Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2022 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
In a world with different ideals, it's obvious not everyone will just agree with Souma. Yet he does try to bring some peace and hope for refugees.

Souma came as a genuine caring person from this episode though, for the people.
Mar 19, 2022 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
Well Souma made a good offer to the refugees, being able to rebuild their life in the new city.
Anyway i believe Souma was a bit more of a men in the LN in the ending still lets hope things will light up in the bedroom soon for them.

Still it's nice to see that he is thinking of the less fortunate as well.
Mar 19, 2022 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
Refugee story with a happy ending only exist in fiction.
In fact, I don't even consider this outcome good because the refugee leader (which is hot) is still go back to fight for his homeland, his fate is unknown. But there's a reason to be optimistic, Demon Land is still a wild card, if they're able to communicate with other species (with the help of Tomoe), then there's a high chance of peace negotiation.
Mar 19, 2022 11:14 AM
May 2017
"There's an emergency. Someone is in labour and the mother is in danger"

The doctors : let's have a lengthy discussion right here first
Rytakahashi09Mar 19, 2022 12:14 PM
Mar 19, 2022 11:18 AM

Feb 2019
I really dislike how much of a nonchalant asshole souma has become tbh. Yes I get the realist aspect thing but he still feels like a dick. Glad Carla checked him about that.
Mar 19, 2022 11:45 AM
Oct 2016
Tackling the refugee problem head on. Souma laying down the ultimatum to the chief. Either become citizens and live in this country, or leave. Can't just let the refugees keep rummaging through the land whilst breaking laws of such land. Its a harsh decision being forced upon them but its a necessary one to get a solution to this problem. Souma had his hands full with other things before as we've seen international issues have taken most of his time but now all that's settled and unified the domestic agenda takes front attention. Just set a solution for slavery in motion, spoke about sanitation in cities and quality of life now refugees have to be dealt with. Another harsh way to put it I know and Souma is dealing with this issue in probably the cruelest way thus far the points he brings up show why it has to be a quick and harsh decision. Winter is coming, literally, and if this refugee camp is just set up like it is then many of them will freeze and die. The baby being born there reinforced Souma other point of the children born to this country will feel attached to it and then ripped away off to their forefathers homeland if its ever taken back from the demon Lord. There would be even greater disconnect and pain caused in that situation than if the refugees just become citizens of Fredonia now and move to the brand new port city Souma is having built. So the ones who agree just have to bite the bullet and make that decision, while others will return north and fight the demon Lord forces. Its a harsh solution but a necessary one.
Mar 19, 2022 11:55 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Souma worked out a deal to provide those who have lost their country with food and shelter. There was a baby emergency but the mother and the baby both survived. And Liscia suggested they make one tonight to which Souma refused lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 19, 2022 11:56 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Whichever world you're in conflict and strife would always create refugee's thats the inevitable result of human ambitions. The meeting with the refugee leaders really presented a lot of harsh realities for us. Yet Souma trying to understand them by using his own experiences showed well his ability to be understand the plight of others. Though Komain's views differ with her bro it reflected well on her loyalty to their homeland. The emergency birth while a close call showed well how dire the situation at the camp was. While the bro heading north to join the war effort and leaving Komain to lead was kind of harsh him taking the hardliners north with him will take a lot of pressure of her while she unites her people. Fuku was a pretty nice name. Liscia trying to start her own family after seeing a baby born was pretty cute but given how long they been together now is too be expected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2022 12:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Refugees condition hmm, it's a very relevant subject, well at least everything ended well, even the difficult childbirth
Mar 19, 2022 12:29 PM

Nov 2011
Nice episode. Nice to see them bring back the Port city as well.

Liscia trying to have her own baby as well...GET IT GURL!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 19, 2022 1:08 PM
Oct 2021
Rytakahashi09 said:
"There's an emergency. Someone is in labour and the mother is in danger"

The doctors : let's have a lengthy discussion right here first

how about you learn how a doctor performs surgery if the doctors didn't talk things out many things during surgery could go wrong. Its very crucial for the medical staff in OT to be on the same page
Mar 19, 2022 2:02 PM

May 2016
Man this guy is so fucking lame. LMFAO.

Also i don't get the whole native american land thing. They didn't want to become citizens because they couldn't go back? Or did i misunderstand? Coudln't they just stay until they beat the demons and go back? they aren't held hostage.

Also where are the demons? 2 season in and still nothing about the demons taking over the world....
Mar 19, 2022 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
That Carla outburst felt so out of place. Well what can expect from anime original changes.
Mar 19, 2022 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
These last few eps have been kinda slow and almost lacking interest, but at the same time are strangely satisfying to watch.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 19, 2022 11:17 PM

Jan 2013
What a timing with this whole refugees episodes, couldn't have been more accurate.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 20, 2022 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
This episode's focus on refugees, really, with the Russia-Ukraine war right now, it's telling.

