Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 23, 2021 12:24 AM
Sep 2016
nakkki said:
uncleqrow said:
Everybody (especially non LN or WN readers) : complains about Shun.
Me (a WN reader) : Alaba is depicted so F*ing LAME in the anime! He is supposed to be extremely intimidating, the experience of meeting him the first time alone should be enough to traumatize Shiraori/Kumoko for the entirery of the earlier volumes!!!

Next EP: "Saru, howa-? (Monkeys, wha-?)"
The monkeys (Anogratch) battle alone should be epic enough to be made into an independent EP.... Are they really going to simplify the battle? Because, there should be a
coming up next after Alaba's introduction, where

I guess they intent to reach
before the quarter of the series, perhaps to spice things up faster....?

I think they'll skip the fujincote part
Tbh, it's a good novel part but it isn't really anime worthy. Tho i have no idea how they'll develop her kumo morning star and poison synthesis tho. And for araba. We all know the animation is sub par but that's what we got

True dat.
But it's Alaba though... Can't they make at least the scales black? I mean, blue-ish scales with red-ish spiky-thingy... Is he a drag-queen or sth?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 23, 2021 12:26 AM
Aug 2016
uncleqrow said:
nakkki said:

I think they'll skip the fujincote part
Tbh, it's a good novel part but it isn't really anime worthy. Tho i have no idea how they'll develop her kumo morning star and poison synthesis tho. And for araba. We all know the animation is sub par but that's what we got

True dat.
But it's Alaba though... Can't they make at least the scales black? I mean, blue-ish scales with red-ish spiky-thingy... Is he a drag-queen or sth?

I think the animation quality makes dark colors worse when looking at it (mother and the earth wyrm) so they went for brighter colors to at least make us not absolutely vomit when we see him, i guess
Jan 23, 2021 12:33 AM
Sep 2016
nakkki said:
uncleqrow said:

True dat.

I think the animation quality makes dark colors worse when looking at it (mother and the earth wyrm) so they went for brighter colors to at least make us not absolutely vomit when we see him, i guess

Yeah, I can see that reasoning. Personally though, I'd rather vomit than seeing Alaba's dignity shatered like that XD . The dude's a true warrior, he deserves that much respect.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 23, 2021 2:30 AM
Jan 2021
nakkki said:
uncleqrow said:
Everybody (especially non LN or WN readers) : complains about Shun.
Me (a WN reader) : Alaba is depicted so F*ing LAME in the anime! He is supposed to be extremely intimidating, the experience of meeting him the first time alone should be enough to traumatize Shiraori/Kumoko for the entirery of the earlier volumes!!!

Next EP: "Saru, howa-? (Monkeys, wha-?)"
The monkeys (Anogratch) battle alone should be epic enough to be made into an independent EP.... Are they really going to simplify the battle? Because, there should be a
coming up next after Alaba's introduction, where

I guess they intent to reach
before the quarter of the series, perhaps to spice things up faster....?

The Shun part is something i don't blame people for not understanding till the story stretches. It's meant to be seriously ambiguous. Heck it took me till volume 5 of the Ln to understand why there was a human side to this story

There is a LOT being established this early.
And there is a LOT that is misleading this early.
Later on things happen that make you re-evaluate quite a bit of the early story.
The Human story is painting a traditional Good Hero vs. Evil Demon Lord fight.
Jan 23, 2021 2:36 AM

Mar 2016
Abredon said:

"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 23, 2021 2:41 AM
Jan 2021
Aure0lin said:
Abredon said:

Jan 23, 2021 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
worst episode so far imo.
That ain't a dragon, that's a TRex cap'. And a pretty ugly looking one tbh.
the dragon at the end though? That one looked pretty cool.

Also that tall prince is annoying we get it that's the point so no need to further insist on it, can't he stay outside of the camera's angles or something from now on?
Also the girl that seems to be speaking all the time of God, ok we get it she's a future saint, but her passion for her God was pretty badly shown imo. I mean at least it's going in the direction of "trying harder", so the direction she's going isn't bad compared to that tall idiot.
The antics with the sister's jealousy and obsession for her brother are starting to not be funny at all tbh.

Fei got the Kin eater title due to chewing on her own family, and that was in the end, the only development human side that was interesting. Which is kind of Ironic consindering that she's the only non human in these scenes.
Ah, that and the fact that the main guy human side got the Appraisal skill. It's the first time we see someone else than Kumoko with it.
Hope that next episode we'll mostly have Kumoko again.
Speaking of Kumoko, I was really surprised that there was not appearance change with the evolution; I think that most of us clearly expected her to gain these spikes we see in the opening and ending; looks like it's for later. with so much danger around, it may not be long before she reaches level 10 again and can evolve tho.

