Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Will's adventure and meeting with Meneldor is an important step to his growth imo. We got to see more of their world and his relationship with him.

He's also becoming more and more wise in this show, probably thanks to Augustus' influence.
Nov 13, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
William's depature on his own journey, and danger is still apparent on every corner.

Encountering a wild boar which had been attacked by someone, every living being will appear hostile until proven innocent. And this is the case for the Archer of Beast Woods in the land of Southmark, the silver-haired half-elf negotiator Meneldor (swift flying eagle in Elvish terms). Steak was decent with a fair share between the both of them, while Will asks for directions from Menel from not knowing where to go thereafter.

The divine relevation that Will received from Gracefeel about Menel being involved in a settlement that'll bring about bloodshed, instead he's the true culprit behind the incident. The fight between a fairy-trained half-elf and one that's of warrior-trained brute force, the former's no match for the latter to raid a village where all outcasts live together.

For now, William is at home in the Beast Woods village of Southmark while the hunters and Menel himself come clean with their act. The village elder Tom may be ripe of age, but his judgement isn't impaired by what Menel and his team have done, to question them, then the execution by hanging (even if they have a debt owed to Menel). William, in typical Gus fashion, uses money to buy their argument, and since they have a common archenemy of demons, it wouldn't be right for them to be executed then and there. It's a win-win benefit-risk situation, but Will knows it well to bring unification to this adversity in his devout loyalty to Gracefeel.

With Menel set free from Will hiring him, it's a gamble to have a comrade that'll easily betray, but at least they're on the way to do some demon beast hunting to save villages for a first agenda.

The new arc is starting out alright! Excited to see where this journey will go.
KANLen09Nov 13, 2021 7:55 AM
Nov 13, 2021 6:17 AM

Jun 2019
Well... that was a cool episode. It was fun seeing William getting to meet different people in his journey that has just started for him. Menel is a cool guy but yeah as Will said, he's a sharp tongue. Also, it was cool seeing William saving that village from Menel and flexing his powers a bit.

Loving the dynamic of this new arc. Let's just see where does it take William.
Nov 13, 2021 6:25 AM
Nov 2010
Hence begins Will's 1st time venturing outside the ruins. Met his 1st ally Meneldor, and how he eventually ends up accompanying Will is an interesting one.

To be honest, for some reason, I had thought Meneldor was a female ^^". It's still cool that he got his first ally though.
Nov 13, 2021 6:36 AM

May 2020
Was expecting a bit more from Menel, but no he was just too easy of an opponent for Will.

But ultimately buying him off from those villagers and asking him to accompany, will be interesting to see how well this goes for William.
Nov 13, 2021 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
Softhenic03 said:
Was expecting a bit more from Menel, but no he was just too easy of an opponent for Will.

As a comment on the YT video (Ani-One) said, "Lancers beat Archers all the time". LOL

Also he basically just melee attacked fire to "kill" it. LOLOLOL
Nov 13, 2021 6:56 AM

Oct 2017
Good to finally see the exploration of the world. The new character Menel is quite interesting and the short action scene was okay. Also Will smoothly resolving the situation was nice.
Nov 13, 2021 7:31 AM
Sep 2015
I'm quite satisfied that the protagonist is well educated and has solid mental stability. He's truly blessed by Goddess.
Nov 13, 2021 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
Best episode yet. Will has really taken the role of being a Paladin and I absolutely love it.
When he used the teachings from Mary, Blood, AND Gus (hilarious) to fix an issues, he did it.

Fantastic episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 13, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
My favorite episode so far, I felt like the prologue was really dragging on, but now I can see the potential in this series.
Nov 13, 2021 8:29 AM

Jan 2021
okay episode, really starting to question why it's an Isekai though, apart from that one reference he said about saying sorry I don't think it adds anything to this story by being one.

The fight scenes are very underwhelming but the world building is interesting so I'm still keen to see more.

