Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Nov 2009
ttcchen said:

Rytakahashi09 said:

Am I glad I wasn't the only one who thought this when his "true" form got revealed.

He looks more like the Kyuubi to me lol.

Actually more like a Kyuubi in Digimon style.

Why do ppls think it's Pokemon? Pokemon are usually more softer and kid-friendly looking. (with the exception of those Ultra Beasts, which is technically from another world, not of Pokemon Origin)

While Digimon is more rough and sharp looking.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Dec 2018
what a heartwhelming episode, didn't expect this coming. Tohru's legend, right? Kyon's real form appeals anyone and i can understand it right now, does it mean that his mom never wholly loved him? As he stated, she always checked his forearm if his bracelet was there, also lockin him up and other things..
Sep 26, 2019 5:10 AM

Dec 2013
Kyou’s true form really is scary.

Tohru and her wholesomeness saves the day!

Kyou x Tohru begins?
Sep 27, 2019 10:59 PM
Jul 2016
Overall this adaptation's rendition of this episode was:

• sufficiently dramatic, if watched on its own
  • very faithful to the source manga, if you've read it before
  • slightly subdued but still impactful, even if you've seen the previous version of the animation

That said, I'm glad they removed some scenes from the original series because that leaves more room for proper storytelling in the next season.

All in all, this was a much-needed development for Kyo and Tooru, and without giving much away, pretty much a turning point (including season 2) for the series as a whole.
Oct 2, 2019 3:07 PM

May 2018
KYO SKJSDKSKFJEJNNJSBGAVFVSD AD I NEED ANSWERS WHY DOES THE CAT SPIRT HAVE ANOTHER FORM AND LIKE KYO MY BBY IDFK IF YOUR TRUE FORM IS STINKY AND KINDA CREEPY I'LL STILL LOVE YOU BYY AND YOURE STILL BETTER THAN YUKI OKAY ILYSM KYO DONT GIVE UP BBY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Oct 10, 2019 12:19 PM

Apr 2018
PurpleGirl203 said:
Too many feelings in this episode ;-; Tohru loves Kyo unconditionaly even in his dark form. This episode was very beautiful! The scene where Tohru was holding Kyo in her arms was also very touching! It melted my heart <3

Can't believe there's one more episode left :( At least it's confirmed there's a second season comming :3

Also, I will treasure this moment <3

Also my favorite. I had to keep replaying that scene so many times. I can't tell if he kissed her head.. If he did, that's soooooo cute.
Oct 19, 2019 5:08 PM

Jun 2015
this is basically confirmation to me that kyo is the winner and he's definitely the one for tohru, as tohru is the one for him. the overwhelming amount of emotion i felt and the connection i made to tohru and kyo made me respect them 10x more and love them 10x more.
Oct 21, 2019 8:28 AM

Oct 2013
welp, that's it. Kyou x Tohru is the ship. I feel legitimately bad for Kagura because I know she is HIGHKEY getting cucked, but that's fine because I know Kyou x Tohru is gonna get capsized anyway. Doesn't matter, it's the one I've now built emotional investment in.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 28, 2019 5:49 AM

Aug 2017

I didn't read the manga and didn't watch the 2001 adaptation but I really liked this episode. Finally, we know more about the purpose of Kyo's bracelet and more about his past. Also, I wasn't expecting to see a pokemon in this anime lmao.

My only issue was the bad animation in some scenes.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 9, 2019 7:02 PM

Nov 2018
Scene was much better executed in the older version.
Nov 11, 2019 2:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The episode came out of nowhere, in the sense, most build-up was done in this single episode... really loved the ending though.
His form is kinda gross but his eyes were really beautiful, Tohru turned back there for a bit, but I m glad she realized she would lose something really important that way.
PlaycoolDec 7, 2019 3:28 PM
Nov 26, 2019 8:26 AM

Jul 2016
This is the best episode for me by far. I didn't read the manga or watched the 2001 version so I'm saying without making a comparison. Omg I cried so much even I was at my job's lunch time with people around, I couldn't hold. I really never expected Kyo would be able to hurt Tohru that bad, it was a shock. And the final... It was so beautiful! I could feel they saying they love each other.

My god, I'm still feeling it.
miyo__Nov 28, 2019 10:58 AM
Nov 30, 2019 8:38 PM
Nov 2019
Looking forward for the second season!! It was better than the old version.
Dec 3, 2019 8:17 AM

Aug 2009
Damn this was a feels train. I had completely forgotten about Kyo's true form from the previous anime version! This episode was really well done.
Dec 6, 2019 6:52 AM

Mar 2015
Knew Kyo had some skeletons in his closet but wow!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 17, 2020 6:44 AM

Feb 2017
An amazing episode. My favorite episode in the show so far. Everything was executed really well.
That's the for I really didn't expect.
Mar 31, 2020 10:00 AM

Feb 2019
Episode after episode after episode of tearjerkers and heart-wrenchers. This anime really is killing it.