Everybody gonna ignore the fact that the teacher died for them but the students after killing the dragon were like "We did it boys. We saved everyone."

Also that ^.
Isn't there some healing magic that can save him anyway? "Sorry, we're busy fanning over our young prince"
ZefyrisJan 23, 2021 3:58 AM
Jan 23, 2021 4:01 AM

Oct 2007
Ashhk said:
pipn123 said:
Too many teenage kids drama scene :(,not enough spider
Yeah, I wish there were more spider girl moments, at this point it's almost half of the episode with the other students, who care of them, we're here for the spider

hoping as well, the next episode would be more spider + the monsters that she fight. And less of the generic isekai students gang.
Jan 23, 2021 4:53 AM
Aug 2016
Zefyris said:
worst episode so far imo.
That ain't a dragon, that's a TRex cap'. And a pretty ugly looking one tbh.
the dragon at the end though? That one looked pretty cool.

Also that tall prince is annoying we get it that's the point so no need to further insist on it, can't he stay outside of the camera's angles or something from now on?
Also the girl that seems to be speaking all the time of God, ok we get it she's a future saint, but her passion for her God was pretty badly shown imo. I mean at least it's going in the direction of "trying harder", so the direction she's going isn't bad compared to that tall idiot.
The antics with the sister's jealousy and obsession for her brother are starting to not be funny at all tbh.

Fei got the Kin eater title due to chewing on her own family, and that was in the end, the only development human side that was interesting. Which is kind of Ironic consindering that she's the only non human in these scenes.
Ah, that and the fact that the main guy human side got the Appraisal skill. It's the first time we see someone else than Kumoko with it.
Hope that next episode we'll mostly have Kumoko again.
Speaking of Kumoko, I was really surprised that there was not appearance change with the evolution; I think that most of us clearly expected her to gain these spikes we see in the opening and ending; looks like it's for later. with so much danger around, it may not be long before she reaches level 10 again and can evolve tho.

Everybody gonna ignore the fact that the teacher died for them but the students after killing the dragon were like "We did it boys. We saved everyone."

Also that ^.
Isn't there some healing magic that can save him anyway? "Sorry, we're busy fanning over our young prince"

First off, the teacher was already ashes
2nd. This is a slow burn story. I can't control how well you enjoy it but if you want to continue, you're gonna have to learn to be able to just watch those things that annoy you like the human side and all that. They're essential to the story, just not in a normal way
Jan 23, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2014
We're only 3 episodes in and this is already starting to get incredibly boring. Granted, that's at least partially because the human half of this story is infinitely duller than the spider half, but even that is already starting to get tired. There's only so much a show can be carried by an energetic protagonist and easy meta humour, and it seems that this show is rapidly approaching the limits of that. The continued use of game mechanics as an expositional crutch robs basically every fight scene of most of its tension, with the rest of the tension robbed by the hilariously terrible CGI used on the monsters (a distinct reminder that we're dealing with the studio behind Berserk 2016).

I'll give it one or two more episodes and hope that it improves, but I'm definitely losing patience with this now.
AtavisticJan 23, 2021 6:46 AM
Jan 23, 2021 7:22 AM
Aug 2017
I get the feeling this series would probably work better for anime-only viewers in a binging format, rather than weekly episodes. When I started the novels, I pretty much fired through the first 4 over a week, reading each volume through on the same day I started. The back-and-forth between spider segments and human ones works a lot better when you're able to go straight onto the next one, rather than getting one of each then having to wait a week.

I'm worried about next week's episode, based on the title. If they show what it sounds like, it's my favourite part of the novels & the manga version already was nowhere near as good, for me. At least it had good visuals though, I can only imagine how bad it's gonna look based on the CGI usage up till now.
Jan 23, 2021 7:22 AM

Jan 2017
Welp... I wasn't a fan of whatever the crap happened when Fei attacked the Earth Wyrm. Literally could not make out what was going on, and it carried on for like five seconds.

Otherwise, damn, they're really accelerating the side story compared to the LNs, huh?

Your weekly reminder to not skip the human sections, Jesus fuck, they're there for a reason dammit.
Jan 23, 2021 7:41 AM
May 2020
Atavistic said:
We're only 3 episodes in and this is already starting to get incredibly boring. Granted, that's at least partially because the human half of this story is infinitely duller than the spider half, but even that is already starting to get tired. There's only so much a show can be carried by an energetic protagonist and easy meta humour, and it seems that this show is rapidly approaching the limits of that. The continued use of game mechanics as an expositional crutch robs basically every fight scene of most of its tension, with the rest of the tension robbed by the hilariously terrible CGI used on the monsters (a distinct reminder that we're dealing with the studio behind Berserk 2016).

