Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 10, 2022 3:48 AM
Jun 2022
So from where should I start
First, I am hoping that there will be another plot twist and he just kept Aoi in the defensive team so that he can gain more knowledge so when he plays as forward he can even have better skills.

Second HANA for reall this is the best supportive friend (hope they have a relationship in future) but she is the best

I really can’t wait for Episode 15 I am dying sighhhh
Jul 10, 2022 4:04 AM

Feb 2021
Blue_Shooter said:
So from where should I start
First, I am hoping that there will be another plot twist and he just kept Aoi in the defensive team so that he can gain more knowledge so when he plays as forward he can even have better skills.

Second HANA for reall this is the best supportive friend (hope they have a relationship in future) but she is the best

I really can’t wait for Episode 15 I am dying sighhhh

Yes, I hope for so too! One of the defenders said that he can also pass balls too.
Jul 10, 2022 4:30 AM
Apr 2018
Hana's good, but then Kaidou Anri will steals Aoi-senshu from her.
Jul 10, 2022 5:43 AM

Jul 2014
Shit what a cliff hanger, I wanted to see how he'll play as a defender against that insecure bully
Jul 10, 2022 8:06 AM

Dec 2018
Holy shit what a change. It's just so evil. I was the goal keeper in my school for a while so I can't relate much but that must been such a punch in the face for a striker?

I find it interesting that everybody seemed to have the idea that Aoi is better in the defence. Maybe because his talent to see in different perspectives makes him a perfect playmaker (though they are mostly in the middle field, so that's where I got confused).

Also, Hana is best girl.
Jul 10, 2022 9:10 AM
Sep 2018
This is basically Football by From Software. All I see is despair, unbeatable enemies, your own hollowness and of course the Fire Keeper (Hana).
Jul 10, 2022 9:28 AM

Aug 2012
Fukuda is such an asshole honestly.
I dont like him anymore, he went too far to manipulate Ashito.
His dream of having the best team in japan is an end and hell use any means to justify it... The type of character I hate.
I hope Ashito does something about it.
Jul 10, 2022 10:29 AM
Sep 2016
El episodio estuvo buenísimo, esa forma de Aoi de aceptar su nueva posición y querer aprender en vez de echar todo a la negación.
Jul 10, 2022 1:52 PM
Jun 2019
Fukuda: All according to keikaku LOL

Anyway, Ashito finally bounced back out of depression? I guess. I was kinda worried about him during his “dinner” with Hana. It kinda looked like he wanted to commit suicide or something tbh. Anyway, a pretty great episode, and I’m excited to see how he’ll fare as a fullback defender next episode.

Kowaii cringe
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 10, 2022 11:11 PM

Nov 2013
Shidoteki said:
His dream of having the best team in japan is an end and hell use any means to justify it... The type of character I hate.

Irl football, the coach always knows better where is the best position for its player, especially in youth, when the players are still not mature enough. Note that Kuribayashi (the most gifted player in this series) also said it's obvious where Aoi should play, and Akutsu also realizes it despite what he said to Aoi.
But I agree that the way Fukuda did it is just too cruel. Perhaps that's one of his weak point as a coach.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 10, 2022 11:18 PM

Dec 2020
HANA BAAAAEEEE❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ best girl ever. she did all this to help and comfort him. not knowing it'll work, not knowing much about his problem overall but she did it purely from wanting to help him and honestly ughhhhh her emphatic nature is soo..🙁 that call with his mom was fucked upopopppppp i instantly cried, hated that

nozomi has been Playing the bad guy all along damn i knew it. and fukuda's the mastermind of all this. what an asshole. a reasonable genius asshole, i like his character a lot tbh

ashito getting back up again and nottt falling for bald dudes provocation woohoo🥳🥳
Jul 11, 2022 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! this show is getting better and better!
for sure Akutsu will make sure Ashito would have a hard time on being a defender...but i'm pretty sure something good would happen! and i hope Akutsu will regret it because of his f*cking attitude.
5/5.

Jul 11, 2022 6:52 AM

Aug 2012
KyouKaiTen said:
Shidoteki said:

Irl football, the coach always knows better where is the best position for its player, especially in youth, when the players are still not mature enough. Note that Kuribayashi (the most gifted player in this series) also said it's obvious where Aoi should play, and Akutsu also realizes it despite what he said to Aoi.
But I agree that the way Fukuda did it is just too cruel. Perhaps that's one of his weak point as a coach.

I know that hahaha
The issue is Fukuda tried to pull strings and control everything for a boy who didnt want to do such a thing.
Maybe getting him wasnt so bad, but when he started faking conversations it is way too fucked up.

