Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 1, 2013 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
Perfect final episode to a perfect anime. Tomoya's fantasies were hilarious and Nagisa and Tomoya were so cute at the end. I can't wait to watch After story and the episode 24 OVA which I will watch when I'm finished typing this. I give Clannad a 10 out of 10! P.S. Once Tomoya said that "No one was watching" at the beginning, I knew Kyou would come on her BI, but didn't we all!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 13, 2013 8:12 PM

Oct 2013
god damn... no matter how hard i try i just can't bring myself to like nagisa's character, but oh well i don't know why Tomoya go so hooked on her, i saw it more as a best friends scenario. Good anime though if you exclude the fuko arc (i'm sorry)
Oct 17, 2013 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
Thanks, Mei. Someone had to break them out of their shyness. Nagisa was beyond cute! :-)
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Oct 17, 2013 3:00 PM
Jun 2013
i dont get it, in 22nd episode He confess love to her and now they both behave so weird? (like they just meet few days ago)
questions like "u dont like me?" - wtf is this, this episode is like few step backwards.
Oct 19, 2013 3:50 PM

Oct 2013
My gosh, I have never in my life seen a more awkward couple than Tomoya and Nagisa. Their date was so embarrassing it was difficult to watch.

That said, it's easily one of the most hilarious episodes in the series. Pretty awesome anime overall. I'll give it a 7/10 - very good.

I still wish Tomoya would've went with one of the other girls, though. Kotomi would've been best, though perhaps Tomoyo or Kyou would've been bold enough to actually advance their relationship. Then again, neither were bold enough to admit their feelings to him, so maybe not.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 25, 2013 1:35 AM

Jun 2013
Yeaa , I'm lame and I know it.
Watching Clannad had been one of my precious moments of all time since I've ever watch anime. Laughed a lot , cried a lot , smiled a lot !

AFTER STORY HERE WE GOOOOO.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 20, 2013 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
does any of you know where i could download the visual novel in english? i'm not fond of nagisa at all and would like to see the other routes, like tomoyo, kyou, kotomi or yukine
Nov 20, 2013 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
domme008 said:
does any of you know where i could download the visual novel in english? i'm not fond of nagisa at all and would like to see the other routes, like tomoyo, kyou, kotomi or yukine

yep, here you go
http://fuwanovel.org/novels/clannad
Jan 2, 2014 8:51 PM
Jun 2009
ARandomDevil said:
can someone PLEASE tell me the name of the piano song that is played near the end of this episode. it starts after Nagisa makes Tomoya smell her breath xD
The song is "Nagisa~Saka no Shita no Wakare (Warm Piano Arrange)"! I looked forever for this song, it's in the Clannad remix album.

In the episode they cut everything before two minutes and that's when Mei comes out from behind the tree.

also at, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x2P1n2kDThg#t=120

I've watched Clannad three times but it just keeps getting better.
Jan 5, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2013
nickelpickle1997 said:
Perfect final episode to a perfect anime. Tomoya's fantasies were hilarious and Nagisa and Tomoya were so cute at the end. I can't wait to watch After story and the episode 24 OVA which I will watch when I'm finished typing this. I give Clannad a 10 out of 10! P.S. Once Tomoya said that "No one was watching" at the beginning, I knew Kyou would come on her BI, but didn't we all!

Laetificus said:
ARandomDevil said:
can someone PLEASE tell me the name of the piano song that is played near the end of this episode. it starts after Nagisa makes Tomoya smell her breath xD
The song is "Nagisa~Saka no Shita no Wakare (Warm Piano Arrange)"! I looked forever for this song, it's in the Clannad remix album.

In the episode they cut everything before two minutes and that's when Mei comes out from behind the tree.

also at, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x2P1n2kDThg#t=120

I've watched Clannad three times but it just keeps getting better.

I've just finished my first re-watch, (this time with my sister), and I totally agree! This time around I score Clannad an infinity!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Mar 6, 2014 4:06 PM

Oct 2013
fair dece
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 29, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
UGH THEY DIDN'T KISS!
Well, at least there is Afterstory that I can get my eyeballs glued to! :)
Apr 13, 2014 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
I really enjoyed this series. The dango ending song is pretty damn catchy!

I thought after story was a movie, but it looks like it's another series. BTW Nagisa is fricking cute!

Apr 18, 2014 1:33 PM
Feb 2012
Good Lord, this was atrocious. I cannot believe how such a hyped series can be this crappy. The only redeeming factors were Youhei and Akio. MC-kun was a spineless monkey and all the girls were so very cliched and boring it nearly physically hurt to watch. Ugh, all that wasted potential...