I'll give it one or two more episodes and hope that it improves, but I'm definitely losing patience with this now.

I would not get my hopes up. The game mechanics just get worse from here on out, it works (kinda) in the manga but it is an absolute shitshow in the LN and will probably be in the anime too. We are talking page after page of ability dumps, fights being decided by abilities that were not explained prior to them being used in the fights, lots of talk about stats even though we have no general frame of reference for the stats since this is not a game. If you think of it as a third-person dungeon crawler with some light story thrown in then it could be tolerable. But going in with expectations for a good narrative will probably make you disappointed. Now I will get some LN reader shouting at me that it gets good if you only stick around for 15-20 episodes.
Jan 23, 2021 8:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kumoko evolved to a bigger spider. Lol. Nice evolution and decision of skill you had there! Its looks like Kumoko's life will never go to the easy route. Its full of shitty burden. Thats good, i feel guilty, but really refreshing me. And here i thought everything is over, that earth dragon looked insanely powerful. How could Kumoko survived with that encounters? Or could Kumoko slip away?

Meanwhile, Kumoko's classmate met something good too. Its nice seeing them had a struggle. Fei finally showed up her best move, eating that shit out completely, and quite emotional with that last revelations. I can't help but laugh with Shun reaction, its pretty understandable as someone whose had a zero experience like him. However, i hope they will live up with that asap, especially with Fei. Because its a normal nature as a monster. What about the other annoying boy? Nah, nevermind that shit. Its not worthy enough to have a good mention!

In my personal note, this show is really something that i can't catch up with pretty easily. At one side, this show felt so wrong with all of those 3dcg, and some scene look dissapointed. But, at the same time, the characters feel more lively that it eagers me so much to continue watching. Guess i just need to adapt with that weaknessess asap, before its gotten out of my expectation already. So, yeah, thats it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 23, 2021 10:32 AM

Feb 2018
mcbignuts said:
Now I will get some LN reader shouting at me that it gets good if you only stick around for 15-20 episodes.

It gets better after episode 15!!! lol
but seriously, if they properly adapt the next episode it's gonna be amazing.

Atavistic said:
The continued use of game mechanics as an expositional crutch robs basically every fight scene of most of its tension, with the rest of the tension robbed by the hilariously terrible CGI used on the monsters (a distinct reminder that we're dealing with the studio behind Berserk 2016).

Funny you say that because the status are there mostly to biuld tension, specially on this early phase where her status are all around 20 except speed which is 300 something. Cause when you look at enemies with a freaking 1000 or more on every status there's simply no way she can win but she needs to get out of that situation somehow.
But yeah, as people have said, this show's a slow burn, I'd recommend waiting for it to finish and watch it in one go
Jan 23, 2021 10:51 AM

May 2014
Atavistic said:
We're only 3 episodes in and this is already starting to get incredibly boring. Granted, that's at least partially because the human half of this story is infinitely duller than the spider half, but even that is already starting to get tired. There's only so much a show can be carried by an energetic protagonist and easy meta humour, and it seems that this show is rapidly approaching the limits of that.
Because the true story has not revealed itself yet. It should be speeding up after this. At this rate, we should have some idea by episode 7, probably, and eps 4-6 will also be faster than 3. The last 8 episodes or so will be the fastest part. You can't always expect mysteries to be explained immediately.

Atavistic said:
The continued use of game mechanics as an expositional crutch robs basically every fight scene of most of its tension,
Not having stats would make fight scenes more arbitrary, not less. There are also detailed explanations why the gamelike system is in place; they simply have not been revealed yet. It is an important plot point, actually.

Atavistic said:
with the rest of the tension robbed by the hilariously terrible CGI used on the monsters (a distinct reminder that we're dealing with the studio behind Berserk 2016).
They did not even make the CGI for this; it's a separate studio. A different one made the CGI for Berserk 2016 also.

mcbignuts said:
I would not get my hopes up. The game mechanics just get worse from here on out, it works (kinda) in the manga but it is an absolute shitshow in the LN and will probably be in the anime too. We are talking page after page of ability dumps, fights being decided by abilities that were not explained prior to them being used in the fights, lots of talk about stats even though we have no general frame of reference for the stats since this is not a game. If you think of it as a third-person dungeon crawler with some light story thrown in then it could be tolerable. But going in with expectations for a good narrative will probably make you disappointed. Now I will get some LN reader shouting at me that it gets good if you only stick around for 15-20 episodes.
Regardless of whether you like the story or not, how do you call it “light”? If bombarding the audience with gigantic plot twists and foreshadowing them counts as light, what is dense then? Do you have to nuke the plot every few chapters or something? Nobody does that. (And yes, reading beyond vol 3 would also help a lot.) What I'd instead call “light” is the usual light novel slice-of-life writing without any firm plot.