Usually on episodes or movies that really impacted me, I can't really say much. And this episode is exactly that, I can't say much. Even thought a thousand thoughts and feelings are going through me.

So I'll just say it was beautiful. And nothing beats that moment when Tohru embraced Kyou in his true form, and Kyou melted into her. Tohru is... I'm not even sure what the word is anymore. She's just so kind and warm and she can accept Kyou including his "true" form. She admitted that she was afraid, and didn't hide it under pleasantries. She just said what she wanted to say and expressed her true feelings. She truly accepted him for who he was.

The transition is just beautiful. From that horrific true form, he melted back into his human form in Tohru's arms, and finally he became his most vulnerable cat form, snug and comfortable and loved in Tohru's arms.

5/5. I don't think that even covers it anymore.
Apr 5, 2020 6:21 AM

Nov 2014
I actually disliked this one. The older version has better pacing than this one.

May 25, 2020 8:06 AM

Dec 2013
This is very touching. Kyo's master really cares for him and I felt sad at little Kyo stating he would kill the rat and then kill himself (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ Akito being a bastard grrr

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 25, 2020 5:50 AM

Jun 2020
Best episode for me yet was brought to tears. Kyo Tt___________tT

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 6, 2020 10:05 PM

May 2013
D'awwhhhhh :') this was always one of my fave episodes. I don't quite remember if this was the last ep for the OG Furuba anime, but I'm p sure it was? :3 Happy to get moar this time tho >:D and even a 2nd season! I'll look forward to it ^.^ heheh

I shipped YukiXTohru so badly back then, but now I'm happy with either that or TohruXKyo. Even though I know who Tohru ends up with ;P a girl can dream~
Jul 20, 2020 8:13 PM
Oct 2019
This is more like it. More Soma family. More Zodiac.

Kind of overly sappy at the end but to be expected.

Good episode.
Sep 11, 2020 3:03 AM
Oct 2013
Waiting till 24th episode to post a comment, I think this is a strong penultimate episode with all things considered. The VA for Kyo did a good job, but when the VA's suffering dialogue, I instantly thought on Yuuki Kaji, I just believed he will make a more emotional impact in a scene like this. But, kudos to VA for this.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Sep 17, 2020 12:57 AM
Aug 2020
Really emotional episode. I think the part that hit me the hardest was right after Shinso takes off Kyo's rosary bracelet, and Kyo screams, "Don't look," at Tohru… something about the raw emotion in his voice really got me. VA made it obvious that Kyo was in pain and desperation at the prospect of Tohru seeing him in his true form.

I haven't read any of the manga or watched the original 2001 anime, so I'm not sure how the episode differs from those arcs. But I am glad that they made Tohru's reaction what it was: honest and heartfelt but still very much Tohru-esque in her love for Kyo. Admitting that she was scared, I think, added something to the scene. It wasn't just the usual "Tohru accepts everything and everybody with a smile on her face", it was more real, and more raw. And then there was the super touching moment where, for the first time, we see Kyo reach out to embrace her.
Sep 21, 2020 3:45 PM
Mar 2017
I wasn't expecting Tohru to even vomit, this made me change my point of view of how hard it was to someone to approach Kyou's true form, that was a big emotional trip, but it was one of my favorite episodes too
Oct 9, 2020 11:26 PM
Apr 2016
Kyou is the most complicated tsundere out there — not limited to just love! I like him way more after this episode.

Feb 27, 2021 7:34 PM

May 2016
Kyou has another form, wowie, I did not see that coming. I love Tooru, she brings out the best in everyone. I love her relationship with Kyou, and I really thought they were gonna kiss at the end of this ep xD
Feb 28, 2021 7:11 AM

May 2015
Holy shit Kyo has evolved.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 16, 2021 1:19 PM

Jun 2019
A really powerful episode. Loved it. Kyo's second form was introduced beside his cute cat form.
Apr 15, 2021 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
Jesus facking christ Tohru is like a fucking saint among saints. The gal could cure cancer. This is literally the personification of someone with the IQ of over 9000. To be able to be so transparent, yet be thankful and know well of all the good that has happened and will continue to happen whilst knowing of the bad' thus choosing to see the pro's over the cons. As the latter is outweighed.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 23, 2021 7:46 AM

Dec 2020
TOHRU NOT DOING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE TELL HER (even tho it was for that person's well being but idc ill take it) LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO !!! also loved how her dialogue wasn't "im not scared of you. i still see you, you're still you. i love you". she admitted she was scared, she was surprised, but she wanted to adapt to it because she cared about him and wanted to stay with him. great ep im actually so happy with this ep.
why is kyo the only one who has another form? (for now im guessing it was bc he(cat zodiac) was replaced by the mouse?) why did he turn back into a cat when she hugged him? questions i have from this episode but im pretty sure it'll be explained in the 2nd/3rd season so cant wait for those !
May 1, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2020
Overall, a good and faithful adaptation of these events, although I can't help but feel like the old anime hit me harder here. I know the old version was padded with some filler content, but I still feel like the extra length gave more room for build-up and making it feel like the events actually took all night, rather than her immediately finding him and resolving everything ASAP.

