Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2019 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh kids these days lol

It's kinda neat Subaru has some guests coming over to make his life feel more lively. All that food and ramen makes it look like a party. As usual, I enjoy the bonding moments between Haru and Subaru.

Haru's reaction to the delicious food is absolutely priceless. That's cat behavior :o
Feb 20, 2019 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
damn i keep getting impressed by the haru every episode tho

Well...
Feb 20, 2019 9:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very fun episode, that friend of Subaru really cares for his well-being, having him eat food and forcing him to have interaction once in a while.

Haru's faces were indeed great, ending scene warms my heart.
Feb 20, 2019 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
Mizora is just so cute, if only real kids were that cute.
Turned out that the jk girl was one of Hiroto's sister and not his neighbors.

It felt so good that Haru met Haru again, I wonder if she will reappear on later episode, that would be so cute.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Feb 20, 2019 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
Jeeze the cuteness just continues to grow each week! Haru's snoring was so freaking adorable!

Subaru's development has been really nice too. Dealing with the kids, recommending a book to Hiroto's sister and wanting to take on the book singing are big steps for Subaru.

The after credits scene was hilarious "Where is it? Where is it?" "Don't worry the food is right here!" LOL So good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 20, 2019 11:37 AM
Jun 2016
Fun episode...

Haru got the full Haru workout today....the poor thing. And poor old Subaru too.

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Feb 20, 2019 11:40 AM

Sep 2015
Amazing episode again! Its really a small world since the delivery lady was the same who used to feed her.
Feb 20, 2019 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
well....didnt think we'll have a potential waifu war in this show with Nagisa in the fold.

i actually hope Haru sees and recognizes Haru if there's a next time around
Feb 20, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
This was so wholesome. I mean, I'm sure that having their space invaded like that wasn't easy for Subaru and Haru-chan, but they managed it and they are clearly loved so I guess this was a good thing. I wasn't expecting Hiroto to have such a big family, but I was glad to see him sharing this brotherhood with Subaru. Even Kawase was there, it was really special. if only Nana and Yugo were there too, maybe some other time, when Subaru's heart grows stronger. lol

I can't wait for the autograph session now. It's not easy to leave your comfort zone, but I guess that Subaru is really going to try after having this experience. I'm sure that at least Yugo is going to be there to find out that Subaru is the one behind the book. And maybe Hiroto or his younger sister will be there too. Oh, and it was great to see Haru meeting Haru. xD
Feb 20, 2019 3:51 PM

Jun 2017
CATS ARE THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD CHANGE MY MIND pirate sora too...
"Gradually Watermelon"
Feb 20, 2019 4:27 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Bubby??? Dont think ive ever seen “onii-chan” transliterated before as “bubby” and i dont think i ever want to again, plz 😅
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 20, 2019 4:32 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
YumiShinku said:
CATS ARE THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD CHANGE MY MIND pirate sora too...

Which would make a better pet tho? 😄
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 20, 2019 5:12 PM

Dec 2016
What an entertaining episode :3 It was so fun to watch <3

Oh no... so next episode Subaru is going to be sick :( I am wondering how Haru will react >.>

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 20, 2019 5:54 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always. :)

Nagisa is a sweetie, I hope we see more of her. XD

Neither Subaru nor Haru can catch a break with all those people around. XD
Then again, I guess that's what makes home such a warm place. :)

The final scene was so wholesome.
Feb 20, 2019 7:15 PM

Mar 2016
Writers and cats are as introverted as you can go. lol. A lot of things that happened in this episode would cause me extreme anxiety if they happened to me.

I wish I had a friend who liked reading. I wanna have a relationship where I can stay quiet and recommend novels, films, manga, etc. to the other person and they can do the same for me.

Haru and Haru had a reunion. The cat, however, didn't care at all. hahaha
Feb 20, 2019 7:58 PM

Jun 2015
haru during every episode just keeps proving to me how much i love cats
Feb 20, 2019 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
just a relaxin episode with cute haru <3
Feb 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode and great new characters.
The warmest series of this witer season.

Those kids ). I really empathized for Haru and Subaru.
Feb 21, 2019 2:25 AM

Jul 2014
The children were unexpected and certainly a little annoying, but at least the show actually made that work to its advantage with both Subaru and Haru's POVs, rather than just adding the children for the sheer sake of it.
Feb 21, 2019 3:18 AM

