Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 8, 2022 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
It's back! After the short break, we got Kazuya Souma along with Liscia, Aisha, and others returning.

Looks like the episode is back with some political drama and negotiation again. By now, Kazuya seems more experienced than before. Good to also see Jeanne again.

Seems they're starting season 2 somewhat slow but also establishing the main cast again.
Jan 8, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 2018
Was it a flashback from princess? No matter how many times I see this chara Junna Doma design somehow makes me disappointed, Looks like Amidonia is borrowing some power. I thought Ousama was sick or something, apparently Ousama was there and chatting casually with his wife. Genkoku is a anime with detailed royal explanations, it's quite hard to understanding for me. As expected of the king's secretary, Hakuya really did his job as well. Seeing Junna Doma in military uniform is something interesting, even though it's covered but yeah she can't hide those oppai. The initial story is to reconstruct the city.

-=Kingdom of Elfrieden=-
Population: Approximately 2 million
Capital: Parnham, the royal capital

A multi-ethnic nation where various races coexist. The human race is the king, but a three-government system is in place to prevent the human race from dominating. The three dukes are non-human species. The three dukes are appointed by races other than humans, and are in charge of the three armies of land, sea, and air. They are in charge of the three armies of land, sea, and air.

This conversation seems quite intense, this Julius is quite stubborn, They blamed each other, and said that Souma did not deserve to be king. The report that Hakuya gave was enough to make this conversation have a good ending for Souma. This is all the kingdom's fault, the people are being tormented.This Julius was really getting emotional, Julis almost pointed his sword at Souma. It seemed that Souma was giving advice but that was detrimental to Julius' side. Even so Julius was really getting emotional but basically they only had one choice which was to agree with Souma's suggestion. Jeanne really has a good nature for negotiation unlike Julius. It seems that this Jeanne has met with Lisia. To make things less awkward, Souma started a conversation with Jeanne's relationship with Lisia. It was quite effective and made the atmosphere a more calm.

Celina? What does Elfriden have to do with Celina and the maid? Didn't really understand what Celina and Souma were talking about. So basically Celina is going to convince Julius, huh? It seems that the decision was opposed by Lisia and Hakuya, a sake? Switching places to change the atmosphere, see ya next week. For ED song, hmmm ..

Jan 8, 2022 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
The 2nd Cour continuation of last Summer's Realist Hero, and Kazuya's kingdom reforming journey continues.

Inori Minase's 2nd OP feels fine, a downgrade from the 1st...but the foreshadowing though. At least the ED was an improvement overall, even if it still featured PowerPoint-like visuals.

It's been awhile since Kazuya's Kingdom of Elfrieden has won over Gaius the VIII in the takeover of the city of Van, but the reforms will not be easy with people's feedback for improvements and its location as a united military front on the frontlines. The only problem is the Crown Prince Julius of the Principality of Amidonia, and returning Van to the Gran Chaos Empire should the nook and cranny arise in kingdom politics.

Facing Jeanne and Julius Euphoria in an Empire stake-out, Kazuya stabbing Julius in every corner where he can find fault with him with his political negotiation talk, it was intense to decide who will be reigning the lands with facts. Nothing but the facts, which every proceeding argument only riles Julius more in a failure and breakdown of negotiations. The funny part is that Kazuya getting soft on his rules and such on liqueur towards Julius for hospitality.

More negotiations to come.
KANLen09Jan 8, 2022 10:57 AM
Jan 8, 2022 9:34 AM

Apr 2010
Well as expected the negotiations where nice to watch, Souma procking Julius was nice.
Jeanne was also a nice addition this episode in any case it seems they are reaching a agreement which is a good thing.
The novel was pretty nice at this part so i am looking forward how they will animate the next part it should be nice.
Jan 8, 2022 10:00 AM

May 2020
Back after 3 months, and so the usual cast. And seems like Souma became much more good in negotiations now.

For a re-introductory episode it was decent, aligning with the usual atmosphere of the series. Also I prefer those first OP and ED over the new ones.
Jan 8, 2022 10:01 AM

Feb 2021
Meh it was ok, I liked the whole negotiation thing, I don't have many expectations but S1 at least for me took a interesting turn with the whole war and everything, so I will continue watching this.
Jan 8, 2022 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
Nice to see Liscia again.

