Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2019 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, they continued the episode from events of episode 12. Ofc, that means Uraka still had her cute outfit on for awhile.

Fumino didn't know who she kissed during her performance so the situation got complicated for her. At least we got a good portion of characters appearing in the series' finale. No season 3 announcement but we are getting an event coming in March 1st next year.
Stark700Dec 28, 2019 7:58 AM
Dec 28, 2019 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
AHH...this series ended with the Festival arc.

And then Uruka's decision to fly overseas to pursue her swimming scholarship, it's nice to see everyone send her off while everyone is spurring for their dreams.

Anyways, what a good 26 episodes of harem goodness, all ending here.
Dec 28, 2019 8:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
KANLen09 said:
AHH...this series ended with the Festival arc.

And then Uruka's decision to fly overseas to pursue her swimming scholarship, it's nice to see everyone send her off while everyone is spurring for their dreams.

Anyways, what a good 26 episodes of harem goodness, all ending here.

Season 3 is still a possibility.

Special event slated for 1st of March and another event for the 6th of Feb., it's very possible that we'll get the announcement. Although personally, I reckon this is it.

https://twitter.com/bokuben_anime/status/1210952798503886850?s=20
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 28, 2019 8:04 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Aww it ended, it was a fun ride. However, I think the show is not going to continue that おしまい is worst than 終わり. I would be expecting any announcement near March but my hopes are not high.

I liked the series so far but I am a bit disappointed. Recently, all the series are ending in a similar way, this season we had two.

Dec 28, 2019 8:17 AM

Jul 2014
Damn... not a fan on how they revealed firework girl, would have prefered the manga do that. It being Uruka didnt catch me off guard
eh guess you win some you lose some, my main girl lost here

Anyhow it was a meh ride. Manga is way better 22i art is great!
4/10
Dec 28, 2019 8:44 AM
Apr 2015
-Stray said:
Damn... not a fan on how they revealed firework girl, would have prefered the manga do that. It being Uruka didnt catch me off guard

4/10

What your score to manga ???
I will watch anime or read manga ?
Dec 28, 2019 8:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad it is finished, this season was very good !
Dec 28, 2019 8:47 AM
Jan 2018
Dec 28, 2019 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
ziad1419 said:
-Stray said:

4/10

Manga is currently at 8/10 for me. I suggest reading the manga.
Dec 28, 2019 9:00 AM
Apr 2015
-Stray said:
ziad1419 said:

Wow
What is problems this adaptation ?
I think i will watch anime
Dec 28, 2019 9:07 AM

Dec 2012
ziad1419 said:
-Stray said:

Wow

Anime skip a lot of chapters and build up to some arcs that manga set up. Plus anime focus on Fumino the most giving her arc and a lot of important moments to her.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 28, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2007
I can post it here, right? Click the link if you intend to read the manga and it may pique your interest because this is where the manga deviates from the anime original ending:

Link: The point where anime deviates from the manga. << This is immediately after Fumino arc (Fumino arc happens after the festival arc).

And it should be easy to identify the potential end girl(s) if you read the manga. The manga is in the end game now.

Also, the worst part of the anime is the pathetic way it seem to show that Uruka won when she didn't in the manga. It made it look like Uruka didn't do enough yet became the destined girl. Absolutely pathetic. The worst.

More complaints: The anime made Sensei into a fanservice character when she is one of the best written characters in harem manga. The anime did not animate Senpai arc (the most tear-jerking arc of the manga) and made her into a joke character. The anime didn't follow up on Rizu's experience after her first kiss. And I am not gonna mention what they did to Uruka - reducing her to just another old acquaintance with confidence issues. It was Fumino. FUMINO. F U M I N O! Argh!

Stupid 2/10 for the ending segment. I wouldn't have complained about the episode if they kept the anime open ended instead of showing Uruka being the destined girl in this piss poor final segment. I will just think this does not part never happened.

