Forum Settings
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Movie: Orion no Ya Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 14, 2019 5:34 AM
Jan 2018
Zefyris said:
This movie seems really confused about what happens when a god get heavily wounded by a weapon.
That beam of light reaching the sky means that Artemis didn't die but went back to the God's realm just like any other God heavily wounded. If she really died, there would be no such a beam, since that's literally the Goddess going back.
And that's logical since Bell hits her with Hestia knife rather than that so called "arrow that can kill a god" which didn't even scratch her.

So as far as we know there's no reincarnation or whatever, Artemis is simply "out of the game" in the mortal realms and will not come back here.
So the whole fuss from Hestia and the like is out of place, although having Bell do it is quite ridiculous. Usually mortals will never send back a god to heaven, as they would get tremendously cursed. Maybe because Artemis is willing for it it's fine on that point? dunno, but that feels quite... outside of the danmachi verse narrated that way.

Also, you've got a monster that can parasite a god and use its power (which is perfectly in verse btw from what I know) why the hell are you bringing with you Hestia and Hermes to face the monster? they're weaker than level 1 fighters so they're nothing but handicap for the group, and give the risk of another parasitic phenomenon happening.
In fact, Hestia should have never been allowed by Uranos to get outside of Orario together with Bell, that's against the rules (Hermes is exempted, but there's no reason to exempt Hestia from it in the current situation).

btw there's no way that tamed monsters behave that nicely without any tamers around to keep them in check.

One thing I really liked (outside of the music that was pretty lit all along) was the whole idea of a gigantic moon-like spell in the shape of a bow up in the sky for Artemis's power. That was really cool.
Visual were good, animation was satisfying, but that's kind of to be expected from a movie.

It's not Cannon anway as was said that the movie will have alot of inconsistencys with the main series
Jul 14, 2019 5:40 AM
Jan 2018
Goukenslay said:
is this movie even canon?
Goukenslay said:
Goukenslay said:

Nope its completely original
Jul 14, 2019 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
Mattinator95 said:
Zefyris said:
This movie seems really confused about what happens when a god get heavily wounded by a weapon.
That beam of light reaching the sky means that Artemis didn't die but went back to the God's realm just like any other God heavily wounded. If she really died, there would be no such a beam, since that's literally the Goddess going back.
And that's logical since Bell hits her with Hestia knife rather than that so called "arrow that can kill a god" which didn't even scratch her.

So as far as we know there's no reincarnation or whatever, Artemis is simply "out of the game" in the mortal realms and will not come back here.
So the whole fuss from Hestia and the like is out of place, although having Bell do it is quite ridiculous. Usually mortals will never send back a god to heaven, as they would get tremendously cursed. Maybe because Artemis is willing for it it's fine on that point? dunno, but that feels quite... outside of the danmachi verse narrated that way.

Also, you've got a monster that can parasite a god and use its power (which is perfectly in verse btw from what I know) why the hell are you bringing with you Hestia and Hermes to face the monster? they're weaker than level 1 fighters so they're nothing but handicap for the group, and give the risk of another parasitic phenomenon happening.
In fact, Hestia should have never been allowed by Uranos to get outside of Orario together with Bell, that's against the rules (Hermes is exempted, but there's no reason to exempt Hestia from it in the current situation).

btw there's no way that tamed monsters behave that nicely without any tamers around to keep them in check.

One thing I really liked (outside of the music that was pretty lit all along) was the whole idea of a gigantic moon-like spell in the shape of a bow up in the sky for Artemis's power. That was really cool.
Visual were good, animation was satisfying, but that's kind of to be expected from a movie.

It's not Cannon anway as was said that the movie will have alot of inconsistencys with the main series

Being not cannon and being inconsistent with the rest of the verse aren't the same thing you know.
Jul 14, 2019 1:43 PM

Sep 2013
Does anyone knows if the ending song was used on another anime? I can't shake the idea that I have heard it before but can't point where.

Edit: Forget it, I'm dumb, just realized I heard it on the mobile game.
OriharaShinraJul 14, 2019 2:48 PM
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Jul 15, 2019 3:54 AM

Jan 2016
The movie wasn't bad actually, it was worth the watch. But my biggest problem with it and many anime movies are that they always seem to introduce a new character that is only meant to die at the end because the movie isn't canon.