No, I clearly didn't enjoy this series. But yes, I will be watching After Story. After all it's the sequel that's being hailed as the pinnacle of anime, an unprecedented masterpiece and whatever else fancy title you can come up with.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 22, 2014 12:14 AM

Jul 2013
GuiltyKing said:
Good Lord, this was atrocious. I cannot believe how such a hyped series can be this crappy. The only redeeming factors were Youhei and Akio. MC-kun was a spineless monkey and all the girls were so very cliched and boring it nearly physically hurt to watch. Ugh, all that wasted potential...

No, I clearly didn't enjoy this series. But yes, I will be watching After Story. After all it's the sequel that's being hailed as the pinnacle of anime, an unprecedented masterpiece and whatever else fancy title you can come up with.
This is exactly what I came on here to write. The other reason I'm continuing this is because I want to know what the puck this damn robot and girl have to do with any shit.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
May 9, 2014 12:19 AM
Apr 2012
yeah i really did not like this series it was boring pretty much the whole time...i liked the main character but pairing him up with a mentally challenged girl doesn't quite do it for me sorry...i'll watch a couple of episodes of the after story but i'll probably throw it in the garbage...we'll see
May 9, 2014 11:52 AM
Jun 2012
steinsedge said:
not gonna lie i'm bored as fuck watching this anime...i'll give it like 1 or 2 more episodes i guess

steinsedge said:
yeah i really did not like this series it was boring pretty much the whole time...

Lulz. You flew through this whole show in a day, doesn't sound like you were THAT bored.

-Arvis
May 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
Bittersweet ending. Love it. Gave 9/10 for the series.
May 19, 2014 4:44 PM

May 2013
LOOOOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL @ Nagisa. SMH.

and that line was too typical. "I'll go anywhere so long as it's with you, baeeeee!" Duh. Haha. Cute though xD

I love how Mei-chan reacted to Sanae's bread ahhaha. Genius X]
Jun 6, 2014 5:30 AM

Feb 2013
This anime was pretty good. I liked the ending to episode 22 better.

8/10
Jul 24, 2014 7:12 AM

Dec 2010
Probably the most hilarious episode of the run, lol.

But the last scene was so magical.
Jul 24, 2014 12:00 PM
Mar 2014
That was funny with a nice ending
Aug 12, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
Whew. I finally powered through all twenty-three episodes of this series of endless forced drama. I have to say, the past few mediocre episodes brought a conclusion to this mediocre season.

Onward to the alternate setting OVA now I suppose. That definitely looks a lot more interesting.
Oct 12, 2014 6:58 AM

May 2013
Here we have Kyou and her ability to cockblock so hard just when Tomoya and Nagisa were about to hold hands.
Lol, "We've got cute girls" increased the customers of the bakery.

Lol, Tomoya imagined Sunohara and Mei, then Sunohara and him.
But in the end, Tomoya took the initiative and held Nagisa's hand. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 28, 2014 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
awww they're so cuteee

hope they kiss in after story :3
Jan 17, 2015 12:34 PM

Nov 2014
Loved this episode! So many great moments xD The Tomoya and Youhei fantasy was so funny, Mei getting all those boys in the bakery and the bakery being so crowded cause of her cute girls advertising lmao!

I really loved that Mei played a bigger role in this episode too cause she's so cute...it's so funny how she never wants to spend time with poor Youhei xD

The date was so funny and everything Nagisa was saying was so adorably awkward LOL I loved it. And the ending was so nice. <3

And omg the land mine joke scene was so funny! Akio is the best, the kid at heart and baseball fanatic. :P
Feb 11, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty good series. I liked the comedy, it was pretty funny. The drama was also good with some tearjerker moments but I guess the real tears will start in After Story. Welp, let's get to it then :D
Feb 14, 2015 5:03 AM
Jan 2015
Until 16 episode it was really bad, forced drama and romance.. damn. Then it gets better.
Apr 5, 2015 6:18 AM

May 2013
this show is just stupid with all the fake drama, this is fake fake fake

sunohara is the only thing in this show that is good

4/10 stupid drama show, fake feel, and nagisa pleas die in fire!!!!

