Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 11, 2020 8:22 PM
Nov 2016
aRBYso said:
Gotta love seeing Rie Takahashi talk to herself.

Wonder if in future episodes they'll also have other same VA talking to themself such as:

Asami Setō (Raphtalia and CZ2128 Delta) talk to herself.

or

Yūsuke Kobayashi (Subaru and Vooren Grantz) talk to himself.

or

Yumi Uchiyama (Mare Bello Fiore and Puck) talk to herself.
Feb 11, 2020 8:44 PM

Feb 2014
Betelguse spreading the sin of love around.....DEATH!!! Would have loved to see him meeting not just Albedo and Sebastian but the whole Overlord crew, especially Ainz. That would have been terrific.

Also Kazuma trolling Weiss was epic XD.

Franz_Kuznetsov said:

It's hard to believe that something like this could ever happen in the main series of Youjo Senki, it's extremely unrealistic... XD

Yeah we can see how terrified the Colonel is XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 11, 2020 8:48 PM

Nov 2017
redwhitenblue said:
Why do people keep saying Betelgeuse is saying "Death"? Isn't he saying "Desu", which means "To be / is / are"?

You should watch chunibyou to know the reference about death and desu...

- GIVE ME CHOCO... atatatatatattatataatattaa do kyun.
- Bettelguese doesnt death huh? Glad sebas kick his ass before meeting Re:zero character
- 2 day before valentine.... i dont feel love like normal people but...
Now Loading.....
Feb 11, 2020 9:07 PM

Feb 2015
Albedo looks just so happy and cute at the end but when she was cooking I just kept thinking "Don't eat the cookies..."

Subaru is of course blinded by the impossible dream, so happy with Emilia's giri choco. Ah, we all need someone like Rem!
Feb 11, 2020 10:03 PM
Mar 2015
Betleguese was hilarious
Poor Ains So much love but he can't eat chocolate
Kazuma was really a dick to Weiss
Feb 11, 2020 11:01 PM

Feb 2019
I didn't know that many people watched this.. I feel like we haven't got much Raphtalia and TNY cast doing much yet, they were barely even in this ep, Darkness needs to stop hiding her feelings towards Kazuma. I would love to eat those albedo cookies
Feb 12, 2020 12:42 AM
Jun 2017
happy valentines day to everyone...
Feb 12, 2020 3:13 AM
Aug 2017
This episode was brilliant. Easily my favourite from Isekai Quartet.
Feb 12, 2020 3:42 AM

Dec 2017
This episode is beautiful.
Feb 12, 2020 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
This ep just reminded me that the shield hero cast are supposed to be here now, besides ep 1 this is the only ep where they appeared again lol.
Emilia is just the most adorable little thing!
Troll Kazuma at it again! dude also got 3 choco's from his harem! nays chocolate!
I need more shield hero cast scenes! come on they're supposed to be the new additions!
Feb 12, 2020 6:30 AM

Mar 2017
Well, this is a heartwarming episode.

Loving Takahashi Rie talks to herself.

Darkness denying her feeling and Kazuma was so happy he got them chocolates lol.

Subaru you massive dickwat.
Feb 12, 2020 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm Valentine special ...pretty uch expected.... nice
Feb 12, 2020 10:52 AM
Oct 2014
SkyLETV said:
At first I felt sorry for Subaru but after the ending, nah... Fuck you, Subaru!

On the other hand it was really nice to see Kazuma happy after receiving chocolate from the three girls. I love how Megumin didn't hesitate to say Kazuma.

Kazuma trolling Weiss was great lmao.

And God dammit, even in the Valentine's Day episode they didn't do anything with the Shield Hero cast. At least they showed up in a still shot; good boy, Naofumi.
I don’t think Emilia would disregard Subaru to that extent. In the anime, Emilia worried for, fought with, and rejected Subaru, so she had to feel some type of way with him. Plus he did help her so there’s some gratitude there. She said she was indebted to him when they fought too. And as for Subaru, I don’t think he would be such an ingrate as to just disregard Rem’s chocolate. That’s just rude. Emilia wouldn’t approve of that. And Ram would be the shit out of him if she was there.
Feb 12, 2020 10:59 AM
Oct 2014
Mattinator95 said:
Emilia you airhead or just to pure XD

It was pretty funny when kazuma did his own at that momment narration after seeing albedo and Petelgeuse,
I’m like hold up, this voice sounds an awful lot like kazuma’s and when I realized it was him I laughed my ass off. It caught me off guard. Kazuma hasn’t done that before but he should do it more from now on.
Feb 12, 2020 1:09 PM
Jan 2018
-Stray said:
This ep just reminded me that the shield hero cast are supposed to be here now, besides ep 1 this is the only ep where they appeared again lol.
Emilia is just the most adorable little thing!
Troll Kazuma at it again! dude also got 3 choco's from his harem! nays chocolate!
I need more shield hero cast scenes! come on they're supposed to be the new additions!

