Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 3, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Even as the finale, it seems they really wanted to show the personalities of the cast, especially for Meneldor.

We also got a monster fight, something looks kinda RPG-ish with Will and Meneldor being the adventurers. I like Will's determination though. It seems he really wanted to prove himself. Season 2 is obviously in production so I'm kinda looking forward to see how they'll expand this franchise's story, at least on the anime side.

Jul 2017
The conflict between Will and Menel was THE one scene I was looking forward to watch, and yet the same subpar animation and directing choices didn't really give that feel. Such a shame, because this scene carried emotions between both elf and human as friends both in the LN and manga.

No time to waste, the magic beast extermination must go on with Will's party, and this is probably the best that Children's Playground Entertainment as a studio can muster in production quality. Especially to the sub-boss Chimera, and both Will and Menel worked together is defuse its perfect disguise and take it down with some difficulty. Certainly didn't expect Reystov the Penetrator to bag the boss, but it's expected given his stature.

A victory for Will's party, and Menel has gained his new nickname: Menel of Swift Wings. Their future adventures would have to wait for Season 2, and Will, you've gotta mature soon enough. For now, your party, Menel, and Gracefeel is all you have to advance forward.

And that's the end of this show for now while we wait for Season 2 in the future. If you want to continue reading the source material, manga stopped at Ch 28, but be warned that there's not a lot of translated content yet.

Jun 2019
That was a good one considering Will almost lost all his senses but Menel was there for him and it was nice to see that Will has some friends that he can rely on. Also, they managed to defeat all those monsters this time around.

The final fight was a little hard for them but in the end, it was pretty straightforward for Will and he easily defeated him. Overall, it was an alright show. A bit weak on the direction side but it was fine. I still prefer the start of the show much more than the latter half. Now, we wait for the second season that has already been announced.
Jan 3, 2022 6:17 AM

Oct 2017
Allright finale, Will got back to his senses after Menel talked to him. The fight at the end was okay.

This anime was a disappointment, this started off pretty good and was progressing nicely and I liked the earlier episodes even with the bland character designs and bad animations but later episodes were quite boring. Still kind of looking forward to next season.
Jan 3, 2022 7:56 AM
Sep 2015
I think this anime has rich story, reminds me of top-notch western RPG like Skyrim, etc. It also has religious atmosphere and a serious royal tradition. Though I want a conclusive relationship between Will and Menel, I don't want them to be just a rumored couple in a bard's poetry. This is where western RPG win because (almost all games I play) you can choose to marry with any gender, or even species.

Anyway, can't wait for season 2! My first priority is to focus on Will and Menel development, but I'm also wondering why this is Isekai when it can be a full-fledged fantasy. Hope season 2 will explore more on this topic. It's very hard to guess where it's heading when season 1 is such a complete experience, no cliffhanger, no grander scheme.
Jan 3, 2022 8:04 AM

Dec 2020
LMFAOOOO WILL AND MENEL FIGHTING, CLIMAX !! DECIDER ON WHAT WILL GO ON AFTER THIS.. and it lasted for 5 minutes. FIVEEE MINUTES. in 5 minutes they argued and made up. thats actually laughable, and will suddenly going all edgy mode too the hell you on my guy

but well uhm.. that ended. lol. ngl it was kinda lame ..... if i were to look back on my comments from the other episode forums id surely be finding myself praising this show but honestly it fell down hardd. started off pretty good, got dragged, and the everything after was just so messy. animation didnt help either. quite a disappointment honestly

still, im looking forward to season 2 !! ill also prob continue the manga so i reaally hope they do s2 better
Jan 3, 2022 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
An underwhelming finale to a really underwhelming season of this anime with really underwhelming production and direction overall. This was a snoozefest for a finale for me, even the action while not the worst in the series still wasn't that good either and the Will-Menel confrontations here were pretty dry too.
Jan 3, 2022 8:25 AM

Dec 2017
And now after 12 episodes thinking oh i love the ending song of this anime, i realized its from yanagi nagi no wonder then lol.
Jan 3, 2022 8:26 AM
Jan 2020
Overall it was pretty meh tbh.. I guess I'll watch S2 to at least see where this goes.
Jan 3, 2022 8:41 AM