I personally believe that they could've kept Artemis as an anime original character because I liked her that much. But at the end of the day, the movie failed to invoke that sad feeling in me because I always saw her dying at the end. It also felt like Bell was a bit too naive at the end trying to take on a monster like that on his own because he thought that he could save her.

Positives then, Hermes as always. Artemis was an intriguing character that I came to like. The monsters were cool looking and the animation was good with consistent art throughout the movie.
Also, that dance scene was amazing, the one part of the movie that had me going: wow

6/10, not bad but it's too similar to every other anime movie of a bigger franchise
Jul 16, 2019 8:11 AM
Nov 2018
Well... As expected, it was great... I dropped some tears as well 😅
Jul 21, 2019 2:00 AM
Mar 2017
masnatra said:
kapan di rilis di indonesia
lihat aja di anoboy
Jul 23, 2019 8:34 PM

Dec 2014
Saw it at my local theater today.

Honestly, it was alright. Nothing to write home about. The plot was kinda tacked on, fairly predictable too. Animation was good but I've seen movies with far better, direction was decent, could've been better but passable I guess.

Character interactions were nice and kinda the only thing that the movie had going for it.

Greatest thing about the movie is Sakamoto Maaya and Artemis's design. I love her design and now I'm disappointed because she's not canon and I don't know if she'll actually make an appearance in the main show or at least in the form that was shown here. I liked her character and interaction with Hestia too.

My favorite scene in the movie was Hermes riling up the guys to travel into the holy land of the maidens. That was a damn good speech. XD

6/10
Jul 25, 2019 6:24 PM

Aug 2015
I bought my ticket at half price and still I felt the need to get my money back. This movie is what I imagine when you have to obfuscate the fact that you have a barebones story and need to stretch it out to 90 minutes with great undeserved amounts of fanservice and exposition.

3.5/10
Jul 28, 2019 1:16 PM

Aug 2016
This movie left me kinda heartbroken and hyped on season 2 all along. It's filler and anime original, not sure how to feel about that, and I hate that freaking screenwriter plothole/armor... like... damn, they managed to make Artemis best girl here, let fell us in love with her and even promise a 10 000 years romance between her and Bell... but not in this life... not in this anime, not in this novel series.... just left it up to our imagination, to take her time to reincarnate, maybe hundred, maybe ten thousands years, she has to find Bell's next life and manage to fall in love with him again... it's such beautiful and tormenting idea, or I am just little weak in my heart. Let dreams be a dreams.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2019 4:09 PM
Apr 2016
i still don t get why it had to be bell to throw the spear, like everyone around him could have done it better especially Hestia who has special bonds with Artemis.

And that was the key element of the story...
Aug 12, 2019 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good movie with nice bittersweet ending, I really enjoyed it. The dance in the lake was awesome and whole serious atmosphere was nice change of pace compared to the series. I liked it.

Have to say the scene where he didn't stop his knife and killed her was very strong yet also strange. The part of me still think they might emphasize the fact that by destroying her remaining power he is releasing her free from this world completely. And they also could have explained it better that what remained inside Antares' body was only her essence, not her soul.. as it looked like there is really another her inside and it felt bad that he didn't even tried to remove her from the shell and save her after Antares was defeated (while that was really not an option).

But all in all it was nice tale of the invebility and the destiny. Even though they might foreshadowed the ending bit too much throughout all the movie. And this movie basically overwrote all past and future destinies of Bell as he is now bound to become soulmate of Artemis (which is probably not canon). Still, it was great watch.

7.5/10
Aug 18, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
Can't get enough of Sakamoto, she was perfect for Artemis' role.

Efficient directing, shame the people that keep deprecating JC Staff will never watch this movie.

Also really liked everyone's travel clothes, wish that was the basis of season 2 character design.
Sep 17, 2019 3:53 PM

May 2012
Really awesome movie and now I'm even more looking forward to seeing the second season! Really bittersweet ending if you ask me!
Sep 24, 2019 12:11 AM

Jul 2016
Overall, it was a quite underwhelming movie. Though after giving the first season a 3/10, I wasn't expecting something "good" here neither.

The plot was absolutely predictable and with no impact at all. Bell remained as dense and insufferable as always and Hestia was mostly the same, seeing her acting all jealous and clingy for comedic purposes during half the movie was really annoying to see.
The harem comedy really gets on my nerves, by the way. Easily, of my biggest complaints against this anime.

Regarding Artemis, I don't have much to say about her character besides it being completely one-dimensional and poorly written. Not to mention also that the bond they tried to create between her and Bell felt really rushed and the idea of having her falling in love with him in the end was simply terrible.