i was laughing when she cried on the stage and her dad come and speak non sense

wtf is this shit why 8.44, thhis is OVERRATEDDD
May 4, 2015 6:16 PM

Feb 2015
It was consistently good after episode 16. Too bad almost everything before that point was hard to watch. I didn't like the comedy, especially the physical comedy which was almost always some girl punching Sunohara. Fuuko's arc was just an exercise in patience. Nagisa's emotionally stunted behaviour was insufferable all the way through the end. Okazaki's relationship with her is bittersweet but I guess he had to choose Nagisa over the others. She needs him for mental support and he realized that after his talk with Sunohara when he left on the day of the picnic.
devinderMay 4, 2015 6:19 PM
May 31, 2015 5:06 PM

May 2015
Sunohara x Tomoya perfffffect. I laughed through that entire sequence. I'm going to miss the ED in this one. Overall I think I would give this a strong 6 to light 7. It only really got goodafter episode 16. Everything before that was pretty rough. Hopefully the OVA will rejuvenate me because Tomoya x Tomoyo is where it's at.
Jun 29, 2015 3:54 PM
Feb 2015
Oh god I laughed so much when Okazaki was thinking about incest / gay stuff
Jul 6, 2015 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
This was hilarious XD and Mei is great :D

And that was such a cute ending awww :''3

Nagisa x Tomoya <3
Aug 24, 2015 2:35 AM

Mar 2015
Wooohh. I'm a fan of incest. Wooohh.

So Tomoya and Nagisa-chan are amateur to romance.
Sep 6, 2015 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
holy mother of ass this was just as much cringe as the first time I watched it. Still hilarious, but omg.

Still wish Tomoya ended up with Kotomi or Tomoyo.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 19, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2013
This wasn't a bad episode but it didn't feel like a good way to end the season. They should have just cut it short and end with the episode 22.

But anyways. My thoughts of the show are that in a sense it's god fucking awful but it's the sort of awful that can be still enjoyed if you manage to get into it.
Jan 1, 2016 11:07 PM

Oct 2013
That was so heart-warming
Feb 29, 2016 1:34 AM

Apr 2015
A really good episode. I like it.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 2, 2016 6:47 PM

Nov 2013
Easily one of the worst shows I’ve seen in a while.

Characters are awful. All the female characters are the most generic archetype anime characters maybe ever made. They have no depth what so ever past a single word. Nice. Fights. Tsundere. Quirky. Shy. Shy again. Not only that but aside from 2 girls the entire female cast acts like they’re 5 years old. The worst one for this is easily Nagisa’s mother. She’s like 30 years old and acts like a sixth of it.

Because of the generic 2D characters that are impossible to feel bad for and because the series was created entirely because TEH FEELZ (I’m on the internet so I need to write it like that. God forbid I write like an adult), it goes for the cheap option. Instead of making you care for the characters it just throws every single sad trope it can at you. 13 was easily the worst for this, it’s what made me originally drop the series a couple years ago. “BUT WHAT IF YOU SAID YOU HATED YOUR PARENTS OVER SOMETHING STUPID AND THEN THEY DIED ON YOUR BIRTHDAY AND THOSE WERE THE LAST THINGS YOU EVER SAID TO THEM AND WHAT IF NO ONE CAME TO YOUR BIRTHDAY AND WHAT IF YOUR HOUSE ALMOST BURNED DOWN AND WHAT IF YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND FORGOT ABOUT YOU AND WHAT IF YEARS LATER YOU FOUND OUT YOUR PARENTS GOT YOU A GIFT AND WHAT IF IT SOMEHOW MANAGED TO GET TO YOU AFTER TRAVELING THE ENTIRE PLANET WITH NO INDICATION OF WHAT COUNTRY IT BELONGS TO, LET ALONE THE PERSON? BUT WHAT IF WE HAD THE CHARACTERS CRY AND PLAY SAD MUSIC? ARE YOU CRYING YET? TEH FEELZ!” I have never felt less than during this show. You know what’s even worse about it? I’m dead center in the middle of a break up right now. I will never be more ready for a sad romance story. Somehow it fails to manipulate me emotionally while I’m at my weakest.

Fuko’s arc is the antithesis of everything good in the world. I like her character in small doses, I like her use after her arc where she shows up for 30 seconds every couple of episodes. Focusing 6 entire episodes on her though? There are no words for how much this arc annoyed me. Especially because there is nothing I care about less than her sister’s wedding. Especially since the end of the arc made the entire arc pointless. Thanks for waisting my time. You could have been considerate and made me forget about her too. Also, I can’t believe the song it ended on. It’s almost on the same level as Hajime no Ippo’s first opening when it comes to gibberish lyrics. You know you messed up when I’m laughing during the emotional climax of the arc.