May 2020
So everything's concluded well, so good I guess. Can't say was anything special, this show as a whole. Was pretty much a drag going through the whole 24 minutes every single time, especially this later part. Still season 2's coming, not particularly excited that's for sure.
Jan 3, 2022 8:43 AM
Jul 2021
Damn what an ass, Don't break an Arm, Just Knock him out if you don't want him to follow you.
Jan 3, 2022 9:15 AM

Apr 2020
For me it's what I wanted Mushoku to be.
I just wish it had the same treatment in animation and they cut down with the monologue. 7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jan 3, 2022 9:15 AM

Jul 2021
Will got back to his normal self after Menel went to talk to him, which is really nice, because I don't like it when the protagonists start making drama for no good reason.
I didn't really like the anime, but I think the second season will be much better.
asdasdsadad
Jan 3, 2022 9:31 AM

Feb 2021
HE ACTUALLY BROKE HIS ARM LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jan 3, 2022 9:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh the scene between Menel and Will was kinda tense and dramatic but at least it ended well with a win for Will's party and the actual conflict resolved, but of course since it's slow-paced it's not the end, we'll see how the show will development during the 2nd season but it's a bit disappointing how the first 4-5 episodes were great and original but it just became basic like most other fantasy shows after this :S
Jan 3, 2022 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
This ended up as easily one of the most boring and bland fantasy series I've ever watched in the recent years. While it at least didn't try to be junk food in the beginning, the lackluster production value DID NOT help at all and even then, everything was quite boring to say the least. The lore and initial setup were kinda decent at first, but poor directing and lack of interesting hooks brought down whatever appeal this might've had. It winds up as just as a typical RPG-like fantasy story now with very uninspiring attempts at worldbuilding.
I especially did not like Will; he was boring as hell. What was the point of him being reincarnated? It's not like with Rudeus where with the aforementioned being reincarnated in the first place actually mattered a lot by itself. With Will here, on the other hand, they could've discarded the isekai stuff altogether and it would've went the exact same way.
Might as well give it 1/10. Not only because it was so bland and tasteless, but also because it did next to nothing commendable aside from a decent OP and ED theme.

Disclaimer here, too: I read both the manga AND the LN, and they're not that much better story-wise sans the usual additional "readable only" details. At least the art from the LN kinda slaps.
Jan 3, 2022 10:55 AM

Feb 2012
Did they cut episode 13?
Jan 3, 2022 10:56 AM

Aug 2012
In my country we have a saying: drowning like the gypsy near shore. In just two episodes they messed everything up. They wanted to condense about 8-10 episodes in 2 and this is the result. I am really dissappointed
Jan 3, 2022 11:13 AM

Jul 2014
Though these last two episodes were pretty messy and heavily rushed (no doubt at least in part due to a struggling production), this was overall a decent fantasy show. Never quite got as strong as the found family stuff in the first half (in truth, I'd have been happy with a full cour of that), but still pretty fun to watch.

Looking forward to season 2, but hoping that gets a stronger production than this.

6/10
Jan 3, 2022 12:38 PM

Jun 2021
For me this anime is a 6/10

We will see the Season 2
Jan 3, 2022 1:23 PM
Dec 2021
I liked this anime a lot.
Jan 3, 2022 1:23 PM

Jan 2012
And so the chimera and dragon, yes apparently there was a dragon I completely forgot about, are defeated and Will and his friends grow stronger. All the while trying to recreate and reinvigorate the City of the Dead. I think, honestly I was only half-paying attention to this finale. It's funny though as while I say that I also thought this was one of the better episodes of this recent arc. I'll divide this series into 2 sections. Section 1 was the first five episodes and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I got so emotionally invested that I even shed a tear or two during the finale. Had the series ended there, or maintained that level of quality I'd have scored this an 8/10. Unfortunately we got the longer, much more standard fantasy story section 2. By no means bad it did at times feel boring, just kinda there. I'm surprised to see this is getting a 2nd season simply because I read on here elsewhere that apparently the author put this on a very long break because they couldn't think of where to go next with the story. But I guess there must be enough material left so okay I guess, sure, I'll watch. Maybe it'll be able to match that first portion again in the future. 7/10.
Jan 3, 2022 2:07 PM

Jul 2012
phantomfandom said:
I think this anime has rich story, reminds me of top-notch western RPG like Skyrim, etc. It also has religious atmosphere and a serious royal tradition. Though I want a conclusive relationship between Will and Menel, I don't want them to be just a rumored couple in a bard's poetry. This is where western RPG win because (almost all games I play) you can choose to marry with any gender, or even species.