Complaining about the game-like system is weird too. Not having stats would make fight scenes more arbitrary, not less. There are also detailed explanations why the gamelike system is in place; they simply have not been revealed yet. It is an important plot point, actually.

Also, if you think the infodumping about game mechanics in the LN is a problem, how will it be the same in the anime where they skip most of the infodumping? You can't have it both ways.
TheDeedsOfMenJan 23, 2021 10:57 AM
Jan 23, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Primo_Itoko said:

Funny you say that because the status are there mostly to biuld tension, specially on this early phase where her status are all around 20 except speed which is 300 something. Cause when you look at enemies with a freaking 1000 or more on every status there's simply no way she can win but she needs to get out of that situation somehow.
But yeah, as people have said, this show's a slow burn, I'd recommend waiting for it to finish and watch it in one go

The reason I argue that the use of game mechanics and stats robs these "spider survival" scenes of tension is that it basically turns them into the equivalent of grinding in a RPG. And turning these scenes into "spider grinds levels for a while, occasionally flees from stronger opponent" turns these scenes brainless by virtue of grinding being a brainless activity. Also, this downplays the strategic elements of the spider's continued survival, which is a shame as there are some good ideas on that front which could be explored in greater depth (there were hints of it in episode 1, but very little since).

Furthermore, I'd argue that you could remove the game mechanics from every fight scene involving the spider without anything changing at all. Take the fight with the snake last episode, for example: we don't need numbers exposited at us to understand how dangerous it is for spider, we can see that in the scene itself due to sheer size. Same with the dragon this episode ends on.

Putting levels and shit on the screen adds nothing whatsoever to these scenes that isn't already there. It's just a crutch used by isekai authors to make the implicit nuances of combat explicit. It's an unnecessary and lazy narrative device, plain and simple.
Jan 23, 2021 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
genrtul said:
How are people missing the point of the human segments this much?

Clearly they're meant as a counter-point to the spider story. They're not supposed to stand on their own and they aren't even supposed to be especially sympathetic. The role they play is basically as the villains here. The ones who are unfairly favored for no reason.

The novelty of this series is that they get any kind of positive characterization.

This isekai is still trash because of the animation, what you tell me is useless if the anime is not able to portray it, it is also so irritating that screaming monster spider girl all these status screens
Jan 23, 2021 11:56 AM

Feb 2018
Atavistic said:
Primo_Itoko said:

The reason I argue that the use of game mechanics and stats robs these "spider survival" scenes of tension is that it basically turns them into the equivalent of grinding in a RPG. And turning these scenes into "spider grinds levels for a while, occasionally flees from stronger opponent" turns these scenes brainless by virtue of grinding being a brainless activity. Also, this downplays the strategic elements of the spider's continued survival, which is a shame as there are some good ideas on that front which could be explored in greater depth (there were hints of it in episode 1, but very little since).

Furthermore, I'd argue that you could remove the game mechanics from every fight scene involving the spider without anything changing at all. Take the fight with the snake last episode, for example: we don't need numbers exposited at us to understand how dangerous it is for spider, we can see that in the scene itself due to sheer size. Same with the dragon this episode ends on.

Putting levels and shit on the screen adds nothing whatsoever to these scenes that isn't already there. It's just a crutch used by isekai authors to make the implicit nuances of combat explicit. It's an unnecessary and lazy narrative device, plain and simple.

Your argument is super valid, I could counterargue it with some spoilers, but that would take your enjoyment of the show. Reguarding the strategic elements this author is not known for writting good fights, but every major fight is won with strategy and exploiting the rpg elements is one of them. So, anyway, I can guarantee you that in Spider's case it's not just a lazy narrative device.
Jan 23, 2021 11:58 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, that episode was all over the place.
Having only read the manga source and not the LN, I understood that the LN have the human part in it and this is omitted in the manga adaptation. That said, I can say for sure that I loathe the human part of the story. It's been only 3 episodes and I'm already fed up with their points of view. It is void of interest and in this episode, 2/3 of the episode is about them. Is this a joke? I don't know who is the main character of this story anymore.

