Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2018 3:39 PM
Oct 2018
Antanaru said:
Well, they are not planning to ever make a sequel with a clusterfuck of writing like that, that's for sure. There was no reason to change the order of the events (on the contrary since some things don't and won't make much sense) but filler, dumb hero cut ins and mixing in bits from the future parts make it even worse when they skip actual good stuff for that. This anime turned into shit after the first episode but at least it got me into good manga and decent LN, so I guess it still has more of a reason for existence than most botched adaptations...

-
but the arc they are gonna adapt now it's fit for a perfect sseason ending.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 8, 2018 3:56 PM

Jan 2016
So they decide to switch the order of the arc, but well it works so I think it's fine. This episode is just a chill and relaxing episode but is still an important episode for the next one.

Hopefully they make a good adaptation for the last arc.
Dec 8, 2018 3:59 PM

May 2018
Manaarii_0 said:
kofmaster said:

:v.............

What have you done?!? You have combined two "dense" MC! Guess now GS will kill goblins by cooking...

He kinda did with the flour thing
Dec 8, 2018 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Cowgirl just raised a death flag in this episode.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 8, 2018 4:11 PM

Nov 2011
Yo it is about to pop off! The episode was good overall.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 8, 2018 4:16 PM
Oct 2018
Have a bad feeling about the next episode. Maybe some death flags?
Dec 8, 2018 4:33 PM

Sep 2017
Really enjoyed this episode, just drank some coffee and chilled out.

But oooooh booii, When he saw all those footprints ಠ_ಠ
Last few episodes are gonna get very interesting.
Dec 8, 2018 4:41 PM
Nov 2017
Now I get to see some characters I almost forgot they existed
And that loli princess made it a lot more interesting
Dec 8, 2018 4:56 PM

Mar 2016
I mean.... i liked the episode but the previous and this one was a lot of slice of life genre into it which... it doesnt fit. But as a slice of life fun i dont really have a problem! I'm curious about the next episode .... the ending showed a lot of goblin footsteps in the yard interesting !!!

Dec 8, 2018 4:59 PM
Sep 2018
Tentaman said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Fairly laid back episode but it was real nice to watch.

Finally got more Guild Girl screentime. <3

Loved that drinking contest between Elf and the Dwarf. Need more drunk Elf. <3

Wait, what was that at the end? Goblin footprints? Is this gonna be that arc everyone mentioned they originally skipped or is this actually the next arc after the Sword Maiden one according to the manga.
Yup, its definately the Farm Battle arc! Can’t wait to see it and I’m hyped!

The battle's probably gonna be stretched out for 2 whole episodes like usual in most single cour anime. which occurs after the slice of life episode such as this.
Dec 8, 2018 5:01 PM

Mar 2018
I wonder if I was super high when i watched the last episodes cause i have no idea who this hero is ?!
Relaxing episode, there is something comfy about that classic rpg setting.
Dec 8, 2018 5:05 PM
Sep 2018
LaughingCoffinx said:

to be honest today's 2 shows seems to have swapped. SAO-Alicization was all rape and gore for plot exposition with a plot twist in the episode, while GS was: hey let's have a slice of life episode but let's end it with a bunch of death flags
Dec 8, 2018 5:07 PM

Aug 2018
Once again White Fox doing a really good job for slice of life moments like they did in episode 8 (the duel between who's can handle the most wine between HEA and Dwarf was quite funny). But they fail so horribly at adapting dark and dramatic moments of Goblin Slayer.

I know it's adapting the Light Novel and not the manga but when you see how the shot are composed they clearly use the manga as a storyboard, no one can deny it.

But please ! Tell me what was the point between showing naked Cow girl washing herself and not

It's not that much of a problem but still without those kind important scenes the episode feels empty and makes no progress in the story, you just see goblins footsteps so it could be any random attack like they were before, it's not the first time he fought hordes of goblins.

Anyway it was still enjoyable, 3,5/5
Dec 8, 2018 5:39 PM

Feb 2016
Among one of the (if not the) dullest episode so far.

