Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 24, 2021 7:57 PM
Dec 2017
LOVED IT!

It sucks how the niche anime's, like this, are constantly down voted to barely even being visible on MAL. They need to make a new category for "isekai, reborn, or exploring new world" types of anime. I believe AOT is popular because it has some of those themes of exploring a new world. I don't know why, but I can accept the flaws of these types of anime's much easier. Unlike an anime like "Talentless Nana" where the protagonist is a brainwashed little girl pretending to be a psychic that can read minds; but every person she meets is a complete moron believing in her super powers, or they are murderers (knows she is lying, but doesn't reveal her lies cause it helps them murder more).

Example of Talentless Nana dialog:
Boy#1, "Hey, i know, why don't have Nana use her mind reading ability to find the mass murderer."
Nana, "Uhm, I can't do that."
Boy#2 punches boy#1 in the face, "Don't be a fucking douche! We can't force her to use her abilities if she doesn't want to."
Boy#1, "Ok, hows about we use the reanimate ability to have the dead person tell us who murdered him."
Nana, "I'VE HAD ENOUGH, YOU SICK FUCK! HOW DARE YOU DISGRACE THE DEAD!"
The entire class stares with hatred at Boy#1. They start raising their pitchforks and torches.
Boy#2, "You sure sound like a sick fuck murderer. EVERYONE, lets put him in a cage. I don't trust him."
The entire class puts Boy#1 in a prison. Everyone is almost certain Boy#1 is a bigot and most likely the Nazi murderer.
charliechuckleJan 24, 2021 8:02 PM
Jan 25, 2021 12:52 AM
Jul 2017
Just here really to get more time with my girl Kumoko-chan but I can't complain there's usually too many expectations placed on an anime that you just can't get when compared to the LN or even the manga but it makes sense with the time constraints and the work that goes in to producing an anime. So really I'd say we mostly turn up to see our favourite animated in glorious colour and them sweet sweet action scene should they pull them off. I'm pretty happy so fair I mean I don't have the skills to pull off even the basic of animes, with that said how could I possible critic a studio for being able to pull it off, if I had to pick on gripe with the show so fair it's that it seem Fei is actually talking to Shun and the others can hear her and I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be the case. This could be down to convince for the viewers but all in all eagerly awaiting my next installment with my favorite spider... bring on the Monkey's!!!!
Jan 25, 2021 1:41 AM

Sep 2020
For some reason I loved this episode, and it is my favorite so far, maybe because we got to observe more about Shun.

Yes, unlike the vast majority who complain, I loved that much of the episode focused on Shun, because as an LN reader that I am, I was waiting to see some more scenes, and although there are people who dislike Shun, I like it for some reason, maybe because of how well written it is.

For those who complain about the scenes of classmates, just shut up and let the story unfold, they are essential characters for a future, and I even dare to say that our beloved and bland MC (Shun) is a deconstruction of the typical isekai Mary Sue.
Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.

Jan 25, 2021 2:34 AM
Mar 2012
still on the fence, some cg went pretty bad. and the 2D action & camera yes they tried but janky & hard to read. Action directing went horrible at times, ugh this studio, same problems in Cop Craft & Berserk.
Wat's the deal with God kid with the scary green eyes!?
Introspective Fei, that brocon & gender confused Katia at least seem interesting.
Jan 25, 2021 3:11 AM
May 2019
the CGI wasn't great, but I don't care much. For me, it was uncomfortable to watch the water training, when the students hit the flag, but didn't wet it.

The spider's part is constantly doing good. But, oh, humans, you are a bad isekai, please, studio, stop showing them so constantly.
SorofiaJan 25, 2021 3:15 AM
Jan 25, 2021 4:35 AM

Apr 2020
What the hell is the story of the human side? It's kind of boring.

The effect of the performance is too poor, and it is difficult to say the battle, which makes people almost puzzled.