At least for me, Terakawa Aimi's ED is going to be one of the best ED from this season.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 8, 2022 10:14 AM
Oct 2016
Returning to the fantasy world with the most political intrigue imaginable. Kazuya fresh off taking the city of Van now has to try and deal with the grand chaos empire wanting to help amidonia get their capital back. While also trying to restore this city after the corrupt military focused government ran the people into the ground and treated them horribly. The beginning of the episode reaffirmed how powerful the empire is and that they can't be dealt with so easily. Kazuya needs the empress to be the rallying cry or the poster child per se for defeating the demon lord eventually. So he does need the empire's help, here's where revealing how awful amidonia was being treated by their government comes into play. Kazuya can woo the empire to his side by showing them amidonia deeds that they should side with him instead of these corrupt bastards. Who also tried to incite civil unrest in Kazuya kingdom. I love how he talked down to Julius the amidonia Prince who's trying to use that treaty to fain help from the Empire all while being a total scumbag under the surface. Kazuya holds a lot of the cards here but must still be careful of the Empire turning sour
Jan 8, 2022 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
The best aspect of this anime is food streaming and when Souma use his doll to go adventure anonymously with casual party. I'm just tired of politics from real world so I don't want to see it in anime too.
Jan 8, 2022 10:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to finally see this return. From the opening that was performed excellently by Inori once again looks like Souma will have it tough this time around. But only of he's alone that is. Giving the people the choice is always a good first step especially given that its their city. Souma's read on the economy as ever is impressive. Engraving the bridges to rub it into the former princes faction was a amusingly cunning move. The meeting between Souma and co and Jeanne and Julius though was pretty interesting in showing the different sides that Souma had as well as Jeanne's skill at ensuring agenda direction. The key to winning negotiations is always intel to which Souma clearly prepared well ahead of time. The chit chat between Souma and Jeanne was a nice icebreaker though. Overall an excellent ep that did well to reintroduce us to Souma and company as well as the tricky situation that they find themselves in as a result of the brief war with the Amidonians. Curious to see what will be decided in the meeting. Off topic Julius is better off passed out anyway. From the visuals looks like we'll be meeting plenty of new characters this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2022 10:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great it's back, and lol Amidonia crying to get their territory back since Elfriden got Van and basically improved it but now Julius is becoming crazy because Souma is 10 times more intelligent than him xD I love this situation
Jan 8, 2022 11:05 AM
May 2021
Hmm,interesting. Now that Julius is out, the real negotiation will begin.

Jan 8, 2022 11:45 AM

Jun 2021
It definitely feels like they gave this show a bit of an increase in budget from its popularity, but not much, lol. At least the ED has pictures this time, even if it's still just a slideshow.

Otherwise, I'm just generally excited to see the return of this series, it was one of my favorites from the summer.
Jan 8, 2022 12:03 PM

Jun 2019
Well, our realist hero, Souma Kazuya is back and looks like he hasn't forgotten his way with words. He's still acting as the king and on top of that, he's doing a pretty good job. It's nice to see all of them once again.

Missing some of the faces in the first episode but I'm sure we'll get to see them soon enough. OP and ED are good.
Jan 8, 2022 12:33 PM

Dec 2016
Meh, pretty lackluster beginning for me.

First season was quite engaging in presenting the problems of the kingdom and Souma presenting solutions the incompetent regimen would not even think of. But now, it's all just boring redundant diplomatic giberish placing Souma as the arrogant conqueror and Julius as a dumb brat that can't even pull out two coherent words together to retort Souma's arrogance (aka one character is smarter because the other is just stupid).

I feel like nothing absolutely happened and the first half of the episode was just padding to present the grand entrance of Julius & jean and still the actual negotiation was relegated with boring chattering about strong liquor, but I guess they have to cram somehow the "cheap" world building with tell don't show.