Anyway, can't wait for season 2! My first priority is to focus on Will and Menel development, but I'm also wondering why this is Isekai when it can be a full-fledged fantasy. Hope season 2 will explore more on this topic. It's very hard to guess where it's heading when season 1 is such a complete experience, no cliffhanger, no grander scheme.

Yes, this is something I would also like, but it looks like the author is just going to leave it up. Making their relationship official and ending up inserting the BL genre in the work could make them lose their initial audience. I don't know if they would have the courage.
---Jacký
Jan 3, 2022 2:24 PM
May 2016
The City of the dead stuff was good but everything since then has been straight awful. Or maybe I shouldn't say "straight", if ever a show should have been reimagined as a Yaoi romance it's this. The sexual tension between those two was ridiculous. The action and fights were awful and dumb so a romance was all I was hoping for and when it became obvious there weren't going to be any lead female characters (and when there were small side characters he had no interest) I just kept asking so when is he going to admit he has a thing for the pretty bloomer wearing elf? 6/10 (and only for the beginning the rest was 5/10) not going to bother with season 2.
Jan 3, 2022 4:07 PM
May 2020
rafi160 said:
Did they cut episode 13?

No,was planned to be 12 episodes anyway.
Jan 3, 2022 4:12 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Eh, the episode was alright I guess, as the rest of series was.

Starting off with very quick pacing only to get very slowed downed once Will left the city of the dead, the direction overall wasn't that good. The subpar animation didn't do it any favours considering the various cgi skeletons, still frames and bland character design. It conveyed so little emotion that even through Will's multiple emotional breakdowns I didn't stutter at all.

There are 2 aspects that I'll give it though. First, the worldbuilding wasn't that bad overall. We've got different races, political conflicts, magic users and the "evangelization of territories" (even if the constant religious tone was quite annoying). Still, it needs to be fleshed out more than that to be attractive. Second, Menel himself by taking the innitiative, being overall supportive and having an actual character development. We still don't know much about Will's past for me to be on his side or not so his general behaviour came off as inconsistent sometimes.

All in all, from what I've heard the source material is really good so you might wanna check out that instead. If I had done so before I would've probably been disappointed.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 3, 2022 4:12 PM
May 2020
For me is a 6/10.First arc(episode 1-5) was absolutely great,but from episode 6 to episode 12 was very mid.Hope the next season will be better.
Jan 3, 2022 7:17 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty bad show overall, shoddy artwork and might be one of the most boring fantasy anime I've had the displeasure of watching. The show was alright until he left home lol, should be the other way around...
Jan 3, 2022 7:22 PM

Sep 2015
I'm confused, why did Menel call Will a "coward"? What? Is that suppose to be an attempt to insult him?

Man, all this feels cliche...

And the plot is awful...

This was not an enjoyable watch, it was boring, the voice acting were horrible, especially the scenes that William cried in. Just another typical Isekai

2/10 for me
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 3, 2022 8:49 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good season finale! The emotional scene with Will and Menel was done pretty well, cause emotional scenes usually fall flat because of its presentation. I mean, this whole episode as a whole had good production I think. Will really broke Menel's arm though lmao and he really said "want me to break your other arm too."

Solid show overall, gonna go watch season 2 whenever it comes out. 7/10
Jan 3, 2022 8:59 PM
Sep 2008
The first half of this anime was interesting, the rest of it was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... even the ending.
Jan 3, 2022 11:07 PM

Feb 2015
For a fantasy show it was pretty boring. The first half was ok but the pacing is so slow. I'm still not sure what the point of it all is. The animation was average as well 6/10
Jan 4, 2022 12:02 AM

Aug 2012
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
I'm confused, why did Menel call Will a "coward"? What? Is that suppose to be an attempt to insult him?

Man, all this feels cliche...

And the plot is awful...

This was not an enjoyable watch, it was boring, the voice acting were horrible, especially the scenes that William cried in. Just another typical Isekai

2/10 for me
In the manga/LN it was different, the injuries on Menel where life threatening when he woke up, the lil girl blamed him for the injuries of the others also instead of just Menel everyone came to have him turn back, there was no fight. They modified things a lot to make it shorter and create a emotional moment artificially. Also they shortened a hell lot of the chimera section and I do believe that the boss Rostov killed was humanoid looking. There is even a discussion between the boss and Rostov if I remember correctly.
Jan 4, 2022 2:45 AM
Jul 2008
The 3 heroes arc was great, buy the pace became much slower at later..