Also you have great taste in anime, king.
Jul 11, 2022 8:59 AM
Apr 2018
People may hate Akutsu right now, but he's one of the best written characters in Ao Ashi. You may love him later, just keep watching!
Jul 11, 2022 12:57 PM

Feb 2021
Joey-XD19202 said:
Fukuda: All according to keikaku LOL

Anyway, Ashito finally bounced back out of depression? I guess. I was kinda worried about him during his “dinner” with Hana. It kinda looked like he wanted to commit suicide or something tbh. Anyway, a pretty great episode, and I’m excited to see how he’ll fare as a fullback defender next episode.

Kowaii cringe

Every time I see him I also fear.
Jul 11, 2022 1:36 PM

Oct 2020
In my pointview as someone who love football. I understand Fukuda. Ashito's capability works best in the position where he can see every player, which Wing Back is best position, Ashito has a attacking capability, great vision, he is perfect for the position.

PS: I was wondering why he wears no 33 which is uncommon for a Forward, and now he is switching to Wing back, that does make sense. This is just my theory, i don't know if he will back in his natural position. We'll see.

Jul 11, 2022 5:27 PM

Nov 2013
Shidoteki said:
KyouKaiTen said:

I know that hahaha
The issue is Fukuda tried to pull strings and control everything for a boy who didnt want to do such a thing.
Maybe getting him wasnt so bad, but when he started faking conversations it is way too fucked up.

Haha thank you. I really love HxH. I think Ao Ashi is similar to HxH too in the way both tend to explain the thought process of the characters for their action. Also don't you think Fukuda is quite similar to Ging too?
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 11, 2022 5:41 PM

Aug 2012
KyouKaiTen said:
Shidoteki said:

I know that hahaha

Haha thank you. I really love HxH. I think Ao Ashi is similar to HxH too in the way both tend to explain the thought process of the characters for their action. Also don't you think Fukuda is quite similar to Ging too?

I think Hunter x Hunters thought process is way more complex hahaha
And I think Fukuda is only like Ging because he makes people move the way he wants, like a Hunter. Hes definitely not like him other than that. Ging isnt the manipulating type but rather a free spirit type, he doesnt do things with intent for his future plans, in that way theyre complete opposites. Fukuda lives for the future and Ging for the present only.
Jul 12, 2022 2:16 AM

Jun 2013
Hana best girl omg!! <333 Aoi should've atleast told his teammates about what happened before he went back to the dorm (telling them about Hana the only one who found him, even cooked a whole meal, and cheered him up was definitely worth sharing imo). Great episode overall, most def one of the best sports anime out there
Jul 12, 2022 5:14 AM
Sep 2008
Zeshiba said:
I don't care if Akutsu is played out to be the good guy in the end. Being an a-hole of this level negates all the good motives he has. Any sane person (especially after a huge bombshell was dropped) would legit just quit because of a bully like that.

I definitely agree with you on this. You can't just bully someone "for their own good"
Jul 12, 2022 1:01 PM

Mar 2019
phantomfandom said:
But I think Aoi will end up a specific type of defender called libido. He should be more happy being a libido.

You mean libero lmfaoooo
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Jul 12, 2022 1:05 PM

Apr 2018
I didn't watch this episode but just wanted to tell everyone I love Akutsu, he's a better character than just aboyt anyone from Blue Lock
Jul 12, 2022 11:03 PM

Nov 2013
sharinbai said:
Hana best girl omg!! <333 Aoi should've atleast told his teammates about what happened before he went back to the dorm (telling them about Hana the only one who found him, even cooked a whole meal, and cheered him up was definitely worth sharing imo). Great episode overall, most def one of the best sports anime out there

Otomo would kill him if he tell that story
Jul 13, 2022 12:41 AM

Jun 2013
KyouKaiTen said:
sharinbai said:

Otomo would kill him if he tell that story

yeah probably LMAO
Jul 13, 2022 5:24 AM

Nov 2013
badabass said:
Yeah the episode getting more and more interesting as its finally stepping up into the another new game. Also, a nice little soccer trivia there too, about 'shuffle'.

Bad translation. They should use "covering" instead. It makes more sense. Covering is the very basic of defending. This term will appear a lot in future episodes.
Jul 13, 2022 6:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
KyouKaiTen said:
badabass said:
Yeah the episode getting more and more interesting as its finally stepping up into the another new game. Also, a nice little soccer trivia there too, about 'shuffle'.

Bad translation. They should use "covering" instead. It makes more sense. Covering is the very basic of defending. This term will appear a lot in future episodes.