There will not be any sequel and it maddens me because of this segment. Way to kill the hopes I have had for the March 2020 announcement. This anime ends here. Go read the manga. Incredible number of chapters have been removed and some of the best ones at it. This could have been one of the best harem shows if they made it into a 2 cour season covering the arcs of all the girl. Overall 6/10 because at least they gave me animated heroines, including Fumino. She is a fun character but her insufferable fanbase made me come to hate her.

#TeamUruka since the bicycle ride (which is illegal in Japan btw) and #TeamUruka until the end no matter who wins. My girl is destined for stardom even if she doesn't win. The best girl in the manga.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 9:32 AM
Apr 2015
Ishkoten said:
ziad1419 said:

Wow

Anime skip a lot of chapters and build up to some arcs that manga set up. Plus anime focus on Fumino the most giving her arc and a lot of important moments to her.

Ok but do anime is good as only anime don't compare with source matirial ?
Because i will watch it
Dec 28, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
I can pretty much guess who that mysterious girl was during the fireworks.

Everyone is pursuing their own goals and Uruka is going overseas.

Well, time for me to continue reading the manga. 7/10.

Dec 28, 2019 9:43 AM

Nov 2007
ziad1419 said:
Ishkoten said:

Ok but do anime is good as only anime don't compare with source matirial ?
Because i will watch it

No it is not. Read the manga.
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 9:47 AM

May 2016
Maybe because I'm a Furuhashi bias and I was disappointed the ending was like that, but in all honesty I really felt that the ending was so rushed.. so many good arcs from the manga just skipped like that... The senpai arc... sensei arc... how Nariyuki decided to go on a education path... and just how they rushed the ending and showed the fireworks girl... Ive been reading the manga this entire time and comparing it to the anime the manga is much more superior... This ending here really just kills of the anticipation ya know... you get the suspension of the fireworks girl and then 5 minutes later its revealed to be uruka... really bro? In the manga youve been building it for like 40 chapters and in the anime its just gonna end like that... You could've just ended it with the fireworks arc and just direct people to read the manga man... Ending it like that was just such a disappointment and such a killer.... Really hope the manga doesnt end up as trash and this... Im giving it a 2/10 Because there was just so much wasted potential and they just wasted all of it like that... I enjoyed season 1 and season 2 until episode 10 and episode 11 to 13 was just so... stereotypical and it wasnt much for me at all... I am not hating on this or anything but I was just really disappointed with the ending and Im sure im not the only one whos really annoyed that the anime just abruptly ended like that.
Dec 28, 2019 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
It was fun

but some questions here, does the anime skip the year legally or that year is in the manga?

is this the end or now we gonna see them in the college/university?

The manga is finished or still publishing?
Dec 28, 2019 9:51 AM

May 2016
Drekaelric said:
It was fun

but some questions here, does the anime skip the year legally or that year is in the manga?

There is an entire 40 more chapters and the manga is reaching it end now, and i dont think we will see them in college/university in all honesty, the manga really seems like its running out of juice and yea...
Dec 28, 2019 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
it was really good, not a fan of harem anime tho. Mafuyu-sensei was the best <3. I need season 3
Final score 7/10

Dec 28, 2019 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Lol this was a fun festival arc, really enjoyed it. This entire season was great and really loved watching Mafuyu sensei. Sadly it's over and with the way this season ended I dun think we'll get a new season.
Dec 28, 2019 10:04 AM

Feb 2019
Man I hope we get a season 3, God I love this series so much. You really become deeply invested in the characters and everything. Bokuben doesn't try to be something it's not. It is very simple and is comfortable in its own skin and I love that. Def had tears in my eyes with this finale seeing everyone get into their university and head off on their journeys.
Dec 28, 2019 10:09 AM

Nov 2007
_xSilver said:
Im sure im not the only one whos really annoyed that the anime just abruptly ended like that.

You think #TeamUruka like me will be happy with this garbage adaptation? The final segment made it even worse. The fireworks girl reveal is the worst possible decision I could think of and they went on and did it. I would rather see the things that could led to Nariyuki ending up with Uruka than an anime shoehorned for Fumino and this retarded final segment which basically says "You ain't getting your third season."

