Forum Settings
Forums

What's the most intense/hardcore anime you've seen? In what way?

New
Feb 6, 2020 8:24 PM

Jul 2016
Intense/hardcore nudity, romance, violence, betrayal or anything else!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 6, 2020 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
What comes to my mind are those particular ruins, dungeons, or caves that have eyes and spawn those little green creatures that loves to eat the flesh they crossbreed with.
Feb 6, 2020 10:54 PM

Dec 2018
When it comes to blood/gore and messed up stuff, Elfen Lied comes to mind. Probably the first super heavy gore series I watched since I started watching anime.
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Feb 6, 2020 11:07 PM

Apr 2010
When I watched Genocyber and saw 3 kids get swiss cheesed by an attack helicopter. That or pretty much any scene out of Urotsukidoji.
Feb 6, 2020 11:17 PM

Jan 2020
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
What comes to my mind are those particular ruins, dungeons, or caves that have eyes and spawn those little green creatures that loves to eat the flesh they crossbreed with.
same demn these filthy goblin creaturess

Made by k3ti
Feb 6, 2020 11:31 PM

Jan 2020
Mirai nikki, but I didn't like that anime at all

It just felt empty as well as the violence and the gore
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Feb 7, 2020 12:45 AM
May 2019
Attack on titan when erens mother gets eaten in front of him, literally first episode. I was not ready lol. Fantastic show
Feb 7, 2020 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Shigurui. I remember being so overwhelmed by it, I had to drop it after couple of episodes. Wonder if I’ll feel differently if I watch it now...
Feb 7, 2020 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Prolly Genocyber. I've only seen one episode so far tho.
Feb 7, 2020 1:06 AM

Jul 2017
BNHA. The sexual tension between Bakugou and Midoriya was almost too much. They should just get a room already. Hard to believe the series is PG.

Feb 7, 2020 1:08 AM
May 2019
Berserk, corpse party, another, elven lied, ninja scrolls, terraformars, helsing ultimate, blood c, parasyte maxim. All can be pretty intense. Nothing has really been to bad but these are always on the list.
Feb 7, 2020 1:11 AM

Nov 2018
Elfen Lied probably.It is so violent, that AOT doesn't even come close.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 7, 2020 1:12 AM

Nov 2018
AnimeSuckABit said:

The only part of the anime I liked was opening, tbh :)
I hate everyone equally
Feb 7, 2020 2:02 AM

Mar 2015
Nightshift Nurses definitely. Euphoria is up there too.
Feb 7, 2020 2:03 AM
Dec 2019
For nudity is has to be Ishuzoku Reviewers. It is so close to hentai but it is just ecchi.
Feb 7, 2020 2:04 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
The last ep of uma musume was the most fkn intense thing I've watched, definitely a show people needa get on board with
Feb 7, 2020 3:22 AM
May 2019
Genocyber
Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attack
Shigurui
Elfen Lied
Nightshift Nurses
Enbo
Feb 7, 2020 3:26 AM

Oct 2019
For gory stuff, I would say Tokyo Ghoul...
Feb 7, 2020 3:26 AM

Apr 2019
Probably Koi Kaze. It's genius lies in not taking sides, you are left alone with a situation which feels clearly wrong: incest by a grown man with his underage blood related sibling. Yet, there is no condemnation, villification like 99.9% of all directors would have done to help the viewer. Nope, you are left alone with the dilemma, for which only bad solutions exist. Just like the characters.

I find this much more disturbing and intense than blood, torture, or gore.

Feb 7, 2020 3:31 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Corpse Party was the most brutal I have seen.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Feb 7, 2020 11:58 PM

Jan 2020
Zevven said:
AnimeSuckABit said:

The only part of the anime I liked was opening, tbh :)

Me too ! That first opening was dope, too bad the anime wasn't
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Feb 8, 2020 8:35 AM
Aug 2018
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Intense scheming and plotting be it for politics or battle strategies and tactics. Almost, every character gets a moment to do it. Every character has a plan or an agenda. Its intense to the point it feels bloated sometimes.
Feb 8, 2020 8:36 AM

May 2018
One that immediately pops into my mind is Violence Jack. The story is not good by any means but the things that go down in it are down right grim. Full of murder and rape.
LaurenFeb 8, 2020 8:44 AM

SPRING

Feb 8, 2020 8:37 AM

Apr 2019
Probably the most hardcore anime I have watched was Testament of Sister New Devil. It should be a hentai, but it's not and it has 2 seasons
Feb 8, 2020 8:41 AM

May 2018
Probaby Interspecies Reviewers.