Funny, Filling characters are way more appealing than the main cast. Goblin Slayer is sure a very unique anime XD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 8, 2018 5:40 PM

Feb 2016
Only_Brad said:
landofthekwt said:
No goblins were killed in the making of this episode Wait till next week when the war comes home

Unfortunately, next week is a recap episode lmao. The real episode 11 is gonna air the 22th

Recap? really? a recap for what tho? lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 8, 2018 5:41 PM

May 2018
HereticHunter said:
Only_Brad said:

Unfortunately, next week is a recap episode lmao. The real episode 11 is gonna air the 22th

I dunno, they're probably did that because they want to air the last episode on the last week of this year.
Dec 8, 2018 5:55 PM
May 2017
Cow Girl raised a point I've been thinking about since around Ep. 2 - what happens when Goblin Slayer can longer slay goblins? shouldn't he be training people and educating them about the danger of goblins? also, seriously, since characters in this franchise are named for their profession/race, if Goblin Slayer stops slaying goblins, does he become Disgruntled Old Man?
Dec 8, 2018 6:21 PM
Mar 2018
HereticHunter said:
Only_Brad said:

Recaps are often use to stall the viewers while the team works on the episode. Makes me think that White Fox is going to go all out on the last 2 episodes so they’re using this recap to get more time.
Dec 8, 2018 6:23 PM

May 2015
"I couldn't become a hero, so I became an adventurer."

Lancer wants the Guildmarm...

There's only 10 platinum-ranked adventurers? Wow...it must be tough to obtain that title...

"Higher probability of crushing goblins in a party." Lol. And Goblin Slayer is making Cow Girl walk!

A calmer episode celebrating the defeat of the Demon Lord. But Goblin Slayer just found a whole bunch of footprints on the ground in the last scene...The goblin slaying will never end!
Dec 8, 2018 6:24 PM
Aug 2018
Only_Brad said:
Fate Stay Night Easter Egg

Only because she's correct doesn't mean she's right
Dec 8, 2018 6:36 PM

Dec 2015
I'm so tired of this poor adaptation, but at this point, I might as well stick till the end.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 8, 2018 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
Heh, I knew they were saving
It's totally fitting for a finale.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 5, 2020 8:37 PM

Dec 8, 2018 7:01 PM
Oct 2018
is not a masterpiece in any medium , but....the novel is better than the manga, and the manga is relally better than the anime
Dec 8, 2018 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
That ending omg...it gave me goosebumps. Can't wait to see the next episode!
It was obvious that this day would come sooner or later...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 8, 2018 7:10 PM

Oct 2017
So... the goblins are gonna attack the village once again. Will they actually rape that pink haired girl?
Dec 8, 2018 7:39 PM
Aug 2017
Goblin Slayer killed the goblins in sword maidens dreams.
Dec 8, 2018 7:50 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Elf loses the drinking contest from Dwarf-san and that scene was funny itself. xD

I'm having a bad premonition with what's to come after witnessing all those footprints at the end of the episode...
Dec 8, 2018 8:00 PM

Sep 2017
franzjpm said:
LaughingCoffinx said:

to be honest today's 2 shows seems to have swapped. SAO-Alicization was all rape and gore for plot exposition with a plot twist in the episode, while GS was: hey let's have a slice of life episode but let's end it with a bunch of death flags

Haha yeah they decided to switch places today.
Next time they probably gonna switch places again lol
Dec 8, 2018 8:07 PM

Mar 2014
drinking, chilling, hanging out with harems, dull dialogues. they should just end this anime in ep 10.
Dec 8, 2018 9:18 PM

Feb 2015
A group of heroes defeated the demon king. GS is in his way back to the town when he remembers when he and cow girl where kids and she went to the city; he had a sister and lived in a town/farm (don’t really know). GS’s day off, he checks the farm and go to the town with cow girl, he goes for his armor and watches other warriors training while she delivers some packages, GS encounters his party at the guild (receives sword maiden card) and is invited along cow girl to eat with them. Back in the farm he reads the card which says that the demon king has been defeated so there could be a sensation of peace, then he spent time with cow girl and the next day he does his routine check, he finds goblins footprints.

Relaxed episode, about fixing armors and chilling a bit, I mean, necessary for everyone. As GS said, demon king’s defeat doesn’t mean goblins will stop. I got a bit confused when cow girl started to think about the future, we don’t know her really well to empathize with her thoughts about the future, I don’t know her past or the kind of relation she has with GS. I know that she is very worried for him, but I don’t know why, I think it should be explained the importance of her in our main character’s life. Oh, yeah, the final scene is impressive, the mythic arc is going to start, please, don’t touch cow girl, thanks.
Dec 8, 2018 9:57 PM

Dec 2013
Only_Brad said:

Nah, just mistranslation by CR.
Have some Yen Press:

Dec 8, 2018 11:00 PM
Nov 2018
Good episode.