Ah fine then. I thought that is a correct term lmao
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2022 10:06 AM

Feb 2021
Asari and Kuroda are promoted to A Team for the time being.

Damn! Fukuda had been plotting this and keeping Nozomi silent since the time Aoi made it into Esperion. I'm really surprised to know that Nozomi was an extra/substitute for the same team that Fukuda played for.

Aoi really didn't take that well. Aren't we all glad Hana is always around, looking out for him? She keeps proving that she really is the best girl of this show.

Aoi's mom is also such a chad. Never burdens her son with responsibility, motivates him with a few simple words, doesn't drag on the conversation, leaves. Chad mom grindset 101

Gah Dayum. Akutsu is ripped. I can't imagine Akutsu actually teaching Aoi though lol. Kuribayashi is looking for Hana?

I guess since Aoi has now accepted being a defender, he will get to interact more with Takeshima. We never really got to know him.

Akutsu's face, in the end, was kinda creepy lol

Jul 15, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2012
So mostly build up to his first game as a fullback, I feel like that buff defender guy is gonna try and injure Aoi, lol!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jul 15, 2022 9:52 PM

Jul 2016
Hana is such an angel. Supporting Ashito and practically preventing him from quitting the sport after all the Fukuda nonsense.

Overall, it could have been an easy 5/5 episode if not for Akutsu acting like an asshole for the umpteenth time. That dude sure has some serious problems and it seems Ashito's biggest obstacle won't be learning how to defend but trying to avoid getting his humanity crushed by the buff bully with fragile ego.
Jul 16, 2022 4:59 AM

Feb 2021
Only 9 episodes are left. I hope for the second season announcement!
Jul 18, 2022 8:13 AM

Oct 2015
I liked how Ashito handled Akutsu's taunting, it showed his maturity and professionalism. If it was me i wouldve quit, there's no way I would do something else when I thought I was going to be another. Wouldn't have compromised one bit. Ashito is awesome. Hana is way more awesome.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 18, 2022 9:14 AM

May 2021
Aoi's silence was so effective. Briefly gone was that shouting and hot-headed kid. After this, its impossible to label him as the personification of a trope. I loved Hana calling up Aoi's mom in order to give him the much-needed motivation. We have a best girl candidate here.

Jul 30, 2022 6:41 PM
Jul 2022
LeoDrago said:
All I can say about this episode is everyone needs a Hana in their lives. She’s the BEST supporter Ashito never asked for.

I’m excited to see how Aoi accepting his role as a defender is gonna improve his abilities. If anything it can develop him into more of a complete player on both ends of the field.
Yes, I agree. This episode makes me love hana even more!
Jul 30, 2022 6:46 PM
Jul 2022
y'know, I wonder if fukuda will play the father role for ashito in the future episodes? but now, after these past few episodes, Im not sure
Aug 22, 2022 5:01 PM
Dec 2017
This anime approaches the game of socce rin an intelligent manner, no matter how goofy the characters may be - the story is accurate in regards to the game.
Sep 2, 2022 9:40 PM

Jan 2022
"When thing's go south call Mom" That's a motto I live by anyway. Glad to see Hana gets it too. I swear to god when Aoi goes pro he better buy this girl a mansion in the Alps for all the hell she's dragged him through. Glad to see at least someone is appreciating her meal plans too.

Interesting they call it a "Shuffle". When I play we usually just call it a "Shift". Whatever its officially called, as a defender it's pretty easy when to figure out when to do it cuz your CB or Goal Keeper is usually yelling "SHIFT SHIFT YOU MORON" at you over and over again until it happens.

I'm glad they really emphasize just how different the view from Defense is. You can see everyone and everything which makes it a natural position to lead from. Philipp Lahm, Azpilicueta, John Terry, Marcelo, all of them Full backs, all of them Captains, all of them leaders of men. Is this the future that awaits our MC?

That being said, this is still an absolutely insane risk that Fukuda is taking. Although I will admit that defending does involve an embarrassingly high amount of standing around and yawning, it requires a totally different mind set from that of offense. A mind set that relies primarily not on bravery, boldness, or aggression, but Patience.

Forwards are nothing but trickers and will do everything in their power to bait, deceive, and fool you into going one way while they go the other. A good defender knows this and can see through the BS for the genuine article, for the right time to strike. Patience is the one singular aspect that makes a defender good at their job or not and the exact opposite of the "Now! Now! Now! Gimme! Gimme! Gotta score! Gotta score!" mindset that Aoi has had literally his entire life and, like I just said, is the mentality that makes for the WORST defenders.