Suuuuure, the heroes serves as some sort of a background for Kumoko's past in Earth as they are her old classmates but do they really need that much screen time? I'm actually okay with the CGI, it is not that jarring as most people tend to point out. Some camera angles are a bit disorienting I'll admit it. I'm starting to regret that I was looking forward to this adaptation. I guess I should have seen this main visual cover which shows my main problem about this anime.
MyoraveJan 23, 2021 3:06 PM
Jan 23, 2021 12:43 PM
Sep 2016
Not a huge fan of how they are adapting the human part, sure we get the necessary info like Shun and Hugo rivalry, Yuri fanaticism, or Oka regular absences but it's a bit too rushed. The fact they removed almost everything about Julius is also a big problem, with the current pace I can see him never appearing on screen which would be quite the problem. I can see why anime-only aren't too fan of that part of the story, they removed too much for the characters they fell really cliché.
Seems pretty obvious that they want to get to Sophia's apparition as fast as possible, which is understandable since it's where that part of the story really starts to shine but without the set up it's probably not gonna be as good.

I'm also really sad they didn't show best boy Potimas.
Jan 23, 2021 1:41 PM

Mar 2010
It was funny asf to see them kill off the teacher like that, and its cool to see miss spider level up but in a more realistic speed. Man this show is just so fucking hilarious.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 23, 2021 3:32 PM
Dec 2017
Myorave said:
I don't know who is the main character of this story anymore.

The answer is both. The story is told by both characters until Kumoko is able to told it by herserlf. In other words
<- Literally the smallest spoiler possible.
This chapter gave us some answers:
- Why Kumoko couldn't use Heretic Magic
She doesn't have Magic Power Perception and Magic Power Operation.

- Is Kumoko the only one that can see/hear the RPG System?
No, as we saw Yuri, Fei and later Shun acknowledge the System at some point of the episode.

(Not exacly this episode)
- Filimos (the sensei) knows more than she want to admit:
Notice how in the last episode Filimos looked away when Fei asked her is she knew something about Wakaba Hiro.

These 3 episode have even more little bits hidden that I won't list because finding them is the fun.

do they really need that much screen time?

That's an adaptation issue.
The Classroom, magic practice and wyrm battle are 3 different chapters in the novel. With some degree of missing information.

Classroom scene:

Magic Practice:

The wyrm scene was heavely rewritten and won't mention the difference due to big spoiler.
Jan 23, 2021 3:50 PM

Jul 2007
Ehhh this episode mostly felt like filler. Not nearly enough focus on spider life. This shouldn't be allowed. Without spider it is just a very boring isekai.

uuu hopefully next episode will be good.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 23, 2021 4:19 PM
Dec 2017
EndlessMaria said:
Ehhh this episode mostly felt like filler. Not nearly enough focus on spider life. This shouldn't be allowed. Without spider it is just a very boring isekai.

uuu hopefully next episode will be good.

Combine 3 novel students chapters into 1 big anime episode was a bad idea.
At least I hope that this means that we won't have a student part in the next chapter.
Jan 23, 2021 4:36 PM
Sep 2020
Atavistic said:
(a distinct reminder that we're dealing with the studio behind Berserk 2016).
Millepensee aren't the ones who did the cgi in berserk 2016, studio GEMBA did the cgi for that show, and the cgi for this anime is being done by exsa
Jan 23, 2021 6:50 PM

Jun 2012
Is the story all over the place? How come the blue tiny earth dragon almost devoured the big ass earth dragon, we weren't shown any leveling by the blue dragon how is she so strong when spidey MC is struggling a lot to survive? Why the blue haired guy was so shocked and vomit though? They are isekaied humans, so a "monster" eating a monster doesn't seem that off putting...

Oh and who the hell is Julius? An isekaied human too or just a person from that world? Strange seing the blue haired guy sucking up to him if they aren't really related.
SnaitaJan 23, 2021 7:01 PM
Jan 23, 2021 9:17 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode with more Kumoko suffering. Hugo is an ass though, if he was already an ass back then, then all this nobility and magical powers just boosted his ego even more and made him even more of an ass.

I have a feeling that Kumoko didn't reincarnate at the same time as the rest of them, and she reincarnated earlier. And we are witnessing perspectives at different time periods, that would be cool.
Jan 23, 2021 9:45 PM

May 2014
Atavistic said:
Primo_Itoko said:

Unfortunately, removing the game-like system from the narrative entirely would wreck the whole plot. I can't explain in greater detail because of spoilers.

