Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hakozaki needs better training with that sword of hers. That was face palm worthy to watch just trying to hold it.

I find the fighting this episode amusing honestly with Yotsuya using a frying pan as one of his weapons. Hakozaki got bitten right into her armor. She's so full of openings that it's painful to watch. This party needs to improve themselves a lot more.
Oct 30, 2020 6:28 AM

Mar 2019
I cried when at work watching Hakozaki's backstory, she has such a pure heart she's sad when killing goblins.

A frying pan is a good weapon, it seems to work against beasts. The fight animation was pretty bad.

Rip
Oct 30, 2020 7:34 AM
Oct 2016
The big Hakozaki episode after Shindou got her development a few weeks back. Learning how she's been physically weak since she was a little kid and always unable to participate in most activities. Wanting to go to medical school so she can learn how to cute herself and her mother from their disease. The fear Hakozaki feels from seeing such visceral scenes like those bandits being killed really mess her up. Luckily in this world her physical abilities aren't held back by that disease but her mind is still by her own misgivings regarding having to kill things. Which kinda makes Kavhel a good sword teacher for Hakozaki. Since we learn this episode that Kavhel personal love for cutting flesh is all about. Big moment for Hakozaki being able to kill that beast monster with her longsword. Now the heroes have a tough choice regarding this event with the heretics.
Oct 30, 2020 7:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Looks like they wanted to do an Hakozaki focus this time, not surprising but well everything is still very cliché, I don't have many hopes for this anime at this point xD
Oct 30, 2020 7:42 AM

Feb 2019
This was a really good episode. I enjoyed seeing Hakozaki’s backstory and couldn’t help but get emotional at her struggles. With wanting to go to medical school because of her mom, and her mental turmoil when fighting monsters.. really powerful stuff. The show’s gradually getting better and better.
Oct 30, 2020 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
Now it's Kusue's turn to get her backstory, and death is pretty much her taboo. In comparison to her peaceful life in Japan (before being Isekai-ed), the Isekai world is totally what she didn't expect to confine to, and she is pretty much forced to work her way up.

In contrast of Yotsuya though, his weird upgrades and limited choices of weaponry are still quite the hilarity though, even though Karvel is the swordswoman fetish of killing monsters, KEK

Goblins again...and Kusue's trauma doesn't let up...cut more flesh to overcome your fear, girl! I'd fear that every hero is becoming more of a nutcase in their own stupid way, but yeah I guess it works.

Brillant teamwork though for the Yotsuya and Co. But the goods that the Game Master asked them to deliver...are heretics? What is going on with this quest!?

NGL, this is getting interesting.
Oct 30, 2020 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
Eyyyy character development. Loved it, hope she grows more confident with a sword.
Oct 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Apr 2019
Yotsuya going PUBG style with that frying pan, cool development for Hakozaki I guess even if it as just a little, her resolve isn't really that realistic. So they completed an event (or not?) well, otw there with prisoners on death row for some religion? they might be the 'goods'

Oct 30, 2020 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
This anime is a waste of time every episode is worse than the other episodes there is no good character development there only BAD character development there's no story arc every episode is the same shit over and over I am dropping the shit
Overall 2 out of 10
it's the worst anime of this season
Oct 30, 2020 9:32 AM

Sep 2019
Hakozaki hates killing, even if it risks her own life. She’s the “saint” of this show. She wanted to get in to a medical school, but got sent to another world which you can’t survive without killing.

Hakozaki finally used her sword.
Oct 30, 2020 11:12 AM

Jan 2020
Nice character development for hakozaki
Oct 30, 2020 1:13 PM
Sep 2020
Ah no, I'm late watching it, in this episode it seems like it's getting exciting and tense
Oct 30, 2020 1:39 PM

Mar 2020
Hakozaki's development was decent, it is even understandable what she goes through. And Kahabell's fetish should not be underestimated.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 30, 2020 4:30 PM
Oct 2014
SaiDxvLight said:
This anime is a waste of time every episode is worse than the other episodes there is no good character development there only BAD character development there's no story arc every episode is the same shit over and over I am dropping the shit
Overall 2 out of 10
it's the worst anime of this season
I like the contrast between hakozaki’s goody two shoes personality and the MC being selfish. Also the soundtracks are weirdly good for such a low quality show. Not to mention they play at the most random times lol
Oct 30, 2020 4:36 PM
May 2018
So Hakozaki is boring af and Megane girl is most useless and stupid character of entire show
Oct 30, 2020 5:16 PM

Mar 2020
Hakozaki finally did something...she didn't look cool though cause the animation was god awful with a soundtrack I just can't get into. At least there was some character development.

OK episode :/
Oct 30, 2020 8:33 PM
Jan 2014
The MC's personality is interesting, too pragmatic but in a good way.