Also, what a lame ass thing to do when the manga is still ongoing and anyone could be the end girl (although there are those who has advantage over the others) exactly because of the things that got skipped. Also, it's not 40 chapters. Fireworks arc ends in chapter 69. The manga is now at chapter 142 and we still don't know the identity of the fireworks girl.

Marinate1016 said:
Man I hope we get a season 3, God I love this series so much. You really become deeply invested in the characters and everything. Bokuben doesn't try to be something it's not. It is very simple and is comfortable in its own skin and I love that. Def had tears in my eyes with this finale seeing everyone get into their university and head off on their journeys.

There won't be a sequel. The original anime ending destroyed any chance of a sequel.
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 10:16 AM

Feb 2013
Just to be clear, this was a original ending as none of what happens here exists on the manga. The manga is going to end in 2020, so the anime basically concluded on itself.

https://twitter.com/Taishi_Tsutsui/status/1210956938093027328

The mangaka says on his twitter: ''Regarding the relevance of the last episode of the anime and the future development of the manga... No comment (laughs)''
Dec 28, 2019 10:18 AM

Jun 2019
So, Nariyuki and Uruka is the final couple of the history, it's acceptable, even for me who reads the manga, both always look like lovers most than the other girls, the only barrier was the uruka's moving, but looks like they will move forward with their relationship besides all the obstacles, 9/10 for me.
Dec 28, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2018
They went with an anime original ending!!!

And that festival girl was Uruka?
Well the last two chapters were focusing on Uruka. But I really didn't expect it would lead to this.
This is just stupid to end it like that. It just came all of a sudden.
ARK-13Dec 28, 2019 10:23 AM
Dec 28, 2019 10:25 AM

Oct 2017
AKiB_ said:

Well the last two chapters were focusing on Uruka. But I really didn't expect it would lead to this.

Ikr if they didn't want to make a season 3 they should have just ended with how chap 69 ended, with the end of festival. Meh anyway this pretty much confirms that there won't be a new season.
Dec 28, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
So it was Uraka at the festival, right? Well, I can live with that.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 28, 2019 10:26 AM

Sep 2018
This festival arc was very well adapted and i really liked this episode...exept for ending scene which is anime original.
Its not really weird that they went with Uruka because of everything that happened in the last chapter of the manga,but it would still be nice if they adapted the whole manga(Sensei and Senpai didnt get their time to shine in the anime)
well that's just my opinion.....
Dec 28, 2019 10:28 AM

Jan 2018
Yeah yeah we all know she's going to be the end girl anyway even in the Manga so who the fuck cares anymore if the anime did it originally.

Fucking Genki girls why do they have to win anyway.
Dec 28, 2019 10:42 AM
Apr 2016
#teamUruka for the win XD
Dec 28, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2014
_xSilver said:
Drekaelric said:
It was fun

There is an entire 40 more chapters and the manga is reaching it end now, and i dont think we will see them in college/university in all honesty, the manga really seems like its running out of juice and yea...

Ty, someone told me once that each heroine has her own arc but we just got one, we can expect another season or I must read the manga to see that?
Dec 28, 2019 10:43 AM
Jan 2018
#TeamUruka this is the way I have spoken

Why the time skip after graduation ?

Anyway I havent read the manga yet so I'm just going to give I a 6 /10 like I did with S1
Mattinator95Dec 28, 2019 11:02 AM
Dec 28, 2019 10:46 AM

Jan 2018
MegamiRem said:
AKiB_ said:

Ikr if they didn't want to make a season 3 they should have just ended with how chap 69 ended, with the end of festival. Meh anyway this pretty much confirms that there won't be a new season.

Yeah.
Also the end girl makes sense too. I liked all of em tho (obviously except Ogata). When you look back few chapters back, it was uruka who helped Nariyuki to make it to his entrance exam. And They're both on the cover of the new volume too.
Edit: not that those particularly hinted anything but I guess that was the plan.
ARK-13Dec 28, 2019 10:53 AM
Dec 28, 2019 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
Congintive said:
Yeah yeah we all know she's going to be the end girl anyway even in the Manga so who the fuck cares anymore if the anime did it originally.

