Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Emma looks really shaken up after returning. Can't blame her after what she saw. I like how they managed to capture how she felt.

Between the two, I find Norman to be more mature and intelligent. Good amount of character chemistry between him and Emma. I feel like the two have a decent amount of trust between each other. The Ray/Emma moments were amusing. Emma still acts like a kid her age :p

Really love how they capture the atmosphere of the settings again. I think the studio and producers did a great job at that.

Edit: fixed gender.
Stark700Jan 17, 2019 9:15 AM
Jan 17, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Emma looks really shaken up after returning. Can't blame him after what he saw. I like how they managed to capture how he felt.

Between the two, I find Norman to be more mature and intelligent. Good amount of character chemistry between him and Emma. I feel like the two have a decent amount of trust between each other. The Ray/Emma moments were amusing. Emma still acts like a kid his age :p

Really love how they capture the atmosphere of the settings again. I think the studio and producers did a great job at that.
But Emma is a girl?
Jan 17, 2019 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
badger2k said:
But Emma is a girl?

My bad, fixed it lol.

Stark700Jan 17, 2019 9:20 AM
Jan 17, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2016
The displayed mind games are thrilling and pretty much what made this series so great for me.

And wow, we get to see Sister Krone already.

Haven't checked yet, but I kinda had the feeling that some stuff was skipped again and that they adapted at least 3-4 chapters.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2016
Stark700 said:
badger2k said:
But Emma is a girl?

My bad, fixed it lol.

Anyways, I think they're giving this show a decent pacing so far.
Hehe it's all good. Glad to know btw cause I'm still waiting for this episode. Quite hyped for this show!
Jan 17, 2019 9:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FMmatron said:
The displayed mind games are thrilling and pretty much what made this series so great for me.

Haven't checked yet, but I kinda had the feeling that some stuff was skipped again and that they adapted at least 3-4 chapters.
Woah......Unless they're changing things up a bit, I'm pretty sure Krone isn't supposed to show up this early on
Jan 17, 2019 9:35 AM

Jun 2016
Tokoya said:
FMmatron said:

Woah......Unless they're changing things up a bit, I'm pretty sure Krone isn't supposed to show up this early on

They are adapting 37 chapters this season(12 eps), and episode 1 only adapted the first one(even though its bigger) so they HAVE to adapt at least 3 or more chapters per episode.. this time they stopped at the end of chapter 4-5 (?)
I'm a little worried about this because just like the person said, they're gonna cut a lot of moments and inner monologues for sure.
Jan 17, 2019 9:48 AM

Nov 2016
@Tokoya @AyumiVk

Yes. I just checked it and chapter 5 was adapated. Too bad that they left out some scenes, dialogues, inner monologues and some cool stylistic devices. Nothing really essential for the story, but they would've pushed the performance several notches up. Considering that this one cour it's understandable, tho and I still gotta give props to the staff for the amazing production.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2019 10:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Some stuff was cut, but it's acceptable. Only 12 episodes to cover 37 chapters, so it's best to cut out monologues now, then to do it for the climax of the arc. If they adapt 4 chapters in two more episodes, then the series can maintain a consistent and proper pacing of 3 chapters per episode. The directing in the episode is still solid.
Jan 17, 2019 10:05 AM
Sep 2016
How many chapter they are skipped?
Jan 17, 2019 10:14 AM
Sep 2018
A great episode. The anime is not really disappointing. I really liked how they left the heaviest weather, put some more details to improve the original, and it worked. Clover Works is doing an exceptional job.

In this episode we saw a pre-planning for their escape. I also noticed that Ray seemed to know about the secrets of the house. If true, it will be of great help (hehehe). It also had the entrance of a new character (a sister). Mama is acting fast, she is very intelligent and does not waste time. Now with that the difficulty of the escape has increased, we will see what will happen.
(Note: I noticed, too, that they removed some thoughts from the protagonists.) I did not like it very much, but that's okay.)

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler tag. It does happen in the episode, no need for it.
DeadlyRavenJan 17, 2019 6:54 PM
Jan 17, 2019 10:14 AM

Dec 2017
i assume they're gonna build up the suspense for quite a while, huh? shit's not going down any soon?
and the author really makes it easy to dislike the mom character with her always grinning face

also, don't see why Ray is most favorite out of the 3 so far. guess he'll display some good abilities later on?
Jan 17, 2019 10:19 AM
May 2018
As a manga reader, I have mixed feelings about this episode. I love the production and direction, but some parts felt a bit rushed. Especially the part where Sister Krone was introduced. They sorta just brought her into the story, whereas it was built up slowly in the manga and overall gave it a lot more weight she was brought in.