I have now classified my life in two distinct periods. One where I was a bum, and the other having achieved enlightenment after having watching the masterpiece that is Interspecies Reviewers.
Feb 8, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2016
One of the most hardcore anime I've watched is Girls und Panzer. I really love it when Japan makes anime for hobbyists. In this case, tank otakus. The anime is heaven for anyone who loves tanks or is into WWII history. GuP has very detailed 3d models of the tanks with relatively realistic way the tanks move and fight. The soundtrack is 10/10. They created military anthems from all over the world from scratch using an orchestra and it sounds beautiful.
Feb 8, 2020 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
I've seen Shigurui listed multiple times. I read that whole manga and wasn't bothered by it so now I feel like I have to watch the anime.

I got nothing, just came here for ideas.
Feb 10, 2020 1:25 AM

Oct 2019
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - When you think it was just a simple slice of life show and turns out you were very wrong indeed...
Feb 11, 2020 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
Texhnolyze, Aoi Bungaku Series, Kenpuu Denki Berserk, Devilman Crybaby
Feb 13, 2020 10:16 PM

Aug 2017
Without question or comparison, my answer is Gantz. It's hard to shock me, but Gantz's level of violence and gore was like next level.

Feb 13, 2020 10:50 PM

Jun 2019
If we're talking strictly about violence/gore, then definitely Genocyber. That shit is crazy.

Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku is probably the most intense anime I've seen (emotionally speaking). That was one wild ride.

In terms of hentai, Uba is fucking horrifying. That scared the shit out of me as a kid. Triangle Heart, City of Sin, and Datenshi-tachi no Kyouen are all pretty bonkers as well. And I couldn't even finish TSF Monogatari.
Feb 13, 2020 10:54 PM

Nov 2019
Definitely Elfen Lied and Akira, the gore is real. Oh, and you know, those two scenes from Made in Abyss..
Feb 14, 2020 4:09 PM

Aug 2018
I'm surprised almost no one said devilman crybaby yet, this shit was absolutely brutal in almost any way

Also that one episode of made in abyss, a bunch of parts in berserk, most of elfen lied, and this season's dorohedoro with some of its fight scenes
Feb 14, 2020 8:43 PM

Aug 2018
> First arc of Railgun S - Sister's Arc
(Intense action)

1st was Misaka vs Accelerator
Damn! I will never gonna forget when they first met, it was so intense af when Misaka like shakin up after witnessing how powerful the rank 1 esper which is Accelerator.

2nd Misaka vs ITEM/Mugino
Damn! Misaka almost 1v4 them lol

> D-Fragments/D-Frag
(Intense comedy)
Roka and the gang were so hilarious af
I remembered laughing so hard on this anime
good times
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 14, 2020 9:01 PM

May 2015
Injenss said:
Without question or comparison, my answer is Gantz. It's hard to shock me, but Gantz's level of violence and gore was like next level.

Go watch Genocyber, Violence Jack, or Legend of the Overfiend and you'll have a new appreciation for gore. Gantz is childs play compared to those
Feb 14, 2020 9:09 PM

Aug 2017
billybub said:
Injenss said:

Go watch Genocyber, Violence Jack, or Legend of the Overfiend and you'll have a new appreciation for gore. Gantz is childs play compared to those

I've seen Violence Jack and Legend of the Overfiend, I still think Gantz is more brutal. Probably because of the superior animation style depicting the gore better. But, so many people have said Genocyber, that I actually intend to watch it this weekend, because I've never seen that one before.
Feb 14, 2020 9:10 PM

May 2016
Easy. Yuru Camp. It was definitely in tents...

Seriously though, a lot of good answers were given so far. I'll throw in Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne into the mix. Some scenes did get a bit graphic. Torture, nudity, gore, etc.
Feb 14, 2020 9:22 PM

Aug 2016
Violence: Genocyber and Shigurui

Hardcore: Pigeon Blood (torture that involves piss, poop, vomit, needles), Shitai wo Arau (lots of drugs and sex with corpses), and most likely Kowaku no Toki (I've only seen some parts, but this is probably the most which involves raping amputees)
MechKingKillbotFeb 14, 2020 9:29 PM
Feb 14, 2020 9:23 PM

May 2015
Injenss said:
billybub said:

I've seen Violence Jack and Legend of the Overfiend, I still think Gantz is more brutal. Probably because of the superior animation style depicting the gore better. But, so many people have said Genocyber, that I actually intend to watch it this weekend, because I've never seen that one before.