Myorave said:
Wow, that episode was all over the place.
Having only read the manga source and not the LN, I understood that the LN have the human part in it and this is omitted in the manga adaptation. That said, I can say for sure that I loathe the human part of the story. It's been only 3 episodes and I'm already fed up with their points of view. It is void of interest and in this episode, 2/3 of the episode is about them. Is this a joke? I don't know who is the main character of this story anymore.
Kumoko is the main character, and the human story exists in great part to develop her character. It will become apparent as time goes on. What you saw in ep 3 isn't very indicative of what the true story is like. You'll probably get a vague idea of what is going on somewhere between eps 6 and 8, depending on how the pacing goes.

It kind of is a joke, actually. By the author, on purpose.

Myorave said:
Suuuuure, the heroes serves as some sort of a background for Kumoko's past in Earth as they are her old classmates but do they really need that much screen time?
That isn't the main reason why the human story is important.

Myorave said:
I guess I should have seen this main visual cover which shows my main problem about this anime.
Now look here, the visual cover is great precisely because it is showcasing the characters that it does. That's the joke, or multiple jokes, actually. You just don't get them yet.
TheDeedsOfMenJan 23, 2021 10:06 PM
Jan 23, 2021 10:14 PM
Dec 2017

I'll go in parts.
How come the blue tiny earth dragon almost devoured the big ass earth dragon, we weren't shown any leveling by the blue dragon how is she so strong when spidey MC is struggling a lot to survive?

Fei specie is mucho stronger than Kumoko's. Kumoko specie (Small Lesser Taratect) is the weakest monster in the dungeon.
Also, Fei has the boost of being a reincarnated that makes her stronger than an usual member of her specie.

In other hand it seems that Fei was the only one that wasn't sleep in that class or at least put some attention. The Wyrm/Dragon line monster have "Scale" class skills. These skills weaken the incoming magic damage. Notice how all the stupid humans tried to kill the Wyrm with magic even after Yuri (the white hair chick) said that the "Imperial Scale" skill of the Wyrm dispersed Hugo's magic. Fei was the only one that went for a physical attack.

Why the blue haired guy was so shocked and vomit though? They are isekaied humans, so a "monster" eating a monster doesn't seem that off putting

Blue hair dude is Mr. I still live with my japanese moral. The fact that he killed another living being even worst the parent of one of her friends made him sick. This is actually something that will be a constant problem.

Oh and who the hell is Julius? An isekaied human too or just a person from that world? Strange seing the blue haired guy sucking up to him if they aren't really related.

Re-watch episode 2.
Julius is Shun's (blue hair dude) brothe and he's a native (I.E. Not a reincarnated student). He's the current Hero (Crunchy fucked the translation, he isn't a Hero. He is THE Hero).
Also Shun has a big brother complex towards Julius. Shun sees hims as his role model and what he aspires to be in the future.
Jan 24, 2021 1:37 AM

Oct 2018
Nice Spiderman reference! I have seen this coming that this reference will appear in one of the episode! xD

There's something about Shun-kun here, I wonder what happen there when he discovered Kin-eater skill?

Lv 37 Earth Dragon? Really? No one can defeat a monster that powerful with a Lv 10 Spider! Looking forward for this episode!
Forum set made by Nate
Jan 24, 2021 2:51 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
ISEKAI SPIDERMAN

This was my initial thought about the anime from ep 1. Didn't know they actually reference spiderman. Heck, the ability is pretty similar too. Spider sense tingling and web manipulation.

idk about this adaption but I do not remember there was so much human scene in the manga. The manga mostly focus on the spider...anime follow LN path D:
Jan 24, 2021 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
This is just so annoying.

Watching horrendous CGI is one thing. But moved on to side story involving characters I barely know is just pure boredom.

Their teacher's dead and what these brainless student do is cheering and clapping after the danger disappeared, what a wankers.
DannyTheDonkeyJan 24, 2021 6:10 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 24, 2021 8:05 AM

Oct 2014
DannyTheDonkey said:

Watching horrendous CGI is one thing. But moved on to side story involving characters I barely know is just pure boredom.

Their teacher's dead and what these brainless student do is cheering and clapping after the danger disappeared, what a wankers.

Later on when the plots converge it’ll all make sense. Whether you hate Shun or like him won’t matter because the plot by then will be really interesting and it’ll be the opposite of boring. Well thats how I felt with the LN anyway. The human side started off boring but ended with me more interested in it than the spider stuff.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Jan 24, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2018
Kinda wishing the CGI would level up instead of Kumoko. The previous episodes weren't bad, but in this episode it was glaring and out of place, especially in this episode.