Jan 25, 2021 6:34 AM
Nov 2018
The first episode had me worried, but it seems like its getting better as it goes.
Jan 25, 2021 9:17 AM
Jan 2011
A solid anime. I'm sold!
Jan 25, 2021 9:26 AM
Dec 2017
Sorofia said:
the CGI wasn't great, but I don't care much. For me, it was uncomfortable to watch the water training, when the students hit the flag, but didn't wet it.

The spider's part is constantly doing good. But, oh, humans, you are a bad isekai, please, studio, stop showing them so constantly.

There's actually an canon reason for that.
Water created by water magic isn't really water, but a super dense form of magic particles, said liquid quickly evaporates and return to the atmosphere as magic particles again.
It's common knowledge between adveturers that drinking water from water magic is useless because it will evaporate quicker than your body can absorb it.
Jan 25, 2021 9:47 AM

Nov 2018
There's a scene in the OP from the end of volume 7, so I assumed that the anime was planning on getting that far. However, we're still solidly in the middle of volume 1. If they maintain this pace they'll never make it. Maybe it'll start to pick up speed later?

Good adaptation of the story so far, however visually things are starting to look worse and worse... the frog was barely passable, but the snakes are just bad.
Jan 25, 2021 10:27 AM
May 2019
linkhuesitos said:
Sorofia said:

There's actually an canon reason for that.
Water created by water magic isn't really water, but a super dense form of magic particles, said liquid quickly evaporates and return to the atmosphere as magic particles again.
It's common knowledge between adveturers that drinking water from water magic is useless because it will evaporate quicker than your body can absorb it.

Ohhhh, I see! Thank you!
Jan 25, 2021 12:02 PM
Oct 2019
linkhuesitos said:
davidyodo24 said:
Well we know the CGI isn't good...

Question for you all that watched Berserk 2016, i know the studio is the same, are these CGI monster from Berserk looks like this?

At this point the only thing who saving this show for me is Kumoko, i just love her Personality as a Spider and also Aoi Yuki super talented Voice Acting Skill....

I really love the "Spiderman" reference... That shit made me laugh

I don't know why but the students part was not really interesting to me...
I want more of the Spider for now...

Berserk CG is even more atrocious. Mostly because Berserk also use it for humans.
Put in spoiler tag to not make the post too big

Okay i understand now...
Jan 26, 2021 12:10 AM

Apr 2018
Ngl I rather watch more of the Spider girl than the human, but the human bits are pretty ok.

Man, that Snake really fit inside of that tiny spider. The story is quite interesting as well so far it's going pretty well.
Jan 26, 2021 1:46 PM

Oct 2014
Next episode will mostly be the spider stuff assuming it ends the volume.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Jan 27, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2020
I Really like this Anime... Yeah they use CGI but atleast they didn't make Human CGI and the Animation, except the CGI is Good... Cuz this have 24 Ep, I'll give it 7* for now... But I looking forward for this Anime... And I like the design for the Spider ITS Cute.
Jan 27, 2021 5:22 PM
Feb 2020
I know this is a light novel adaptation but this is way faster than the manga. I also like the human side. Araba looks the wrong color. Anyways, why did they place the closing early?
Jan 28, 2021 8:22 PM
Jan 2021
3 episode and i am wondering who is really the MC....Supporting character have more screen time than the MC itself....ok wtf...this is ridiculous
Jan 28, 2021 9:10 PM
Dec 2017
lilith832 said:
3 episode and i am wondering who is really the MC....Supporting character have more screen time than the MC itself....ok wtf...this is ridiculous

Technically speaking both are, in the novel the number of chapters is usually half of each one.
In general the plot of the novel is the combination of all the characters plotlines but Spider-chan is definetelly the true MC as her story is the longest.
Jan 29, 2021 5:01 AM

May 2014
lilith832 said:
Why ridiculous? It is common in literature for other viewpoint characters to temporarily get more screen-time than the protagonist. You can expect the protagonist to reap most of the benefits in the end though. The human storyline also exists in great part to develop Kumoko's character; you just can't see it yet.
Feb 4, 2021 11:11 PM

Aug 2015
Our poor little spider just constantly in danger. I'm sure she will figure a way out of it but what an unlucky main character. Also the humans vs the dragon was a cool fight with a really dark twist at the end.
Feb 5, 2021 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
Boring humans are boring and make it feel like the writer isn't even that confident in their own premise.