How realistically will they pull this off? Well I guess I'll just have to stay tuned to find out.
-insert NGE meme here-
Sep 9, 2022 3:55 AM
Apr 2022
the animation is outstanding.
Sep 26, 2022 2:04 AM
Jun 2022
em_doubleyou said:
xxXzaLuCaRdzXxx said:
The anime was doing quite well I mean haven't seen nothing like it before, but this episode completely fkin changed everything, aoi changing from forward to defender, Fukuda being the bad guy all along, just completely fkin flipped everything really a trash episode wasted all my time watching this anime to get here like complete ruined everything. I don't think I will watch it ever again.

this twist and the development that comes as a result of it is what makes the manga top tier for me though.
em_doubleyou said:
xxXzaLuCaRdzXxx said:
The anime was doing quite well I mean haven't seen nothing like it before, but this episode completely fkin changed everything, aoi changing from forward to defender, Fukuda being the bad guy all along, just completely fkin flipped everything really a trash episode wasted all my time watching this anime to get here like complete ruined everything. I don't think I will watch it ever again.

this twist and the development that comes as a result of it is what makes the manga top tier for me though.

Edit: It's true after watching the entire series I think everything falls in place perfectly. Definitely worth your time. Just bare with it for a while this anime is a real masterpiece!!!
xxXzaLuCaRdzXxxSep 26, 2022 2:09 AM
Sep 28, 2022 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
The coaches are putting Aoi through the ringer fr. The transition to a defender could only mean one thing, Akutsu would bully the fuck out of him again. I already know that he can't be such a massive dick. Really looking forward to see his redemption arc.

Hana is too good to be true and Kuribayashi wants some as well... I mean a personal meal plan, silly.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2022 1:09 PM
Jun 2022
when hana handed ao the phone it brought tears to my eyes
Oct 19, 2022 8:58 PM

Aug 2019
thought Aoi was trying to jump off a bridge or something. Thank God it was nothing serious.
His mom was all he needed. Fukuda pulled an Eren on Us.

Takeshima is hilarious 💀 he’s so chill
Nov 2, 2022 7:40 AM

Jan 2021
I know Akutsu is a bad boy but he's so hot lol
I feel like he's going to be nice to Aoi later, right? lol

I cried so hard when Hana found Aoi and then she calls his mom
I immediately bawled, what a great scene
Nov 8, 2022 12:33 AM
Nov 2022
They killed my boy... I can feel Ashito's frustration in here. But I'm rooting for you man! Keep going.
Nov 30, 2022 8:14 PM

Feb 2021
He needs to see from other perspective so that He can understand and develop :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2023 2:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
turned! It's time to learn! kekeke
Jan 13, 2023 6:59 PM
Nov 2013
Hana is the best. When he needed comfort who else is the best to turn to but one's mother?

I still don't feel good about this change to defender. It very much feels like a 'shut up and do what I say because I'm an adult and you're a child' sort of play. And it is. The coach but may be right, but the way he went about it isn't. I would have liked Aoi to come to that conclusion himself.
Apr 4, 2023 6:03 PM

Mar 2013
I hate this episode with a passion. As someone as a past Football player hearing this news kills any and all dreams u ever had.
Some players have changed positions and they did after knowing and learning the reason. 

You cant just force someone to play a position without any details or vision after KILLING his future. 
Hope the show gets better or i am so dropping this. 
Aug 17, 2023 11:58 AM
Aug 2022
Woow ossan turns out the be a monster. What a heartless demon, planning his evil deeds from the very beginning like he's the one paying the bills.
This is getting interesting. 

What's the deal with the meal plan dude, emphasis on that is soo stupid, I literally loled.

Oct 29, 2023 2:13 AM

Dec 2022
If only Aoi had high technique and athletic ability he would have become a monster with his spatial awareness as a forward.
Nov 26, 2023 10:06 AM
Nov 2023
This is an amazing sports anime masterpiece, which opened up and increased my knowledge, especially in terms of football, now I as an observer found Ashito in Trent Alexander Arnold (an English footballer) playing for the Liverpool club, before I didn't really mind it, but after seeing this anime I feel that my view of football is the same as the character "Anri" in this anime which is oriented towards strengthening the midfield, and now I know how strong the influence of a wing defender who can play at different levels is. Currently, even according to what is in this anime, Liverpool and Trent Alexander Arnold show their fangs with the playing style shown in this anime, so in my opinion "this is a very amazing anime, which can change your view of football, 10/10 "I hope to deliver the next season as soon as possible. Thank You.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.