Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do lewd sets bother you?
May 2, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2018
I'm curious to see if it bothers a majority of users or not.
For me i guess I don't care too much since I can just disable signatures if need be.

Of course if we delve into the fact that a good portion of MAL's demographic is under the age of 18, including myself, should that factor into the severity of how lewd one's set can be? If you look around it doesn't take long to see that there are some blatantly NSFW sets, and MAL's restrictions on them are pretty damn low.

I'm not mentioning profiles, because I feel like people can do whatever they want with those, but sets we're almost forced to see if we participate in the forums

But like i said before I guess i don't care that much, since I can be downright raunchy myself.
izumaMay 2, 2019 9:05 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2019
I don't mind it, but I'm not particularly fond of it either. I guess neutral is the correct way to describe it.

As for young demographic users, if they're above the age of 13 then they probably know what they're doing already, unless it's blatant nudity then I guess it's fine.

For children under the age of 12 however, we should be more concerned on how the parents are doing their jobs, keeping an eye on them rather than the child seeing NSFW stuff on the internet.

May 2, 2019 9:08 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not a fan. If someone did it temporarily for a joke, I guess it's fine, but to have a lewd set all the time doesn't say too much about the user.

I just don't like ecchi anymore at my age.

May 2, 2019 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Not really a fan of them but I've been known to do the same thing with male sets so I can't judge.
May 2, 2019 9:12 AM

Oct 2018
neutral to them, but considering that I use MAL in a semi-public to public location, they can be a hassle; I know a couple times I had to turn on work mode because of certain users that I will refrain from mentioning.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
May 2, 2019 9:13 AM

Nov 2017
Indifference. I mean, my eyes have seen worse
May 2, 2019 9:16 AM

Oct 2018
Digital_Shiroi said:

For children under the age of 12 however, we should be more concerned on how the parents are doing their jobs, keeping an eye on them rather than the child seeing NSFW stuff on the internet.

I agree and disagree with this statement. It can be difficult, especially nowadays, to completely monitor what your children are doing online. Especially since now we live in a era that is practically reliant on internet for functionality, so kids are learning how to navigate the web at a rather young age.

But yes, parents honestly should have full reign over a minors internet privileges. Especially since kids can be gullible and naive.

May 2, 2019 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Not a fan of them and the pants that are shoved in my face in these sets are just... obnoxious? That's so blatant that it's as sexy and erotic as a documentary about mating monkeys.
But do whatever floats your boat.

Digital_Shiroi said:
I don't mind it, but I'm not particularly fond of it either. I guess neutral is the correct way to describe it.

As for young demographic users, if they're above the age of 13 then they probably know what they're doing already, unless it's blatant nudity then I guess it's fine.

I think, it's the other way around. It would be cringey, if you see kids like this (but there aren't so many of them here anyway?). They just want to be cool and appear as adults very badly.
removed-userMay 2, 2019 9:21 AM
May 2, 2019 9:19 AM

Jul 2007
I like them because I'm a disgusting pervert.
May 2, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2013
As long as it's not a loli, I don't really care. I don't have anybody looking over my shoulder when I browse forums and I'm past the age of being embarrassed about sex.

I do wish they were lewding hot guys rather than women though.
May 2, 2019 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
I don't really care if people have them, I just don't think they get that it comes off as fucking wierd, not because of the exhibitionism but because we're on a site with primarily underagies. In fact I think you could make a strong argument that it's grooming. To be honest It's pretty much the same reason I stopped talking about drugs on here. I don't really care if people know I do them, but maybe talking so openly about it around young ears is a bad idea.

also, if they are gonna do it,

NthDegree said:
xaowMay 2, 2019 9:29 AM
May 2, 2019 9:25 AM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't mind lewd sets if 90% of them weren't tasteless.
May 2, 2019 9:29 AM

Oct 2018
EratiK said:
You mean like Ipreferecchi's? x3

Ps: I don't mind em. If anything they let me know that the individual is very active and energetic.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 2, 2019 9:31 AM

Aug 2009
Sometimes I browse at work... so that doesn't really help, but in general, I got love for the lewds.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 2, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2018
xaow said:
I don't really care if people have them, I just don't think they get that it comes off as fucking wierd, not because of the exhibitionism but because we're on a site with primarily underagies. In fact I think you could make a strong argument that it's grooming. To be honest It's pretty much the same reason I stopped talking about drugs on here. I don't really care if people know I do them, but maybe talking so openly about it around young ears is a bad idea.

also, if they are gonna do it,

NthDegree said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It truly does come off as weird, and really negates a majority of users wanting to approach them. Or at least i feel it would anyway. Because, it's not like i don't talk about that kind of stuff, but when you make it so obvious that you have such a divine passion for it, you kind of give of an aura that's repulsive. Which is a shame because they're not all bad people.