Souma, Liscia, Hilde and Owen meeting the refugee Settlement of Parnam with head chief siblings Jirukoma and Komain whom their lives and homes have been thwarted by the demons, they can't stay in this state forever with legality threatening to tear them apart if this is not settled.

Souma has 2 choices for them: be part of Friedonia, or be expelled to foreign territories that could do more harm than Souma's kingdom. This, to people whom their land has been considered sacred, this almost feels like blatant disrespect. Souma's idea of a kingdom settlement for the people of Parnam has benefits and drawbacks, but it's the people whom will make the final decision to divide their own people.

Doctors Hilde and Brad expect the worst from a newborn mother having a transverse birth, and though they aren't prepared for something like this, they will have to do it to save lives and make way for the new generation, which Jirukoma is giving Komain the current plot of land to preserve their home identity while he moves forward with Souma's plan.

Of course, Souma better watch out his words in an era where things like that aren't as technically advanced, and Carla shot him down straightaway when he took childbirth lightly. To crown the newborn with a name from a king, I guess this is a special occasion.

Liscia is really hinting Souma for one though...
Mar 20, 2022 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
two more episodes of talking simulator left. at least this week had some real world relevance. Souma isn't an easy character to.like and constantly comes across as a know it all, most of his speeches are more like lectures. Licia continues to be a terrible character.
Mar 20, 2022 8:05 PM
Aug 2018
Crashmatt said:
two more episodes of talking simulator left. at least this week had some real world relevance. Souma isn't an easy character to.like and constantly comes across as a know it all, most of his speeches are more like lectures. Licia continues to be a terrible character.
u cnnt force other to believe u ,if u not like then ignore
Mar 21, 2022 6:16 AM
Feb 2021
Carla continues to be an idiot. Woman or baby would likely be dead. Souma is a young guy who does not any personal experience so he did learn something much more personal about childbirth, but Carla can STFU.

They haven't learned how to turn a baby inside the womb? Doesn't always work, but they didn't seem to even consider it.

Damn, that was an awful lot of blood on those surgical gowns. Maybe those two aren't the medical geniuses we've been led to believe.

Why does Souma keep putting off his duty to sire an heir?
Mar 21, 2022 3:36 PM

May 2018
ok episode. The refugee focus was nice but dedicating a lot of the episode to giving birth was strange.
Mar 21, 2022 4:11 PM

May 2018
antonn said:
That Carla outburst felt so out of place. Well what can expect from anime original changes.

It was an anime original part? No wonder it did not feel like Carla's character at all
Mar 21, 2022 6:48 PM

Apr 2010
Byniavo said:
antonn said:

It was an anime original part? No wonder it did not feel like Carla's character at all

It was. I quoted the novel somewhere else, because not only was the scene different, Souma was actually supposed to explain why he hasn't been getting it on with his wives yet, like some other posters have been wanting him to do.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2002078&show=0#msg65944796
antonnMar 21, 2022 6:54 PM
Mar 24, 2022 8:39 PM
Mar 2012
Souma or chaos empire both interesting handling of refugees, have them work & develop designated land is quite useful. Wont work on most irl countries since they're densely developed already and refugees continuously arrive.
Baby part seems random but sorta deals with generational issues rather far in the future.
Mar 24, 2022 10:25 PM

Sep 2016
Souma should've told her about organ transplant. If she was that vocal about a small cut on a woman's belly, imagine a heart transplant, if she knows about that she would die lol.
bruh
Mar 27, 2022 8:11 PM
Mar 2022
Marinate1016 said:
I really dislike how much of a nonchalant asshole souma has become tbh. Yes I get the realist aspect thing but he still feels like a dick. Glad Carla checked him about that.
tf is you talking about.. If anything, souma was a bitch for not holding his ground. He said nothing wrong, where he is from, C-section are common and the mother survives 99% of the time.. Not only that, homeboy knew that wolf chick for like 30 seconds before she asked him to be a godfather and name her kid.. Like wtf? I'm guessing the dad died protecting the family/community yet Carla talking about "how would you like to get cut open even if it's 100% successful." The dad was probably cut open with 0% chance of survival on the battlefield soo. Souma don't even know her name... How is that his responsibility to name a kid? Even worse, Carla fires of a "even a man can do that much, right?" smfh
Mar 27, 2022 8:11 PM

Feb 2019
Unholyhoney said:
Marinate1016 said:
tf is you talking about.. If anything, souma was a bitch for not holding his ground. He said nothing wrong, where he is from, C-section are common and the mother survives 99% of the time.. Not only that, homeboy knew that wolf chick for like 30 seconds before she asked him to be a godfather and name her kid.. Like wtf? I'm guessing the dad died protecting the family/community yet Carla talking about "how would you like to get cut open even if it's 100% successful." The dad was probably cut open with 0% chance of survival on the battlefield soo. Souma don't even know her name... How is that his responsibility to name a kid? Even worse, Carla fires of a "even a man can do that much, right?" smfh