Feb 2018
Disclaimer: I love this anime, so far it has been great and entertaining! Story is nice and cute, the animation is pretty, and the music is nice. Yet there is of course the "but". So, hear me out:
This was one of the most horrible anime episodes I have ever seen. No, the episode wasn't bad, but it contents were horrifying.
As a someone who has been suffering social anxiety disorder for 15 years, I couldn't finish this episode in one sitting. Having been in that situation where unknown people just invite themselves in without asking you, harassing your pets and going through your stuff, made me feel so sad and distressed while watching this episode. The poor guy is Japanese, so he even can't tell the people to duck off from his apartment. :D
So far the anime has done a good job handling Subaru's introvert character, having more of a neutral touch to it. "Yeah, he has been shy, and trauma has made him more antisocial. Yeah, he has couple of friends who visit's him and socialize with him. That's cool. Everyone's happy." But this episode was completely different. I don't know, if I'm taking this too personally, but the episode felt like a goddamn punch in the guts, like "NO! Being introvert is bad! You can only be happy when surrounded by annoying noisy people! That's how you cure yourself! Being alone is BAD!"
It is true that being alone all the time isn't healthy, but nor is surrounding yourself with people you don't like. :D
Besides Subaru isn't totally alone. He has Haru. :3
Feb 21, 2019 4:17 AM

Mar 2017
Spending time with many people. It really is fun to see Subaru's character developing. He's even considering the autograph thing.
Haru was great as ever.

This show does a really good job in healing your heart.
Feb 21, 2019 8:35 AM

Oct 2008
another fun heart-warming and beautifully done episode especially the part where Haru slept with Subaru.
Only bad thing is I'm getting hentai vibes from that JK outfit on Nagisa!
5/5.

Feb 21, 2019 12:13 PM
Jan 2019
For a moment I thought that Subaru would lose patience with so many people and noise. LOL. It was a nice experience.
Feb 21, 2019 9:12 PM
Jan 2016
A completely funny episode! And cute as hel. I always feel relaxing watching this, i felt like episode was only 10 minutes!
Feb 22, 2019 7:05 AM

Mar 2010
If he does the autograph event. I think the brother and sister will be there :o

Great episode
Feb 22, 2019 11:32 AM

Aug 2007
Oh, Subaru, I know does it feel. To tolerate visits and try to endure their company. Haru needs to learn from my cat. If there is any visit he hides very well.
Feb 23, 2019 2:07 PM
Apr 2018
NekoHennuli said:
...This was one of the most horrible anime episodes I have ever seen. No, the episode wasn't bad, but it contents were horrifying.
So far the anime has done a good job handling Subaru's introvert character, having more of a neutral touch to it. ... But this episode was completely different..., like "NO! Being introvert is bad! You can only be happy when surrounded by annoying noisy people! That's how you cure yourself! Being alone is BAD!"...

You nailed my thoughts on this episode. This show is as much about an adult struggling with social anxiety as it is about a cat, and I didn't love the direction it felt like this episode leaned. Just watching the kids made my blood pressure rise, but the show kind of treated it like, "They're cute, plus everyone obviously likes and wants kids, so it's in the best interests of the introvert to pile on the exposure therapy."

I shouldn't feel stressed-out after watching an episode of a cute anime about the growing bond between a guy and a cat, but I do! I hope this was a one-off. If not, I will have to drop the show.
Feb 23, 2019 4:10 PM

Feb 2018
w_i_t_d said:
I hope this was a one-off. If not, I will have to drop the show.

I really hope that too, my friend. Though the dropping the series sounds kinda harsh, since so far this series has been adorable. :3 But I understand your point there. If it's gonna be too "propaganda"(ish?), then it's not enjoyable anymore.

I'm actually hoping that Subaru would do the signing event, and meet the Okami-siblings, because that scenario could make some great character development, and also drama.
In a way I would also want to see a scenario, where Subaru would lash out (Is that the correct term?) to some of these people, and let them know, how he really feels. Because, unfortunately, sometimes that is needed, in order to get your friends and loved ones to understand you better.

But we'll just have to wait, what the world of Subaru and Haru has to offer for us. :3
Feb 23, 2019 10:26 PM

Dec 2014
the kids are something...in real life they are more naggy and not easily pleased
Feb 25, 2019 6:36 PM
Nov 2010
Just for something unrelated please go watch Kitbull by Pixar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZS5cgybKcI

This will hit the feels so fast.

Edit: And this episode at best felt like a filler but Hiroshi or whatever his name is seems like he's well off in the $ department thus able to order take out as big as that. However, I hope for more development between Haru and Sabaru in the next 5 episodes.
Mar 1, 2019 12:02 PM

Dec 2016
Haru's a good girl
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 3, 2019 8:58 AM
Aug 2018
So facial recognition is non existant, huh?
Would have been cute if the cat Haru remembered the human Haru.
I wish they made the cat at least a little bit smarter..
Mar 3, 2019 9:14 AM

Jul 2016
is it just me or i really want a cat now
Mar 3, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
You would think that this is just a cute cats doing cute things at first (I call them CCDCT) and then it's so touching and wholesome!
Mar 9, 2019 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
This was kind of a repeat in sentiment to past epsx but I'm glad Haru living there is feeling homey. The cat side of things is rather light today.
Mar 10, 2019 11:07 AM
Apr 2018
Love this anime soo much 😭👍👍
Mar 24, 2019 7:47 PM

Aug 2017
.....I hate kids...
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 2019 4:05 AM

Jun 2013
Hiroto just uproots his clan and squats at Subaru's place for half of the day.