Fucking Genki girls why do they have to win anyway.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonDec 29, 2019 5:13 PM
Dec 28, 2019 10:49 AM

Apr 2017
I'm really glad they had someone 'win' instead of just leaving it to the generic ??? anyone could still win type thing. I personally wanted Furuhashi, but I am not disappointed with the outcome either. Good show.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Dec 28, 2019 10:51 AM

Jan 2017
Need a proper S3 ASAP

Even better than S1, solid 8/10!
Dec 28, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 2018
I can't remember the last time I've had a sharp change in opinion as I had with this anime adaption.

What's funny is that I was first drawn to this show - and later the manga - because of Uruka, I saw a few clips in Youtube and really liked her character. The other characters then quickly grew on me to the point where I would be happy with any of the 5 girls being the Endgame.

So, one would think I would be satisfied by the post-credit scene.

That is far from the truth.

The episode itself was fine, and the series up to this point was overall adapted fine - even if it missed chapters that deservered the anime treatment prior to the manga chapters these last episodes had adapted. Before the credits, I thought: "I hope there's a Season 3, especially with what is in store for Mafuyu Sensei and Asumi Sempai."

And then came the credits and the post-credit scene.

I am livid. We were shown a partial adaption of the recent Chapter 141 (which shows Nariyuki and the girls getting their results from the final exams) and then an anime-original ending which time-skips to 1-year-later and shows off who had grabbed Nariyuki's hand during the fireworks - a part that has yet to be revealed in the manga.

So, we basically got screwed over in hoping for a 3rd season and an adaption of the most important character arcs in the Manga. Mafuyu Sensei got shafted hard and the focus spent in the anime on the 5 female characters doesn't do them any justice compared to the Manga.

The thing is, I don't even consider We Never Learn as an amazing Harem story, its just enjoyable for me.
...that anime ending can go suck it, though!

Overall, I still enjoyed the journey and give it a 7/10 ... but I'm left bitter with how they treated that post-credit scene.
Z-NitroDec 28, 2019 11:46 AM
Dec 28, 2019 11:00 AM

Jan 2008
That ending left a bad taste. Not even a manga reader and it didn't even feel right. The time skip felt so unnatural and out of no where.
Dec 28, 2019 11:12 AM
Sep 2019
i wish she knows the prince that she kiss :3
Dec 28, 2019 11:12 AM

Feb 2017
WTF did they just end the series here? i mean with this ending they dont need to adapt the rest of the manga because everything already given away like WTF dude.

i mean with this ending yuiga will ended up with uruka, although maybe the manga will stretch it with an open ending for future scene with yuiga and uruka.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 28, 2019 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
Uruka literally had no romantic progression with Nariyuki this season and they suddenly give us this ending smh...

To make things worse the anime shoots ahead of the manga timeline and makes a reveal that hasn't even happened in the manga yet. I seriously hope none of this ends up being canon, because I'd be very pissed.
Dec 28, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2015
With the original ending they pulled off from what i read around, think this ended pretty well. There surely wont be another season since they end it like that heck even that The End said it all. But well dunno if ill bother picking up the manga, will probably just wait and see who wins at the end although with such harem romance manga thats always a huge deal since its impossible to make everyone happy.....
Dec 28, 2019 11:22 AM

Mar 2018
Waaaaaait, everything went well, then the credits came and then somehow timeskip? Excuse me, but wait what!?
I completely lost all hope for a Season 3 announcement, this is totally an original anime ending. I even would've preferred an open ending with how things are now.

