Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An episode about some card game....

Pretty wacky episdoe especially with Metal Lee. I mean, the guy wants to prove himself. Boruto didn't waste much time getting to work either.
Jul 7, 2019 4:48 AM

Jan 2017
The episode was more on the forgettable end of the spectrum to be honest. However I'm actually looking forward to next week since we're getting to see a bit of Team 25!
Jul 7, 2019 4:50 AM

Aug 2013
BlackCicero said:
The episode was more on the forgettable end of the spectrum to be honest. However I'm actually looking forward to next week since we're getting to see a bit of Team 25!

Agreed. I like the design of the goth lolišŸ˜
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Jul 7, 2019 7:18 AM

Feb 2013
This was funny, they both deserved to be there.
Jul 7, 2019 7:35 AM

Jul 2015
Is this episode a promotion for some real life cards?
I wonder how the heck Kiba and Akamaru got a card before Rock Lee? I wonder who the other characters are with a card

Jul 7, 2019 10:18 AM
Jun 2017
Kids will always be kids and for me i remember my childhood days when you are fighting just for the sake of a Card. Hahaha... those days. Yeah...
Jul 7, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really surprised that neither Rock Lee or Shino didn't have a card made before Akamaru of all characters. Like papsoshea said, "Rock Lee being the new blue beast of the leaf should be enough + Shino is from one of the most famed clans in the land of fire." They both are worthy of a spot on a card. If not that then look at what they had accomplished as shinobi.

As soon as Metal said his dad should be on the card instead of Shino, I thought why not have them both be on the card. It can be like a rarity like Naruto since there are 2 people on a card instead of just 1, but I'm glad they both got their own card at the end of the day.
Jul 7, 2019 10:49 AM

Oct 2017
Yea just wtf man they r making trading card game inside the anime but okay whatever. Well watching Shino and Rock Lee after a while was nice. Gd to see they r both doing well.
Jul 7, 2019 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
With them showing off the cards, I thought we were finally getting back to adapting the manga, but no, another anime filler.

Since a lot of people are just shrugging it off, these cards appear in the arc shortly after the fight with Momoshiki and but they changed the arc entirely into a crappy filler episode. Really wished it didn't so we could finally get some progression towards the actual story. They might just change it entirely at this point.
PaulJul 7, 2019 5:04 PM
Jul 7, 2019 5:47 PM

Feb 2019
this is when the old adage "be careful what you wish for" comes into play lol fun episode, predictable ending. and next week, Kakashi in Disguise will make an appearance again lol
Jul 7, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2015
Boring episode as always! I've accepted that this anime is just a pass time kinda vibe.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 8, 2019 12:07 AM

Jan 2018
No respect for the og cast. Was hoping for the return to the source material after the introduction of the trading cards, but i doubt we'll get back on track for a while since the manga updates too slowly to sustain an anime adaptation for very long.
whats a signature
Jul 8, 2019 5:13 AM

Dec 2018
Sigh.... one of them should've said "Why not both?" to make things faster.

Also if it's that easy to carve a stone face, why all this time they hire a workers for that? Either Iwabe is really talented or Konoha is just dumb.

So Hoki was just a fan, huh?
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 8, 2019 7:28 AM
Mar 2019
New ED! Even though next week is more filler, at least we'll get focus on a character that hasn't seen any screentime prior
Jul 8, 2019 6:12 PM

May 2014
I am more surprised for what kind of ep. we got. They must really be out of ideas. Well then again this ep. was a filler so it makes sense why it was this bad. It's funny to see how serious and determined Boruto is to get the smallest and stupidest idea through. What I haven't understand is why they made Rock Lee look so mature and old. He looks so much older than both Sasuke and Boruto together. He have so little fat on him that he looks old and very fragile.

The biggest question of all is who Rock Lee b***** to get Metal Lee which is still a mystery. Rumors goes it's Tenten, but not confirmed yet. I wonder if he is gonna have it's own arc to find out who his mom is just like Sarada. That would indeed be funny to watch.
Jul 8, 2019 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
this is just crazy hilarious filler episode!
why are there people still getting addicted to card game? i could never understand the aesthetics of that card culture! eg: The Gathering sh!t...!
4/5.

Jul 9, 2019 6:32 AM

Sep 2009
I thought for sure they would start the Bodyguard arc of the manga. Nope. This is why Pierrot should not be allowed adapt anymore mangas from jump.
Jul 10, 2019 3:09 PM

Oct 2009
komic said:
I thought for sure they would start the Bodyguard arc of the manga. Nope. This is why Pierrot should not be allowed adapt anymore mangas from jump.

There's like filler episodes till August.
Jul 14, 2019 4:32 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Psst...

Okay. The premise for this episode is actually really cute. ;o;;

I'm also kinda surprised that Rock Lee didn't already have a card...?? I'm sure there's a Gai card, but I think both Gai and Lee's presence in the community are super important as shinobi who don't specialize in chakra. As silly as they kinda made them at points, they still worked incredibly hard and achieved great things. If you're trying to SELL a card, I would definitely put Lee since he's pretty darn easy to look up to. I did always think Shino was pretty cool back in the day, but Lee would probs sell better.

I'm glad they both received a card though in the end! ;o;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 13, 2019 4:52 AM
Oct 2018
I think that what I feel about Denki is hatred.
Oct 27, 2019 3:19 PM

Aug 2011
I find it hard to believe with that long list of names Denki's father produced that neither Rock nor Shino made the first cut. Really?

Also, they could have given them both good action shots, using their skills instead of just posing. That sucked also.
Jun 20, 2022 8:55 AM
Dec 2013
As someone who collects booster packs, fuck you Sarada! Judgmental bitch.
Feb 19, 2023 3:04 PM
Sep 2021
Filler...
But still, nice to see shino and rock back in action for a couple seconds.
May 26, 2023 8:02 PM
May 2023
De momento uno de los capitulos mas relleno pero entretenido, tranquilamente se puede saltear este capitulo.
Apr 2, 3:18 AM

Nov 2012
goofy ep but it was okay I guess, is kind of an insult that the original konoha 11 wouldn't all be in those cards, unless it included alive & dead and from other villages too, then I understand. But the having an Akamaru card but no Shino or Rock Lee was pretty funny.

new ED I think? at least those and the OPs are pretty consistently good, from what I remember anyway.

fake kakashi kid next ep? another concept which could be cool but I have my doubts on their execution.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.