Gracefeel will get a shrine, good job Wil!

Looking forward to 2nd season
Jan 4, 2022 5:34 AM

Apr 2015
Struggling to find the point of it all.

4/10 maybe. The epitome of mediocrity
Jan 4, 2022 5:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao, hiding in their little world. Eh, Bee really know what to talk funny about them. She even wanna make an altered song about Menel through the Will story. Cheers for the halfling girl and her songs!

About the ending, its a fine one, i'd say. Not so engaging, but honestly its not that bad quality, like any other low isekai story before. This kind of classic fantasy story about the god-goddess influence actually one of my liking. Kinda feels rushed at the battle with chimera and ofc the animation still minimal. But i can understand it much, since those scene will be good enough to be a breaking point of these first season, not to mention all the result after then. So all the rushed feeling can be forgiven.

Idk how well the second season will be goin on. But to say the least, saihate no Paladin, sure had its good moment. While some might be understandable to not enjoy it by looking at a certain sides. For my point of view, this is the good example of fine to its finest.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 4, 2022 7:04 AM

Jan 2018
The first scene reminded me of Re:ZERO which I liked.

The animation of this episode looked better than the ones preceding it. If only the whole show could maintain this quality if not better. Hopefully season 2 will be great cause this season didn't have that great of an ending. The adventure barely even started.
Jan 4, 2022 8:37 AM

Nov 2016
First 4 or 5 episodes were great but then it started to get worse. I don't know why they were trashtalking for most of other episodes and when fight comes they just skip it or make it a few seconds one... 7/10 for me but mostly thanks for first 4 or 5 episodes where I wanted to put at least 9/10.
Jan 4, 2022 9:58 AM

Dec 2015
i really enjoyed the first few episodes but it got worse each episode :((( another disappointment
Jan 5, 2022 2:09 AM

Jun 2014
The anime overall was decent enough, I enjoyed watching it but man I hope the visuals improve in the next season. Still, this wasn't too bad, 6/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 5, 2022 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
The anime finally came to the end of its long journey, in between the beginning parts were nice but the rest didn't please me at all, although I thought the narrative was very weak and characters were very bad, some pleased me more, others not, note final 4/10.
Jan 5, 2022 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
Combat was just underwhelming, the hype wasn't even a reality. But overall nb.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 5, 2022 5:20 PM

Nov 2016
while it didnt hit me as hard as the manga did (i see some ln readers fuming), it does it pretty good job summing up the show. it isnt as actiony as many others and i think it falls real flat on that. the manga was pretty awesome and mainly targets older viewers. so many feels there compared to the show
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 6, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2014
Ok-ish end after disastrous ep. 11. At least emo-Will didn't take too long.
Jan 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Dec 2020
I loved the first half, but the moment he left Blood, Mary and Gus, it almost changed the pace and was a bit confusing, especially the last two eps. Even the final battle felt...empty.

A shame, because honestly, I enjoyed the show up until then. Still gonna look forward to S2 though!
Jan 6, 2022 6:40 PM
Mar 2012
Will being dumb, but saved by bf Menel.
Very good Will & Menel combo, supporting each others' attack.
Show got lots of issues. Bit too calm pacing, annoying whiny mc va, often bland fights. 3 undead parents raising an isekai orphan such a cool premise, but execution/directing became generic fantasy like ChainChronicles, maybe different expectation but feels like wasted potential.
Some characters were funny tho & forming mc's party is nice.
Jan 6, 2022 10:02 PM
Mar 2015
Somehow the ending seemed too sickeningly sweet
Jan 7, 2022 12:56 AM
Apr 2020
just a very, very bad anime. it's a surprise that this got a second season.
Jan 7, 2022 3:28 AM
Mar 2019
Man I really hope they up the animation quality, also some of the battle scenes seemed "odd". For example the last hit on the Chimera to it's upper jaw, that
is like trying to kill a crocodile by stabbing it's snoot with a toothpick.
Jan 8, 2022 1:19 PM

Apr 2020
Better episode compared to the ones in the middle. The fight with the Chimera reminded me of Dragons Dogma's fights.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 8 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 4, 2021

48 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.