4/10 - Now, let's see what season 2 can offer... oh, dear...
Sep 25, 2019 2:21 AM

Apr 2009
That one giant magical spell visible from the sky was awesome, it reminds me so much of Crescentia, the crecent shaped space port/station in orbit above Montressor in Treasure Planet.

The ghost of a goddess, huh? @_@

The rest where just meh. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 26, 2019 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
Just another non canon movie when there is a new character but then never shows up again in canon and a bunch of cliches. Nothing to see here folks.
Daniel_DreibergSep 26, 2019 2:08 PM

Sep 28, 2019 3:05 PM

Mar 2015
I was really disappointed. This movie was super underwhelming.
Oct 1, 2019 1:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Meh, a whole lot of drama for something that will have no greater bearing on the overall story line.

That said,I really liked Artemis, both her character design and personality. I wish she was Bell's goddess instead of Hestia. I'm tired of Hestia's voice and childishness, specially every time she has to stick her head in the middle whenever Bell is trying to have a conversation with another woman. It's grown old to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 10, 2019 10:40 AM

Apr 2017
Farabeuf said:
Meh, a whole lot of drama for something that will have no greater bearing on the overall story line.

That said,I really liked Artemis, both her character design and personality. I wish she was Bell's goddess instead of Hestia. I'm tired of Hestia's voice and childishness, specially every time she has to stick her head in the middle whenever Bell is trying to have a conversation with another woman. It's grown old to be honest.

Lol I actually ship Bell with Artemis over all the other girls. Plot aside, it's amazing to me they made the chemistry the most romantic between Bell and Artemis out of all the girls who've had waaaaaaaaaaaay more screen time.

On another note, in actual greek mythology, Artemis's bow was thought to be the crescent moon in the night sky, just a fyi in case anyone amazed with Arcanum thought it was an anime original idea...
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Nov 6, 2019 4:23 AM

May 2014
Wow, I had no idea this movie was a thing. Thanks for that one MAL, guess that had no notification. Happened to spot it in the wild, though, so better late than never and before I start watching S2.

Definitely an enjoyable movie, if not a bit predictable. At the very least I enjoyed it more than I did Sword Oratoria.

Nice little side story back with a little more focus on the main crew and of course Artemis who was definitely a sweet character, very cute and soft spoken.

8/10 for me, glad I could enjoy it.
Nov 20, 2019 8:00 AM

Dec 2008
SOmebody call Sigourney Weaver, theres ALIENS/BUGS afoot! lol
Bell Cranel needs to seriously grow up and grow a pair ffs...anyways, at least this special shows that monsters do in fact live outsife Orario...but Orario is also the name of a god or goddess too? pfft weird. Hopefully season 2 brings a bit more to the table. I doubt it will go into more gods than necessary though. It is a shounen show after all. lol
Dec 8, 2019 9:16 PM

Feb 2015
Danmachi’s movie, it felt empty, like an artificial villain created to satisfy the movie requirements. It was good to watch everyone again, its just that this didn’t feel that important, and for what I know, there’s nothing relevant, except by the introduction and existence of a goddess named Artemis. The movie was kind of generic, so I hope it doesn’t get too much relevance through the show. Not really entertaining and not relevant.
Dec 15, 2019 9:30 PM

Nov 2019
This was alright 7/10
Dec 22, 2019 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
Why do anime movies always introduce a cool new character only for her to die at the end?

Anyway I enjoyed the movie. Don't think you can see it as Bell killing a god, she was already dead because of the bug. I wonder if we'll see her again at any point though?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Dec 23, 2019 11:31 AM

Sep 2019
Danmachi storys always makes wanna kill my enjoyment and this time i was surprised for one's they did something which is not shit hole. I mean it's still dick story but it wasn't as bad as the second season.

And those who thought it was a emotional movie please don't watch Clannad because if this dick movie is emotional to you I don't know how your gonna react to Clannad.

The best Dialogue in the movie is obviously from bell:

my grandma said girls should be protected.

Someone please teach him that girls ain't soft as you think they are so don't disrespect them by saying these rubbish you piece of shit.

4/10.
Dec 26, 2019 7:36 AM

Nov 2014
I love the story, but I hate the way they did it.