People are saying they become important/better later, but it's a good story's job to be engaging while setting up later events too. Right now, they're boring, and it's a problem. It doesn't matter how good they get later if you already stopped watching because it wasn't appealing.
Feb 8, 2021 6:01 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was more based on the humans than the spider. That dragon was defeated with seconds after Fei joined the battle. Also another Earth dragon is gonna attack spider.
Feb 15, 2021 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Kumoko is getting so OP! Loving this, even tho the dragon's cgi was pretty bad.
Anyways, i feel kinda bad for Feirune, since she was kidnapped we don't know if that dragon was maybe one of her parents, but we'll see for sure. But now that made Feirune think.

Tbh i am more interested now in Kumoko's evolution than all of the rest. But let's see how she will escape from that dragon, but if she ate him...oh boy!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 17, 2021 6:44 AM

Feb 2020
The battle scenes were great but I don't care so much of Kumoko's classmates. I hope the story around them gets more interesting or otherwise I'll watch this show mainly because of Kumoko.
SerafosFeb 17, 2021 7:02 AM
Feb 17, 2021 7:04 AM

Apr 2020
Serafos said:
The battle scenes were great but I don't care so much of Kumoko's classmates. There are no backstory for them or anything which would make them interesting and also that copy paste medieval setting is rather typicall.. Still, I'm definitely going to keep watching this, mostly due Kumoko of course.
Kumoko's classmates are really baffling. First, the teacher was killed immediately, then four students were able to fight? the young dragon was able to kill the adult dragon? and finally everyone applauded? Oh please, clapping should be done at least after nothing happens to the teacher... If there is no human, this episode would not be so bad.

Feb 21, 2021 8:38 PM

Sep 2018
Hugo is so annoying! I'm more interested with the life of the spider.
Mar 5, 2021 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
Hugo really needs to calm down. His arrogance is going to eventually get himself killed.

That dragon at the end is terrifying! Spider girl needs to run away as fast as she can!
Mar 23, 2021 8:04 AM

Aug 2016
Damn so she tore the throat outta her mum or dad.......savage!
MC just wants to be spiderman, then come the humans with pitchforks, poor girl is having a tough time of it.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 14, 2021 8:35 PM

Apr 2011
I like the action with the class against the dragon, even though it was in cgi, I didn't mind it one bit. Was surprise at Fei being able to damage the dragon so ferociously. Now, she a kin-eater like our spider protagonist. I wonder if the story is setting them up as rivals in the future? Shun is just a brocon and goody two shoes, vomitting and fainting, after realizing he might of murder Fei dragon birth mother/father?

If Kumoko levels up into a beast in the future, I wonder if we get to see Shun older brother in action?

Is there going to be anything between Shun x Kumoko?
May 23, 2021 10:51 PM

Apr 2012
was all that waste of time human parts in the LN cause that wasnt in the manga
Jun 23, 2021 12:19 AM
Oct 2019
Apparently people hate the "human" parts of these episodes. But I've thought they're fine

Honestly, I'd probably get really annoyed if it was just spider girl miraculously surviving and leveling up every episode

back to this episode: what was with that girl wanting to level up in order to hear god? wtf?

