from Steins;Gate, who are less moe drawn.. Well.. Anyway.. A bit hard clicking anime it was for some reason.. Overall, a hard one to rate.. I'll give it some kind of score now, but really maybe will re-rate it after some time, in larger or lower score.. I'll see how I'll feel about anime later, about characters, or something.. Will see..
Jan 17, 2020 9:45 PM
Dec 2019
Finally Finished this anime!!This is the first Mystery,Horror,Romance anime ever that I loved so much and was hooked up from begining to end!!

Story-8/10
Characters-9/10
Opening-9/10
Ending-10/10
Overall-9/10
Jan 30, 2020 9:05 PM

May 2010
It would've been better if she had left. More impact.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 19, 2020 6:41 PM

Dec 2019
Bruuuh that goodbye scene when she disappear got me good i was crying like a little bitch, but the final scene got me smiling like a little bitch and we got a second kiss yaaaayyyy !!

Been a while since i gave a 9/10 and im glad i did woulda gave it a 10 if there wasn't an annoying main like Okonagi :| anw everything about this one was PERFECT the backround colors the comedy the characters (expect Okonagi as i said) the story, and we got a perfect ending, love it.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 2, 2020 6:59 PM

Feb 2015
This anime was a solid 8 or even 9. But then the final scene screwed it all. Like, it was the perfect ending after all the emotions in this episode and all that went to shit in 1 minute...
Apr 3, 2020 5:45 AM

Jan 2020
This really got me. I very nearly didn't watch it altogether because a majority of the ghost romances have such tragically sad endings.. and there's only so much hurt a heart can take. True, it's not perfect but it's so nice to have a decent happy ending for a change with the only downside it leaves me wanting more. Looking forward to reading the manga.
Apr 3, 2020 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
One of these series that has a 10/10 ending you do not regret of.
Apr 8, 2020 7:33 AM

Dec 2013
Well, Momoe looks really cute hoho.
Ofc fanservice even in final episode lol

But am I the only one who expect a sad ending? I mean their goodbye scene was really good and it made me almost tear up and I wonder how Niiya will move on and such but yeah, Yuuko appeared again and yeah, happy ending.

Viewers will have a different pov about the ending but for me I prefer the sad ending lol
_kukiyomenaiApr 8, 2020 7:37 AM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 7, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
Devil17 said:
This anime was a solid 8 or even 9. But then the final scene screwed it all. Like, it was the perfect ending after all the emotions in this episode and all that went to shit in 1 minute...

If you don't think Yuuko deserves to be happy then you're a bad person.
May 12, 2020 12:32 PM
Mar 2020
Great ending........ My pillow is soaking wet from my tears. Thanks for great ending or else I wouldn't able to sleep.
Jul 11, 2020 2:23 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
The final scene should never have happened. It's almost always bad writing to pull out all the stops on one emotions (in this case sadness) and then pull a full magical reverse a few moments later. It can be done, e.g. Angel Beats style
but it was not well done here.

That being said, the style of the sad ending annoyed me slightly. Oh yes, let me just forget this important relationship I had with Yuuko just because she died, because that's what she made me promise to do. One, don't make that promise and don't ever ask someone to make that kind of promise to you. You don't process grief by ignoring it. It's fine to encourage someone to move on eventually, but not to forget you completely. It was also silly to imply that he'd managed to forget her within a few weeks/months time. She would eventually stop dominating his thoughts, but I doubt it would come so quickly, perhaps especially if he's purposefully trying to forget her (purposefully trying not to think of something is generally a great way to end up thinking about it all the time.)

Overall, this was still a great show, but not landing the ending knocks a point off the score in my book (though I'd consider this a merely cheap ending, not a full butchering.)
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 18, 2020 9:20 AM

Oct 2019
I wasn't expecting the anime to get this sad, but it did. I'm glad that there was a happy ending though :) My heart can't take that much, and I was super close to cussing out the author for making me sad. So I'm glad it was happier at the end.

This was basically me for all the sad moments.
Aug 17, 2020 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
Well, happy endings are always good, but this one was like... meh. I mean, that was a poor reason for her to stay.. maybe not poor, but uncreative.

In general was a good show, enjoye so much Yuuko's characters and the ost was nice.
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.
Aug 18, 2020 10:18 AM

Jan 2020
I never thought that a mix of supernatural with romance could give us such a masterpiece. In addition the end was great XD
RoosterxAug 18, 2020 2:28 PM
Aug 31, 2020 8:49 PM

Nov 2010
I wanted to give this show a 8/10 after all that emotional build up but that ending didn't work for me. I really would have preferred if he ended up with Kirie in the end or fast forward the time to when Teiichi is old and he's finally reunited with Yuuko as high school kids again and they can have a happy ending in the after life...

7/10
MizuhoKamuiAug 31, 2020 8:55 PM
Oct 31, 2020 9:30 PM
Sep 2014
My heart felt so heavy watching the last 2 episodes... It didn't make me cry but I was so sad and i didn't feel this way from a long time ago it was weird actually.