Nagisa is the worst character in the show. And, of course, she’s the main girl. She’s the epitome of everything bad in the show. She’s a generic 2D archetype, she’s a moe blob, and she acts like she’s 5 years old because we need that purity. She has every single bad part of every character rolled into one character. Good job being bad in every way. I really hope the TEH FEELZ moments in Clannad: Afterstory don’t require me to care about her on any level. The only time she was mildly interesting was near the end when she had her soul crushed, and even that only lasted a couple minutes because god forbid we give our characters depth and development.

I really hate the magical elements in the series. I really hate that Fuko is a magic ghost. Especially since no one has any reaction to her existing. Is Japan really that wacky where you can see a dead person walking and be like “Man, my life sure is a Slice of Life?” No one ever is like “What? Why is there a ghost? What’s even real anymore?” and have a complete breakdown. Or anything interesting. I really hope magic never shows up for the rest of the series.

Even when the show isn’t awful it’s not good. Most of the episodes that didn’t have me grunt loudly in frustration were mildly entertaining at best with maybe a light chuckle or two. There were a couple episodes I liked like 23 and 4 before the magic sat in.

I really don’t know why the original series exists. Apparently almost none of the characters come back for the next one. What’s the point of this then? You don’t need to spend 23 episodes building up this awful relationship, Nagisa isn’t that deep.

2/10. I really hated this one. I really don’t see how anyone likes this show, unless your standards are so low your reaction is “Well, it was better than having my skin peeled off. 10/10 masterpiece.” And I don’t know how seemingly everyone on the MAL forums were incoherently sobbing after every single episode.

I’ll still watch Clannad: Afterstory at some point because I want to know why people have such strongly positive reactions to it. I’ll take a long break before that. I would rather eat an entire bottle of whiskey than see Nagisa for a while and just… Obliterate my insides with the glass. I’ll also watch the OVAs at some time. This series might be mildly better if it had a better leading woman. At least this show is finally dead and set on fire in a ditch somewhere. At least I can finally delete it and free the space it’s kept hostage for the last couple years.
May 14, 2016 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty hillarious chapter, I liked how they animated Mei's visit and even Tomoya's bad decision from the novel that led into this awkward date. Akio and Sanae were as good as always. I also like the reference from Tomoyo After (the repair car).

Also, the facial animation at the beginning was just pure greatness.

But... still no kiss? I really wonder how they want to pull Afterstory without that.
May 18, 2016 6:51 AM

Mar 2014
Its official . NagisaxTomoya are great couple ~ .. Nagisa is just too KAWAII <3 !!
Perfect episode for it had to be romantic ~ :D Commending the Sunoharas ~ .

A rainbow of feelings . Perhaps meaningful . That is how I describe "Clannad" .
One of the best Slice-of-Life anime of its era , given by an excellent character-driven story that will surely cause you to sympathize with the characters whether they're jabbing each other with hilarious jokes or being sentimental with how emotional the scenarios are .
More or less , It was surely delightful <3 !!
AnimeLaver01May 18, 2016 6:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2016 10:48 AM
Jan 2016
Wow, such a nice anime! The ending is very happy and funny, so good.
9/10.
Looking forward to After story!
Jun 21, 2016 10:37 PM

Sep 2015
Just finished this after putting it off for so long. It was an average romance and an average show in every way. It had it's good moments and some annoying moments but overall I liked it. Now onto the real juicy stuff which is After Story.

7/10
Aug 16, 2016 10:51 AM
Jul 2016
Not exactly sure why this episode was chosen to be the last one, episode 22 would've been a much better way to finish off the series.
Nov 30, 2016 6:29 AM
Nov 2016
I literally laughed my ass off when Nagisa just exhaled after eating the pastry and Tomoya be like "What"
Jan 10, 2017 2:14 PM
Jun 2015
I kinda expected them to kiss tbh..But not too shabby for an ending I guess..
Jan 21, 2017 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
Akio-san was the best thing in this show. I really loved his relationship with Sanae. I don't know if Nagisa and Tomoya will ever be this good.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 22, 2017 5:30 AM

May 2016
flaskis said:
I have only one thing to say. Is there any seiyuu that can say "onii-chan" in a cuter way than Tamura Yukari? <3
So damn true she is so cute.
Jun 15, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
That last scene hit me quite hard knowing what will happen later.
Aug 11, 2017 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
Nagisa is the cutest cinnamon roll, fantastic comedy episode to end this first season.

Now it's time to rewatch After Story, my body is not ready.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Faust721 - Dec 13, 2007

206 by CalmTeaTime »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

446 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

137 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

194 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nodoka-koi - Dec 6, 2007

203 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.