Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2018
James-LastOmnic said:
FINALLY, STAKES IN MHA, IT'S BEEN 3 SEASONS I'M WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY BE KILLER BY A VILLAIN ON SCREEN.

Stakes have always existed. You just think death is the only form stakes can take. You are an armchair critic. Most stakes have been personal rather than planet busting stakes. It worked for it. I can elaborate further if you desire.

Shigaraki has been the most pathetic uncompetent motherfucker for more than 60 episodes to fail all of his plans and never achieved to kill a single kid to prove his "crazy evil" status but Overhaul looks like he could kill any random bastard who comes to annoy him. Stain killed people indeed, that's why he's above all villains in this serie (and for his motivations) but all of them were off screen deaths.

Shiggy is suppose to be incompetent. That is the point. He must become the world's greatest villain. Overhaul is the better version he must absorb and surpass.

Anyway Magnet was useless, no one likes him, I don't even know what the shit was this 30 secs backstory coming totally out of nowhere to give audience emotions for him an instant before he got brutally IMPLODED by OverHaul.

Invoking emotion in the audience was definitely a reason. The guy in the story was briefly shown meeting with Magne. In that sense it was less out of no where. It served a second purpose. To establish why she joined the league which links her to toga and Shigi via the certain arc in the manga (manga readers know the arc). The reason will show the sympathy the most of the LoV have for each other and the become almost a fam.

Oh no, his theme is trap hip-hop, could not have been more out of context for a guy like this:/

Stakes have always existed. You just think death is the only form stakes can take. You are an armchair critic. Most stakes have been personal rather than planet busting stakes. It worked for it. I can elaborate further if you desire.

Shiggy is suppose to be incompetent. That is the point. He must become the world's greatest villain. Overhaul is the better version he must absorb and surpass.

Invoking emotion in the audience was definitely a reason. The guy in the story was briefly shown meeting with Magne. In that sense it was less out of no where. It served a second purpose. To establish why she joined the league which links her to toga and Shigi via the certain arc in the manga (manga readers know the arc). The reason will show the sympathy the most of the LoV have for each other and the become almost a fam.

The trap hip-hop was great.
Oct 19, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
Meew2 said:
Introducing a new villain, (which will probably be a McGuffin) and sidelining the old ones when we already have an anti-hero sort of sounds like impulsive writing to me.
The plot is going to get dragged through the mud it seems.

McGuffins are not inherently bad. It all boils down to intent and execution as do all writing. Keep watching you will see the intent. This is the best arc in the series.
Oct 19, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
Sir Nighteye a massive All Might fanboy then? I would've at least chuckled at that lmao.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 19, 2019 9:26 AM

May 2018
Is it me or is the art pretty sloppy at some parts ? Idk-... but the episode was great ! Had to laugh at the end

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Oct 19, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2018
Old_School_Akira said:

Magne is a female. A trans female. So *Her* not him

Okay thank you, clarifying some things in my head, though it never has been mentionned in the anime If I remember correctly or my subs are just bas as shit.

amperevenon said:

The trap hip-hop was great.

Even if there were stakes before, they never seem "substancial" enough to be considered as stakes, in difficult situations all of the main cast (except All Might) risks minor injury at best and almost non-existent psychological trauma (main squad saw their deaths my All for One in ep10 s3, never gave a fuck after). Izuku got his limbs broken a couple of times yeah but they were always healed, he didn't lost much since ep1 (close people or material objects). Personality wise none of the main cast evolved, Bakugou is still a whiny hot-head even after his "supposed" redemption arc, same for Shouto, they just changed their way of thinking/motivations.

Didn't read the manga, the backstory was badly directed and came out of nowhere because she never seemed more than random minion in the League, their sympathy together for now is "We like each other because all of us like to hang out and kill some people like the marginals we are".

Never said it was bad, just out of context, but I can be very wrong on that I admit.

Oct 19, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
amperevenon said:
Meew2 said:
Introducing a new villain, (which will probably be a McGuffin) and sidelining the old ones when we already have an anti-hero sort of sounds like impulsive writing to me.

McGuffins are not inherently bad. It all boils down to intent and execution as do all writing. Keep watching you will see the intent. This is the best arc in the series.