Shield hero are side character/guests
Feb 12, 2020 1:26 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
I noticed they mistakenly had Megumin refer to Valentine's day as "a tradition in Kazuma's world" when in the Anime/Novels she doesn't actually know that he's from another world; they think he's just from some strange country they've never heard of.

I guess the original creators of all these shows aren't too involved with the production process, makes me wonder what other continuity errors they've made. Still a great show, but I thought this was weird.
Feb 12, 2020 1:31 PM
Oct 2019
This episode really shows how making each episode 20 mins would make the whole series much MUCH more enjoyable. This episode was very wholesome, and I wish it had more of the other casts as well, especially Shield Hero. This is probably one of the strongest episodes so far, I only wished that it had more:<
Feb 12, 2020 2:01 PM
Mar 2017
I never thought I would see the undesirable Petelgeuse again, but even so his presence in this episode was a great contribution, Albedo became a love apprentice thanks to this miserable being.

Finally the most anticipated event happened, a conversation between Megumin and Emilia, but the most fun was when Megumin Tanya and Visha sympathize with Subaru who is trapped in the friendzone
Lovely Albedo is the best of all, I love it when she is in these situations where her love overflows and her interaction with Petelgeuse is hilarious, Death!
Damn Kazuma, he made me laugh so much in this episode, since his reaction when he saw the conversation between Albedo and Petelgeuse, I agree with him, I'd rather run away before continuing to listen.
Another glorious moment of Kazuma was when I cheated on poor Weiss who only wanted to receive chocolate and only received blows and humiliation, the other thing that I enjoyed was how Kazuma's friendship with Tanya's squad became more friendly

I was very surprised when Sebas kicked Petelgeuse out of school, I came to think he was the cooking teacher

There were few winners in this event, Kazuma and Beatrice were the winners, Ainz does not count because he can not eat chocolate, either with Yun Yun, because one option is that she bought them to pretend that she has many friends or she bought them to give them away and so she would have friends.
Naofumi pampering his companions was also a very adorable image, Raphtalia's smile was too sweet.
As for those who lost, Subaru was one of the ones that hurt me the most, even though he received chocolate, it was only obligatory and also the poor Rem that her effort and love was ignored by the loser.
Tanya giving chocolate to Rerugen and Ram to Rosswald was too adorable, I expected this from Ram, but never from Tanya, she is too cruel and heartless to do that, I was quite surprised, also her lovely face killed me, the same with Albedo's smile, that was a perfect end.
Feb 12, 2020 6:04 PM

Jan 2016
Kazuma tricking Weiss was glorious xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 12, 2020 8:37 PM

Jul 2016
I haven't watch Re:Zero but seeing Subaru being so happy just for a tiny "friends" choco makes me want to punch him...

Honestly, I was expecting something more from a "Valentine's Day Special" episode. The scene with Tanya's subordinates was quite lame to say the least but fortunately, Kazuma being an ass made up for it a bit.
And despite how much I dislike Shield Hero, Raphtalia would have been a perfect addition for this kind of episodes. Having her with Albedo making choco would have been far more entertaining, I think.
Feb 12, 2020 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
bwahaha! Betelgeuse Romanée-Conti joins the fray!!!
5/5.
by the way the ED of this episode was performed by Azuna, Riko. (the one who also performed the ED of Shinchou Yuusha)
matias067Feb 12, 2020 11:37 PM

Feb 12, 2020 11:59 PM

Aug 2016
Adorable ep. Death!
Feb 13, 2020 12:38 AM
Nov 2018
Ok, I really didn’t love the episode. It was ok but the gags were meh.

Ok Betelgeuse was solid.
Feb 13, 2020 7:43 AM

Mar 2018
Really nice episode, Kazuma hilarious as usual and Megumin was really fast saying his name, kinda expected for me but still lol.

Was surprised by Grantz and the others giving the choco to Beatrice, also that Chris got that much chocolate, wasn't surprised by Yuyun because either she bought them for herself or for everyone else to get friends as others in here have already thought.

SH cast still being ghost characters, only appearing as a still image this time, hope they use them again but the show is Isekai Quartet after all...
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Feb 13, 2020 8:42 AM
Jul 2019
Betelgeuse showing up " DEATH" good that he got the boot early on....

Poor Capt Weiss, pretty much a sucker for Kazuma's antics...….GIVE ME CHOCO LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 13, 2020 11:46 AM

May 2018
Betelguese is wonderful! death!!
Feb 13, 2020 3:04 PM

Sep 2009
I just say obligatory jokles that "but he loves Emilia" and "but he is a lich".
Feb 13, 2020 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
yooo, where is the trembling brain joke? dafuq lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 13, 2020 10:31 PM

Mar 2019
ALL MY CHOCO FOR BEATRICE.... without any doubts.....

