Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2021 9:30 AM

Apr 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The body contracted dengue fever... Those annoying mosquitos. Thank god the Mast cell released histamines, if the dengue proliferated it could've gone A LOT worse.

Acne is really annoying. Even if it's just one hair, white blood cell will not stand down.

Jul 2018
damn this episode was pretty nice, white blood cell was so cool and that speech was really badass. the hair cell boy was so wholesome.

also, was that mask thing a jOjO’sS ReEFEREnce!?!? i had to say it

Jul 2017
Another 2-parter episode, and are well-known big potential liabilities of the human body.

Dengue Fever. Mosquito and malaria, brings past memories of H1N1. And that's where the brain operates by sending signals to the Mast Cell. The importance in releasing histamine for immunity against a potential deadly virus from a single bite of an insect we all hate to get bitten by.

Acne. OOH finally the hair cells get a mention, and infamous for the outbreak of sebum-loving acne germs which produce disgusting pus when it is under inflammation. So much hair, so many pores. U-1146 facing it alone against a germ, and the hair cells literally "taking a stand" as help, even for a single strand of hair.

Another good episode, and more 2-parters to come.
Jan 21, 2021 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
I really dig the creativity when it comes to showing off the diseases or infections and what not in these, the way they show what is happening and such, in terms of that at least.
Jan 21, 2021 9:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Mast cells overreactions is always so amusing. Hmm to think that the Dengue fever cells took the form of masks to infect other cells with. Basophil is as cryptic as ever. The damage done by the bite plus the Dengue virus sure was extensive. Though she has a tendency to overreact in this case Mast cell's contribution really served to buy the cells time until the immune cells got there. The hair matrix cell really was brave though. Amusing in that the Acne are portrayed as worms. Powerful worms though judging by the amount of WB cells they killed. Still the final fight against the germ king sure was fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2021 9:40 AM
Sep 2015
This is the first time I see shirtless cells and they don't have nipple! Wish I could see WBC and Killer T-cell shirtless.
Jan 21, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
Got to see the Dengue virus invasion and the WBC protecting a single hair. RIP all the WBC who died protecting that single hair.
Jan 21, 2021 9:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Mosquitos are very annoying, and for sure the Dengue is too, a really small insect can make that much damage to the body.
And the Acne too, but at least the white blood cell did a great job
Jan 21, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
My poor innocent bloods, got sucked by little evil flying things called Mosquito. They should've just perish already!!

Hysterical actually can be quite cute, damn hahaha. Tho even her usual pissed self is alr cute.

I love how the elder hair cell is an actual white hair, hahaha, quite correct.
All hair cell lives matter, our boy WBC and co wouldn't let any cells suffered, they will fight for them no matter how few they are. The germs are annoying af lol, both on how they talked and how they look XD
Jan 21, 2021 9:54 AM

Jan 2017
The Aedes mosquito is really scary, dengue fever is no joke but the way it's portrayed here with the masks makes it doesn't seem so. TIL Histamine is like candy for the neutrophils

Acne eh? Very surprised to see the amount of pus collected in just a SINGLE hair, welp I'm off to shampoo my hair

Jan 21, 2021 10:23 AM

Sep 2019
The Dengue Fever problem solved quickly thanks to the plot armor lol. Hair cell was adorable, I’m glad white blood cell was able to save him.
Jan 21, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2020
Damn those mosquito bites...
I just love Hakkekkyuu-san so much, that last scene with that "hat" gift haha he's at least grateful xD
Jan 21, 2021 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
WAS THAT A JOJO'S REFERENCE?
Jan 21, 2021 1:47 PM

Apr 2018
Damn contracting Dengue from a mosquito could have gone worst if it proliferated.

I always wonder what happens with Acne since i get a lot of it on my hair for some reason.
Jan 21, 2021 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
Cannot believe we got such a blatant JoJo reference in this anime, I forgot that part in the manga. Mosquitoes are pests and the body had to suffer the consequences of being bitten by one. Really sad how that polite Langerhans cell had to be killed by the inmunitary cells, but such is the life in the body. We got some screentime for Mast Cell, which is always welcomed.

The death of that acne germ was the most satisfying death of an antagonist in the series, tying with the Bacillus Cereus from the previous season. So glad the hair cells were freed at the end (especially after the latest episode of Hataraku Saibou Black).
WBC keeps being best boy. Love the contrast between how brutal he is while doing his job and how friendly he is at the same time.
Jan 21, 2021 2:14 PM
Nov 2020
Second part was really nice. First too although a bit repetitive with histamine and then standard bacteria killing.
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Jan 21, 2021 2:19 PM

Apr 2015
Wasn't entirely sure what the first part was about, but when it ended it was clear it was a mosquito bite. I hate those fuckers.

So in both shows, Hair cells get their mention. Acne is a pain though, so it's nice to see that Acne germ get slashed up. I swear how both of the most annoying recurring things for me gets mentioned in this episode, Pimples and Mosquito bites.