Now the quest isn't so straightforward after all. Wonder how they will resolve it.
Oct 30, 2020 8:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kusue backstory was fine. No hard feeling about that. She just wanted to protect everyone. But she just too weak and couldn't realized how she had a deep fear with the blood and can't even slice up the living flesh, like a mere knight. Thanks to the woman knight that had the damn fetish, she somehow had more motivation to got rid of her phobia, and learnt a new trick to be more useful. Its not easy to surpassed the feeling and she just a mere weak girl. So, its really an understandable situations and such a good development over her character in the end.

Yeah, this was a nice episode to progressed their characters to be a better party member and got out of a dependancy of Yotsuya. While Yotsuya even get a better development, he used all of his skills pretty well done. Especially with his new job as a creatures mage. Okay. Their journey to the western city felt easy so far, no bad deal. But, that end event kinda surprised them at most part. The goods were actually the human prisoners. Whats their action there? Lets see the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 30, 2020 9:27 PM
May 2020
lol he really almost laughed in her face, what a fucker. And what's up with those monsters? I bet some furry jerked off to that.

On another note, when the knight girl was talking about how she likes to cut flesh I was thinking that she and Darkness would get along so well, they are made for each other. Also, even if Kusue's character development is very cliche and kinda boring, I think it's necessary at the end of the day, this anime could be worse for the budget that it has and I dare to say that it's actually decent and it has some good things.
Oct 31, 2020 12:11 AM

Oct 2015
I'm honestly enjoying this show for what it is but they should really stop with these abrupt tone shifts, it's getting pretty annoying
Oct 31, 2020 1:01 AM

Dec 2014
hmm well that was...ok but they are heading to the right bath
Oct 31, 2020 2:35 AM

Oct 2016
Good episode, Hakozaki got some good character development. Though, there is still huge room for development. Well to be honest all of them has a huge room for character development.

Yuusuke really laughin in Hakozaki's face when she wanted to save the child lmao. But, at least he respected it that really did sound badass. Hmm, heretics huh. Wonder what they'll do.
Oct 31, 2020 3:18 AM

Oct 2017
Dun like any of the girls except Kahvel so couldn't care less about Hakozaki's backstory. Kahvel's short banckstory was lit thou XD.
Oct 31, 2020 5:36 AM
Jul 2017
Is it even a character development when they wasted a whole episode to show the idiotic struggles of a retarded person that will be forgotten right in the next episode to focus more on the plot? At least MC is somewhat understanding of what's going on.
Oct 31, 2020 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
yikes super generic - this is a really bad attempt of patching together random isekai plots smashed into 1. Can't believe money was spent animating this.

Maple needs to come down here and kick that impostor Hakozaki's ass.
Oct 31, 2020 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
I want to like it...I do but it just keeps getting worse by the week. Boring AF
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 31, 2020 1:18 PM

Aug 2011
I really love the manga but i just cannot overlook the bad points of this adaptation:
- Bad animation
- Meh art at times (from a newcomer studio which only did 1 anime + one another this fall)
- Weird pacing

I still find this anime enjoyable but not to the same extent as the original source. I can understand people not liking this.
At least, it is better than the ok-tier "Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko" and the shitfest that is "Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear"
Oct 31, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
I like they're going down the route of how traumatic it can be to kill living beings compared to our peaceful ordinary lives. The shit-colored blood really dumbs down the reality of it though.

Like Yotsuya, Hakozaki really drew the short end of the stick in terms of job compatibility. Hopefully when she finally manages to rank up she can change to a more supportive class.

Yotsuya's scumbag/logical reactions are so good though. Like how he barely managed to hide his face at her "noble" wish to save a child or her life wouldn't be worth living
Oct 31, 2020 9:10 PM
Nov 2019
The only thing I liked about this anime since the 1st ep is the cynical mc. Looks like there isnt gonna be anything new to this, everything else is so cliché. I'll drop this.
Oct 31, 2020 10:47 PM
Jul 2018
Man I feel like they are trying really hard to be serious, but it just comes out like a joke lol. Hakozaki's mini episode was pretty garbo and kept contradicting herself the whole time. "I have to protect everyone." Then followed with "I can't kill." I understand that no normal person would be able to kill out of no where, but again it's a fantasy show, shouldn't they be able to? And once again the Otaku complaining about everything even though she can't do shit.

I feel I've seen way too many of these generic isekai's and cliches. Some shows can actually execute these cliches well, but in this shows case it comes off like a joke. I'm probably going to drop it, but I think I'm going to give it a couple more episodes just to see where it goes.
removed-userOct 31, 2020 10:50 PM
Nov 1, 2020 3:54 AM
May 2017
Liked the ep, Kusue is in a way probably the most realistic character, it is how a normal person would react to all this: "I wasn't the happiest in the outside world, but it was peaceful, I don't want to do this shit, lemme just go home".
The way she is not taking killing things as the most natural thing in the world is something we rarely see in isekai anime, the only other isekai I remember having the same thing is Grimgar.