So cute both Ram/Rem choco-scenes... ;)
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Feb 14, 2020 2:04 AM
Aug 2017
I wish we could see the panic, cold sweat, and dread on Rerugen's face at the end when Tanya gave him chocolate. I did enjoy the clear shock you could see from behind, but I feel only someone who has seen Youjo Senki would really understand what Rerugen just went through there. Truly the most powerful gap moe to have graced the world.
Feb 14, 2020 5:18 AM
Oct 2017
Franz_Kuznetsov said:

It's hard to believe that something like this could ever happen in the main series of Youjo Senki, it's extremely unrealistic... XD

Why though? Pretty sure she gave it to him as a superior or colleague, and in the main series she does put a lot of effort to maintain her image in front of her superiors.
Feb 14, 2020 7:25 AM
Nov 2019
Where did yunyun get all of those chocolate . Its not like she has a friends to give her chocolate
Feb 14, 2020 8:59 AM
Sep 2019
SilverArmor said:
Where did yunyun get all of those chocolate . Its not like she has a friends to give her chocolate

What most of people think she did:

• Bought them to act like she has friends
  • Bought them to give them away cuz Yunyun is pure... and serves the Soviet Yunyun... sorry for that old joke
Feb 14, 2020 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
I wasnt expecting Petelgeuse to show up. That was a nice surprise. Though since when gets his desu translated with "death"?

Yunyun apparently got lots of chocolate, Felt gave Reinhardt some which was adorable and lmao Tanya probably scared him for life.

Franz_Kuznetsov said:

she literally said it was duty chocolate she gave her colleagues to thank them for their work, which is very much like Tanya. In the main series this might not happen because well world war.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 14, 2020 2:03 PM

Mar 2010
Happy valentines day, and yes I held off this episode just for this day to get into the mood lolz anyways twas a nice relaxing episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 15, 2020 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Betelgeuse again was... something... not sure how to describe these feelings really. Even weirder that him and Albedo got along so well.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 15, 2020 1:18 PM

Aug 2016
I dunno if I am more sad about Subaru or Rem in that giveaway, but I am definitelly sad for Captain Weiss and his bro squad. No chocolate for him. Also Tanya's overseer getting choco from little demonic girl, he was probably scared as hell. Scumzuma was bastard but funny as expected, I am surprised that even Aqua gave him samo choco though.

In the end, we got fun point with Ainz. Even though I kinda expected Betelgeuse makes Albedo use poison in her chocolate or something, but point is basically same in the end.

Happy Valentine's day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2020 12:02 PM
Jun 2016
OMG this episode killed me. My favorite apostle made an appearance. Albedo and Betelgeuse working on valentine chocolate was so awesome. I could totally ship that LMAO
Feb 16, 2020 4:37 PM

May 2019
Franz_Kuznetsov said:
Poor Rem... XD <3 <3

"I LOVE EMILIA"s choco.

Even in the Spin-Off Rem got pwned.
Feb 16, 2020 4:40 PM

May 2019
It's official.

Shield Hero seyuus was hired only for 10 lines in the intire IQ2.

There's 2 lines missing, maybe they use in the last episode.
Feb 16, 2020 4:56 PM
Dec 2019
i feel like its not as good at season one
Feb 17, 2020 3:34 PM

Jun 2016
trenchantbaka said:

Why though? Pretty sure she gave it to him as a superior or colleague, and in the main series she does put a lot of effort to maintain her image in front of her superiors.

Maybe you are right but it's still hard to imagine she could do something like this for Erich von Rerugen, it could be more realistic for Hans von Zettour maybe, anyway it's not her style, too sweet for her, I imagine more of a pub invitation for all for a beer... XD
Feb 17, 2020 9:44 PM
Oct 2017
Franz_Kuznetsov said:
trenchantbaka said:

Maybe you are right but it's still hard to imagine she could do something like this for Erich von Rerugen, it could be more realistic for Hans von Zettour maybe, anyway it's not her style, too sweet for her, I imagine more of a pub invitation for all for a beer... XD

Makes sense. But then again she wouldn't be playing friends with randos here in the first place lol.
Feb 18, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2017
Albedo's choco was creepy af lol.
Feb 19, 2020 4:41 AM
Aug 2018
I believe his "desu" was translated properly at the start a few times and then for some reason it switched to "death"

am confuse
Feb 21, 2020 10:02 PM

Aug 2017
This season really likes Weiss and his team lol.

Betelgeuse! He was an interesting addition to this episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 24, 2020 7:19 AM
Jul 2017
AntonKutovoi said:
Heh, that was the funniest episode of the season so far.

Oh, and Shimoneta has broken me. I can’t hear "love as an ingredient" phrase without remembering Love Cookies.

Cookies with "Love Nectar".
Feb 24, 2020 9:24 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
8/10
Feb 25, 2020 8:17 PM

Mar 2009
Raymond_Bermea said:
AntonKutovoi said:
Heh, that was the funniest episode of the season so far.

Oh, and Shimoneta has broken me. I can’t hear "love as an ingredient" phrase without remembering Love Cookies.

Cookies with "Love Nectar".

Indeed. I almost thought Albedo actually went to those extremes, but then I remembered she's a pure succubus.

Nice Valentine's episode.
Mar 1, 2020 2:17 PM
Feb 2020
Yet more proof Albedo is best girl.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Mar 14

5 by 2dbest »»
Mar 19, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

98 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

76 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

58 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2020

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.