I'm surprised Subaru has a three year old sister considering he's already in his twenties.

Haru is a sweetheart. She even protected the kids or rather decided not to scratch up the little girl thinking she's not a threat.
臭い-
Apr 5, 2019 4:30 PM
Sep 2018
I think... that if not for Hiroto, Subaru might not be able to deal with people at all now that his parents are dead.
Hiroto, and then Atsushi.
Both are concerned for him, and check on him if it's been too long without seeing him, or if he doesn't respond to attempts at contact. I suspect he'd be dead by now if not for them; he really does not take proper care of himself.

What he needs is a custodian/guardian/caretaker.
Someone who can manage his household affairs, seeing to it that there's food at regular intervals, that he sleeps properly, bathes, has clean clothes, that the utilities are taken care of, the taxes paid...
It's a staff position.
And, if done properly, documenting his social anxiety issues and what happens if left on his own, it might even be a legit business or medical expense.

"When was the last time you ate?"
"...Yesterday...I think?"
As Hiroto pointed out, that's not good at all.

1) He survived the invasion.
2) He actually saw some good things about it.

Remembering his mother and the tea set...
She would be so happy that he actually used it for what she intended it for.

The elder of Hiroto's siblings.
She's much quieter than the rest of the family.
I think... Subaru found her less threatening in some ways.
There are interests in common.
Further contact with her might also help him get better at dealing with people.

The take-out people being the family who had been feeding Haru, who indirectly led to her being named Haru, that was a good thing. They now know that Haru is OK; they hadn't seen her for a while, and had been worried.

I've been around a lot of pets over the years, visiting friends, and... I don't think that Haru making the connection between looking after her young siblings, and deciding at the last second not to claw the youngest girl because she was young was inconceivable. Critters are a lot smarter than many people give them credit for. It didn't kick me out of the story; I could accept it as being something that could happen.

Subaru giving more thought to an autograph session.
I didn't see that coming.
But, it did follow from his chain of thought as he drifted off to sleep.
Apr 7, 2019 8:57 PM

May 2012
Another great and funny episode, really loving the progress! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Apr 19, 2019 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
Mizora is too adorable, I hope I can see Hiroto's siblings again in the series.

Very cute and funny episode overall.
Aug 23, 2019 5:15 PM

Sep 2018
I like Hiroto <3 he's a good guy.. visitors can make the house lively but annoying at the same time.. I feel him haha the children is so cute! Kawase VA really sound like Zenitsu (yeah, same VA lol) whenever he say "Haru-chan~"!
Mar 5, 2020 6:50 AM

Oct 2012
Haru finally meet Haru!

Poor Sugita-inu, he just wants to join the fun :(
"Signature removed"
Mar 8, 2020 9:35 AM
Sep 2019
I am totally like Kawase-san, I cannot focus with a cat around!

This was another lovely episode, the kids were real kids, cute and not annoying (unless you are Subaru or Hari), and it is nice to know that Subaru is looked after his friend, asking him if he's eating enough.
Taro wanting to join in was adorable!!
Jun 8, 2021 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
Not one, not two, but three imoutos, aaaaahhhh, I can't resist that, this show attacks me where I can't defend myself at all.
Oct 17, 2021 3:41 AM

Nov 2013
Nagisa is such a waifu.
Nov 5, 2021 6:17 PM

May 2017
That nagisa was realy cute , blushing whole ep ! It seems i have a thing for black short haired girl that are shy 🤔

I remember there was a girl in the university , she had same hair , same face , she was blushing a lot , she was always smiling and always posing the same way
But later she got big , she was wearing ugly things , she wasnt smiling anymore....time is realy not fun 😓

It like haru said , always be carefull , you never know when something bad might come
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 19, 2023 8:49 AM
Jun 2020
This episode gave me a migraine... 
hahahaha, I could feel Subaru's energy depleting along my own. 

How I wish my migraine would go away as easy as how Subaru gets his energy back from a long sleep and a snuggle with a cat.

Cute(Somewhat) episode, love Haru's snoring
Jul 19, 2023 9:29 AM
May 2023
I really like the anime so far but what I like the most is the healing part. It‘s always nice to see a healing character.
Mar 8, 3:33 AM

May 2020
The house just got lively more than usual. Hiroto brought his siblings, that’s a huge family. Subaru and Haru had a tough time. Speaking of which, Haru met Haru 😹.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

92 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 9, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

36 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

34 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

37 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

29 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.