"Mcguffins are not inherently bad", they're just inheritably predictable, insufferable and overdone. A character should not be subject to be being a plot device. That's just bad writing, so yes, it's bad.
I don't have to keep watching to know what a Mcguffin is because it's a plot device, therefore I already know where it's going!
This series has stagnated so much so that it literally can't seem to move, so much so, it's now creating a plot device within a plot device - Deku is the original Mcguffin.
To start the show off is fine, but it's had so much time. It's regressing into what it originated from, using the same mental gymnastics on the viewer. Not really something I can respect from a writing perspective. The writing in this show abhorrent, a facade of a cliffhanger, giving the viewer a 'need-to-know basis' weekly fix. Well I simply don't care to know anymore because it's so godddamn predictable.
If this is "the best arc in the series", then I can't wait to be disappointed. Thanks for giving me a heads-up on that.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 19, 2019 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
Is it me or are they making the scenes look too manga? Lots of mimetic words on screen.
Oct 19, 2019 10:11 AM
May 2019
Overhaul is just perfect at this point. The voice acting is outstanding. Apart from that scene, another build up episode. Slow start it is.
Oct 19, 2019 10:28 AM
May 2018
I'm glad Magne is dead, he was my least fav character in the league of villain along with Spinner.
Oct 19, 2019 10:30 AM
Mar 2019
A good episode with some build up, can't wait to see more Mirio and overhaul
Oct 19, 2019 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Ashhk said:
Don't really liked the first 10 minutes because I don't care of the villains in this anime to be honest.
The second part with Izuku and Mirio was great.

Your loss the villains are great and need development too
Oct 19, 2019 10:44 AM

Mar 2008
When Magne died, I had to yell "EXPLOSION!!". Lmao Deku's All Might face was hilarious. xD
Oct 19, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
Lol so looks like Midoriya's All Might face from S2 was practiced all along
Oct 19, 2019 10:51 AM
Jan 2019
Uff !!! The first 10 minutes of the episode were incredible, a very tense situation worthy of a cross between villains. What a great show Tomura and Overhaul gave us, both have skills that can immediately end the life of their opponents. A confrontation for leadership has begun. What if it was worth it? It was worth every damn second.
On the other hand, we have Midoriya and his desire to work in the residence ... a bad move he did with Nighteye, hahaha, but it made me laugh 😂.

Great Tintin, he could have been the successor of All Might ...
Oct 19, 2019 11:00 AM
Mar 2015
Overhaul made the League of Villains take notice
Deku introduction to Sir Nighteye terrible
Oct 19, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Nighteye pulling the DISRESPECT card
Oct 19, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2016
Overaul is very intimidating *_* It would be more challenging if Shigaraki would let the young Yakuza join them. Shigaraki only wants power but I figured he lacks tactics.

Great episode! It's funny how Midoriya's expression transformed like All Might XD I guess it will be hard to please All Might's old sidekick like this...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 19, 2019 11:32 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
pretty good ep.

bubble girl hot
Oct 19, 2019 11:36 AM

Mar 2018
Damn Overhaul's OST really slaps.

Really good adaptation of ch. 125. Overhaul's voice actor is absolutly killing it.

I'm gonna be honest, Magne's death is shocking only because it's the first on-screen death in the whole story, and a pretty brutal one at that. But Magne was far from being a character we cared about and honestly giving her that little backstory was imo a poor attempt at characterization.

What this death is good at however is raising the stakes. Overhaul's very dangerous. I also really love how it creates a mistery around his quirk.

The second part sure was less tense, but the comedy parts were realy great. Deku making that AM face again was absolutly hilarious.

Also manga-readers should REALLY stop saying things like "this is the best arc" or "you are SO not ready", however good it may be, it just increases the chances of people being dissapointed.
Florent3571Oct 19, 2019 11:49 AM
Oct 19, 2019 11:41 AM

Aug 2015
Overhaul´s theme is amazing. Great character design as well.

Oct 19, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2013
why do they have to put all those f.ing texts on the screen every time?
it's over 60 or whatever episodes, I think everyone knows who's who and what their quirks are, why can't they stop it? it's even more irritating than Mineta -_-
Oct 19, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2019
Shigaraki sucks and I'm glad Overhaul came and straight up fucced them up, showed him who needs to be the real boss. Honestly, Twice is the only character I like from Shigaraki's group. Magne was ok too, rip.

On the hero side, man, Midoriya really practiced the All Might smile, huh? lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 19, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2008
MY BOY OVERHAUL-KAIBA
HOROBI NO BURST STREEEEEEAAAAMMMMM

10/10
Oct 19, 2019 12:46 PM

Feb 2015
Man, Overhaul just makes me remember just how shit a villain Tomura is. It's fucking hilarious how pretty much every villain introduced immediately has more potential than Tomura, and is immediately more interesting and better written.

BnHA continues to impress and be interesting in everyway, except for Tomura.
YautjaOct 19, 2019 12:50 PM
Oct 19, 2019 12:50 PM
Nov 2017
The second that Mag had the mid-fightscene flashback, I knew he was dead, but damn son really got his whole body blown off from a touch
Oct 19, 2019 12:50 PM

Mar 2017
OOOOH, Overhaul has arrived bitches! I feel like he's just got that little bit more of an edge to him than Shigaraki... like he's already at where Shigaraki will be in a few years.

I'm so excited to see my best boy, Tamaki, after so long... he's too precious! I feel like i relate to him A LOT because he's a nervous, social awkward mess and that is literally all me too haha

It's crazy to think how close Mirio was to becoming the next All Might! I feel like he doesn't need it though because he's an amazing hero all on his own and he isn't even pro yet
Oct 19, 2019 12:53 PM
Nov 2017
Its really interesting to see two different types of villians with entirely different views on how they will reach the top of the underworld, but with similar quirks.