Hope the future episodes go back to the roots of what made season 1 quite enjoyable.
Jan 8, 2022 12:47 PM

Feb 2019
Damn souma is savage. Dude absolutely tore the Amidonian delegation a new one. Great to see the gang back after the split cour.
Jan 8, 2022 2:44 PM

Jun 2021
Juna and Liscia are the best <3 I like this anime :) it's entertaining
Jan 8, 2022 3:13 PM

Jul 2021
It's finally back!
I was really looking forward to the return of the anime, and we're back with Souma giving a class on how to negotiate.
I am curious to know what proposal he will present.
asdasdsadad
Jan 8, 2022 3:29 PM
Oct 2013
Good start, i'm glad this show is back quickly!
Jan 8, 2022 3:41 PM

Jun 2021
The ending is so beautiful! Love that song and the pictures behind <3
Jan 8, 2022 3:46 PM
Jul 2021
Good episode but man a lot of Diplomacy, which I don't mind and I know this show is heavy on that But I was hoping for a more exciting opener. Lol I watched the dub for Part 1 and now that I'm watching Sub it's cool to hear Subaru's voice actor. Also we need more Excel Walter and Juna Doma, Aisha is epic too.
Jan 8, 2022 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
A little debate and focusing in Souma and their soldiers, nothing special.

Like a new event or something out of the ordinary bringing new things to the plot, it was a pretty stopped episode without much of anything relevant.
Jan 8, 2022 5:23 PM

Apr 2018
It's finally back and we were able to see most of the main cast. Negotation has started with the Empire to return Van and the cliffhangers are as good as always. Great OP and ED.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 8, 2022 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
The empire either corrupt or fool, or got some superior and treaty motives.
Otherwise no high ranking nations do like fools.

The waifu's are great as always.
Jan 8, 2022 7:21 PM

Aug 2020
Souma Kazuya is back once again. The story so far is negotiating. I'm afraid I don't quite remember what happened last season besides they won the war. As the 2nd part aired, I'm quite relieved that some things stayed the same such as the art style and animation is still great. As far as I remember it is still a pretty good show. I'd be glad to watch this every week again.
KhunimeJan 8, 2022 7:53 PM

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 8, 2022 8:19 PM
Jun 2021
Im loving this anime is so fun to watch.
Jan 8, 2022 8:32 PM

Sep 2020
one of the enjoyable animes of the season is back again
i hope they dont give van back to amidonia and hold it
Jan 8, 2022 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
I really enjoyed this opening episode. What this series does, it does well. Dialogue is witty and fun. Much more so than most iei. This is also one of the few isekei that I can actually recommend to anyone, because they keep it classy.
Jan 8, 2022 9:32 PM
Sep 2019
the show is back, and the feel hasn't changed a little bit, souma being souma with the politics, and some jokes. Epic
Jan 8, 2022 10:11 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty allright start to second season, hopefully Souma's negotiation will go well. OP/ED were both okay.
Jan 8, 2022 10:31 PM

Oct 2016
Good to have our kingdom building anime back.

Goddamn, Souma destroyed Julius with facts and logic. If Jeanne wasn't there, he probably would have been killed by Aisha now lmao.

Man, just when I was really getting in to Jeanne and Souma's negotiations, the fucking credits rolled.
Jan 9, 2022 1:27 AM

Sep 2015
Good first episode. Thank god! If they would have started the season with something really dull that would be the tone for the entire season, glad it did not.
Jan 9, 2022 4:36 AM

Apr 2015
How is this show SOOOO GOOOOD???!? Not a BIT of action or sakuga, but I was completely entertained.

This is what great writing can do. And a bit of love for "slice of life" in your soul.
Jan 9, 2022 5:02 AM
Nov 2010
I really enjoyed the first season and so far the secobd is going great too.
Jan 9, 2022 6:13 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We are finally back! We got to see more Juna, Liscia and Aisha which was nice and negotiations for land are happening already! Julius really is a coward...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 9, 2022 7:04 AM
Feb 2021
souya became more dominant with his confident
Jan 9, 2022 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
Sighh they started with pointless small talks and jokes that kinda drag this whole negotiation. But I know what to expect so I'm less disappointed now
Jan 9, 2022 1:32 PM

May 2018
Julius making quite the fool of himself eh?
Jan 10, 2022 4:38 AM

Feb 2015
Whats the point of Liscia? She now looks like a 15 year old boy and offered nothing in terms of talent or plot other than being a princess. All the other cast are far more intresting than her.

It was a pretty poor first episode, lots of talking no w of which was particularly interesting. Animation was sub par at best.
CrashmattJan 11, 2022 8:55 AM
Jan 10, 2022 9:21 AM

Jan 2018
I didn't think this anime would receive a 2nd season. But here we are. Hopefully the animation will get better. I've recently finished watching 2 other anime with horrible animation (Shinka no Mi and Saihate no Paladin) so Realist Hero actually feels like an upgrade comparatively. I can't tell if in this first episode the animation's already better than season 1 for this. But I did notice some odd frames.