I would have prefered if she didn't come back because it's at that time that i fel relief for some reason lol and i don't know if it's only me but I was sad that the mc was in love with a ghost.

The ghost part for me is sad not the love one. Not being able to create any real relationships beyond the ghost and even though for them it was "real love" i was sad for him...

It was a great show, made me sad and a bit happy didn't laugh much but in the end it was a great show !
Nov 15, 2020 9:46 AM

Sep 2020
Wow, I have exams tomorrow but here I am writing this reply 2 in the morning after bingeing the anime+ the ova.

I do agree having a sad ending would have left a more impactful ending, but hey I wont complain if the author wants to give us this heartful end.

Ill definitely read the manga after exams.

My only regret is the fact I disregard watching this 7 years ago after skimming through the first episode, just why old me! 畜生!
Mar 16, 2021 7:14 AM

Jul 2014
Well, there's cop out endings. and then there's this. No point trying to put your audience through the emotional wringer with the goodbye, only to literally bring her back like 2 minutes later. The reasoning for her return was so thin that they may as well have directly said: fuck logic, we want to have a happy ending no matter what (even if it means having our cake and eating it too).

That aside, the way these last couple episodes casually gloss over so many big details - such as Asa-chan being Niiya's grandmother or Yuuko's body finally being found after all that time (how did they explain that, by the way, given she was found way back in episode 2 and Niiya just said nothing about it) - is somewhat confusing, even more so given that it saw more focus placed on building to the emotional conclusion and then half-arsedly undercutting it.

Ultimately, all this show really had going for it was some impressive cinematography and visuals, most of which is ultimately undercut by needless ecchi, bad comedy and wildly inconsistent applications of the show's own internal logic. I'm really not sure why I ever liked this show in the first place, and I honestly regret having gone to the trouble of rewatching it just for an OVA episode that's probably going to be more bad comedy.

Down from an 8/10 to a 5/10.
Apr 3, 2021 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
Man, I watched this a few years ago and bought the blurays but I still think that Teiichi having a ghost girlfriend forever is stupid. She's been dead for like 50 years: you've got to let her go, man. You can't build a family with her.

I was expecting him to move on and eventually get with Kirie (maybe in a timeskip) and they'd have a daughter and name her Yuuko or something.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the show, and would love it if the manga got an official English translation in print. It was translated into German and published over in Germany.
Apr 20, 2021 1:54 PM
Dec 2018
MC was an idiot as is so often the case.

The right thing to do is for her to move on and him to live his life with the living. Yet, this fool, who is somehow accompanied by two really nice women wants to keep a ghost by his side, thus depriving her proper closure while he takes the other two for granted. He actually let her slap both of the girls as well, they should have ditched that loser.

Couldn't stand the ending. It should have been an unforgettable chapter in his life, not the rest of his life. He's seen how how unstable she could be in the current situation. If he wants to be with her so much, he should have just jumped from a rooftop and done everyone else a favour. If she loves him that much, she should be happy to move on and let him live a normal life as well. If they still love each other when he dies, they can always get together then.
Gab5Apr 20, 2021 2:12 PM
May 10, 2021 5:01 AM

Apr 2020
I saw an amazing AMV of this and it made me want to watch it. It gave me Kakegurui vibes and yeah I still got them when I saw the anime. https://youtu.be/LdhlFdSIwAg

But I didn't expect it to be Angel Beats meets Kakegurui. If the ending was better it would be an easy 9 for me but it went down to an 8 by how disappointing it is.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 17, 2021 12:28 AM

May 2019
Man the good romance that i was not expecting from a "horror" story lol

Really like the characters and plot was nice thought very previsible.

And then the boy was cursed in the end to be haunted by a ghost of a girl until he dies of old age, without kids.

A weeb dream.

At least now Yuuko can leave the school and meet the rest of Japan, since nothing is attaining her to that place anymore, but to Teichi.
Oct 30, 2021 1:18 PM

Feb 2020
Here I was, thinking I had been too harsh on this show and that, while flawed, it still told a beautiful story...

AND THEN IT JUST GOES AND RUINS ITS OWN ENDING ! HOORAY !

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want a bad ending, and I definitely was frustrated to think about Teiichi forgetting Yuuko (not just because it's sad but also because that's going against part of the message), but her leaving after having shared a kiss with him was such a good closure to her character... And they ruined it. In every way possible. They brought her back, made her revert back to her clingy self, and replaced a bittersweet yet emotionally powerful finale with ecchi. That must be some kind of joke.
Because yeah, that's also the thing, I think I would've been able to accept that ending if it brought back Yuuko in an emotional kind of way, but instead they just put one of those super annoying goofy ecchi scenes they splattered the whole show with. How can I not be frustrated ?