I just hope they slow down the pacing for the coming episodes, the careful planning and slow build up of tension was really what made the manga shine. For now though, this episode gets a 4/5 from me.
Jan 17, 2019 10:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I was on guard the whole time during the scene in the corridor, yes o_o
Jan 17, 2019 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
Yep they totally skipped a lot of manga scenes.. it's a shame. The lack of bgm also kinda bugged me but i didnt dislike it.

uninstallthegame said:
i assume they're gonna build up the suspense for quite a while, huh? shit's not going down any soon?
and the author really makes it easy to dislike the mom character with her always grinning face

also, don't see why Ray is most favorite out of the 3 so far. guess he'll display some good abilities later on?

Norman was actually the most favourited character for a long time a while back, but i think the anime hype + a thing im not supposed to say are the main reasons Ray is at the top now lmao. That's bound to change again when the season finishes airing, idk.
Jan 17, 2019 10:28 AM

Jan 2019
I didn't prepare myself enough for Krone to arrive. Oh boy.

Again, liked this episode. The pacing is decent so far, so good signs. They did skip some stuff, but understandable. Emma's reactions in the morning (surrounded by the kids at the start of the episode) was great. Music is awesome as well.

Can't wait for the episodes with the addition of Sister Krone, haha.
Jan 17, 2019 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
AyumiVk said:
Yep they totally skipped a lot of manga scenes.. it's a shame. The lack of bgm also kinda bugged me but i didnt dislike it.

uninstallthegame said:

Norman was actually the most favourited character for a long time a while back, but i think the anime hype + a thing im not supposed to say are the main reasons Ray is at the top now lmao. That's bound to change again when the season finishes airing, idk.
is the read worth it? I'm enjoying the anime~
solid episode
Jan 17, 2019 10:37 AM

Feb 2013
That OST at the end of the episode was so good!! Man I'm really loving this. While reading the manga Emma was always my favorite character but I really love Norman in the anime.
Jan 17, 2019 10:45 AM

Feb 2017
These three are pretty brave kids. Mom is one scary enemy. The corridor scene had me scared and restless.

I love Emma's way of trying to save everyone, even it if the odds are next to impossible. Conny's death was some messed up stuff and I do hope another child doesn't have to be another meal again.

Mom being your caretaker to her serving you as lunch is one messed up fate for these kids.

The arrival of another Sister Krone just makes me more anxious to see how will they survive and escape within the next two months.
Jan 17, 2019 10:46 AM

Mar 2015
So that "clock" Mama has is a GPS. I think that probably not all escape, as those desires to save all almost never achieve, I believe. Now wait to see how Sister Krone will complicate their plans.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jan 17, 2019 10:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Wasn't expecting Krone until next episode but I guess it makes sense if you take the chapter/episode ratio into account (37 chapters in 12 eps means about 3 per ep on average)
Jan 17, 2019 10:50 AM

Dec 2017
Sergio_26 said:
So that "clock" Mama has is a GPS..

i also kinda wondered how the fuck shut-in kids know about GPS, tracking devices and shit. are they being taught that in school or something? seems strange
Jan 17, 2019 10:51 AM
Mar 2015
haoody said:
I really liked this episode, but Krone's introduction really was a bit rushed. Like the first one, the ost that played near the end was 10/10.
AyumiVk said:

What scenes did they skip? I only remember the ones they had to clean the house, but I don't care about them, neither think that they are really important to be in the episode. The lack of bgm, for me, is perfect, i loved that. This really makes the suspense more interesting

Jan 17, 2019 10:52 AM

Jun 2016
imBones said:
solid episode

Im gonna be honest with you. Some people agree and others disagree with what im about to say, so take it with a grain of salt.
I only really liked the first arc that is what this season is going to adapt (up to chapter 37), and almost everything that comes after is a let down mainly because of the story genre shifts and what not. If you really want to see it for yourself then read the manga since you can have a different opinion. You can read it now or after the anime finishes airing, that's completely up to you.
ayumiisJan 17, 2019 11:02 AM
Jan 17, 2019 10:54 AM

Jun 2016
haoody said:
I really liked this episode, but Krone's introduction really was a bit rushed. Like the first one, the ost that played near the end was 10/10.
AyumiVk said:

What scenes did they skip? I only remember the ones they had to clean the house, but I don't care about them, neither think that they are really important to be in the episode. The lack of bgm, for me, is perfect, i loved that. This really makes the suspense more interesting