Its early 90's over the top and just plain f'd up. If you're looking for something more modern definitely check out Shigurui if you haven't seen it or the new Blade oc the Immortal (same director)
Feb 14, 2020 9:34 PM

Jan 2020
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku -- if you want a series that will leave you empty and hollow after watching it, this is the one. Then, I haven't watched or read it, but I've heard that Narutaru is soul crushing due to what's depicted in it.

"No letter that could be sent deserves to go undelivered." - Violet Evergarden
signature and forum avatar made by Memor!
Feb 14, 2020 10:29 PM

Mar 2018
deadman wonderland
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Feb 14, 2020 10:34 PM

Jul 2019
Grisaia the Fruits, specifically the survival arc. It was really disturbing but one of the best arcs I've ever seen in my life. Or Hoshiai no Sora. They touch on bad parenting and they somewhat show the effects it has on junior high students and I feel like no other anime has really done that. It's not that intense or hardcore but it's somewhere along the lines
Feb 14, 2020 10:37 PM

Jul 2019
Grisaia the Fruits, specifically the survival arc. It was really disturbing but one of the best arcs I've ever seen in my life. Or Hoshiai no Sora. They touch on bad parenting and they somewhat show the effects it has on junior high students and I feel like no other anime has really done that. It's not that intense or hardcore but it's somewhere along the lines
Feb 14, 2020 10:42 PM

Jul 2019
Attackonfiller said:
BNHA. The sexual tension between Bakugou and Midoriya was almost too much. They should just get a room already. Hard to believe the series is PG.

Not gonna lie, this was the dumbest forum reply I've ever seen in my life. There is no sexual tension between the two characters, it was just Bakugo looking down on Midoriya until Midoriya, the one who was always below, was finally the same level as him. It was just a case of feeling inferior, not sexual tension.
Feb 14, 2020 10:46 PM

Dec 2019
Violence, and the show that takes the cake is Elfen Lied, if you are easily disturbed by blood and gore in general, stay away from this show because people just get torn in half out of the blue (if she is around that is)
Feb 14, 2020 10:56 PM

Aug 2015
Probably Euphoria, in pretty much every way. It's kind of hard to describe it. It's very sexual (a hentai), somewhat gory and has many other things in it like torture - or eating poop.
Feb 14, 2020 11:29 PM

Jul 2017
guych said:
Attackonfiller said:

Not gonna lie, this was the dumbest forum reply I've ever seen in my life. There is no sexual tension between the two characters, it was just Bakugo looking down on Midoriya until Midoriya, the one who was always below, was finally the same level as him. It was just a case of feeling inferior, not sexual tension.

Bruh, I was trolling hard. If anything, I put it out there more for the fun of it, I thought it was really bad bait lol

I hate Baku x Deku more than anything because the shippers love seeing sexual tension where there is literally none. My post was me lowkey making fun of those same people lol

Feb 14, 2020 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
I particularly avoid anime that are too intense when it comes to either profanity, nudity and to a lesser extent, violence.

When it comes to nudity, I usually avoid anime with an "R+ Mild Nudity" here in MAL since I'm quite not used to seeing full blown tits (for now that is). The most intense I've would probably be all the Evangelion movies. That and also the mindf-kery of End of Evangelion.

As for violence, there are plenty of anime I've seen with heavy amounts of violence which I'm sort of used to at this rate. But the one show that made me feel uncomfortable with its violence was Deadman Wonderland, and I'd say that's the most intense violent anime I've seen.

With profanity (mainly those with f-bombs, and btw, this is coming from someone who mainly watches dubs - don't judge), I would say Deadman Wonderland, Black Bullet, Full Metal Panic (specifically the 3rd and 4th seasons), and also Ghost Stories that has the most amount of f-bombs in an anime dub from what I've seen so far. Black Lagoon and Panty and Stocking doesn't count since I never seen these shows.

And finally, speaking of profanity. This is, in my opinion, the most intense anime scene I've seen in my life...
Feb 15, 2020 12:11 AM
May 2019
i think in terms of gore it would be another and tokyoghoul. in terms of raw emotional impact i think its rainbow the seven prisoners of cell 6 compound 2. that is really dark
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Spring 2024 Mid-Season Ranking

NoelleIsSleepy - 1 hour ago

9 by Prupel1 »»
3 seconds ago

» Ever thought an anime was a MASTERPIECE, then changed your mind? Or vice versa?

Rhae - 1 hour ago

3 by rey_n »»
2 minutes ago

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 7 hours ago

27 by ColourWheel »»
49 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - Today

42 by AE-2 »»
54 minutes ago

» Who is the most overrated villain in anime?

The-Wombat - 2 hours ago

3 by shyam_patel »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.