Great episode though!
Jan 21, 2021 3:03 PM

Jun 2017
It was pretty unusual seeing a mountain of white blood cell corpses in this healthy body. I hate acne, that crap still haunts me at the age of 28 from time to time.
Jan 21, 2021 3:05 PM

Sep 2015
Basophil-san never fails to crack me up whenever he shows and starts talking deep non-sense
Jan 21, 2021 4:04 PM

Jan 2020
I did not know that the dengue virus could be eliminated that easy, that is to say that viruses can be eliminated naturally by the body? What about the HIV virus?

And, it is interesting to know that only specific cells are infected with dengue in the beginning.

Acne, if I had known that with cleaning and oxygen much is avoided, I used to wash my face more often during my youth, ahg

Anyone else notice they changed the animation of the histamine cell? or is it just my imagination?

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jan 21, 2021 6:31 PM

Jul 2011
Now, where in the heck the body is? Because I'm pretty sure Japan isn't exactly the place to get Dengue.
Jan 21, 2021 7:17 PM

Mar 2019
That pore looked like Middle East to me, both in environment and people's attire
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 21, 2021 7:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Epidermic centric problematic episode.

Dengue fever in the first part, and the second was an acne.

That mosquitoe bite visual was just too real. Poor rbc-chan almost got sucked out, gladly she was saved. Its not long enough until dengue virus infected a nearby langerhan cells and provided a local infection. Fortunately, even though Mast cell always lost her temper and did a wrong turn with her way of works, these time, she did a great work by representing a well-placed histamines in the right time. Bye-bye fever, and rip for those langerhan cells and most cells that got sucked out by the previous mosquitoe attack.

The next episode represented another wbc badass moment. He survived long enough and provided a good resistance against those local one root hair inflammation. Its caused by those worm acne germs, and made the local hair matrix cells turned into their slaves to produced more sebums. In the end, everything just turned out to be good enough. Thanks to wbc-san determination to slaughtering those germ without any hesitations.

Another nice educative episode, once again, by Hataraku Saibou.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 21, 2021 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
i can only imagine an acne outbreak like a good number of us has...
funny we get Hair Cell related episodes for both shows. the main Hair Cell here is adorable too lol
Jan 21, 2021 9:01 PM

May 2015
Axelucard said:
WAS THAT A JOJO'S REFERENCE?
INDEED IT WAS, THAT TOO FROM THE STUDIO ITSELF

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 21, 2021 11:04 PM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
Imo, easily the best episode of S2 so far. Just so many good scenes this time.
Jan 22, 2021 12:40 AM

Oct 2017
Dengue virus part was pretty hilarious and the second half was okay. Thou Hakkekkyuu wearing that thing looked funny.
Jan 22, 2021 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
personally, if i have to say...that Dengue virus was pretty WEAK! something like Strain-1 Dengue virus.
I'm saying this because i had actually got Dengue in real life two times!
First instance was strain 1 in which i was confined to the hospital in just 1 week.
2nd instance was worse because it is Dengue Strain-2 in which i was confined at the hospital for morethan 2 weeks! And my platelet count was almost reached the lowest threshold for considering a blood transfusion, but what happened was I was never transfused because my platelet count slowly increased because of 'Tawa-tawa" remedy intake.
I never had strain-3 Dengue, but if ever that happens...good luck to me because blood transfusion is the only salvation.

anywayz great episode!
5/5.

Jan 22, 2021 2:01 AM

Mar 2016
lol Dengue is a tengu.

We learnt about pus from this anime as well.

I know that histamine is important, but I really hate it. So, I understand why the cells would be mad.

Jan 22, 2021 4:26 AM

Jul 2020
Onii-Chan saved the day once again. Funny to see white blood cell being embarrassed to wear that head.

Mast Cell has quite an adorable side, lets give her more compliments!
Jan 22, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2014
I think this is the best episode of season 2 so far. =)

I do love Mast Cell's tsundere personality, although it's down to her who keeps using histamine too often, so I can understand the frustration of the other cells. Thankfully, after listening to the monotone rambling of Basophil, she got her act together to take down the threat of dengue, with the way it was portrayed with the tengu masks being funny.

I count myself lucky to never suffer from acne, but I can see how painful it can be. Our favourite WBC did a stellar job in fighting the acne that took over the hair root. Seeing how many corpses of WBC that lost their fight against and being with the young hair lad inspired WBC to go all out.

Although, wearing the hair accessory on his head does look rather dumb, though. No wonder RBC was rather surprised by it. XD
Jan 22, 2021 6:06 AM
Apr 2019
Damn. David Productions is throwing some JoJo references out here!

I learned more about dengue here easily rather than those Highschool days.
Jan 22, 2021 7:58 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god is that Stone Mask Jojo Reference??? I hate to say it but it looks so similar plus it was from the same Studio David Production... Lmao

That Mosquito bite was way too real... So In the beginning we see Histamin as electric shock effect, is that why we got itching on our skin??? Wow 😲

So this is why Acne are so hard to get rid off, they have the perfect place to live and supply of food to fight against WBC
Never thought i would see dozen of WBC corpse in this show...