Not reading all that sadly
Mar 27, 2022 8:56 PM
Mar 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Unholyhoney said:

Not reading all that sadly
suite yourself. Just a simple rebuttal.
Mar 29, 2022 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
antonn said:
Byniavo said:

It was. I quoted the novel somewhere else, because not only was the scene different, Souma was actually supposed to explain why he hasn't been getting it on with his wives yet, like some other posters have been wanting him to do.
Can you tell me more about this? That whole Carla feminist tirade isn't in the LN at all? This is Funimation levels of stupidity if that's true.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 29, 2022 2:25 AM

Jan 2013
This episode just lost a full point on my overall rating, completely tone deaf feminist virtue signaling. They made this mf apologize for being a man.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 29, 2022 2:34 AM
Aug 2018
LostSpectre said:
This episode just lost a full point on my overall rating, completely tone deaf feminist virtue signaling. They made this mf apologize for being a man.
if u donot like just ignore, u cannot force others to believe u or change their opinion, u have no right to interfere
Mar 29, 2022 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
Sayan_Pal said:
LostSpectre said:
if u donot like just ignore, u cannot force others to believe u or change their opinion, u have no right to interfere
I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.
Mar 29, 2022 7:09 AM

Apr 2010
LostSpectre said:
antonn said:

Can you tell me more about this? That whole Carla feminist tirade isn't in the LN at all? This is Funimation levels of stupidity if that's true.

Correct. As I said, I quoted that scene from the novel so you can see for yourself in the link.
There's no Carla outburst at all. In the LN Souma only mentions c-section in a larger point that due to their increasing medical knowledge that it's more safe to give birth now than it used to be in the past, he wasn't making light of pregnancy or w/e the anime wanted to change it into.
Mar 29, 2022 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
antonn said:
LostSpectre said:

Correct. As I said, I quoted that scene from the novel so you can see for yourself in the link.
There's no Carla outburst at all. In the LN Souma only mentions c-section in a larger point that due to their increasing medical knowledge that it's more safe to give birth now than it used to be in the past, he wasn't making light of pregnancy or w/e the anime wanted to change it into.
You're right, you did already say that there wasn't anything else to that scene. I'm absolutely baffled at the inclusion of this dialogue in the anime, it's such a needlessly sexist scene, and it completely goes against the established tone. Souma acts completely nonchalant about the danger to the mother's life because that is our cue as the viewer that there's no reason to be worried, that everything will be fine. Then, the writers turn around and try to berate him for taking childbirth too lightly? LOL
Mar 30, 2022 5:17 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Intriguing how they used american indian as a chief because Souma choices kinda related to 'that'. But ofc Souma offer sounds more realistic and understandable then its not even looks forced because you know its a must regarding the incoming winter, to put an end to the issue asap. To make things more works for the both side and smooth with the decision making, Brad arrived telling those fine people to get out because he's trying to held a C-section surgery after that. Poor Carla had a worst day having to work a multitask job there; guard, messenger, courier, assistant doctor, and, don't forget about maid. So, i can't help but understand she suddenly got an outburst responding Souma words like that, even if its not included in the source. Guess the scriptwriter had a pity toward Carla so that's the result of her 'out of character' xd.

But anyway, enough of that, i don't really bringing up a problem over it. So that little fun bits of Souma shying away over Liscia talk about making baby kinda be a good closing through the episode. Two more...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 30, 2022 7:09 PM
Aug 2018
badabass said:
Intriguing how they used american indian as a chief because Souma choices kinda related to 'that'. But ofc Souma offer sounds more realistic and understandable then its not even looks forced because you know its a must regarding the incoming winter, to put an end to the issue asap. To make things more works for the both side and smooth with the decision making, Brad arrived telling those fine people to get out because he's trying to held a C-section surgery after that. Poor Carla had a worst day having to work a multitask job there; guard, messenger, courier, assistant doctor, and, don't forget about maid. So, i can't help but understand she suddenly got an outburst responding Souma words like that, even if its not included in the source. Guess the scriptwriter had a pity toward Carla so that's the result of her 'out of character' xd.