Enough whining about the animation. I thought Aisha sounded familiar and what do you know. The seiyuu also voiced Lena from 86!

Kazuya (who has the same seiyuu as Subaru) roasts a character named "Julius". How the turntables. I still can't get over the fact that Kazuya sounds like a very calm Natsuki Subaru damn.

The strategy of renaming the bridges was impeccable. Well if Amidonia doesn't decide to just keep the bridges instead of destroying them like they predicted.
Jan 10, 2022 9:39 PM
Aug 2018
Crashmatt said:
Whats the point of Liscia? She noe looks like a 15 year old boy and offered nothing in terms of talent or plot other than being a princess. All the other cast are far more intresting than her.

It was a pretty poor first episode, lots of talking no w of which was particularly interesting. Animation was sub par at best.
this is good anime
Jan 11, 2022 2:14 PM
Jan 2021
yay. more political drama in anime... the best mixture. i was really waiting for this anime.
Jan 11, 2022 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
It's back so fast, this 2nd part seems promising. I wonder how they will negotiate and on what terms, since it's probably one of those rare cases when a place was occupied and lives a better life now lol
Can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 11, 2022 11:27 PM
Jan 2021
those who know from political or military administration, if they see this anime, they will burn their brain cells from the cringe!!! 3/10
Jan 13, 2022 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah if y'all like this. For reals plz read the manga! It goes away more in depth and just feels more intense and stuff, the anime is a little boring compared to it.

Also I think they messed up in the part where Jeanne says she never scored a hit on Liscia. In the manga it shows that Liscia never scored a hit on Jeanne and she even confirms that. But Jeanne did say Aisha was strong.

So Jeanne and Aisha even and Liscia a little weaker.

Anyways I don't mind all the missing content in the anime cause it's like a speed run of manga and LN. The op and ed show many new characters and hints at some relationships and stuff to come that even the manga hasn't gotten to yet.

So this anime will probably pass the manga soon and speed run the LN.
Jan 13, 2022 5:21 AM

Apr 2017
Episode 1 started strong imo, I enjoyed the small flashback instead of having to search on Youtube for a recap. I can't wait for more, and again like i said before on the first seasons discussion: I hope they don't rush the demon king fight, i like the slow burn of the show, it gives you time to think about the situation presented like for example with the negotiations.

L + RATIO + DIDN'T ASK + ELITIST + NOBODY CARES + FOLDED + U FELL OFF + CRY
Jan 13, 2022 5:24 AM

Apr 2017
DoobieSam said:
I really enjoyed this opening episode. What this series does, it does well. Dialogue is witty and fun. Much more so than most iei. This is also one of the few isekei that I can actually recommend to anyone, because they keep it classy.

Exactly this!! Haven't seen a lot of Isekai that i would wholeheartedly recommend, this one is definitly one of the animes i would.
 L + RATIO + DIDN'T ASK + ELITIST + NOBODY CARES + FOLDED + U FELL OFF + CRY
Jan 13, 2022 7:32 AM
Jul 2020
Finally, one of the anime I've been waiting for in Winter 2022. I think this anime is very good, not focusing on action but politics and brains, I like things like this. Hopefully in the future there will be a romantic scene between Souma Kazuya and Liscia Elfrieden, I'm looking forward to that.

Jan 17, 2022 6:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, finally i am reaching this series again. Overall there's nothing that much happening on these first episode. Half episode trying to regain all the memories from the first part. While the second was absolutely just political talk and other bits between Souma and his guest. Well, just ignore the other guest, because him was unimportant. The op visual looks interesting with some new character. Can't wait forJulius little sister to join harem. Ehm...

Interesting information from the former queen about the outcome from that other time. I am sure its not that mentioned before, so its kinda intriguing me what kind of result and mean that other time are...

Other than that, this is a pretty fine start.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 22, 2022 5:25 PM

Nov 2019
nice recap of the ongoing territorial dispute, a lot of back and forth chatter so not much in the way of direct story development. Will stick this one out
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

157 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2022

67 by xxpikachu15 »»
Mar 12, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

53 by Smurf_1 »»
Feb 14, 4:35 PM

» which chapter from the manga did the anime end?

sondongpyo - Apr 3, 2022

15 by Scootboi »»
Jan 31, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

38 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.