Even if we don't count that she generally wouldn't want to hurt a fly, she is having the hardest time in the isekai world. The other 2 girls are mages, meaning "just aim at the general direction of the enemy and poof magic", fighting in hand to hand combat is a lot harder.

The way she took down the wolf thing (despite basically she cannot fight at all) was pretty well done.
Our heroes find themselves in a grim situation: they need to complete the mission if they want to live, but the mission is heavily conflicting with their (and modern humanity's) beliefs.
Anyway, this raises an interesting question, not many basic isekai does.
imSOuniqueNov 1, 2020 4:08 AM
Nov 1, 2020 8:29 AM

Sep 2020
If only Hakozaki knew of the goblins from Goblin Slayer... It's unfortunate, but she put way too much thought into what she had to do to "protect everyone". It's not like they have to kill people (even though they can't), but it would've been more interesting to see them having to deal with the fact that at some point they'll have to kill people. Hopefully we'll see that, but I kind of doubt it. The show itself is trying really hard with these characters and their backstories, so I'll cut it some slack I guess.
Nov 2, 2020 4:25 PM

Nov 2013
me at the start:
oh that's a sad backstory, poor girl, hope she gets that medical study done

me at the middle:
don't try to make me feel bad for that stupid goblin, geez lmao
also, cutting living things feel good i guess... this Darkness version is also funny

me at the end:
no one cares about this quest anymore, execute them all :D

SHOKEI! SHOKEI! SHOKEEEEEEEEEI!

winddevil1Nov 2, 2020 4:36 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 3, 2020 1:02 AM
Apr 2020
Kusue really needs to learn how to fight, she's a warrior after all. That's some kinda luck that she was able to defeat the goblin and the werewolf. Welp, at least she gained experience.

Nov 3, 2020 5:13 AM
Mar 2012
Nice it really focusing on character pov backstory & some game mechanics, evading the usual isekai drab.
Yotsuya's multiclass variety makes him almost too useful vs the others, surprising his last weird abilities help speedup healing. His pov stays on game strategy, but realizes the mechanics are starting to go against his inhuman thinking.
Kusue's healthcare pov makes it her biggest challenge to instead kill foes, & opposite to Yotsuya she see's the isekai as all real, even npc kids.
Worstgirl... well just staying worst, her repeated jealousy all focused on mc gaining points.
The vague quest just added a moral dilemma on transporting heretics, looking forward how it hits each hero's povs and their backstories.
Nov 4, 2020 10:00 PM

Mar 2016
Hakozaki is alot confusing and just hopeless for me. Her first motive was to make a cure for her and her mother's condition. After coming to the new world, she doesn't know how to make do here and ends up being scared. Now, she finds killing people pretty difficult. However, in order to survive, she needs to kill and she knows that yet she still does not try and take a different stance than just brute forcing it. I hope she just changes her class to a medic as that would make much sense given her personality.
Nov 5, 2020 4:15 PM

Mar 2010
I LOVE that sadistic meat cutting flesh bitch, And nice progression on that beta gal.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 9, 2020 9:47 AM

Jun 2019
MC is an absolute asshole. Girls are somehow good in this show other than Darkness. LUL.
Nov 17, 2020 4:11 AM
Dec 2019
Ashhk said:
Looks like they wanted to do an Hakozaki focus this time, not surprising but well everything is still very cliché, I don't have many hopes for this anime at this point xD
agreed, it can only go downhill from here
Dec 30, 2020 6:46 PM

Jan 2019
I hope we are done with Kusue’s backstory her crybaby narration is so exhausting to watch I wish they just made her a mage so I didn’t have to hear her complain
Oct 1, 2021 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
Having the warrior job class sure is the worst match for Kusue, who seems more fit for a support role seeing how she couldn't handle killing another living being. I can't blame her too much for that as she comes from peaceful Japan, but Yotsuya who when you think about it is actually quite the anomaly with how easily he can kill monsters and humans without regret.

Dec 31, 2021 9:19 AM

Dec 2014
If Kusue can't fight and really want to play a support role, she could fucking be a tanker with her shield, the shield is as big as a human size. I fucking believe all of her teammate will appreciate it since their only strategic is to die over and over again instead of trying to survive.

This is a half-ass anime/manga after all, can't really expect much from a stupid author.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 24, 2022 7:39 PM
Dec 2022
Kusue's development was dragged on way too long this episode imo.

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.