But anyway, enough of that, i don't really bringing up a problem over it. So that little fun bits of Souma shying away over Liscia talk about making baby kinda be a good closing through the episode. Two more...
it may get another season
Apr 2, 2022 4:33 AM

May 2020
Can say even i wasn't too happy when Souma shoved away the seriousness of that surgery, out of place or whatever I guess what Carla did was right. Also seems like he's going to have some busy days from on( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
May 7, 2022 10:30 AM

Dec 2018
this show's become incredibly campy lately. i don't like it.
i mean did i really just watch "anchor baby: the anime"
and has the "realist" ever been a realist? i haven't felt any tension for a while in this show, it was always kind of goofy but it's really jumped the shark, and only on it's second cour.
RIP
StateofOhayoMay 7, 2022 10:35 AM
May 25, 2022 3:31 AM

Jan 2018
For all we know, the demons could be refugees from another land. Kind of a wild idea.

I wish real-world refugee problems could be solved as easily as in this anime.
Jun 3, 2022 2:20 AM

Jul 2015
Perhaps only me and while I know Souma had the best intentions by naming the kid Fuku, it sounds too similar to a certain english curse word for me to take it seriously lol.

Jun 18, 2022 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
I can get why Souma wants them to make a decision, but both the Gran Chaos and him have different ways to deal with people.

I honestly don't get why Carla got riled up when Souma said C-Sections have a high percent survivability in his world. Maybe because she saw so much blood? I don't think he's taken light of the operation because I think he knows the operation has a high success rate with the two doctors. If he knows history, there are things much more serious and dangerous operation, like operating on a brain, heart surgery/transplant, operating on conjoined twins and more.
MagitoJun 18, 2022 6:10 AM
Nov 3, 2022 4:51 PM

Jul 2019
Marinate1016 said:

No, that was just unnecessary aggression. All he did was say there is a high rate of success where he came from. Carla is the only one who got triggered by that trivial fact. He nevere diminished the risks or burdens associated with it. That's just typical female overreacting over a harmless statement.

EDIT: Bonus points from other's bringing up the fact the LN didn't even include that nonsense. I agree it seems someone somewhere wanted to stuff some feminist BS into this version of the story.
Krazie316Nov 3, 2022 4:56 PM
Nov 3, 2022 5:39 PM

Feb 2019
Krazie316 said:
Marinate1016 said:

No, that was just unnecessary aggression. All he did was say there is a high rate of success where he came from. Carla is the only one who got triggered by that trivial fact. He nevere diminished the risks or burdens associated with it. That's just typical female overreacting over a harmless statement.

EDIT: Bonus points from other's bringing up the fact the LN didn't even include that nonsense. I agree it seems someone somewhere wanted to stuff some feminist BS into this version of the story.

No way you’re replying to a year old thread. I do not care
Dec 12, 2022 10:51 PM

May 2020
Refugees! Oho, he gave a choice of either becoming the citizens of Friedonia or leaving. Then comes the pregnant lady's operation. The talks of making a baby still makes Souma hesitate and Carla blush.
Jan 12, 2023 10:15 AM

Aug 2018
We haven't seen so many dwarves I think, by the way?.. They were mentioned here and there, like at start of this episode as well.. But I don't remember seeing many characters of them.. I hope we'll maybe see more with time.. Not like I'm fan of them or something.. I have no idea, which "race" I'm more interested in, or fan of, or something..
Feb 8, 2023 2:56 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, the Carla outbreak was stupid. I never once thought in my mind that Souma was taking childbirth lightly but rather just  speaking facts from his world that the success rate is high to ease worry. 
May 13, 2023 10:28 PM

Nov 2022
Interesting that this show would touch on all the economic evils in a magical society. Magic itself cannot solve all the ills in the human condition, but it does have its uses.
Jul 1, 2023 3:33 AM
Dec 2022
Souma helped out in a pregnant refugee who is giving birth. He named the baby boy 'Fuku' meaning happiness. Liscia asks if they should start having one tonight.
Nov 26, 2023 5:07 AM

Mar 2013
The message of Souma when he talked about things with those refugees was quite resounding.

Leave this land and go to your homeland or be the citizens of their kingdom... or something like that. It was truly bittersweet.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 4, 2023 8:07 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, not everyone's agreeing with him. Does he not see the good in it?
Jan 23, 3:32 AM

Jan 2019
Re-watching this anime right now and this episode is beyond dumb.

The fact that they simplified what a "refugee" is to the most childish level, while randomly having leaders of the camp who are cosplaying as Native American's while everyone else around them wasn't, was just hilarious.

Also, do watch the English dub for ultimate lulz. The Native American brother VA trying hardest to do the stereotypical accent while the sister VA sounds like she can't decide whether to sound like a New Yorker or a Native American made it the best thing ever. That stupid dragon outburst was just way too much of a try-hard moment. Already a terrible character made worse in an instant.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

157 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2022

67 by xxpikachu15 »»
Mar 12, 12:07 PM

» which chapter from the manga did the anime end?

sondongpyo - Apr 3, 2022

15 by Scootboi »»
Jan 31, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

38 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

48 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.