If i am not wrong they skipped all of chapter 5, only showing the end of it (Krone showing up). They can move it for the next episode but they might not.
Jan 17, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
AyumiVk said:
imBones said:
solid episode

Im gonna be honest with you. Some people agree and others disagree with what im about to say, so dont take it with a grain of salt.
I only really liked the first arc that is what this season is going to adapt (up to chapter 37), and almost everything that comes after is a let down mainly because of the story genre shifts and what not. If you really want to see it for yourself then read the manga since you can have a different opinion. You can read it now or after the anime finishes airing, that's completely up to you.
hmm alright, thanks for the insight. I'll try the read after the anime is over~
Jan 17, 2019 10:56 AM

Feb 2017
Makes me wonder why Mom is even doing this, if she is human at all? It's one of the great things watching this show blind.
Jan 17, 2019 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
Bit rushed but that's inevitable considering it's one cour
uninstallthegame said:

He is the type of mysterious "cool" character, will have some of his moments soon.

imBones said:
solid episode

Would say just read the first arc(as they will skip some chapters) and drop it, considering the abysmal fall in quality after that.

haoody said:
G0th3M_D3STR0Y3R said:

Oh, that's a really important one.

That will be probably shown later on anyway considering how it's important for story.
Jan 17, 2019 11:05 AM

Jan 2017
I still can't get used to the character design, but other than that I like the direction the story took. Wasn't too sure about it after episode one, tbh I was kinda worried that the hype might have been too much again, but this episode mostly took those worries away.

I think Ray is thinking more realistically than Emma, everyone making it out is a wishful thinking, a very much shounen jump MC thinking imo, and I'm pretty sure it will bite them down the line.
Jan 17, 2019 11:07 AM

Dec 2017
haoody said:
uninstallthegame said:

i also kinda wondered how the fuck shut-in kids know about GPS, tracking devices and shit. are they being taught that in school or something? seems strange

They have a ton of books. And it will have a great importance in the plot

i mean, isn't that putting the caregivers at disadvantage? the less they know, the less is the possibility of them escaping, no? also, if they are chosen supposedly by the brain size, reading books won't make your brain grow bigger.. it can alter the brain tissue but that's not growth
Jan 17, 2019 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
This episode felt really slow all of a sudden. I felt like the quality really dropped after the first episode. Though, it's not so bad that it makes me want to drop it.

The characters have really tiny faces, even by manga standards. lol.

Mama is still my favourite character so far. Hope she is as scary as they're saying she is.
Jan 17, 2019 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
I know they only have 12 episodes, but this felt really rushed. I'm not really getting the mindgame feeling from the anime, because they skipped so much of the thought processes. Krone's introduction at the end of the episode also felt very forced
DeminusJan 17, 2019 11:13 AM
Jan 17, 2019 11:12 AM

Oct 2015
lol I actually love this kind of fast pacing. Yeah , they skip the manga part but I don't care with that. Next episode hype !!
Jan 17, 2019 11:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm glad I have not read the source since it seems all the novel readers are hating the adaptation.

Me, I'm enjoying this a lot. The scene in the corridor was terrifying. Mama is scary as heck
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 17, 2019 11:15 AM

Oct 2015
Farabeuf said:
I'm glad I have not read the source since it seems all the novel readers are hating the adaptation.

Me, I'm enjoying this a lot. The scene in the corridor was terrifying. Mama is scary as heck

nah I read the manga and I thing they still doing a perfect job handling it.

Aug 2016
As already stated the pacing picked up a little but still a very good adaption of the next few chapters.
Really liked the OST towards the end and I'm excited to see how they continue with this.
Not really worried about cutting scenes out as I am optimistic they'll manage to keep the important stuff in and the pacing felt pretty alright to me.

Dec 2009
uninstallthegame said:
haoody said:

They have a ton of books. And it will have a great importance in the plot

i mean, isn't that putting the caregivers at disadvantage? the less they know, the less is the possibility of them escaping, no? also, if they are chosen supposedly by the brain size, reading books won't make your brain grow bigger.. it can alter the brain tissue but that's not growth

It's not just brain size, it's intelligence. Hence the score sheet the demons were holding in ep 1. If that weren't the case, they could just keep them in cages for their whole lives until their brains were big.
Jan 17, 2019 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
I'm a manga reader and I dont care if the others are disliking aspects of this adaptation.

I really loved this episode and the buildup was great. The pacing wasn't that big of an issue to me since it still did its job effectively.