Nov 13, 2021 9:16 AM

Feb 2013
I'm really loving this anime and I usually don't like Isekai. I just really hope it doesn't turn perverted or into a Harem some how 😂
Nov 13, 2021 9:17 AM
Mar 2021
I liked the fact that we got to see apart of wills journey before he meets allies/foes.
Nov 13, 2021 9:32 AM
Dec 2019
We finally get to see humans. It seems that Will is stronger than most warriors. Meneldor seems like he will be a good travel companion.
Nov 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Sep 2018
I thought the first 5 episodes were really weak, and I only kept on watching because of the light novel's score, but this one was great. I'm very excited for more episodes now!
Nov 13, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2019
Really weird to see will without blood and Mary, but even tho he’s not physically with them, they’re all still with him inside on his journey. Great way to talk himself out of a sticky situation there.
Nov 13, 2021 10:53 AM
Jul 2020
So I was watching the episode and the story and plot so far are great. everything fits in place and goes together, but I cannot help but notice the execution was... bad.
There are times where another simpler option would have made more sense or fit better. So I did a bit of digging.
It's the studio. It's the studio's fault. If you're a manga person, read it.
I personally think it's better than what the anime is currently doing. So yeah, read the manga.
Nov 13, 2021 10:59 AM

Feb 2014
GreggieBoi said:
So I was watching the episode and the story and plot so far are great. everything fits in place and goes together, but I cannot help but notice the execution was... bad.
There are times where another simpler option would have made more sense or fit better. So I did a bit of digging.
It's the studio. It's the studio's fault. If you're a manga person, read it.
I personally think it's better than what the anime is currently doing. So yeah, read the manga.

Yeah something did feel quite lacking. Like the dialogues did not have enough backing. Reading the manga would be better.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 13, 2021 11:01 AM

Apr 2018
Fell asleep so I had to rewatch the episode. It was great though, William's adventure ended up with saving a village and meeting a new comrade who will be his ''blind spot''. He has zero knowlegde over the outside world so Meneldol will be a big help. The fight between them was rather unexpected. Seems like William is probably stronger than most of the humans out there except the specials ones I guess. Everything can be fixed with money as you see. Gus idealogy's are the best xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 13, 2021 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
Heroic MC who isn't annoying... I like it...

It's funny though... It feels like MC has beaten the boss of the game and is now doing side-quests xD. There's always a hope for DLC!
Nov 13, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2017
dabdabgoose said:
okay episode, really starting to question why it's an Isekai though, apart from that one reference he said about saying sorry I don't think it adds anything to this story by being one.

The fight scenes are very underwhelming but the world building is interesting so I'm still keen to see more.

At this point it's just a fantasy anime and the only thing that validates the isekai tag is Will saying he has memories of another life.
Nov 13, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
I don't see Will carrying any bags, yet he has a tent and uhh... a pan out of nowhere?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 13, 2021 12:05 PM
Jan 2021
I’m just happy we’re finally moving on and meeting new characters
Nov 13, 2021 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
I don't see Will carrying any bags, yet he has a tent and uhh... a pan out of nowhere?

He creates them via magic probably.
Nov 13, 2021 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
We finally get to see Will's adventures beyond the ruins, and he now has his first ally in Meneldor. Lol the way he channeled Gus to solve that situation using money was pretty funny. It's nice to see Will using the things he learned from his undead family to help him get by.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 13, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2020
dabdabgoose said:

In my opinion, the experiences that Will remembers from his past life is what quietly drives him to the direction he is heading now and it is what influenced him to make those decisions in the first place.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Nov 13, 2021 2:31 PM
Aug 2013
The start-up wasnt very fast, but I like where this series is heading. Wonder what kind of break point episode 12 will be, but no way that it is done by then.
Nov 13, 2021 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
glad Will's finally off on his adventure. I do feel like the studio isn't really up to the task of doing this justice, so it's really coasting off the source material being good. but the source material judging by this is probably pretty good!

The elf guy is really pretty, it was really hard to tell gender from the OP lol. ah well, still hot. I am looking respectfully at his beautiful archer arms.
Nov 13, 2021 3:03 PM
Mar 2021
This week, money can solve everything lmao. Also the Elf is actually "He", damn i waited for long time just to get trolled by author.