May 2, 2019 9:45 AM

Apr 2019
Maneki-Mew said:

I think, it's the other way around. It would be cringey, if you see kids like this (but there aren't so many of them here anyway?). They just want to be cool and appear as adults very badly.

I was referring to what izu said :

izu- said:

a good portion of MAL's demographic is under the age of 18, including myself, should that factor into the severity of how lewd one's set can be? If you look around it doesn't take long to see that there are some blatantly NSFW sets, and MAL's restrictions on them are pretty damn low.

It's fine for 13 year olds to look at NSFW as they already know what they are doing. (As I did when I was 13) as long as its not blatant nudity.

But if you're talking about them trying to show-off with NSFW pictures shoving it up our screen, then you're right on that one, since it's not appropriate with other underage people here.

But really, I don't judge them because of that.
I couldn't care less about it since it's not my business.
-ShinzoMay 2, 2019 9:48 AM

May 2, 2019 9:46 AM

May 2017
What kind of anime fan hate seeing lewd set?? LOL
I don't mind, except when it's some yaoi set.
let's be honest, yaoi is not for everyone.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

May 2, 2019 9:56 AM

May 2011
They're gross and they make it hard to browse in public. I have to put my brightness on the lowest setting and even then I feel like a creep in everyone's eyes.
May 2, 2019 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
zBluee said:

I love how how you immediately contradicted yourself. Yaoi is pretty lewd, so looks like the answer to your question was 'yourself'.
May 2, 2019 10:42 AM
Feb 2016
For me they're generally pretty nauseating. I dunno, whenever I see one I just feel kinda gross for it "being there" on my page whenever I'm on MAL at all. Like, everything seems normal and then "lol nope here's someone's ass."

May 2, 2019 10:44 AM

Aug 2018
I don't mind them as long as they're not drawn weirdly or loli.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
May 2, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
L_o_l_i said:
EratiK said:
You mean like Ipreferecchi's? x3

Ps: I don't mind em. If anything they let me know that the individual is very active and energetic.~

i don't see a difference between yours and ipreferecchis x3

May 2, 2019 11:11 AM

Oct 2018
zzzeally said:
His are less lewd pretty much. He says that's his last sig update and that bores me a bit.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 2, 2019 11:24 AM

May 2017
NthDegree said:
zBluee said:

I love how how you immediately contradicted yourself. Yaoi is pretty lewd, so looks like the answer to your question was 'yourself'.

"What kind of anime fan hate seeing lewd set?? LOL
let's be honest, yaoi is not for everyone."

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

May 2, 2019 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Neutural they can be annoying when you are browsing a forum post and one of them pops up while you are on mobile. Otherwise yeah you can just block these sets.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
May 2, 2019 11:38 AM

Jul 2016
L_o_l_i said:
zzzeally said:
His are less lewd pretty much. He says that's his last sig update and that bores me a bit.~
I only want something that perfectly represents me.

Seikon no Qwaser is my favorite anime of all time. It pushes the boundaries as far as they can be pushed if you watch it. And I don't want to spoil every scene from every anime, so I have to pick a point to stop.~

And the character has the same MBTI as me and I've shown people my ass.
May 2, 2019 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
don't really like them.

i think it's ok for profiles because i actively have to visit that specific profile to see it, which i wouldn't do more than once. on the forums i can't help seeing them continously as i'm scrolling a thread which i might find interesting. i know i can block certain users posts from showing (but i wouldn't want to do this since the content of their post might actually be interesting) or i could turn on work mode and hide ava/signatures but i enjoy seeing images linked with users as it makes them more individual and identifiable for me. i guess i just wish i could scroll down a forum thread without seeing 8 year old animated characters shaking their ass at me in looping gifs.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 2, 2019 11:43 AM

Oct 2018
Sad said:
i just wish i could scroll down a forum thread without seeing 8 year old animated characters shaking their ass at me in looping gifs.
@Ipreferecchi you're grounded, go to your room and think about what ya did!~

And no jerking off for a month!

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 2, 2019 11:50 AM

Jul 2016
@L_o_l_i I haven't jerked off since hours before Easter. Jesus gives me those +rep points for that.