Antanaru said:
Well, they are not planning to ever make a sequel with a clusterfuck of writing like that, that's for sure. There was no reason to change the order of the events (on the contrary since some things don't and won't make much sense) but filler, dumb hero cut ins and mixing in bits from the future parts make it even worse when they skip actual good stuff for that. This anime turned into shit after the first episode but at least it got me into good manga and decent LN, so I guess it still has more of a reason for existence than most botched adaptations...
There was an excellent reason to change the order, farm battle is much better ending then anything from volume 2. They didn't miss any good stuff. "Some things won't make much sense" - there are no any inconsistencies, everything is fine.

They covered first two volumes very well, there are 8 of them now plus side story. Volume 3 events are not affected in any way. If they ever want to continue, nothing is stopping them, definitely not problems with writing. If anything, writing follows LNs too well, the whole Sword Maiden mess deserved to be fixed.

"Botched adaptation?" Huge rock you are living under seems to obstruct your view, this is the most popular anime of the season.
Dec 8, 2018 11:54 PM
Nov 2016
What is this fan service?!?! Omg it's one of the worst and most boring episodes with dull dialogue for me. Goblin Slayer anime is great in premise, but it's let me down by the second half. Down voted 7/10 for me. Next week is recap day until episode 1 to 10, so sadly that the real next episode (EP11) is until 22nd December in Hong Kong time 23:30 (UTC+8).

3/10 for me.
Bore55Dec 9, 2018 1:25 AM
Dec 8, 2018 11:59 PM

Jul 2016
Was way too bored...
Dec 9, 2018 12:10 AM

Aug 2008
@idontknowsarcasm Not really.
Also, dropping the line from the Water City "because I am Goblin Slayer" and leaving the faff afterwards for the credits roll would make for a perfect season ending.

@FreezePeach Look above and just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. Sure, with a dreary season like that and lack of actual fantasy shows (fucking isekai infestation), let alone something a bit darker or serious, GS anime looks pretty decent but if you look at it objectively, it's not a good show. Even worse when you check the manga and see how awesome it could be if someone competent got his hands on the production.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 9, 2018 12:20 AM

Oct 2017
Last minute character development of cowgirl where she meets all other characters? No, nothing bad will happen to her next week.
Dec 9, 2018 12:49 AM
Dec 2018
The episode may seem boring, but there are important points here:
1. first few minutes showing the hero trying to defeat the demon lord
2. next along the episode we see how people kind of celebrate the defeat of the demon lord. It's not explicit but kinda implied with how the adventurers taking a relaxing day, and having a party at night.
3. Important part here: assumption that the defeat of the demon lord means less monster, which equal to more safety.
4. Goblin slayer not agreeing with point 3, shown by the repeat of the scene of him examining the perimeter of the farm (the scene is repeated 3 times, which shows how he does not decrease his vigilance against goblin threat)
5. last scene, footprints around the farm. Means goblin slayer vigilance is correct and it paid off. and it also becomes the indicator for the next arc.

So, while overall the episode looks like a boring and filter episode, there are actually some pretty awesome things. I also haven't mentioned about GS and his relationship with other people shown in this episode (blacksmith, paladin girl, heavy swordman).
Dec 9, 2018 12:52 AM
Nov 2018
I like this episode. There're so many pretty girls around goblin slayer. And it's a good series to self-insert since goblin slayer face is never shown. Also that female knight look really beautiful. I am really looking forward to see her boobs.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Dec 9, 2018 1:07 AM

Feb 2014
Donnawan said:
Kirishiba said:
The hero reminds me of Yuuki from SAO.

Must be reincarnated into another world.

i though the same thing when i saw it!

Same here. I'm glad there are others who noticed the close similarity between the two. =)

This episode was very chill and relaxing, but at the same time, it was still enjoyable. Just seeing the casual conversations that Goblin Slayer and his group were having with his childhood friend and the guild lady at the feast was pretty nice.

And I can't forget the amusing alcohol battle between the Elf and the Dwarf. The Elf, bless her, was stubborn and valiant, but she just couldn't beat the Dwarf in the end. ^_^

However, going by the Cow Girl's unsettled monologue near the end of the episode, Goblin Slayer's usual checks on the farm meant that he knows that goblins have been around, going by the shape of their footsteps in the dirt. As such, this episode was the calm before the storm.

It looks like the arc that was skipped earlier will now be the arc that'll finish the show's run. I do hope it's as good as the manga readers are making it out to be. =3
Dec 9, 2018 1:37 AM

Sep 2015
tambi33 said:
When they say demon lord, I imagine a world on the brink of destruction but things seemed to be fine here... Unless demon lords are just a high class mob that you rarely find -as well as being upon its own. Anyway...
Great, he's got a harem way to go. Love it.
But. WTF. Goblin tracks right at the end of the episode, nah why you gotta be ending it like that? I wanna know what is happening!
Can't wait for next week, loved this episode but I clicked "Hated it" by accident. Episode 11 cannot come any sooner

So because Demon Lord exist somewhere the sun should stop shine, people should stop eat, drink and sleep and everyone must go around talking about how bad their life is?