This is Isekai i must watch, this is not a perfect adaptation by seeing the animation and budget, but this is better than any Isekai this season. Good Charracter, World Building, no Harem and more religious. I'm looking forward for next week.
Nov 13, 2021 3:09 PM

May 2010
Deane said:
I thought the first 5 episodes were really weak, and I only kept on watching because of the light novel's score, but this one was great. I'm very excited for more episodes now!
My thoughts exactly.

Also, I think the main char will realize that his undead parents had more "humanity" than any humans he will encounter and find out that they mire be more evil than demons.
Nov 13, 2021 4:01 PM

Sep 2018
There were literally logical gaps everywhere in this story guys, im amazed at how many people "loved it."

Like Will encounters fairy magic which he says he has no experience against and no idea how to deal with, and then he proceeds to overcome it immediately by saying "He doesnt realize that if your muscles are built up enough, you can solve almost any problem by force." Like if that isnt the dumbest headcanon out to defending against an unknown attack then I dont know what is.

Also Meneldor has clearly helped out the villagers in that one village many times, so much so that the chief even mentions it. So how does it make any sense that when Meneldor's village is attacked that it makes ANY sense to conclude to raid the other village instead of asking them for help?!?! Like it doesnt make any sense at all, especially since he's helped them in the past and has leverage due to his hunting abilities.

So far this series has been average at best.
Blanks.
Nov 13, 2021 4:04 PM

Mar 2016
Is no one going to talk about how utterly dumb the logic in this episode was?

So Meneldor’s village was destroyed, and instead of, you know, maybe talking to the neighboring village with which he previously shared friendly relations with and seeking help from it, he and his party decide to attack it instead? Not only that, but everything is just water under the bridge because Will paid some money for them, even though they had committed a crime serious enough to warrant being hanged.

Smh…easily the worst-written episode yet.

Edit: lol, I guess Ballistic beat me to it. At least it looks like someone was actually thinking while watching the episode.
Judgment526Nov 13, 2021 4:09 PM
Nov 13, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, that Elf was a douche at first lol. I'm surprised he went for him after he was cold as hell to him, but holy crap I was not expecting that. Not that he was the "bad" guy(but considering what he was doing he was definitely in that situation) and then for him to stop them all and save them from being hung, very cool. Really liked this episode and it has me more excited for the rest of the season.

I still am pretty bummed about what happened to his family, but I love new party members and I bet he'll help him get even stronger. I wonder who'll join up next, and is there going to be a girl party member I wonder. I've been pretty up and down with this show, the first episode I really liked and then it was back and forth for me after that but this sets up a good back half of the season.

I never read the books so I don't know but I assume part of my feelings on the first part were because the first parts were like the prologue and maybe not even in the books right?(or maybe just a couple paragraphs that they stretched out since I think I read someone say last week was the actual beginning of the story or something.)
Nov 13, 2021 4:27 PM

Nov 2017
Vandesdelca said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

He creates them via magic probably.

Nah,Gus gave him an infinite bag,but it was so full of Gus's infinite money and treasure,poor Will has to buy half elves so he can put his belongings in it :)
Nov 13, 2021 4:32 PM

Nov 2017
DKDiabloLicht said:
I never read the books so I don't know but I assume part of my feelings on the first part were because the first parts were like the prologue and maybe not even in the books right?(or maybe just a couple paragraphs that they stretched out since I think I read someone say last week was the actual beginning of the story or something.)
and you'd be wrong,the first arc is basically about him growing up and learning from Blood,Mary and Gus about the gods and magic and the world in general,this now is where Wills story of his path as a Paladin begins and his adventures and other stuff.
The first arc is quite long and goes into a lot more detail than the anime,but,tbh the adaptions done a pretty good job in keeping most of the pertinent details in play,so to speak
Nov 13, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Will got a companion on this journey that is a great help for him, the plot of Meneldor was well placed in the Villain causing him to be almost killed but was saved by Will.
removed-userNov 13, 2021 4:48 PM
Nov 13, 2021 5:03 PM