Now about the show as a whole, well, the few last episodes were surprisingly good. They weren't perfect, for many reasons, but at least I felt like the show was truly trying to make something good, letting go of most of the silliness and the ecchi to focus on what really matters : Yuuko's tragic past and inner struggles. And it was actually good, in those episodes I did feel emotionally invested in her character (which wasn't really the case before). It was almost redeeming the whole show in my eyes. Then this last episode came and I immediately felt some disappointment, because that's really not how I expected Yuuko to be once she reunited with her negative emotions. My problem was, first, that she didn't seem affected in any way by everything she came to remember (a much better message would have been for her to be permanently damaged, yet still able to feel happiness and to be loved by Teiichi, actually I really thought that was what they were going for), and also that she barely when felt any different from how we've always known her. Sure, the "new" Yuuko can be embarrassed, upset, and violent, but overall she just remained exactly the same, simply more tsundere-ish (and honestly that's not a good thing at all). Not only doesn't it align with the show constantly reminding us the Yuuko we know isn't the "real" Yuuko, but it also goes against what we saw of her in the flashback. In said flashback, she was different from the Yuuko we know, in many ways, but she definitely wasn't like how we saw her in that last episode. So I was really disappointed, but then the farewells arrived and I started truly liking her character again, because I saw the Yuuko I wanted to see, at least part of it. But then, as I already said, the last scene came and just ruined everything, reminding me that what the show really is isn't a tragic ghost story, but some romcom using a ghost story as a way to create an original setting and to provoke goofy shenanigans and some drama (and somehow it managed to make a good thing out of it when it decided to take itself more seriously which makes it all the more frustrating because I could see the potential).

So to summarize, I didn't dislike this show, it had a very good atmosphere, a great art direction (I saw it shares a director with Ef, so it makes sense that I liked it), some very good ideas, and I really did like Yuuko's characters despite my complaints, at least I liked her when the show was really trying to provide her depth (not that I dislike her otherwise but she's just not that great), and even the other characters weren't that bad when they were given development.
But I really can't overlook the amount of flaws the show has, going as far as constantly ruining the heavy and tragic atmosphere it tried so hard to establish through adding ecchi and goofy jokes at the worst moments. And that's really just one thing, I could make a whole list of what it did wrong.

I wanted to truly like this anime, I really wanted to, and I did like some episodes, but overall it's just an enormous amount of wasted potential, and that's such a shame. I give it a 5/10, it would've been a 6 if it wasn't for that ending.
Nov 17, 2021 2:22 PM

Mar 2019
And with this, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia has ended (there's still that OVA but the main story is done). What a ride!

The first episodes were somewhat slow, but had some terrifying scenes with the Evil Yuuko later on that actually gave me chills. Then episode 8 came and it's been consistent ever since then, the flashback was really good, Teiichi was great and then the last 2 episodes were the cherry on the cake.

This 12th episode was also amazing and the departure was done well, since it made me shed a tear, right before Yuuko disappeared. The OST was on-point, couldn't have done it better, this show altogether had a surprisingly good OST. Their final moments were just heartbreaking and then the kiss!!! Seems like Teiichi managed to get over that, but going to their club room would still have been sad because of all those memories.

BUT THEN, SOMETHING I DIDN'T EXPECT AT ALL, YUUKO CAME BACK!!!!!! I would have been more than fine with the ending up until that point, it would have been perfect, but I don't really mind it since it's a happy ending!!! That OPENING SONG AS AN ENDING WAS JUST PERFECT and then it shows how they continue to have fun which makes me happy.

And it ends with the notebook, Teiichi's farewell being crossed over and instead, something better appeared. There were still some things that I wished happened, like Yuuko talking with her sister again, or Asagi, or all 3 of them being in one place. Still enjoyable nonetheless.

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 20, 2021 6:28 AM
Sep 2021
Will the Mc be virgin forever,😂😘
Dec 9, 2021 9:54 AM
Oct 2017
3rd time rewatching And I cried like a mitch even though I knew the ending
This is a series I will keep rewatching till I die loved it
Dec 30, 2021 3:04 PM
Dec 2021
GREAT anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 19, 2022 9:21 AM
Nov 2020
I went into watching this anime expecting a horror anime but I wasn’t disappointed. This anime got me in tears. One of the best anime’s I’ve see
Mar 13, 2022 7:02 AM

Jan 2021
It was a really emotional farewell... to be honest when I saw it I had hoped that they would never separate, but I think the best ending is that they should separate because it means Yuuko has been freed from the "curse" and Teiichi can start a new chapter in his life well and normally. So it seems a bit strange for me to see Yuuko back there even though her body was transparent before she went to afterlife and the mystery about her has been solved.. but because I like happy endings, that's okay.. even if a sad or bittersweet ending is more suitable, I think.

Also, I thought about it... Yuuko always waits for Teiichi every morning right at the school gate, right? That means she can arrive, can stand, can be at the school gate. Then why in the previous episodes, when Yuuko tried to run out of the school building towards the gate, it felt like Yuuko couldn't get there? Even though every morning she always stood sweetly waiting for her beloved Teiichi right there, at the school gate.

I actually understand that the point of that scene was to show that Yuuko wouldn't be able to get out of the school (as she once said) but in that scene, she seemed like no matter how far she ran she would never reach the school gate, even though every morning she could stand well at the school gate waiting for Teiichi.

Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

157 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 1, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2012

145 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 1, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

143 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 1, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

170 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 29, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 29, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.