Thank god i have watched my face often now and so rarely got any Acne...
Jan 22, 2021 11:49 AM

Dec 2016
A mosquito bite always sucks, and no one likes them :(

Acne is the worst cuz I know many people suffers from it and I feel bad for those who were very unlucky. It's one of those things that makes someone loose their self esteem depending how bad it looks, and most of all painful, very painful >_<

Great episode! And looking forward for next week as always ^w^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 23, 2021 12:38 AM

Oct 2016
That was a very good episode, tsundere Mast Cell was great and those immune cells massacred those dengue infected cells lmao. It's cool that the original and code black had an episode related to the hair root at the same time.
Jan 23, 2021 6:43 AM

Nov 2015
I'm just here for the JoJo's reference comments haha
That reference was just so on the spot! Loved it!
Jan 23, 2021 7:00 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
This episode’s Hakkekkyuu san is so cool <3
Also, I understand why acne came to my skin..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2021 10:08 AM

Dec 2013
10/10 Jojo reference, this episode was on the darker side with the loss of so many red and white cells and next episode I will finally get to know what are those new mascots from the opening.
Jan 23, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, acne seems like no big deal but after watching this it's made me realize just how awful it really is. I can't believe out of everything White Blood Cell has fought so far ACNE is the thing that nearly ended him; now I get why it's so hard to get rid of.
Jan 23, 2021 5:02 PM

Mar 2018
thats one of the best jojo references ive seen and his new hat at the end lmao
Jan 23, 2021 10:31 PM

Jul 2011
ldanes said:
I did not know that the dengue virus could be eliminated that easy, that is to say that viruses can be eliminated naturally by the body? What about the HIV virus?

yes, some viruses can be eliminated naturally by the body, although the process is not as simple as it is shown in the anime, it is needed a group work of a lot of cells and not only the neutrophils. hiv is one of the viruses that cant be eliminated since it has mechanisms to evade the host immune system and has a high mutation rate, thats why it is so hard to find a cure or a vacine
Jan 24, 2021 3:07 AM

Dec 2010
I need more Sugita (Acting philosophical) and Ayako (Saber) in my life...

That second part was a surprise
Jan 24, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2012
David Production, I see what you did there...

also dengue tengu lol

So both Code BLACK and S2 recently had episodes involving pus and hair matrix cells.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 24, 2021 11:57 AM

Jul 2016
David Production making more jOjo rEfeRencES in Cells at Work!!? Thank you.

WBC acted pretty heroically this episode. His female counterpart in Black would be so proud.
Jan 24, 2021 10:22 PM
Dec 2019
I loved the pun of Dengue being Tengu
Jan 25, 2021 2:58 AM

Jan 2020
Saniest said:
ldanes said:

yes, some viruses can be eliminated naturally by the body, although the process is not as simple as it is shown in the anime, it is needed a group work of a lot of cells and not only the neutrophils. hiv is one of the viruses that cant be eliminated since it has mechanisms to evade the host immune system and has a high mutation rate, thats why it is so hard to find a cure or a vacine

Thanks for the answer, it would be very tedious to show the whole process so I'm fine with them summarizing things in the anime

So then HIV is a serious thing, there are viruses of all kinds, interesting

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jan 25, 2021 2:14 PM

Dec 2017
Very high spirits, very cute, with a good comedy, and a very light romance. This anime is so good that it can afford to release two in the season and does not saturate. It filled my smile. Love!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 25, 2021 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
Damn, that death count in the first half though.
Jan 26, 2021 11:10 PM

Feb 2014
This season is making me scared to live. Can't bear my loss for the mosquitos or the pimples.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 27, 2021 12:22 AM

Jun 2019
matias067 said:
personally, if i have to say...that Dengue virus was pretty WEAK! something like Strain-1 Dengue virus.
I'm saying this because i had actually got Dengue in real life two times!
First instance was strain 1 in which i was confined to the hospital in just 1 week.
2nd instance was worse because it is Dengue Strain-2 in which i was confined at the hospital for morethan 2 weeks! And my platelet count was almost reached the lowest threshold for considering a blood transfusion, but what happened was I was never transfused because my platelet count slowly increased because of 'Tawa-tawa" remedy intake.
I never had strain-3 Dengue, but if ever that happens...good luck to me because blood transfusion is the only salvation.

anywayz great episode!
5/5.

Yeah, it's kinda weak in this episode. My platelet count also dropped. I had very high fever. I was losing myself due to high temperature. I was expecting something along those lines here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

yvsei - Feb 25, 2021

106 by sanjis-balls »»
Apr 13, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

58 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 11, 2021

58 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 4, 2021

57 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 28, 2021

67 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 2:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.