She was so powerful that create powerful arrow in jail... someone will use it to kill her to be free.
Feb 24, 2020 2:12 PM

May 2017
When artemis said her member were waiting her , i knew she was gona die , that the spear was to kill her , still i tought bell would find a way , but i guess for this girl it was to late , she was already dead

Still a post ending artemis fanservice part with hikikomori hestia would have been funny XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Feb 27, 2020 6:44 PM
Aug 2014
The one time Bell is faced with the reality that you can't save everyone; it isn't canon.
Jul 16, 2020 10:59 AM
Jul 2014
This really felt like a stretched out filler episode
Oct 2, 2020 7:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Once again, Bell kun became a hero, not only inside Orario. But, also outside the city too. He saved, er, a virgin goddess! Yeah, more lore in the god and goddess history. Now, its including the ancient monster and its fight agains Artemis Familia that ended up into a disaster. The rest of the story seemed to mess up a bit, everyone just tell what happened, so i don't to say the least. Somehow its just brought up some confussion, especially near the end. But, honestly, it still a decent movie with a standard simple plot story, on my personal liking. Afterall, this is a fine movie. So, for the movie standard, this is far better than i can anticipated. Was the end scenes satisfied me? To be honestly yes. Artemis back to the upper world, in happily ever after. At least she tried her best and the result was understandable. However, the way she might steal Bell for the sake of a true love just made me laugh. Ofc she won't had a chance. So, yeah, for the spin-off movie, its quite entertain me. A new girl always appreciated on my lists.

Story: 6
Art depts: 8
Sounds: 8
Characterization: 5
Enjoyment: 8 (+1 solid overall point as my satisfactory factor contribution, because Artemis just damn beautiful. I simply love her short time visual, especially toward the end, and when she dance with my damn boy.)
Overall ratings point: its 8/10.

Thats it for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 18, 2020 1:45 AM

Sep 2018
Always continuing in chronological order the events involving the characters of Bell and Hestia, now we arrive at this other animated adaptation. A sufficiently satisfying film. The narrative has been able to play well with the comedy that has always characterized this anime series, with more serious and functional moments to carry the plot forward. The vision was not boring, despite not being in front of a masterpiece. I don't know if it was intended or not, but the question of something wrong throughout the film was clear from the beginning of the characters' journey to solve the mystery. This film deserves for the fact that it gave a little space to the likeable character of Lefiya, completely ignored in the first season of "DanMachi", and for having revealed in an elusive way previously unreleased characters to the public. Excellent quality of drawings and animations, ditto for the backgrounds. The OST and the ending are catchy. Ermes and Welf are really funny as usual.

7.5/10
Dec 31, 2020 4:11 AM

Jun 2019
If the last season was at such a level, the dialogue is completely different.
lettuce<3
Jan 4, 2021 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
Well... I enjoyed the beginning, when it was all very slice-of-lifey. Then it ventured into the usual movie story with a seemingly overpowered angatonist and a movie-only character who has to sacrifice themselves for the victory. Overall it was alright.
Mar 25, 2021 12:40 PM
Mar 2016
Pretty standard for a filler movie in this genre. The concept was definitely interesting. None of it really made any sense though. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought gods were forbidden to leave the city. Sure this could have been an exception, but even then how did Artemis leave in the first place? Why was she fighting alongside her familia? How was she swallowed up? How is Bell more pure than others?

The action was mediocre, and the final fight was pretty lame. The giant monster could kill Bell instantly, but it just waits for him to fight. And then Bell gives up for a bit to just let his friends die, until Hestia tells him not to. And then he calmly walks up and kills the goddess without even trying to remove the gem.

The end fight alone took this right down to a 4.
Jun 5, 2022 11:51 PM

Dec 2016
One of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

Such an emotional ride.

Really felt it at the end there.
Jun 28, 2022 5:20 AM

Jan 2020
Bell's misplaced chivalry is already getting on my nerves. Especially since he's so weak. Don't go preaching tactics to characters stronger than yourself. Get more OP and then come back and say whatever you want. Until then I see no problem with Artemis being reckless if she wants. Man I hate Bell.

Also, I really hope they picked up the gems from the fallen monsters. I mentioned this before, in other threads, but it irks me when loot goes unlooted. Especially when characters aren't well off, every little bit counts. These RPG heroes don't know how to RPG. Pick up everything -> Sell it -> ??? -> Profit!

This spear grows more powerful the closer Artemis and Bell become. So if they have sex will its stats max out and it'll taken on its ultimate form? Sounds like my kind of weapon.