This has remained a 7/10 for me. It's not an excellent show, but it's interesting and entertaining so far

HagePotPotatoJun 23, 2021 1:49 PM
Jun 23, 2021 12:36 AM
Jun 2021
HagePotPotato said:
Apparently people hate the "human" parts of these episodes. But I've thought they're fine

Honestly, I'd probably get really annoyed if it was just spider girl miraculously surviving and leveling up every episode

This has remained a 7/10 for me. It's not an excellent show, but it's interesting and entertaining so far

Humans episodes tend to have a bad animation, to ne less focused on comedy and more on story and worldbuilding. Those who are there only for Kumoko despise this episode (even If it's completely stupid).
Jun 23, 2021 1:12 PM
Oct 2019
groudonvert said:
HagePotPotato said:

Humans episodes tend to have a bad animation, to ne less focused on comedy and more on story and worldbuilding. Those who are there only for Kumoko despise this episode (even If it's completely stupid).

bad animation? all the cgi monsters spider girl keeps illogically defeating are bad animation
Jun 23, 2021 1:18 PM
Jun 2021
HagePotPotato said:
groudonvert said:

bad animation? all the cgi monsters spider girl keeps illogically defeating are bad animation

Well still better than Shun's episodes ^^'
Jul 4, 2021 1:36 PM

Sep 2012
HagePotPotato said:

back to this episode: what was with that girl wanting to level up in order to hear god? wtf?

i think they think its god but its appraisal sys and special chosen ppl have that skill appraisal is sys controlled by main sys whatever it is
Sep 17, 2021 2:51 AM

Jul 2015
When thinking about it we got quite the hilarious contrast of the dramatic human classmates reaction to Fei becoming a kin-eater and the energetic Spider reaction who does everything to survive with a positive attitude lol.

Nov 11, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2021
This episode really highlights why the Kumoko community hates Shun. He's the one who throws up despite the fact that he's not the one who ate his kin. He doesn't even try to comfort Fei; he's just disgusted by it... He may be a 'good kid' but I love how this series constantly highlights his heroism as hypocrisy.
Nov 12, 2021 2:56 AM
Jun 2021
xershey said:
This episode really highlights why the Kumoko community hates Shun. He's the one who throws up despite the fact that he's not the one who ate his kin. He doesn't even try to comfort Fei; he's just disgusted by it... He may be a 'good kid' but I love how this series constantly highlights his heroism as hypocrisy.

Well actually he lost consciousness because he killed a monster, not really because of Fei ^^
Mar 31, 2022 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
Oh no, Pokémon parent killed.
Jan 17, 2023 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
they assume its Fei's blood relative: they are wrong, it mite be, but Kin eater means eating ur own species another word for cannibalisms, but u can't assume it was her blood relative just from that

about Fei being weird about kin eater: i have no idea what the writer was thinking cause it makes no sense sins she was human, if i would be reborn as a tiger with my memories of past life i would feel nothing when eating a tiger, i would feel something only eating a human cause i am still human inside, so it makes no sense
Sugram22Jan 17, 2023 11:55 AM
Feb 1, 2023 9:12 AM
Apr 2016
all i hear is sharp whining and squealing
Apr 9, 2023 10:15 PM

Jan 2021
I don't know why, but I actually enjoyed the human part of the episode more. Can't wait 'til they inevitably run into the spider later in the season.
Jun 24, 2023 9:32 AM
May 2023
It's Amazing, also i think it's very underappreciated i mean i suppose people don't think that i would be great cause of the whole spider thing BUT YOUR WRONG its one of my favourite anime out there and I'm really begging for a season 2 which i don't often feel that way when there hasn't been any response on one but for this one im literally going to lose it if they say theres no season 2.
Nov 14, 2023 12:26 PM

Nov 2019
I couldn't care less about Kumo's classmate's side in this show
they are so boring, seriously what is the point of having them?
Dec 16, 2023 7:53 AM

Nov 2023
Well gahhdamn Kumoko is so cool and strateigc
Jan 30, 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
Lol Hugo man.. That was embarrassing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gonna rely on some drug or device to level up or something
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.