Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dealing with a demon again? Also, Karin in a maid outfit! I was not ready for that.

Felt like episode had some intimidating moments and the mind games. I feel bad for Karin though. She deserves better.
Aug 4, 2019 7:49 AM

Aug 2013
Onigasaki is such a badass the way he threatened the demon.

Oshigiri is searching for his sister.

Aug 4, 2019 8:18 AM
Apr 2017
I'm impressed at how accurately they adapted this chapter, plus the style changes were really cool to see as well

All in all I'm really happy with how they did this ep :)
Aug 4, 2019 9:10 AM

Jan 2010
Onigasaki was too calm, he should have cut kikka head off.
Aug 4, 2019 9:38 AM

Mar 2016
Didn't MAL have a horror tag on this? I feel like it was the reason I had decided to watch this anime. Now, I can't find it, so I am wondering if I remembered things wrong. Well, this is a funny show, so I am still enjoying it.

The alpaca and Iride are both quite mysterious. I feel like the plot will get more serious when their secrets start getting revealed.

I knew Iride would fit between the bars, but it was still funny.

Aug 4, 2019 9:49 AM
Jul 2019
You know I'm starting to think that that megane yandere might be kink to that alpaca guy.
Aug 4, 2019 10:02 AM
Jul 2019
papsoshea said:
This episode was boring! ResidentSleeper
then drop it if you think it was boring.i thought it was interesting.
Aug 4, 2019 10:05 AM
Jul 2019
I am I the only one who's like why was iride crying.im so confused. Well i guess im not the only one.i mean that was so unexpected.
Aug 4, 2019 10:41 AM
Aug 2019
i need the bgm when onigasaki deals with kikka:(
Aug 4, 2019 2:05 PM
Apr 2016
Sugarcream said:
I am I the only one who's like why was iride crying.im so confused. Well i guess im not the only one.i mean that was so unexpected.

Well could be two reasons:
The series is a generic... something, and Iride is a goody-two-shoes who literally wants everyone to get along. So having Alpaca turn him down on his offer to be friends is a blow to him. Hopefully this is not true.
The series is serious enough for Iride to turn out to be an affection maniac and having someone refuse to be "his friends" or be charmed by him is a serious blow to his ego-ism. This idea, it can be said, is supported by the opening sequence, where Iride's and Roro's faces are shown in two different forms, Roro being just a stupid maniac and Iride dropping his smile. These could be their true faces. Remember when Roro cornered the mimic-monster in the bathroom, she hesitated when pseudo-Iride made a hideous smile. She commented that it is unfair, making such a face. It could allure to her actually knowing Iride's true self, and in that smile the monster looked almost like the real him, which startled her. In theory. Naturally, I believe Iride is a good guy and his affection mania does not stop him from genuinely caring for others, but hey.
Re:formed
Aug 4, 2019 2:05 PM
May 2017
Sugarcream said:

He's just a very sympathetic and sensitive person I guess?

Anyone else get weird vibes from Iride? He's way too bright and cheery not to be faking some of it. I welcome some kind of twist to his character because he's very one-dimensional as he is right now. He was the first person introduced and there has been a decent amount of focus on him so far so he seems to be an important character to the show. Some more complexity would be fitting. I'm also a sucker for psychologically broken characters so
Aug 4, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2011
I think the with Iride's tears stems deeper then just him being sympathetic. Roro has been stalking watching Iride for a long time. When she was watching him on screen even she was surprised when she saw him crying. There was that rag on Irides eyes as well along with him holding a white piece of cloth, so I think Paka did something to him.

Overall I felt like this part could have been crammed into one episode. It would have been better had they rescued Oshigiri's sister or at least mentioned "Hey she's in the game just not here." There was nothing resolved.

My only guess is to why Onigasaki wants to leave the game is because his grandfather/father (they dont really say who was his master) is on deaths door and he wants to be there either out of spite or love imo.

I am enjoying the character interactions though. Kudou and Inabas interaction was cute when Inaba reminded Kudou of Iride and she started to glow lol. That was funny. Also when Makino just reached for a Rice Ball. I like subtle moments like that in anime. It was nice.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 4, 2019 4:44 PM
Jul 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
Sugarcream said:

Well could be two reasons:
The series is a generic... something, and Iride is a goody-two-shoes who literally wants everyone to get along. So having Alpaca turn him down on his offer to be friends is a blow to him. Hopefully this is not true.
The series is serious enough for Iride to turn out to be an affection maniac and having someone refuse to be "his friends" or be charmed by him is a serious blow to his ego-ism. This idea, it can be said, is supported by the opening sequence, where Iride's and Roro's faces are shown in two different forms, Roro being just a stupid maniac and Iride dropping his smile. These could be their true faces. Remember when Roro cornered the mimic-monster in the bathroom, she hesitated when pseudo-Iride made a hideous smile. She commented that it is unfair, making such a face. It could allure to her actually knowing Iride's true self, and in that smile the monster looked almost like the real him, which startled her. In theory. Naturally, I believe Iride is a good guy and his affection mania does not stop him from genuinely caring for others, but hey.
i was thinking the same thing,but im kinda hesitating.Though he just so suspicious.
Aug 4, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 2019
papsoshea said:
Sugarcream said:
Why? I don't give a shit if you thought it was interesting.
okay.......thanks for telling me.
Aug 4, 2019 4:49 PM
Jul 2019
JoshsoJB said:
Sugarcream said:

He's just a very sympathetic and sensitive person I guess?

Anyone else get weird vibes from Iride? He's way too bright and cheery not to be faking some of it. I welcome some kind of twist to his character because he's very one-dimensional as he is right now. He was the first person introduced and there has been a decent amount of focus on him so far so he seems to be an important character to the show. Some more complexity would be fitting. I'm also a sucker for psychologically broken characters so
i also get weird vibes from from Iride.
Aug 4, 2019 5:42 PM
Jan 2017
The Ones Within delivers another great episode! This time, Kaikoku and Zakuro get their time in the sun and we get to see a part of their backstories. Also, I'm a bit surprised that Paca decided to save Akatsuki. Maybe he has an interest in him? He did say he cannot leave the 13th Avenue because of a promise. This show has managed to keep a good balance between the character moments and the greater story and I hope the next episode is even better.
Aug 4, 2019 6:51 PM

Jul 2017
Iride crying? I can't fathom...
And Paka saving him in that moment, and not leaving of a promise, hmm I wonder why that will be.

Oshigiri and Onigasaki on their search of the way out, little backstory on Onigasaki's part on finding his sister.

Getting good with every episode.
Aug 4, 2019 8:32 PM

Oct 2015
As long as Iride isn't too screened I will continue watching it, I can't stand how he is too placed in our faces!

There are lots of characters that need development in this show, he Shouldn't rape screentime!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 4, 2019 10:55 PM

Sep 2015
Definitely best episode imo. Although still isn't some amazing series, there's a lot mroe character development. And we get to see some interesting sides to our main antagonist. Everyone seem to have reasons, including Alpaca. I knew Alpaca didn't really want to have the cast die, or at least not yet.

The demon didn't really make it clear rather she remember his sister or not. And doesn't really explain what happened at all. So... still confused. I assume she don't remember, hence the lack of interrogation... But still felt inconclusive.

Karin in maid outfit and treating Iride is so cute. Definitely waifu material.

Also I'm happy to see i'm not the only person that get feel Iride is a bit weird. I feel like the Op at one point gives him a almost manipulative appearance. But it might be my imagination.
zcv45Aug 4, 2019 11:04 PM
Aug 5, 2019 3:04 AM

Apr 2015
Every episode so far has 30 seconds of gold within 25 minutes of meh.
Aug 5, 2019 4:54 AM

Feb 2019
The fact that Iride was so calm was annoying, but his "Because this is normal for me" caught me off guard. And wow, the character development was amazing. Maybe the plot will get more serious as the story goes on. But for now, I think I'll enjoy the humor.
Aug 5, 2019 12:48 PM
Jul 2019
papsoshea said:
Sugarcream said:
Exactly my reaction to your fanboy knee jerk reaction "dRoP iT".

well acutally i don't ship any of them especially the boys.and i didn't say"dRoP iT" like you said i did. i was giving my opinion. But you don't give a shit so okay.
Aug 5, 2019 1:39 PM

Jul 2019
papsoshea said:
Sugarcream said:

lol Jesus. you are so toxic. You can't have a civilized discussion or in depth opinion. I don't really know why are so hateful :shrug: . people on the internet these days are so quick to spread hate. but it is your opinion and I respect that.
Aug 5, 2019 4:17 PM

Jun 2010
The protagonist has been one of the least interesting characters so far.
In this episode he was just a fool.
Aug 5, 2019 4:19 PM
Jul 2019
papsoshea said:
Sugarcream said:
.and i didn't say"dRoP iT" like you said i did. i was giving my opinion. But you don't give a shit so okay.
Nice try. I said I don't give a shit about you thinking it was interesting. What I am calling out is you telling people what they should do because they didn't enjoy an episode that you obviously found interesting. See:

Sugarcream said:

goodness gracious okay. You took my opinion the wrong way cause i phrased my opinion wrongly. i apologize.oh also your the only person i told "to do something " besides i just joined recently. Also im sorry forcing you to do something,there.i apologize.
Aug 5, 2019 5:43 PM

Jul 2019
papsoshea said:
Sugarcream said:
.and i didn't say"dRoP iT" like you said i did. i was giving my opinion. But you don't give a shit so okay.
Nice try. I said I don't give a shit about you thinking it was interesting. What I am calling out is you telling people what they should do because they didn't enjoy an episode that you obviously found interesting. See:

Sugarcream said:

ohwoll said:
lol Jesus. you are so toxic. You can't have a civilized discussion or in depth opinion. I don't really know why are so hateful :shrug: . people on the internet these days are so quick to spread hate. but it is your opinion and I respect that.
There is nothing hateful that I posted. And how do you know I can't have a civilized discussion or in-depth opinion? Do you know me or something? Have you seen all my posts on the internet? Are you basing your assumption on just 2 posts on this thread? And are you really going to act like the responses I got deserved "CiViLiZeD" and "iN-dEPTh" responses? Talk about stretching things, Mother Theresa.

what lol. read your own words. "I don't give a shit", "knee jerk fanboy reaction", "residentSleeper", tYpIng LikE a tRolL, calling me "Mother Theresa" - and its Teresa... lol?.

Plus, "are you really going to act like the responses I got deserved ..." Whaaaat? What part of their response triggered you so much? Their response was literally just "drop it if you don't like it" and " I thought it was interesting". neither statement has any reason for you to respond the way you did IMO. I just think you are overreacting and responding in a hateful way.

of course, it is still only two posts, but these two posts are my first impressions of you, and they give off hateful vibes and passive-aggressive syntax, whether intentional or not.

Aug 5, 2019 6:24 PM
Oct 2018
Just asking, is there any romance in this anime so far? But don't spoil me who and how. Thanks
Aug 6, 2019 9:33 AM
Apr 2016
papsoshea said:
Sugarcream said:

You know you could appear (if you want to try) a mature human being and not an uncultured little brat if you actually provided points of WHY an episode/series is bad. Like developed people do during discussions and arguments. Merely answering to someone's retort with an even more toxic retort does not make you look any better. Just... pity inducing.
Bingki-san said:
Just asking, is there any romance in this anime so far? But don't spoil me who and how. Thanks

There is a... one sided affection from one of the characters to the other.
seikanyuuki said:

Plot depth:

_______

(you): o/

seikanyuuki said:
Sugarcream said:
papsoshea said:

goodness gracious okay. You took my opinion the wrong way cause i phrased my opinion wrongly. i apologize.oh also your the only person i told "to do something " besides i just joined recently. Also im sorry forcing you to do something,there.i apologize.

Do not worry about this, it is fine. You will meet way more shallow, worse people on these access-free, anonymous forums.

Daniel_NaumovAug 6, 2019 9:46 AM
Re:formed
Aug 7, 2019 6:30 PM

Mar 2010
MC starting to seem a bit scary to me.

So scientist girl just goes back and watch them on tv? Weird. Well she was already weird but meh
StardewAug 7, 2019 8:40 PM
Aug 10, 2019 11:57 PM

Dec 2014
lol she was just playing house literally
Aug 16, 2019 1:28 PM

Mar 2019
papsoshea said:
Sugarcream said:

your comment was totally uninteresting and boring too... and i'm not even a fan of this series, lol
tell us WHY you think this instead

btw this was the FIRST episode i find interesting... i'm only seeing this series because my brother seems to have an interest, we see it together
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Aug 17, 2019 7:03 AM

Mar 2019
[/quote]I don't really care what you think about my comment, [/quote]

that's the whole point
the same can be said of your post here
no one cares, lol
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Sep 25, 2019 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
Another strong episode!
Apr 1, 2020 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting to see that the view of the game characters don't always align with the view of the the supervisor(s) of the game. Don't know how to feel about the fact that the mc group can't be killed by the game characters unless the supervisors allow it, kind of takes the danger away.

Akki really is one weird kid for trying to befriend the person who holds him hostage

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something..... ( Important )

Ghefira - Mar 4

2 by Pendragon572 »»
Mar 5, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu] Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2019

73 by abystoma2 »»
Feb 29, 2:24 AM

» This Anime Makes No Sense (Questions for Manga Readers)

removed-user - Jul 18, 2019

4 by Etherlyte »»
Feb 13, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu] Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

107 by emmurlemmur »»
Aug 2, 2023 3:03 PM

Poll: » Shipping!

CrimsonCandy - Sep 1, 2019

10 by Memegome »»
Nov 20, 2021 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.