It's been okay so far, with the build up and leading up to the confrontation with Antares. But once we've started the major battles it actually felt like it slowed down for me. Ironically my favorite part of the first season was the fighting, but it was probably my least favorite part of this movie. Though, the plot was more interesting than anything that happened in season one imo.

Overall this was pretty good. It did, however, make me want to play an RPG. So I might be starting Tales of Arise sooner than later. Either way, next up is to binge season two and three in preparation for four's release here soon.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 28, 2022 10:56 AM

Jan 2019
A bit of a slow start but a very strong second half.

The bittersweet ending was very satisfying, glad they didn't go for the generic happy ending that I was expecting.

Also loved the new outfits the main cast got! Hope we see more of them.

Aug 31, 2022 1:10 AM

May 2021
damn, i really want to see artemis again...
Sep 28, 2022 4:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was a pretty damn good movie, I heard it wasn’t canon but I’m really glad me and my friend decided to watch this one before Season 2, I really enjoyed it. Artemis was definitely a waifu, loved her design and her little friendship with Hestia, I also would have liked to see more of her before she changed lol. It’s a shame she had to die for Antares to be defeated, but I guess it was the only way from the looks of it. I know we as viewers didn’t have much of a connection with her but I did find that final bit between her and Bell very emotional, we had the whole movie to get to know her and I’m pretty sad she won’t be joining us in the main show, maybe the LN author will bring her into the LN at some point and possibly reference the events of the movie, making it canon and maybe giving Artemis her 10,000 years of love. That’s all wishful thinking tho lol.

But yeah this was a really fun movie, I won’t turn down more DanMachi that’s for sure, this was also a nice return to the main cast after watching Sword Oratoria, and the fact this was the first return to them since Spring 2015 back in Winter 2019 must’ve been awesome to see to people who watched this when it was new, I have good memories of that anime season but I was sadly not into DanMachi at the time lol, but I am now and this was definitely a great watch. Onto Season 2!
Oct 13, 2022 8:09 AM
Jun 2019
best ffilm, best anime ;)
Jan 2, 2023 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
Dat stab.
Damn. They dead.
Hephaestus looking good.
Redemption.
Hestia wakes up. Dat oppai.
Lili and Welf.
Dat festival.
Hermes.
Dat spear.

This movie wasn't needed. It was just there. I haven't watched DanMachi since Sword Oratoria in 2017 so I used this to get reaccustomed before starting Season 2. I do appreciate the Hestia oppai jiggle and pantsu. Hephaestus fine self needed more screen time. Lili looked fine as ever.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 25, 2023 4:09 PM

Nov 2010
Artemis is so hot & sexy! She has yummy armpits too! Very lovely view whenever she fights!
1:13:41 10k years of godly nonstop sex with Artemis? I would love that!
The ED sounds nice!
The animation is really good! However, the story is average at best. 7/10
Mar 21, 2023 4:44 AM

Feb 2022
They will met again after 10,000 years
Apr 5, 2023 7:13 PM
Apr 2023
it was great movie
Aug 23, 2023 7:54 PM
Nov 2022
pretty good music and story telling from part of the studio
Aug 30, 2023 9:46 PM

Nov 2013
Yes, generic is a word. Whole movie is generic and forgettable.
Least they could do is make Artemis ingteresting. And she is not! She is incredibly boring, has little to no personality and you guessed it generic-looking.
The whole experience was like a chore. I finished this in four sittings, THAT boring it was.
The ending was kinda ok, but, again, i don't care about this girl. Neither should main dude care about her so much.
I mean you knew her like 10 days. What about your everlasting love to Aiz? Why you totally forgot about Hestia, your closest person in the whole world? The movie just sucks.
GvendolineSep 1, 2023 12:04 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» When can I watch this movie

RimuruTari - Jun 21, 2022

5 by magnumblade »»
Jun 21, 2022 9:59 AM

» Will artemis be shown in S4

Animelover12571 - Feb 25, 2021

4 by IsekaiNekko »»
May 19, 2021 6:15 AM

» Question about Artemis [HEAVY SPOILER]

red1130 - May 25, 2019

4 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Nov 20, 2019 8:02 AM

» Where in the story does this take place?

Steph - Jul 6, 2019

4 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Nov 20, 2019 7:59 AM

» i just wanna know the song name or the singer name when artemis dance with bell

OkamiRenki - Jul 7, 2019

5 by OkamiRenki »»
Aug 19, 2019 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.