Reading other peoples' comments, it looks like the human side of things will improve and become more interesting, so I'll hold out on them for now.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 24, 2021 9:07 AM

May 2014
purpleninja0006 said:
DannyTheDonkey said:

Later on when the plots converge it’ll all make sense. Whether you hate Shun or like him won’t matter because the plot by then will be really interesting and it’ll be the opposite of boring. Well thats how I felt with the LN anyway. The human side started off boring but ended with me more interested in it than the spider stuff.
You know, when I was initially reading the LN, I already early on got the impression that we are supposed to dislike Shun. That was because he is written as privileged and handed everything for free, compared to the true protagonist who has to work hard, and also because he is preachy and naive about everything. (It turns out that was what the author actually intended.) I didn't feel like the Shun chapters were boring because there was no dissonance: I disliked him, and the narrative disliked him too.

I also figured there had to be something that happens to him later; that he was being "set up" for some future plot points. Which is exactly what happened.
Jan 24, 2021 9:32 AM
Dec 2017
_cjessop19_ said:
Kinda wishing the CGI would level up instead of Kumoko. The previous episodes weren't bad, but in this episode it was glaring and out of place, especially in this episode.

Reading other peoples' comments, it looks like the human side of things will improve and become more interesting, so I'll hold out on them for now.

The good thing is that Shun&Co don't fight a lot of monsters so they CG in their part should be very minimum.

This one and other much later is the only time they fight monsters.
Jan 24, 2021 9:32 AM
Sep 2010
i'm so glad the human cast are cut from the main manga and only feautured in little back ups at the end of volumes because holy crap are they boring. The dragon fight didnt look very well put together either with a couple of awkward transitions.

Really would rather just follow Kumoko like the manga does.
Jan 24, 2021 9:42 AM
Jun 2020
Kumoko is fun...The first story of human side was torture to get through in the LN...Its very generic and mc is dumb loser...It gives a interesting payback but man its far away....Other human stories are a bit fun but this one really sucks
Jan 24, 2021 10:12 AM

Jun 2012
linkhuesitos said:

I'll go in parts.
How come the blue tiny earth dragon almost devoured the big ass earth dragon, we weren't shown any leveling by the blue dragon how is she so strong when spidey MC is struggling a lot to survive?

Fei specie is mucho stronger than Kumoko's. Kumoko specie (Small Lesser Taratect) is the weakest monster in the dungeon.
Also, Fei has the boost of being a reincarnated that makes her stronger than an usual member of her specie.

In other hand it seems that Fei was the only one that wasn't sleep in that class or at least put some attention. The Wyrm/Dragon line monster have "Scale" class skills. These skills weaken the incoming magic damage. Notice how all the stupid humans tried to kill the Wyrm with magic even after Yuri (the white hair chick) said that the "Imperial Scale" skill of the Wyrm dispersed Hugo's magic. Fei was the only one that went for a physical attack.

Why the blue haired guy was so shocked and vomit though? They are isekaied humans, so a "monster" eating a monster doesn't seem that off putting

Blue hair dude is Mr. I still live with my japanese moral. The fact that he killed another living being even worst the parent of one of her friends made him sick. This is actually something that will be a constant problem.

Re-watch episode 2.
Julius is Shun's (blue hair dude) brothe and he's a native (I.E. Not a reincarnated student). He's the current Hero (Crunchy fucked the translation, he isn't a Hero. He is THE Hero).
Also Shun has a big brother complex towards Julius. Shun sees hims as his role model and what he aspires to be in the future.

Awesome, I'm really grateful for the explanation. It's a shame that the anime doesn't gave that much detail.

I understood the magic resistance but didn't knew the isekaied were stronger even if being of the same species. Still the blue dragon seemed all of a sudden used to fighting, maybe there was some plot before this that was skipped or something. Is the religious nut a isekaied too? She was all about skill up, skill up
SnaitaJan 24, 2021 10:17 AM
Jan 24, 2021 10:13 AM
Oct 2019
Well we know the CGI isn't good...

Question for you all that watched Berserk 2016, i know the studio is the same, are these CGI monster from Berserk looks like this?

At this point the only thing who saving this show for me is Kumoko, i just love her Personality as a Spider and also Aoi Yuki super talented Voice Acting Skill....

I really love the "Spiderman" reference... That shit made me laugh

I don't know why but the students part was not really interesting to me...
I want more of the Spider for now...
Jan 24, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2020
Personally I prefer the human part over the spider... since I still can't really stand her character lol.... I don't hate her but I don't really care for her.
Jan 24, 2021 11:16 AM
Dec 2017
Snaita said:
Awesome, I'm really grateful for the explanation. It's a shame that the anime doesn't gave that much detail.

I understood the magic resistance but didn't knew the isekaied were stronger even if being of the same species. Still the blue dragon seemed all of a sudden used to fighting, maybe there was some plot before this that was skipped or something. Is the religious nut a isekaied too? She was all about skill up, skill up

Yes, Yuri is an isekai student too.
This whole chapter is a combination of 3 separate novel chapters, during the classroom scene Filimos (sensei) was there.