Look at IRL, somewhere people fighting or dying in pain right now, but I dont think that is stopping you from your daily routine.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Dec 9, 2018 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
Looks like they made some minor changes in comparison to the manga, seemingly for no real reason other than to maybe stretch out this episode for the next major arc in the next episode. I personally think they could have cut this whole episode down to 5 minutes, take out all the needless new scenes like cowgirl wiping herself down or the drinking game, and use all that extra time for the next arc for action sequences.
Estoy_GordoDec 9, 2018 1:50 AM
Dec 9, 2018 1:50 AM
Jan 2016
Calm and relaxing episode!

It's funny when GS goes through city without his helmet, a few number of people knows him!

GS's relationship got a little of development, and didn't expect CowGirl and Recceprionist to join with their party at lunch!

The other recceptionist reaction to GS's harem was funny!

Female knight paladin look truly beautiful!

Drink competicion between elf and dwarf was funny aswell!

Footprints at the end, it smells of problems!
Dec 9, 2018 2:01 AM

Nov 2017
- So, Suzumiya Haruhi-sama already defeated Momonga eh?
- That motherfucker spearman doesnt realize GS when GS doesnt wear his armor.

- A peaceful night.. i hope there is no death flag on the next episode.
Go Ahead Give Me Spoiler... I Dare You
Now Loading.....
Dec 9, 2018 2:01 AM
Nov 2018
Antanaru said:
@idontknowsarcasm Not really.
Also, dropping the line from the Water City "because I am Goblin Slayer" and leaving the faff afterwards for the credits roll would make for a perfect season ending.
Priestess likely didn't see his face yet. Anyway, neither of these are even remotely important. These are minor details, adaptation not supposed to be exact. And "perfect season ending" - well, that's just your opinion. Nothing perfect about it, it is abrupt and weird.

Antanaru said:
@FreezePeach Look above and just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good.
Actually, in this particular case it does. Anime is not made for you personally. No one in the world cares if you think that adaptation is botched or writing is bad as long as anime gets good ratings and sells well. Just because you think something is bad doesn't mean it's bad.

Antanaru said:
but if you look at it objectively, it's not a good show. Even worse when you check the manga and see how awesome it could be if someone competent got his hands on the production.
Dude, you don't understand what the word "objectively" means. Look it up, it will blow your mind. In particular, your opinion about anything is not "objective" in any shape or form by definition of the word. "Someone competent" - they are doing fine job, objectively, as in "show undeniably has high ratings regardless of what Antanaru thinks about it." Not trying to please you personally doesn't make them incompetent.
Dec 9, 2018 2:27 AM

Apr 2016
Kirishiba said:
The hero reminds me of Yuuki from SAO.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks of this.

Seems that the last 2 episodes will be covering the "skipped arc".
Not bad since it was an exciting arc and a better one to be a finale than the Sword Maiden's.

Looking forward on how they're going to animate this, especially the meat shields. XD
Dec 9, 2018 3:00 AM

Apr 2015
A more relaxing episode and a nice build up to what is yet to come (according to what people are saying here).

More screen time for Guild Girl, a real cutie.. she actually tagged along with the party to celebrate!

Drunk Elf Girl was cute, she lost eventually though, not surprising when going up against a dwarf.

That final scene... Hype!
Dec 9, 2018 3:46 AM

Apr 2012
AsamiRulez said:
Only_Brad said:

Only because she's correct doesn't mean she's right
I think this is a mistranslation. I believe she actually meant was:
...they'll continue till the rest of their days...
Sounds more poetic and true for retirees.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 9, 2018 3:57 AM

Oct 2007
CeddyyBearr said:

More screen time for Guild Girl, a real cutie.. she actually tagged along with the party to celebrate!

The person she like is there, of course she will tag along. She even brought that special drink with her. xD
Dec 9, 2018 4:08 AM

Apr 2015
Liddo-kun said:
CeddyyBearr said:

The person she like is there, of course she will tag along. She even brought that special drink with her. xD

Yeah, I loved how nobody knew who GS was without his armour and Guild Girl instantly noticed it was him. I ship them!
Dec 9, 2018 4:13 AM

Feb 2013
Will people here ever understand that this isn't a Manga adaption?
Is this ignorance or what?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.