Sad said:
8 year old animated characters shaking their ass

She's early teens actually. Undisclosed precise age.
May 2, 2019 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
IpreferEcchi said:
@L_o_l_i I haven't jerked off since hours before Easter. Jesus gives me those +rep points for that.

Sad said:
8 year old animated characters shaking their ass

She's early teens actually. Undisclosed precise age.

you make the assumption that i'm even referring to you. when i was writing that post the thread wasn't updated to even show yours, but i guess it is somewhat relevant and amusing that you posted just before. it's a historical statement. but i guess the clarification does wonders either way...
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 2, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2015
I mean, I can't even use paint so how in the hell can I get good sig? Also, no I do not like parading shit in MAL. I have no problems when users do it to be honest.
May 2, 2019 3:01 PM

Dec 2013
zBluee said:
NthDegree said:

May 2, 2019 4:36 PM

Jan 2009
i dont care, i even tried it sometimes and im alone when browsing MAL

izu- said:

Of course if we delve into the fact that a good portion of MAL's demographic is under the age of 18

not really, the fact is most users here are 18 and above
source https://myanimelist.net/images/advertising/ad_fig02.png
May 2, 2019 5:17 PM

Apr 2012
It doesn't bother me at all. Because I've become desensitized to lewd stuff, but when I'm out in public it is a bit of an issue. For obvious reasons.
May 2, 2019 5:35 PM

Oct 2010
It's not like they can put anything too extreme since it would be against the site rules, so I'm not about to get mad about a butt or some cleavage.
May 2, 2019 5:56 PM

Jun 2016
Yeah, it's one of the main reasons I disable images in my browser while I'm on MAL.
Don't want to look at a (probably) underage cartoon girl's ass tyvm.

What's upside down?
What's coated in silver?

Join my cool club!!
art: lavelis
May 2, 2019 5:58 PM

Oct 2018
Usagi said:
It's not like they can put anything too extreme since it would be against the site rules, so I'm not about to get mad about a butt or some cleavage.
It's funny to me that the person that posted below ya thinks that they are real people.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 2, 2019 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely disgusting. Only virgins use lewd sets anyway. That is an undeniable fact.
May 2, 2019 6:29 PM

Oct 2018
deg said:
i dont care, i even tried it sometimes and im alone when browsing MAL

izu- said:

Of course if we delve into the fact that a good portion of MAL's demographic is under the age of 18

not really, the fact is most users here are 18 and above
source https://myanimelist.net/images/advertising/ad_fig02.png

Wow, I mean, I assumed we were in the minority but not to that degree.
Seems like an avid amount of younglings use the forums though, or at least FG which is typically where i dwell.

That was interesting to see though, thanks for that link :o
May 2, 2019 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
i'm not a fan of sexual content in general, if you ask me.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 2, 2019 6:38 PM

Dec 2008
I've never used "sets" and never will but sometimes it's enjoyable to see how big an ass somebody will make themselves out to be.
Life Is Short But Intense.
May 2, 2019 6:38 PM

Mar 2018
They are inappropriate and have no place on a site that caters to teenagers and young adults.
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
May 2, 2019 6:57 PM
May 2017
If it is fine and good taste erotic content, why not? Sex is part of life and people are free to express themselves respectfully.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 2, 2019 7:05 PM

Jan 2009
leonardobarba said:
If it is fine and good taste erotic content, why not? Sex is part of life and people are free to express themselves respectfully.

ye and i rather see erotic content than gore content (hopefully SSJMaster will never comeback)
May 2, 2019 7:19 PM

Apr 2015
No, of course not, I like some of them. It's way better than edgy quotes or bloody characters, too.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 2, 2019 7:21 PM

Sep 2018
I don't really mind tbh, people can do whatever as long as it's within the rules x)

May 2, 2019 7:43 PM

Sep 2007
It's 2019, lewd sets are one of the least controversial things going on in the world right now.

May 2, 2019 7:49 PM

Feb 2019
IDGAF. It seems a bit immature but it's their Choice. I have more important things to worry about, like whether or not I'm out of Granola.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 2, 2019 7:55 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I like 'em, but I don't really care if other people dislike them so long as they're not the type to try to push for rules forcing them off of the forums entirely in favor of what they consider to be more acceptable.

People should be able to use the forum sets they please for the most part regardless, and the rules on what lewd sets are allowed to display are stricter than most give them credit for as is anyway. There's multiple tools people can use to hide them on the site at that.

May 2, 2019 7:56 PM

May 2017
NthDegree said:
zBluee said:

Now quote the part where I say that I hate it, kid.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

22 by UncreatedSong »»
21 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 9 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
1 hour ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.