Both basically kill people with a single touch only Tomura causes decay, while guess Overhaul causes over excitement like his name suggests.

They really did a great job introducing a villain that'll act as an opposite to Tomura, while also having the same goal
Oct 19, 2019 1:14 PM

Jun 2014
Damn Overhaul wasted no time showing the League that he means business and is NOT here to fuck around.

Side note, but I remember reading the manga and thinking Takahiro Sakurai should voice Overhaul, and was at first disappointed when he wasn't the one to voice him. But Kenjiro Tsuda is doing a great job and honestly his voice fits perfectly.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 19, 2019 1:24 PM

May 2018
rip Deku for making the worst possible face in front of Mr Nighteye
Oct 19, 2019 1:38 PM
Oct 2016
I felt a slight censorship in this fight of the villains and could have put a better animation put a lot of still image but otherwise I liked the new villain 😕
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2019 1:57 PM

Aug 2018
The first half was quite dark, if I recall correctly, these were the first characters to die on screen ? I have memories of some being injured on screen but not killed.

Second half was much softer with an epic ending, I can't wait to watch next episode !
Oct 19, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't expect the villains fighting amonst each other, but damn, to think that another villain has such a fast killing quirk like Shigaraki. Overhaul is a force to be very wary off.

So we get to meet Nighteye. Not sure if he has a thing for tickling his sidekicks or what... Guess we'll find out if Midoriya can't make him laugh next week, if he will have the same fate XD
Oct 19, 2019 2:07 PM
Nov 2017
Florent3571 said:
Damn Overhaul's OST really slaps.

Really good adaptation of ch. 125. Overhaul's voice actor is absolutly killing it.

I'm gonna be honest, Magne's death is shocking only because it's the first on-screen death in the whole story, and a pretty brutal one at that. But Magne was far from being a character we cared about and honestly giving her that little backstory was imo a poor attempt at characterization.

What this death is good at however is raising the stakes. Overhaul's very dangerous. I also really love how it creates a mistery around his quirk.

The second part sure was less tense, but the comedy parts were realy great. Deku making that AM face again was absolutly hilarious.

Also manga-readers should REALLY stop saying things like "this is the best arc" or "you are SO not ready", however good it may be, it just increases the chances of people being dissapointed.
it’s honestly far from being the best arc . It’s a good arc that’s really it . Manga readers tend to overhype a lot of stuff sadly .
Oct 19, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2018
the league of villains scene at the start had me so hypeddddddddddd

also the ending when deku didn't make nighteye laugh just gave me so much secondhand cringe bruh
Oct 19, 2019 2:33 PM

Jan 2017
Is Mirio supposed to be a play on that fallout mascot, 'cause it's pretty funny
Oct 19, 2019 2:52 PM
Jan 2015
Almost forgot about how badass Overhaul was, damn.
My Queens

Oct 19, 2019 2:53 PM

Jul 2019
besides the beginning bit with meeting the LoV, i can't say that this ep was too interesting...
Oct 19, 2019 3:06 PM
Mar 2019
The villain meeting made me want to hug twice he was just vibing in the background.
Oct 19, 2019 3:39 PM

Aug 2016
Always wondered whose quirk is stronger - Overhaul's or Shigaraki's?
Oct 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Mar 2019
Nice start, but still missing the plus ultra spark...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 19, 2019 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
Brutal beginning and funny ending. Good stuff.

I'm not the biggest fan of the excessive amount of tests and training sessions in your average shounen though, so I hope they actually get to the really interesting bits of the plot without wasting much time.
Oct 19, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 2014
Meew2 said:

Next time proofread your post before entering into the thread that way you can save us the pain of reading through your own stupidity.
Oct 19, 2019 4:52 PM

Aug 2016
Wait, did someone just fucking die in Boku no Hero? I must be seeing things...
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 19, 2019 4:54 PM

Jan 2011
Overhaul theme is still a banger heard it before his official anime premiere

looks like they won't being holding back in "that" arc from how they showed the meeting was not as censored as i was expecting
Oct 19, 2019 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
OMG!! That Overhaul introduction, and them banger theme too!! You got me hard there.
Oct 19, 2019 5:15 PM

Apr 2018
That scene with Bubble girl was the most boring comedy scene I have seen in a while. It was a really weak episode except for the shigaraki overhaul fight

Oct 19, 2019 5:29 PM

Feb 2017
Overall a really good episode, but the "direction" (beacuse of the director change) feels kind of wierd to me
Oct 19, 2019 5:45 PM

Mar 2016
Devil_Food said:
Meew2 said:

Next time proofread your post before entering into the thread that way you can save us the pain of reading through your own stupidity.

D'aw he's upset i made fun of his favorite cartoon.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 19, 2019 6:10 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't care about Overhaul last season but I like him now.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.