Skipped content of the classroom scene.
Sensei explain that Yuri went nuts due to her traumatic reincanation. Everything she knew was that in one moment she was in classroom and suddenly she found herself turned into a baby, her mind was a mess and the only thing that managed to calm her down was a familiar voice.
It was the System voice that talked to her in Japanese so Yuri used this voice as anchor for her mind. It also didn't helped that Yuri grew up in an orphanage that's run by a religion that calls the System Voice "The Voice of God".
Another small detail that the anime skipped is that the System Voice talks in Japanese to the isekai students, meanwhile the natives hear it in their local language.

but being fair I was expecting the anime to skip several details about the System. The novel is super technical about how the System works which is sad because is one of the things why the novel is known, the System is very well explained and there's a legitimate in-world reason about why it exist (not the usual "lel number" like other novels).
Jan 24, 2021 12:54 PM
Dec 2017
davidyodo24 said:
Well we know the CGI isn't good...

Question for you all that watched Berserk 2016, i know the studio is the same, are these CGI monster from Berserk looks like this?

At this point the only thing who saving this show for me is Kumoko, i just love her Personality as a Spider and also Aoi Yuki super talented Voice Acting Skill....

I really love the "Spiderman" reference... That shit made me laugh

I don't know why but the students part was not really interesting to me...
I want more of the Spider for now...

Berserk CG is even more atrocious. Mostly because Berserk also use it for humans.
Put in spoiler tag to not make the post too big
Jan 24, 2021 1:58 PM

Jun 2012
linkhuesitos said:
Snaita said:

Yes, Yuri is an isekai student too.
This whole chapter is a combination of 3 separate novel chapters, during the classroom scene Filimos (sensei) was there.

Skipped content of the classroom scene.
Sensei explain that Yuri went nuts due to her traumatic reincanation. Everything she knew was that in one moment she was in classroom and suddenly she found herself turned into a baby, her mind was a mess and the only thing that managed to calm her down was a familiar voice.
It was the System voice that talked to her in Japanese so Yuri used this voice as anchor for her mind. It also didn't helped that Yuri grew up in an orphanage that's run by a religion that calls the System Voice "The Voice of God".
Another small detail that the anime skipped is that the System Voice talks in Japanese to the isekai students, meanwhile the natives hear it in their local language.

but being fair I was expecting the anime to skip several details about the System. The novel is super technical about how the System works which is sad because is one of the things why the novel is known, the System is very well explained and there's a legitimate in-world reason about why it exist (not the usual "lel number" like other novels).

Oh boy, those points sound a lot important though. I don't read Novels, guess I'll read the manga after this and hope for the best.
Jan 24, 2021 2:09 PM
Dec 2017
Snaita said:
Oh boy, those points sound a lot important though. I don't read Novels, guess I'll read the manga after this and hope for the best.

Unfortunately the manga cut all the students chapters and decided to focus entirely in Kumoko's adventure on the dungeon. Even worst, the information presented in the students chapters is necesary for the post Dungeon Arc.
If you want the full strudents story the only option is the novel.
Jan 24, 2021 2:51 PM

Jun 2012
linkhuesitos said:
Snaita said:

Unfortunately the manga cut all the students chapters and decided to focus entirely in Kumoko's adventure on the dungeon. Even worst, the information presented in the students chapters is necesary for the post Dungeon Arc.
If you want the full strudents story the only option is the novel.

Hmm, that's gonna be though then
Jan 24, 2021 3:28 PM

Nov 2012
Yeah they seem to be rushing the story a bit, the human character development is sub par to the point that they feel like a bunch of npcs.

I wish they kept to the pacing of the LN a bit more, that way we could have proper character development and still enjoy plenty of action.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Jan 24, 2021 6:58 PM
Dec 2017
Interesting, it seems that the beginning of the OP will be updated with every new evolution.

In spoiler tag to not make the post too big
Jan 24, 2021 7:56 PM

May 2014
no_good_name said:
Yeah they seem to be rushing the story a bit, the human character development is sub par to the point that they feel like a bunch of npcs.

I wish they kept to the pacing of the LN a bit more, that way we could have proper character development and still enjoy plenty of action.
There are two problems with that:

1) There would not be enough airtime to get to the end of volume 5.

2) Many of the anime-only viewers are outraged by the mere sight of Shun and co. because they don't know what role they play in the story and don't have the patience to wait for even a few episodes. What would happen if Shun and co. were given more screen-time?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.