But that's a small wrinkle in an otherwise solid adaptation.
May 14, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2020
Best episode and is the closest to make me really tear up (it's because of Kyo's speech in the end)

I'm starting to understand now why he's the most favorited char here
May 28, 2021 4:04 AM
May 2020
this episode makes me cry so hard. kyo's back story is painful — glad my tohru accepts him and wanna live with him. omg my heart this is da best. this one is so wholesome. i couldn't ask for moreeeee
Jun 7, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2021
Wow wow wow what a beautiful episode
Jun 28, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
I’m sobbing…!!!
Jun 29, 2021 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Lol Kyo totally killed tohru there. This was a nice episode.
Jul 1, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
DedPanda said:
Fucking powerful man, thank you 2019 version of this series for showcasing just how strong this moment was in the manga.

Also...was it ever explained why the Cat had a true form that looked like this? In my head, I feel like it has something to do with the malice that the generations of the cat felt towards the Rat for being lied to and excluded from the Zodiac.

I don't think it was! I'd like to know though, it's been over a decade since I read and watched FB. I like your theory, I'm going to imagine it like this!
Jul 20, 2021 7:40 PM
Apr 2017
This episode was so good! It had me tearing up at the end. I just wanted to see Kyou happy and I’m glad Tohru accepted him for his true form. I was scared when I saw her walking away, but she never left. The season is almost over, and it flew by from how good it was so far. One more!
Jul 28, 2021 8:59 AM
Nov 2020
The best episode so far
Jul 28, 2021 12:37 PM
Dec 2020
Kyou does not deserve someone like Tohru. She's sweet, caring and mature (despite being ditsy lol) -- KYOU THROUGH HER INTO A RIVER. I get how intensely emotional he was at the time and I'd probably think in the same way (if I hurt her, she'll stay away) but Tohru deserves better. Yes, it's cute that he clearly feels safe and comfortable around her and that she's possibly the only person he feels like that about but, I said it once and I'll say it again, TOHRU DESERVES BETTER. I said what I said (DISCLAIMER: I've only watched S1)
Aug 14, 2021 11:59 PM
Jun 2021
Ok... Honest I was bored to death until this episode. Love Kyo 😭😭😭
Sep 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Jul 2015
Damn I understand why Kyo doesn't show off his true cat form. It doesn't even resemble a cat anymore not even a Sphynx, with its snake-face more like some weird Digimon or Kyuubi.

Dec 1, 2021 10:08 AM

Dec 2007
maybe because it's i'm tired, or because i watched the first version, but i found the whole transforming kinda off, the first version was little better at the drama but kinda ruined tohru for me, in this one she actually made sense and very cute and sweet.

almost thought kyo gonna kiss her lol.
Jul 29, 2022 9:48 PM
Jun 2022
Woah, what an episode.

It was great to see how genuinely happy Kyo was when the sensei came back, because of how important the sensei is to Kyo.

But then it was heartbreaking to see the sensei show Kyo's true form, and reveal his secret. It was heartbreaking to see how broken Kyo was, and how he was hurting Tohru, but just because he didn't know what to do about the situation.

But Tohru never gave up on Kyo, and accepted him for who he really was, which was really what Kyo needed.

And the hug between Tohru and Kyo at the end. It was beautiful, but I'm also confused on why Kyo didn't turn into the cat. Maybe having the protective bracelet removed had something to do with it?
Jul 31, 2022 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
This part moves me deeply every time I've seen it, but I could especially connect to Kyo's feelings this time around. When I was at rock bottom, it felt like I'd reached the point of no return and needed to close off any potential exits that could give me a chance to hope again. I didn't have someone like Tohru who would accept me and try to pull through it together, but it's stories like this that have continued to encourage me to resist those self-destructive impulses. If anything, I want to try to be more like Tohru and face the ugliest parts of life without letting go of the beauty that's still buried within.
Oct 19, 2022 2:45 AM
Aug 2019
it was so deep, so emotional, and it told me that my ship was more likely to sail
Dec 27, 2022 9:56 AM
Feb 2016
so cute, this one made me love Kyo so much more
Jan 29, 2023 1:28 AM

Jul 2022
Intente pensar estar en la situación de Kyou y como se mortifica pensando en como pensaba su madre y realmente destrozaría mucho a uno

Definitivamente Kyou
Feb 7, 2023 10:56 PM
Apr 2020
crying sobbing screaming pulling my hair out
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

231 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 17, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.