Dec 2020
WE MEET NEW CHARACTERS..!!! and they're not either dead or demons !!!!CHEERS!

really fun episode, we have a new friend now, pretty elf guy mentel. supposedly strong too but i wish we could've seen more of that since he got shotdown by will in every single way lol. wonder why he's a lone wondering elf tho
Nov 13, 2021 5:51 PM

Oct 2008
at least i'm diggin' this compared to the meh scarlet nexucks!
3/5

Nov 13, 2021 5:55 PM

Jun 2019
Pretty solid episode. Will and the elf look like they will be a fun duo.
Nov 13, 2021 6:15 PM

Aug 2020
For Will's first journey he met an elf and helped an entire village. He decided to hire the elf and kill the demons in the next neighbouring village. That was a proper journey for starters. It is enjoyable.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 13, 2021 7:24 PM
Apr 2014
I guess we are suppose to believe that Menel is reckless that he doesn't even consider asking the neighbouring village for help first? Meh.
VizNov 13, 2021 7:27 PM
Nov 13, 2021 7:44 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Definitely the world building episode, and an introduction of a new character. Well, even if Menel wasn't really faithful to the god of fairies, at least he got some good use of those power under his hands using those fairies. But, looks like there's something big rather than just that short meet.

Ah, first world problem occured to the faraway paladin. He got some divine revelation, and all the teaching from his parents really worth a shot at those difficult situations. Yeah, Money always solved everything, which made Gus must be proud of Will xd. Its also become a case when he got the new friend. Well, currently he's not that friend first, because he's being paid as a partner for the job to slay some random demon. Yet, at the end, this is a decent beginning to start out the big journey awaits our paladin outside the city of the dead, for me, at least....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Sep 2018
Probably the worst episode yet, the whole village situation was just pretty untidy and "meh" to watch.

Nov 13, 2021 9:00 PM

May 2021
Not that bad build up episode, I liked how it draws from the leassons of the past to make sense of his present behavior. It is pretty clear that this anime lacks intensity though, it doesn't feel like there is something to watch for because everything is at the same level. Some feelings benefit from this, like the melancholic or more blue toned ones, but the ones that are more in the lines of anger or desperation are barely expressed

Nov 13, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2011
this is just a fantasy anime to me hardly anything else really makes any sense to bother calling it other wise

it was okay do enjoy watching him leveling up from titles of warrior priest to i assume something along the lines of a saint by the end lol bless up

though hes kinda overpowered for this kind of basic shit
Nov 13, 2021 10:34 PM
Oct 2021
Pretty boys everywhere
Nov 13, 2021 10:41 PM

Aug 2010
This episode feels kinda rushed, and had too much narration. I do like seeing Paladin Will on action and even referring back to all the lessons he got from his undead family.
Nov 14, 2021 12:29 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Out of all the things Will learned, the most useful is definitely money lmao, based Grandpa Gus. I really like how Will is really living the things he learned from his undead parents. Also, who needs fairy counter strategies when you have muscles.

All this time in the OP I though Menel was a girl, and of course Ayumu Murase is voicing him. I like him though, he's pretty cool. Well, I mean Will is also a girlish looking boy, so I guess Menel fits the party just fine lmao. Looking forward to the next episode, hoping to see Will one shot some demons.
Nov 14, 2021 6:51 AM

Jan 2018
Finally something new is happening! I like this adventurous direction to this story. No clear endgoal for William G. Maryblood for now but that's to be expected.

No animation error in this episode. At least nothing I could spot. Looks good and hopefully the quality will keep improving consistently.
Nov 14, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
I'm very much continuing to like Will's characterisation as he steps out into the world and moves forward. He's got strong moral convictions, but he's also astute enough to caredully approach interactions with new characters like Meneldor and maneuvre the situation towards the outcome he desires.

And Meneldor is an interesting new addition to the cast, a hunter fallen on hard times and forced by those circumstances into a situation where he's working for Will as a mercenary (though I imagine that relationship will equalise somewhat once they've handled the demons in his village).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

86 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.