The main trio so far are really good. Excited to see more of what's to come.
Jan 17, 2019 11:16 AM
Aug 2018
FMmatron said:
@Tokoya @AyumiVk

Yes. I just checked it and chapter 5 was adapated. Too bad that they left out some scenes, dialogues, inner monologues and some cool stylistic devices. Nothing really essential for the story, but they would've pushed the performance several notches up. Considering that this one cour it's understandable, tho and I still gotta give props to the staff for the amazing production.

We can hope for it to become the next "MHA story" considering its popularity and quality.
Jan 17, 2019 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
Forgot to say this last week but the OP makes it seem like I'm watching an action anime lol. I still like the song though.

I can't say yet whether or not I like this as an adaptation, since I still haven't gotten back into the manga, but I did like this episode. The suspense is good, and now there's another potential roadblock in the escape plan in the form of another Sister.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 17, 2019 11:22 AM
Jan 2018
They may of skipped a few chapters but they weren't that necessary to the story. Don't worry guys I'm sure they won't do a tokyo ghoul on us!! (I hope)
Jan 17, 2019 11:25 AM

Dec 2009
Farabeuf said:

The source is a manga. I've been a reader for a while and this adaptation is exceeding my expectations. The expressions and background music makes a lot of difference. It's a little less cerebral than than the manga so far, but there's a lot of opportunities to focus on that moving forward now that they've established the characters and setting.
Jan 17, 2019 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
Jesus Christ they are going at the speed of light. Sister Krone should have appeared at least at episode 4. A lot of things felt rushed (specially the way Norman and Emma finds out about the tracker)

To be expected of a 12 episodes anime tho. Please Cloverworks...

uninstallthegame said:

He will have his moments, he's as good as Norman is brain-wise.

Also
uninstallthegame said:

i mean, isn't that putting the caregivers at disadvantage? the less they know, the less is the possibility of them escaping, no?

Yes it is kinda risky for these "demons" to get meals from the farm. But take in mind what Ray said on this episode about not knowing what's outside the farm. There's more to it that hasn't been show yet, sooner or later you'll know the truth
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 17, 2019 11:26 AM
Mar 2015
The manga left you on the edge of your seat due to the fear factor. The anime has heightened that feeling
Jan 17, 2019 11:27 AM
Nov 2015
So I read through the manga, and the only thing they've really skipped is Manga spoilers
and that the Norman has theorised that the transmitter doesn't show who specifically is where, just the placement of the kids. Basically, Mama knows that two kids were out at the gate at the time, but doesn't know who they are. There's some more stuff about the book that Ray gave to Emma, saying that it was published in 2015, but I think that'll be covered next episode.

Krone may be a little bit rushed in, but I figured they'd do that because they'd want to end the episode on the cliffhanger. The necessary stuff from chapter 5 (which has the most missing content from this episode) is probably going to be in the next. Stuff missed from chapter 5:

The only other thing really that seems to have been skipped is some inner monologues, which are pretty good for character development but not necessary. Basically: Emma and Norman being horrified about how their mother can act so normal, and unable to reconcile the fact that someone who was so kind to them, who they genuinely believed loved them would let them die.

Only thing I'm sad about is that the cool chess scene hasn't been adapted bc of Krone's intro.
Jan 17, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2017
Loving this anime! The suspense is real. The facial expression and the character acting is ON point! I love it, and the music at the end, sweeeet. Looks like Mom got herself some help to watch over the kids and her name is Krone she looks creepy as fuck.

I never considered the possibility that the outside world is a demon world without other humans. Very interesting. Mama scared the f out of me when she was gazing at Emma in the hallway.

Great episode
Jan 17, 2019 11:28 AM

Dec 2016
I was freaked out the moment Mama appeared beside Emma with those dangerous eyes o_o" and a GPS inside those kids?? She's a freaking witch!
I am wondering how they'll escape knowing mama will track them easily with that "watch"... not good...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 17, 2019 11:29 AM

Aug 2017
Love the soundtrack, love the directing, love the art, love the characters, love the story. This might very well become one of my top 10 anime of all time!
Jan 17, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
landofthekwt said:
The manga left you on the edge of your seat due to the fear factor. The anime has heightened that feeling

I totally agree, it's fantastic. I love how the animators have been pulling out the stops for the horrified facial expressions and the music choice is so so fitting.
Jan 17, 2019 11:34 AM

May 2018
Emma better get a grip on herself if she wants to live, so about this sister Krone is she bad news or good news......

Ya know if you're gonna escape a prison like that you'd be better off stealing a truck and load em up them kids and drive away with it at the same time use it to ram those demon in to road kill.

So Emma was too insistence to take everyone else but Ray is more pragmatic , which is good besides they can always come back to get some payback for what Mama did to those poor little souls.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.