I like the anime but the timeskip/ending was completely unneeded.
At least Tsutsui-sensei commented on it with a positive vibe, that's the only good thing about this.
Guess I will forget about the last minutes, reset my memory to the credits and read the manga...
Koito91Dec 28, 2019 11:29 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 28, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
WTF was that ending? I thought we would get another season since manga seemingly had many more chapters. Really disappointing :(
Dec 28, 2019 11:34 AM
Feb 2019
Uruka best girl. reading the manga is all we have left.
8/10 anime
Dec 28, 2019 11:44 AM
May 2016
Not as good as season 1, it was getting too repetitive. Still overall quite good for a harem show, I don't read the manga so I am glad they at least gave us an ending (sort of) even if it wasn't very satisfying.
Dec 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Apr 2015
Ofcourse the festival wasn't over yet. Seems Nariyuki and Furuhashi both can't get over that "kiss".

I can't wrap my head around this ending... That time skip feels so unnecessary. It's like throwing a possible 3rd season straight into the bin. Slightly sour about that, especially cause all these events during this festival now feels meaningless..

Overall I quite enjoyed BokuBen over the course of this year. Eventho I didn't pick up the 1st season straight away (travel plans were hindering my view time), it was still a fun ride. I am gonna miss Sensei, Fumino & Asumi!

7/10, cause meh ending. Might have been a 8/10 otherwise. I guess with a sour ending like that, it's time to add the manga to my list.
Dec 28, 2019 11:51 AM

Jun 2017
Whatt...Omg Uruka won?
I have to catch up manga and season2.Always thought Fumino as winner.Looks like my team won again!!First Gotoubun second that...

Nov 2014
I have mixed feeling about that ending. Furuhashi didn't even learn who was in costume, wtf. And from what I read it went original making chances for S3 even lower :(

Oh well, I guess we can just say than anime had open end with Uruka in the lead?
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good start and mid-phase of the episode but a bummer final few moments to conclude the anime adaption.

Now I understand why they didn’t announce a 2nd Season earlier last week, because there simply won’t be any! Y’know, this is why I dislike anime-original endings!

I’ve no problems with Uraka winning whatsoever. In fact, I ship her with Naryuki the most (but my best girl is Asumi-senpai) so I should be happy. But I honestly couldn’t and can’t come to terms with this. I’m really glad the creator assured that the manga at least won’t be ending in such a mess, I suppose.

It was a given that Fumino would end up being the special one in the anime version especially more so considering that she’s pretty much the only one who got an entire arc for her behalf. On the flip side, there was almost literally nothing indicating an Uraka-route but then they just swiftly made her “the girl with the helping hand” to justify it making it really off-putting on the contrary, if anything. Dat little “play girlfriend-boyfriend” bit earlier didn’t help in the cause either. An open-ending should’ve been the way to go instead of this ironical route, I strongly believe.

God, the plane scene though. White Album 2 ;-;

Anyway, keeping that aside, we got more of the usual and fun Bokuben. Fumino’s struggle to figuring out the “prince” was hilarious but I just couldn’t help lol’d when Asumi-senpai denied the charge xD. Lol, it’s mad hilarious how crowd accepted that skit in the end too. On the other hand, Ogata’s business problems finally came to an end too. Got to leave it to Asumi-senpai for these kinds of work~

Oh Sensei, who in their right mind would teach history during a fest but more importantly who the bloody hell attends it lmao. Found this little segment to be crazy hilarious, oddly enough.

It was nice to see the group together seeing the typical fireworks at the end contemplating on the fest. A heck lot sure happened, after all lol. Dat little “slip” in the end totally gave off that vintage Bokuben feeling too (if that even makes sense xD).

Solid little interview there Nariyuki, an educator definitely suits you lad. Nice little ED song for the finale too.

Overall, this has been a fun ride nonetheless! Studio Silver and Arvo Animation did a really good job helming this series in the animation and sound departments in particular. Direction-wise however, it could do a little working as I’ve hinted above.

Sadly, this series ends off on a rather sour note but it was enjoyable until the (almost-) very end nonetheless, so I’ll give it a generous 7/10, 6.75/10 to be precise. It would’ve been a healthy 7/10 without that final bit but well there’s no helping that now.
_MushiRock11_Dec 28, 2019 12:01 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

77 by Harameek »»
Jan 6, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 17, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

87 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

47 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

52 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 11, 2023 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.